Don't Starve Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Okay, once more, and this time with feeling.

Poll ended at Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:00 pm

Belzy
No votes
falcon45ca
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
25%
Lime Coke
33%
motobot
17%
Porscha
No votes
Ricochet
No votes
Seanzie
No votes
Zenon
No votes
Dragonfly (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
25%

Total votes: 12
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 266
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Don't Starve Mafia [Day 1]

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

I've read 4 pages and learned literally nothing!
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: he

Post by Vivax »

Scotty's vote on SVS is

U N D E R W H E L M I N G

in my opinion
Ricochet
Posts in topic: 234

Post by Ricochet »

Caught up, nothing new of substance to infer.

Porscha's post feel floaty - or floatiest of them all.

Rondo in whatever "throwing paint onto canvas and not even with a consistent thoughttrain" tier can be made up.

Weird tiny aggression in meatball's response to Rondo.
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 214
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:40 am Page two and the mech talk is fine, I suppose. Easy pocket material, tho, especially with the prevalent "ooh tutuu is town for mechtalking this much" sentiment.

Tutuu still bit wishwashy or just plain derpy now with the whole "town be swag and not pick food" but then "oh wait getting increasingly hungry will lose game for town" progression.

Ping on Rondo asking to be grouped with the mechtalkers. For what? Or what kind of cred?

I don't think the game will be faultily designed (especially with this being an Epig game) as to reach a mechanical loss i.e. fX town being starved or mafia hogging all the protections each time.
I don't think Tutuu was towny for the mech talk alone. Normally I'm one of the many people who hates mech talk. But I felt like the way Tutuu went with it was at least done in a positive way to use to at least try to clear people using it.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Zenon wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:47 am
tutuu wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:34 pm u guys wont believe what alignemt i randed
Wolf

View:Tutuu
Stalker. 👀
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 218

Post by Porscha »

Zenon wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:07 am I've read 2 pages and learned literally nothing! Dope.
this made me laugh lol
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:18 am
tutuu wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:34 pm u guys wont believe what alignemt i randed
Wolf

Stalker. 👀
do you see tutuu in your wolf chat right now brad? is the tutuu in the room with us?
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:13 am
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:12 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:59 am
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:48 am Define ”again”.
You and scotty have tried to soft scum me this game. I see some team work
You're inflating a ping to a wolfread.

Still doesn't account for the again-ness of my endeavour.
it does if you read it again
would also like to acknowledge the humor of this post. thanks
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 80

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:45 am I think of the people that have posted thus far, SVS looks the least towny to me. Feels like she’s being careful and can’t quite get her feet wet
I’ve spent my time in thread poking the high poster and questioning their pet theory and motivations.

You know those wrinkles you get on your feet when you’ve been in the water too long?

My feet have them. Pretty wet dude.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:21 am
Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:45 am I think of the people that have posted thus far, SVS looks the least towny to me. Feels like she’s being careful and can’t quite get her feet wet
I’ve spent my time in thread poking the high poster and questioning their pet theory and motivations.

You know those wrinkles you get on your feet when you’ve been in the water too long?

My feet have them. Pretty wet dude.
die_meatbaby
Posts in topic: 28
Aka: DMB

Post by die_meatbaby »

@@tutuu
Why did you vote on me? I literally made 2 posts what supect you about that. Didn't really start here and already got a vote??
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Porscha wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:20 am
Wolf

Stalker. 👀
do you see tutuu in your wolf chat right now brad? is the tutuu in the room with us?
Yes all 3 of us are in mafia chat and I couldn't be happier with the experience.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Man....idk how I wanna go about these thinking about it.

Zenon let's lean town.

[VOTE: Ricochet] aubergine

Let's lean this wolf.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:52 am actually svs seems more scummy to me here if looked thru a "traditional" lens whereas usually she has always seemed townie to me looked thru the same lens when shes mafia. so sure she can be town. why not

i disagree with her on a lot of the mech analysis but her insistence on arguing seems townie

why not what the hell. take the townread
I’m arguing because I don’t like how you set your idea up as THE idea, if you get my drift. Like insisting on saving something you’re positioning as a civ item for Sean before he even posted. I’m only on page three so not sure if he posted yet as of now.

How do you know he’s even town? Just because he gets NK early a lot doesn't mean he randed town here.

And townreading people based on a pretty flawed theory bugs me to bits.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:11 am Page one and so far everything tutuu said about town not picking food for swag or such has irked me.

A. Non-food items are limited, so invariably some townies will have only food to pick. Case in point, me after missing out on all the non-food items. There's no point in judging player's AI based on skipping food, since some will have nothing but food left to pick.
B. Having invisible votes added to your tally is not beneficial. Vote shenanigans are not great for gamesolving purposes. So it's not townminded to boast about getting hungry.
C. Something about waiting to see what Seanzie will pick. Why Seanzie, in particular? And why such concern at all?
Yes, all of this.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Vivax wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:33 am Scotty's vote on SVS is

U N D E R W H E L M I N G

in my opinion
Join the club.

At this point imma [VOTE: Tutuu] aubergine

She is giving me overwhelming steering vibes, and the fact that she’s doing it in a way that draws clear lines based on an arbitrary criteria, I don’t see the town in that ad of right now.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

*as of right now
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 387

Post by tutuu »

Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:11 am Page one and so far everything tutuu said about town not picking food for swag or such has irked me.

A. Non-food items are limited, so invariably some townies will have only food to pick. Case in point, me after missing out on all the non-food items. There's no point in judging player's AI based on skipping food, since some will have nothing but food left to pick.
B. Having invisible votes added to your tally is not beneficial. Vote shenanigans are not great for gamesolving purposes. So it's not townminded to boast about getting hungry.
C. Something about waiting to see what Seanzie will pick. Why Seanzie, in particular? And why such concern at all?
Obv i wouldn't scumread someone for picking food if they had no other choice

Im not scumreading people who are picking food in the first place lol
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:28 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:52 am actually svs seems more scummy to me here if looked thru a "traditional" lens whereas usually she has always seemed townie to me looked thru the same lens when shes mafia. so sure she can be town. why not

i disagree with her on a lot of the mech analysis but her insistence on arguing seems townie

I’m arguing because I don’t like how you set your idea up as THE idea, if you get my drift. Like insisting on saving something you’re positioning as a civ item for Sean before he even posted. I’m only on page three so not sure if he posted yet as of now.

How do you know he’s even town? Just because he gets NK early a lot doesn't mean he randed town here.

I don't think she was suggesting he randed town I think she was suggesting that we use him making his decision to try to help read him.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Wolf

One day zenon chan
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Vivax wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:05 am If I were mafia here I'd rush the weapons and tools. There's no drawbacks and having to beat players into their own demise with a carrot or a turkey leg is a possible but unlikely future. Surely, they don't want villagers with light.

Ergo, why is this a post:
tutuu wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:29 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:28 pm [VOTE: Pick] aubergine
enjoy the townread
Or this one.
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:53 pm
Porscha wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:39 pm [VOTE: rabbit] aubergine pls & thank yew
Porscha picking the only meat on the menu? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :think:
Is this a mafia whoopsie? Over-the-toppish and then not quite accurate. Different purpose.

Since I don't want to starve, I'll take this one.

[VOTE: Blue Mushroom] aubergine
If u were a mafia rushing for that ud be making a misplay imo
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

die_meatbaby wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:24 am @@tutuu
Why did you vote on me? I literally made 2 posts what supect you about that. Didn't really start here and already got a vote??
Just a random vote
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

I didnt insist on people listening to me. Im just playing dude. Im just sharing my reads.

As i said if sean was mafia i wanted to weaken him by making him pick the bad non-food items. Theyre all worse than food for everyone.

You are entitled to your own wrong opinion that my evaluation/reads is flawed. 🤷
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:40 am Page two and the mech talk is fine, I suppose. Easy pocket material, tho, especially with the prevalent "ooh tutuu is town for mechtalking this much" sentiment.

Tutuu still bit wishwashy or just plain derpy now with the whole "town be swag and not pick food" but then "oh wait getting increasingly hungry will lose game for town" progression.

Ping on Rondo asking to be grouped with the mechtalkers. For what? Or what kind of cred?

I don't think the game will be faultily designed (especially with this being an Epig game) as to reach a mechanical loss i.e. fX town being starved or mafia hogging all the protections each time.
I wouldnt call the game faultily designed if we reach fx but we mech lose due to starvation. We were warned about it from d1. Its unusual yeah but - its not like it was a surprise
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:27 am Man....idk how I wanna go about these thinking about it.

Zenon let's lean town.

[VOTE: Ricochet] aubergine

Let's lean this wolf.
Lean on me
When you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on...
☆Princess Abigail☆

Wolf

Stalker. 👀
Sometimes

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:19 am
Zenon wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:07 am I've read 2 pages and learned literally nothing! Dope.
this made me laugh lol
UwU

ImageImage

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Im just gonna write one final post on the food stuff

Food is better than non-food for everyone

By not picking food ur lowkey killing urself

No, u don't steal protection from town if ur mafia and pick flint/wood. Ur just sitting there at perma +1 vote like a potato and then u lose fx

I found it towny for players to choose to pick the bad items thats only use is anti-mafia

I did not say ppl who are picking food are scummy despite multiple ppl coming at me imagining i said that
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:44 am

Maybe I missread, but there was some „if I was mafia I would have picked food, ergo townread me yall" + "waiting to see what seanzie picks, they be mafia if picking food" stuff.

And "picking non-food is towny", which later you 180d into "oh no town will go hungry and lose on mechanics, must pick food"
☆Princess Abigail☆

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:24 am
Porscha wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:20 am
Wolf

Stalker. 👀
Yes all 3 of us are in mafia chat and I couldn't be happier with the experience.
Thank you for your patronage wolfy

Kill them all

ImageImage

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

I thought rico is towny on tone
☆Princess Abigail☆

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:46 am
Wolf

One day zenon chan
That day is today bb

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

I'm surprised nobody has pushed me for only 11 posting

ImageImage

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:13 am I thought rico is towny on tone
His responses to being scumread/voted aren't bad, tbh.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:13 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:44 am

Maybe I missread, but there was some „if I was mafia I would have picked food, ergo townread me yall" + "waiting to see what seanzie picks, they be mafia if picking food" stuff.

And "picking non-food is towny", which later you 180d into "oh no town will go hungry and lose on mechanics, must pick food"
If i was mafia id play standard and not have a permanent +1 vote on me for no reason. But i meant no implication that town wouldnt do that aswell given the effect is symmetrical. As i said im hoping i can draw a kill and get myself (a starved townie) away from fx where ill be a liability

As for sean - as i said he always dies early. He can also do that - take the bullet for us all and starve and then still die despite. If he chose not to do that - it would be sus for him specifically. Not fo everyone else. Sean doesnt endgame as town. So if he hapened to rand mafia - i wanted to weaken him

For ur second paragraph - i didnt reverse anything. Both of those can be coexisting thoughts. I find picking non food towny. Town also needs food to win
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

[VOTE: Die_Meatbaby] aubergine

Not sure how much I believe in it but want my vote somewhere.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Six out of 18 items are non-food. So, by design, some town will inevitably pick them (or have to).

Mafia depriving town of nightkill protection, at the cost of going +1 in votes, sounds like a proper Epig game balance. They could, but then it depends on drawing (repeatedly) less heat in the game.

Vibe right now is that mech-based conjecturing isn't that valuable. The game has madness, it will develop.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:17 am

I don't think Tutuu was towny for the mech talk alone. Normally I'm one of the many people who hates mech talk. But I felt like the way Tutuu went with it was at least done in a positive way to use to at least try to clear people using it.
Yeah, but it could be used both ways, and when I pointed it out to her, she was like, "I didn't think of that" and kept doing it. Waaah. I don't like it.
die_meatbaby wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:24 am @@tutuu
This ^^

Also, allowing someone new to us to get their feet wet (to use Scottys metaphor) before yeeting them is an old school courtesy I would like to see more of, although I won't fault others for not following it.
tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:55 am

I didnt insist on people listening to me. Im just playing dude. Im just sharing my reads.

As i said if sean was mafia i wanted to weaken him by making him pick the bad non-food items. Theyre all worse than food for everyone.

You are entitled to your own wrong opinion that my evaluation/reads is flawed. 🤷
I would disagree in that I feel that you are trying (rather hard, imo) to steer the thread and have your opinion be the prevailing one.

So for now my vote stays where it is. It could also go to Scotty, he fell right onto it without any critical thinking whatsoever, but I am not a "No U' fan; if I sus two people for the same thing, I'll go with the one who isn't the OMGUS vote.

Linki and a second "No Reason Whatsoever" vote for Meatbaby (I just can't with the whole name lol, sorry Meatbaby). So so sus.

Off to work, bbl.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tutuu
martinwp69
jay
scotty

svs
rico
rondo
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

@S~V~S i too would disagree rather hard that im trying rather hard for my opinion to be the prevailing one. u might be perceiving it this way coz im posting a lot? Im not at fault that other ppl post less than me, i like posting when in in the mood, everyone is free to say their opinion too.

I also dont see how i can come off as assertive with my language. Im not saying "you do this, you do that" im saying "i think u should this, i this u should do that". I didnt command "leave non-food for sean" i said may or can leave food for sean, didnt i say please too? Im not sure. I dont 100% of the time write words like can/may/please but sometimes ts just to save time, write shorter posts. I think i write them a lot though, at least decently enough
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Gotta agree to disagree, Tutuu.

xox, have a fun one, now I really do gotta go get ready for work.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

What do you townlock those four for?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

And also im just confident that mafia ramping up perma votes on them is bad for them, and its not worth it for them to pick wood/flint. That doesnt mean im controlling people out of thinking otherwise. Im free to be confident in myself and my interpretation of balance and strategy
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also, since Meatbaby now has two votes for *no reason* I think they prolly deserve an explanation as to why. Would be the polite thing to do.

hasta la vista honeys!
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:58 am What do you townlock those four for?
They picked non-food
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:59 am Also, since Meatbaby now has two votes for *no reason* I think they prolly deserve an explanation as to why. Would be the polite thing to do.

hasta la vista honeys!
I have no reason
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:00 am
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:58 am What do you townlock those four for?
They picked non-food
lol
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

@Zenon has been posting without having read her role pm just clarifying and remembering for myself too to not read into what shes said so far as ai
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Also i have forum permissions to edit or delete my posts here not sure why
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Im trying to remember what i townread rondo for and i forgot