Jay the nunchuck king (host/nons)
75%

Total votes: 4
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 36

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Day 8

Post by Quin »

LoRab wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:45 am I love the aubergine. I even suggested that we make purple the voting color!!!

Been travelling all day. At a conference for the week, but should be able to check in semi-regularly. But, for now, I sleep.
Our day 1 was 95 percent aubergine themed haiku.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Neither egg nor plant?
Your ambivalence haunts me,
You fruity bastard.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 86

Post by S~V~S »

Which reminds me, have all Pikachu's checked in? Is anyone haikued?

If we did not take Refrigerator with us I will be pleased but I will also be disappoint since I will be wrong about yet another thing lol.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

But since the button was pushed before the end of the phase, we won't be really clear on that until another night has passed.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Day 1

Post by S~V~S »

As I am catching up here I am gonna make several posts rather than one big one just with impressions. If I have any questions that are not rhetorical, I will large bold it since I expect people to skim these. Also for those who may not recall, I tend to make lots of posts in a row. Sorry to those who find that annoying, I yam what I yam.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:39 pm

INH is the player who stands out to me as well, but I would be willing to consider voting for him (I mean, we have to pick someone and so far a handful of peopoe haven't even checked in). INH has made a few posts that have just consisted of easy observations about game mechanics. They do nothing to move the needle in his favor, but they give the impression of a player who wants to appear involved.
Good thing Sloonei wasn't over at our thread, there were YUGE mechanics discussions, just YUGE. A large chuck of Day 1 (2, maybe?) was taken up by Epi and someone else discussing mechanics. If that was all people talk about over days, yeah, suspish. If they make 3 posts about it before anyone else shows up in a game consisting completely of mystery mechanics, um what?

Quick question to Cerberus, have any of Slooneis reads lead anywhere concrete? Has he been one voice among many, or has he been, in effect, the leader? I have not gotten to the point where he watched us yet, and I presume he is considered a strong civ since you chose to send him over. I don't know if it's becasue I am reading him in isolation, but he seems overly aggressive. I recall him being an aggressive civ, but this feels over the top. SO reads from you guys on him (or whoever) would be helpful.

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:37 pm
Boomslang wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:55 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:59 pm
Boomslang wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:09 pm Checking in. Visiting with Blooper's parents, so will give this the attention it deserves tomorrow.
What sort of attention does a game of this magnitude with themes and roles and intricacies from the entire year leading up to this point deserve?
The sort of attention that begins with a read of the thread and a consideration of the mechanics. That leads me to like INH and dislike Sloonei right off the bat: INH is willing to entertain that we should reconsider Day 1 play because of the haiku, while Sloonei just wants to charge ahead with business as usual.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:49 am ]I don't care about who we may or may not be able to lynch. Today should be pursued just the same as any other Day 1. This is not something I will worry about today.
I also find Sloonei's attitude toward the button rather cavalier. If the button behaves the same way as in the original game and redistributes all roles, I would think the towniest approach would be to press it immediately, rather than at some random time later in the game. That way we remove the possibility of role shuffling early; if roles shuffle after we do a bunch of reading work, then all that progress gets cast aside.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:50 pm I was the original Button Pusher in CC-123. It redistributed all the roles in the game. Pushing the button is a good idea any time, anywhere. Push it real good.
Other than that, Scotty reads good to me based on general helpfulness and inquisitiveness. I gut like sig because his thoughts on the button and haiku posting agree with my own. Mildly concerned about G-man given his one post with no effort to either contribute or explain an absence.

I'm going to go ahead and say for the record — I sent in a haiku. Anyone else willing to make that claim?
I am bothered by to think we fac you put INH pushing discussion of the haiku submission as pro civ. I see it as something that would not be in INH's favor. It looks more like looking civ by generating discussion without actually helping the civs at all. No mafia member is going to say, yeah I didn't send one in! Because why would they do that? It just seems like it would only result in muddying the waters, give the baddies something to hide behind.

The fact your see it so differently gives never pause. And in fact you want others to claim too. I dunno Boom. I think I'm putting my vote on you today.

[VOTE: Boomslang] aubergine
We all pretty much claimed immediately, whether or not it was true was another thing.

While we talked more, you guys seemed to have a much more aggressive day one up to the point where I am, at least tone wise. Lots of names thrown around for some pretty weak reasons.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK, these posts from Sloonei and sig are amazeballs. Pikachu has a lynch, Cerberus doesn't, and they automatically jump to what appears to be the correct conclusion with zero knowledge of how the vote went down on the other side?

On Day one, Epi, Nutella, LC, & Chuck voted for Quin at Pikachu. nijuukyugou, insertnamehere, and Scotty. How did these two know how many people voted for Quin?
sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:52 pm Quin? Am I missing something here.

linki: Yeah I'd assume which ever group has the most votes for a player gets the lynch.
I find this intriguing in SO MANY WAYS!!

Literally 4 minutes after the lynch post sig made this post replying to Sloonei.

What information did you have, sig, to make this supposition so fast?
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:51 pm So we appear to be sharing a lynch with the other tribe and they wanted to lynch Quin. I declare this a bad decision on their part.
While I agree it was a ridiculous lynch to make on Day One, it looked like a last second save of someone else. How can you and Sloonei come to this simultaneous decision that it was a bad lynch having no clue as to why we lynched him? Becasue while the first part of your post, the "Quin?" part, that could be read as "I don't get why Quin, who is not here, is revealed as the lynched", but your second part, about WHY he was lynched, puts the lie to that, becasue you seem to understand WHY Quin is lynched, and not Jack, in agreement with Sloonei.

Has this been discussed here at all?

You are next on my read list, sig, and just shot to the top of my hit parade with this post. As did Sloonei, but he isn't here.
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:00 pm This is dumb. Stop suspecting me.
:huh:

OK, I am going to skip to the challenge and read his thoughts on us, then I am going to give up reading people who are not here and concentrate on those that are.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

EBWOP: "nijuukyugou, insertnamehere, and Scotty voted for Jack O'H here at Cerberus"
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:07 pm

@Sloonei, is there any player on their side that you wpould hope to see lynched? Can you call anyone over there a supatown?
I would prefer to keep those reads to myself for now.

:stare:

This is who you voted to spy for you, lol?

I just got to the end of the period he could watch Pikachu, and all he talked about was mechanics and our ideas like how the NKs were conducted, but zero about players and reads. Sloonei seemed to spend most of his time that day writing ISOs on Cerberus folk. I will skim ahead, but so far I am surprised you guys let him do this, keep his reads to himself.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:50 pm vote LoRab aubergine

The other tribe is making us look like chumps and there's a reason they keep beating us on the lynch game. If my latest theory about the lynch/nightkill alternating between tribes then I'd like to lynch one of our own so that our top town reads can stop losing their first lives. But if we're going to do that we need to actually reach a consensus. I think I'm developing some town reads, so the POE field is narrowing slowly but surely. So let's get bumpin', bring this place to life. I've hired a DJ to help get us moving. :DJ: Don't let this guy down.
Wasn't Sloonei the top town read; that's why you sent him to be the spy? Has he been NKed?

Scotty asked him to share some,
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:04 pm I only mentioned my nutella read because it's suddenly relevant to the discussion. I see no benefit to sharing any other reads I developed while I was over there.
Sloonei has many sterling qualities; spying isn't one of them.
Scotty wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:03 pm Whaaaaaaaa

I don’t see that as a mafia role, either. :(
This is in reference to INHs role reveal as Tina Wesson, a very bizarre thing to say for someone whose role is the baddiest sounding role #1 revealed at Cerberus. Having the role he had, if he were a civ, I would expect a thought process more like mine. I don't think how your first role sounds matters~ what matters is your second role. I don't think judging someone by how their role sounds is all that valid. I would expect another civvie with a similarly bad sounding role, like me, to have a similar line of thought. I *KNOW* how bad your role sounds doesn't mean anything; Scotty does not seem to know this inherently in the same way that I do. But again, he isn't here ha ha.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

At this time I am going to drop an aubergine on sig. My main suspect from Pikachu has had a post in Pikachu clearly saying he is a civ, so I don't expect to get anywhere with that, so meh.

This vote is based on the amazing conclusion jumping by sig and Sloonei re the Day One Lynch post. Like literally less than 5 minutes after the post, they BOTH had it all figured out with no access to Pikachu?

I will be in and out of here, but I am beginning to feel like some kind of loser writing all of this stuff on a sunny day, and no one else is here, lol, so I will pop back in later on.

*Vote Sig*
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sig »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:21 am At this time I am going to drop an aubergine on sig. My main suspect from Pikachu has had a post in Pikachu clearly saying he is a civ, so I don't expect to get anywhere with that, so meh.

This vote is based on the amazing conclusion jumping by sig and Sloonei re the Day One Lynch post. Like literally less than 5 minutes after the post, they BOTH had it all figured out with no access to Pikachu?

I will be in and out of here, but I am beginning to feel like some kind of loser writing all of this stuff on a sunny day, and no one else is here, lol, so I will pop back in later on.

*Vote Sig*
I guess I'm just amazing like that? :keys:

I've flipflopped on Sloonie more than a whales that's been beached. :shrug:

I'd still have him as a slight civ, but I'm not convinced.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Day 5

Who shouldn't survive the cold snap?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:05:04 pm
Please note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

Boomslang
7%
Voters: DrWilgy

DrWilgy
No votes
Voters: None

insertnamehere
7%
Voters: Marmot

JackofHearts2005
No votes

Kylemii
No votes

LoRab
No votes

Marmot
7%
Voters: Spacedaisy

Nijuukyugou
No votes

Scotty
No votes

sig
50%
Voters: nijuukyugou, LoRab, Scotty, Sloonei, Boomslang, Jackofhearts2005, insertnamehere

Sloonei
No votes

Spacedaisy
No votes

Frosty (host/nons)
29%
Voters: juliets, JaggedJimmyJay, MacDougall, Golden
Total votes: 14

If we assume I'm a civ and that the mafia team has some form of communication than we need to look at the people who voted for me day 5. These votes would've been an attempt to get me lynched over baddie LC.

Boomslang wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:04 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:31 pm Weeeeee

unvote. Vote sig

If sig is silenced, he would have voted like Wilgy did to let us know.
This is the most effective case to aubergine I've read all game, and it's one line. Vote sig.
Day 5 reason for voting me

INH has been after me for awhile, so his day 5 vote reads more genuine to me.
LoRab wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:06 pm I'm also still utzy about Blooper. I don't understand why you wouldn't say who you were as the first thing? And if it was civ/civ, why would you hesitate to share identities. It's just not adding up in my mind.

I also actually think there is value in the sig case. That said, he hasn't posted since Day 4--which makes me wonder if he's possibly silenced (doesn't account for the not posting night 4, so I'm questioning that). I am hesitant to vote that way because of that possibility, though. Has anyone else not posted this day cycle?

The other suspects being mentioned (other than me, I know I'm good :lorab: ) I'm really not sure about. They are all people I don't read well. I do still think Boomslang is likely civ, but that's it.

I also want to vote, so I don't miss another vote, and I'll be in the middle of a dinner when the poll ends. So, I'm going to put a vote on blooper for now. I will change it if anything comes up that makes me want to change it. But right now, she's the one I feel the most suspicious of--and I don't want to vote for someone who may be silenced.

aubergine is a pretty color. Vote: Nijuukyugou
Voted bloober next post is a vote for me.

LoRab wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:04 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:31 pm Weeeeee

unvote. Vote sig

If sig is silenced, he would have voted like Wilgy did to let us know.
That's a really good point. He's posted elsewhere, but that was starting before day started (and, actually, mostly during the night phase), so thinking that isn't his way of saying he isn't silenced.

Unvote and Vote: Sig
I wasn't the most active in this game at that point, but still voting based off of me not posting/maybe being silenced isn't very good civ reasoning. Especially when she just seemed to have put a fair amount of thought into her previous vote.

nijuukyugou wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:15 pm
LoRab wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:06 pm I'm also still utzy about Blooper. I don't understand why you wouldn't say who you were as the first thing? And if it was civ/civ, why would you hesitate to share identities. It's just not adding up in my mind.

I also actually think there is value in the sig case. That said, he hasn't posted since Day 4--which makes me wonder if he's possibly silenced (doesn't account for the not posting night 4, so I'm questioning that). I am hesitant to vote that way because of that possibility, though. Has anyone else not posted this day cycle?

The other suspects being mentioned (other than me, I know I'm good :lorab: ) I'm really not sure about. They are all people I don't read well. I do still think Boomslang is likely civ, but that's it.

I also want to vote, so I don't miss another vote, and I'll be in the middle of a dinner when the poll ends. So, I'm going to put a vote on blooper for now. I will change it if anything comes up that makes me want to change it. But right now, she's the one I feel the most suspicious of--and I don't want to vote for someone who may be silenced.

aubergine is a pretty color. Vote: Nijuukyugou
Spacedaisy wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:30 pm @nijuukyugou I am not sure. I feel like it could go either way. It wasn't what I was hoping your reply would be, but I won't go into that. I just can't understand why the first thing nutella wouldn't have done is say, "Hey it's me, Nutella! I'm your civ BTSC partner!" Or ask who you were or I don't know. I still feel like it's questionable, but maybe not quite as questionable as I did at first. :sigh: I wish I felt clearly one way or another about your answer, but I don't.
Revealing identities, unless I'm gravely mistaken, was not allowed. If you read the roles we had, we signed in as socks (Electron and Proton), so it worked like any sock game where you BTSC without saying who you are. I think you're misunderstanding what I was and was not able to do, role-wise.

I'm not liking how keen you are to jump on this "case," Lorab. I know you're busy, but it feels weak to me. But it also feels very outlier-y. Whether or not that is alignment indicative is something I need to study (from my experience, you're more calculated than that, so I'm more annoyed at having to re-explain this than suspicious, methinks, at this point.

Okay, so backlash blah blah blah regarding my and others' comments regarding not wanting to vote for the sake of voting, but hell, that's what these "strawman" (LOL almost typed "strawberry") arguments look like. However, I see votes on sig. And while I'm not cool with voting simply for information (yes, I know there's more to it than that, JoH, but that's still what a lot of it boils down to at this point, and you're still trying to vote the most scummy person), I am okay with this particular vote. That was a lot of words to say "I'm okay with voting sig because I think he's bad and now more people think so too and are on board, yay!" So let's purple this aubergine and vote sig.

This actually looks kind off bad, she's not okay with voting for info, but that's basically what ended up happening anyway. It seems like she's trying to conceal her vote to look better than it really is. Something I'm not quite a fan of.

All of this I did just to say basically these are the players still left in this tribe who voted for me the same day LC flipped mafia, I think at least one is also on the same team out of these three. It just comes down to who. I doubt its INH which leaves either Lorab or Bloober. Now I must be off, but will be back later to talk about this.
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thank you for this sig; I had not even thought to compare those lynches. This would also look bad for DDL who chose to vote for a third party on our side on the day of the LC second lynch.

This was our voting for day 5

Dharmahelper
1 vote: Dragon D. Luffy

dom
2 votes: Long Con, speedchuck

Long Con
7 votes: nutella, S~V~S, sprityo, Dom, Epignosis, Quin, DharmaHelper

You had 7 votes, so did LC.

This would almost confirm cross tribe BTSC to me. I don't think this necessarily means you are civ; I think there are either two bad teams, or a bad team and an SK, but it does alot towards making me feel better about you.

Although that reaction to the day one non lynch here was rather uncanny.

I will move my aubergine off of you to DDL at this time. Looking at this makes him look absolutely awful.

unvote sig, *VOTE DDL*

I am going to read this thread for day 5.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also I just realized C Bob did not vote that day at all.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

nutella has died. She was:

You are 16: Fox news (BLUE vs RED). Once, at any time, you may choose a player whose role and affiliation will be announced in the thread. If that player is mafia, they will be announced to be a civilian. If that player is civilian, they will be announced to be mafia. If that player is independent, your shot will fail. The player may not be from your team. You are MAFIA and a member of the EVIL EVENS.

Day 8 continues.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 73

Post by insertnamehere »

o shit son
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

This makes me feel somewhat better about Chuck, as it says the target cannot be on the Nutella team, and if bad, Chuck would most def be on the Evens. When I first saw it my immediate reaction was, well, there you go. But I seriously doubt there is more than one false flip role. Unless LCs power extended beyond death.

I do remember LC and Nutella speculating about whether the Nutella/Nijuu pairing was bad/civ, and about how that might work.

Pikachus, what is your recollection of the DDL/Nutella lynch? This was the final vote:

Dragon D Luffy
Voters: Epignosis, colonialbob, speedchuck, nutella, DharmaHelper, Long Con

nutella
Voters: Dom, Dragon D. Luffy, S~V~S

Quin and sprit didn't vote.

DDL's oroginal role started him with a -2 vote, and every night he picked a player that also started the next day with -2. LC also had a vote manip role.

At first DDL was lynched, but the next day they announced Nutella had been lynched. We now know Nutella and LC were teammates.

This is mega confusing, hopefully someone else shows up to help figure it out.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:57 pm This makes me feel somewhat better about Chuck, as it says the target cannot be on the Nutella team, and if bad, Chuck would most def be on the Evens. When I first saw it my immediate reaction was, well, there you go. But I seriously doubt there is more than one false flip role. Unless LCs power extended beyond death.

I do remember LC and Nutella speculating about whether the Nutella/Nijuu pairing was bad/civ, and about how that might work.

Pikachus, what is your recollection of the DDL/Nutella lynch? This was the final vote:

Dragon D Luffy

nutella

DDL's oroginal role started him with a -2 vote, and every night he picked a player that also started the next day with -2. LC also had a vote manip role.

At first DDL was lynched, but the next day they announced Nutella had been lynched. We now know Nutella and LC were teammates.

But speedchuck's role was exposed as town. If nutella did that, doesn't that make him mafia? :ponder:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

[VOTE: speeedchuck] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:18 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:57 pm This makes me feel somewhat better about Chuck, as it says the target cannot be on the Nutella team, and if bad, Chuck would most def be on the Evens. When I first saw it my immediate reaction was, well, there you go. But I seriously doubt there is more than one false flip role. Unless LCs power extended beyond death.

Dragon D Luffy

nutella

But speedchuck's role was exposed as town. If nutella did that, doesn't that make him mafia? :ponder:
But wouldn't he be on LC's team? Nutella was also on LC's team.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

It's not that unlikely that there's a regular flipping role too. My vote is probably misplaced, but we can't townfirm him knowing this role was out there.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:27 pm

Dragon D Luffy

nutella

It's probably the first piece of evidence that supports there being two scum teams. Why does he have to be on the same one as LC and nutella?
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

The wording of her flip poinys to two teams I'd be dow for a speed lynch given this.
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:29 pm

Dragon D Luffy

nutella

It's probably the first piece of evidence that supports there being two scum teams. Why does he have to be on the same one as LC and nutella?
Becasue of the "Saving LC :noble: " drama. That is the whole reason I personally suspected him in the first place. Why would he go to such efforts to save LC if he was on an opposing team?

I also just realized that the day killer, assuming the same person made the day kill here and also killed Nutella is the same person, is someone who went from here to there.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Here's the case against Sig, for those interested. Not sure I'm a fan of him going after his voters, even for ostensibly gameplay-related reasons.
insertnamehere wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:59 pm THE CASE AGAINST SIG

this is gonna have to be multiple posts because ISO’ing someone is fucking impossible on phones
insertnamehere wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:51 pm Quick non-insanified explanation of my Sig vote yesterday.

I didn't like his statements on the haiku situation, it kinda felt like covering for possible liars.

I sided with Boomslang on the whole 70% comment. Thought it was weird, and didn't like how people jumped to sig's defense and attacked Boomslang simply for pointing it out.

Then there's his flippity floppity treatment of Sloonei which just felt disingenuous. TBH, I might end up voting for him again today.
To elaborate, he went from town reading Sloonei to voting for him to once again to town reading him to calling his posts scummy a couple hours later. All the while, he was accusing Sloonei of “flip-flipping.” He later provided some explanations that were more than a little half-assed, IMO.

Early in the game, he called Sloonei’s case against me weak and thought it reflected poorly on Sloonei.

By Day 4, he’s completely reversed that opinion, and considers me one of his top suspects because he now believes Sloonei’s early case against me was “good.”

He just hasn’t really shown any consistency in his reads and views, seemingly changing them depending on which way the wind blows. He hasn’t contributed much if any substantial content to the thread, and is by far the strongest candidate for today’s lynch, in my opinion.
He's still probably the closest thing to a scumread I have right now, although I'm not opposed to going with the newbies if they feel they have a stronger case.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

insertnamehere wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:38 pm Here's the case against Sig, for those interested. Not sure I'm a fan of him going after his voters, even for ostensibly gameplay-related reasons.

this is gonna have to be multiple posts because ISO’ing someone is fucking impossible on phones
insertnamehere wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:51 pm Quick non-insanified explanation of my Sig vote yesterday.

I didn't like his statements on the haiku situation, it kinda felt like covering for possible liars.

I sided with Boomslang on the whole 70% comment. Thought it was weird, and didn't like how people jumped to sig's defense and attacked Boomslang simply for pointing it out.

Then there's his flippity floppity treatment of Sloonei which just felt disingenuous. TBH, I might end up voting for him again today.
To elaborate, he went from town reading Sloonei to voting for him to once again to town reading him to calling his posts scummy a couple hours later. All the while, he was accusing Sloonei of “flip-flipping.” He later provided some explanations that were more than a little half-assed, IMO.

Early in the game, he called Sloonei’s case against me weak and thought it reflected poorly on Sloonei.

By Day 4, he’s completely reversed that opinion, and considers me one of his top suspects because he now believes Sloonei’s early case against me was “good.”

He just hasn’t really shown any consistency in his reads and views, seemingly changing them depending on which way the wind blows. He hasn’t contributed much if any substantial content to the thread, and is by far the strongest candidate for today’s lynch, in my opinion.
He's still probably the closest thing to a scumread I have right now, although I'm not opposed to going with the newbies if they feel they have a stronger case.
You seem to be thinking sig not tunnelling is baddie behavior? That is fairly SOP sig iirc.

My baddie read on him was based on one post, but that was a hell of a post, lol. I actually suspect Sloonei for it as well. But given the LC lynch, and the likelihood that sig was likely a wagon to oppose the LC wagon on the Pikachu side (assuming the baddies have cross thread BTSC, which I can't see why they wouldn't), does that come into your thinking at all?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:38 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:29 pm

Dragon D Luffy

nutella

Becasue of the "Saving LC :noble: " drama. That is the whole reason I personally suspected him in the first place. Why would he go to such efforts to save LC if he was on an opposing team?

I also just realized that the day killer, assuming the same person made the day kill here and also killed Nutella is the same person, is someone who went from here to there.
I don't remember his argument for saving LC, but if he is bad he can't be on the same team as him.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:41 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:38 pm Here's the case against Sig, for those interested. Not sure I'm a fan of him going after his voters, even for ostensibly gameplay-related reasons.

You seem to be thinking sig not tunnelling is baddie behavior? That is fairly SOP sig iirc.

My baddie read on him was based on one post, but that was a hell of a post, lol. I actually suspect Sloonei for it as well. But given the LC lynch, and the likelihood that sig was likely a wagon to oppose the LC wagon on the Pikachu side (assuming the baddies have cross thread BTSC, which I can't see why they wouldn't), does that come into your thinking at all?
Yeah, I think this is a good point.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Do we think nutellas flip could be a forge by LC? We never found out if his role worked past death.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

In light of the opposing LC/sig wagons on LCs 2nd lynch, I am going to leave my vote on DDL at this point.

I would rather lynch on thread based behavior than an info dump that is somewhat ambiguous, but that lynch makes DDL look bad as hell, IMO. Very seriously bad.

Linki [mention]Quin[/mention] you don't remember that? He defended him so aggressively and pushed hard for the Dom lynch instead. It's the whole reason I suspected him. Nutella flip actually made me feel better about Chuck.

You came in here suspecting DDL, do you still feel that way? Look at my post and sigs up above, that vote of DDls was shady as all hell.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also how many seemer manipulations could they have? Something is rotten in Badmark imo.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:41 pm

There's a difference between not tunnelling and being utterly inconsistent.

Like Quin said, there's a pretty decent chance that in a game this size that's this convoluted, (I know, I'm one to talk) there are multiple baddie teams. Even if sig's "wagon" was bolstered by an attempt to save LC's bacon, that doesn't discount any of my suspicions of him. Plus, sig had an extra life at that time, and I could see a baddie team not really minding bussing a member with two lives to try and save someone else. :shrug:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Have you played with sig alot? He is generally always inconsistent iirc, but it has been a while. I am not completely disagreeing, I am eyeing him a bit, too, but for totally different reasons.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

In any case, if we wish to avoid an NK we need to lynch.

To me, looking at those two polls, the biggest baddest person during the day of the LC/sig trains was DDL.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

[mention]Golden[/mention] , [mention]Juliets[/mention] will we be told if a team is eliminated? I don't actually expect an answer (it's Golden!) but worth an ask.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:58 pm @Golden , @Juliets will we be told if a team is eliminated? I don't actually expect an answer (it's Golden!) but worth an ask.
No, but you’ll be told when someone wins :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:48 pm In light of the opposing LC/sig wagons on LCs 2nd lynch, I am going to leave my vote on DDL at this point.

I would rather lynch on thread based behavior than an info dump that is somewhat ambiguous, but that lynch makes DDL look bad as hell, IMO. Very seriously bad.

Linki @Quin you don't remember that? He defended him so aggressively and pushed hard for the Dom lynch instead. It's the whole reason I suspected him. Nutella flip actually made me feel better about Chuck.

You came in here suspecting DDL, do you still feel that way? Look at my post and sigs up above, that vote of DDls was shady as all hell.
I do still suspect him. I'll go there if that's what we're doing.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:56 pm In any case, if we wish to avoid an NK we need to lynch.
I don't think this is how it works. You were NKed the night after we lynched LC #2.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:16 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:56 pm In any case, if we wish to avoid an NK we need to lynch.
I don't think this is how it works. You were NKed the night after we lynched LC #2.
Good point, I was so immersed in this thread, someone had suggested that, prolly Sloonei, that I forgot the timeline.

I wish more people has talked today. Less than 3 hours to lynch.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I think we can afford to leave speedchuck alone for a while. If we don't get a normal forger role flip in the next few lynches we can come back to him.

[VOTE: DDL] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

I’m so confused right now. Also, what does LA’s flip say about Niju. And why did we learn LA’s team? I thought we only got alliance from lynxches. Or is it all day kills?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

LoRab wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:55 pm I’m so confused right now. Also, what does LA’s flip say about Niju. And why did we learn LA’s team? I thought we only got alliance from lynxches. Or is it all day kills?
Since they had blind BTS, it doesn't say much. They did not know who each other were, the way the roles are written. I think they randomized affiliation and then roles (or vice versa). First roles don't seem to mean much.

I would judge Niju on her own merits. What is your opinion on her?

And you taught me how to mafia-think. I would like your opinion on DDL's vote on the day we lynched LC, and Cerberus tried to lynch sig. I posted it earlier. What do you think of it?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Golden »

LoRab wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:55 pm I’m so confused right now. Also, what does LA’s flip say about Niju. And why did we learn LA’s team? I thought we only got alliance from lynxches. Or is it all day kills?
Only traditional nightkills (be they from a mafia team or otherwise) will have no alignment reveal. Any unorthodox kills, along with lynches, will show affiliation.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 48

Post by speedchuck »

I've been gone all weekend. Sorry about that. What are we doing?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:18 pm I've been gone all weekend. Sorry about that. What are we doing?
:haha: So have we. Well, rather, we've had a Syndicate guest all weekend and are now just enjoying the beautiful weather while it lasts before it gets shitty again this week with rain and possible snow (yay, NC!). Anyway, I'm here - I'm going to read a bit (hello, Pikachu Tribe people!), say stuff, and make a vote at some point. I'll likely be a little more apathetic, as I want to sit on the porch and drink beer and relax more than stare at a screen. Join us. Also, dinner. That would be smart.

Anyway, that.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:18 pm I've been gone all weekend. Sorry about that. What are we doing?
Quin and I want to lynch DDL. If you look at the lynch here in Cerberus, his vote for a tangent looks even baddier. You have been suspecting him on and off, right?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also Nutella was day killed and is LC's teammate.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Boomslang »

nijuukyugou wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:24 pm
:haha: So have we. Well, rather, we've had a Syndicate guest all weekend and are now just enjoying the beautiful weather while it lasts before it gets shitty again this week with rain and possible snow (yay, NC!). Anyway, I'm here - I'm going to read a bit (hello, Pikachu Tribe people!), say stuff, and make a vote at some point. I'll likely be a little more apathetic, as I want to sit on the porch and drink beer and relax more than stare at a screen. Join us. Also, dinner. That would be smart.

Anyway, that.
Basically this. Checking in, but I'm also very behind due to these events. Bad timing for all the merge/day kill excitement to happen for me, alas. Will at least skim and make a vote by EOD.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:27 pm
What really? Wow.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:36 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:27 pm
What really? Wow.
Look at her role; it's a pip.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

So let me get this straight really quickly:

Nutella and LC were both scum. You think DDL is scum with LC.

Problems: Pikachu tribe would have had so much frikin scum in it, and also so much vote manip.
Solution to said problem: RNG, powerful town roles.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”