FTL Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

It's 2112. Get with the times! Who gets treasure?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:36 pm

MacDougall
10%
motobot
10%
Myo
No votes
nutella
10%
sig
No votes
Sloonei
10%
Geddy Lee (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
60%

Total votes: 10
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: FTL Mafia [Day 1]

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

You’re so funny, uwu
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:35 am Hey all, just found out this game started. Just wanted to say hello before I go back and start catching up. Sorry I missed the start, I’ve had a rough week and honestly Thursday is my busiest day, so bear with me.
:hug:

[VOTE: Drago] aubergine
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:09 pm You’re so funny, uwu
Ik, truly I'm a diamond in the rough, casting my pearls before swine. :noble:
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Moved my vote back to ted
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:58 pm Moved my vote back to ted
Humor me, why ted?

Why not an inactive player.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

“Why ted?”
Sloonei wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:32 pm wait i just realized i based my town read on ted off of conflated memories.

I thought he reminded me of our first town game together where i tried grilling him early on and he was resistant, which i suspected him for early on. But what I was actually thinking of was the time I did that in the Game of Champions when we were scum partners. He reminds me more of that right now. But... I was his teammate asking him those questions. So I don't know what that does to the data.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

He’s better off ted
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Voting for an inactive player at this stage in this game would be like throwing darts at a board while blindfolded and drunk.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Good thing I have uncanny precision
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Spacedaisy »

I had multiquoted things that stood out to me as I was going and then my browser signed me out, so that’s annoying. I’m at work so I’m just going to try and recall as best I can atm.

1. I like the look of Jack atm. His vote for me, and subsequent move to someone else inactive is a method I approve of. This early in the game is the best time to vote for an inactive unless you have a solid reason to suspect someone else. I also felt like a jokey exchange between he and a Mac earlier made me feel like they are either civ/wolf or civ/civ combo. I’m leaning civ on both but more strongly feel civ vibes from Jack.

2. This might sound a little weird after #1, but I didn’t like the lengths sig went to explain that he wouldn’t normally vote an inactive but this time... etc. It felt a little like he was covering his ass before a controversial vote. Over explanation, if you will.

3. Soneji’s comment about sloonei’s “why does this exist” post felt kind of off to me. He called it clarifying, it didn’t feel like clarifying to me. It felt like an accusation. Also the rest of his post felt like a lot of questions that can make it appear like he’s doing more hunting than he actually was. Feeling a little bad about him, and possible he is covering for Sloonei?

Just a caveat, I was reading the thread at work, there is the chance I mixed up what was from which poster. I can’t look now because I’m headed to lunch and I’ve got a thing over my lunch. Those are my thoughts at the moment. I’ll vote after work.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 128
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Sloonei I'm not dying on D1, you're better off voting an inactive lmao
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

[VOTE: Soneji ] aubergine

yeet
ImageImageImageImage

Hard TR for daisy tbh
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

What does hard TR mean?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:53 pm Voting for an inactive player at this stage in this game would be like throwing darts at a board while blindfolded and drunk.
Inactive players lose civs the game at the end, better to deal with them at the start if you don't have something better to go on. That is my opinion, has been for ages and will continue to be. Now I'm off to run a Star Trek rpg over my lunch and then rush back to work. I'll probably be too busy until work gets out at 6 my time to check back before then.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

TR = town read
ImageImageImageImage

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:55 pm What does hard TR mean?
It means I’m (semi-facetiously) hard townreading you
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Gotcha. Have we played together before Nanook? So many new faces, this is what happens when you take a year off, lol.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I won't be here at EoD so if you have any questions, etc etc, should ask me right now
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:57 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:53 pm Voting for an inactive player at this stage in this game would be like throwing darts at a board while blindfolded and drunk.
Inactive players lose civs the game at the end, better to deal with them at the start if you don't have something better to go on. That is my opinion, has been for ages and will continue to be. Now I'm off to run a Star Trek rpg over my lunch and then rush back to work. I'll probably be too busy until work gets out at 6 my time to check back before then.
Yes but when over half the roster qualifies as “inactive” then the decision to take out any one of them over the others becomes more random.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:37 pm [VOTE: Soneji ] aubergine

yeet
Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

[/quote]
Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 am This is a bit much for d0, especially given it's very negative overall. One town read to two seeming scumreads(Sloonei, Nanook), as well as two other people you're giving meme justification for wanting to lynch.
This is not really saying anything, the way he's going about it is in a kind of casual way. He's not really pushing the idea of him being scum off his reads list, it has a...lifeless (?) ring to it. He's not doing anything with this. Like, are you calling him scum for it? Are you preparing for a push on him based off this? (He actually did, as he voted him in the same post). He's not really pressing him further down on that readslist. It's not coming from a place of trying to understand why he'd make those reads so early, it's like...Meh. "This is my concern with you even though I didn't even call you scum before this". For post-game cred, I think this is exactly a scum telling his scum partner why his reads list is bad, going from the premise that he is scum, and sig knows he's scum...Soneji also knows he's scum. Which is why this lacks any fuel.
Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 am Nutella isn't here though, so would Jack call this salad?

Asking questions for the sake of asking questions.

Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 am Would have been more convincing without including policy lynch reasoning and spite.

Ok? Blanket statement, not really going into whether Mac is a scum or a town pushing that read, blah blah.
Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 am Quick to go scumhunting after talks of town hunting.
This is what bothered me lmao. This is such a bad thing to even throw shade about. Do you honestly believe that I wouldn't try to find scum at all, especially if I stated I don't get major town reads?

I said I will focus primarily on town hunting, yes, but by doing that, you can see a lack of a town mindset. Also, I did mention that if I find a scum lean on the line, I'll let you know.

It is just...such a bad line of shading to take for a villager here, like, really? Shading me for scum hunting when this game is revolved around lynching scum?

I don't believe that him, as a villager, would actually think that's worthy of lining out.
sig wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:58 am That town hunt not going well then...do you feel that more posts have been neutral or scummy since you don't get the feel of any villager posts?

He even found the explanation for why I started scum hunting lol.

Also think that it's hard to act like this, I don't think it's a villager mindset. He started by shading me, which usually happens when you have laid your eyes upon someone, but instead of progressing with that mentality, this is taking a step back, actually. The way he goes about it is also like he is trying to back track on his previous shade of me.

I don't think this is a villager progression on me.
Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 am This is a pretty bs assessment of someone asking for clarification on people's reasoning behind vague posts/reads.
He went on sig from a 0 to 100 real quick. Doesn't feel right to me.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

wow that looks like crap.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

[/quote]
Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 am This is a bit much for d0, especially given it's very negative overall. One town read to two seeming scumreads(Sloonei, Nanook), as well as two other people you're giving meme justification for wanting to lynch.
This is not really saying anything, the way he's going about it is in a kind of casual way. He's not really pushing the idea of him being scum off his reads list, it has a...lifeless (?) ring to it. He's not doing anything with this. Like, are you calling him scum for it? Are you preparing for a push on him based off this? (He actually did, as he voted him in the same post). He's not really pressing him further down on that readslist. It's not coming from a place of trying to understand why he'd make those reads so early, it's like...Meh. "This is my concern with you even though I didn't even call you scum before this". For post-game cred, I think this is exactly a scum telling his scum partner why his reads list is bad, going from the premise that he is scum, and sig knows he's scum...Soneji also knows he's scum. Which is why this lacks any fuel.
Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 am Nutella isn't here though, so would Jack call this salad?

Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 am Would have been more convincing without including policy lynch reasoning and spite.
Ok? Blanket statement, not really going into whether Mac is a scum or a town pushing that read, blah blah.
Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 am Quick to go scumhunting after talks of town hunting.
This is what bothered me lmao. This is such a bad thing to even throw shade about. Do you honestly believe that I wouldn't try to find scum at all, especially if I stated I don't get major town reads?

I said I will focus primarily on town hunting, yes, but by doing that, you can see a lack of a town mindset. Also, I did mention that if I find a scum lean on the line, I'll let you know.

It is just...such a bad line of shading to take for a villager here, like, really? Shading me for scum hunting when this game is revolved around lynching scum?

I don't believe that him, as a villager, would actually think that's worthy of lining out.
sig wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:58 am That town hunt not going well then...do you feel that more posts have been neutral or scummy since you don't get the feel of any villager posts?

Also think that it's hard to act like this, I don't think it's a villager mindset. He started by shading me, which usually happens when you have laid your eyes upon someone, but instead of progressing with that mentality, this is taking a step back, actually. The way he goes about it is also like he is trying to back track on his previous shade of me.

ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Placeholder vote on Colin. Ted’s response RE: sonenji looks like a civilian.

I’ll figure out what fo think about soneji later.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I give up, you get the point.

I will add that there probably is a world where I'm pushing the gas pedal on sig if Soneji flips mafia. His progression on sig is the one of a typical w/w interaction.

He stated something about sig, just so he keeps up the appearance of an actual progression to the read, when in reality, the fuel comes only at a specific post that looks sort of bad for sig, so it looks good for anti-spew, etc etc.
ImageImageImageImage
motobot
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 17
Aka: Moto

Post by motobot »

I think that Nanook is bad he might kill me he's evil :dark:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 336

Post by MacDougall »

I've got a mighty good solve here.

Linki: He may be evil brah. But he's town.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

[mention]motobot[/mention] [mention]MacDougall[/mention] You guys are making some certain sounding reads here, can you tell me why?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:25 pm Gotcha. Have we played together before Nanook? So many new faces, this is what happens when you take a year off, lol.
Not that I know of

motobot wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:19 pm I think that Nanook is bad he might kill me he's evil :dark:
I doubt it
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Counterpoint: Losing to inactive wolves hurts my self esteem and those things don’t make me significantly worse at darts.

More serious counterpoint: So let’s lynch off false memories? Huh?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:55 pm What does hard TR mean?
*blushes furiously*
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:56 pm Placeholder vote on Colin. Ted’s response RE: sonenji looks like a civilian.

Wait....what?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

motobot wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:19 pm I think that Nanook is bad he might kill me he's evil :dark:
I love your avatar. Kirby Superstars is such a fun game.
motobot
Stool Pigeon

Post by motobot »

Thanks
motobot
Stool Pigeon

Post by motobot »

Me to
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:26 pm @motobot @MacDougall You guys are making some certain sounding reads here, can you tell me why?
I like to project confidence in all of my doings
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:56 pm Placeholder vote on Colin. Ted’s response RE: sonenji looks like a civilian.

Wait....what?
Ted is town. Soneji is tbd.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Soneji »

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:32 pm
3. Soneji’s comment about sloonei’s “why does this exist” post felt kind of off to me. He called it clarifying, it didn’t feel like clarifying to me. It felt like an accusation. Also the rest of his post felt like a lot of questions that can make it appear like he’s doing more hunting than he actually was. Feeling a little bad about him, and possible he is covering for Sloonei?
I said Sloonei in most of his play/accusations has been looking to get clarification about vague reads/odd statements, those being sig's reasoning for wanting to lynch Sloonei and what ted meant by saying they felt they had a permanent demo version of wolf chat. As for looking like I'm doing more hunting than I actually am, that is a common sentiment by people unused to how I play as town especially early on if I'm content starved. I prod things most find irrelevant or don't think are a big deal, they all have a purpose to me however small.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:54 pm This is what bothered me lmao. This is such a bad thing to even throw shade about. Do you honestly believe that I wouldn't try to find scum at all, especially if I stated I don't get major town reads?

This is the section that got me to town read ted. It looks like a very authentic read and I can sense tinge of annoyance in his tone here. That is not to say I agree with him. "This is not a townie mindset" often just means "this is not something I would do as town", and I'm not often swayed by that argument. I'd like to give soneji more time to do things in this game, at any rate. I do not have a firm read on him one way or the other, upon review. I think he's a player who makes more sense if we give his reads time to develop, though it's been a while since we played together.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Mini ISOs because something needs to happen in this game. Colin and Drago haven't posted yet. They both get a shrug.

Jack:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:16 am
Epignosis wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:58 pm Repairs: For each vote you took in the Day poll (regardless of its value), you will lose one scrap for repairs. If you cannot repair your ship, you will begin the next Day with votes against you equal to the number of votes you cannot afford to repair. You need not PM the Host to initiate repairs; these will be done automatically as long as you have the scrap.
That's a fun mechanic. Off wagon votes actually do something.

Like maybe if you're the only person who scumreads someone, you can eventually make them a viable lynch just be being persistent. And there's no such thing as scum hiding off wagon because they're always hurting someone. Plus, wolves may be less willing to vote for a teammate at all.
I like this post for vague reasons. I feel like it shows a Jack who's eager to get back in the saddle after a very disappointing result in the game that recently ended. Ordinarily I'd raise an eyebrow over Jack being so focused and on-topic early, but instead I read that as a hunger to solve a game after the Corrupt!? experience, as evidenced in these posts:

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:33 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:29 pm the problem with this game right now is that all the posts have been made by like five people.

hey everyone else, come talk about the talkative losers.
After last game, I’m willing to vote off quiet people. torturous endgame.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:35 pm
Counterpoint: Losing to inactive wolves hurts my self esteem and those things don’t make me significantly worse at darts.

More serious counterpoint: So let’s lynch off false memories? Huh?

Not enough has happened to assess the direction of his reads. That's gonna be a common thing here. But based on attitude and energy, Jack feels like a civilian. Would not lynch.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JiwonMeganPark:
I have never played with her before. This player is totally new to me and I have no expectations.

JiwonMeganPark wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:34 pm Hello~ :3
Hi.

JiwonMeganPark wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:36 pm Why don't we all claim our ships?
JiwonMeganPark wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:38 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:58 pm 5) Role-claiming and revealing information is not permitted. This includes discussing scrap or system upgrade purchases. You may discuss system upgrades in general but not what you have obtained.
Oh, right~
The term "derpclear" was tossed around in response to this post and I can kind of see it. The idea for such a thing seems typical for a player who comes from somewhere other than The Syndicate, but I don't know if it gets suggested so bluntly by a player in a new (to them) community if they would be unable to support their own hypothetical role claim. Is this angleshooting? I hope not. Either way, this isn't a solid read. But I'd lean town for the whimsy of it.

JiwonMeganPark wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:21 pm Me neither but they say something in here:
"Eat the grape, don't ask the vineyard"
Cryptic and even more whimsical. I love it. I don't understand it, but I love it. Slapping a town read on Jiwon because it seems like a fun thing to do.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Longius Connium
Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:46 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:30 pm Seems like as good a way as any to welcome soneji

Also we should probably be doing one vote on everyone tbh
You talkin' about lynch-style votes, or today's vote. I like Jack's idea for today's vote. Although I also want the extra scrap because upgrading sounds legit.
Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:02 pm To give someone new the bonus scrap. So you think if we all tie in today's vote, we'll all get scrap?
Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:36 pm
Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:33 pm I offered one single pre-flip associative read in Banjo-Kazooie and it gave me the false confidence to mislynch a civilian who I thought was paired with another civilian on Day 1. Never again!
What does 'pre-flip' mean?
The 'flip' in question is slang for the role-reveal that occurs upon voting a player out by Day.
Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:37 pm
Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:53 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:02 pm To give someone new the bonus scrap. So you think if we all tie in today's vote, we'll all get scrap?
You think so? I kind of assumed that if multiple people tied for the top vote that it would be determined by RNG?
I do not think so. I think one person will get scrap, or maybe zero if we have a tie, because our Host can sometimes be a hardass in that way.
"Mafia talks about mechanics" is an argument I've fought against a bunch in the past and I think it's hugely overstated in a lot of games.
So, like, is this mafia Long Con talking about mechanics for the bulk of his early content? There hasn't been much progression beyond this early banter:
Long Con wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:14 pm
JiwonMeganPark wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:51 am Hi, I have no idea what is scrap~
Is this what is a supposed derpclear? I don't see any reason why a wolf Jiwon couldn't honestly say that.
Turns out it was LC who suggested the "derpclear" angle on Jiwon, only he accompanied it with an immediate dismissal. The shade feels a bit unnecessary.
Long Con wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:11 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:17 am [VOTE: MacDougall ] aubergine

S P I C E
This is dumb but Mac knows my reaction to team ups and towncores tends to range somewhere between flat denial and restrained agreement with jokes in between.

So I kinda don’t think his treatment of me has been buddying, which makes me think he’s town.
So this is you trying to buddy him, right?

[VOTE: Jack] aubergine
This also feels a bit like an obligatory vote. "I have to do something so I'll call Jack suspicious for this post." I don't love LC's posts, but usually when I do love his posts it means he's bad. He's light orange on my imaginary rainbow for now, for the sake of taking a stance.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 55

Re: FTL Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Epignosis »

Dragomir has been grounded. nutella is taking over.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Soneji »

tedxtr wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:54 pm
This is not really saying anything, the way he's going about it is in a kind of casual way. He's not really pushing the idea of him being scum off his reads list, it has a...lifeless (?) ring to it. He's not doing anything with this. Like, are you calling him scum for it? Are you preparing for a push on him based off this? (He actually did, as he voted him in the same post). He's not really pressing him further down on that readslist. It's not coming from a place of trying to understand why he'd make those reads so early, it's like...Meh. "This is my concern with you even though I didn't even call you scum before this". For post-game cred, I think this is exactly a scum telling his scum partner why his reads list is bad, going from the premise that he is scum, and sig knows he's scum...Soneji also knows he's scum. Which is why this lacks any fuel.[/QUOTE]
Detached would work better than lifeless, and my fuel doesn't get going unless there's some real spice. If sig wished to give more insight onto why he made such a readslist early, he can do so in response to the post I made. One does not need to ask others directly for such things to get an answer, and it's better to get an answer from the player then speculate why they did it yourself in your post(one should obviously give it thought in one's own head). My concern with sig's reads is that they appeared to try too look tryhard for a d0, while having no given substance and skewed towards having a wide lynch pool. Combine that with his bad tunnel on Sloonei today, and that d0 "readslist" comes off worse in it's intention.

Asking questions to get a better grasp on Jack's position, rather than let him hide behind what other players would say about a post. This is called trying to establish someone's alignment through questioning, and is a good way to get both townreads and scumreads. Jack gave a solid if overly long answer to my question, so now I slightly town lean him.

It's a prod at Mac, to see if he or someone else bites at it. I'm not going to give an exact town/scum read on someone immediately for everything I poke at, but one can get a feel for my stance on my opinions of a post by my tone addressing it. I didn't like that post by Mac.

My issue is you made a big post talking about how townhunting is the key to victory, then proceeded to make just one slight town read while scumreading multiple people, to the point of you commenting that the game thread felt like wolfchat. I am definitely all for having scumreads, you just failed to convince me that you actually care about having townreads. Scum have motive to not want to thin the PoE, and you'd thin your own by tossing out townreads.

While you were on this post you could have answered my question, instead of acting like I should take your excuse as a reason not to press the contradiction.

I asked you a question to get a better feel for your mindset, and you proceeded to ignore the question. That is me trying to progress a read on you, and you flat out refusing to try to work with me.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:31 pm Longius Connium
Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:46 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:30 pm Seems like as good a way as any to welcome soneji

Also we should probably be doing one vote on everyone tbh
You talkin' about lynch-style votes, or today's vote. I like Jack's idea for today's vote. Although I also want the extra scrap because upgrading sounds legit.
Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:36 pm
Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:33 pm I offered one single pre-flip associative read in Banjo-Kazooie and it gave me the false confidence to mislynch a civilian who I thought was paired with another civilian on Day 1. Never again!
What does 'pre-flip' mean?
The 'flip' in question is slang for the role-reveal that occurs upon voting a player out by Day.
Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:37 pm
Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:53 pm
You think so? I kind of assumed that if multiple people tied for the top vote that it would be determined by RNG?
I do not think so. I think one person will get scrap, or maybe zero if we have a tie, because our Host can sometimes be a hardass in that way.
"Mafia talks about mechanics" is an argument I've fought against a bunch in the past and I think it's hugely overstated in a lot of games.
So, like, is this mafia Long Con talking about mechanics for the bulk of his early content? There hasn't been much progression beyond this early banter:
Long Con wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:14 pm
JiwonMeganPark wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:51 am Hi, I have no idea what is scrap~
Is this what is a supposed derpclear? I don't see any reason why a wolf Jiwon couldn't honestly say that.
Turns out it was LC who suggested the "derpclear" angle on Jiwon, only he accompanied it with an immediate dismissal. The shade feels a bit unnecessary.
Long Con wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:11 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:17 am [VOTE: MacDougall ] aubergine

S P I C E
This is dumb but Mac knows my reaction to team ups and towncores tends to range somewhere between flat denial and restrained agreement with jokes in between.

So I kinda don’t think his treatment of me has been buddying, which makes me think he’s town.
So this is you trying to buddy him, right?

[VOTE: Jack] aubergine
This also feels a bit like an obligatory vote. "I have to do something so I'll call Jack suspicious for this post." I don't love LC's posts, but usually when I do love his posts it means he's bad. He's light orange on my imaginary rainbow for now, for the sake of taking a stance.
Interesting thought provoking analysis on Long Con. Thanks.
Myo
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Myo »

tedxtr wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:51 pm

Eh, I feel that this deserves a little push-back. Couching your own opinions in someone else's reasoning strikes me as creating
'distance' between yourself and your actions. The follow-up feels warranted to get Jackofhearts2005's actual thoughts/reasoning without basing it on outside logic that he's not claiming as his own.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”