No.
8%
Puhuhu
15%

Total votes: 13
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 443
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: [DAY 6] Ultimate Pain, Ultimate Suffering, Ultimate Despair, Ultimate Execution, Ultimate Death - DR:THH Mafia

Post by tedxtr »

The argument is that Makoto needs to live in order to win? so if the evil guy gives you an event where killing makoto wins you the game, you know..
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
Okosan
The Mark
Posts in topic: 278

Re: [DAY 6] Ultimate Pain, Ultimate Suffering, Ultimate Despair, Ultimate Execution, Ultimate Death - DR:THH Mafia

Post by Okosan »

Coo? Coo? (Also Monokuma's whole thing is despair. You're crazy if you think it wouldn't be perfect to give everyone a glimpse of an easy victory and then snatch that away for maximum despair)
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 123

Post by sig »

Well I was all down for a ddl lynch even the other day so I could go there, but I dint like trustworthy last post.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Why based off yesterday am I mafia?

Ted's argument is hella scummy atm.

Also so the way I see if is if sabie didn't trigger this then it probably means its automatic upon death of a mafia member?
ImageImage
Okosan
The Mark

Post by Okosan »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:05 am The argument is that Makoto needs to live in order to win? so if the evil guy gives you an event where killing makoto wins you the game, you know..
COOOO! (Yeah that affects just Makoto. Think about from a game balancing perspective and pretend the two options are actually as stated from DDL. That's not balanced at all because Makoto loses every time. The two choices as we know them are a normal game where we have a chance to lose, or an insta win for everyone left but one. That's not fair to Makoto in the slightest. There has to either be some upside to sticking to it that we don't know about, or some downside to giving in)
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Trying to say the host post is host and should be trusted when we've discussed multiple times that its ddl sending these in goggles me.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 196
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I'm with the bird.

[VOTE: monokuma] aubergine
Okosan
The Mark

Post by Okosan »

COO! (And no just because Makoto also has to live to win doesn't mean he would be lying about anything. As town there's no reason not to just come out with everything he knows)
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I honestly don't think that DDL can come up with a game mechanic. I think this was an ability activation and it's not even DDL's post. Sprityo said if you submit your stuff, he will write some boss ass flavour.

Him, not DDL.

I don't have any compelling reason to move my vote, if I vote sabie, I have a chance of winning, if I vote DDL, I have a higher chance of losing than winning.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

"This is a one part social experiment, one part setup"

Not a bastard game. Giving the ability to a player to deliberately lie about game mechanics that are triggered is bastard.
ImageImageImageImage
Okosan
The Mark

Post by Okosan »

sprityo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:10 pm

Independent:
Monokuma - Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy
Pick a role each night to “overcome with despair”. The role picked loses their win con and can only win if they kill another player and survive until the end of the game. Each Night You may submit a Text Post to the Host to be read upon day start. Knows ALL game Secrets and Roles. Has a Soup Kill. Cannot be Killed, cannot Vote if found. Monokuma is not allowed to discuss any role or secret knowledge in thread. Monokuma is targetable by all actions unless stated otherwise. Monokuma can private message any player and any player can privately message Monokuma. *Secrets*
sprityo wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:22 am
MONOKUMA HAS ATTEMPTED TO SOUP TEDXTR AS MAKOTO NAEGI, AND FAILED!

ANNOUNCEMENT FROM HEADMASTER MONOKUMA
sprityo wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:31 pm
Morning Announcment from Headmaster Monokuma

Good morning, everyone!

It is me, your Headmaster Monokuma, and I have come here to greet you for another beautiful day, full of killings, drama and executions!

What is it, you don't want to kill anyone? Well, you can always choose to enjoy the school life and stay in the school forever... oops, you can't. This is not normal Danganronpa, this is Danranronpa Mafia, so you don't have that option. You have to kill.

Or you can always take the path of Mr. Epignosis, who refused to vote to save himself so he could leave and go enjoy some "real mafia". Now he will get to enjoy real mafia... IN HELL! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, I'm sorry for being so mean-spirited. I love all of you students equally. Even the insane ones. Although the ones who join the side of Despair, I will love a little more equally.

Because there is another way out of this game: join the Ultimate Despair, and you will get to leave the school and go help me make this world more miserable than it already is. I promise, it will be fun! Despair is where all the fun and games are!

See you later!
Okosan
The Mark

Post by Okosan »

COOOO! (Unless you think the bottom quote was host made too then the announcement made today is from DDL)
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:11 am I honestly don't think that DDL can come up with a game mechanic. I think this was an ability activation and it's not even DDL's post. Sprityo said if you submit your stuff, he will write some boss ass flavour.

Him, not DDL.

I don't have any compelling reason to move my vote, if I vote sabie, I have a chance of winning, if I vote DDL, I have a higher chance of losing than winning.
Admittedly this was false because i forgot to write it. DDL has submitted every single announcement since the game started including today's.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I think it's legit and I'm not moving my vote. From my perspective that's the only thing that wins me the game.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Same principle applies, if DDL was :

1) Given the option to create an ability is bastard

2) Given the option of lying about those mechanics is bastard

I think sprit was very upfront about the two options and the flavour was written by DDL, but the choices are legit.

You are arguing with me for nothing, it's not wolfy. If I was mafia I'd be hammering the living hell out of DDL right now, because mafia probably wins this 7/10 times.

I am preserving my life and choosing the option that lets me live.

This is the "social experiment" part advertised : will you save one of your own but risk losing your life or will you sacrifice one for everyone else.
ImageImageImageImage
Okosan
The Mark

Post by Okosan »

Coo! (Lol Spirt never said anything about the affects of voting either. Just that we can and that extra vote stuff is disabled. It's not really bastard if we already know that Monokuma could be lying about any of it.)
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I'm not switching my vote man, I don't know what you want from me.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

If you want DDL lynched, convince Tony / TH.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Okosan wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:08 am
tedxtr wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:05 am The argument is that Makoto needs to live in order to win? so if the evil guy gives you an event where killing makoto wins you the game, you know..
COOOO! (Yeah that affects just Makoto. Think about from a game balancing perspective and pretend the two options are actually as stated from DDL. That's not balanced at all because Makoto loses every time. The two choices as we know them are a normal game where we have a chance to lose, or an insta win for everyone left but one. That's not fair to Makoto in the slightest. There has to either be some upside to sticking to it that we don't know about, or some downside to giving in)
The downside to voting Makoto is that you sell your souls. You betray town's cause, betray the main character and join the mafia. You give up from trying to win fairly. It's not as satisfying as actually moving forward and winning. But you get victory. It's the rational option, the selfish one. At least for the ones who actually voted for Makoto, since the rest dies.

As for Makoto, he already has a big advantage in that he is immune to mafia's night kills and lynches. He is guaranteed survival. But he has to go through me for that, that's the price of his win.

You all should really evaluate if you can win the game otherwise. How many scum do you think are left? If there are 2, this is a 3v2. Can you win two consecutive lynches next? And survive?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

What are you talkin about, he already has the four votes we need to Lynch him.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:40 am What are you talkin about, he already has the four votes we need to Lynch him.
sabie and DDL dont count so it's technically 5 then
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:40 am What are you talkin about, he already has the four votes we need to Lynch him.
DDL and sabie's votes don't count.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Okosan wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:05 am Coo? Coo? (Also Monokuma's whole thing is despair. You're crazy if you think it wouldn't be perfect to give everyone a glimpse of an easy victory and then snatch that away for maximum despair)
Not a terrible idea, but I also need troops to accomplish maximum despair. You don't think Junko destroyed the world all by herself, did you?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

DDL, if I have a vote on you and sabie gets hammered, do I win with you?
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Is hammer vote going on or do we need go until the deadline?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

i think it ends it
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

tedxtr wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:45 am DDL, if I have a vote on you and sabie gets hammered, do I win with you?
I don't know if this game uses hammer mechanics but I'm 100% you win with me if I survive this day phase.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

[mention]sprityo[/mention] hammer mechanic or normal 24 dp?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sorry ted I misreaf your question
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

If you are voting for ME, and sabie is lynched, you lose.

If you are voting for SABIE, and she gets lynched, you win.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

oh wait what hold on that's not what is said in that post
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Why should I not hammer sabie right now then?
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

tedxtr wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:50 am Why should I not hammer sabie right now then?
Arent you voting sabie already?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

oh wait I got things mixed up

got it now
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I don't trust Monokuma
Okosan
The Mark

Post by Okosan »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:43 am
Okosan wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:05 am Coo? Coo? (Also Monokuma's whole thing is despair. You're crazy if you think it wouldn't be perfect to give everyone a glimpse of an easy victory and then snatch that away for maximum despair)
Not a terrible idea, but I also need troops to accomplish maximum despair. You don't think Junko destroyed the world all by herself, did you?
COOOOO! (Junko probably had plenty of troops without us included)
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:46 am Is hammer vote going on or do we need go until the deadline?
Deadline
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Okosan
The Mark

Post by Okosan »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:49 am If you are voting for ME, and sabie is lynched, you lose.

Cooo! (Oh hey look something DDL didn't say in the main post. Guess he can't lie right?)
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

approximately 13.5 hours left to be exact
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Okosan wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:56 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:43 am
COOOOO! (Junko probably had plenty of troops without us included)
Normal troops won't do, I need ultimate students. Only the best of the best. People with the ability to make worldwide change.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Okosan wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:58 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:49 am If you are voting for ME, and sabie is lynched, you lose.

Cooo! (Oh hey look something DDL didn't say in the main post. Guess he can't lie right?)
I certainly did.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I said that if Makoto is lynched his voters win the game with me. But only his voters.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

TL, let's debate because you probably understand my point and have a role that is susceptible to dying, unlike Okosan who's probably death immune or the busser chick.

I wanna talk to someone that's willing to understand my point.
ImageImageImageImage
Okosan
The Mark

Post by Okosan »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:02 pm I said that if Makoto is lynched his voters win the game with me. But only his voters.
Coooo! (Oh wait Okosan misunderstood what you were saying. Still though)
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

The reason Makoto needs this bargain is that he is not immune to soup kills. I tried to kill him last night. I would try again if the bargain did not happen. I will do everything I can to kill Makoto because he is the only one who can make me die. The bargain is at the same time his curse and his remedy, because he needs to use it to get rid of me, but the reason I want to kill him in the first place is the threat of him using it.

So you asked what is the advantage for him? More like his only choice. Now, if he does take me down, his chances of winning are now pretty good since he is immune to both lynches and night kills. Assuming he doesn't fail at taking mafia down, that is.

The rest of you don't quite have Makoto's luck, though. But you get the choice of two different paths.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Does scum Lynch Sabie or Bear? It's the same calculation for town, right?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I think scum are more likely to vote Bear here.

Talk to me for a bit TSP, I want not to feel like an outcast for a minute.

Suppose deal goes through with sabie, do you think we, the sabie voters, actually win?

Does my bastard game talk thing make any sense to you and do you agree with it?
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I meant sabie sorry

Why do I keep getting them mixed up
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

The only way to get the true ending in the game is to kill Makoto. This game is pretty flavorful, so I think the Sabie Lynch is the best thing to do.

Why do scum vote Bear?
Okosan
The Mark

Post by Okosan »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:40 pm The only way to get the true ending in the game is to kill Makoto. This game is pretty flavorful, so I think the Sabie Lynch is the best thing to do.

Why do scum vote Bear?
Coooo! (What are you even talking about)

Return to “Previous Side Missions”