Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Well, I'm sorry I didn't give you credit for that, Mac, in my defense I've hardly read the thread, as you would know if you've been reading my posts.
:haha:

"Read my posts! I said I haven't read your posts!"
:mafia:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Mac is supposedly caught up; I'm not. :P
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Post by MacDougall »

It's not about credit, it's about the fact that you clearly aren't reading posts... Trying to bauss the game without being caught up and knowing what opinions are documented is poor.

How does this make Scotty a "confirmed civ" though?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Get yourself caught up, then we'll talk.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:It's not about credit, it's about the fact that you clearly aren't reading posts... Trying to bauss the game without being caught up and knowing what opinions are documented is poor.

I've told you my situation. The hosts do not have a replacement. Deal with it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:Get yourself caught up, then we'll talk.
Sorry, that's not going to happen. I'm doing my best; in fact, I've spent hours skimming as we speak.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:It's not about credit, it's about the fact that you clearly aren't reading posts... Trying to bauss the game without being caught up and knowing what opinions are documented is poor.

I've told you my situation. The hosts do not have a replacement. Deal with it.
:mad:

Okay then. I will.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

As to how it makes Scotty a confirmed civilian, read Robin's role. He learns the identity of the player he "saves". DrWilgy clearly indicates inside knowledge in that post, which I highlighted.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

"Based soley on result of yesterdays lynch, I wouldn't try to lynch Scotty again btw." sounds like information to me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And I'm all for creating content and posts, but I'm just going to rant here really quickly, since instead of being one of the large posters that's constantly caught up I actually am in the position of the folks who are always feeling behind.

When you argue for pages about the same damn thing and don't progress solving the game, you're wasting everyone's time. The immense back and forths between Enrique and Golden, as well as Matt and zebra, fall into this category. It keeps people from being able to be fully grounded in the game.

Please create content and solve the game, but if you're going back and forth with someone and you can honestly ask yourself if you're helping progress the game and you can't say yes to that question, then walk away and let others judge the conversation. Seriously, there are way too many posts I'm skimming that add nothing.

/rant
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MovingPictures07 wrote:As to how it makes Scotty a confirmed civilian, read Robin's role. He learns the identity of the player he "saves". DrWilgy clearly indicates inside knowledge in that post, which I highlighted.
So you are saying that Wilgy prevented the lynch because it was a tie, but the coin flip landed on Scotty not him, so he learnt his role?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MovingPictures07 wrote:And I'm all for creating content and posts, but I'm just going to rant here really quickly, since instead of being one of the large posters that's constantly caught up I actually am in the position of the folks who are always feeling behind.

When you argue for pages about the same damn thing and don't progress solving the game, you're wasting everyone's time. The immense back and forths between Enrique and Golden, as well as Matt and zebra, fall into this category. It keeps people from being able to be fully grounded in the game.

Please create content and solve the game, but if you're going back and forth with someone and you can honestly ask yourself if you're helping progress the game and you can't say yes to that question, then walk away and let others judge the conversation. Seriously, there are way too many posts I'm skimming that add nothing.

/rant
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:As to how it makes Scotty a confirmed civilian, read Robin's role. He learns the identity of the player he "saves". DrWilgy clearly indicates inside knowledge in that post, which I highlighted.
So you are saying that Wilgy prevented the lynch because it was a tie, but the coin flip landed on Scotty not him, so he learnt his role?
That's what I think, yeah. It makes sense, given what happened, unless I'm missing something?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
That's what I think, yeah. It makes sense, given what happened, unless I'm missing something?
Would be a shortsighted, poorly thought through choice of Mafia kill if it meant confirming Scotty would it not?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

If I was Wilgy and Robin, I definitely would have prevented that lynch... then if the tie ended up being on Scotty, it counts as Robin "saving" him, rather than preventing his own lynch. Then he would have learned Scotty's role, and viola... in the thread, he says don't lynch Scotty again and lists him in blue at the top of a rainbow list. I'm not sure what else that could mean, really.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Would be a shortsighted, poorly thought through choice of Mafia kill if it meant confirming Scotty would it not?
Yeah, that's true, that's a good question. Maybe they didn't think it through, or maybe they coincidentally chose Wilgy and didn't realize he could have been Robin. Not sure.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, so the good news is that I've practically at least fast-skimmed most pages now, although I'm sure (as is evidenced by Mac pointing out his theory) that I missed some stuff. There were definitely some I really skipped over though, especially super long back-and-forthy posts. I'll try my absolute best to keep current going forward, but no promises, if the pace of this game continues even remotely at what it's been so far. Didn't anticipate this level of activity.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MovingPictures07 wrote:If I was Wilgy and Robin, I definitely would have prevented that lynch... then if the tie ended up being on Scotty, it counts as Robin "saving" him, rather than preventing his own lynch. Then he would have learned Scotty's role, and viola... in the thread, he says don't lynch Scotty again and lists him in blue at the top of a rainbow list. I'm not sure what else that could mean, really.
I guess it's possible the Mafia didn't consider that by killing Wilgy they would be creating a confirmed civ in Scott.

Conversely, the other possibility is that Wilgy assumed Scotty was Robin by virtue of it not being him who made the lynch stop.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MP suddenly being caught up and domming the game the day 2 cops became mafia is not making me feel good.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:If I was Wilgy and Robin, I definitely would have prevented that lynch... then if the tie ended up being on Scotty, it counts as Robin "saving" him, rather than preventing his own lynch. Then he would have learned Scotty's role, and viola... in the thread, he says don't lynch Scotty again and lists him in blue at the top of a rainbow list. I'm not sure what else that could mean, really.
I guess it's possible the Mafia didn't consider that by killing Wilgy they would be creating a confirmed civ in Scott.

Conversely, the other possibility is that Wilgy assumed Scotty was Robin by virtue of it not being him who made the lynch stop.
Hmmm... that's definitely a possibility as well. I'm going to stick with Wilgy = Robin as most likely, but yeah, can't call Scotty completely confirmed civilian for sure, since we don't know exactly what was going on in Wilgy's head.

Also, I just want to say that I had a super crazy hellish week, and that it's great to be playing mafia with all of you, despite my spotty appearance. Good to play with you again too, Mac, after I saw you were retiring over at RYM I was afraid you wouldn't be playing this one. :beer:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:MP suddenly being caught up and domming the game the day 2 cops became mafia is not making me feel good.
What do you mean, you speculate that I'm participating more now because I've been converted?

If so, I can assure you that at any given time in this game that my participation is merely a function of my workload, and that unfortunately I'll be pretty busy the rest of the weekend. And historically I don't feel compelled to post more or less given any alignment.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Going to work on a rainbow list / evaluation of everyone now. It'll probably be mostly crap reads, since I've sped-skimmed everything since page 11, and backwards at that, but eh.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

also - woot - dinner is ate and I am caught up!

RIP Wilgy.

I will admit as I read the night post (and a fine night post it was LC) - I was kinda thinking it was a weird call for a night kill. I will admit though, reading along -sorsha makes a good point. I had not thought about mafia thinking that he could be Robin.

I feel like the thing between sig and glor is more rooted in a history I've not experienced with them. At times I find myself siding with both of them. And then second guessing each time I side with one or the other of them.

I don't see SVS as being anti-town. Maybe TH has it right, maybe she's indy - or maybe I just haven't seen my personal OMG SVS is a civ thing yet. I swear I know it when I see it and no I'm not sharing it because then she won't do it any more. I do think though that SVS's attention got focused on the drama unfolding in the thread and genuininely lost track of time. 10 minutes is excruicatingly long when you are stuck in a line. It's excruciatingly short when you are caught up in a good book or a big dinner rush or something that captivates your complete attention. I don't think - regardless of alignment, she would have intentionally missed a vote.

And with that, I'm off to bed for the night. 6 hours of sleep then off to the races again! :sigh:

sig - thank you for the kind words. Believe me, you would not believe what a difference a few days will make. It's been a drain that has personally wreaked havoic on me, my free time, my family time and my business. And outside of that, it has put a damper on the mostly great place I work. As I tell them all "this job sucks ass, but the people I work with are amazing and I love you all." When one of the kids go rouge like this, the rest of the kids are all not happy either and mom gets super fucking stressed out because outside of her bitching I have to listen to EVERYONE ELSE bitch about her while also trying to remain professional. :sigh:

so much more linki!!!

MP - it's a fair point that both you and mac make about the possibility of wigly being Robin.

no for realzies. More 12 hour work day bullshit. Bed for me!!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

By the way, I wanted to say sorry to hear about your week, bea, it definitely was worse than mine. Cheers to a better week next week. :beer:
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Enrique »

Epignosis wrote:
THERE'S A TIE?
Ooooooooooooo. It always brings a smile to my face.
Epignosis wrote:
Scotty wrote:@Hosts are tie lynches always a no-lynch?
Ties do not function as lynch stops.
I still don't think this was Robin's work, but I agree that's likely what got Wiggles killed.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

What do you propose then, Enrique?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

MacDougall wrote:MP suddenly being caught up and domming the game the day 2 cops became mafia is not making me feel good.
One cop became mafia last night, the other one is converted tonight.

I think that'd be a little blatant and it's more likely MP just finally found time to get involved.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

MovingPictures07 wrote:What do you propose then, Enrique?
I think history tells us our hosts really don't like ties, and it wouldn't be unlike them to give the final say to a secret role like the Joker. That Epig post right before the lynch has to mean something, right?
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

@Hosts: What do you do in case of a tie? :grin:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:What do you propose then, Enrique?
I think history tells us our hosts really don't like ties, and it wouldn't be unlike them to give the final say to a secret role like the Joker. That Epig post right before the lynch has to mean something, right?
I would agree that it wouldn't be unlike them to include a tie mechanic and give it to an independent.

However, I disagree that Epi would hint at something like that in the thread. He is a proponent of not influencing the outcome of games, and I think it would be strange of him to point at a possible secret.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm not seeing a mafia Scotty anyway, so I suppose that helps me become further entrenched in my theory. :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Mac's theory. :noble:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 2 MP rainbow list:

Scotty

DharmaHelper
Turnip Head
S~V~S
Enrique
bea

Bass_the_Clever
MacDougall
Typhoony
Dom
Golden
Sorsha
sprityo
a2thezebra

Bullzeye
juliets
sabie12
Glorfindel
Metalmarsh89

Lorab
Black Rock
DFaraday
Bubbles
TheFloyd73
Equivocate
sig
Matt

ekeknat
Nerolunar

Well, here are my crap rainbow reads. Forced myself to evaluate everyone, though many of these are subject to change since they're almost entirely tone/gut-based for the time being. Unfortunately, I don't feel like I have any solid leads. Need to start evaluate voting records and opinions more so and revise going forward.

But now it's bed time, and as I stated earlier, I have a pretty busy weekend ahead of me. I'll see what I can do, as I'd like to (mafia is way more enjoyable than most everything else). Until later, folks. :offtobed:
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

That list look really... safe.

Why is Bubbles so low, for one?
ImageImageImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Nerolunar »

I think it´s a good catch with the theory about Robin, although it is weird how Wilgy was killed immediately afterwards. IIRC Robin only has one instance of his ability? Then he would almost just be like a normal cop, just affiliated with Wayne Manor.

Im kinda siding with Sig in the debate on information sharing, although I do not think you should look at tone when searching Glorfindel. He is always polite whenever he writes something, and I can´t seem to spot a post where he deviates from this. I assumes this is true even when he is mafia. I do belive that both of thekm are civs though, but I do not think we should share information about the map.

@ MP can you elaborate on why I'm in the baddie end of your rainbow?
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Ignore the punctuation mistakes :rolleyes:
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Im a mess.

I meant spelling mistakes.
ImageImage

Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Typhoony »

Enrique wrote:@Hosts: What do you do in case of a tie? :grin:
:suspish:
Epignosis wrote:
Typhoony wrote:Hosts:

- How do you decide lynch ties?
:shrug:
Also, Wilgy wasn't around for the last 8'ish hours of the lynch looking at his posts. How would he have sent in a lynch stop?
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Nerolunar wrote: Im kinda siding with Sig in the debate on information sharing, although I do not think you should look at tone when searching Glorfindel. He is always polite whenever he writes something, and I can´t seem to spot a post where he deviates from this. I assumes this is true even when he is mafia. I do belive that both of thekm are civs though, but I do not think we should share information about the map.
So which one is it?
ImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

I don´t think we should share information. But that´s what Sig is saying too, right? Or did I misunderstand his posts?
ImageImage

Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

If there's one player in the game who advocated for sharing the info, it was sig. It's hard to read his posts and think otherwise.
ImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Typhoony wrote:If there's one player in the game who advocated for sharing the info, it was sig. It's hard to read his posts and think otherwise.
I AM a mess. :shrug2:
ImageImage

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Re: Arkham Mafia [Night 1]

Post by Golden »

bea wrote:
Golden wrote:
juliets wrote:
Golden wrote:I could see bea and MP being a team.
Golden, what are you seeing in MP? I don't feel like I've seen enough behavior to draw conclusions but I'm obviously missing something because you're not the only one who's mentioned him.

linkis
Hey juliets. Sorry I don't have time to elaborate right now. If you want to do a quick iso on me I have explained it a couple of ti
mes, otherwise I'll try and link you to some things later when I have more time. Sorry.

I haven't really read bea as bad per se, but I have noticed some posts from her that would work as an MP teammate.
Or you know, someone who a) knows his RL is pretty hectic and b) who has misread him a bunch before and c) prefers not to see hyper MP on drugs and stuff. Ask him what I did to him as a host once. That's a great story. I'm asking questions about him because I'm curious. I'm not so quick to judge him bad just in case. I feel like he has earned just a little bit of leaway here this early in the game. Am I wrong in thinking that? If so why?
I'll give MP plenty of leeway in terms of his ability to contribute. I have no problem with that.

But if I think what he does contribute looks suspicious, I won't not call him out on that.

And I think MP would be ok with that being where I draw the line.

@MP - the only way you can really shake my suspicions is not by answering questions so much, because my problem with you in the early game was quite tone-based and also based on you having what I perceive to be a double standard... well maybe you could respond on that bit... because I felt like you were criticising actions from others (when I say criticising, I mean seeing them as potentially baddie tells) when they are actions you would make as a civilian.

But, mostly, the only way I'm going to shake the suspicion of the tone-based aspect, is when you do have the chance to post and if I think you are coming off more genuine. I haven't really had a chance to read todays posts properly yet. Others have told me that (on a tone level) they disagree with me. I'm taking that into account.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Based soley on result of yesterdays lynch, I wouldn't try to lynch Scotty again btw. (Still 900 posts behind. Still think TH is a badewd.)

I suppose a "thoughts at this point rainbow" may be needed before EoN. I may not be here.
Scotty
Zebra
Mac

Everyone else
Dom
Bea
TH
Yeah, that gives my theory some real plausibility there. Thoughts?
I agree. Tim Drake's power would have worked regardless of who lost the tie. I'd vote to save Scotty today.

By the way, the fact you are the one figuring this out? Thank god I see civ MP, finally.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

So, basically, you have a different theory than MP (since MPs theory was that Robin saved Scotty, not himself), but then complain he isn't reading posts? :doh:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:And I'm all for creating content and posts, but I'm just going to rant here really quickly, since instead of being one of the large posters that's constantly caught up I actually am in the position of the folks who are always feeling behind.

/rant
:omg: :faint: :flamed: :haha:
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Post by Glorfindel »

sig wrote:What do you think of Zebra with her info sharing, then after getting heat claiming it was a trap?
Why should we look into the map people more?
Also I've never been proven wrong in this context since I've never lead a lynch successfully on a civ before, but there is a first time for everything. I'll ISO and do a quick read over of your past two games and see what I see, but I think I'm right and that you are anti town this game.
OK, as I said previously, I'm not in favour of sharing the information compiled from our journey around the map given Epi's "Rule 14: Talking about the map is allowed but not in your best interest." For someone to then go ahead and advocate talking about it seems silly to me. I don't know the reasons behind Rule 14 anymore than most of us. I'm thinking though that perhaps a certain combination of places on the map might reveal something of significance - perhaps potentially game breaking for the player/s that get the sequence right - it's just speculation. I'm not one to around flaunting rules though - Rule 14 no less than Rule 5...

I don't think Zebra should have shared her information but on the other hand, how do we know she didn't lie about what she learnt? It's true, she did subsequently claim that it was a trap. Whether it was or not and if it was, what was the point of it? I'd respectfully recommend you ask Zebra. As I've stated before (and it should be blatantly obvious by now) there are many players in this game with experience and skill far superior to mine. I'd count Zebra as one of those. I too would like to know what it is she hoped to have achieved by doing what she did but I wouldn't know :shrug:

As I said earlier in this post, I don't know specifically why it is not in our best interests not to talk about the map (and presumably information we find there/or don't find there as the case may be) but I'm prepared to take the rule (14) at face value. My question to you, Sig (and yes, any other player supporting the information sharing position) - is why in this instance do you advocate tossing Rule 14 aside with gay abandon? I suppose that to an extent we have Zebra's answer in that she used the debate to set some elaborate trap :shrug: But what about you, Sig and anyone else who's supported information sharing?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

bea wrote:I feel like the thing between sig and glor is more rooted in a history I've not experienced with them. At times I find myself siding with both of them. And then second guessing each time I side with one or the other of them.
It is true bea that Sig and I have played many Mafia games together and believe it or not, outside of Mafia games we're really good friends :hug: I genuinely care about the guy a great deal. He's probably the player with whose playstyle I feel most familiar. I've been burnt that many times by him though in these games, I know just what he's capable of...

Having said that, I'm not outright accusing him of anything or threatening him in any way. Again, I just felt uncomfortable with some of the statements he's made and asked for an explanation.

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

sig wrote:I'd be up for a Glorfindel lynch today. I will ISO him tomorrow, but my gut is telling me he isn't pro civ at all.
Sir Thomas More: You threaten like a dockside bully.
Cromwell: How should I threaten?
Sir Thomas More: Like a minister of state. With justice.
Cromwell: Oh, justice is what you're threatened with.
Sir Thomas More: Then I am not threatened.

A Man for All Seaasons - Robert Bolt

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

Glorfindel wrote:
sig wrote:Okay, but here is what I don't understand everyone knew who she was going to vote for, she said she would have voted for him. Why is it suspicious that she failed to vote for him? If it was a player who already had three votes causing a three way tie then maybe or if she was planning to vote for one of the players who did tie for first maybe, but that wasn't the case?

linki: I NEVER said I didn't know there was a tie in fact I addressed that in my post. I didn't like either case so I didn't vote for either player if I had I'd be under even more suspicion no matter what they flipped as :shrug2:

I do find it odd you are going with the line of attack that I didn't see there was a tie when I talked about it in my latest post.
I am not attacking you Sig. Please don't accuse me of that. I simply want you to help me understand what I see as an inconsistency between your actions and my knowledge of your playstyle. If I've come across as otherwise, then I'm sorry. Was everyone so convinced that SVS was going to vote for me? True, she seemed to have fixated over something she thought she saw in a post of mine that was (in my opinion at least) a fairly long bow but I don't ever recall her outright accusing me of anything :shrug:

My point is though (and you seem to have missed this) that you came on, saw the votes were tied and not knowing whether or not that would potentially result in a no lynch at all, chose not to break the tie but to vote for someone else? And no, had you voted for one of the lead wagons on the basis that you felt it was incumbent on you to break the tie and avoid the possibility of a non-lynching, I certainly wouldn't have considered too suspicious - in fact after the number of times I've seen players do that it wouldn't have surprised me at all irrespective of the outcome.
I would not call it "fixated".Your only conclusion after reading that whole crazy thread was just that you thought one person was civ? It caught my eye since I was unsure of her at that point. Then when someone else asked you if you had any suspects, you named Matt, the person, conveniently, going hardest after Zebra.

I reread some last night before I fell asleep at 8:30 (I think I have the flu, someone at work had it and I feel like someone beatme with a bat) and I feel better about Zebra, which means I am less worried about you.

I have to finish catching up; I found the night post, and then started over from the point where I left the thread.

Bye Wilgy, I hope you were not a civ.
Turnip Head wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Looking at that graph, thanks man.

Am I not remembering correct? Wasn't TH the one who called for the Wilgy wagon? Yet he didn't put the final vote on Wilgy until right at the end which put him into the tie with Scotty? Is that what the graph is telling me?

So TH calls for the lynch but doesn't commit to it until such times as it causes a tie at the EOD?
Yeah Mac the poll is showing you that I voted for a player I suspect to put them in a tie with a player I didn't suspect. There were like 10 people left to vote after me, it's not my fault that most of them didn't show up or that no one after me tried to break the tie. I called for the Wilgy wagon because he was one of my suspects who already had a vote (Bullzeye's) and Typh voted for Wilgy right before I tried to give it some steam. I repeatedly said that I didn't find Scotty or the other lynch candidates suspicious and my vote reflects that so what exactly is your point?
You sound rather annoyed here. This also got my eye while you were discussing the whole we/they thing with Mac. Not a thing I associate with you.
Turnip Head wrote:My beef with SVS isn't that she missed the vote or that she wanted to vote for her top suspect. It's that she was in "Anyone but me" mode at the early stages of EoD and that seemingly continued right up until the buzzer. She didn't give reads on Scotty or Wilgy and I recall her being suspicious of Zebra but didn't put a vote there. That gives me a distinctly indy vibe from her and I'd like her to prove that vibe wrong. I plan on giving her some breathing room to operate Day 2 because I know it's easy to lose sight of other things when you're fighting for your own life.

Wilgy and bea are my top suspects. I told Wilgy I'd present him with my history lesson so for anyone curious here's his ISO from Recruitment IV (unrecruited then civ) and Pikmin (where he was civ and, in this very thread, claims to have barely played). Let the record show that in Pikmin he had 22 posts in the first 48 hours of the game and attempted to engage multiple players in multiple discussions. In this game he had 8 posts in the first 72 hours, granted this game is of larger scale than Pikmin. In Star Wars he had 5 posts in the first 72 hours. Take from that what you will. But his rate of posting isn't the only reason he's suspicious to me. The only player I see him engaging in meaningful discussion here is Mac who he's agreeing with, I don't see him trying to engage in discussions with others who's opinions do not line up with his own, unless it's to defend himself or toss out a quick read. As I said before Wilgy could go a long way toward changing my mind by proving he's engaged with the game, and I didn't get him lynched Day 1 so he has that chance now.

For bea I feel she is trying to fly under the radar. I said before that her lack of catch up posts makes me think she's reading the thread and reacting to it at different times and that makes me feel like she's trying to be careful. She did say that she wasn't doing her catch-up posts because she gets flak for doing them but I hereby give her permission to do them again because those posts help me get the best feel for her as a player. In addition I've mentioned her a few times now but those mentions seem to have gone unnoticed and I don't know bea to be a player who doesn't respond to posts about her. When bea is civ I can usually feel it and I'm not feeling it this game. She too has a chance to prove her civvieness to me going forward. And you know I love ya bea.
I did not have reads on Wilgy or Scotty, yetanother reason I did not want to vote for either of them. In a game where I could not change my vote, a I was getting pushes from several directions, I was paranoid.

Wilgy had not been online at all, not just in the thread, he had not been anywhere, and it was Day One. Scotty did not seem any different than he usually does tome when he getslynched early often. Not as often as sig, your initial target. But enough.

I have extensive experience with Bea,and I don't think she has BTSC. When her schedule allowed for it, she was doing all of her yay, happy girl stuff in the thread. Plus I think if she had a partner, she DOES check chat on her phone at work, she would be in here posting more if she were being nudged.

I think she is yet another easy target for a lynch. It is possible she is one of those indies, but I don't think she has a partner.
MacDougall wrote:I just took a look at MP's play and there was nothing remotely pingy about him to me and I have played two games with MP and caught him early as scum both times so I think I read him pretty well if there is something to be read. Sorry Golden I don't see what you see. Feel free to try to explain it to me more but at this point if anything I'd have MP as a civ read. He's coming off natural.
This ^^

He is low posting, but he is also crazy busy and putting a game into sign ups, but in any case I am not getting that repressed bwa ha ha glee from him he gets when he is bad.

Since it seems I have an opinion about every third post, I will post this and go back to catch up.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell

Return to “Previous Jobs”