☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Fallout New Vegas: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [DAY 1]

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:45 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:39 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:37 am What I'm saying is the wolfs are not currently active
Ebwop I hate mobile phones
I don't think so.
I take this a towny from you though.
Why is it towny for me when I don't think I've ever used this read before
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Also why is it impossible that all of us are town?

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 301
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Dunnstral wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:52 am
Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:35 am
Dunnstral wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:22 am They talk later about their reasons and it was not the mech post. But you assume it is and run with it and ask questions about that.

It's strange to me that Lime Coke rushes to call you town too given the above.
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:07 am Creature keeps making excuses for why people are gonna vote him and it feels very defeatist in a wolfy way but I won't vote there unless someone checks me because I can't read creature
It is a bit of a misrepresentation to frame it like this, they made their posts at the start of the day and haven't posted since then. As for me I don't have an opinion on Creature yet but didn't find their early posts to be alarming (though I also dislike when people say they're not good on day 1 like this)
All you can make is assumptions based on the context of what you see. I don't think it's a bad assumption to make considering it was made directly after the mech post in question.

Asking if it's about the mech post and then talking about my feelings on mech is two entirely different statements and trying to link them together into one thread makes the narrative awkward and just incorrect. Along with the fact Lime never said it isn't about the mech post you're just going to your own (ironic) assumptions.

Can you go into more detail on why the bolded was stated? It makes it seem like you think people who come to the wrong answer cannot be towny and that's anything but the truth. It feels like you're trying to nitpick instead of solve.
Well I did ask about Lime Coke's read later and they had a different answer. So I found it strange that Lime Coke saw your post and took no issue with it. No I'm not assuming anything, I ask them in post 57 and 59 and they respond in 58 and 63.
Wasn't really different I thought?
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Chelsea
The Mark
Posts in topic: 257

Post by Chelsea »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:51 am Now my hydra partners can get along. :)
Sadly not going to happen but your enthusiasm is adorable.
Dunnstral
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Dunnstral »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:50 am
Dunnstral wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:42 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:33 am Linking activity with towniness when people come from different time zones is not what I will trust as an actual thought
There's a real inclination to townread players who are posting more and assume that mafia must be among the less active players. It's a psychological phenomenon... and has to do with naively townreading people based of "vibes" when in reality they could easily make these posts as mafia

Not to say I never townread based on how I feel about a player on day 1, but you have to pick and choose what you think is actually indicative of town.
Once again that has nothing to do with what I said
How so? Also this was in response to Michelle.
Dunnstral
Stool Pigeon

Post by Dunnstral »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:53 am
Dunnstral wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:22 am They talk later about their reasons and it was not the mech post. But you assume it is and run with it and ask questions about that.

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:07 am Creature keeps making excuses for why people are gonna vote him and it feels very defeatist in a wolfy way but I won't vote there unless someone checks me because I can't read creature
It is a bit of a misrepresentation to frame it like this, they made their posts at the start of the day and haven't posted since then. As for me I don't have an opinion on Creature yet but didn't find their early posts to be alarming (though I also dislike when people say they're not good on day 1 like this)
All you can make is assumptions based on the context of what you see. I don't think it's a bad assumption to make considering it was made directly after the mech post in question.

Asking if it's about the mech post and then talking about my feelings on mech is two entirely different statements and trying to link them together into one thread makes the narrative awkward and just incorrect. Along with the fact Lime never said it isn't about the mech post you're just going to your own (ironic) assumptions.

Can you go into more detail on why the bolded was stated? It makes it seem like you think people who come to the wrong answer cannot be towny and that's anything but the truth. It feels like you're trying to nitpick instead of solve.
Well I did ask about Lime Coke's read later and they had a different answer. So I found it strange that Lime Coke saw your post and took no issue with it. No I'm not assuming anything, I ask them in post 57 and 59 and they respond in 58 and 63.
When I asked you your reasons for townreading Scotty you cited their vote on Michelle along with them being aggressive.

Chelsea said you were townreading Scotty because they made a mech post talking about how many mafia there are in the game.

How are these two things not different?
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 111
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:52 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:37 am What I'm saying is the wolfs are not currently active
I don't think so.
It's not a meta read.
People saying the thread feels towny have the intent to solve many players at once. This is hard to back track on if you are mafia.
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:51 am Now my hydra partners can get along. :)
Sorry, if Chelsea is towny she is mafia. If I don't have an urge to chop her, I mean.
I am also sure she knows how to pocket you, so there's that

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:52 am Also why is it impossible that all of us are town?
Because in 18 players what is mafia doing if everyone posting at one moment is town?
Mafia needs thread presence, otherwise they're boxed in the Poe easily

Chelsea
The Mark

Post by Chelsea »

Michelle has called me a wolf in every game we've played in so her doing so here is towny, although I do think everyone should just ignore her read in regards to myself. That's the only time I'll speak on the matter though.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:53 am
Sadly not going to happen but your enthusiasm is adorable.
Your honesty is adorable but also reported. :D
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Dunnstral wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:55 am

When I asked you your reasons for townreading Scotty you cited their vote on Michelle along with them being aggressive.

Chelsea said you were townreading Scotty because they made a mech post talking about how many mafia there are in the game.

I said that was part of it but it was mostly the vote immediately afterwards for the aggressiveness.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:58 am Michelle has called me a wolf in every game we've played in so her doing so here is towny, although I do think everyone should just ignore her read in regards to myself. That's the only time I'll speak on the matter though.
So that's why they should listen to me instead. :D
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:58 am Michelle has called me a wolf in every game we've played in so her doing so here is towny, although I do think everyone should just ignore her read in regards to myself. That's the only time I'll speak on the matter though.
I did it and you were always town when I thought you are a wolf.
Except this time my read is you are town.
And because I was never right I have to reverse the read.

That's the only time i'll speak on the matter.

Chelsea
The Mark

Post by Chelsea »

Lime
Michelle
Creature
-
Dunnstral
Abigail

GN
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Where is @MacDougall ?

I have to work, but when I come back I want your reads, sir!

Also @LanMisa :wave: how are you? I hope you have time to play this game

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:06 am Lime
Michelle
Creature
-
Dunnstral
Abigail

GN
:hug:
☆Princess Abigail☆

Dunnstral wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:53 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:33 am Linking activity with towniness when people come from different time zones is not what I will trust as an actual thought
There's a real inclination to townread players who are posting more and assume that mafia must be among the less active players. It's a psychological phenomenon... and has to do with naively townreading people based of "vibes" when in reality they could easily make these posts as mafia

Not to say I never townread based on how I feel about a player on day 1, but you have to pick and choose what you think is actually indicative of town.
Which was about me yes

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:56 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:52 am
I don't think so.
It's not a meta read.
People saying the thread feels towny have the intent to solve many players at once. This is hard to back track on if you are mafia.
Sorry, if Chelsea is towny she is mafia. If I don't have an urge to chop her, I mean.
I am also sure she knows how to pocket you, so there's that
Okie thank you I am adding you to my town core with Scotty

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:57 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:52 am Also why is it impossible that all of us are town?
Because in 18 players what is mafia doing if everyone posting at one moment is town?
Mafia needs thread presence, otherwise they're boxed in the Poe easily
Well timezones exist no? As you've said and I've defs seen mafia teams just not interested in taking thread control

ImageImage

Dunnstral
Stool Pigeon

Post by Dunnstral »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:09 am

Which was about me yes
And you've said town is active and wolves are not posting.
Dunnstral
Stool Pigeon

Post by Dunnstral »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:59 am

I said that was part of it but it was mostly the vote immediately afterwards for the aggressiveness.
What was part of it? Are you agreeing with Chelsea that the mech talk played a part?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Dunnstral wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:16 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:59 am

What was part of it? Are you agreeing with Chelsea that the mech talk played a part?
Yes it helped when you combined with the other post but it wasn't the focal point.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:06 am Where is @MacDougall ?

If Mac doesn't call me town he's wolfing :p

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Dunnstral wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:14 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:09 am

Which was about me yes
And you've said town is active and wolves are not posting.
Yes I've said that but it was not an activity read it had nothing to do with activity at all in fact I don't think it's that complicated

ImageImage

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Townread:
Michelle
Chelsea
Scotty

Townlean:
Manny
Dunnstral

I added Dunnstral to townleans because I think...whatever he's doing is towny.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Like the questions I guess are towny and trying to get to fully understand things.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 336

Post by MacDougall »

Manny wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:25 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:21 am M-m-m-mafia
hi nerd
Ha some retirement
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:27 am

Can you talk a little about your playstyle?
Also if you can link recent games as both alignaments it would be nice :)
:bliss:
Hello Michelle, pleasure to see you
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:29 am
Mac!!!!!! Hiiii!!!
Hello Abi. A pleasure as always indeed.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

And to all who didn't greet me, a pox on your houses
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:55 am

I was going to.

Still am, but I also was going to.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:56 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:47 am Also... which one was that because I'm sure you have multiple of those in mind?
I don't think it matters what one, just be careful before digging your heels into a read so easily, if I need to keep reminding you of this I'll just stick a note to your forward. Do you have any other reads that aren't town on Scotty?
Dunnstral wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:28 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:25 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:23 am Why for both? Why maybe?
Chelsea's questioning of me feels towny since she isn't just trying to kill me or get me in a gotcha it's just trying to figure out what I'm doing.

Manny because of him looking to sheep Chelsea but doesn't instantly do it the moment she votes someone and questions it.

Maybe because it's something Manny can do as mafia but I'm choosing to think it's town.
I think you have really naive reads and these townreads are basically for nothing. It's silly to think that they can't make similar posts as mafia or that what you've pointed out is town indicative in my opinion.
You know the funny thing is that I was thinking about these after reading them and I might agree with the assessment with both.

But like...literally even if I wanted to change that because that's probably what I could work on to get better...I wouldn't even know how to do that or where to look towards to start.

Like I'm so stuck on how I read things...and granted I've been back and forth on having issues with it or being just fine with the approach (of course probably comes in after I either win or lose a game and the results of my reads) even if I wanted to change or approach differently I wouldn't know how.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:06 am Lime
Michelle
Creature
-
Dunnstral
Abigail

GN
@Creature going to require citation on that one.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

My feeling is most of the mafia have yet to post.

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

Ama.
☆Princess Abigail☆

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:11 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:29 am
Mac!!!!!! Hiiii!!!
Hello Abi. A pleasure as always indeed.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:13 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:55 am

I was going to.

Still am, but I also was going to.
Hot

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:17 am My feeling is most of the mafia have yet to post.

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

Ama.
Omg twinsies

ImageImage

Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Hello! I'm @Justplayingitcool one of your friendly neighborhood Moderators on Duty (MoDs).

If you would like to reach me, you can PM me here on the Syndicate or DM on Discord (faster). Here's the info you need for that:

Justplayingitcool
Discord ID: jpic#8421
Syndicate PM: Click me
Time Zone: GMT

We ask that you please report directly to us rather than using the report post feature, as people with access to those reports are in this game and it presents a risk to game integrity.

Please remember that every other player is also human. We all make mistakes. None of us are perfect. Treat others with respect and exercise self-care if you feel yourself beginning to get angry or upset at the game. If you need to vent and have no one to turn to, messaging one of us is an excellent decision to make. We are also available for reports of any Code of Conduct or Rules violations. Consider us your lifeline so that the game state remains healthy and exciting for everyone.

If you have game-related queries (setup, role questions, game play, etc.) please contact the host JJJ. 

Please have fun and enjoy the game!
Manny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: he

Post by Manny »

Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:39 am I do apologize you're right it would be a bit boring if you just did what I asked without a second glance. But, you're supposed to carry me why else would I join?
I can vaguely compromise on carrying each other, but i like sheeping more than i like leading :pensive:

Dunnstral why do u think im mafia?.

I still only townread Brad and Scottie, this probably means im skill issueing in the formation of new reads, but it is what it is.
Maybe i should sheep the consensus and lazily call Mich town.
Manny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: he

Post by Manny »

oh eod hour sucks for me, rough, maybe ill interrupt my slumber for it if day feels spicy later on
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:12 am And to all who didn't greet me, a pox on your houses
Jokes on you, I LOVE pox.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:17 am 1. My feeling is most of the mafia have yet to post.

2. [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

Ama.
Adding numbers

1. Why?

2. Why?
Manny wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:36 am
Chelsea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:39 am I do apologize you're right it would be a bit boring if you just did what I asked without a second glance. But, you're supposed to carry me why else would I join?
I can vaguely compromise on carrying each other, but i like sheeping more than i like leading :pensive:

I still only townread Brad and Scottie, this probably means im skill issueing in the formation of new reads, but it is what it is.
Why would you do such thing?

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

VC
Day 1 elimination
Poll runs till Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:00 am
Please note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

You may select 1 option

Chelsea
No votes
Voters: None
Creature
No votes
DarlingMonroe
No votes
Dunnstral
No votes
Epignosis
No votes
falcon45ca
17%
Voters: Michelle
Jackofhearts2005
No votes
LanMisa
No votes
Lime Coke
17%
Voters: Seanzie
Long Con
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Manny
No votes
Michelle
17%
Voters: Scotty
Princess Abigail
17%
Voters: Chelsea
Scotty
No votes
Seanzie
No votes
sig
No votes
TonyStarkPrime
No votes
No elimination / Sleep
No votes
No vote / Unvote
17%
Voters: Dunnstral
Letting Bethesda ever touch Fallout again (spec)
17%
Voters: JaggedJimmyJay
Total votes: 6

falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 38

Post by falcon45ca »

I AM TOWN!

The strongest of all warriors are these two - time & patience
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Scotty wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:01 pm I AM TOWN!!!!!!!!

“So long, and thanks for the all the fish, JJJ”

Scotty comin' ta scoop my intro

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Michelle wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:29 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:25 pm
Michelle wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:24 pm Hi Brad!
I'll listen to that song later in the day

Long Con seems town.
Scotty, not that much.
Creature asked for a toDay pass. I'll give it to him
Hello Michelle! <3 :hug:
Do you have warm pockets? :biggrin:

What's with this slow start?
[VOTE: Falcon] aubergine

He's been sick
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:07 am Morning again.

Soo, Scotty decided I deserve a vote because I didn't like his game start, choose to change the vibe by a huge nothinburger meta post, btw a 17er needs 4 wolves imo and an 18er would add a kind of survivor, or jester, something unrelated much with the other 17.
Without flips this has littls value anyway

Brad why did you accept me in your pocket if you don't town read me?
#jumps out :pout:
Now I'll search for other comfy pockets...

Also, +1 to Sean because made me smile.
Long Con keeps the top town position.
Brad is ok-ish even if he has empty pockets ^^
If Scotty thinks he knows Brad I have news, we were hydra partners recently so I can make my own attempt to read Brad without Scotty's "help"
Aand Scotty is still underwhelming

The newcomer, welcome to the site! I need more from them.

Anyone else didn't show AI stuff imo.

Michelle is town
Dunnstral
Stool Pigeon

Post by Dunnstral »

Manny wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:36 am

Your posting style makes me think you are trying to get by on a vibe read this game. Your townreads feel similar to what other people at the time were saying without explaining why you think so.

Not liking 234 from Macdougall, given there has been some pushback to what they are saying here about activity which isn't acknowledged. I wonder if they are even reading the game that closely which makes me wonder why they can make statements like this.
Dunnstral
Stool Pigeon

Post by Dunnstral »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:44 am

Soo, Scotty decided I deserve a vote because I didn't like his game start, choose to change the vibe by a huge nothinburger meta post, btw a 17er needs 4 wolves imo and an 18er would add a kind of survivor, or jester, something unrelated much with the other 17.

If Scotty thinks he knows Brad I have news, we were hydra partners recently so I can make my own attempt to read Brad without Scotty's "help"

Michelle is town
Do you think Michelle would not make posts like this if they were mafia?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Dunnstral wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:56 am
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:44 am

Michelle is town
Do you think Michelle would not make posts like this if they were mafia?

I mean, maybe?

But also, no

Return to “Previous Rackets”