Tree Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

What say you?

I enjoyed this game.
16%
I thought the tree I received in my role PM was beautiful.
14%
I didn't get a role PM, but the trees were still wonderful.
No votes
Why are you such a tree-hugging marmot?
16%
Thanks for hosting.
19%
I like beer and want to play Beer Mafia.
16%
I also like wine and think you should do Wine Mafia.
3%
This poll really needs an option with Ricochet's name in it.
16%

Total votes: 37
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 44

Re: Tree Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by FZ. »

Wilgy, can you please walk us through the logic behind risking yor survival by revealing your alledged role?
Or is it just a fake peek (which the mafia would know about, so I'm ruling it out while I write)?

If it was just a test, what have you learned?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 114

Post by DrWilgy »

FZ. wrote:Wilgy, can you please walk us through the logic behind risking yor survival by revealing your alledged role?
Or is it just a fake peek (which the mafia would know about, so I'm ruling it out while I write)?

Here are the possibilities that I considered when I decided to day 1 reveal:
1. Mafia would have to believe Im cop.
2. Doc may be in play, and the chance of there being a doctor means mafia may have to play around my possible protection.
3. A day 1 baddie lynch sets the LYLO counter back by at least 2 mislynches. We can't have what happened last game happen again, and this should put the odds in our favor.

All that considered though, I don't think that doc should protect me tonight.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epi, you seem to be coasting along. Whats up? Why no Diinis vote?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DrWilgy wrote:
FZ. wrote:Wilgy, can you please walk us through the logic behind risking yor survival by revealing your alledged role?

Here are the possibilities that I considered when I decided to day 1 reveal:
1. Mafia would have to believe Im cop.
2. Doc may be in play, and the chance of there being a doctor means mafia may have to play around my possible protection.
3. A day 1 baddie lynch sets the LYLO counter back by at least 2 mislynches. We can't have what happened last game happen again, and this should put the odds in our favor.

All that considered though, I don't think that doc should protect me tonight.
Thanks. Fair enough. If you are right, Doesn't Mac look very scummy to you for jumping on Diiny like knowing a fellow scum is going down?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I did say he is my night 2 check didn't I?
Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 187

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'm voting Floyd. He said he wouldn't be playing Mafia for a while- yet here he is. :suspish:
I haven't played in two weeks, that's still a good amount of time. Also, how does this interfere with whichever role I am?
You can say that again. :suspish:
Two (superb) pun posts and three posts concerning Floyd. Epi, what are your thoughts on the other shenanigans today?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 125

Post by Epignosis »

Haven't even read the thread.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DrWilgy wrote:I did say he is my night 2 check didn't I?
Sorry, I missed that. I'll be voting Diiny for now. It sucks to go out this way, so I feel for him if he's really mafia, but I think this is a chance we need to take.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

FZ. wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:I did say he is my night 2 check didn't I?
Sorry, I missed that. I'll be voting Diiny for now. It sucks to go out this way, so I feel for him if he's really mafia, but I think this is a chance we need to take.
You're bad.
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 232

Post by Diiny »

I'm not going to be able to post any more and I really shouldn't be posting this because I have a deadline in four and a half hours and I'm not done yet. But basically Wilgy's up to no good. He's left it too late for this to be some kind of ruse with the intention of seeing how fast people bandwagon onto me. That said, it's probably telling how quickly some people bandwagoned onto me. Bottom line: I'm town, and wilgy's trying to get me killed.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 232

Post by Diiny »

Now I don't know whether to vote on a wagon for self preservation or on Wilgy because he's scum.

I don't want to lynch jim or mac. Floyd's a better target, but wilgy is scum.

Wilgy it is, fuck it. My train will be informative
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

What do you think of FZ, Diiny?
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Enrique »

weird day / weird game
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Diiny before you go, do tell me what you think of MP's plan.

I agree with Zebra, FZ you are bad.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Then again... Zebra hasn't used caps lock yet... :suspish:
Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

i could give less of a fuck about caps lock
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Golden »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Diiny wrote:I'm not going to be able to post any more and I really shouldn't be posting this because I have a deadline in four and a half hours and I'm not done yet. But basically Wilgy's up to no good. He's left it too late for this to be some kind of ruse with the intention of seeing how fast people bandwagon onto me. That said, it's probably telling how quickly some people bandwagoned onto me. Bottom line: I'm town, and wilgy's trying to get me killed.
I agree that he's kept it for too long too, so what would he have to gain if he were bad? That's why I think he's telling the truth.

Zebra, last time ignored an obvious hint I almost saved a baddie. Trying to correct that and figure out what's going on. If Wilgy tells me he was faking it, I'll take my vote off, no matter how it makes people view me. As of now, my vote is staying put.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DrWilgy wrote:Diiny before you go, do tell me what you think of MP's plan.

Why? Are you saying you were lying?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

FZ. wrote:
Diiny wrote:I'm not going to be able to post any more and I really shouldn't be posting this because I have a deadline in four and a half hours and I'm not done yet. But basically Wilgy's up to no good. He's left it too late for this to be some kind of ruse with the intention of seeing how fast people bandwagon onto me. That said, it's probably telling how quickly some people bandwagoned onto me. Bottom line: I'm town, and wilgy's trying to get me killed.
I agree that he's kept it for too long too, so what would he have to gain if he were bad? That's why I think he's telling the truth.

Zebra, last time ignored an obvious hint I almost saved a baddie. Trying to correct that and figure out what's going on. If Wilgy tells me he was faking it, I'll take my vote off, no matter how it makes people view me. As of now, my vote is staying put.
What would he have to gain if he were good?
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

FZ. wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Diiny before you go, do tell me what you think of MP's plan.

Why? Are you saying you were lying?
Nah, just wanted to see how you would respond. Why did my suspicion on you make you think I was lying?
Image Image Image
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Enrique wrote:
FZ. wrote:

What would he have to gain if he were good?
What I suggested before, or what he said:
That getting one baddie on the first night will postpone LYLO
That if there's a doctor, he/she knows who to save and make the mafia hesitate before killing him, whereas when he only hints, the mafia might be on to him before the townies are, and we lose him early on without getting a mafia member dead.

linki: Because I don't see why you would think I was bad unless you were trying to see how people would react to a fake claim
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Diiny was going one way or another, as far as I can tell you're the only one voting for him because Wilgy said so.

He's hooking the doctor. That's true. You don't need to be good to do that. If the Doctor protects a scummie, that gives them free reign to kill whoever they want that night, plus the cred of a claimed role.

DrWilgy is definitely lying.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I think "postpone LYLO" is a weird way to put it, btw. We're lynching baddies because that's the goal of the game... not to postpone anything.
ImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Enrique wrote:Diiny was going one way or another, as far as I can tell you're the only one voting for him because Wilgy said so.

He's hooking the doctor. That's true. You don't need to be good to do that. If the Doctor protects a scummie, that gives them free reign to kill whoever they want that night, plus the cred of a claimed role.

DrWilgy is definitely lying.
Not sure I get what you're saying. If Diiny is not bad, the doctor, assuming there is one, does not protect Wilgy, and we all know Wilgy is bad. What the hell did he gain from that other than getting a civ lynched on the first day which is most likely to happen anyway with the odds. Don't see it.
Unless you're saying he's bad and Diiny is bad too, and they're trying to make Wilgy look better and gain credit. Again, why?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

And yes, I admit that other than Diiny's weird back and forth with zebra, which I just didn't get where he was coming from with it, but wasn't nearly enough for me to think he's bad, the only reason I'm voting him is Wilgy's word. What's wrong with that?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 125

Post by Epignosis »

Wilgy has a 3.85% chance of being a cop.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Because that draws out ALL the opposition. That civ cred will allow him to coast through the rest of the game unopposed, AND, he might just hook the real cop and get rid of him ASAP.

I think Diiny is bad so it's better we lynch him today anyway. The point is that, whatever Wilgy's trying to do, he's not being transparent.

linki- you're missing the point, FZ. Diiny was going one way or another. DrWilgy "outing" himself did nothing for that case, in fact, it's only looking to split the vote more.
ImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:Wilgy has a 3.85% chance of being a cop.
Yeah, but if you calculate into it, the risk he's taking when saying it, I think it's a lot higher. I think that a fake peek, as JJJ describes, will usually be more subtle, and probably include a civ read and not a mafia read, because the latter would be much easier for the baddies to figure out.

linki: I don't remember Diiny going down anyway, as you claim he was, but maybe I'm wrong. If the real cop is out there, it's going to be pretty easy for him to solve this question.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

FZ. wrote:And yes, I admit that other than Diiny's weird back and forth with zebra, which I just didn't get where he was coming from with it, but wasn't nearly enough for me to think he's bad, the only reason I'm voting him is Wilgy's word. What's wrong with that?
Everything.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

FZ. wrote:
Yeah, but if you calculate into it, the risk he's taking when saying it, I think it's a lot higher. I think that a fake peek, as JJJ describes, will usually be more subtle, and probably include a civ read and not a mafia read, because the latter would be much easier for the baddies to figure out.

linki: I don't remember Diiny going down anyway, as you claim he was, but maybe I'm wrong. If the real cop is out there, it's going to be pretty easy for him to solve this question.
You really want him out, don't you?
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

What makes you think Diiny is going out one way or another?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

FZ, who would you vote for if I hadn't role claimed?
Image Image Image
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

All in all, I think this was a stupid risk to take if you're the mafia. I think being blatant about being the cop might turn out to be a smart move because unlike regular classic games like this, the option of a doctor makes the mafia hesitate with targeting the obvious choice and risking not taking someone down.
I also imagine trying the plan Enrique suggested would be suicidal as well when you know there's a real cop out there who can then check Wilgy out (just to make sure it wasn't just a townie fluke and an amazing fake claim), and take another baddie out immediately after, leaving one baddie left.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I don't believe in red peeks. A cop coming out fully with a green peek on Day 1 would be straight up dumb. Wilgy is lie etc etc
ImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

a2thezebra wrote:
FZ. wrote:And yes, I admit that other than Diiny's weird back and forth with zebra, which I just didn't get where he was coming from with it, but wasn't nearly enough for me to think he's bad, the only reason I'm voting him is Wilgy's word. What's wrong with that?
Everything.
:rolleyes: If this is the kind of game where info dumping is allowed, then by all means, you bet I'm going to use that information.
Enrique wrote:
FZ. wrote:

You really want him out, don't you?
If he's bad, don't you?
DrWilgy wrote:What makes you think Diiny is going out one way or another?
According to Enrique, he was going out even before you came out with your claim.
And I don't know who I would have voted for. There's Mac of course. I didn't buy his gung ho attitude toward Diiny. And I'm worried about MP's and JJJ's quietness, but as Epi taught me last game we played together, quietness is not always a bad thing
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

You really want the Doctor* out. You know, to paint a completely unnecessary target on his back before he has any useful info.

Diiny had 3 votes on him before Wilgy conveniently "outed" him. There was never talk of anyone else. It was always Diiny.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Choose someone FZ.
Image Image Image
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Enrique wrote:You really want the Doctor* out. You know, to paint a completely unnecessary target on his back before he has any useful info.

Diiny had 3 votes on him before Wilgy conveniently "outed" him. There was never talk of anyone else. It was always Diiny.
How the hell will I out the doctor? Are the baddies psychic? The doctor doesn't have to do anything but save. No need to talk in the thread. I am seriously not getting you.

And for some reason, I'm confused by the resemblance between Sorsha's and your avi

linki: I guess Mac. I think MP would try harder as a baddie (but those are my expectations of him).
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

What makes you suspish of MP?
Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

FZ. wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Everything.
:rolleyes: If this is the kind of game where info dumping is allowed, then by all means, you bet I'm going to use that information.
FZ.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Enrique wrote:
It was very early in the day. I don't really think it was enough for a lynch.
Besides, I'm not reading Wilgy as bad at all at the moment.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

... cop, sorry, I'm bad with role names.

linki- zeeb are you sure you wanna split the vote like that? I also have Diiiny/Wilgy/FZ as my likely baddies but I think it's better we stick to one for now.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

FZ. wrote:
Enrique wrote:You really want the Doctor* out. You know, to paint a completely unnecessary target on his back before he has any useful info.

How the hell will I out the doctor? Are the baddies psychic? The doctor doesn't have to do anything but save. No need to talk in the thread. I am seriously not getting you.

And for some reason, I'm confused by the resemblance between Sorsha's and your avi

linki: I guess Mac. I think MP would try harder as a baddie (but those are my expectations of him).
Loooooooool
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Votes are changeable.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

And I need to make it clear and more vocal that there's a difference between being wrong for being wrong and being wrong for being bad.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DrWilgy wrote:What makes you suspish of MP?
What worries me a little about him is the way he was asking questions yesterday, but it didn't really feel like he was involved. That said, like I already said in my last post, I expect more from MP. I think it was Epi (or maybe I'm confusing him with someone else), who caught bad MP because he posted more than he did when good. He might have learned his lesson from that, but I don't feel uninvolved MP is a sign of anything. We just need more from him period.

linki Enrique: Oh, I get it. I kept thinking you were saying I was outing the doctor. If Wilgy is bad and throwing a bad Diiny under the bus, then if I were the cop and found out Wilgy is bad, I would risk letting everyone know somehow and bring the town very close to victory with only one more baddie standing.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

a2thezebra wrote:And I need to make it clear and more vocal that there's a difference between being wrong for being wrong and being wrong for being bad.
WTF does that supposed to mean?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

FZ. wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:What makes you suspish of MP?
What worries me a little about him is the way he was asking questions yesterday, but it didn't really feel like he was involved. That said, like I already said in my last post, I expect more from MP. I think it was Epi (or maybe I'm confusing him with someone else), who caught bad MP because he posted more than he did when good. He might have learned his lesson from that, but I don't feel uninvolved MP is a sign of anything. We just need more from him period.

linki Enrique: Oh, I get it. I kept thinking you were saying I was outing the doctor. If Wilgy is bad and throwing a bad Diiny under the bus, then if I were the cop and found out Wilgy is bad, I would risk letting everyone know somehow and bring the town very close to victory with only one more baddie standing.
Fair.
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

FZ. wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:And I need to make it clear and more vocal that there's a difference between being wrong for being wrong and being wrong for being bad.
WTF does that supposed to mean?
You're only trying to justify your Diiny vote as being based on Wilgy's claim because it's easier to pull off as genuine than faking a reason why you think he is actually bad or at least inconspicuously parroting everyone else that does.

Return to “Previous Heists”