The Mark
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Fallout New Vegas: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [DAY 1]

Post by Chelsea »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:59 am
Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:47 am
Manny wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:40 am
Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 am Hello Manny, you forced me to join this so wouldn't it be you who has to carry me? I'm disappointed.
I cant carry mself, let alone carry you :joy_cat:
why u wanna vote abigail btw?
Why must you ask to be carried then ask even more questions when the option presents itself to you? If you don't want to be get up off your butt and find your own vote.

Between all the empty filler posting the stuff that has content and explanation around it feels overly explained and LAMIST for how they've already presented the way they want to play.

If you see a better vote at these current times, I'm all ears.
Let me ask you... do you know who I am

Also it's bullsh8t to say my posts are filler I'm so sick of this narrative around me
No, but I can think of a few people who would get huffy over their posts being called filler.

I don't think your identity would change my opinion on you.
Chelsea
The Mark

Post by Chelsea »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:59 am
Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:56 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:47 am Also... which one was that because I'm sure you have multiple of those in mind?
I don't think it matters what one, just be careful before digging your heels into a read so easily, if I need to keep reminding you of this I'll just stick a note to your forward. Do you have any other reads that aren't town on Scotty?
This is quite the threat Chelsea I'm scared of these consequences.

You town.

Manny maybe town.

Anything else I'm basically forcing.
Be honest, are you calling me town because you want me to be town or do you really townread me?

I would've figured with my recent wolf history you'd just wait a minute before being so eager to throw out that read again.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 102

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

See for Scotty I largely wolf read early mech posts in games and in my data they are 70% of the time wolf posts but I think everything around the bread stuff is just so insanely town that I'm willing to lock that in early

Creature keeps making excuses for why people are gonna vote him and it feels very defeatist in a wolfy way but I won't vote there unless someone checks me because I can't read creature

Breads insistence that Scotty is town and his read is right against all challenges is just towny imo I'd not be willing to lock that though

Manny feels decidedly disengaged but that's something old me would hard town read however new me is trying to be more patient with what I town lock so I'm gonna say town lean

Chelsea pushing me I hate but only cause this narrative is the same one I get miskilled for constantly by and large I think... assuming Chelsea has no experience with me... that Chelsea is town

What I'm saying is I think the active part of the thread is all town
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 301
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:03 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:47 am Also... which one was that because I'm sure you have multiple of those in mind?
I don't think it matters what one, just be careful before digging your heels into a read so easily, if I need to keep reminding you of this I'll just stick a note to your forward. Do you have any other reads that aren't town on Scotty?

You town.

Manny maybe town.

Be honest, are you calling me town because you want me to be town or do you really townread me?

I would've figured with my recent wolf history you'd just wait a minute before being so eager to throw out that read again.
I want you to be town.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:02 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:59 am
Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 am Hello Manny, you forced me to join this so wouldn't it be you who has to carry me? I'm disappointed.
Why must you ask to be carried then ask even more questions when the option presents itself to you? If you don't want to be get up off your butt and find your own vote.

Between all the empty filler posting the stuff that has content and explanation around it feels overly explained and LAMIST for how they've already presented the way they want to play.

Let me ask you... do you know who I am

Also it's bullsh8t to say my posts are filler I'm so sick of this narrative around me
No, but I can think of a few people who would get huffy over their posts being called filler.

I don't think your identity would change my opinion on you.
I know very few people who play like me and thus if you knew who I was in fact it would change your pretty lame read on me

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

We how fast can Abbi cap in a dead thread

ImageImage

Dunnstral
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Dunnstral »

Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:21 am Thanks for the fish.
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:47 pm Fuck it Scotty can be town.
Do you base this on the mech post? I find that a tad odd because anyone can speak on mech, especially considering it's basically truth-talk and busy work Day 1. It's probably the most irrelevant line of conversation you can go down. Now, given it's RVS at that point, sure talk away on a matter I consider unimportant but out of all of Scotty's early posts, why that one?

I can't decipher whether your reaction is over-eager or just premature. Even with your later answer just doesn’t feel like you should be this set.
Lots of incorrect assumptions in this post.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Eeny meeny miiny moe

[ytubehd][/ytubehd]

Vibes

ImageImage

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 336

Post by MacDougall »

M-m-m-mafia
Dunnstral
Stool Pigeon

Post by Dunnstral »

They talk later about their reasons and it was not the mech post. But you assume it is and run with it and ask questions about that.

It's strange to me that Lime Coke rushes to call you town too given the above.
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:07 am Creature keeps making excuses for why people are gonna vote him and it feels very defeatist in a wolfy way but I won't vote there unless someone checks me because I can't read creature
It is a bit of a misrepresentation to frame it like this, they made their posts at the start of the day and haven't posted since then. As for me I don't have an opinion on Creature yet but didn't find their early posts to be alarming (though I also dislike when people say they're not good on day 1 like this)
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 111
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:27 am I'm like the only one who's even explained anything I feel lol
Where did you explain anything? Can you quote/link the posts?
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:33 am
Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 am
Manny wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:29 am brad can be town, so can scotty.

thats all i got ill be back later prolly, @Chelsea where u at im here just to be carried :pensive:
Hello Manny, you forced me to join this so wouldn't it be you who has to carry me? I'm disappointed.

However, you could join me in voting Abigail if you're really insistent on me carrying you.
And I joined because of you joining. :D
And I joined because I saw so many players I like to pkay with :smile:

You choose what's NAI for Abi to vote her.
Also you didn't read the OP, otherwise this would be backed up by a thread vote
Princess Abigail
17%
Voters: Chelsea

You town.

Manny maybe town.

Why for both? Why maybe?
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:07 am See for Scotty I largely wolf read early mech posts in games and in my data they are 70% of the time wolf posts but I think everything around the bread stuff is just so insanely town that I'm willing to lock that in early

Creature keeps making excuses for why people are gonna vote him and it feels very defeatist in a wolfy way but I won't vote there unless someone checks me because I can't read creature

Breads insistence that Scotty is town and his read is right against all challenges is just towny imo I'd not be willing to lock that though

Manny feels decidedly disengaged but that's something old me would hard town read however new me is trying to be more patient with what I town lock so I'm gonna say town lean

Chelsea pushing me I hate but only cause this narrative is the same one I get miskilled for constantly by and large I think... assuming Chelsea has no experience with me... that Chelsea is town

What am I? A chpped liver?
Explain the last sentence for me pls

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Manny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: he

Post by Manny »

Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:47 am Why must you ask to be carried then ask even more questions when the option presents itself to you? If you don't want to be get up off your butt and find your own vote.
I can be carried and have curiosity they arent mutually exclusive!.
also u arent even voting her yourself, it wouldnt even be following u if i voted her now :curtain:
Manny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: he

Post by Manny »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:21 am M-m-m-mafia
hi nerd
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:23 am Why for both? Why maybe?
Chelsea's questioning of me feels towny since she isn't just trying to kill me or get me in a gotcha it's just trying to figure out what I'm doing.

Manny because of him looking to sheep Chelsea but doesn't instantly do it the moment she votes someone and questions it.

Maybe because it's something Manny can do as mafia but I'm choosing to think it's town.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Oh yeah that's funny to see.

Both my hydra partners in the same game.
Dunnstral
Stool Pigeon

Post by Dunnstral »

My early feelings are ☆Princess Abigail☆ and Michelle leaning towny

Lime Coke maybe leaning town

Manny leaning mafia
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Dunnstral wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:22 am They talk later about their reasons and it was not the mech post. But you assume it is and run with it and ask questions about that.

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:07 am Creature keeps making excuses for why people are gonna vote him and it feels very defeatist in a wolfy way but I won't vote there unless someone checks me because I can't read creature
It is a bit of a misrepresentation to frame it like this, they made their posts at the start of the day and haven't posted since then. As for me I don't have an opinion on Creature yet but didn't find their early posts to be alarming (though I also dislike when people say they're not good on day 1 like this)
Can you talk a little about your playstyle?
Also if you can link recent games as both alignaments it would be nice :)
:bliss:

Dunnstral
Stool Pigeon

Post by Dunnstral »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:25 am
Chelsea's questioning of me feels towny since she isn't just trying to kill me or get me in a gotcha it's just trying to figure out what I'm doing.

Manny because of him looking to sheep Chelsea but doesn't instantly do it the moment she votes someone and questions it.

Maybe because it's something Manny can do as mafia but I'm choosing to think it's town.
I think you have really naive reads and these townreads are basically for nothing. It's silly to think that they can't make similar posts as mafia or that what you've pointed out is town indicative in my opinion.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

The choice of reading someone by whim it's not giving the best answer.
I trust neither of them, especially because they look like distancing and playing 'towny'

☆Princess Abigail☆

Mac!!!!!! Hiiii!!!

ImageImage

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Dunnstral wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:28 am

I think you have really naive reads and these townreads are basically for nothing. It's silly to think that they can't make similar posts as mafia or that what you've pointed out is town indicative in my opinion.
I mean, you're probably right, but I...don't have a response against what you're saying. :shrug:
☆Princess Abigail☆

Dunnstral wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:22 am They talk later about their reasons and it was not the mech post. But you assume it is and run with it and ask questions about that.

Hmm? What have I said that's a misrepresentation

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:23 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:27 am I'm like the only one who's even explained anything I feel lol
Where did you explain anything? Can you quote/link the posts?
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:33 am
Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 am
Manny wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:29 am brad can be town, so can scotty.

thats all i got ill be back later prolly, @Chelsea where u at im here just to be carried :pensive:
Hello Manny, you forced me to join this so wouldn't it be you who has to carry me? I'm disappointed.

However, you could join me in voting Abigail if you're really insistent on me carrying you.
And I joined because of you joining. :D
And I joined because I saw so many players I like to pkay with :smile:

You choose what's NAI for Abi to vote her.
Princess Abigail
17%

You town.

Manny maybe town.

Why for both? Why maybe?
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:07 am See for Scotty I largely wolf read early mech posts in games and in my data they are 70% of the time wolf posts but I think everything around the bread stuff is just so insanely town that I'm willing to lock that in early

What am I? A chpped liver?
Explain the last sentence for me pls
I've explained reads on Scotty multiple times Creature multiple times

Chelsea Manny Brad

But no I won't quote the posts

You are not what I've considered active enough to comment on

The last sentence says the people who are most active are all town

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Manny wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:23 am
Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:47 am Why must you ask to be carried then ask even more questions when the option presents itself to you? If you don't want to be get up off your butt and find your own vote.
also u arent even voting her yourself, it wouldnt even be following u if i voted her now :curtain:
She is voting me though xD

ImageImage

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Linking activity with towniness when people come from different time zones is not what I will trust as an actual thought

Chelsea
The Mark

Post by Chelsea »

All you can make is assumptions based on the context of what you see. I don't think it's a bad assumption to make considering it was made directly after the mech post in question.

Asking if it's about the mech post and then talking about my feelings on mech is two entirely different statements and trying to link them together into one thread makes the narrative awkward and just incorrect. Along with the fact Lime never said it isn't about the mech post you're just going to your own (ironic) assumptions.

Can you go into more detail on why the bolded was stated? It makes it seem like you think people who come to the wrong answer cannot be towny and that's anything but the truth. It feels like you're trying to nitpick instead of solve.
Dunnstral
Stool Pigeon

Post by Dunnstral »

Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:27 am

Town:
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=92020
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=91870

Mafia:
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=91817
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=91644

To navigate to just my posts you can scroll to the bottom right of the page, go to the activity overview, and click my post count

As for my playstyle, I try to shoo people away from voting low activity players on day 1 and try to caution against people townreading others for superficially looking towny especially on day 1. I tend towards talking more about mech. Sometimes I will disappear from thread for a day or more but that's not really indicative of my alignment (has happened multiple times as both alignments and I often get heat for it, generally I'm just not interested in catching up with hundreds of posts at the moment and the game is otherwise not interesting and spinning in circles). I try to keep an open mind and not tunnel, but if I find an inconsistency I do stick to it and try to get that player voted out while further analyzing new information.
Chelsea
The Mark

Post by Chelsea »

Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:23 am You choose what's NAI for Abi to vote her.
Princess Abigail
17%
It quite frankly is impossible to be NAI to call someone stating a read NAI. So I don't get where this is coming from.

And no, I did read the OP, I just figured if you played a vote in the poll without a vote in the thread it doesn't count, is that not how it works here?
☆Princess Abigail☆

Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:33 am Linking activity with towniness when people come from different time zones is not what I will trust as an actual thought
The activity isn't why holy shit

I explained why they are towny where did I say it was based on activity

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

What I'm dating is the wolfs are not currently active

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

For no reason other than that I individually town read those who are

ImageImage

Dunnstral
Stool Pigeon

Post by Dunnstral »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:30 am

The way you worded it made it seem like Creature has done this multiple times so far, and they've only done it once at the start of the thread and then presumably left.
☆Princess Abigail☆

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:37 am What I'm saying is the wolfs are not currently active
Ebwop I hate mobile phones

ImageImage

Chelsea
The Mark

Post by Chelsea »

Manny wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:23 am
I do apologize you're right it would be a bit boring if you just did what I asked without a second glance. But, you're supposed to carry me why else would I join?

Surely you didn't want me to roll mafia again.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Dunnstral wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:37 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:30 am

The way you worded it made it seem like Creature has done this multiple times so far, and they've only done it once at the start of the thread and then presumably left.
They have in fact done it multiple times

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Creature wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:19 pm I think there's a good chance I'll get bored, go missing almost the whole day and return EOD to either see a large wagon on me or lead away from wolf to a mislynch.
One

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Creature wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:04 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:03 pm Thanks for the reminder.

Everyone gets a maximum of 100 posts per day phase. This will lift an hour prior to the poll deadline.
Ugh this is gonna be quite painful

but maybe I won't get to 100-post anyway

Just don't wagon me D1 because it's like the hardest day for me to handle

My reads D1 are prob going to be shit, they take some new flips to adjust
Two

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

That would be multiple

ImageImage

Dunnstral
Stool Pigeon

Post by Dunnstral »

Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:33 am Linking activity with towniness when people come from different time zones is not what I will trust as an actual thought
There's a real inclination to townread players who are posting more and assume that mafia must be among the less active players. It's a psychological phenomenon... and has to do with naively townreading people based of "vibes" when in reality they could easily make these posts as mafia

Not to say I never townread based on how I feel about a player on day 1, but you have to pick and choose what you think is actually indicative of town.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:16 am

Everyone gets a maximum of 100 posts per day phase. This will lift an hour prior to the poll deadline.

I tunnel you every game so I'm gonna try not to do this for once

But I hate this opening... send help
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:18 am I will not vote creature

I will not vote creature

Creature has the worst entrance but I will not vote creature

You explained you can't read Creature yet you imply a scum read.
I get you think it's a read explanation but I don't see it as such, Abi

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:39 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:37 am What I'm saying is the wolfs are not currently active
Ebwop I hate mobile phones
I don't think so.
I take this a towny from you though.

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Michelle is town.
Chelsea
The Mark

Post by Chelsea »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:47 am Michelle is town.
I unfortunately agree.
Michelle
Made Man

Re: Fallout New Vegas: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [pre-game]

Post by Michelle »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:50 am
Game Rules

First and foremost, always be mindful of site rules and our continuing mission to maintain a positive playing environment for our users.

Remember that the premier rules in any Syndicate Mafia game come straight from the site rules. Review those rules below, and direct any concerns you may have to the host or moderator(s) on duty.

[Link] Rules and Guidelines on The Syndicate

Also always be mindful of the culture of respect that must be maintained in all Syndicate spaces at all times, to include this game thread and any external communication spaces relating to the game. Players must be respectful to one another, to the game host, to the members of the staff overseeing the game, to the game itself by way of its rules and spirit, to the Syndicate community in general, and ideally also to themselves. Respect is never optional. See our full manifesto on our culture of respect below.

[Link] A Syndicate Mafia Culture of Respect

Voting and Claiming Rules

Claiming

Public claims of role identity and role information are legal. The game has been designed deliberately to avoid this resulting in an easily solved or broken mechanical system.

Voting

1. The game will operate purely on the basis of voting plurality. There is no majority hammer vote. The player who has received the most votes when the poll deadline arrives will be eliminated.
2. Votes may be changed at will and without limitation.
3. It is required to place votes in both the poll (by clicking a radio button and submitting) and the game thread (in a clear manner such as using the [ vote ][ /vote ] tags (no spaces)). The poll does not track voting order, so you must call votes in the thread to ensure it is possible for players to track votes if they wish to do so.
4. Voting for yourself is not permitted and will not count. This applies to all players regardless of alignment.
5. Voting is not obligatory. There is no requirement to place any vote during any phase. Participation is required, however, as described later in this post.
6. A "no elimination / sleep" option will be included in each day phase poll. To be enacted, this must win the plurality vote with no ties.

Participation Standard

I don't like to establish any hard-line standard for participation, by post count or whatever. Still, it is important that everyone make a reasonable effort to participate in the game. At least a few posts per day phase would be a bare minimum. If I feel that any player is not participating enough to keep play entirely fair, then I will seek replacements. I will resort to modkills if I must. The later we get into the game, the less inclined I will be to rely on any replacement. If something comes up and you will be unable to post for some manageable period, please let me know and we can work with that. If your computer explodes or your power fails, please try to at least shoot me a one-line alert on Discord. #jaggedjimmyjay

Substitutions / Replacements

I'd rather not! If it is absolutely necessary to find a substitute, I can try to achieve this (though only limited subs are available if any). However, I will not do this in the game any later than Night 3. If I am left with no alternative, I will consider modkills. I will also consider leaving a slot inactive.

Mafia Team Details

1. The mafia team will be permitted to communicate behind the scenes in a Discord server.
2. They will be allowed to begin communicating immediately upon receiving their role cards, before the game thread opens.
3. Mafia communication will be active during all phases, day and night.
4. Mafia are obligated to submit a night kill. Declining a night kill is not permitted. If a night kill is not provided to the host, a kill will be randomized among all living players (including the mafia team themselves).
5. Mafia are not permitted to submit night actions on behalf of their teammates unless explicit, visible consent is provided to the host.

Game Cycles

Day phases will last 48 hours. Night phases will last 24 hours. All phases will end at 9:00 PM EST. If the host encounters unexpected scheduling conflicts and needs to change these cycles, the host will do so and alert all players accordingly.

Other Stuff

1. Behind the scenes communication is only permitted in host-designated locations and with host approval.
2. Neither editing nor deleting of posts in the game thread is permitted.
3. Please do not post in the game thread when you have died until the game is over.
4. Non-players may make infrequent jokes or off-topic comments in the game thread, but they must use the [ np ][ /np ] tags (no spaces). Do not abuse this privilege.
5. If living players wish to make off-topic comments, they may use the [ ot ][ /ot ] tags to use the designated "off-topic green" text. This is not required.
6. If you have any questions about the game, please ask the host privately. If deemed necessary, the host may provide a public answer.
7. Indicate that you have read the rules by saying "thanks for the fish, JJJ" in the game thread. This is not required, but it's nice to know people care. :smile:

Angleshooting

Don't.

We all know what the spirit of Mafia is about. So don't. If you ever think something might be cutting it close, just ask me before doing it/saying it. Thanks gang.

Examples of things that suck:
- Relying on volatile emotionality as a strategy to progress the game for yourself (or posting the same material non-strategically). Contact the moderator on duty (@Justplayingitcool).
- Referencing out-of-game personal information to progress yourself in the game (regardless of alignment) -- you can mention things about life, just don't expect it to necessarily be worth added grace in the game.
- Trying to use specific wording in your role card to glean information in the thread
- Making reads or judgments about the game based upon who you see in the "Who is online" section under the thread
- Openly calling for or talking about the mafia team conceding
- Discussing anything outside the game thread that should have no bearing on it (e.g., technical quirks you observe on Discord) other than ordinary metagaming
- Plenty of other things; there are too many to list. Contact me if you're tempted but unsure or if you believe someone else has engaged in an angleshooting or appeal to emotion violation.
So you read the OP in diagonale :shrug:

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:49 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:47 am Michelle is town.
I unfortunately agree.
Yayyy approval!
☆Princess Abigail☆

Dunnstral wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:42 am
There's a real inclination to townread players who are posting more and assume that mafia must be among the less active players. It's a psychological phenomenon... and has to do with naively townreading people based of "vibes" when in reality they could easily make these posts as mafia

Not to say I never townread based on how I feel about a player on day 1, but you have to pick and choose what you think is actually indicative of town.
Once again that has nothing to do with what I said

ImageImage

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Now my hydra partners can get along. :)
☆Princess Abigail☆

Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:44 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:16 am

I tunnel you every game so I'm gonna try not to do this for once

But I hate this opening... send help
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:18 am I will not vote creature

I will not vote creature

Creature has the worst entrance but I will not vote creature

You explained you can't read Creature yet you imply a scum read.
I get you think it's a read explanation but I don't see it as such, Abi
*sigh* I do not wish to be wrong so yes I'm expressing a read that I would like someone to check me on

ImageImage

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Dunnstral wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:36 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:27 am

Town:
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=92020
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=91870

Mafia:
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=91817
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=91644

To navigate to just my posts you can scroll to the bottom right of the page, go to the activity overview, and click my post count

As for my playstyle, I try to shoo people away from voting low activity players on day 1 and try to caution against people townreading others for superficially looking towny especially on day 1. I tend towards talking more about mech. Sometimes I will disappear from thread for a day or more but that's not really indicative of my alignment (has happened multiple times as both alignments and I often get heat for it, generally I'm just not interested in catching up with hundreds of posts at the moment and the game is otherwise not interesting and spinning in circles). I try to keep an open mind and not tunnel, but if I find an inconsistency I do stick to it and try to get that player voted out while further analyzing new information.
Thank you!
This will help me to find you at one moment :beer:

Dunnstral
Stool Pigeon

Post by Dunnstral »

Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:35 am

All you can make is assumptions based on the context of what you see. I don't think it's a bad assumption to make considering it was made directly after the mech post in question.

Asking if it's about the mech post and then talking about my feelings on mech is two entirely different statements and trying to link them together into one thread makes the narrative awkward and just incorrect. Along with the fact Lime never said it isn't about the mech post you're just going to your own (ironic) assumptions.

Can you go into more detail on why the bolded was stated? It makes it seem like you think people who come to the wrong answer cannot be towny and that's anything but the truth. It feels like you're trying to nitpick instead of solve.
Well I did ask about Lime Coke's read later and they had a different answer. So I found it strange that Lime Coke saw your post and took no issue with it. No I'm not assuming anything, I ask them in post 57 and 59 and they respond in 58 and 63.

Return to “Previous Rackets”