Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 62

Re: [Day Five] The Office Mafia

Post by Enrique »

insertnamehere wrote:
Enrique wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:I can see an INH vote, but I haven't had time to seriously look into it. I don't have time for a full ISO but I'll take a gander at the history. Of the three wagons, I think Sorsha is the best, and Serge's is decent as well. I'm not really feeling the timmer wagon right now, but I would also be comfortable switching my vote to LoRab, if we could get enough.
The case on me is just all the old Wilgy stuff + Timmer and Sorsha not liking me talking about them, and viewing any suspicion I have of them as inherently disingenuine and suspicious because they said earlier that they find me inherently disingenuine and suspicious.

If anyone wishes to engage me on either of those things, feel free to do so, and I will respond.
Will you vote for one of timmer and Sorsha?
Timmer and Sorsha have set up a kind of Catch-22 here. If I vote for either one, it clearly means that I'm bad and the only thing behind my cases against them is my apparent seething rage at having them throw my name around.

People have so little faith in the concept of objectivity, especially when it comes to other people.

I'm not seeing the case on Serge, mainly because I led a lynch against him in my last game due to his acting more or less the same way as he's doing here. He was a civ, I was embarrassed, and everybody went home depressed. I haven't seen anything that makes me feel he isn't playing the same exact game as he did there, and I don't want to him to get lynched over it.

Yes, I do find T+S suspicious, but I've also somehow become the dark horse for this lynch out of absolutely nowhere, and if I act genuinely, and vote for the people I find suspicious, those same people will use that to suspect and likely try to lynch me.

So I'm kind of stuck.
You don't seem to be considering the possibility that they are bad at all. Just that they're "suspicious".
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 315

Post by DrumBeats »

Scotty wrote:So Serge never came back to thread after getting huffy. Did he quit? I'm not so sure I believe the dramatics. I want to hear MEAT from him before placing my vote there.

I haven't even really looked at Sorsha, and don't feel comfortable putting my vote on her.

I am keeping my vote on timmer. There's just not enough time for me to place another educated vote for the current leaders, plus timmer is bad, guys.

Timmer did you not try and save himself? A vote for INH at that point was pointless. Though I now see he has votes. Mmk.

Linki: lol why are we doing a CFD?
I think LoRab is bad. If it doesn't get support I switch my vote back. I'm not a fan of the timmer wagon. Timmer's vote on INH is relatively consistent with his whole game thoughts imo.

How do you feel about LoRab?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 186

Post by Epignosis »

I'm not budging from my spot.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

insertnamehere wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Chinese Fire Drill ---> LoRab anybody?
Yes I am down. Switching vote there now, will move off and onto another sus if we don't have enough.
you're deciding who you want to lynch like a family decides where they want to go to eat on a late Sunday night when there's no food in the house
Wut.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Enrique wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Enrique wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:I can see an INH vote, but I haven't had time to seriously look into it. I don't have time for a full ISO but I'll take a gander at the history. Of the three wagons, I think Sorsha is the best, and Serge's is decent as well. I'm not really feeling the timmer wagon right now, but I would also be comfortable switching my vote to LoRab, if we could get enough.
The case on me is just all the old Wilgy stuff + Timmer and Sorsha not liking me talking about them, and viewing any suspicion I have of them as inherently disingenuine and suspicious because they said earlier that they find me inherently disingenuine and suspicious.

If anyone wishes to engage me on either of those things, feel free to do so, and I will respond.
Timmer and Sorsha have set up a kind of Catch-22 here. If I vote for either one, it clearly means that I'm bad and the only thing behind my cases against them is my apparent seething rage at having them throw my name around.

People have so little faith in the concept of objectivity, especially when it comes to other people.

I'm not seeing the case on Serge, mainly because I led a lynch against him in my last game due to his acting more or less the same way as he's doing here. He was a civ, I was embarrassed, and everybody went home depressed. I haven't seen anything that makes me feel he isn't playing the same exact game as he did there, and I don't want to him to get lynched over it.

Yes, I do find T+S suspicious, but I've also somehow become the dark horse for this lynch out of absolutely nowhere, and if I act genuinely, and vote for the people I find suspicious, those same people will use that to suspect and likely try to lynch me.

So I'm kind of stuck.
You don't seem to be considering the possibility that they are bad at all. Just that they're "suspicious".
1) How do you feel about LoRab?

2) Can you place your vote soon so I can make a more informed decision here?
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 174

Post by insertnamehere »

DrumBeats wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:INH, if I don't get a response, I am voting you.
oh gee wilikers the ol' "If you don't answer my question in the next 20 minutes, that gives me probable cause to vote for you, because of reasons"
Its EoD, and I need to decide, and you were around. No apologies there, you said to ask questions and I did. Don't like the defensive attitude.
i just think that answering questions is completely and utterly irrelevant to whether or not someone is scum. plus i think its easy for scum to try and trap people into these types of things that they can point back to and say that they had justification.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

LoRab-rabby-do, where are you...
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 213
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Why don't these discussions happen earlier? I'm not voting for someone because a man emails me promising me 40,000 dollars if I give him a down payment now. :scared:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

insertnamehere wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
oh gee wilikers the ol' "If you don't answer my question in the next 20 minutes, that gives me probable cause to vote for you, because of reasons"
Its EoD, and I need to decide, and you were around. No apologies there, you said to ask questions and I did. Don't like the defensive attitude.
i just think that answering questions is completely and utterly irrelevant to whether or not someone is scum. plus i think its easy for scum to try and trap people into these types of things that they can point back to and say that they had justification.
So you don't like reaction baiting or asking questions. What do you like?
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Scotty wrote:Why don't these discussions happen earlier? I'm not voting for someone because a man emails me promising me 40,000 dollars if I give him a down payment now. :scared:
I tried to bring up LoRab earlier, nobody jumped.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Enrique wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Enrique wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

So I'm kind of stuck.
Because I don't have enough info on ANYONE to call them bad. They're just the people I find most suspicious at this time.

call me evasive or wishy-washy or whatever, but I just don't like to categorically claim someone's alignment.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Turnip Head are you... okay? This has been a really weird day for you.

This LoRab thing stinks.

linki- no read on LoRab, I have no idea what's up with this. I'm voting inh.
ImageImageImageImage
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Did you read my LoRab ISO?
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Don't like sorsha's ghost vote at the end
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

this eod is like a donkey marrying a woman because she just got cataract surgery and can't see the groom.

In other words, this is gonna be fun analysis. Hope one of the leaders is bad. :biggrin:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Enrique wrote:Turnip Head are you... okay? This has been a really weird day for you.
I'm shooting from the hip because I have no idea what to do.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Sorsha »

Voted serge to try to save myself. Would have preferred inh or maybe even lorab ?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrumBeats wrote:Did you read my LoRab ISO?
Looks like I'm doing a lot of reading from you in this night phase.

DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Scotty wrote:this eod is like a donkey marrying a woman because she just got cataract surgery and can't see the groom.

In other words, this is gonna be fun analysis. Hope one of the leaders is bad. :biggrin:
This is going to be a fun analysis I agree. I'm really disappointed none of you losers hopped onto the Lorab fire drill.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

DrumBeats wrote:Don't like sorsha's ghost vote at the end
:shrug: I'm at work can't sit around clicking my heels
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

... no sorry. been busy.

Either way, CFDs are lame. Especially on players who haven't been around at all.
ImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

You guys all suck :pout:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm going to go hide now :ninja:
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

DrumBeats wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
I like asking questions to find out information, I don't like voting for someone because they didn't answer my questions.

Picture me as Lester Freamon from The Wire. I don't go in for flashy gimmicky tactics or emotion based votes.

I vote based on clear reasonings, ISO's, and good solid po-lice work. By the way, I am enjoying your thread ISO's, thank you for doing them.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Enrique wrote:
... no sorry. been busy.

Either way, CFDs are lame. Especially on players who haven't been around at all.
LoRab has been lurking a lot though. I keep seeing her online browsing this. Plus the sketchy Quin push and weird stance on SVS that felt forced.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Enrique wrote:Turnip Head are you... okay? This has been a really weird day for you.

This LoRab thing stinks.

linki- no read on LoRab, I have no idea what's up with this. I'm voting inh.
can i ask why?

10 points to Gryffindor if you avoid the words "read" and "NO U"
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

insertnamehere wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
I like asking questions to find out information, I don't like voting for someone because they didn't answer my questions.

Picture me as Lester Freamon from The Wire. I don't go in for flashy gimmicky tactics or emotion based votes.

I vote based on clear reasonings, ISO's, and good solid po-lice work. By the way, I am enjoying your thread ISO's, thank you for doing them.
You were on and promised to answer questions. If you didn't you'd have been dodging them imo.

And which ISOs do you agree with, and which do you not?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

this lynch is like a bunch of blind men stumbling around in the dark
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrumBeats wrote:
Enrique wrote:
... no sorry. been busy.

LoRab has been lurking a lot though. I keep seeing her online browsing this. Plus the sketchy Quin push and weird stance on SVS that felt forced.
I'll read your ISO on her in a bit, but why in gods green earth is that a justifiable reason to vote for someone in the last 10 minutes?

This question is for TH also.

Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

DrumBeats wrote:
Enrique wrote:
... no sorry. been busy.

Maybe she got silenced?

Guys what the fuck just happened? Seriously, those last 5 minutes, what is wrong with y'all?

linki- like I said dude, you never considered a scenario where either of them were bad and everything worked out for you.

This lynch was a clusterfuck, but now I'm convinced at least one of you three is bad. I'mma say, tho, TH's last minute fuckery makes it unlikely to be Sorsha.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

insertnamehere wrote:this lynch is like a bunch of blind men stumbling around in the dark
If it ends in a Mafia lynch then I think the blind men just got some sick new glasses so they can stumble around in the day

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 87

Post by Dom »

Ding Dong, The Strangler's Dead

Sorsha has been lynched. She was the Scranton Strangler.

It is now Night 5. You have 24 hours to get your PMs in and pick a civilian amongst you.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: The Office [POLLS]

Post by Dom »

Who's Fired?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:26 pm

bea
No votes
DFaraday
No votes
Drumbeats
Spacedaisy (12) 5%
enrique
No votes
Epignosis
No votes
fingersplints
No votes
espers
No votes
insertnamehere
timmer (11), Enrique (17) 10%
LoRab
No votes
Scotty
No votes
Serge
fingersplints (4), DFaraday (13), espers (14), Sorsha (18) 20%
Turnip Head
No votes
Sorsha
Epignosis (6), bea (9), insertnamehere (16), DrumBeats (19), Turnip Head (20) 25%
Spacedaisy
No votes
timmer
Scotty (5), Serge (7) 10%
Juliets
No votes
Syco! (Dom etc)
Dom (1), indiglo (2), Dex (3), Quin (8), S~V~S (10), Golden (15) 30%
Total votes : 20
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Scotty wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Enrique wrote:
... no sorry. been busy.

I'll read your ISO on her in a bit, but why in gods green earth is that a justifiable reason to vote for someone in the last 10 minutes?

My answer is "Because this is a game of mafia".

No but really I already explained why my vote was in flux. Sadly I wasn't around enough this phase to discuss it much.

Linki: Oh snap
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

... I can live with that.
ImageImageImageImage
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

A lot of us are here, and theres a bit of controversy so, just for 3J it is now GTH time. I'll post 3 people every few minutes.

@ linki Scotty - Because it's been a long time suspicion of mine and Serge, timmer, and INH were meh to me, mostly because I haven't had enough time to look into INH and Serge yet and I don't see a strong case on timmer. I've been pushing for LoRab for a while and I find a lot of reason to vote her.

@ Dom Linki - That's pretty good I guess. Wish it was mafia but anti-town indy is the next best thing.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Gun to Head:

bea

DFaraday

Drumbeats
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

DrumBeats wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

You were on and promised to answer questions. If you didn't you'd have been dodging them imo.

And which ISOs do you agree with, and which do you not?
I think the post counting and sorting into Fluff, Mechanics, and whatnot to be kinda arbitrary, and I don't necessarily agree with you on some interpretations of actions, but I'm glad someone's doing the work.

If you want me to respond to and analyze each and every ISO you did, give me some time to do so. I can have it done by sometime tomorrow. Don't try to lynch me for "dodging the question," please and thank you.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Turnip Head wrote:
Scotty wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Enrique wrote:
... no sorry. been busy.

No but really I already explained why my vote was in flux. Sadly I wasn't around enough this phase to discuss it much.

Is that it?
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

DrumBeats wrote:
Enrique wrote:
... no sorry. been busy.

Yeah, that happens when one is silenced. Seriously folks, online all the time. Posting in other threads. That's kind of clear code for: people, I've been silenced.

Classy move to y'all for trying to lynch me while I wasn't able to post, though.

i'll respond later when I'm not actively pissed off at not being able to defend when people are voting for me out of nowhere.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Well...huzzah! That's not a terrible result.

Holy shit guys. I can't wait to analyze the shit out of this vote.

But I am going to bed. Tomorrow I will tho.

Linki: I will do this

Bea: good
DFaraday: good
Drumbeats: bad

Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

DrumBeats wrote:Gun to Head:

bea

DFaraday

Drumbeats
Good

Good

Terrible.
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

bea - town

DFaraday - mafia

Drumbeats - town
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Votes are NOT changeable in the above poll.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

@ linki INH - fair. The divisions were mostly to show how much meat was actually in them.

bea

DFaraday

Drumbeats
Town

Town

Town
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Enrique wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Scotty wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Enrique wrote:
... no sorry. been busy.

Is that it?
I think so. Why, do you think I missed something?
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

GTH:

enrique

Epignosis

fingersplints
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Great outcome! Although, I assume she was an SK or something similar, so we still don't have much information to build upon.

bea

DFaraday

Drumbeats
Good

Good

Good
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DrumBeats