Wow we're really down to the wire now!

Poll ended at Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:35 am

a2thezebra
7%
Scotty
14%
Vompatti
No votes
A three headed monkey! (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
79%

Total votes: 14
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 1]

Post by Tangrowth »

I wish we had changeable votes.

Hey Snow Dog, what's up buddy? Are you bad?
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 311

Post by Snow Dog »

I don't like nachos.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 78

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:Ok, Items... specifically the ones which can be bought, Bananas and Grog. Can more than one be bought at once? If Stan gets the Shovel, then he'll have 30 Po8 (Pieces of Eight). Can he immediately spend 28 Po8 and buy fourteen Grog (at half price) and slam them down on a player, ensuring their lynch? Maybe even better, he could buy a bunch of Bananas, and save them for a rainy day, and never get lynched. It doesn't look like there's any lynch shenanigans among the baddies, so it's all Bananas and Grog.
Only one item may be purchased per night.
Long Con wrote:What exactly do the Pirate Leaders know? What is there that Civvies and/or Cannibals do not know? Maybe they get to know when someone buys something, or the details of Stan's dealings or Carla's fight results.
That's for them to know.
Long Con wrote:Are the Men of Low Moral Fibre just vanilla baddies (with BTSC)?
Maybe.
Long Con wrote:Head of the Navigator - What does it mean to be invisible to ghosts? Just that LeChuck can't kill you?
He cannot be targeted by LeChuck or Bob in any way while he has the necklace.
Long Con wrote:Stan - His role says he can "offer players 2 pieces of eight for an item which they must trade to him." They must. Does that mean he can force the Head of the Navigator to sell his Necklace for 2 Po8? Does Stan have to know they possess the item, asking for a specific one, or is he more like a thief who pays 2 Po8 for whatever they have?
He's more like a thief who pays 2 gold for whatever they have. If they have nothing, he keeps his gold.
Long Con wrote:Meathook - Does he get some sort of info every night?
Some sort, but not necessarily useful.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:I don't like nachos.
Seriously? Man, nachos are a good junk food. I'm not a big chip fan when they don't have anything on them though.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I wish we had changeable votes.

Bad to the bone!

No, are you?

What do you think about MM's claim to have been sent the wrong role?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Nachomamma8 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Looking back over earlier d0-d1 material and I'm really not finding anything but inconclusive fluff. There's just nothing here.
Mostly. I feel comfortable enough with townreads on you/Mac/Quin, which, if they are correct, gives me a 41% chance of hitting a baddie if I throw drunk darts at the rest of the playerlist. I'm pretty good at drunk darts.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:Is it possible to earn gold?
It's possible to obtain gold you don't have, although this being about pirates, I don't know if "earn" is the right verb.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:

Bad to the bone!

No, are you?

I'm not bad either! Let's be friends. :D

I think he was just fucking around, but he can clarify if not.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Looking back over earlier d0-d1 material and I'm really not finding anything but inconclusive fluff. There's just nothing here.
Mostly. I feel comfortable enough with townreads on you/Mac/Quin, which, if they are correct, gives me a 41% chance of hitting a baddie if I throw drunk darts at the rest of the playerlist. I'm pretty good at drunk darts.
:ponder:

Yay math!

I can dig the town read on Quin as well. I think I need to see just a bit more from him though; hopefully he can provide more thoughts soon. I also need to see his mafia game. He's a ridiculously solid townie, but I'm not sure I've ever seen him as mafia, which scares me.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DFaraday wrote:Llama:

The role post says the civvies only need Lechuck, Bob, and the Cannibals dead to win. Does that mean the game will end if the other two baddies are still alive?

Also, the civvies need the cannibals dead, but the cannibals can win even if Herman Toothrot and Head of the Navigator are alive. Does this mean that the game will end if any cannibals are alive and only Herman and Head are remaining for the civvies?
I think that's a remnant from an earlier draft of the game. The civvies need the pirates and cannibals dead to win. If only Herman, the Head, and the Cannibals are left alive, the game will end and the cannibals will win.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

Bad to the bone!

No, are you?

I am waiting for him to do that.
We can be friends if you don't try to kill me.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

Bad to the bone!

No, are you?

I am waiting for him to do that.
We can be friends if you don't try to kill me.
I have no reason to do that... for now. :feb:

:p
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Snow Dog wrote:

Bad to the bone!

No, are you?

Why do you think that MM's claim about being sent the wrong role has anything to do with his alignment?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

And people in Hell want ice water.

I think I got all your questions. Let me know if I missed any.

Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

Yay math!

I can dig the town read on Quin as well. I think I need to see just a bit more from him though; hopefully he can provide more thoughts soon. I also need to see his mafia game. He's a ridiculously solid townie, but I'm not sure I've ever seen him as mafia, which scares me.
The thing that I like about Quin is the self-vote; not sure he'd do it as mafia when there's a chance he locks down on his vote on himself the entire day and makes himself that much easier to lynch. As town, he's not really expecting to get lynched at all and he doesn't want to fuck over a townie accidentally, so it makes more sense.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
And people in Hell want ice water.

I think I got all your questions. Let me know if I missed any.
votes thellama73
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

Yay math!

The thing that I like about Quin is the self-vote; not sure he'd do it as mafia when there's a chance he locks down on his vote on himself the entire day and makes himself that much easier to lynch. As town, he's not really expecting to get lynched at all and he doesn't want to fuck over a townie accidentally, so it makes more sense.
There's a lot of WIFOM there, but that makes sense I think.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Snow Dog wrote:I don't like nachos.
Did I do something to offend you? :(
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Yo Boomslang, what's up my man?
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

Yay math!

There's a lot of WIFOM there, but that makes sense I think.
I mean if he's scum he's doing it with the expectation that someone will have the same thought process (or because he straight up doesn't give a fuck); seems kind of wonky for him to expect people to think like me and showing that sort of spirit period is the type of thing that at least earns a D1 pass from me, especially in a slow game like this.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

Bad to the bone!

No, are you?

Why do you think that MM's claim about being sent the wrong role has anything to do with his alignment?
I'm just pursuing something that struck me as odd. It probably has nothing to do with his alignment.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Boomslang »

Quin wrote:I self-voted for the sake of figuring out whether they're changeable or not. Votes are not changeable.
It seems like there's some disagreement over whether this is a good or bad move. I find it rash; why vote solely for that purpose when there's still over 24 hours of daytime to go? Surely someone else would vote for suspicion reasons in that time, then report as to whether that vote was changeable. My gut says this is a convenient way for Quin to get out of voting for anyone else Day 1, and thus drawing early aggro.

Linki w/ Nacho: See, I take the opposite read here. A self-vote just to self-vote might fit your justification, but Quin's rationale isn't logical to me.
Linki w/MP: What's up is I'm trying to post :P Yeah, the Quin thing is a bit WIFOMy, but I think the explanation pushes it more toward a baddie read.
Linki w/Snow Dog: AHHHH LET ME POST
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

Yay math!

It might be a worthwhile gamble as a baddie so I don't discount it.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Boomslang wrote:
Quin wrote:I self-voted for the sake of figuring out whether they're changeable or not. Votes are not changeable.
It seems like there's some disagreement over whether this is a good or bad move. I find it rash; why vote solely for that purpose when there's still over 24 hours of daytime to go? Surely someone else would vote for suspicion reasons in that time, then report as to whether that vote was changeable. My gut says this is a convenient way for Quin to get out of voting for anyone else Day 1, and thus drawing early aggro.

Linki w/ Nacho: See, I take the opposite read here. A self-vote just to self-vote might fit your justification, but Quin's rationale isn't logical to me.
Linki w/MP: What's up is I'm trying to post :P Yeah, the Quin thing is a bit WIFOMy, but I think the explanation pushes it more toward a baddie read.
Trying to avoid voting someone D1 is not a big deal if you're still expressing suspicion of people; more often than not, people get more perturbed by calling them scummy than they do by simply voting them. A vote is more valuable to mafia early game than town; town don't know shit about shit, while mafia know exactly who they need to lynch to win and so making sure their vote is in a good place should be top priority on their list.

Do you really think Quin is so afraid of voting people as mafia that he decides to vote himself immediately? If that's the case, I can't help but feel he will be a later catch in later days; not like he can test votes again tomorrow.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Snow Dog wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

Yay math!

Why is it a worthwhile gamble as a baddie? Do you agree with Boom's reasoning or do you think he was expecting to get townread for it?
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 100

Post by Quin »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

Yay math!

I thought about none of this when I placed my vote. :sigh:

@MP, give me until Mad Max ends, then I can double down on this game. :srsnod:

I don't know who I'd vote for. I haven't read as much as I'd have liked. I did get dem good vibes from Eloh before. Her calling out Scotty and not Wilgy was probably a genuine mistake. It seems like a half-assed baddie strategy, at least.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And I'm not telling you or arguing for you to discount anything, to be clear. But, at the end of the day, it's Day 1; you won't get confident reads today. At some point you need to be able to go "okay, I think this is more likely to come from town as opposed to scum" and take a leap of faith.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Quin wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

Yay math!

I don't know who I'd vote for. I haven't read as much as I'd have liked. I did get dem good vibes from Eloh before. Her calling out Scotty and not Wilgy was probably a genuine mistake. It seems like a half-assed baddie strategy, at least.
I wouldn't expect you to put much thought into it as town, but I think it'd be a bigger deal if you were scum.
Do you disagree?
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm liking Boomslang coming into thread and pushing back, though and am excited to see more from him - if he clears himself sufficiently, the probability of a successful drunk darts game jumps up to 44% and I'm one step closer to that elusive 50% (which is probably the best I can hope for at this point in the game).
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Snow Dog wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

Bad to the bone!

No, are you?

I'm just pursuing something that struck me as odd. It probably has nothing to do with his alignment.
Is there anything odd that you think is alignment-related that's sticking out to you?
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Motel Room, did Long Con's posts make you fall asleep?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

Yay math!

I wouldn't expect you to put much thought into it as town, but I think it'd be a bigger deal if you were scum.
Do you disagree?
It depends on the person. For me, I generally put thought into everything I do, whether I be good or bad. This was an exception; I just wanted to clear up an important question.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

If you were just trying to clear up a question, why not ask the moderator? Why not reread the rules?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:I am turning 30 in under 3 hours.
Happy birthday Mac! The 30s aren't so bad.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Hi Golden!
Do you have any thoughts yet?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Nachomamma8 wrote:If you were just trying to clear up a question, why not ask the moderator? Why not reread the rules?
The rules don't (unless they've since been added) mention whether votes were or were not changeable. Mac asked the same thing and llama said:
thellama73 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Are votes changeable or not?
Why not vote and find out?
ImageImageImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Ah, I forgot about that.
That seems reasonable enough.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

Yay math!

Why is it a worthwhile gamble as a baddie? Do you agree with Boom's reasoning or do you think he was expecting to get townread for it?
It may be a worthwhile gamble because it may earn early civ cred. It seems to have you convinced. i don't know what townread is.
Nachomamma8 wrote: Is there anything odd that you think is alignment-related that's sticking out to you?
Not really.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Hi Golden!
Do you have any thoughts yet?
Seems like the game finally got some meat while I was sleeping.

I'm reading up now.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Town is a word that's interchangeable with civilian, apologies for failing my vocabulary test there.

I think that my train of thought is pretty weird - there's no reason for Quin to expect anyone like me to exist of have that train of thought, is there? I find voting to find the answer to whether votes are changeable or not is completely reasonable; do you disagree?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey guys, unfortunately I'll BBL.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Town is a word that's interchangeable with civilian, apologies for failing my vocabulary test there.

I think that my train of thought is pretty weird - there's no reason for Quin to expect anyone like me to exist of have that train of thought, is there? I find voting to find the answer to whether votes are changeable or not is completely reasonable; do you disagree?
I know "town" but not "townread"
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Boomslang wrote:

It was a rash move, but I don't really think that rash is equivalent to "more likely to come from a baddie".
I think that asking someone to wait until they have real suspicion in order to figure out votes are changeable or not is pretty unreasonable.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey guys, unfortunately I'll BBL.
Yes that is unfortunate.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Snow Dog wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Town is a word that's interchangeable with civilian, apologies for failing my vocabulary test there.

Townread = civ read aka "do you think he was expecting to be read as civilian because of it?".
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Snow Dog wrote:

OOps sorry, yes it is reasonable. But he could have waited and voted a real vote later and found out. Thats what everyone else is doing.

linki...Yes! It is poasible isn't it?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 0]

Post by Marmot »

Snow Dog wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I got a role from another game. Do you think llama messed up?
So what happened? Did he?
I don't think he did. I did roll-claim earlier, so I'll just let you guys decide.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Snow Dog wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

OOps sorry, yes it is reasonable. But he could have waited and voted a real vote later and found out. Thats what everyone else is doing.

linki...Yes! It is poasible isn't it?
If I was in thread at the time, I doubt I would have waited for a real vote. Playing differently from everyone else isn't exactly a tell of someone being a baddie, just a tell of someone being different.

It's possible he thought that he would be townread for it, but I don't think likely. Why do you think he would think that his self-vote would look town?
Golden
The Coward

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 0]

Post by Golden »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Long Con, why is Wigly suspicious for not checking their role PM?
I don't think actions get more neutral than "not checking role PM" unless somehow you think that he's scum trying to buy himself a free pass by saying he's not checking his role PM which seems just a touch conspiracy theory to me.
When you know Wilgy, you'll know not to take what he says at face value.

He may or may not have checked his role PM, but he might well say he hadn't either way. Sometimes he says random shit to hide his true intent. And sometimes he says random shit because it's true.

I find it null, though, but I don't find it odd if LC didn't take it at face value.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Right I'm gonna hit the sack. See you all tomorrow.

Linki. Because as you said, why would a baddie vote for himself when he can throw his vote on a civ.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”