33%

Total votes: 12
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 7]

Post by fingersplints »

keys56000000000 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:Maybe I am wrong though and keys was found and is part of a civvie set/LMS group though, which could explain his disinterest since he was clearly against the searching. That could explain how he magically appeared tonight when he was discussed.
There are no civ sets. You form a set, you aren't a civ. This game is a free-for-all. Nobody wants to be civilian. Why post at all? Whom am I addressing with posts? The non-existent civs? The LMS groups that are playing against me? The mafia? The is no reason for me to post.

I'm not going to explain again why I was against the searching, I feel like I'm playing with children. Honestly, I don't want to play anymore.

HOST: I'm out. Not your fault, you've put together a good game, this site just isn't for me.

There are still civvies if they haven't found their partners. I should have said color set there but I think everyone understood what I meant there. I never asked you to explain again why you were against the searching. I understood it the first time. I was just offering a possible alternative :/
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Long Con wrote:
fingersplints wrote:Doesn't that mess up your theory about TH being WW
If TH won Electric Company, then I would believe he's not Water Works.
Do you think he could be a railroad? Or lms?
Gro-oo-ovy
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 304
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

fingersplints wrote:
Long Con wrote:
:| Why are you asking that? Am I supposed to answer in a certain way?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Long Con wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
Long Con wrote:
:| Why are you asking that? Am I supposed to answer in a certain way?
You are supposed to answer whatever way you think. :shrug:
Why am I not supposed to ask you that? You seemed to think he was WW before and if you don't anymore I am curious what you think he could be if not.
Gro-oo-ovy
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ok, I'll answer that in a broader way: I think that any person in this game could be a Railroad or an LMS.

Was there any way for me to say 'no' to your question? If I said 'no', then that means that I think he's not Water Works, and that he could not be Railroad of LMS. Which would mean that I definitely think he's an ungrouped Civilian.

That's why I thought the question was really strange.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

EBWOP: "...could not be Railroad or LMS."
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 350
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I didn't win Electric Company.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I don't see what's so strange about it still LC. You had him pegged as a certain baddie role. If you do not think he is that role I am wondering if you see him more as a civvie or different baddie role.
Gro-oo-ovy
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

fingersplints wrote:I don't see what's so strange about it still LC. You had him pegged as a certain baddie role. If you do not think he is that role I am wondering if you see him more as a civvie or different baddie role.
Maybe it was the way you phrased it. Do I think he COULD BE a Railroad or LMS? In other words, do I think it's at all possible that he's part of the majority of the players in the game?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

No. That is not what I meant. I just am not expecting you to be certain is all and are trying to figure out which way you are leaning now
Gro-oo-ovy
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Where are YOU leaning now, splintsy?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 356
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:RIP Zeek.

As for the case on TH . If TH is Water Works he is super brave for trying to get people not to vote Water Works.
He's not the only one. I don't even think he was the first, but he may have been the most extreme.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Epig is always very opinionated when he even slightly thinks I am bad, and in 5 whole cycles he never said anything against me. I haven't killed anyone.
I can think of other ways that you could be bad that doesn't involve killing people. ;)
MovingPictures07 wrote:I could see almost anyone having reason to kill Epig and S~V~S; they're both frightening. Epig was doing a ton of baddie hunting and had some success. Any player as an RR would IMO see him as a threat over most everyone else.
Good point. I have a thought to add to that. Why didn't WW try to kill Epi or SVS? Also, why did the RR's wait until Night 5 to kill Epi?

But WW is an enigma right now. I don't know if he/she is toying with us, or just an inattentive inactive.
Dom wrote::)
What the hell do you want? :D
bea wrote:It's hard to ignore TH's rebutal. If I were the role checker and I held a kill, I would have killed the railroad rather than go after them in the thread. I would have kept the idea that I was the role checker secret. I suck at being bad and I know that much. TH is way more suave than I am at being baddie. I have a hard time following that bit of logic in LC's case.
Hedgeowl landed on WW on Day 3 and was lynched Day 4. WW never had a chance anyway to kill her since utilities kill on even nights.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Well, I'll be back on later to vote, probably.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Turnip Head wrote:Where are YOU leaning now, splintsy?
About you or in general?
Gro-oo-ovy
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Both I guess. But I wanted to know in general.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Heads up: Only the 9 $150 houses that you buy in thread (post that you want it, if no one increases the bid within 30 minutes of you buying it specifying that they want to outbid you) are left. You do not have to use these ones right away (meaning anyone can buy them).
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
HannaK
Posts in topic: 60

Post by HannaK »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
HannaK wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:RIP zeek. That's a bummer.

So it seems Llama had LMS conditions after all, even if newly acquired.... I still think that negates my LC/Llama connection though.

There have been good points on the LC/TH front. I find LC's case much more convincing potentially than Llama's. However... I am having trouble discerning one of two possibilities:

1) LC is dead on; TH is WW and LoRab is railroad.
2) LC is incorrect.

I think my gut still leans towards #2, with TH being a civvie since he seems genuine.

That said, I find it really odd Hanna and Bea come in here and say what they have. If #1 was the case, would either of them be so bold as to assert such a thing? It just seems weird to me given both of them have been very nonopinionated all game. Thoughts here?
I guess because I don't really feel that this is an opinion, it's just good logical reasoning that I hadn't thought of myself, which is why I like expressing that I like this line of thinking. Im generally not very good at coming up with my own suspicions based on completely new information, especially in this game because i havent played with you all before which is also why:
MovingPictures07 wrote:And multiple players keep throwing out how badly they want to catch Reds, but I don't see much baddie hunting from most players considering it's Day 7. I know I haven't been amazing myself, but I feel more people should have opinions of others by now. Hanna, for example, keeps stressing all of this, but never throws out any suspects of her own. It's starting to ping me big time.
Yeah it is true that I dont have many solid suspicions, this is because a) statistically there are wayyy more civvies/LMS groups than baddies at this point so I am careful pointing to people as bad b) because I am generally quite weary with my suspicions because they are often either based on logical reasoning (which is hard) or game style (of which I don't have much information apart from the style of players within this game
Thanks, I understand that. It's definitely an unconventional game as well, and I know you're new. But why would you be "careful" pointing to people as bad? I don't understand that. Are you afraid of ruffling feathers?
I'm afraid of ruffling feathers without any evidence, but also because I love statistics and the fact is, that there are very few 'baddies' out there (and there is a large chance one of them is quite inactive as well, making it really hard to find proper reasons for lynching someone you think is bad). That being said, isn't it true that at least for me, almost everyone is bad now (except for the people who are not in a LMS group) and the most immediate threat I have is I have to pass the reds; which means that for me personally, lynching a reddie might be as valuable as lynching a mafia. That's not to say I dont care about lynching baddies, it just means that because of the way this game is structured, I need to look out for other things as well.

I am not sure how I feel about voting against a player who wants out himself...on the other hand maybe someone found keys without him wanting that to happen and that way I may be lynching a LMS member and I have no real suspicions as to who might be on the red team anyway so I guess that is where my vote will go
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I don't know what logic I'm going to use to vote. Even if we lynch a red someone will just bid the card and resell it so unless we somehow just get lucky or they run out of money it seems to me there will still be 3 red properties collecting rent. Maybe I'm thinking about it all wrong and if so someone please correct me.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 147

Post by S~V~S »

I don't know of boo clarified that or not, what would happen if a whole LMS team that had developed houses/hotels dies.

Not sure where I am going to vote. I need to reread Splints on Keys. I don't think she would accuse him lightly, or intentionally falsely. I still think TH/LC are both more likely to be LMS than baddies.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Turnip Head wrote:Both I guess. But I wanted to know in general.
Well I think keys might be WW. or a LMS group. If keys is WW, I need to go find who the utilities found out information on, because I feel like that would support my thoughts that you might be a railroad. I still think MP might be a railroad. I wouldn't say I am confident on that, because your responses always are really making me question it sometimes. :/ I do think if not maybe you two have btsc. It just seemed a bit weird to me how he jumped at me suspecting you for something. IDK I'll have to look into that more. He has also seemed helpful and more into the game since getting called out on that :p
keys clearly doesn't want to play anymore, but is he any more important to get out then the rest of the non players? Some of the other quiet ones might be baddies too.
There are many players I don't know about, or I felt good about but am now beginning to not feel so great about or wonder why I felt good about them in the first place.

All in all I am trying to figure out who is most important to vote for today. The WW might not be the most important baddie but I think a lot of information might be able to gained from learning who that role is. We need to get the railroads, and we need to start breaking up those sets.
Gro-oo-ovy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Yay I'm helpful!! :P

Seriously, my schedule has just lightened up a bit, and I'm more into this game than I was.

I still think I'm keeping my vote on keys since he could be WW. Even an LMS would be nice, but hopefully he's WW.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, LC, I don't recall seeing an answer to my question:

What happened to your suspicion of MM?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Why do you think I'm a railroad splintsy? That's a new one...
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Keys seems like too easy of an out. I'm voting DF, being the most active of the survivors to land on a red this turn.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

5 votes for $75
Vandalism for $75

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I would also like to buy one house on Pennsylvania for $150 if that's the price I can pay.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Turnip Head wrote:Why do you think I'm a railroad splintsy? That's a new one...
It shouldn't be new because I have said it before.
fingersplints wrote:I think LC has good points but I think TH is more likely to be a railroad.
I do not believe he would waste a kill purposefully, and I do not think he would go against bwt that early if he was his teammate. I have been teammates with TH twice fairly recently, and he is a very team oriented player.
I don't have any concrete case or anything if that is what you are expecting. There is a vibe I get from some of your posts and votes, and your interactions with people.
Plus how I believe keys would have played a WW role and his vote for you.
Gro-oo-ovy
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

fingersplints wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Why do you think I'm a railroad splintsy? That's a new one...
It shouldn't be new because I have said it before.
fingersplints wrote:I think LC has good points but I think TH is more likely to be a railroad.
I do not believe he would waste a kill purposefully, and I do not think he would go against bwt that early if he was his teammate. I have been teammates with TH twice fairly recently, and he is a very team oriented player.
I don't have any concrete case or anything if that is what you are expecting. There is a vibe I get from some of your posts and votes, and your interactions with people.
Plus how I believe keys would have played a WW role and his vote for you.
With his partner dying on Day 3, WW is the same as a SK at this point. An indie can't really be a team player.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Night 6]

Post by S~V~S »

MM, Faradays timing interested me. LC posted this at 11:12 my time, right before midnight Saturday night:
Long Con wrote:Both DFaraday and Nijuu seem to have had enough money to survive landing on a red hotel, provided neither of them have bid and won for anything substantial.

DisgruntledPorcupine, however, landed on Luxury Tax, so he didn't make any money by passing GO. At a base $1000, paying $1050 should have killed him. Granted, he probably made some cash from people landing on his property, but if he made any bids that he won, then it becomes suspicious. We'll have to look into that.
A bit over an hour later, 12:22 AM, Faraday posts this:
DFaraday wrote:
Long Con wrote:Both DFaraday and Nijuu seem to have had enough money to survive landing on a red hotel, provided neither of them have bid and won for anything substantial.

DisgruntledPorcupine, however, landed on Luxury Tax, so he didn't make any money by passing GO. At a base $1000, paying $1050 should have killed him. Granted, he probably made some cash from people landing on his property, but if he made any bids that he won, then it becomes suspicious. We'll have to look into that.
I haven't won anything this game. :p

If DP is one of the more expensive properties I could see him having racked up enough reserve if people have landed on his, but it's hard to say.
It was his last post. Odd that he was mentioned like that, and *poof* he shows up. But his last post was about 24 hours before that, so it could have been coincidental.

I am really pretty perplexed this lynch.

Linki @ Splints, if you think Keys is WW, I would rather lynch a rail, tbh. The idea of one of those LMS teams getting a kill scares me more than the actual baddie, tbh.

Linki 2 @MM~ I think her point is that TH would not have done that to BWT when he was still alive, had he been his teammate. So she thinks he was NOT BWTs teammate. I think, lol.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

MM I do not think WW is a team player and I know that role is essentially an indy. I just think WW would benefit from looking like they are lynching baddies too. So if keys is WW, he did vote TH the last lynch. Does that make more sense?

Yes SVS. I have not voted for keys for that reason. I too would rather lynch a rail, but am not that confident in my rail suspicions. Your post on dfaraday is interesting, but like you said, could easily be a coincidence as well.
ANd I have pointed out I do not think TH is WW before based on how I do not think he would have turned on bwt like that. so you are also correct in that SVS :)
Gro-oo-ovy
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Your points make sense as well, and his reaction to your suspicion that he was a rail, and NOT a util was interesting.

I am fairly annoyed that we are less than an hour from the end and so few people have voted. I dislike voting for a higher poster in this situation, but I also think the low posters are more likely to be bored people without partners, aka civs. I think I will vote for TH, and hope he is bad, but I will be OK if he is Light Blue, Red, Yellow or Green as well.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I would also like to buy one house on Pennsylvania for $150 if that's the price I can pay.
8 left (future reference: you don't need to specify what you want it for, you just have to say you want to buy it).
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

S~V~S wrote:Your points make sense as well, and his reaction to your suspicion that he was a rail, and NOT a util was interesting.

I am fairly annoyed that we are less than an hour from the end and so few people have voted. I dislike voting for a higher poster in this situation, but I also think the low posters are more likely to be bored people without partners, aka civs. I think I will vote for TH, and hope he is bad, but I will be OK if he is Light Blue, Red, Yellow or Green as well.
This. I really don't know what to do about this low poster situation. I am also voting TH .
Gro-oo-ovy
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I was comparing the kill skip to being a team player, so I guess I misunrstood that point fingers.

SVS. I feel the same about today. 18 players left and only 6 votes in. I know fingers hasn't voted and TH usually pops in near the end to vote, but that leaves 10 more players unaccounted for.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't have time to defend against another set of allegations (that have nothing to do with MY behavior and all to do with Keys, whose role we don't even know) this late in the day, I've spent all my time defending already. I'm voting for Keys, he wants to quit anyway. Frankly I hope he's NOT Ww because I can guarantee he didn't vote me due to me being a RR
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Keys wants to quit anyway. Let's lynch him and see if your theory is right splints. You're putting the cart before the horse if you vote me without knowing keys' role.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

$75 +5 votes.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:Keys wants to quit anyway. Let's lynch him and see if your theory is right splints. You're putting the cart before the horse if you vote me without knowing keys' role.
Let's lynch someone because they don't want to play? If he's civ, we're better off with him alive than dead.

Linki: I think you have to top my bid of the same amount.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

TH, your case on keys was very compelling. I know you're trying to save yourself, but I still don't like that reasoning

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

No MM. Splintsy's case on me is BASED on Keys flipping Water Works. He wants to quit. Why isn't she voting him FIRST? It would give her case some credibility if he flips WW and poke holes in her case if he's civ. either way it looks like he doesn't want to play anymore. Meanwhile I've been fighting for my life all damn game.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

She thinks Keys is WW and voted me yesterday because he knows I'm a railroad. Yet she's not voting for Keys, she's skipping straight to me without knowing if the first part of her theory is even true.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Do you understand how that makes no sense? If she thinks he's a baddie, and he wants to stop playing, and he HAS to be a baddie for her case on me to be right... We should just learn keys' role, right?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Weren't you the one appealing to me about not wanting to lynch WW becasue of the insecurity of the kill passing? Do you remember saying this?
Turnip Head wrote:And now that I think about it, the fact that BR seems so gung ho on lynching an inactive Water Works today might be an indication that she is in the LMS group that won the Beatdown power. There's not much other incentive to go after an inactive Water Works. A civvie BR should be happy that the kill is not currently being used against us. Something to ponder.
And this?
Turnip Head wrote:SVS, I know you are just as worried as I am about where a baddie kill might end up once a team is eliminated. I'm not sure if you saw this, since you mentioned Boo's previous ambiguous answer re: the kill. This was a power that Boo put up for silent auction:
boo wrote:4) Beatdown: This power allows anyone with BTSC to take over the night kill of one of the mafia teams. In order to do so, all members of the mafia team must be dead (at least 1 of them must have been killed with help from a member doing the beatdown), and then the night kill can be claimed. Can be played prior to the requirements occurring, but will only go through once they are met. Bids for this power can be done privately. - Starts at $200
It's very likely that one of the two established LMS groups has obtained this power.

I'd rather leave the kill in the hands of an inactive player than to just hand it over to one of those guys.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:No MM. Splintsy's case on me is BASED on Keys flipping Water Works. He wants to quit. Why isn't she voting him FIRST? It would give her case some credibility if he flips WW and poke holes in her case if he's civ. either way it looks like he doesn't want to play anymore. Meanwhile I've been fighting for my life all damn game.
You also think keys is WW, so where does that put your stance on fingers? What if keys is WW, can you still deny fingers' allegations?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Black Rock »

I voted for keys, the case on him is solid... plus he wants out and we have no replacements.
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Turnip Head wrote:No MM. Splintsy's case on me is BASED on Keys flipping Water Works. He wants to quit. Why isn't she voting him FIRST? It would give her case some credibility if he flips WW and poke holes in her case if he's civ. either way it looks like he doesn't want to play anymore. Meanwhile I've been fighting for my life all damn game.
That is not my only reason.
You are a bit defensive about this. :shrug:
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
You also think keys is WW, so where does that put your stance on fingers? What if keys is WW, can you still deny fingers' allegations?
TH actually wouldn't previously answer if he thought keys was WW, funny how now he agrees.
fingersplints wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
fingersplints wrote:However, I do agree with you that keys deserves reexamining. I stand by my "keys might be WW" idea. He has missed kills before when I have hosted him, and I think he voted with bwt. And again, there is no reason for him to have tried to outbid me on that rob. I think if he was a civvie he would have let me have it.
Keys didn't vote for BWT. He voted for LC about halfway through Day 3. Epi brought up his case on BWT a little while after that, but Keys did not post again during that lynch.

Then on Day 4, keys posted once ontopic to vote for Hedgeowl, and then rest of his posts that day were trying to outbid splints for the rob power, which he lost.

Night 4 was the night of the missing Water Works kill.

Keys did not post at all from Day 4 up until his one post yesterday (Day 6) where he voted for me.

On Night 6, Water Works killed again.
Is this supposed to argue for or against the idea? :)
Turnip Head wrote:I'm just pointing out the facts. It looks like Keys was not around for the missed kill, and returned just before last night's kill.
Gro-oo-ovy
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I switched to keys. I gotta run now.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

$85 on +5 votes

I'm switching my vote to keys.
fingersplints
Hitman