[DAY 6] Turf Wars: Prison Edition

Moderator: Community Team

You must post at least once every 30 minutes! Good luck!

Poll ended at Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:56 pm

We can do this!
67%
OMG, this is going to be tough...
8%
I am not a prisoner.
25%

Total votes: 12
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 17

Re: [DAY 6] Turf Wars: Prison Edition

Post by Operator »

they lynched a cop.

They were worried about bringing any of us back because they knew they lynched a cop.

IDK if said cop is killing or not. But I know our our bro's on the outside were worried that one of us might be the guy that they sent upstate.

And the one two punch of a) we do have a bit of bacon among us and b) several inmates died that we can't account for the reason of their dying leads me to c) be paranoid as fuck.

Not again - at you 813 - you seemed to be here before we had fish - so you know - the fish.

linki - 208 no one has told us we failed yet.

Also - there is lots of buffy. :haha: :grin:
Management
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Paul Stevens »

What day did they lynch a cop? Anyone remember?

Are we sure lynched players come to this thread?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 172

Post by Gunther »

You know, as I look at my notes, I find that it's not such a bad thing that 379949, 513538, and 980854 are dead. None of them contributed at all to our Day 3 challenge. In fact, I have noted that neither 980854 nor 513538 even showed up on Day 3 here in the "slammer." There was only one other prisoner that day who did not contribute anything worthwhile to the decoding challenge. I won't name names because I do not have noted anything about prisoner participation on Day 4, as my time was limited. Besides, that prisoner was a part of Operation IVY, the spirit of which I think should live on. *puts pinkie to his mouth*
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Prisoner 650829 wrote:What day did they lynch a cop? Anyone remember?

Lynched players were listed as arrested in the game posts, so I assume they came here.

Both of the prisoners who joined us before the prison break are now dead, so you do the math.

We may not want to get too specific on who was who because we don't want to get shot down like a fool the way 888206 was.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Ok yes I caught up and we owe 606 like crazy. Buffy all night. 413 you hung in there pretty good as well.

I don't know what to make of the nonmodkilled prisoner deaths. How did more than one die if it was a night kill. I do have a copy of the roles by the way though it looks like people responded already with that. It looks like I'll be around for a couple of hours but i don't know anything about Buffy.

Oh and I agree with the person who said we ought to have a plan when we go back out there.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Prisoner 813142 wrote:
Prisoner 650829 wrote:What day did they lynch a cop? Anyone remember?

Lynched players were listed as arrested in the game posts, so I assume they came here.

Both of the prisoners who joined us before the prison break are now dead, so you do the math.

We may not want to get too specific on who was who because we don't want to get shot down like a fool the way 888206 was.
fo realzies.

*takes some toilet wine and pours it down the drain in respect for our dead.*

However fool he was...he was our fool.....
Management
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

888206 was not an original prisoner and therefore not part of Operation IVY. No tears will be shed there. He was instrumental in our third challenge but he was on our shank list in the end.

Having a plan is important but what is our end goal? Seeing all original prisoners released? It's not like we're privy to very much information on this side of the prison walls.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

606's efforts are certainly commendable in our current challenge. It's nice to see new arrivals applying themselves. So far only 2 of the non-original prisoners have contributed to our goal today. As you're all aware, I'm taking notes. Failing this challenge will make me angry, and you know what that leads to. *puts pinkie to his mouth *
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Prisoner 813142 wrote:888206 was not an original prisoner and therefore not part of Operation IVY. No tears will be shed there. He was instrumental in our third challenge but he was on our shank list in the end.

Having a plan is important but what is our end goal? Seeing all original prisoners released? It's not like we're privy to very much information on this side of the prison walls.
My personal plan - because I never - outside of some prison breaks when they happen, think I'll never be paroled. -

so my personal plan is to try to help parole the BEST peeps who will help our outside family bring down fire on those fucking pigs.

and if we could ass fuck the warden while we do it. Well then I win. :D
Management
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

413 that actually looks like a great plan. I would like to be paroled but missed whats happening in the game because I wasn't here. So making sure the best people get paroled sounds good to me.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Prisoner 413022 wrote:
Prisoner 813142 wrote:888206 was not an original prisoner and therefore not part of Operation IVY. No tears will be shed there. He was instrumental in our third challenge but he was on our shank list in the end.

My personal plan - because I never - outside of some prison breaks when they happen, think I'll never be paroled. -

so my personal plan is to try to help parole the BEST peeps who will help our outside family bring down fire on those fucking pigs.

and if we could ass fuck the warden while we do it. Well then I win. :D
Riiiiight. You go right on ahead and handle that last goal yourself you sick bastard.

The only problem with pardoning the best prisoners each time is that it might leave the prison too full of "slackers," thereby preventing future prison breaks. Given the length of a normal game, we probably only have a shot at two more breaks at the most. You would think that would be a motivating factor to our nonchalant newbies but that seems not to be the case.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Oh, thats a good point about the slackers. It would be impossible to do the challenges without people who want to play.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Prisoner 208986 wrote:Oh, thats a good point about the slackers. It would be impossible to do the challenges without people who want to play.
Sort a catch-22, isn't it? Rewarding those who work hard makes it harder to get out. Isn't it ironic? Don't you think? Like rain on a sunny day and all that.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Yes it is ironic and a catch 22. Wonder if MP and Daisy thought about that when putting the game together. They probably thought that most all players would want to do whatever they could to get out.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

They probably had that in mind. In fact I think we are probably overachieving thus far. I wonder how many challenges they thought we would fail before initiating a prison break. Never underestimate the power of criminal masterminds in large numbers.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

yeah I think we did overachieve last cycle. I feel sure we will do the same this cycle.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Prisoner 208986 wrote:yeah I think we did overachieve last cycle. I feel sure we will do the same this cycle.
I presume our challenges will only get harder the further along we go. They haven't exactly been easily-escapable death traps up to now, but we our first challenge was considerably the easiest despite the doubts of a few "dawgs."
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Saito »

How'd we do?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Prisoner 277058 wrote:How'd we do?
Just frickin' dandy despite 1/3 of all prisoners not carrying their own weight. Perhaps now would be a good time to try to schedule out the next 32 hours?
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

i think it would be a good idea to do a schedule but there are only three of us here at the moment. How would we fill in the others?
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

I can post for the next 12 hours minimum.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Prisoner 208986 wrote:i think it would be a good idea to do a schedule but there are only three of us here at the moment. How would we fill in the others?
This is why it's useful to have a reformed evil genius around. Rather than schedule the time right away, perhaps we should establish a standard time to coordinate around (gmt, est,...). Once we establish a "standard time" we can inform each other of the time slots where we know we are most and least available. Sound good?
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Just posting so we're almost at a half hour mark
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Ahh yes evil genius that sounds like a good idea.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Fine by me.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Wait, let me make sure I'm not confused. Didn't the time table start on :03? Meaning we have to post between :03 and :33 and then between :33 and :03? I held my post to get past :33.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Okay then, gentlemen, what time zone shall be the standard by which we coordinate? London, Eastern, Central, etc?
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Eastern! haha
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Prisoner 208986 wrote:Wait, let me make sure I'm not confused. Didn't the time table start on :03? Meaning we have to post between :03 and :33 and then between :33 and :03? I held my post to get past :33.
What timetable do you speak of?
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

The timetable for every 30 minutes. I looked back and the time actually started at 7:56. Not on the half hour.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

The :03 was a mistake on my part. Thats when we first posted.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Prisoner 208986 wrote:The timetable for every 30 minutes. I looked back and the time actually started at 7:56. Not on the half hour.
It is my understanding that the 30 minute window is "fluid," meaning that once anyone posts, the 30 minute timer starts anew. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personal.html

Add where you're from on that site and it should help.

I'm fine with any timezone we speak of because as I said I'm here for the next 12 hours anyway.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Prisoner 208986 wrote:Eastern! haha
Typical American, always wanting the everyone else to follow their lead. I have no serious objection to coordinating this way, however. Let us proceed then.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

oh wow I never thought about it being fluid. Maybe we should ask the hosts.

HOSTS: What are our time limits for posting? Do we go off when your first post was (7:56 last night) or is it fluid, based on the last time someone posted?
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Rachel Green »

Morning all! I had assumed it was fluid. 30 minutes from the previous post... confirmation would be good.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I looked back at the instructions and it seems like it is fluid but now we'll at least have confirmation.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Prisoner 920077 wrote:Morning all! I had assumed it was fluid. 30 minutes from the previous post... confirmation would be good.
Greetings 920. As you will see, you may not have reason to be miffed about not being among the five prisoners who are no longer in our midst. I would certainly not be envious of three of them, as they remainde outside the walls of this prison by being put inside a body bag. I hope your dedication continues, because you have been a valuable asset up to now.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

And as far as coordinaton of our posting is considered, my availability will be intermittent the rest of today until probaly 8:00 or 9:00 pm Eastern. Tomorrow is my day off, so I should be able to be present and vigilant from 6:00 am Eastern probably through the conclusion of this challenge.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Who needs a stinking pardon anyway. I say we get loose and just pile our votes on some schmuck
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I will be at the hospital from mid afternoon until probably late afternoon. I will be here tonight, hopefully starting at 6:00 until about 11:00. Tomorrow unfortunately I will be traveling again mid morning through the afternoon. If I find myself free during those times I think I will not be I will pop on and see if I can relive someone.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Prisoner 277058 wrote:Who needs a stinking pardon anyway. I say we get loose and just pile our votes on some schmuck
A few years ago your evil plan would have appealed to me. Now though I don't feel so inclined to "bust my balls" to earn a prison break only to engage in activities that would guarantee I never get parole/pardon.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

You ain't getting a pardon either way amigo. You think A lion can break out of the zoo and be welcomed back into the pride? Nah son, they don't respect us none.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Prisoner 208986 wrote:oh wow I never thought about it being fluid. Maybe we should ask the hosts.

HOSTS: What are our time limits for posting? Do we go off when your first post was (7:56 last night) or is it fluid, based on the last time someone posted?
30 minutes from each previous post. So as long as 31 minutes don't pass after the most recent time someone has posted, you all will win.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Nice try trying to post and trick us with the time of your post MP NOT GONNA HAPPEN SUCKER
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Prisoner 277058 wrote:Nice try trying to post and trick us with the time of your post MP NOT GONNA HAPPEN SUCKER
:feb:
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Thank you MP for clarifying the 30 minute thing.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

No problem! Good luck. :mafia:
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Thank you. I think we'll make it if we find people for overnight.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Perhaps 606 can come in "clutch" again tonight.

Return to “Turf Wars Prison Yard”