40%

Total votes: 20
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 127
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Cartomancy [Day 1]

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:11 am i think the person with the wolfiest entrance so far is actually lucy
?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:14 am
lucy wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:20 pm locking sig and sean in as town
i believe that lucy would want to tryhard in this game as town but i find it slightly more difficult to believe that she would have two confident townreads that she was willing to lock less than 2 pages in the game, particularly since the game got off to such a slow/boring start

maybe im just projecting my own struggle to feel invested into this game so far on to lucy but it felt like she was rushing the solving process in a way that is kinda uncharacteristic for her
I think people tend to rush to find some read they can hold onto in stale gamestates just so they have something to do.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 317

Post by staypositivefriend »

maybe, but that doesn't really strike me as the way that lucy thinks about games. she tends to play very internally and makes a point of keeping her cards held close to her chest unless she feels like she has something important to say. so, her going out of her way to locktown two players in a dry gamestate pinged me specifically from her more than it would have pinged me from another random person
Bereft
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 286
Preferred Pronouns: He etc.

Post by Bereft »

Alison wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:01 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:11 am i think the person with the wolfiest entrance so far is actually lucy
?
I think this is the natural reaction to have. I can't particularly explain why they sound unnatural but I flatly do not believe it is difficult at all for certain wolves types to post as sig did in response, and I feel that lucy has been giving off town vibes that the natural reaction should not be "lucy is the wolfiest player", and especially not since your explanation of why this is so clearly relies on a meta read.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I agree with SPF that this is a super unexciting game so far. I am just gonna vote the easiest wolf to catch and try to break the game open with associatives.

[VOTE: Kate] aubergine
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

I also dont think the beginning of the game was boring or that porscha v was the only read to be had.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Bereft wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:05 am
?
I think this is the natural reaction to have. I can't particularly explain why they sound unnatural but I flatly do not believe it is difficult at all for certain wolves types to post as sig did in response, and I feel that lucy has been giving off town vibes that the natural reaction should not be "lucy is the wolfiest player", and especially not since your explanation of why this is so clearly relies on a meta read.
do you think that perhaps it's possible that i would read and perceive lucy in a different way from you based on my previous experiences with her?
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:04 am maybe, but that doesn't really strike me as the way that lucy thinks about games. she tends to play very internally and makes a point of keeping her cards held close to her chest unless she feels like she has something important to say. so, her going out of her way to locktown two players in a dry gamestate pinged me specifically from her more than it would have pinged me from another random person
I have thoughts on this but would prefer @lucy answer first
Alison

Post by Alison »

Bereft randomly deciding to case SPF 3 pages in is townie btw.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i agree. i think bereft is projecting his view of the game on to me and that's towny too.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 471

Post by tutuu »

i think bereft is tow
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 239
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

Alison wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:07 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:04 am maybe, but that doesn't really strike me as the way that lucy thinks about games. she tends to play very internally and makes a point of keeping her cards held close to her chest unless she feels like she has something important to say. so, her going out of her way to locktown two players in a dry gamestate pinged me specifically from her more than it would have pinged me from another random person
i generally lack influence in games, that is generally my weakness. i know spf knows this, however i think she has failed to understand that tryhard means partly correcting my errors which in this case is trying to come up and say more thoughts. i definitely do play as she described, but i also didn't mean to be taken so seriously when saying "locking" lmako

spf is probably town
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:06 am
Bereft wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:05 am
?
do you think that perhaps it's possible that i would read and perceive lucy in a different way from you based on my previous experiences with her?
Its possible. I would want to know why you asked but I feel like your answer would be along the lines of "Im trying to probe you" and thats not interesting with respect to my view of you.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tbh it was more of a snarky attempt to put down your read than a real attempt to probe you, because i already decided you were town before i asked you that question
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:08 am i agree. i think bereft is projecting his view of the game on to me and that's towny too.
this is a 500 iq post if ur mafia

earlier u talk about thinking ur projecting ur stuff to lucy and now ur justifying tr on bereft for the same reason - projection. ergo u gotta be town. i believe it
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

I suupose I should reveal that I think SPF is town and my thoughts started reversing course midway through "casing" SPF as Alison wants to put it.
Alison

Post by Alison »

lucy wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:10 am
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:07 am
i generally lack influence in games, that is generally my weakness. i know spf knows this, however i think she has failed to understand that tryhard means partly correcting my errors which in this case is trying to come up and say more thoughts. i definitely do play as she described, but i also didn't mean to be taken so seriously when saying "locking" lmako

spf is probably town
Yeah, I agree with this and my thoughts are that it seems like a natural evolution of your play after what we talked ahout post spec invitational. I also think that you are trying to impress some players in the game and that might make you play more aggressively
staypositivefriend
Hitman

admittedly that's a pretty towny reaction from lucy
Alison

Post by Alison »

Bereft wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:16 am I suupose I should reveal that I think SPF is town and my thoughts started reversing course midway through "casing" SPF as Alison wants to put it.
We are already pocketed, there is no need to do it twice
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:12 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:08 am i agree. i think bereft is projecting his view of the game on to me and that's towny too.

earlier u talk about thinking ur projecting ur stuff to lucy and now ur justifying tr on bereft for the same reason - projection. ergo u gotta be town. i believe it
classic tutuu town post

Welcome back
Baudib1
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 136
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Baudib1 »

I have only been pocketed by Alison so far.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

lucy wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:24 pm mac, 100 post cap btw, don't blow through it
Oh hell yeah we cappin erryday
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

tutuu wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:35 pm i think rondo is always a very easy townread
i think mac town idk vibes astrology saturn
think lucy is town for the "imma tryhard this game" line
i think sean town coz idk vibes feelings jupiter
i think neon is town for those kpop gifs. she felt bad for last game with the npcs and stuff and now she chilling. an nyeong ha seyo
Am intriguing interpretation of my play. Not entirely inaccurate though this is more of NAI normal Neon play irregardless of alignment where as in Secret Playerlist Mafia I could never get into the game in a manner of speaking.

So I'd say I'll I did feel fucking awful but I don't think this play is directly a correlation of that nor should I be read on it.

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Baudib1 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:39 pm
tutuu wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:35 pm i think rondo is always a very easy townread
i think mac town idk vibes astrology saturn
think lucy is town for the "imma tryhard this game" line
i think sean town coz idk vibes feelings jupiter
i think neon is town for those kpop gifs. she felt bad for last game with the npcs and stuff and now she chilling. an nyeong ha seyo
Free town reads for Koreans (D1 only).
What about Yuna simps do we get a D1 pass?

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:36 pm I am not Mafia!

None of you are surprised, tho you'll doubt me nonetheless
Falcon town

ImageImage

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 434

Post by MacDougall »

Bereft wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:55 am I dont think SPF is repping a "standard sensible town POV".
Welcome to my town list.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:21 am
tutuu wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:12 am

classic tutuu town post

Welcome back
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:58 am @MacDougall What was the basis for you initial Seanzie townread?
His initial read on Dennis didn't seem to have scum motivation behind it.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:03 pm Alison (she/her) lw
Baudib1 (he/him) t
Bereft (he/him) t
Creature (he/him) ?
Dennis (he/him) lw
DrWilgy (he/him) .
falcon45ca (he/him) .
fingersplints (she/her) .
Jackofhearts2005 (he/him) .
Kate (she/her) ?
lucy (she/her) t
MacDougall (he/him) w
Neon (she/her) w
Porscha (she/her) t
RondoDimBuckle (any/Rondo) t
Roxy (she/her) .
Seanzie (he/him or they/them) t
sig (he/him) lt
staypositivefriend (she/her) t
tutuu (any) lt
update
[/quote]
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:35 am Alison (she/her) lw
agreed
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:05 am I agree with SPF that this is a super unexciting game so far. I am just gonna vote the easiest wolf to catch and try to break the game open with associatives.

Kate wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:58 pm
sig wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:46 pm Also from my limited games with rondo he seems to be playing within his civ meta right now so probably wouldn’t want to vote their today
Just read through once and I for now agree on this. This is almost identical to the way he opened the last game and he was civ. Unless of course, he's doing that to make us think that... anyway nothing about his gameplay pings me thus far.

Lots of pings in this thread for a cold day 1 from many people. I'll have to reread tomorrow for any deeper thoughts.
Explain to me what's obvscum about this post
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: neon] aubergine
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

just figured out who oracle is
RondoDimBuckle
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

lucy wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:42 am just figured out who oracle is
well then its easy, dont vote them
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
☆Princess Abigail☆

sig wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:45 pm We just voted off falcon day 1 so we can’t do that again this game
Sure we can. We shouldn't and Falcon is town but we can

ImageImage

RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

sig wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:46 pm Also from my limited games with rondo he seems to be playing within his civ meta right now so probably wouldn’t want to vote their today
Just read through once and I for now agree on this. This is almost identical to the way he opened the last game and he was civ. Unless of course, he's doing that to make us think that... anyway nothing about his gameplay pings me thus far.

Lots of pings in this thread for a cold day 1 from many people. I'll have to reread tomorrow for any deeper thoughts.
<eyebrow wiggles>

This is a weird thing to say considering I have opened 3 different ways in front of you
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

so theres a bunch of cards with anti-town effects like ending day or ending night early, no chop, stuff like that. oracle guy/dude/girl/anythin in between can be like "im watchin u" @ a wolf and catch them if they play the naughty anti-town card. so we jus gotta be careful for town not to play the anti-town cards, coz u arent allowed to claim stuff about it later, and oracle can find u and then big trouble

so it should go without saying but just covering the bases here - if ur town pls dont use the cards that do obvious bad stuff like - protecting a player from chop, ending day early, stuff like that. i think u can just like pass the card back and chill. i dunno if ending night early and randomizing night actions is anti-town it could be anti-wolf too. i havent read them all carefully

(i havent played w u all and there might be disagreements in what constitutes as an anti-town effect, iss why im making this post)
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:56 am so theres a bunch of cards with anti-town effects like ending day or ending night early, no chop, stuff like that. oracle guy/dude/girl/anythin in between can be like "im watchin u" @ a wolf and catch them if they play the naughty anti-town card. so we jus gotta be careful for town not to play the anti-town cards, coz u arent allowed to claim stuff about it later, and oracle can find u and then big trouble

so it should go without saying but just covering the bases here - if ur town pls dont use the cards that do obvious bad stuff like - protecting a player from chop, ending day early, stuff like that. i think u can just like pass the card back and chill. i dunno if ending night early and randomizing night actions is anti-town it could be anti-wolf too. i havent read them all carefully

(i havent played w u all and there might be disagreements in what constitutes as an anti-town effect, iss why im making this post)
Im gonna play the anti-town cards
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Shouldn't the Oracle just hard claim immediately?
Baudib1
Stool Pigeon

Post by Baudib1 »

Ending day early is awesome.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:57 am
tutuu wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:56 am so theres a bunch of cards with anti-town effects like ending day or ending night early, no chop, stuff like that. oracle guy/dude/girl/anythin in between can be like "im watchin u" @ a wolf and catch them if they play the naughty anti-town card. so we jus gotta be careful for town not to play the anti-town cards, coz u arent allowed to claim stuff about it later, and oracle can find u and then big trouble

Im gonna play the anti-town cards
GOD DAMN IT RONDO
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:58 am Shouldn't the Oracle just hard claim immediately?
they might eat and block a night kill but otherwise they're an immortal innocent child thats pretty rad. also can't be cc'd i think coz they can prove their role w night report
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:58 am Shouldn't the Oracle just hard claim immediately?
I dont think the Oracle is going to hard claim unless they are on the block and they should play it that way because then the other side of the block is probably a wolf
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:00 am
they might eat and block a night kill but otherwise they're an immortal innocent child thats pretty rad. also can't be cc'd i think coz they can prove their role w night report
or can they. coz other people cant claim what card they drew. so this falls into a bit gray territory wrt no info dumping like 2 oracles ccing each other and claiming night reports and the other players can silently be like "i just trust this dude over this dude for no apparent reason" BAM
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:01 am
I dont think the Oracle is going to hard claim unless they are on the block and they should play it that way because then the other side of the block is probably a wolf
Meh if I was Oracle I'd just claim early. The mafia are very unlikely to cc, we then don't waste time pushing them and we have a slot who we can at least trust the solving intentions of. I see very little downside to getting it out of the way early.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

[VOTE: seanzie] aubergine
Baudib1
Stool Pigeon

Post by Baudib1 »

I wouldn’t claim.
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:39 am
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:05 am I agree with SPF that this is a super unexciting game so far. I am just gonna vote the easiest wolf to catch and try to break the game open with associatives.

Explain to me what's obvscum about this post
She agrees with Rondo meta, immediately undermines her own view, then promises a future reread (a reread? Thread was literally 2 pages) that has to happen before she gives any deeper thoughts. It's a waffly nothingburger of a post.
Alison

Post by Alison »

If I was oracle I would claim but that is because Inno Child Alison games have a very high winrate which might not apply to other people.

I am not Oracle
☆Princess Abigail☆

tutuu wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:26 am dennis feels town to me but that avi of a good pup is cheating if he had a different avi it woulda been a different story
But my avatar is a cute girl isn't cheating. Disappoint.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Alison wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:55 am
Neon wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:34 pm
Baudib1 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:06 pm Voted sig. I’m town.

Cya tomorrow.
*checks notes* I put this at 33% chance of being true
Baudib is my strongest townread at this point in time. Why do you think they are mafia?
Why not?

It was mostly a joke.

ImageImage

Return to “Previous Rackets”