Wow we're really down to the wire now!

Poll ended at Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:35 am

a2thezebra
7%
Scotty
14%
Vompatti
No votes
A three headed monkey! (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
79%

Total votes: 14
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 311

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 7]

Post by Snow Dog »

so you are back to zebra? Remember that Nacho said he was only certain that Zebra and Snow Dog were civ. I don't know how he came to this conclusion but it's worth thinking about.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I'm a bit hurt I am so high on your voting list after all my efforts to save you.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Snow Dog wrote:I'm a bit hurt I am so high on your voting list after all my efforts to save you.
You really shouldn't feel that way. The only people above you are Wilgy and Vompatti... and they both earned their spots with tangible voting records. Who they voted for, AND the timing of those votes, are really big indicators to me. Baddies can vote for their teammates, but both these guys cast their votes for the doomed baddie when it mattered most.

I don't think it would be sensible of me to just assume you're Civ just because you (kind of?) trust me now. You could easily be a baddie who is saying all the right things to make me like you, and it's not really reassuring to me that you brought it up like that. Was that your plan, to be not so "high on my voting list" due to your "efforts to save me"? I haven't forgotten that you cast a killer vote against me last lynch, and then changed your mind after the vote was locked in. Think about that. If I had been lynched, then you'd be all "I trusted him in the end and hoped he'd be saved!" when all the while you held a good share of the responsibility for my death.

I don't want to think that way. That's not exactly my most vote-influencing thought about you, but it's in there. So, don't be hurt about your place on my voting list - as I'm sure you now see, it's far from the worst place you could be, and it's not an unfair placement.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Long Con wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:I'm a bit hurt I am so high on your voting list after all my efforts to save you.
You really shouldn't feel that way. The only people above you are Wilgy and Vompatti... and they both earned their spots with tangible voting records. Who they voted for, AND the timing of those votes, are really big indicators to me. Baddies can vote for their teammates, but both these guys cast their votes for the doomed baddie when it mattered most.

I don't think it would be sensible of me to just assume you're Civ just because you (kind of?) trust me now. You could easily be a baddie who is saying all the right things to make me like you, and it's not really reassuring to me that you brought it up like that. Was that your plan, to be not so "high on my voting list" due to your "efforts to save me"? I haven't forgotten that you cast a killer vote against me last lynch, and then changed your mind after the vote was locked in. Think about that. If I had been lynched, then you'd be all "I trusted him in the end and hoped he'd be saved!" when all the while you held a good share of the responsibility for my death.

I don't want to think that way. That's not exactly my most vote-influencing thought about you, but it's in there. So, don't be hurt about your place on my voting list - as I'm sure you now see, it's far from the worst place you could be, and it's not an unfair placement.
You are right of course. After the game is over you will see the effort I made to save you. I'm happy. No worries.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

What the hell I'll tell you know. I chucked two bananas on you to reduce your lynch vote by two.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

The only annoying thing about that is that it appears you did too. What a shocking waste! How many did you use?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Snow Dog wrote:What the hell I'll tell you know. I chucked two bananas on you to reduce your lynch vote by two.
:haha: :haha: :haha: BWAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!

Dude... you just couldn't keep it in, could you? You are too hilarious. I'm still physically laughing over here.

I thought that it was probably you. When I said "that's not exactly my most vote-influencing thought about you", that is what I was referring to. I just didn't want to put a target on your back, so I acted like I saved myself. I have/had no bananas, grog, or anything.

Anyway... thanks for the bananas, Snow Dog. I swear to you that you will not regret it when this game ends and all is revealed, because I am Civ. :hugs:
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Long Con wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:What the hell I'll tell you know. I chucked two bananas on you to reduce your lynch vote by two.
:haha: :haha: :haha: BWAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!

Dude... you just couldn't keep it in, could you? You are too hilarious. I'm still physically laughing over here.

I thought that it was probably you. When I said "that's not exactly my most vote-influencing thought about you", that is what I was referring to. I just didn't want to put a target on your back, so I acted like I saved myself. I have/had no bananas, grog, or anything.

Anyway... thanks for the bananas, Snow Dog. I swear to you that you will not regret it when this game ends and all is revealed, because I am Civ. :hugs:
I AM such a dumbass... :disappoint:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Read between the lines......READ BETWEEN THE LINES!!!!!!!!!! :fist:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DrWilgy »

Guys what the hell?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

:shrug2: Who do you think we should vote for today, Wilgy?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Not sure.

Snow Pupper infodumping skews my read and I'm frustrated due to this.

Why vote for you LC if he's just going to throw bananas onto you?

Opposite end is why infodump about saving someone unless they are your teammate or the savior is civ?

Due to this I can no longer make an accurate read that isn't impacted by the skewing of game rules. Assuming game rules are followed, I'm to assume what snow dog said is a lie and shpuld vote both him and you. Assuming game rules are broken I'm inclined to believe that Scotty and Zebra are bad.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:Assuming game rules are followed, I'm to assume what snow dog said is a lie and should vote both him and you.
If game rules are followed, and talking about banana usage is prohibited, then I imagine Snow Dog will be modkilled. I hope that's not the case, he didn't use an information role and blab it or anything like that. :shrug: Either way, I don't think that you need to be so hasty as to include a vote for me in the vigilante consequences you're planning! :scared: :scared:

I'll be playing the exact same way as I would have before the banana "revelation", and I think you should do the same. It's nothing that a reread of Snow Dog's posts prior to that didn't strongly point to anyway - that's why I believed he was the banana-er. What did he say before the lynch, "Hope is not lost, LC" or something like that?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

But here's the thing LC. I'm actively thinking "what kind of role can just chunk 2 banana's someone's way?"

More or less my reads have been invalidated by this and I don't have thw time atm to reevaluate.
Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

DrWilgy wrote:Not sure.

Snow Pupper infodumping skews my read and I'm frustrated due to this.

Why vote for you LC if he's just going to throw bananas onto you?

Opposite end is why infodump about saving someone unless they are your teammate or the savior is civ?

Due to this I can no longer make an accurate read that isn't impacted by the skewing of game rules. Assuming game rules are followed, I'm to assume what snow dog said is a lie and shpuld vote both him and you. Assuming game rules are broken I'm inclined to believe that Scotty and Zebra are bad.
I checked with our genial host if I could talk about my bananas and where I used them. He had no problem with it.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Y didn't you say so from the start?
Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

DrWilgy wrote:Y didn't you say so from the start?
Say what?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Snow Dog wrote:
Say what?
That you were bananaing him?
When did you exactly banana him?
Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240

Post by a2thezebra »

A better question would be why did you banana him?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

The only justification I can think of is that you had info on Mac, otherwise I can't fathom why you would help a player who was being so overtly desperate and disingenuous as Long Con was being yesterday.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

DrWilgy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Say what?
That you were bananaing him?
When did you exactly banana him?
Why would I have to say it? I did it about an hour or two before lynch time. I don't remember the exact time. Acyually it would be just before my message that he might survive.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

a2thezebra wrote:A better question would be why did you banana him?
Because I changed my mind and was fearfuk we were lynching a civ. It was rash. I was keeping them for my own use
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

a2thezebra wrote:The only justification I can think of is that you had info on Mac, otherwise I can't fathom why you would help a player who was being so overtly desperate and disingenuous as Long Con was being yesterday.
I didn't read him that way I'm afraid.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 6]

Post by a2thezebra »

You're telling me this post didn't seem at all desperate or disingenuous to you? Especially considering that it was published at a point in the day where Long Con had very little heat on him and in fact me and DrWilgy were pushing for you or Scotty to be lynched instead?
Long Con wrote:Please do not lynch me. There is not even a single good case against me, why the hell are you putting my name out there like I'm a baddie? I can't talk much now because I'm currently driving, and I'm working until another 5 hours are up. Take off your blinders and stop tunnelling me, I'm a Civ goddammit!
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 6]

Post by Snow Dog »

a2thezebra wrote:You're telling me this post didn't seem at all desperate or disingenuous to you? Especially considering that it was published at a point in the day where Long Con had very little heat on him and in fact me and DrWilgy were pushing for you or Scotty to be lynched instead?
Long Con wrote:Please do not lynch me. There is not even a single good case against me, why the hell are you putting my name out there like I'm a baddie? I can't talk much now because I'm currently driving, and I'm working until another 5 hours are up. Take off your blinders and stop tunnelling me, I'm a Civ goddammit!
If they had I wouldn't have saved him.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

If it had, I mean.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Anyway not trhat post. Later posts.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Snow Dog wrote:Anyway not trhat post. Later posts.
I don't follow.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

a2thezebra wrote:
I don't follow.
It's not that post that cast doubt but his later ones when he had time to post properly.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Zebra can you comment on LC's vote analysis?
Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Snow Dog wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
I don't follow.
It's not that post that cast doubt but his later ones when he had time to post properly.
And these later ones were only after you had already given him bananas?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy wrote:Zebra can you comment on LC's vote analysis?
Trash.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

By which I mean, I don't think there's an ounce of integrity in that vote analysis.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

a2thezebra wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
I don't follow.
No. I don't think so.

Are you voting Scotty?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Snow Dog wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
I don't follow.
No. I don't think so.

Are you voting Scotty?
I don't know yet.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Rip nacho- safe kill, also one kill mKes me think there's only 1 team left. In that case, I don't think we're in LYLo. If I get lynched it's not the worst thing for us- I'd rather not because im not bad but I think we can take it since I think we probably don't have more than 2 baddies, and I Think they pro bably cannibals.

I won't be around tomorrow, got a lot of shit on my plate. I'll check back tomorrow. But for now, I would wanti avoid everyone on my pirate list. I think odds are they're probably all gone.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

a2thezebra wrote:
Trash.
Well, the facts about who voted for who are not trash, they are facts. So if my analysis was trash, then why don't you use those facts to show us what a proper analysis looks like. Take your time, we seem to have until Friday.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Long Con wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Trash.
Well, the facts about who voted for who are not trash, they are facts. So if my analysis was trash, then why don't you use those facts to show us what a proper analysis looks like. Take your time, we seem to have until Friday.
Ah, the old "facts" cop out. Are you an r/atheism regular? I can point out the various color schemes of our profile pictures and analyze them too, and then if no one's into it I can ask them to analyze the profile picture color schemes themselves to see what they can come up with.

B U T T H A T W O U L D N ' T B E T H E P O I N T W O U L D I T
You're deliberately misrepresenting my criticism. Analyzing vote records is inherently reductive and it never catches baddies by itself. Isolating any one of the game's dynamics and then pretending it's a fool-proof method of determining players' alignments is a classic misdirecting baddie tactic. Even isolating a more relevant game dynamic such as player interactions with dead baddies is problematic because the implications of those don't exist in a vacuum either, but to isolate fucking voting records while presenting it as if it were the supatown way? Anti-town as fuck.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

This would be like if Epignosis or another anti-rainbow read rankings player was presented with a rainbow list and asked about it, responded accordingly that it's a worthless exercise, and then was asked to make one of his own. Try harder.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I use vote analasys all the time. Every game.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Anyway, it would be ludicrous for me to vote LC now. If I made a mistake I will pay for it I guess. With that in mind and using my (and LC's) vote analysis I have to vote Scotty.

Votes Scotty
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Snow Dog wrote:I use vote analasys all the time. Every game.
I'm not surprised.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

And AGAIN, the point is that isolating any single dynamic of the game to justify reads is a common baddie move. It doesn't matter whether that dynamic is gut reads, player interactions, vote analyses, or anything. The best town players (which I am not one of) incorporate as many dynamics at once as possible to figure out their reads.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Top town players = Hunt baddies using as many different tactics as possible
Lesser town players = Follow instinct, rely on spontaneity and gut reads
Mafia players trying to look town = Long Con
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

a2thezebra wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:I use vote analasys all the time. Every game.
I'm not surprised.
Rude again
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ok zebra. I'll try harder tomorrow.

In the interest of not splitting the vote, I'll go along with Snow Dog's judgement and vote for Scotty today.

*votes Scotty*
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 78

Post by Vompatti »

That's a strange reason when you're only the second to vote and there's still around 40 hours left for someone else to split the vote.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

There's a reason why I don't trust Snow Dog.

Bananas are more valuable to baddies than civvies.

Snow Dog. Why bananas over grog? Why not grog someone twice instead of banana lc twice?
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Vompatti wrote:That's a strange reason when you're only the second to vote and there's still around 40 hours left for someone else to split the vote.
Not really. There's six voters, probably one or two of them are bad. And there's bananas/grog in play. If I voted zebra...

That's all the explaining I'm doing, Vompatti. I shouldn't have even needed to say that, what's your deal anyway?

Return to “Previous Jobs”