6%

LoRab
No votes

lipsticklacey
No votes

Made
No votes

Metalmarsh89
fingersplints (8), Scotty (13), Russtifinko (15)
18%

MovingPictures07
MovingPictures07 (10), Boomslang (16)
12%

Russtifinko
boo (2), Metalmarsh89 (3)
12%

Scotty
thellama73 (5), Elohcin (6), LoRab (9), lipsticklacey (11), Spacedaisy (17)
29%

TinyBubbles
No votes

Professor Pig (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), Dragon D. Luffy (4)
12%

Total votes : 17
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Angry Birds [Day 1]

Post by Spacedaisy »

I voted Scotty without even seeing where the vote stands but it seems I definitely put him in e lead for being lynched. It is mostly gut, but the wAy he went for Lacey and then immediately backed offs hen he caught flack for it seemed suspicious to me. Hope my gut is not off here.

Made, you were my second runner for my vote, because the third person stuff is about as enjoyable for me as PDA is for you. Also, sorry if it seriously made you uncomfortable but it's not our style anyway, it was said more as a joke than anything else.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Boomslang wrote:Yeah, I gotta vote too. I don't have a strong read on anyone really... But I just noticed MP self-vote, which I always think is fishy. You're the only one who knows you're not bad, after all, and voting yourself undermines that trust. *votes MP*
Says the guy who self-voted on Day 0. :rolleyes:

But I have noticed that MP has only ever self-voted when he was civilian. Still, I've only seen him do it when he is frustrated with people's attitudes towards him, not because he's busy. He used to frown on me for doing that actually.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Ice bear apologizes for missing the vote. Ice Bear would voted mm.

Ice bear is currently in transit to college, so he will be around until his phone dies.
Pov: you reading my takes
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Made wrote:Ice bear apologizes for missing the vote. Ice Bear would voted mm.

Ice bear is currently in transit to college, so he will be around until his phone dies.
:suspish:
You were 2 minutes too late.

Have fun guys. I was really hoping to be in this game for longer, since I also was looking to sub out for LC due to it being a little too big for me right now.

Ah well. Thanks for hosting, Simon!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Made and TinyBubbles missed the lynch.

15 out of 17 ain't bad though.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

fingersplints wrote:I also didn't like how MM was quick to jump on the Russ vote. I agree with Ice Bear that that is more suspicious.
^
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm going to have to vote in a couple of hours, and I intend to vote Scotty. No solid reason, just pure hunch. I don't feel good about him.

Discuss.
Scotty seems to enjoy extrapolating which either means he's bad and want to seem present or he enjoy extrapolating, something ice bear enjoys from time to time. Ice bear would much rather advocate a Marmot lynch at this point.
I cannot support this course of action. That would result in the votes being spread (potentially).
WHy is this a bad thing?
It's a bad thing because I would be lynched.

I actually do prefer votes to not be concentrated on one player, and my vote was intended to get a reaction from Russ.
Did you really think he was bad? Why did you choose him to get a reaction from? Why not any of the other players? Do you believe that his suggestion to vote for the specific 3 people was sinister? If so, why?
He could be bad, but I voted for him because he suggested a strategy of not spreading out the votes, so I followed his strategy to see how he would respond.

I am disappointed that he hasn't responded yet.

I also noticed and agree with what boo had to say previously.
MM, thanks for not spreading out the votes. I'm not bad, though, so feel free to "not spread them " onto other people.
Scotty wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm going to have to vote in a couple of hours, and I intend to vote Scotty. No solid reason, just pure hunch. I don't feel good about him.

Discuss.
Scotty seems to enjoy extrapolating which either means he's bad and want to seem present or he enjoy extrapolating, something ice bear enjoys from time to time. Ice bear would much rather advocate a Marmot lynch at this point.
I cannot support this course of action. That would result in the votes being spread (potentially).
Well, since the vote is already spread, I will vote scotty as well. It's fun to tie things up b/c tie breakers give info :)
I think your idea of fun is different than mine.

I just don't see the same thing as others on Russ still.
And I don't like your definition of fun. At least llama had some sort of guy reason.

Are you saying there could be merit to my reasoning that you could be a bad bird, Elo?

I would prefer not to have to do a retaliation vote on the next highest vote-getter, but it's heading that way, Jim.

Anybody else down for voting for Lipsticklacey? Or LoRab? She hasn't been here today.
II wouldn't be into a Lipsticklacey lynch. She's brand new, for crying' out loud! In my book that gives her free reign until D3. Others are free to not agree, but that's my stance. :srsnod: As far as LoRab, she hasn't caught my eye either way yet. She seems similar to last game so far fwiw. A bit cantankerous and an unorthodox thinker.

Linki: Fair enough, I guess. I don't see bad MP doing that, though, for the sake of his team, and I believe that he has RL PH.D. stuff. Boomy, so I'm clear, do you not believe him or do you think that he is being truthful but still subconsciously inclined to confess to his evil ways? And why not vote for one of the top 2 vote-getters and thus have a chance to meaningfully impact the lynch?

Double Linki: Daisy, thoughts on MP's self-vote?

TRIPLE LINKI: STOP POSTING
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Scotty why are you posting as dead? No host post yet, right?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Ice bear was taking care of responsibility before leaving town and forgot to check the game.

Linki: ice bear agree with Russ, this is oddly peculiar.
Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Simon »

When the birds found out that King Pig was trying to take over the world, they started their journey. Will the birds get to the castle and stop King Pig from getting their eggs?

Scotty has been lynched. He was Jim.

It is now Night 1.

You have until 8pm EST to submit your PMs.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Russtifinko wrote:Scotty why are you posting as dead? No host post yet, right?
Oh, I guess.

Well.

Hi.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Boomslang »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Boomslang wrote:Yeah, I gotta vote too. I don't have a strong read on anyone really... But I just noticed MP self-vote, which I always think is fishy. You're the only one who knows you're not bad, after all, and voting yourself undermines that trust. *votes MP*
Says the guy who self-voted on Day 0. :rolleyes:

But I have noticed that MP has only ever self-voted when he was civilian. Still, I've only seen him do it when he is frustrated with people's attitudes towards him, not because he's busy. He used to frown on me for doing that actually.
Yeah, for a civilian reward :P But RIP Scotty. *plays bagpipe dirge, as appropriate for the name* *looks for bagpipe emoji* *finds none* :bighug:
lipsticklacey
Posts in topic: 32

Post by lipsticklacey »

Scotty wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Scotty wrote:
LoRab wrote:voted Scotty. Weak suspicion, but day 1. I thought by pointing out Lacey and I, he was seriously trying to point figures in any direction other than his. Which doesn't seem like a civ tactic. And he knows from the last game that I have quiet days because of life, so...doesn't seem so authentic to point in my direction because I hadn't posted during this RL day. And voting now because I'm exhausted and starting to fall asleep.
If you have followed me at all in any game I play here, my Day 1 is usually centered around looking at people that haven't checked in/posted. My view is if you're in the game, play the game. Why should we keep you around?

Should I not be pointing in directions other than myself? Or should I just vote myself? I'm not sure what constitutes a civ tactic.

Just so you feel better, DFaraday also hasn't posted today.

And hello lipstick! Nice to hear from you, and I hope to get to play with you past Day 1!
I was working from 8-8 and had no chances to check in.

My really quick summary of the posts makes me feel okay about Boo and Scotty. I'm not sure about FZ, specifically going after Boo for his logic angle (which he always plays anyway). I don't feel like trying to scrutinize posts tonight, so I'll go with my feeling and *vote FZ*
It's all good. I know that feeling. I worked a 6am-4am shift a few days ago. I'm currently locked in a bathroom for the next 5 minutes.

I ask all the people that haven't voted not to vote me out on Day 1. Because 2/4 have no real reason to vote me. Lipstick is new, and I wish her well. But man....
I'm sorry, Scotty. I should not have voted for you. I voted before catching up on reading, because I was afraid of missing the deadline. I also hope we get to play past Day 1 together sometime.

Also, I apologize for missing the Day 0 poll. I don't know what a Golden Egg is, but I thank SpaceDaisy for the vote!
If every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs!
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

:( Sorry Scotty
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Russtifinko wrote:
fingersplints wrote:I also didn't like how MM was quick to jump on the Russ vote. I agree with Ice Bear that that is more suspicious.
^
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote: Scotty seems to enjoy extrapolating which either means he's bad and want to seem present or he enjoy extrapolating, something ice bear enjoys from time to time. Ice bear would much rather advocate a Marmot lynch at this point.
WHy is this a bad thing?
It's a bad thing because I would be lynched.

I actually do prefer votes to not be concentrated on one player, and my vote was intended to get a reaction from Russ.
Did you really think he was bad? Why did you choose him to get a reaction from? Why not any of the other players? Do you believe that his suggestion to vote for the specific 3 people was sinister? If so, why?
He could be bad, but I voted for him because he suggested a strategy of not spreading out the votes, so I followed his strategy to see how he would respond.

I am disappointed that he hasn't responded yet.

I also noticed and agree with what boo had to say previously.
MM, thanks for not spreading out the votes. I'm not bad, though, so feel free to "not spread them " onto other people.
Scotty wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:

Discuss.
Well, since the vote is already spread, I will vote scotty as well. It's fun to tie things up b/c tie breakers give info :)
I think your idea of fun is different than mine.

I just don't see the same thing as others on Russ still.
And I don't like your definition of fun. At least llama had some sort of guy reason.

Are you saying there could be merit to my reasoning that you could be a bad bird, Elo?

I would prefer not to have to do a retaliation vote on the next highest vote-getter, but it's heading that way, Jim.

Anybody else down for voting for Lipsticklacey? Or LoRab? She hasn't been here today.
II wouldn't be into a Lipsticklacey lynch. She's brand new, for crying' out loud! In my book that gives her free reign until D3. Others are free to not agree, but that's my stance. :srsnod: As far as LoRab, she hasn't caught my eye either way yet. She seems similar to last game so far fwiw. A bit cantankerous and an unorthodox thinker.

Linki: Fair enough, I guess. I don't see bad MP doing that, though, for the sake of his team, and I believe that he has RL PH.D. stuff. Boomy, so I'm clear, do you not believe him or do you think that he is being truthful but still subconsciously inclined to confess to his evil ways? And why not vote for one of the top 2 vote-getters and thus have a chance to meaningfully impact the lynch?

Double Linki: Daisy, thoughts on MP's self-vote?

TRIPLE LINKI: STOP POSTING
Hopefully she posts something though.

Lacey, any thoughts so far? Do see anything suspicious in any players that might indicate they are mafia?

Linki: Oh hi Lacey, you are here. Is it alright if I keep calling you Lacey?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Scotty wrote:
Oh, I guess.

Well.

Hi.
Almost friend. Rip. Ice bear is not aware of the alignment of Jim, but believes all life has value, even scummy life.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 34

Post by boo »

@Simon/Epi: Does the Chef Pig role that lets the baddie team use the power of a lynched civvie do anything tonight, given Scotty's role?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Made wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Oh, I guess.

Well.

Hi.
Almost friend. Rip. Ice bear is not aware of the alignment of Jim, but believes all life has value, even scummy life.
Jim was a bluebird, and the finest little fellow to annihilate some pigs.

Linki: you mean get BTSC with one of the bluebirds? Golly, I hope not.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Elohcin »

RIP Scotty. I was surprised at all the votes that piled on you actually. Usually Day 1 is more spread out.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I forgot to answer the question about MP. Given the fact that I know he really is under the gun with e project that he thought he had a little more time for, it doesn't surprise me that he self voted.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Epignosis »

boo wrote:@Simon/Epi: Does the Chef Pig role that lets the baddie team use the power of a lynched civvie do anything tonight, given Scotty's role?
Yes.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Sock-account BTSC, normal BTSC, or baddie recruitment BTSC?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Epignosis wrote:
boo wrote:@Simon/Epi: Does the Chef Pig role that lets the baddie team use the power of a lynched civvie do anything tonight, given Scotty's role?
Yes.
Simon has great taste in game design.
lipsticklacey

Post by lipsticklacey »

Hopefully she posts something though.

Lacey, any thoughts so far? Do see anything suspicious in any players that might indicate they are mafia?

Linki: Oh hi Lacey, you are here. Is it alright if I keep calling you Lacey?[/quote]

Hi! Yes, please do call me Lacey.

No real thoughts so far; still just trying to find my footing. I've read through the posts twice now, trying to figure out who is who (as in, actually, the people posting, not their roles) just to make it easier to understand. Thank you all for being so welcoming, and I'll try to catch on quick!

I saw a post asking about the baddies being able to use the lynched bird (Jim's) power now that he's been lynched. Does that apply first day? Can they save and use that power later?

And I think I remember one of the birds having the power to save someone from being lynched... is that a before it happens thing, or do they intervene after the fact?

So much to learn! Are these questions okay, or should I simpawwly learn by observing? (Which I'm willing to do!)
lipsticklacey

Post by lipsticklacey »

lipsticklacey wrote:Hopefully she posts something though.

No real thoughts so far; still just trying to find my footing. I've read through the posts twice now, trying to figure out who is who (as in, actually, the people posting, not their roles) just to make it easier to understand. Thank you all for being so welcoming, and I'll try to catch on quick!

I saw a post asking about the baddies being able to use the lynched bird (Jim's) power now that he's been lynched. Does that apply first day? Can they save and use that power later?

And I think I remember one of the birds having the power to save someone from being lynched... is that a before it happens thing, or do they intervene after the fact?

So much to learn! Are these questions okay, or should I simpawwly learn by observing? (Which I'm willing to do!)[/quote]

Wow, that's a weird autocorrect. "Simply" is what I meant, there. Also, saw the post answering about the baddies using Jim's power, but still curious if they have a time limit.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

lipsticklacey wrote:Hopefully she posts something though.

So much to learn! Are these questions okay, or should I simpawwly learn by observing? (Which I'm willing to do!)[/quote]

In this game the power is just to remove someone from the poll, so it it's done at night. The baddies have the same power, so (assuming both get used and neither are roleblocked), we'll usually 2 people not on the lynch poll. In other games there are lynch pardons, those can be used during the lynch to stop anyone from being lynched. There are also switches, that lets the person with the power lynch someone in place of the person with the most votes. Typically, on this site, in the games I've played, it's become the norm to require the person having the lynch switched to them to have at least 1 public vote (meaning a vote in the poll).

It would apply, we're in night 1 now. It doesn't read like they can store it (it says that night), so I doubt (/really hope) they cannot.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

It's a bad day for quotes, apparently.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

boo wrote:It's a bad day for quotes, apparently.
And the lynches. RIP Scotty.

And Lacey, lynch switches or stops usually have to be used before the lynch happens. Which is really tough, because as a civ, the person using them usually doesn't know ahead of time whether they're saving a civ or baddie.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

boo wrote:Sock-account BTSC, normal BTSC, or baddie recruitment BTSC?
:ponder:
lipsticklacey

Post by lipsticklacey »

Russtifinko wrote:
boo wrote:It's a bad day for quotes, apparently.
And the lynches. RIP Scotty.

And Lacey, lynch switches or stops usually have to be used before the lynch happens. Which is really tough, because as a civ, the person using them usually doesn't know ahead of time whether they're saving a civ or baddie.
Okay, thank you Russtifinko and Boo!
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Epignosis wrote:
Are you actually pondering, or is there just not going to be a clear answer?

Anyways, for Mighty Eagle/general discussion:

If it's sock-account, it's not really an issue (just don't pull an Eloh and get tricked into telling the person who you are :P... although that was the other way around, so maybe do pull an Eloh?). If it's normal, that's a 1 for 1 trade, so that's worth it. If it's baddie recruitment, mass-block strikes me as the best way to go (it's around what, 17% chance they'd get a blue?).

If it's a non-answer, I still don't think it's worth the risk of letting them get a recruit, and mass-block would be the way to go.

Plus, you're alive now. You might not be if you hold it and there's another situation down the line where it could have as big an influence.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

boo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Are you actually pondering, or is there just not going to be a clear answer?

Anyways, for Mighty Eagle/general discussion:

If it's sock-account, it's not really an issue (just don't pull an Eloh and get tricked into telling the person who you are :P... although that was the other way around, so maybe do pull an Eloh?). If it's normal, that's a 1 for 1 trade, so that's worth it. If it's baddie recruitment, mass-block strikes me as the best way to go (it's around what, 17% chance they'd get a blue?).

If it's a non-answer, I still don't think it's worth the risk of letting them get a recruit, and mass-block would be the way to go.

Plus, you're alive now. You might not be if you hold it and there's another situation down the line where it could have as big an influence.
really, it all depends on if the pigs can find one of the other blue birds to begin with. If king pig gets Jim's power then he has a chance to look for the other two blue birds. That's how ice bear would expect that to work anyways.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Well yes, that was what I was talking about. Except it's not an 'if' since Epi already said king pig will be able to use Jim's power, so it becomes a question of what using that power entails if he does find one of the 2 blues (the 17% chance being a reference to the odds that they manage that, since there's 16 people alive, 4 of them are baddies with BTSC, so 12 people, 2 blues, so 1 in 6).

With those odds, I think if we don't know what happens if the king pig finds a blue, or if we do find out it's a recruitment, then those scenarios should be shut down by the Mighty Eagle. Especially since, if it is a recruitment, then that actually means if they manage to find a blue, they'll be able to from 4 members, to 5, but then also 6 if either blue then ever found the other after that (presumably, I'm not sure how else that would be made to work).

If we do get a more upfront answer, and it's just sock-BTSC or normal BTSC, then in either of those cases it should have a non-effect or positive effect for the civvies (if it's sock, I'd argue the blue just shouldn't use it all, since it would be easier for 4 people to figure out who 1 person is than 1 person to figure out who the other 1 person is). If it were normal, king pig would know who the blue is, and they'd NK them asap (or just try and spin it in thread as they're the blue and the other person is the baddie, so that they can burn a lynch), but we'd still end up with a confirmed baddie we'd be able to lynch (which would also deprive the baddies of using other civ abilities down the line when civs are lynched).
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Not following how we'd prevent them from using other civ powers later on.

And I'm not sure how it would become a recruitment? That seems like an entirely different power than getting BTSC. The real question, to me, is if it would be temporary BTSC with that bird or permanent, just for the day--or the rest of the game?

If just for the day, they basically get a role check of 1 role, if the person they pick is, in fact a blue bird--and it's a relatively vanilla civ role. I do think BTSC is underrated as a power, but the role is really potential BTSC, not definite BTSC. And since the piggies want to kill everyone else, it's not necessarily even a good kill choice for them.

Also, by picking that person, they already know their role (because they found a blue bird), so if it's only temporary BTSC, then the bird shouldn't use it regardless and it's moot if it's sock or not.

I guess it also matters how the wording happens when a bluebird is informed that they've been found. If I were a bluebird, I'd be wary of entering any BTSC that started after this night, at least initially.

If it's permanent, then that's a much scarier scenario.

Am I making any sense?
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Boomslang »

boo wrote:Well yes, that was what I was talking about. Except it's not an 'if' since Epi already said king pig will be able to use Jim's power, so it becomes a question of what using that power entails if he does find one of the 2 blues (the 17% chance being a reference to the odds that they manage that, since there's 16 people alive, 4 of them are baddies with BTSC, so 12 people, 2 blues, so 1 in 6).

With those odds, I think if we don't know what happens if the king pig finds a blue, or if we do find out it's a recruitment, then those scenarios should be shut down by the Mighty Eagle. Especially since, if it is a recruitment, then that actually means if they manage to find a blue, they'll be able to from 4 members, to 5, but then also 6 if either blue then ever found the other after that (presumably, I'm not sure how else that would be made to work).

If we do get a more upfront answer, and it's just sock-BTSC or normal BTSC, then in either of those cases it should have a non-effect or positive effect for the civvies (if it's sock, I'd argue the blue just shouldn't use it all, since it would be easier for 4 people to figure out who 1 person is than 1 person to figure out who the other 1 person is). If it were normal, king pig would know who the blue is, and they'd NK them asap (or just try and spin it in thread as they're the blue and the other person is the baddie, so that they can burn a lynch), but we'd still end up with a confirmed baddie we'd be able to lynch (which would also deprive the baddies of using other civ abilities down the line when civs are lynched).
Do you really want to blow the most powerful shutdown power we have on a power that has a 17% chance of success, especially this early in the game?
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

And also the only real chance to stop the kill. I'd use it.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Guaranteed chance that is.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

LoRab wrote:Not following how we'd prevent them from using other civ powers later on.

And I'm not sure how it would become a recruitment? That seems like an entirely different power than getting BTSC. The real question, to me, is if it would be temporary BTSC with that bird or permanent, just for the day--or the rest of the game?

If just for the day, they basically get a role check of 1 role, if the person they pick is, in fact a blue bird--and it's a relatively vanilla civ role. I do think BTSC is underrated as a power, but the role is really potential BTSC, not definite BTSC. And since the piggies want to kill everyone else, it's not necessarily even a good kill choice for them.

Also, by picking that person, they already know their role (because they found a blue bird), so if it's only temporary BTSC, then the bird shouldn't use it regardless and it's moot if it's sock or not.

I guess it also matters how the wording happens when a bluebird is informed that they've been found. If I were a bluebird, I'd be wary of entering any BTSC that started after this night, at least initially.

Am I making any sense?
And I didn't miss this post, I'm just not sure how I want to respond, because I'm not sure if I trust you or not. But yes, it makes sense.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Simon »

When they were off on their journey, the birds saw some pigs going after them. They tried to get to the pigs too. But then, what should they do to beat the pigs?
No one has been killed. It is now Day 2. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Yay no death!!
boo wrote:
LoRab wrote:Not following how we'd prevent them from using other civ powers later on.

Am I making any sense?
And I didn't miss this post, I'm just not sure how I want to respond, because I'm not sure if I trust you or not. But yes, it makes sense.
Glad it makes sense. I'm never sure. And I wouldn't expect you to trust me. I mean, it's early game--trusting anyone is a dangerous proposition.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Angry Birds [Day 2]

Post by Epignosis »

This wasn't specified, so no worries, but please send all PMs to Simon and Epignosis. I'm hoping to show him the ropes on handling Night actions, but I'm the one sending the PMs back to people, so having the PMs in both accounts would be quite helpful.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Alright cool.

To expand re:LR: I was getting the feeling Lacey was civ, based on her limited number of posts. I had thought (up until that post from LR), that since she's a first time player, and I am suspicious of almost all hosts (including Epi) that they tend to give new players BTSC (or at least the possibility for it), so I thought maybe, in addition to Scotty, LR (since she's a RL friend of Lacey and I also think that could be a factor, which is increased by what Eloh mentioned about Simon and Epi having let her pick her role) and Lacey were the other two bluebirds.

Then LR made that post, which reads to me like someone who has more insight into the topic, but is trying to mask it. Now, maybe as a bluebird she'd mask it, but I'm not sure more clarification would be given to a civ. That makes me think she might be bad (and by extension, raises concerns about Lacey, since maybe LR just did some of the often-talked-about-but-mostly-imo-made-up coaching of a new player, with two of them being baddies).

Since I was the only person doing much night-talking, I didn't want to post that, in case Mighty Eagle was not inclined to agree with me.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I have no knowledge of Lacey's role.

My post about her was because we were both mentioned. And I feel protective of her because she's an RL friend and I convinced her to play--and would feel bad if she had been lynched for being late to the game, so to speak.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Re: Angry Birds [Day 0]

Post by boo »

Boomslang wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Well, I think I will vote for Boomslang. This is his first game in a long time I believe. I was also thinking about giving it to a newbie to make their first experience more interesting, but then again, I want to make sure it goes to someone I am almost sure will be a participating player.

Linki: Hello llama. I'm surprised. I would think you would believe that it would be a better choice than anyone else, not only just as good.
Well, I am honored. I do plan to be pretty active in this game, although keeping up with Recruitment as well is going to be a bear... Lucky for me, I at least have today off.

Going to second Elo's vote for Boomslang. I hear he's a pretty stand-up guy :P
Self-assessment question for Boomslang: Do you think you've managed your plan to be pretty active in this game so far?

If you do, can you discuss your vote for MP a bit more? It seems like a rushed/ill-considered vote to me.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Boomslang wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Well, I think I will vote for Boomslang. This is his first game in a long time I believe. I was also thinking about giving it to a newbie to make their first experience more interesting, but then again, I want to make sure it goes to someone I am almost sure will be a participating player.

Linki: Hello llama. I'm surprised. I would think you would believe that it would be a better choice than anyone else, not only just as good.
Well, I am honored. I do plan to be pretty active in this game, although keeping up with Recruitment as well is going to be a bear... Lucky for me, I at least have today off.

Going to second Elo's vote for Boomslang. I hear he's a pretty stand-up guy :P
*note to self, Eloh votes for someone D0 after they've been away for a while, before they've posted at all, saying she wants to vote for someone she thinks will be active. In a game with friggin' llama and MM in it. Just saying.*

*2nd note to self. Both of them make D1 votes I distrusted*

*third note to self: look up self in a dictionary, because I haven't actually heard it both ways.*
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Yay game!

Voted for Daisy. :)
Awe, doin' the newlywed thing :)
She also made this post and then followed it up in her next post by asking for nothing vulgar in the thread. :suspish:
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

FZ. is a civ or the SK. Hrmm.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

@Simon and Epi, were there any night action PMs?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

*missing night action PMs.