what are we fighting 4/Host/goats head soup
67%

Total votes: 6
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52

Re: The Donner Party - Day 7

Post by fingersplints »

S~V~S wrote:Personally I think we did an awesome job of playing. We explored the parameters set by the host, and exploited them to their full extent. Sometimes people win who you don't think deserve to win, and sometimes they don't. That's how the cookie crumbles~

I was not a fan of losing a civ to the civ ninja, but luckily the Reeds brought him back, and he went on to win :D

I loved the (unknown to the end) win con that everyone who had ever been on the winning team won. Nice job Roxy, I hope that you & your family have smooth sailing ahead.
The Reeds didn't have the Rez anymore since the abilities had rotated.
thanks for the game Rox and congrats to those who won. sorry for killing you MP. I had tried to kill bass the night before and it failed so I panicked and picked again quickly during the day (which in a way is your fault for starting all the suspicion on me and making me make use my ability rashly to get attention off me :p ) but yea that sucked making the wrong choice :(
LC and Russ thanks for the fun btsc :hugs:
Gro-oo-ovy
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 153

Post by Ricochet »

Yes, well, it's easy to understand why two initial Donners who finished the game as the winning bad team and not being lynched either would feel pleased as punch about winning and about how they played. It'd be more interesting to know, for instance, what Antonio feels about rezzing a foreseeable future baddie if he stayed and died as a civ - except if didn't and also lasted in the game long enough to switch to the Forces side, in which case nevermind, you're all winners. Rezzing in this game should have only be used if you lasted all the way through and needed the rezz to work in your favour in case the civs would be close to get underwhelmed. But I suppose mafia is run on sentimentality.

Nice waste of a third bullet there, splints. Sorry I left you with so little. :p

I don't understand, SVS, what am I not supposed to upload or what do you believe I intended to upload in the first place. :shrug: I did in fact upload my tables as images on a different site, but I guess links are a always huge no-no for you. Also, I'd like to see an official rule on that, since we're at it. Yes, more specific rules and less "what SVS wants and gets" would be nice.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 164

Post by S~V~S »

What are you talking about? I thought you wanted to upload direct to the board. We don't do that. If you meant otherwise, I misunderstood.

Its a board capability, not a rule. Only MP can upload to the board.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I was aware of the board capability, because there is no button to upload anything. So no, I couldn't have meant to upload anything directly here, let alone Excel sheets.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 164

Post by S~V~S »

Well forgive me, then. You asked about uploading, so I was trying to be helpful. Again, not sure what you think I was talking about, but I was not trying to imply you were not ALLOWED to do anything, just that the board would not support it.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I asked for advice on how to save and upload selections of Excel sheets in a better format that I already did i.e. screenshot images. Glad to clarify that for you the second time, as always.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 175

Post by thellama73 »

Ricochet wrote:I asked for advice on how to save and upload selections of Excel sheets in a better format that I already did i.e. screenshot images. Glad to clarify that for you the second time, as always.
Please give it a rest. This is hateful and not productive.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:I am just happy three of our original four Donner's won. I think it took some skill to make that happen, regardless of what Rico says.
Good job team. I thought the strategy was brilliant, and it pretty much worked out. I just wish I could have gotten the chance to employ it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet, I don't think S~V~S is trying to frustrate you or misunderstand you.

If you want my advice, upload your screenshot to an online photo site (like photobucket), right click the image, and click "view image." Then, copy and paste the image url into your post. Finally, instead of using the url tags, use the img tags. Your image should appear in the thread without anyone having to click a link.

It isn't possible to upload an Excel or Word Doc file to the thread, though. Just the image.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52

Post by fingersplints »

Ricochet wrote:Yes, well, it's easy to understand why two initial Donners who finished the game as the winning bad team and not being lynched either would feel pleased as punch about winning and about how they played. It'd be more interesting to know, for instance, what Antonio feels about rezzing a foreseeable future baddie if he stayed and died as a civ - except if didn't and also lasted in the game long enough to switch to the Forces side, in which case nevermind, you're all winners. Rezzing in this game should have only be used if you lasted all the way through and needed the rezz to work in your favour in case the civs would be close to get underwhelmed. But I suppose mafia is run on sentimentality.

Nice waste of a third bullet there, splints. Sorry I left you with so little. :p
Regardless of if llama became a baddie, Antonio still rezzed a civvie role back into the game.

If we had known that the abilities switched we probably would have used the rez while we had it. I wouldn't have wanted a rez to fall into baddie hands. That's another of the reasons I was so quick with the civvie kill. Use it before you lose it!
Gro-oo-ovy
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:Ricochet, I don't think S~V~S is trying to frustrate you or misunderstand you.

If you want my advice, upload your screenshot to an online photo site (like photobucket), right click the image, and click "view image." Then, copy and paste the image url into your post. Finally, instead of using the url tags, use the img tags. Your image should appear in the thread without anyone having to click a link.

It isn't possible to upload an Excel or Word Doc file to the thread, though. Just the image.
I didn't want to use img tags, because I feared the image might appear to big in the topic (plus, since they're three, the post would be annoying long as well). I just remember seeing someone uploaded Google/Drive spreasheets or something in Film once and I wondered if something like that is possible with Excel ones.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

fingersplints wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Yes, well, it's easy to understand why two initial Donners who finished the game as the winning bad team and not being lynched either would feel pleased as punch about winning and about how they played. It'd be more interesting to know, for instance, what Antonio feels about rezzing a foreseeable future baddie if he stayed and died as a civ - except if didn't and also lasted in the game long enough to switch to the Forces side, in which case nevermind, you're all winners. Rezzing in this game should have only be used if you lasted all the way through and needed the rezz to work in your favour in case the civs would be close to get underwhelmed. But I suppose mafia is run on sentimentality.

Regardless of if llama became a baddie, Antonio still rezzed a civvie role back into the game.

If we had known that the abilities switched we probably would have used the rez while we had it. I wouldn't have wanted a rez to fall into baddie hands. That's another of the reasons I was so quick with the civvie kill. Use it before you lose it!
I didn't want to hand my bullets over either (well, surely not all three of them), but as I've said, that logic works less better with other powers such as rezzing, in an exceptional game such as this. Case in point, the rezzed winner.

Roxy said roles and/or abilities will be switched from the start. I honestly didn't expect her to leave me hanging as Levinah, but I think the first Rotation was universally abilities-only, so oh well.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

@ post to Epig: too big*, someone uploading*, spreadsheets*
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Black Rock »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Interesting...the longer you lasted, the more roles you could step into and thus increase your chance of winning.

Not me, I knew my goose was cooked as soon as the BTSC groups all excluded me. I knew that if I didn't get killed Night 1 (which I was), I would be lynched Day 2. So I ran with it.
I remember saying something about being excited to play with you again. I rescind that statement. :fist:
I asked Black Rock who she wanted to die. ;)
Everything makes sense now. :faint:
:hugs: :D
ImageImage
Snowman
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Snowman »

This is surreal, watching this get deciphered.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Epignosis »

lol
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Anyone else interested to share who they were / what abilities they had / who they rotated to?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I was Tamsen Donner and I died on Night 1. :faint:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

That was very easy for me to keep track off. :P Who killed you, on the other hand...
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:That was very easy for me to keep track off. :P Who killed you, on the other hand...
Epig killed me, and apparently BR was his BTSC partner at the time.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 175

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:That was very easy for me to keep track off. :P Who killed you, on the other hand...
Epig killed me, and apparently BR was his BTSC partner at the time.
I can has banner?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

At first I was a Breen with FZ., Bass, and Zomba, and we came up with a smiley mechanism that at first Rox implied was against the rules but later she said it was OK for us to use. It backfired in the end, but I died so I wasn't able to influence it. I thought that once my teammates outed themselves that we should have broken the pact and voted them. :P Nonetheless, I was willing to give Bass a one-day pass and see how it went from there... but I died.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 36

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

thellama73 wrote: I can has banner?
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Banners are here! Thanks to LC.

triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 36

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Sorry I was just going to post the banners.

Alex thanks <3
;)

Return to “Previous Side Missions”