Andrew and mommy
54%

Total votes: 13
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 67

Re: MINECRAFT - DAY ZERO

Post by blindfaeth »

Russtifinko wrote:The discussion about active players is a pretty interesting one, I think. As I said last game, I'm against voting no-shows really early in case they haven't checked in. That said, reywaS point about saying anything giving you a higher chance of getting suspicion made me think, it's not really fair to active players. I guess the only way to compensate is for everyone to agree to gradually look more closely at no-shows as time goes by?

Anyway, I know last game I occasionally refrained from posting things I thought would draw suspicion, or even posting non-essential things. That was partly for my own sake (I could avoid a lynch but not an NK, so I wanted to get baddies without drawing their attention) and partly for the other civvies, so they wouldn't waste time talking about me when they needed to be getting baddies. If something seemed really important I said it, of course. Just saying that these thoughts have affected my play.

I'm interested to see how the poll turns out. For the record, I think if there was a house push it must have been civvie led because of sheer number of votes. People here don't strike me as trusting or gullible enough to go for a baddie push on day 0 in such large numbers
I think this is a good point as well. My attitude or the way I approach things sometimes changes based on my role. If I'm civvie protector I try to stay under the radar, lynch protected I'm more bold during the day and unafraid to speak my mind, etc etc. so your role and its importance IMO do go hand in hand sometimes.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 77

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Bank sounds good.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

thellama73 wrote:I am a bit surprised by the vehemence of Roxy's reaction to Snow Dog. To me, the point he is trying to make is obvious. They certainly seem to be at each other's throats this game.
If it is obv then please point it out to me b/c tbh I don't see or get his point.
I am not at his throat I just do not like people to say I posted something when clearly I did not.
;)
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 217

Post by thellama73 »

Roxy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I am a bit surprised by the vehemence of Roxy's reaction to Snow Dog. To me, the point he is trying to make is obvious. They certainly seem to be at each other's throats this game.
If it is obv then please point it out to me b/c tbh I don't see or get his point.
I am not at his throat I just do not like people to say I posted something when clearly I did not.
You said you wanted a house to protect you from zombies, he pointed out that we already have a house and that the vote is only to expand it, and then you both argued about it for two pages.

The end.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Again with your word choice llama - me no likey. I am not vehement- I just like clarity especially when someone is misrepresenting what I said.

I never said I wanted a House lmao! I voted House - see the difference? ;)
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Now you are doing it llama - misrepresenting what I posted.
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Roxy wrote:Again with your word choice llama - me no likey. I am not vehement-
Yes you are.

ve·he·ment
/ˈvēəmənt/
Adjective
Showing strong feeling; forceful, passionate, or intense:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Is the way llama is pursuing roxy bothering anyone else?
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I give up! I posted whatever you all say I posted. Apparently it does not matter.
;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Snow Dog »

blindfaeth wrote:Is the way llama is pursuing roxy bothering anyone else?
No
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 126

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
Roxy wrote:
You said you wanted a house to protect you from zombies, he pointed out that we already have a house and that the vote is only to expand it, and then you both argued about it for two pages.

The end.
And that is the point of Mafia, discussion. What would you have us talk about if not our thoughts on the poll choices?

Again, I ask you, don't you like discussion? And I am especially not a fan of trying to paint someone as being over the top when they are not, becasue, especially after the last game, it seems to me an attempt to provoke a reaction. Last game you said she was "aggressive", and she was a civ; now you say "vehement", by which you mean a similar thing. It really feels to me that you are trying to intentionally upset her, which is a tactic I dislike in the extreme.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Only one little thing Snow Dog's said has pinged me, it's not much to go on, and better to judge people based on current game than past games IMO.
I totally agree. It's hard not to be influenced by the manipulative monsters who tricked me in the last game, but I try hard not to let those feelings color my vote, as we all should. That's why I'm dreading Day 1. It's so hard to choose for whom to vote based on so little.
LOL, so why did you want to stop discussion? To quote myself:
S~V~S wrote:
While I myself would like the maximum of discussion before going into a 24 hour lynch to avoid "OMG, I don't know who to vote for, no one has caught my eye" [snip]
Yet you said all of yesterdays discussion led to "ennui", then basically scolded Roxy & Snow for discussing their opinions, now you say, in essence. "OMG, I don't know who to vote for, no one has caught my eye".

I am beginning to think i know who to vote for~
MovingPictures07 wrote:Triple post, sorry, but another line of logic I thought was a bit strange was that the House would protect us from NKs. That could very well be true, but FH seemed to indicate that enemies can possibly spawn inside the house as well, and wouldn't the house be cornering yourself then, in that regard?

Let's just hope I'm being paranoid and that, if this is a boon poll, the civvies were pushing this one.
I don't expect we'll be protected, my view of this was that the House seemed a more civvie choice based on its protective value, not that it would literally protect anyone. In this game the protector protects you by inviting you into his house:
Charming Hostess Said: Villager - Each night the villager will choose a number which is associated with a player who has a night power, the villiager will trade with the associated role. The villager will give the other player a place to stay thus protecting him from ALL night targets. In exchange, the villager will receive the other player's power for the night. The Villiager will not know the identity of the player, only the role he traded with.
So we'll see.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

I am about to post the day one opening post and the poll. Before we officially begin I would ask that everyone please reread the rules. Everything in there is there for a good reason and is for your own good. Please follow them!
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

After a lot of thinking, sighing and shrugging Stevie and Stevie decided it made the most sense to stay and work on their house. It was quite dark in there and the floor really needed finishing.

"First thing we should do" said Stevie, "is put some lights up around the door. It will keep away any unwanted visitors."

"And it will look beautiful!" said Stevie.

After finishing the door, and seeing that it was only noon, Stevie and Stevie decided to work on the interior.

"What this place needs is some air and some light." suggested Stevie.

"I agree." said Stevie.

They worked all day on the windows, the floors and the furniture until it was just perfect!

"It looks great!" said Stevie.

"I could live here forever!" said Stevie.

"OK, so what's next? The exterior?" asked Stevie.

"No, Stevie, we can't it's almost dusk. We can't go outside now." said Stevie.

"Oh come on. Don't be such a wuss. We still have some time." prodded Stevie.

"You go if you are so sure. I'll wait right here behind our new *closed* door." Stevie said with a scowl.

"Fine!" Said Stevie, as he stormed out the door.

"I give him 3 minutes and he'll be back," thought Stevie. But three minutes passed, then five then ten. Stevie was getting worried. He looked out the windows and could not see Stevie. It was really dark out now. Stevie decided to go look for Stevie. He cautiously opened the door and tip toed around the side of the house. What he saw was his worst nightmare come true. Stevie lie dead, apparently the victim of a horrible mob attack.

Stevie began crying, through his tear streaked eyes he saw a dark object running off in the distance, he turned to the right and saw several more running toward him. He ran inside house and slammed the door. He ran inside and sat down on the bed. He picked up a picture of Stevie. Choking back tears he said, "I told you not to mine at night..."

WHO KILLED STEVIE?

YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO FIGURE IT OUT.

[/color]
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

By the way, all "artwork" are original creations by Andrew :)
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 27

Post by LittleTiger »

Oh poor Stevie! RIP! We will help Stevie figure out who killed you, don't you worry :srsnod:

Great post and lovely artwork by Andrew!
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

RIP Stevie :(

And I love the way Andrew arranged the furniture in the house, it looks lovely~ And <3 to both hosts for making the poll 6:30 rather than 6
Snow Dog wrote:
>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote:I voted house based on my experience with playing the game of Minecraft. If you ask anybody who plays it what you should do first when you start up a new game, the answer will always be to find some sort of shelter.
Which we already have. ;)
Yes, but the point is, which option seems the most friendly to the civvies, not which has the most practical value in reality. And reinforcing the protection of your home seemed the civviest choice, IMO. And I am still comfortable with it, tbh.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

S~V~S wrote:RIP Stevie :(

And I love the way Andrew arranged the furniture in the house, it looks lovely~ And <3 to both hosts for making the poll 6:30 rather than 6
Snow Dog wrote:
>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote:I voted house based on my experience with playing the game of Minecraft. If you ask anybody who plays it what you should do first when you start up a new game, the answer will always be to find some sort of shelter.
Which we already have. ;)
Yes, but the point is, which option seems the most friendly to the civvies, not which has the most practical value in reality. And reinforcing the protection of your home seemed the civviest choice, IMO. And I am still comfortable with it, tbh.
Yes i see now it wa the best choice. My bad.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Epignosis »

Dead Stevie was a n00b then?

Er...so am I. My brains would have been on the buffet too, so RIP Stevie.

Does this mean another choice might have been superior? I don't know. I am considering the idea that Stevie would have died no matter what, and that this was merely (or mostly) a matter of choosing how. A way to spur discussion. But Kate said there is info, so that must be taken into consideration.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think Dead Stevie would have died regardless.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 292
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

RIP Stevie! I agree with SVS that it seems it was a way for Kate to set up the "story", as in who killed Stevie, so he probably would have died regardless of the option. I doubt that was an actual side product of the Day 0 option.

What do people think of the back and forth between llama and Rox, and Snow Dog and Rox? I'm not sure how to read it, frankly.

Having seen llama's behavior in both MOTU and MacGyver, he made similar comments in those games as to how Day 1's are difficult and as S~V~S pointed out, he thought Rox was aggressive in that game as well (and they went after each other, civ on civ). Are people getting a similar feel here or no?

juliets wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
It's strange, though, and I find myself even occasionally being restricted in mafia by the condition you're showing here. Juliets, for example, I tend to naturally read as civvie-minded, even when I know there's an equal odd both ways. I have played many more games with her as civvie than baddie and for some reason, when in lack of any other read based on the current thread, I probably tend to read her intentions as more likely to be good. I've been trying to avoid this, and I think it's imperative that we all do the same.
Move along, nothing to see here.
Get out of here, you non-player! :WTF:

Lol. Kidding of course! Sorry to abuse you as an example, but it's what first came to mind.

reywaS wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:I guess anybody who says anything or argues anything early on is someone to view with suspicion right? After all what else is there to go on? I understand the eying of me no worries.

And MP third game in a row as a baddie? What are the chances?
This seems awfully defensive, especially since I don't seem to be saying you are baddie.
It is not intended to be defensive. I am saying i understand your suspicions(only suspicions) and that chances are that YOU are not a baddie this time.
I find these two comments by Snow Dog to be a little odd. I don't understand why they were even said tbh. The first one seems to have been said to put suspicion on MP. Then the 2nd seemed like a backtrack.
I read the first comment that way too, which is why I thought it was overdefensive, like a NO U type of response. Apparently that's not what he was intending, so I don't know.

blindfaeth wrote:
reywaS wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: I admire an active, outward player because it takes balls to go out in the thread and put yourself out there, for reasons I previously stated. I find that I win less games than people tend to think I do because I do tend to be that way, assuming I have the available free time to do so.
Well said. I appreciate that the three of us tend to have an active play style and it annoys me as well that it so often leads to targeting. I certainly take play style into consideration, and try to avoid punishing people for participating and making the game fun.
Well, if you compare an active player to a non active player, there is naturally going to be more of a chance that an active player will say something to warrant suspicion over a non active player. It doesn't automatically lead suspicion, though, just because a person posts more. It does happen a lot more often for a new player, of course, but once that player develops a "style" that can be observed a few times said person is less and less likely to be found suspicious while being talkative...if that makes any sense?
Eh maybe. But I find that the more you talk the more you are in the spotlight and the more people can microanalyze your posts. People who post more get more attention because you see their posts that much more often :shrug:
I want to weigh in on this discussion because I think it's a very interesting one. I have to say I agree with this, generally, though I find it does depend on the poster and the circumstances as well. Regardless, players who tend to participate more definitely put targets on themselves, it seems.

blindfaeth wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:The discussion about active players is a pretty interesting one, I think. As I said last game, I'm against voting no-shows really early in case they haven't checked in. That said, reywaS point about saying anything giving you a higher chance of getting suspicion made me think, it's not really fair to active players. I guess the only way to compensate is for everyone to agree to gradually look more closely at no-shows as time goes by?

Anyway, I know last game I occasionally refrained from posting things I thought would draw suspicion, or even posting non-essential things. That was partly for my own sake (I could avoid a lynch but not an NK, so I wanted to get baddies without drawing their attention) and partly for the other civvies, so they wouldn't waste time talking about me when they needed to be getting baddies. If something seemed really important I said it, of course. Just saying that these thoughts have affected my play.

I'm interested to see how the poll turns out. For the record, I think if there was a house push it must have been civvie led because of sheer number of votes. People here don't strike me as trusting or gullible enough to go for a baddie push on day 0 in such large numbers
I think this is a good point as well. My attitude or the way I approach things sometimes changes based on my role. If I'm civvie protector I try to stay under the radar, lynch protected I'm more bold during the day and unafraid to speak my mind, etc etc. so your role and its importance IMO do go hand in hand sometimes.
Also, I second this. I think behavior can be attributed to alignment, role, and even available free time during any given game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:Dead Stevie was a n00b then?

Er...so am I. My brains would have been on the buffet too, so RIP Stevie.

Does this mean another choice might have been superior? I don't know. I am considering the idea that Stevie would have died no matter what, and that this was merely (or mostly) a matter of choosing how. A way to spur discussion. But Kate said there is info, so that must be taken into consideration.
What are your thoughts, Robert, on how Day 0 went down? Do you think anyone (or more than one player) seemed to be pushing any particular option in a way that caused you to notice as suspicious?

That being said, I think the discussion from the end part of Day 0 through the rest of Day 1 might be more telling on its own than just the Day 0 discussion, but I would like to re-read things again. I noticed a few others said they tend to perceive the push for house as civvie, but I'm not necessarily convinced. Was it Russ who said so many people agreed and thus people wouldn't be as gullible? That was an interesting point, not one I necessarily agree with because I have seen boon polls where the baddie option was overwhelmingly voted for. I think it's a combination of (1) what llama said earlier about house seeming the most safe option, based on how it was portrayed in the host post, (2) in addition to particular logical game-based arguments for it, was what might have pushed it so far ahead. What I wonder is just if it was indeed the baddie option, coincidentally, and if anyone eagerly hopped on that bandwagon without giving much of a reason. I'm actually thinking that might be more likely as suspicious currently than someone actively seriously arguing for house (if it is the bad option, assumption).

And all of THAT being said, I don't necessarily think it was the baddie option, so that may easily be moot. I think what's more notable is what seemed to develop from how people have reacted to Day 0, to each other, etc.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Triple post, sorry, but another line of logic I thought was a bit strange was that the House would protect us from NKs. That could very well be true, but FH seemed to indicate that enemies can possibly spawn inside the house as well, and wouldn't the house be cornering yourself then, in that regard?

Let's just hope I'm being paranoid and that, if this is a boon poll, the civvies were pushing this one.
I don't expect we'll be protected, my view of this was that the House seemed a more civvie choice based on its protective value, not that it would literally protect anyone. In this game the protector protects you by inviting you into his house:
Charming Hostess Said: Villager - Each night the villager will choose a number which is associated with a player who has a night power, the villiager will trade with the associated role. The villager will give the other player a place to stay thus protecting him from ALL night targets. In exchange, the villager will receive the other player's power for the night. The Villiager will not know the identity of the player, only the role he traded with.
So we'll see.
And I meant to ask about this too, what exactly do you mean? I mean, if it wouldn't protect us from NKs, what kind of protective value do you mean?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Alex, since you asked, I'll give you an answer since I only answered part of it so far.

The thing between llama and Roxy seems like a civ on civ thing to me. I haven't seen anything that would indicate otherwise. As for Roxy and Snow Dog on the other hand, I'm not entirely sure. I could see it leaning civ vs. civ or civ vs. baddie. I need to go back and re-read Snow Dog though.

And like I said earlier, it's ping-worthy but that's about it so far. Whether he ends up getting my vote for it or not depends on how the rest of Day 1 goes.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

@Kate: Last time I checked, it wasn't Day 0 anymore. ;)
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 29

Post by indiglo »

Are both Snow Dog and Llama new to online mafia?
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

So we'll see.
And I meant to ask about this too, what exactly do you mean? I mean, if it wouldn't protect us from NKs, what kind of protective value do you mean?
I meant in general, it seemed like the CIVVIEST OPTION BASED ON THE FACT THAT IT WAS A PROTECIVE OPTION (I capslocked this since it is pretty much what i already said, lol, I guess you needed emphasis). I did not mean I thought it was "literally" protective, I meant the protective nature of "House" in general within the context of THIS game made it feel "civvie" to me.

So I guess i still think it was the civvie option.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

EBWOP~ not sure what I think of Rox or Snow yet, but Llama has me worried a bit.

@Indi, I think 2 or three games each, all here. Both played both MOTU & MacG.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 69

Post by reywaS »

Snow Dog wrote:
Roxy wrote:To add to the "active" player discussion - I do not buy it . I am far from active and never a top poster yet I am often lynched or NK'ed early.
It happens to us all in games. You cannot win them all every time, and just b/c you post a lot does not necessarily equate to suspicions.
At least not for me.

Linky - Snow Dog. We needed to choose House, Bank or Ship. I choose House so I would not be outside available for Zombie munching. That does not say no house exists, no ship exists, no bank exists. It says I voted House so I can be safe and not outside. Way to twist my words into a knot! :)
Stop this now. I twisted nothing as everyone can observe. ;)
But you did twist what she said....very much so. Now, whether or not you were doing it on purpose, I don't know yet.
Snow Dog wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Roxy wrote:I thought you stated you questioned my vote under the pretext that we didn't have a home. I never said that which is why I am confused.

I now do not understand what you meant by the "pretext" stuff.
Well you did say that bat first but never mind. As I said. I wasn't questioning you in particular. It was a query to all house voters. It really doesn't matter. I thought people may have misread the host post that is all.

No. No I never said that at first (or bat first).
Either way you trying to shove words down my post.
Please do not insinuate that I meant and posted something when I did not. :)
True. You never said it but implied it.

You said she didn't say that we didn't have a home, but she implied it.
Snow Dog wrote:
Roxy wrote:Got a busy day ahead of me at The National Zoo so I need to vote now.

Glad there was some discussion and I am picking Home. I do not want to be outside for the Zombies to find. Nothing better than being home and sleeping in your own bed.

Happy Monday all! <3
Where is the implication that we didn't have a home??? She voted for the house because she didn't want to be outside for the zombies to find her. No where in there is any implication that we didn't have a home. She voted for the house because she wanted to be inside of it. I'm really curious how you came to the conclusion that you did.

and I agree with....BWT? That llama's comments about Roxy were a little suspicious. It read to me like llama was trying to pile on to Roxy and fan the flames of the discussion.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
thellama73
Supatown

Re: MINECRAFT - DAY ONE

Post by thellama73 »

So apparently I am not allowed to use the words "aggressive," "vehement" and "ennui." Perhaps Roxy could submit a list of words that are acceptable for me to use without hurting her feelings, or better yet, just write my posts for me.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Now, regarding suspicions for day 1. I don't actually think Roxy is a very good candidate for lynching. Her aggressive style (which is in no way derogatory, merely descriptive) seems consistent with the other games I have played with her. I am slightly pinged by Snow Dog's arguing against the logic of the house, as if he were trying to dissuade us from voting for it. And while I saw the point he was trying to make, I don't know why he felt the need to keep making it. MP seems fine, but then he always does. S~V~S, I feel, has come out against me with unwarranted strength.

My real worry is that the baddies are laying low and letting the civs bicker amongst ourselves. With that in mind, I am tempted to vote for a low-poster. I will wait and see how the discussion goes tomorrow before coming to any conclusions, though.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sorry for the triple post, but I had one more thought before bed.
FACT: the baddies have BTSC.
FACT: This little snit we have going on started off between Roxy and Snow Dog, was joined by me and finally grew to include S~V~S.
QUESTION: why would an intelligent baddie willingly leap into a conflict between civvies and risk implicating himself when it would be far easier to lie back and let the civvies lynch each other? And wold he not, realizing this, advise his comrades to do the same?
CONCLUSION: I am at this point less likely to suspect Snow Dog, Roxy and S~V~S than I am those who have largely avoided the topic, and I hope others will follow my reasoning and see that I would have to be more stupid than I like to think I am to insert myself between Roxy and Snow Dog if I were in fact bad.

Goodnight.

Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 86

Post by Boogs »

thellama73 wrote:Now, regarding suspicions for day 1. I don't actually think Roxy is a very good candidate for lynching. Her aggressive style (which is in no way derogatory, merely descriptive) seems consistent with the other games I have played with her. I am slightly pinged by Snow Dog's arguing against the logic of the house, as if he were trying to dissuade us from voting for it. And while I saw the point he was trying to make, I don't know why he felt the need to keep making it. MP seems fine, but then he always does. S~V~S, I feel, has come out against me with unwarranted strength.

My real worry is that the baddies are laying low and letting the civs bicker amongst ourselves. With that in mind, I am tempted to vote for a low-poster. I will wait and see how the discussion goes tomorrow before coming to any conclusions, though.
I'm not quite sure who I am leaning towards voting yet until hearing more, but I do kind of think it was odd Snow was arguing his point again and again like Llama said.
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 86

Post by Boogs »

thellama73 wrote:Sorry for the triple post, but I had one more thought before bed.
FACT: the baddies have BTSC.
FACT: This little snit we have going on started off between Roxy and Snow Dog, was joined by me and finally grew to include S~V~S.
QUESTION: why would an intelligent baddie willingly leap into a conflict between civvies and risk implicating himself when it would be far easier to lie back and let the civvies lynch each other? And wold he not, realizing this, advise his comrades to do the same?
CONCLUSION: I am at this point less likely to suspect Snow Dog, Roxy and S~V~S than I am those who have largely avoided the topic, and I hope others will follow my reasoning and see that I would have to be more stupid than I like to think I am to insert myself between Roxy and Snow Dog if I were in fact bad.

Goodnight.
A lot of people ARE being rather quiet and haven't posted in Day 0 even :/
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

i dont even know what ennui means lol. hope its not a bad word, if so, shame on me, I'll wash my mouth out with soap.

I'm still uncomfortable with llama's back & forth with Roxy. I'm also uncomfortable with MP's thoughts on why the house might not be a civvie option. :ponder:

linki with Boogs :hug:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

blindfaeth wrote:i dont even know what ennui means lol. hope its not a bad word, if so, shame on me, I'll wash my mouth out with soap.
You're safe! :)

en·nui
/änˈwē/
Noun
Listlessness and dissatisfaction arising from a lack of occupation or excitement.

Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

So far nothing about Roxy's attitude or style has pinged me, and I've seen llama's posts so far more as snark than bad intentions. Not that I'm leaning civvie on either yet, I'm just not leaning baddie either. Snow Dog I feel a bit more negative about, because of the vehemence of his ship argument and what I saw as going after Roxy for her vote. Not sure whether it'll merit a vote from me yet or not.

We could always randomize, of course.

Cool new pic, Roxy!

Linki: llama's point may be right, but it's pretty WIFOMy either way... Maybe later on I'll have to check past games and see if baddieness correlates with low posting or conflict avoidance in early game. I do think it's a minor breach of mafia etiquette to vote without posting anything of substance, even on day 0 when there's less to discuss as boogs seems to be saying. Not sure how much of a look it merits yet

Hadn't thought much about MPs ship reasoning, I'll have to read it again I suppose
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Spacedaisy »

I debated whether to insert a comment from your non-player mod, and in the end I decided to say something simple. It would not be mafia if we did not get frustrated. I only ask of you all, that when you are frustrated, try not to lash out at each other because chances are the other player is just as frustrated as you. Let's do our best to keep from making the game less fun for each other. Have fun people! It's an awesome game after all, with awesome players to boot! :)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Point one to reywas, I didn't make anything up or put words in Rox's posts. She asked for a quote and I showed it. If you can't interpret the impication that is your problem.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I don't know why a discussion between two people (call it argument if you will) causes suspicion of me . She is just as suspicious from my viewpoint with her aggresive defending of her position. Ok maybe she hates being misquoted so much it makes her angry. Or maybe it is something else?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Russtifinko wrote:So far nothing about Roxy's attitude or style has pinged me, and I've seen llama's posts so far more as snark than bad intentions. Not that I'm leaning civvie on either yet, I'm just not leaning baddie either. Snow Dog I feel a bit more negative about, because of the vehemence of his ship argument and what I saw as going after Roxy for her vote.
There was no ship argument. Where is it?

And I wasn't going aftre Roxy. I made a point to her, she answered. i answered back..etc..etc. Has no one had a conversation before?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Sorry to post yet again but I guess I deserved the attention. Being so outgoing on forums. There is a lot to base opinions on. How knew I am to mafia is irrelevant Indiglo, this is me, take it or leave it.

Anyway. Did anyone make a note of the Day 0 voting? I totally forgot to do it. :(
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Zany Dex »

I've said it before I will say it again, I don't treat day 0 polls seriously at all, although maybe I should of in MOTU mafia. So unless info or the prize is known before hand I will continue just picking any of the choices that suits my mood at that very time.

I don't nessersary lay see baddies in Roxy or llama or snow dog ATM, I see people are passionate and that's cool.

To justify my own low posting at the beginning of the game, I've done it quite a lot lately, MOTU excluded, be lynched day one four times in a row you soon realise your doing something wrong :p

So nothing out of the ordinary for me just a normal day one that will likely end in a civvie lynch.
a stopped clock is right twice a day
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

He-Man, I agree with your point that most day 0 polls are likely useless. However, we do know that done people had info on this one, so isn't it an exception to that idea? I for one think this particular poll could end up being useful, even if it isn't enough to base a vote on at this point.

I think in MacGyver someone pulled up a list of low posters somehow. How do we do that, other than reading every post and tallying them up?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@llama~ I am not coming hard at you for no reason. You have made remarks aimed at squashing discussion twice, then complained that you would have nothing to base a vote on due to no discussion. This, IMO, generally leads to a vote for a civvie for a weak reason, which is a pretty baddie move. It may not mean that, but it struck me pretty hard from your ennui remark on.

@Snow, noone likes being misquoted in Mafia, it gets you killed.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

S~V~S wrote:
@Snow, noone likes being misquoted in Mafia, it gets you killed.
I'll bear that in mind. But I didn't misquote her, I posted her quote. I did say she said the house wasn't built. When she corrected me I saw it was true. She didn't say that. Only implied it.

Actually want to forget the whole thing! :sigh:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Elohcin »

RIP Stevie. I do agree that he would have died no matter which task we chose. It needed to happen to get the game rolling.

Even though it is difficult to know who to lynch so early in the game, someone must be voted for and Snow Dog does seem most suspicious as others have pointed out.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

@S~V~S: I don't agree that I have made remarks attempting to squash discussion. In fact, I have stated that I will try not to punish those who tend to be active posters for their play style.

You are taking the ennui comment far too seriously, as I was just trying to be funny by using an unusual and colorful word. Perhaps I should have posted it in sarcastic orange.

Regarding the quote you pulled, I was not trying to squash discussion, I merely found the conversation between Snow Dog and Roxy tiresome because they kept going back and forth saying the same things over and over again in what I felt was an unproductive manner.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:@S~V~S: I don't agree that I have made remarks attempting to squash discussion. In fact, I have stated that I will try not to punish those who tend to be active posters for their play style.

You are taking the ennui comment far too seriously, as I was just trying to be funny by using an unusual and colorful word. Perhaps I should have posted it in sarcastic orange.

Regarding the quote you pulled, I was not trying to squash discussion, I merely found the conversation between Snow Dog and Roxy tiresome because they kept going back and forth saying the same things over and over again in what I felt was an unproductive manner.
You are probably right. That's the problem with these arguments they tend to get unproductive very quickly. I should have dropped the whole thing long before. Didn't like being accused of manipulating her words either though. Which is why I corrected myself saying she implied it. Maybe she didn't intend to. That's how I read it though. We both know each other from PA. What I see in your posts here is what I see there. Nothing unusual, you are behaving as normal.

Was the Masters Of the Universe game your first too?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote: Was the Masters Of the Universe game your first too?
Yes, it was, although I have played many hidden role type games before.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”