Made Man
Posts in topic: 73

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Day 1

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:29 pm
sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:20 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:12 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:08 pm Talk more about my case on INH.
Didn't you already basically admit that your case against me is an inherently-hollow trojan horse designed to stir up shit and get people talking?
That question was specifically for sig.
I feel like it was a hollow trojan horse case designed to stir up shit and get people talking.
why is that odd?
because it’s disingenuous and makes any reactions to it more or less useless. I like players who say what they mean. Deception, even when it’s well-intentioned instigation, only serves to muddy the waters and confuse civilians.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 73

Post by insertnamehere »

[VOTE: Jackofhearts] aubergine

Wasn’t sure if I had to do this to be counted
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:37 pm [VOTE: Jackofhearts] aubergine

Wasn’t sure if I had to do this to be counted
You do, but we're working on a way to vote that is not objectively ugly.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

insertnamehere wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:36 pm
sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:20 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:12 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:08 pm Talk more about my case on INH.
Didn't you already basically admit that your case against me is an inherently-hollow trojan horse designed to stir up shit and get people talking?
That question was specifically for sig.
I feel like it was a hollow trojan horse case designed to stir up shit and get people talking.
why is that odd?
because it’s disingenuous and makes any reactions to it more or less useless. I like players who say what they mean. Deception, even when it’s well-intentioned instigation, only serves to muddy the waters and confuse civilians.
What I'm getting at is this: I always play like this. I always try to instigate shit. It's not disingenuous. I hate the "trojan horse" monicker and I feel like that's a terrible misrepresentation of what i'm doing. I believe there is avenue for discussion in the things I bring up. That is not the same as believing that they must be true. But they are things that can be talked about. There's never a game where I don't play this way. You and sig have both played with me enough in the past to be at least somewhat familiar with my playstyle. So for it to be dismissed as "odd" in this game is misguided. In your case I believe you are just frustrated with my approach. In sig's case, i'm less sure. I feel like he may have called it "odd" as a deflection, but then he had to backtrack on that a little in order to give me a town read. I think it's something that could be discussed.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:25 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:06 pm How about a real, sort of substantiated case?
sig wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:51 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:15 pm
sig wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:50 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:45 pm This tribe cannot win. We do not have JaggedJimmyJay, there's no use trying.

hmmmm a defeatist attitude you must be mafia. :srsnod:
Opportunistic reaching. Must be town.
:hug:
sig appeared to be trying to initiate some gameplay, but this was where his prod of me led. Nothing really came out of this, so it feels like a hollow post.
sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:49 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:03 pm [VOTE: sig] aubergine
No bad sloonie bad boy no treats for you.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:36 pm Sig has 6 posts, but outside of an empty mudfling in my direction none of them have really contributed much.
It's day one, I don't have much to say. :shrug:
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:40 pm [VOTE: insertnamehere] aubergine

@sig what do you think of my vote?
I think it was odd, I don't see your case on INH and I'd rather not lynch him day 1. I also kind off agree most of the time day 1 is a shot in the dark.
Slaps me on the wrist for voting him. Okay. Shrugs about the lack of content on Day 1. Okay. Calls my attempts to generate content "odd". This is where I raise my eyebrows at sig. we're in a game that is moving painfully slow. I'm trying to breathe some life into it, and when I tried to get sig involved he threw a tiny bit of shade for doing so. The rest of his answer amounts to another shrug. I don't love this post on its own, but it looks even worse in conjunction with this post:
sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:52 pm I do like that Sloonie is posting and trying to get people talking, but as of right now I just don't think there's much to talk about. However, I'd put him down as a light civ read.
Sig observes that I'm "trying to get people talking", despite having just critiqued my "case" as "odd" a minute earlier. what is odd about it? I'm clearly just trying to get you to talk, sig. If this is a good thing, and a thing you can recognize that I am doing, and which I have a reputation for doing, why did you also dismiss my first efforts as "odd"? :smoky:
This is so full of switcheroo that it almost becomes a WIFOM post.
I don't know what this means.
I meant that it's such a Switcheroo that it can't possibly be that a baddie would do that. But, then would they because everyone would think they wouldn't...
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Boomslang »

sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:36 pm Plus I'm about 70% sure I submitted a haiku and it's very disappointing nobody followed up and answered when I asked if they did.
Ok, what's this "70% sure" crap? You either did or you didn't, and you should be able to check your PMs to verify either way. Also, I must not count as anybody, because I definitely responded in the affirmative about the haiku.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:22 pm Day ends in an hour and a half and only 25% of the roster has voted.
You keep saying this. If others are thinking like me (and from what I've gathered, they are), they've read the three pages of posts (probably will change to four soon on my end) and still don't get much. (We can say all we want that "tons of info can be gauged from Day 1," but that's rarely the case in my experience.) I see a (mostly) random and super early rainbow list, some frustration from INH, and some meta-readings from previous games that I haven't played. I also see a lot of people who haven't checked in, and a mechanic that allows people who sent in lovely little poems to be immune.

At first, I agreed with whoever said to watch for that mechanic, and not bother voting for whoever might have sent in a haiku, but upon further thought, I figure one's votes this round, regardless of the mechanic, will give good info for future rounds. So, scrap that - I disagree. Vote what looks weird/bad, not what might not work. (It would be great to have both a baddie and a non-haiku poster, of course, but can we get that lucky? :grin: ) Also, apologies if I misinterpreted that line of thought - that's more my line of thought at first, then changing it.

On Days 1, I'm a fan, if I'm not finding anything of strong merit to vote someone for, to vote a major lurker or a non-poster. It is, as others have said, the Game of Champions, and Champions should at least check in. I will wait a bit longer to cast a vote and give a chance for this, but otherwise, I'm most likely to go this way.

Blooper break.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:36 pm [VOTE: Sig] aubergine

I'm bored, lets tie it.

Plus I'm about 70% sure I submitted a haiku and it's very disappointing nobody followed up and answered when I asked if they did.
Can't you just check your sent items and see if you did?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nijuukyugou wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:22 pm Day ends in an hour and a half and only 25% of the roster has voted.
You keep saying this. If others are thinking like me (and from what I've gathered, they are), they've read the three pages of posts (probably will change to four soon on my end) and still don't get much. (We can say all we want that "tons of info can be gauged from Day 1," but that's rarely the case in my experience.) I see a (mostly) random and super early rainbow list, some frustration from INH, and some meta-readings from previous games that I haven't played. I also see a lot of people who haven't checked in, and a mechanic that allows people who sent in lovely little poems to be immune.
This is my point. There's nothing going on. I want people to talk. Then vote based off those talks.
At first, I agreed with whoever said to watch for that mechanic, and not bother voting for whoever might have sent in a haiku, but upon further thought, I figure one's votes this round, regardless of the mechanic, will give good info for future rounds. So, scrap that - I disagree. Vote what looks weird/bad, not what might not work. (It would be great to have both a baddie and a non-haiku poster, of course, but can we get that lucky? :grin: ) Also, apologies if I misinterpreted that line of thought - that's more my line of thought at first, then changing it.
Agreed completely.
On Days 1, I'm a fan, if I'm not finding anything of strong merit to vote someone for, to vote a major lurker or a non-poster. It is, as others have said, the Game of Champions, and Champions should at least check in. I will wait a bit longer to cast a vote and give a chance for this, but otherwise, I'm most likely to go this way.

Blooper break.
I don't hate lynching a no-show if there aren't any other better options. I'd prefer to try to give ourselves a better choice in the remaining... 35 minutes. :shrug:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Ah. Well then. You and I are on the same page, haha. Fair enough :p I think my issue is, what do we talk about, if we don't have anything to talk about?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nijuukyugou wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:16 pm Ah. Well then. You and I are on the same page, haha. Fair enough :p I think my issue is, what do we talk about, if we don't have anything to talk about?
what do you think of spacedaisy and sig?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Running out of time. Sig hasn't changed his self-vote and hasn't explained that cryptic 70% comment. Although he hasn't shown up, Jack also isn't creating confusion in thread. So voting sig. [VOTE: Sig] aubergine
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Um... I've been throwing up all day and thought the thing ended later.

I don't have time to read, please tell me the cases on sig and jack
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:32 pm Um... I've been throwing up all day and thought the thing ended later.

Jack hasn't checked in at all. Sig cast a self-vote to tie out of "boredom," failed to provide actionable information about his haiku submission, and ignored my own claim of haiku submission. I don't like any of those things.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:17 pm
nijuukyugou wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:16 pm Ah. Well then. You and I are on the same page, haha. Fair enough :p I think my issue is, what do we talk about, if we don't have anything to talk about?
what do you think of spacedaisy and sig?
I think sig is fumbling and being weird about his haiku. I don't think this is indicative of alignment. I do think it's weird as fuck :haha:

I liked Daisy's comment about INH's reaction being more civ than baddie. Or, rather, that it's logical frustration. Indicative of alignment for her? No. But I agree with her in this respect.

I should vote. I'm voting non-poster, and that would be [VOTE: Jackofhearts2005] aubergine right now.

Linki - Not so much a case on Jack as he's not posted, and it's the friggin' GoC. Hopefully, however, he's all right IRL.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:32 pm Um... I've been throwing up all day and thought the thing ended later.

Jack hasn't made a single post yet. I said these things about sig.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Spacedaisy »

Boomslang wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:55 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:59 pm
Boomslang wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:09 pm Checking in. Visiting with Blooper's parents, so will give this the attention it deserves tomorrow.
What sort of attention does a game of this magnitude with themes and roles and intricacies from the entire year leading up to this point deserve?
The sort of attention that begins with a read of the thread and a consideration of the mechanics. That leads me to like INH and dislike Sloonei right off the bat: INH is willing to entertain that we should reconsider Day 1 play because of the haiku, while Sloonei just wants to charge ahead with business as usual.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:49 am ]I don't care about who we may or may not be able to lynch. Today should be pursued just the same as any other Day 1. This is not something I will worry about today.
I also find Sloonei's attitude toward the button rather cavalier. If the button behaves the same way as in the original game and redistributes all roles, I would think the towniest approach would be to press it immediately, rather than at some random time later in the game. That way we remove the possibility of role shuffling early; if roles shuffle after we do a bunch of reading work, then all that progress gets cast aside.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:50 pm I was the original Button Pusher in CC-123. It redistributed all the roles in the game. Pushing the button is a good idea any time, anywhere. Push it real good.
Other than that, Scotty reads good to me based on general helpfulness and inquisitiveness. I gut like sig because his thoughts on the button and haiku posting agree with my own. Mildly concerned about G-man given his one post with no effort to either contribute or explain an absence.

I'm going to go ahead and say for the record — I sent in a haiku. Anyone else willing to make that claim?
I am bothered by to think we fac you put INH pushing discussion of the haiku submission as pro civ. I see it as something that would not be in INH's favor. It looks more like looking civ by generating discussion without actually helping the civs at all. No mafia member is going to say, yeah I didn't send one in! Because why would they do that? It just seems like it would only result in muddying the waters, give the baddies something to hide behind.

The fact your see it so differently gives never pause. And in fact you want others to claim too. I dunno Boom. I think I'm putting my vote on you today.

[VOTE: Boomslang] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Boomslang wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:34 pm

Jack hasn't checked in at all. Sig cast a self-vote to tie out of "boredom," failed to provide actionable information about his haiku submission, and ignored my own claim of haiku submission. I don't like any of those things.
don't like as in suspect or don't like as in think they're weak suspicions
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I think Jack is more likely to at least check in if he's bad.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I think that's probably true. And/or he knows he has immunity.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:37 pm
Boomslang wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:55 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:59 pm
Boomslang wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:09 pm Checking in. Visiting with Blooper's parents, so will give this the attention it deserves tomorrow.
What sort of attention does a game of this magnitude with themes and roles and intricacies from the entire year leading up to this point deserve?
The sort of attention that begins with a read of the thread and a consideration of the mechanics. That leads me to like INH and dislike Sloonei right off the bat: INH is willing to entertain that we should reconsider Day 1 play because of the haiku, while Sloonei just wants to charge ahead with business as usual.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:49 am ]I don't care about who we may or may not be able to lynch. Today should be pursued just the same as any other Day 1. This is not something I will worry about today.
I also find Sloonei's attitude toward the button rather cavalier. If the button behaves the same way as in the original game and redistributes all roles, I would think the towniest approach would be to press it immediately, rather than at some random time later in the game. That way we remove the possibility of role shuffling early; if roles shuffle after we do a bunch of reading work, then all that progress gets cast aside.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:50 pm I was the original Button Pusher in CC-123. It redistributed all the roles in the game. Pushing the button is a good idea any time, anywhere. Push it real good.
Other than that, Scotty reads good to me based on general helpfulness and inquisitiveness. I gut like sig because his thoughts on the button and haiku posting agree with my own. Mildly concerned about G-man given his one post with no effort to either contribute or explain an absence.

I'm going to go ahead and say for the record — I sent in a haiku. Anyone else willing to make that claim?
I am bothered by to think we fac you put INH pushing discussion of the haiku submission as pro civ. I see it as something that would not be in INH's favor. It looks more like looking civ by generating discussion without actually helping the civs at all. No mafia member is going to say, yeah I didn't send one in! Because why would they do that? It just seems like it would only result in muddying the waters, give the baddies something to hide behind.

The fact your see it so differently gives never pause. And in fact you want others to claim too. I dunno Boom. I think I'm putting my vote on you today.

My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Ugh. I have no idea where to vote. I don't actually suspect anyone.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I didn't mean to post that. Sorry. I don't follow your argument against Boomslang, Daisy. I think you made a couple of typos. Could you elaborate on this suspicion?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:41 pm Ugh. I have no idea where to vote. I don't actually suspect anyone.
Vote Boomslang.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

His vote for sig is weak.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:42 pm
LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:41 pm Ugh. I have no idea where to vote. I don't actually suspect anyone.
Vote Boomslang.
I don't like peer pressure.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I don't consider myself knowledgeable enough to break this tie under these circumstances. I really need to throw up more but I don't want to miss the vote

[VOTE: ninja] aubergine to maintain the tie
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:43 pm
Vote Boomslang.
It would be a tremendously gracious showing on your part if you were to join Daisy and I in solidarity against Boomslang, friend. :hug:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

Because peer pressure and grasping at all the straws to find day 1 suspects. And because I have to vote somewhere.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:44 pm
LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:43 pm
Vote Boomslang.
It would be a tremendously gracious showing on your part if you were to join Daisy and I in solidarity against Boomslang, friend. :hug:
Sorry, friend.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 118
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Haha, I forgot to come back and move my vote. XD

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:45 pm [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

Because peer pressure and grasping at all the straws to find day 1 suspects. And because I have to vote somewhere.
Are you criticizing me for grasping at straws for Day 1 suspects, or stating that you are grasping at straws?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:46 pm
LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:45 pm [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

Are you criticizing me for grasping at straws for Day 1 suspects, or stating that you are grasping at straws?
A little of both, lol.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Golden »

"Captain, I cannae mind the mute all day" said Scotty.

"What is he talking about?" asked sloonei "I'm not mute. I'm not a captain, either.".

"He's not talking about you." said Marmot "He's talking about JackofHearts. Every since that vision, he's done nothing but sit in the wreck of the train carriage pulling his beard hairs out one by one.
We're all quite worried about him."

"I don't understand" said Sloonei "Why are we not talking about me? Tell me what you think of me!"

"Err" said LoRab "You're.... fine, I suppose?"

"FINE!" yelled Sloonei "Why, I can make a rainbow appear just with a snap of my fingers." Sloonei snapped his fingers, the rain stopped, and a rainbow stretched across the sky.

Kylemii said "Ah yes, I know that trick. I used to produce rainbows from my..."

"Wait" sig interrupted "shouldn't we be trying to find and lynch someone who didn't pay the entry fee?"

"We don't even know who did and who didn't" said inh "Life is pointless."

"You jerks never killed me" mumbled sloonei to no-one in particular, reflecting on his own past mafia performances.

"I'm proud of us" said Daisy "we haven't even been distracted by this haiku nonsense. It's all been about finding whoever killed Mac. I'm glad we've got our priorities straight."

Everyone stopped dead in their tracks. Oh my god, Daisy was right! Mac was murdered! And here they were bickering about who had written a haiku.

"Yes, exactly" said DrWilgy "That's what we've all been doing."

"Absolutely" said ninja "No other thought has entered my head whatsoever." Ninja was mostly thinking of Boomslang.

"No other thought entered my mind" Boomslang declared "as if we would be distracted by petty nonsense." Boomslang was mostly distracted by ninja.

"It was all my idea" said Sloonei.

"I can't believe no-one noticed I was speaking in a ridiculous accent" said Scotty.

"Has anyone got some weed?" asked Jack.

Day 1 has ended. Quin has not been lynched (he paid the entry fee).

It is now night 1. It will last for 24 hours, meaning you have 22 hours to get your PMs in.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

So we appear to be sharing a lynch with the other tribe and they wanted to lynch Quin. I declare this a bad decision on their part.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sig »

Quin? Am I missing something here.

linki: Yeah I'd assume which ever group has the most votes for a player gets the lynch.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

And I was mainly messing around, I did write a haiku and knew I wouldn't be lynched so I figured i'd do some unconventional scum hunting and see how people reacted, I think we found out alot by the vote changes and last minute push onto Boom.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Boomslang wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:25 pm Running out of time. Sig hasn't changed his self-vote and hasn't explained that cryptic 70% comment. Although he hasn't shown up, Jack also isn't creating confusion in thread. So voting sig. [VOTE: Sig] aubergine

Creating confusion isn't a good reason to vote for someone, but I also don't want to throw out a NO U and say you must be mafia for voting me.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:54 pm And I was mainly messing around, I did write a haiku and knew I wouldn't be lynched so I figured i'd do some unconventional scum hunting and see how people reacted, I think we found out alot by the vote changes and last minute push onto Boom.
What did we find out?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Golden wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:48 pm
"No other thought entered my mind" Boomslang declared "as if we would be distracted by petty nonsense." Boomslang was mostly distracted by ninja.

Bewbs
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Night 1

Post by Sloonei »

I think Boomslang is the best suspect to emerge from Day 1. The way he tried to frame me as bad felt errant and shady, his vote for sig was weakly justified, and daisy's gripe about his treatment of INH is a valid criticism as well, I believe. Let's talk about him a little.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:55 pm
sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:54 pm And I was mainly messing around, I did write a haiku and knew I wouldn't be lynched so I figured i'd do some unconventional scum hunting and see how people reacted, I think we found out alot by the vote changes and last minute push onto Boom.
What did we find out?
What you said I agree with.

Lorab's vote for you was weird and I kind off disagree with it seemed like she wanted to avoid the main wagons.

Three votes for Jack is odd, I wouldn't be surprised if an anti-civ voted there.

I'd like to talk mechanics really quick. Everyone has two roles so does that mean mafia doesn't have chat? Or perhaps we don't have a traditional mafia. Otherwise I don't see how the former team members wouldn't out each other.
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:55 pm
What did we find out?
What you said I agree with.

Lorab's vote for you was weird and I kind off disagree with it seemed like she wanted to avoid the main wagons.

Three votes for Jack is odd, I wouldn't be surprised if an anti-civ voted there.

I'd like to talk mechanics really quick. Everyone has two roles so does that mean mafia doesn't have chat? Or perhaps we don't have a traditional mafia. Otherwise I don't see how the former team members wouldn't out each other.
If I’ve read the rules correctly, it appears that anyone with BTSC keeps their previous alignment/win condition.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:33 pm I think Boomslang is the best suspect to emerge from Day 1. The way he tried to frame me as bad felt errant and shady, his vote for sig was weakly justified, and daisy's gripe about his treatment of INH is a valid criticism as well, I believe. Let's talk about him a little.
Boomslang is my top town read.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

insertnamehere wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:16 pm In terms of voting, I wouldn't be against going the Scotty route and voting for JoH. This is the Game of friggin' Champions. Champions, at the very least, show up.
*coughlfellowshipcough*
insertnamehere wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:25 pm Eh. Sloonei’s case against Sig seems to be based on him not eagerly complying with his tactics of instigation.

Went with Jack. C’mon dude, you gotta show up.
Lazy. Opportunistic.

Are you looking to catch baddies or to place a vote nobody can blame you for? Doesn’t look like the former.
Scotty wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:08 pm If I were the button, I would have pressed it when I logged in.

Maybe jack is the button?
If I was the button, I’d lynch myself because that role ruined The Plan (tm). Why did you want to lynch the button?

Also, I see Sig and Sloonei as potential w/w.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Saved by Quin’s poem
Don’t you mother fuckers know
Jack is always town
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Why does me wanting others to claim or deny haikus make me seem bad to you? Even if everyone claims to send one in, we'll produce a bunch of lie-checkable statements that someone could use to confirm suspicion of suspects come later in the game. I see nothing bad about wanting that information in the thread. Sure, it's not tremendously helpful if that's the only thing we talk about. But I think a discussion of this mechanic plays a welcome complement to other happenings.

In other news, Jack coming out swinging is a good look, although I don't get his statement about wanting to lynch himself if he was the button role (didn't play that game).

Also, bewbs.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:33 pm I think Boomslang is the best suspect to emerge from Day 1. The way he tried to frame me as bad felt errant and shady, his vote for sig was weakly justified, and daisy's gripe about his treatment of INH is a valid criticism as well, I believe. Let's talk about him a little.
Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ok after a really long and frustrating day at work, I'm finally home and catching up.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:36 pm
Why?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Boomslang wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:17 pm

Why does me wanting others to claim or deny haikus make me seem bad to you? Even if everyone claims to send one in, we'll produce a bunch of lie-checkable statements that someone could use to confirm suspicion of suspects come later in the game. I see nothing bad about wanting that information in the thread. Sure, it's not tremendously helpful if that's the only thing we talk about. But I think a discussion of this mechanic plays a welcome complement to other happenings.

In other news, Jack coming out swinging is a good look, although I don't get his statement about wanting to lynch himself if he was the button role (didn't play that game).

Also, bewbs.
I'm sorry for the typos guys, I was at work rushing to post and vote. We were slammed, it's been a shit day. Ok, to better clarify. You presented INH focusing on discussion of the haiku stuff as a good thing, and then you claimed and asked others to claim too. Let's consider if we focused on the haiku stuff. We would have had people claim they sent one and we would have no way of knowing if it were true or not. If we blindly believed them and limited our voting to the people who did not claim to have submitted a haiku then would we have been any closer to lynching a baddie? Unlikely since the baddies could just claim to have submitted one and thus avoided getting lynched by us. All that pushing this angle would do is sidetrack us from discussing people whose behavior might strike us as suspicious. So it looks very un-civ to me to push this angle. And my suspicion of you was based on the fact that you not only said this was a good look for INH, but because you seemed to continue down that path. It was a gut reaction to your posts.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”