54%

Total votes: 13
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 89

Re: MINECRAFT - DAY ONE

Post by Flyin' High »

RIP Stevie!

Andrew your buildings are awesome! :bounce: (This game really makes me want to start a new world in Minecraft.)

OMG Andrew and Kate--I LOVE BebopVox's Minecraft videos!

I'm not sure what to make of the semi-argument going on between Snow Dog/Roxy/thellama other than llama is reminding me of his play-style in MacGyver where I was completely convinced he was mafia, and he turned out to be civvie... So I'm not sure if his style truly is part of his "always lie so no one can ever figure you out" that he described in MacGyver mafia, or something else.
ImageImage

Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 86

Post by Boogs »

I'm still leaning towards Snow Dog and feeling uneasy even though this is my first mafia. I kind of leaning towards him considering how hard he pushed Ship and someone did have inside info on the poll as Kate told us. Llama does also throw me as a bit suspicious, so I would like to say one of them seems a little off and should be voted for. What do others think who haven't posted concerns about the lynch yet think?
Ambray
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 60

Re: MINECRAFT - DAY ZERO

Post by Ambray »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Okay, so I'm all caught up now. Sorry for missing the party, but it was worth it; Sigur Ros is a fantastic band and they put on an absolutely amazing show.

Getting to read all of the posts straight in a row, I thought it was weird there was this sudden push out of nowhere for House early in the Day 0 period. Knowing that people have info, this could be a civvie push, but it easily also could have been a baddie push. If it was a baddie push, I thought BWT's flip flop on "discussion is good, why vote so early?" to "Well, I might as well vote early now" seemed a bit odd. Not sure if it was suspect, but it's something. If it was a civvie push, then I find it interesting Snow Dog tried to argue house, but maybe if he was a baddie trying to push a non-civvie option he wouldn't want to seem so obvious.

Ambray wrote:Woo game on! I promise not to put an early ending to this one for you Andrew. :yay:
Also, lol at this comment. Spongebob memories, good times.
I agree with what has been said about BWT here. You beat me to the punch in bringing him up.

In regards to Llama and Snow dog, I don't really know what to make of them - do I know them by another name?
Their play styles seem new to me, so I don't think I do. Very dog with a bone and throwing out some bait to see who takes. Feels to me anyway. What to make of that, I don't feel baddie necessarily..but you don't see people so gung-ho that early in the game too often! Interesting to see how others describe llama's previous gameplays, too.
Roxy I am just seeing as normal, typical Roxy.

linki - SVS has answered my question on if I know them or not. I'm typing this as I read through the thread. :D

not linki anymore, back to rambling thoughts - Snow Dog has just posted 4 snark-filled posts in a row. Although it is early in the game and hard to come to a conclusion such as this so early, but I am not feeling baddie from him. In that I am not feeling like he has teammates. Perhaps this is the time for me to look at the roles. :D
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

Ah, that was the other thing I wanted to weigh in on. Boogs reminded me.

I do not feel like there was a push for house. There being a string of votes being placed on that option, to me, does not equate a push.

I am hoping someone has the voting order or got a snapshot of the poll, because if I am remembering right, the house had already won when others started discussing and posting about the ship? Correct me if I am wrong, please.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Snow Dog »

Boogs wrote:I'm still leaning towards Snow Dog and feeling uneasy even though this is my first mafia. I kind of leaning towards him considering how hard he pushed Ship and someone did have inside info on the poll as Kate told us. Llama does also throw me as a bit suspicious, so I would like to say one of them seems a little off and should be voted for. What do others think who haven't posted concerns about the lynch yet think?
I am getting sick of these lies. I did not push ship at all...not once. Show me your evidence!!! :mad:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Dead Stevie was a n00b then?

Er...so am I. My brains would have been on the buffet too, so RIP Stevie.

Does this mean another choice might have been superior? I don't know. I am considering the idea that Stevie would have died no matter what, and that this was merely (or mostly) a matter of choosing how. A way to spur discussion. But Kate said there is info, so that must be taken into consideration.
What are your thoughts, Robert, on how Day 0 went down? Do you think anyone (or more than one player) seemed to be pushing any particular option in a way that caused you to notice as suspicious?
Based on the comments of those who know Minecraft, I'm inclined to think most folks genuinely believed the House was the best choice for us.

Here are my general observations:

1. Bandwagons are the bread and butter of evil. It removes the burden of proof from them, because they can conveniently point to the case everyone else made.

2. On Day 1, a civilian will almost always vote first.*

3. We are statistically likely on Day 1 to lynch a civilian, unfortunately. In a sense, a Day 1 mislynch is a civilian gambit: We lose one of our own to gain a contextual insights.

4. We are almost certain to lynch a civilian anyway because the Zombie can play the old switcheroo on us. (I am correct in assuming that's what "switch one lynch during the game" means, right?)

*Of course, now that I've said that, I've opened the possibility of that not being the case, but it is a corollary of point #1, I should think.

thellama73 wrote:Sorry for the triple post, but I had one more thought before bed.
FACT: the baddies have BTSC.
FACT: This little snit we have going on started off between Roxy and Snow Dog, was joined by me and finally grew to include S~V~S.
QUESTION: why would an intelligent baddie willingly leap into a conflict between civvies and risk implicating himself when it would be far easier to lie back and let the civvies lynch each other? And wold he not, realizing this, advise his comrades to do the same?
CONCLUSION: I am at this point less likely to suspect Snow Dog, Roxy and S~V~S than I am those who have largely avoided the topic, and I hope others will follow my reasoning and see that I would have to be more stupid than I like to think I am to insert myself between Roxy and Snow Dog if I were in fact bad.

Goodnight.
Were I a gambling man (and I am), and I had to wager the contents of my wallet ($15 and a coupon for a free waffle), I would bet that much of the evil may be found in the moderate-to-low posters (say, 2-5 posts). That's excluding Mr. Sock, because he's noisy no matter what. :evileye: ;)

Bad folks know that, generally speaking, a conflict of any sort provides the impetus for a lynch. For that reason, I am not comfortable lynching Day 0 disputers. The prospect smells bad- bad and convenient.

The moderate posters include DisgruntledPorcupine, Ambray, LittleTiger, >SpaghettiEverywhere, indiglo, He-Man, Elohcin, & Russtifinko. I think that's everyone. If I don't hear from these people this morning, and barring further developments, that is likely where my vote is heading.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 217

Post by thellama73 »

Right now, I am thinking I will vote for DP. Something about his few meager posts pings me and my gut is saying he is a wicked, wicked porcupine. However, since I have been mentioned so many times, I may (may) hold off and see if I need to use my vote to defend myself.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Zany Dex »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Dead Stevie was a n00b then?

Er...so am I. My brains would have been on the buffet too, so RIP Stevie.

Does this mean another choice might have been superior? I don't know. I am considering the idea that Stevie would have died no matter what, and that this was merely (or mostly) a matter of choosing how. A way to spur discussion. But Kate said there is info, so that must be taken into consideration.
What are your thoughts, Robert, on how Day 0 went down? Do you think anyone (or more than one player) seemed to be pushing any particular option in a way that caused you to notice as suspicious?
Based on the comments of those who know Minecraft, I'm inclined to think most folks genuinely believed the House was the best choice for us.

Here are my general observations:

1. Bandwagons are the bread and butter of evil. It removes the burden of proof from them, because they can conveniently point to the case everyone else made.

2. On Day 1, a civilian will almost always vote first.*

3. We are statistically likely on Day 1 to lynch a civilian, unfortunately. In a sense, a Day 1 mislynch is a civilian gambit: We lose one of our own to gain a contextual insights.

4. We are almost certain to lynch a civilian anyway because the Zombie can play the old switcheroo on us. (I am correct in assuming that's what "switch one lynch during the game" means, right?)

*Of course, now that I've said that, I've opened the possibility of that not being the case, but it is a corollary of point #1, I should think.

thellama73 wrote:Sorry for the triple post, but I had one more thought before bed.
FACT: the baddies have BTSC.
FACT: This little snit we have going on started off between Roxy and Snow Dog, was joined by me and finally grew to include S~V~S.
QUESTION: why would an intelligent baddie willingly leap into a conflict between civvies and risk implicating himself when it would be far easier to lie back and let the civvies lynch each other? And wold he not, realizing this, advise his comrades to do the same?
CONCLUSION: I am at this point less likely to suspect Snow Dog, Roxy and S~V~S than I am those who have largely avoided the topic, and I hope others will follow my reasoning and see that I would have to be more stupid than I like to think I am to insert myself between Roxy and Snow Dog if I were in fact bad.

Goodnight.
Were I a gambling man (and I am), and I had to wager the contents of my wallet ($15 and a coupon for a free waffle), I would bet that much of the evil may be found in the moderate-to-low posters (say, 2-5 posts). That's excluding Mr. Sock, because he's noisy no matter what. :evileye: ;)

Bad folks know that, generally speaking, a conflict of any sort provides the impetus for a lynch. For that reason, I am not comfortable lynching Day 0 disputers. The prospect smells bad- bad and convenient.

The moderate posters include DisgruntledPorcupine, Ambray, LittleTiger, >SpaghettiEverywhere, indiglo, He-Man, Elohcin, & Russtifinko. I think that's everyone. If I don't hear from these people this morning, and barring further developments, that is likely where my vote is heading.
why is one of your teamies heading for the chop?

Normally I would say yeah sure go for the low poster, but there is so much going on I think it odd you think that's where the baddies are lying, and going by how you let none participants live so long when so many people who were participating were being killed off... That is neither here or there, just adding to my evidence, that you looking at low posters seems odd!
a stopped clock is right twice a day
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm afraid I don't understand what you are saying.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

:haha:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:I'm afraid I don't understand what you are saying.
He Man's post makes no sense to me either. I clearly laid out my reasons for suspecting low-posters.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

I never have and never will vote for a low poster on D1. To me, it's just bad form. It's been a day or 2, you can't even begin to make conclusions from how 'loud' someone has been after so little time. Further in the game, sure.

I'm surprised this has even been brought up from the more experienced players. Not with Llama, as he is fairly new. But Rey? :ponder:
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Well I know what I am saying.

The point is I think you are being hypocritical.

I don't think low posters are nessersary lt bad,

I do think you are/could be trying to steer away from one of the top posters who have some heat to avoid their lynching.

I hope you understand now.
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

thellama73 wrote:
He Man's post makes no sense to me either. I clearly laid out my reasons for suspecting low-posters.
Well I don't think your reasons are accurate this time.
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Also look my post count is going up.

It's not about quantity it's about quality. I could spam the thread and get a 100 posts hmm I'm sure I did that in MOTU and I was bad.

Anyways looking at the low posters russ IMO has been making some sense and his posts seem ok with me albeit a few.

I can't account for LT but the others are notorious low posters, maybe LT just wants a bit of a break, she plays loads of mafia and never seen her play an extreme because of allegiance.

Epic has my eye now. That's for sure.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

He-Man wrote:
Well I know what I am saying.

The point is I think you are being hypocritical.

I don't think low posters are nessersary lt bad,

I do think you are/could be trying to steer away from one of the top posters who have some heat to avoid their lynching.

I hope you understand now.
How can he be being hypocritical?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

I'm a notorious low poster? Ouch, my feelings. :|

But Dex is right, quantity over quality.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Ambray wrote:I never have and never will vote for a low poster on D1. To me, it's just bad form. It's been a day or 2, you can't even begin to make conclusions from how 'loud' someone has been after so little time. Further in the game, sure.

I'm surprised this has even been brought up from the more experienced players. Not with Llama, as he is fairly new. But Rey? :ponder:
I think after observing more, voting for someone being a low poster can be a double edged sword. We can say yes, most likely a baddie is hiding and being quiet and not posting at all, but we risk killing a civvie on our team by just voting randomly for someone at the same time :/ Im basing my vote again on either Snow or Llama. Seems now Epi and Rey are being targeted too so there are a lot of scrambles.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 69

Post by reywaS »

Ambray wrote:I never have and never will vote for a low poster on D1. To me, it's just bad form. It's been a day or 2, you can't even begin to make conclusions from how 'loud' someone has been after so little time. Further in the game, sure.

Pardon? I never said that I would vote a low poster or that I was even considering it. I think you have me confused with someone else. :)
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Ambray wrote:Ah, that was the other thing I wanted to weigh in on. Boogs reminded me.

I do not feel like there was a push for house. There being a string of votes being placed on that option, to me, does not equate a push.

I am hoping someone has the voting order or got a snapshot of the poll, because if I am remembering right, the house had already won when others started discussing and posting about the ship? Correct me if I am wrong, please.
From what I remember, there were votes for ship and house, and then house ended up getting the majority once the info was revealed about not being able to be attacked behind a closed door. But my memory could be wrong
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

reywaS wrote:

Pardon? I never said that I would vote a low poster or that I was even considering it. I think you have me confused with someone else. :)
Sorry Rey. Confused you with Epig there.

But still my point still stands. Haven't played with you before Epig, but I am guessing from how many posts you have, you are no stranger to mafia.
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

Ambray wrote:I'm a notorious low poster? Ouch, my feelings. :|

Oh my gosh, quality over quantity.

What is up with me and confusing my words suddenly..

Okay, I'll be honest, this isn't sudden at all. >.>
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

He-Man wrote:Also look my post count is going up.

It's not about quantity it's about quality. I could spam the thread and get a 100 posts hmm I'm sure I did that in MOTU and I was bad.

Anyways looking at the low posters russ IMO has been making some sense and his posts seem ok with me albeit a few.

I can't account for LT but the others are notorious low posters, maybe LT just wants a bit of a break, she plays loads of mafia and never seen her play an extreme because of allegiance.

I agree that voting low posters on day 1 is bad form. Really DP, llama? He's posted once to say hi and missed the poll. Dull, sure, but reeking of evil? Maybe by day 3 or so.

And wanted to say He-Man is spot on here with his point on quality over quality. This is the second game in which I've been mentioned among low posters, a categorization to which I object. True, I post seldom, but when I do I (in my perhaps not-so-humble opinion) almost always add something original and valuable to the discussion. Many top posters get high counts because they post a sentence at a time (eg Snowie). There's nothing wrong with that, it's purely a stylistic difference. However, I object to the idea that I'm a less valuable player because I don't write that way.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Ambray wrote:
Ambray wrote:I'm a notorious low poster? Ouch, my feelings. :|

Oh my gosh, quality over quantity.

What is up with me and confusing my words suddenly..

Okay, I'll be honest, this isn't sudden at all. >.>
Alright babes :D

@snow dog, I said epig was being hypocritical because he is willing to punish the low posters in this game but not the game he is hosting. I find it strange. I realise its still continuing a cant really be discussed but since its obvious I felt a need to say it.

So epig why punish the low posters in this game all of a sudden?

Linki
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Russtifinko wrote:

I agree that voting low posters on day 1 is bad form. Really DP, llama? He's posted once to say hi and missed the poll. Dull, sure, but reeking of evil? Maybe by day 3 or so.

And wanted to say He-Man is spot on here with his point on quality over quality. This is the second game in which I've been mentioned among low posters, a categorization to which I object. True, I post seldom, but when I do I (in my perhaps not-so-humble opinion) almost always add something original and valuable to the discussion. Many top posters get high counts because they post a sentence at a time (eg Snowie). There's nothing wrong with that, it's purely a stylistic difference. However, I object to the idea that I'm a less valuable player because I don't write that way.
A sentence at a time? What the hell are you talking about?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 50

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

He-Man, I dont think anybody has really been specifically targeting anybody for the lynch yet, and i cant see anybody as of right now that looks like theyre tied to epi in any way. i dont think its fair to go throwing out conclusions of any sort yet. we need to talk about all of this first before we jump to "youre suspicious and bad, so die" kind of thing. in fact, I think epi's post actually makes a lot of sense, but so does the point made of quality over quantity.
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Russtifinko wrote:

And this ^ is why I wouldn't class you as a low poster. I don't agree with looking at the post count.

Li

Good post again Russ

Linki lmao :biggrin:

Linki with spaghetti
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Hmm, as I think more, voting low posters seems less insidious than voting no-shows. I still won't be doing it on day 1, but if someone has checked in there's a somewhat better chance they're flying low instead of just unaware the game is happening.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote:He-Man, I dont think anybody has really been specifically targeting anybody for the lynch yet, and i cant see anybody as of right now that looks like theyre tied to epi in any way. i dont think its fair to go throwing out conclusions of any sort yet. we need to talk about all of this first before we jump to "youre suspicious and bad, so die" kind of thing. in fact, I think epi's post actually makes a lot of sense, but so does the point made of quality over quantity.
I don't understand this quality over quantity thing. If one has something to say regarding the game or another poster, post it. Anything off topic...in green.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote:He-Man, I dont think anybody has really been specifically targeting anybody for the lynch yet, and i cant see anybody as of right now that looks like theyre tied to epi in any way. i dont think its fair to go throwing out conclusions of any sort yet. we need to talk about all of this first before we jump to "youre suspicious and bad, so die" kind of thing. in fact, I think epi's post actually makes a lot of sense, but so does the point made of quality over quantity.
Fair enough spaghetti, it's just my observation, you are free to dismiss them.

And whilst no one has been pushed to the lynch with just 8 or so hours to go, it's only a matter of time ;)

And again, linki

But also spaghetti, a few have said that snow dog is suspicious and llama and whilst I don't agree with those I would say the people that have said such things will most likely vote them as a 'weak suspicion' it's how day one always goes down, so spaghetti I think it's fair to say that epig could be trying to get some distance between snow dog etc

In fact I will be shocked if those two don't receive any votes. :ponder:

Linki again
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon

Snow Dog wrote:
I don't understand this quality over quantity thing. If one has something to say regarding the game or another poster, post it. Anything off topic...in green.
Its more to do with what is said in the post. A post can be relevant whether its meaningful or not. such as:

A quality post would be one that has a lot of analyzing and meaningful and insightful opinions, versus somebody that spends a lot of their posts quoting people and saying something barely to the extent of "I agree with this person"
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

@He Man. So why do you think I will get votes? For the cardinal sin of arguing with Roxy? For posting "too much"? Any other reasons? Low quality post maybe?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

He's saying you usually don't post a whole bunch at a time, SD. I don't see why it justifies a "What the hell are you talking about?" response.

As for the whole llama/SD/Roxy/SVS debate, I'm currently inclined to lean civvie on all of them, except for SD who, as I've mentioned before, I'm not sure about right now. I do think that people who are posting but aren't offering their opinion on that issue could very likely be baddies hiding behind a full civ on civ argument (excluding any that are low posters), hoping they get each other lynched.

As for low posters, there's absolutely no reason to vote for someone just because they're a low poster on Day 1. Now when we get to Day 2 or 3, if we want to go back and look at low posters because we don't feel there is much else to go on in the thread, then I am willing to look that way. But unless some better ideas are coming up in the game or someone gives me a good enough reason to do so, I usually look at low posters last. I think baddies will be more likely to get their fellow teammates involved and will PM or notify the ones who aren't posting yet. So I usually lean toward people who don't post enough right away as civvie.

And really, it is indeed about quality over quantity. Kudos to whoever said that originally (either He-Man or Russ I think).

I'm still very slightly leaning toward SD, so that will probably be where my vote goes today. Not to mention I have to vote within the next hour or so because of what time I work today.

Linki: 6 linkis?!?! :huh: I'll comment on them after I post this.

Linki2: Make that 7. :WTF:
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Its more to do with what is said in the post. A post can be relevant whether its meaningful or not. such as:

A quality post would be one that has a lot of analyzing and meaningful and insightful opinions, versus somebody that spends a lot of their posts quoting people and saying something barely to the extent of "I agree with this person"
I agree with you. ;)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon

He-Man wrote:

And whilst no one has been pushed to the lynch with just 8 or so hours to go, it's only a matter of time ;)

And again, linki

But also spaghetti, a few have said that snow dog is suspicious and llama and whilst I don't agree with those I would say the people that have said such things will most likely vote them as a 'weak suspicion' it's how day one always goes down, so spaghetti I think it's fair to say that epig could be trying to get some distance between snow dog etc

Linki again
Yes people have said things that can qualify as a weak suspicion, even for me, but I will not be making any conclusions until I absolutely have to on the first day vote.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Ordinarily, I would agree with the points being made about not voting for low posters on day 1. However, I believe this situation is different than the norm, due to the highly vocal conflict (discussion, conversation, whatever you want to call it) providing good cover for baddies. If I were a baddie, and saw the civvies fighting amongst themselves, I would certainly stay out of it, so that is what I am basing my vote on today.

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Snow Dog wrote:@He Man. So why do you think I will get votes? For the cardinal sin of arguing with Roxy? For posting "too much"? Any other reasons? Low quality post maybe?
I already gave my reasons why I am looking at you. Maybe you could go back and refresh yourself. ;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Oh well. Looks like I will be first out this game. Go ahead and lynch me folks.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

He-Man wrote:

And again, linki

Linki again
Yes people have said things that can qualify as a weak suspicion, even for me, but I will not be making any conclusions until I absolutely have to on the first day vote.
i would prefer to speculate conclusions to avoid civvie death, if epig was snow dogs or llamas partner the last thing he is gonna do now is buddy up to them.

Linki in maguyver mafia there was NO low posters and the mafia won.

Linkin x 2 snow dog if makes you feel any better I think it would be wrong to vote you out so soon, I won't give you my vote yet :feb:
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 27

Post by LittleTiger »

I see I have been accused of being a low poster. Guilty as charged. I was lamenting my death in Epig's game which annoyed me greatly. I also have been doing my taxes.

Here is the Day 0 poll - I copied it before it ended so am not sure if anyone voted after I snagged it:

MINECRAFT - DAY ZERO

Where should Stevie and Stevie work today?

Poll runs till Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:27 pm

The Bank
Boogs (3), He-Man (13)

The Ship
Epignosis (4), Elohcin (10), Snow Dog (11), Flyin' High (15)

The House
Ambray (5), birdwithteeth11 (6), thellama73 (7), LittleTiger (8), >SpaghettiEverywhere (9), Russtifinko (12), blindfaeth (14), indiglo (16), S~V~S (18), Roxy (19), reywaS (20), MovingPictures07 (22)

Now, I am going to have some coffee and reread the thread before I decide who is looking suspect.... :coffee3:
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

He-Man wrote:
He-Man wrote:

And again, linki

Linki again
i would prefer to speculate conclusions to avoid civvie death, if epig was snow dogs or llamas partner the last thing he is gonna do now is buddy up to them.

Linki in maguyver mafia there was NO low posters and the mafia won.

Linkin x 2 snow dog if makes you feel any better I think it would be wrong to vote you out so soon, I won't give you my vote yet :feb:
It would be wrong at any time because I am not mafia.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:He's saying you usually don't post a whole bunch at a time, SD. I don't see why it justifies a "What the hell are you talking about?" response.

As for the whole llama/SD/Roxy/SVS debate, I'm currently inclined to lean civvie on all of them, except for SD who, as I've mentioned before, I'm not sure about right now. I do think that people who are posting but aren't offering their opinion on that issue could very likely be baddies hiding behind a full civ on civ argument (excluding any that are low posters), hoping they get each other lynched.

As for low posters, there's absolutely no reason to vote for someone just because they're a low poster on Day 1. Now when we get to Day 2 or 3, if we want to go back and look at low posters because we don't feel there is much else to go on in the thread, then I am willing to look that way. But unless some better ideas are coming up in the game or someone gives me a good enough reason to do so, I usually look at low posters last. I think baddies will be more likely to get their fellow teammates involved and will PM or notify the ones who aren't posting yet. So I usually lean toward people who don't post enough right away as civvie.

And really, it is indeed about quality over quantity. Kudos to whoever said that originally (either He-Man or Russ I think).

I'm still very slightly leaning toward SD, so that will probably be where my vote goes today. Not to mention I have to vote within the next hour or so because of what time I work today.

Linki: 6 linkis?!?! :huh: I'll comment on them after I post this.

Linki2: Make that 7. :WTF:
so you think Snow dog is civ but you go onto say you will likely vote him :eye:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

He-Man wrote:
@snow dog, I said epig was being hypocritical because he is willing to punish the low posters in this game but not the game he is hosting. I find it strange. I realise its still continuing a cant really be discussed but since its obvious I felt a need to say it.

Linki
Comparing how I elect to Host and how I vote in a Day 1 lynch poll? Really?

Here is what I find interesting:

thellama73 mentioned voting for a quiet person before I did, yet you didn't accuse him of anything.
thellama73 wrote:My real worry is that the baddies are laying low and letting the civs bicker amongst ourselves. With that in mind, I am tempted to vote for a low-poster. I will wait and see how the discussion goes tomorrow before coming to any conclusions, though.
I post a list of low posters that I am only considering and you come flailing out of the woodwork.

That reeks of desperation.
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Ok sorry I saw the part where you expect snow dog, my bad :/

Linki
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Epignosis wrote:
He-Man wrote:

Linki
Comparing how I elect to Host and how I vote in a Day 1 lynch poll? Really?

Here is what I find interesting:

thellama73 mentioned voting for a quiet person before I did, yet you didn't accuse him of anything.
thellama73 wrote:My real worry is that the baddies are laying low and letting the civs bicker amongst ourselves. With that in mind, I am tempted to vote for a low-poster. I will wait and see how the discussion goes tomorrow before coming to any conclusions, though.
I post a list of low posters that I am only considering and you come flailing out of the woodwork.

That reeks of desperation.
there is no desperation, like the switcheroo though, I personally think I'm barking up the right tree with you there pal.

As a host as a player it's all the same the only way you change your beliefs is when you are lying.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I have several very good reasons not to punish people in MOTU, as you will see in the post game discussion. That doesn't make me a hypocrite. It makes me a Host who is aware of his own game's mechanics.
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

thellama73 wrote:Ordinarily, I would agree with the points being made about not voting for low posters on day 1. However, I believe this situation is different than the norm, due to the highly vocal conflict (discussion, conversation, whatever you want to call it) providing good cover for baddies. If I were a baddie, and saw the civvies fighting amongst themselves, I would certainly stay out of it, so that is what I am basing my vote on today.
So nobody at all that has been posting has given you pings??

I noticed nobody, including BWT himself, has weighed in on the 2 times he has been brought up now. Anybody got an opinion?

linki - Thanks for posting that LT. Shows I was wrong that house had already won when the shippies came in. Maybe it was just an impression I was getting from the thread.. :ponder:

linki again - Epig and HM. Maybe take any problems you have with other games out of this one??
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Epignosis wrote:I have several very good reasons not to punish people in MOTU, as you will see in the post game discussion. That doesn't make me a hypocrite. It makes me a Host who is aware of his own game's mechanics.
Dude, venom comes to mind. I think your doing best to stay calm but it's seeping.

I get your game is going on. That's a moot point for me right now.

Out of all the people who were in the lime light you didn't want to go there, instead you went for the people who you thought we're not going to defend themselves. This on its own speaks volumes to me.
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon

Ambray wrote: linki again - Epig and HM. Maybe take any problems you have with other games out of this one??
I think this is always for the best, so as to not make any mistakes in this game solely based on past games. Plus this game wont be unique if we always just relate it back to a past one.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

He-Man wrote:
Epignosis wrote: Out of all the people who were in the lime light you didn't want to go there, instead you went for the people who you thought we're not going to defend themselves. This on its own speaks volumes to me.
So did thellama73. You didn't say a word to him.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”