Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Day 3

Post by keys56000000000 »

splints wrote:linki ~ I'm not even sure what a peak of interest means in mafia so :ponder: let me know when its something I can respond to
I saw it too, I'm sure they meant to say that their interest was piqued, i.e. it arose curiosity.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

A. I don't think LC can read me any better than the normal player. If anyone can read me, it's SVS.

B. I thought I floated the idea that MP was a baddie who self targeted, but maybe I'm wrong.

And keys, I am normally more of a baddie hunter, but I haven't played in a long time, and I was having some trouble getting into this game. But I am getting in to it more now, although I doubt I'll ever be as involved as I used to.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

zeek wrote:Well I feel stupid. Haven't played Mario in year.

There's something wrong there with the Master I agree, probably the second night in that sentence. Its 2am though, so I'm done trying for the night.

Dom, we've also had our disagreements and you've said I've misrepresented you, so why am I not as suspicious as Made to you? (No criticism intended, just want to understand.)
Other than our disagreement, I have read you as a civ. I thought it was possible that part of the decoding was a distraction from the lynch (still do), just not sure how to interpret that anymore.
keys56000000000 wrote:
Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:who suggested that MP is a cyberman who tried to kill himself knowing it would fail
That would be Keys.
That is very shady. .
Are you kidding me, Dom?

A) I suggested it was a possibility, not that MP actually did that.
B) You pretty much tagged along for the ride while I was engaged with MP. Now you're saying I'm very shady?
No I did not.
I separately had suspicions of MP. Here is my first mention of him in a suspicion: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 338#p87338
Here's yours:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 258#p87258

There's a huge difference. Don't equivocate things that aren't equivalent.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Anyone else find it interesting that Dom, Blooper, and Bass all in a row express serious intention to vote Made? :ponder:

Anyway, going to let that sit and will mull over things... be back tomorrow, folks, and it probably won't be much. Busy day ahead of me!
MP, are you serious? I've been mentioning Made all game????
Made wrote: I am not misrepresenting you. No one understands your argument because the last time you properly explained it was on Day 1. 5 quotes (one of which a duplicate) and capslock is not an argument.

Before i forget
1.Dom
2.Eloh
3. Splits(more of a peak of interest rather than suspicion, I need to read further into this.)
So... what the fuck
You have NEVER explained why you suspect me. I have gone through my suspicion of you so many times now. You are a liar. I am done.
*votes Made*

You also changed your tune. It went from, "Dom is just saying my name over and over again :p" to "you haven't said I was bad until now"!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

Chris wrote: B. I thought I floated the idea that MP was a baddie who self targeted, but maybe I'm wrong.
It was, but MP said it was me, and I didn't find it so unreasonable as to correct it, since I talked about the possibility of a team targeting their own aswell. To add to that, Dom asked if I had stated that MP self-targeted. I only suggested it was a possibility, and as you point out, not before you did.

Dom: just seems silly for you to be calling me very shady for talking about all the potential scenarios in that foiled night kill. Especially since you suspect him, too.

How is going through the possibilities "very shady"?
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Right now my current suspects are Made Enrique and MP. Made I've explained and others have noticed as well that his play style is different this time from when he was a civ. Enrique seems defensive of made perhaps there's a reason behind that perhaps not and I'm just not sure how to feel about MP yet.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 80

Post by fingersplints »

Chris wrote:A. I don't think LC can read me any better than the normal player. If anyone can read me, it's SVS.

B. I thought I floated the idea that MP was a baddie who self targeted, but maybe I'm wrong.

And keys, I am normally more of a baddie hunter, but I haven't played in a long time, and I was having some trouble getting into this game. But I am getting in to it more now, although I doubt I'll ever be as involved as I used to.
hmm, I was going to ask SVS as well but then I thought of a game when I hosted you both and I think she helped get you lynched and you were both civvies. Well, ok then. SVS - what do you think about Chris this game? While I'm at it, I'd like to hear from juliets as well. Image
Gro-oo-ovy
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Spacedaisy »

First let me say to MP, I really wish you would stop characterizing my listing my suspicions/thoughts as suspicion mongering. You are reading that into it. All I was doing was putting my thoughts out there, period. I wasn't looking to rally a lynch around anyone.

I am glad finally some others are seeing what I have been feeling about DFaraday. I am going to vote there for now. Because before the last lynch he was top of my list.

I apologize for not talking as much, been working over a lot this week and at the moment my head isstarting to hurt.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Voting made for now so I don't forget but I'll see if anything changes tomorrow.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Spacedaisy wrote:First let me say to MP, I really wish you would stop characterizing my listing my suspicions/thoughts as suspicion mongering. You are reading that into it. All I was doing was putting my thoughts out there, period. I wasn't looking to rally a lynch around anyone.

I am glad finally some others are seeing what I have been feeling about DFaraday. I am going to vote there for now. Because before the last lynch he was top of my list.

I apologize for not talking as much, been working over a lot this week and at the moment my head isstarting to hurt.
Daisy, please correct me if I'm wrong: your suspicion of DFaraday is based off him voting against him being a fan, right?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Dom wrote:<snip>
Before i forget
1.Dom
2.Eloh
3. Splits(more of a peak of interest rather than suspicion, I need to read further into this.)
So... what the fuck
You have NEVER explained why you suspect me. I have gone through my suspicion of you so many times now. You are a liar. I am done.
*votes Made*

You also changed your tune. It went from, "Dom is just saying my name over and over again :p" to "you haven't said I was bad until now"![/quote]
My tone has change because I am now annoyed, but my tune has remain constant.
You have repetitively said my name(which, subjectively could be read as you attempting to create a case against me, without actually doing so), but you have never specifically said "hey made is bad" until one post ago. The only reason I brought up semantics (specifically about the usage of the word bad) was because you decided that me saying "I have a gut feeling about you" was not enough, even tho it implies that i think you're bad. I don't personally care about whether or not you specifically called me bad. You seemed to, so I attempted to reason with you by using what i understood as your perspective.

The awesome thing about Forum Mafia vs Party Mafia is that everything is on record. If I am a liar it can be proven very easily using my post, so if you would like to actually structure an argument about me on that, be my guest.

Today is not the day Dom. I'm not in the mood right now for bullshit arguments or politics. Either make an argument about me that isn't based in hyperbole and vague quotes or go away. If you need an example of a proper argument, please refer to below.

My argument against Dom
Admittedly, my reason for now voting Dom is based on his accusations against me, and this cognitive dissonances(of my own) is pissing me off. Rationally I know that he thinks i'm bad, and is therefore attempting to frame me for a lynch, a alignment free thing to do-- civvies find it necessary to lynch people too-- however, his hostility and lack of logic and ability to see reason from my perspective is making it very difficult to see him as anything else but a baddie trying unrelentingly to get me lynched.
Pov: you reading my takes
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Ebdp: fucked up the quote
Dom wrote:
Made wrote:<snip>
Before i forget
1.Dom
2.Eloh
So... what the fuck
*votes Made*
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

:offtobed:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Made wrote: My tone has change because I am now annoyed, but my tune has remain constant.
You have repetitively said my name(which, subjectively could be read as you attempting to create a case against me, without actually doing so), but you have never specifically said "hey made is bad" until one post ago. The only reason I brought up semantics (specifically about the usage of the word bad) was because you decided that me saying "I have a gut feeling about you" was not enough, even tho it implies that i think you're bad. I don't personally care about whether or not you specifically called me bad. You seemed to, so I attempted to reason with you by using what i understood as your perspective.

The awesome thing about Forum Mafia vs Party Mafia is that everything is on record. If I am a liar it can be proven very easily using my post, so if you would like to actually structure an argument about me on that, be my guest.

Today is not the day Dom. I'm not in the mood right now for bullshit arguments or politics. Either make an argument about me that isn't based in hyperbole and vague quotes or go away. If you need an example of a proper argument, please refer to below.

My argument against Dom
Admittedly, my reason for now voting Dom is based on his accusations against me, and this cognitive dissonances(of my own) is pissing me off. Rationally I know that he thinks i'm bad, and is therefore attempting to frame me for a lynch, a alignment free thing to do-- civvies find it necessary to lynch people too-- however, his hostility and lack of logic and ability to see reason from my perspective is making it very difficult to see him as anything else but a baddie trying unrelentingly to get me lynched.
Are you remotely serious right now?
There are no words for how vacant and vacuous this post is.

#1) I have ZERO memory of scolding you for saying you have "a gut feeling about" me. Seriously? Did that even happen? When? Where?

#2) I have repeatedly voiced my intention to vote you. You are being beyond ridiculous. Yes. I think you are bad. Yes, I solicited other people's opinions of you because I wanted to start a dialog about you. What are you missing? What are you actually arguing? What the hell are you trying to prove?

#3) You ARE a liar. You have blatantly misrepresented my claims against you. This is especially apparent in this quoted post.

#4) I am making an argument for your baddiness based on quotes you have said. That is how this game is played. If you do not want to partake in it, you cannot complain about this. You cannot fight back. You must just sit there and take votes.

#5) Please, Made, tell me what are my logical and cognitive dissonances? I have pointed out several of yours. Please, do tell.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dana wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I did not survive due to my role. I was awarded an automatic kill (NK or lynch) protection for recruiting SO many people by bea and BWT regardless of my role, and even though I'm generally talkative and aggressive, it's why I may have been especially so thus far. I doubt the hosts will confirm or deny, so people will just have to take my word for it as to whether they believe me, but it's the truth.
I definitely believe this. You were all for those prizes in the signups.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Dana, I appreciate the response. Are there any individuals that fit that bill ('avoiding suspicion') that you think we should look at? (not even necessarily as supicious, but just talk about?). What do you think of Sabie?
I haven't seen too much to make me think Sabie is bad. I have to go to class now, but I'll be back later to elaborate. As for who to look at, I'm not too certain. Maybe people who have been around a bit but haven't been extremely involved in conversation. Bass, BR, DF, and Hedge are a few names that stick out in the "I have no idea what their opinions are" way just from scanning down the poll really quickly.
Thanks, appreciated. Those are four individuals I remember pretty little from myself, though I can say this is relatively normal for DF. He's usually pretty quiet but when he talks has some insight to bring. When he's baddie, his occasional posts tend to say less, IMO, while he's a civvie he provides more insight. I could be off on that, but that's what I evaluate after playing with him these last few years.
I agree on Bass, BR, and Hedgeowl. DF made some good points regarding vote patterns which I thought were sound though.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DFaraday wrote:I'll go ahead and vote Daisy for now. I really don't like the way things are going down with MP.
Then I read this post which is completely different to his previous suspicions.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, MM, don't worry, of course this thread's biggest Rush fan got your reference.

:drums:
Thank you so much MP!!! :guitar:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Thanks as well, Snow Dog.

There is so much uncertainty today. Is anyone aside from Dom certain about who they want to lynch?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sorry for all the posts, but all of this uncertainty/waiting for votes to start coming in is disturbing me. I feel like a lot of folks are really treading lightly right now.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DFaraday »

Alright, let me explain. I wasn't really trying to vote Daisy; I was in a rush and just wanted to address Daisy while making sure I had a vote on the board (just in case), but I'm thinking I will more than likely vote for Elo, who is my actual top suspicion.

For the record, the thing about Daisy I've found most suspicious is that she keeps coming back to me, saying I should have put more thought into that planet vote. Not only did I explain that I don't overthink night polls, there are 50 years of Doctor Who and many episodes I haven't seen, including the ones those planets were apparently in. I wouldn't really have had anything to base my vote on anyway. I don't know why this was a big enough deal that she mentioned it like 3 times, but it has caught my attention.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Also,
Spacedaisy wrote:First let me say to MP, I really wish you would stop characterizing my listing my suspicions/thoughts as suspicion mongering. You are reading that into it. All I was doing was putting my thoughts out there, period. I wasn't looking to rally a lynch around anyone.

Are you serious? There's been widespread chaos and suspicions flying all over the place since this game started, and I was top of your list solely because I didn't put enough thought into one night poll?

It just doesn't make sense to me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Gotrees
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Gotrees »

Hey, noticed my name casually come up a few pages back. Looks like conversation has drifted away from me, but if anyone still has any questions for me, let me know and I'll try to address them next time I come online.

Regarding Dom: I find it interesting that it seems like he's managed to piss off a handful of people for different reasons. Is this his usual playstyle: dominating and accusatory? I voted Epig because of similar reasons, and it ended up badly, so I'd like to get the input of people who know him better before I make up my mind for this vote. I'm not entirely convinced by either Made's or Dom's arguments at this point, but Dom does seem more hostile. Don't know if that makes him more civvy or more baddy. Pretty sure Made has been pretty clear about his playstyle, but again, I'd like clarification on Dom.

Will probably look into some of the quieter players tomorrow too, as it seems a lot of you are doing. Admittedly, I don't think I have a lot to go off of for this vote. I'll see where discussion goes tomorrow.
Made wrote:I may be new, but i got furry.
Gotrees
Stool Pigeon

Post by Gotrees »

Hey, noticed my name casually come up a few pages back. Looks like conversation has drifted away from me, but if anyone still has any questions for me, let me know and I'll try to address them next time I come online.

Regarding Dom: I find it interesting that it seems like he's managed to piss off a handful of people for different reasons. Is this his usual playstyle: dominating and accusatory? I voted Epig because of similar reasons, and it ended up badly, so I'd like to get the input of people who know him better before I make up my mind for this vote. I'm not entirely convinced by either Made's or Dom's arguments at this point, but Dom does seem more hostile. Don't know if that makes him more civvy or more baddy. Pretty sure Made has been pretty clear about his playstyle, but again, I'd like clarification on Dom.

Will probably look into some of the quieter players tomorrow too, as it seems a lot of you are doing. Admittedly, I don't think I have a lot to go off of for this vote. I'll see where discussion goes tomorrow.
Gotrees
Stool Pigeon

Post by Gotrees »

Don't know why my messages keep being sent twice...
Gotrees
Stool Pigeon

Post by Gotrees »

Also, one more thing before I head to bed:

What happens if there's a tie?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

fingersplints wrote:
Chris wrote:A. I don't think LC can read me any better than the normal player. If anyone can read me, it's SVS.

hmm, I was going to ask SVS as well but then I thought of a game when I hosted you both and I think she helped get you lynched and you were both civvies. Well, ok then. SVS - what do you think about Chris this game? While I'm at it, I'd like to hear from juliets as well. Image
To be honest, he does not feel bad to me. I am not in agreement with most of what he says, but that does not make him bad. When he's bad he has more of a rubbing his hands together, chuckling maniacally quality that he is missing when he is civ. I am not seeing that here. It is possible he has switched his game up, but I think that would be something hard to suppress.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

DFaraday wrote:Alright, let me explain. I wasn't really trying to vote Daisy; I was in a rush and just wanted to address Daisy while making sure I had a vote on the board (just in case), but I'm thinking I will more than likely vote for Elo, who is my actual top suspicion.

For the record, the thing about Daisy I've found most suspicious is that she keeps coming back to me, saying I should have put more thought into that planet vote. Not only did I explain that I don't overthink night polls, there are 50 years of Doctor Who and many episodes I haven't seen, including the ones those planets were apparently in. I wouldn't really have had anything to base my vote on anyway. I don't know why this was a big enough deal that she mentioned it like 3 times, but it has caught my attention.
This works for me, DFaraday. What about you, Alex, are you satisfied by DF's responses here? I'd also like to know why DF was at the top of Daisy's list at whatever point she said that was, the timeline was kinda vague on that one for me.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Anyone else find it interesting that Dom, Blooper, and Bass all in a row express serious intention to vote Made? :ponder:

Anyway, going to let that sit and will mull over things... be back tomorrow, folks, and it probably won't be much. Busy day ahead of me!
I caught that too. But you can't convince me that Dom's suspicion of Made doesn't come across as genuine. Made's rebuttal suspicion of Dom - or in laymen's terms, Made's NO U - in contrast to Dom's attack feels a little forced. But I've been there before. I can see myself voting for Made but I'm not sure I'm quite sure I'm at that point yet.

Still not sure what to think of Bass. I only noticed a few small things in his posts but I don't think it's worth bringing up yet because it could be nothing.

Reread Hedgie per Roxy's suggestion and I think Roxy may be on to something here. Not much to go on, 15 posts so far. But it seems like Hedgeowl is dancing around answering Roxy re: the alleged fence riding during the juliets scandal of Day 1. The owl said that she would answer Roxy about that but still hasn't done so. I certainly entertained doubts about juliets1.0 for a brief moment in time but I quickly dismissed them; many others obviously did not dismiss those feelings as quickly. The fact that Hedgeowl cannot explain her POV on this matter with a quick sentence or two seems the strangest part to me, and has me strongly considering a Hedgie vote here. What do you think of her, MP?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
zeek wrote:I always change my style of play to fit my role so that doesn't make me suspicious of him. If a player is the same regardless of role, I'd see it as suspicious if they suddenly changed but nobody has said that really.
I've never played with you before, so I don't really have anything to say about your playstyle right now. :)
This post from MM stands out for some reason to me. Like Marshy is consciously straddling a line here, not committing to any current thoughts on Zeek atm. Keeping his options open perhaps? :mafia:

That said, I have never played with Zeek before either, and so I don't really know what to say about him either. Except that he's seemed genuine and helpful to me so far. That is, of course, what the good baddies do...
Gotrees wrote:Hey, noticed my name casually come up a few pages back. Looks like conversation has drifted away from me, but if anyone still has any questions for me, let me know and I'll try to address them next time I come online.

Why are you going to start your search with the low posters, Gotrees? I know it's akin to slogging through an accounting textbook to read through MP's posts (OMG DOUBLE BURN gotcha bro :p ) but you could aim a little higher than looking at your fellow low contributors. I liked your thoughts re: Dom vs. Made so I hope you share your other insights. And yes, the civvie Dom we all know and love is probably can be infamous for his aggression :zombie:

linki: Oh snap is it morning time in SVS land? SVS, have you got anything on Hedgeowl or Bass so far?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Man I really pulled an MP with that post ^ HEYYO
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

zeek wrote:SVS, I won a prize in that contest as well and that was not an option you are right. He said earlier that he got a prize for recruiting the most people to sign up to the game.

MP is a very polarising figure I think and Ihave went from thinking he was bad on Day 0 (infamous gambit) to believing him now. I see the issue of his near death splitting this game into factions and I don't like it. No matter what you think of him lets look at the facts:

- He was targetted by the Cybermen
- He survived
- He says he survived because of a prize
- Similar prizes DO exist in this game
- He posts a lot
- He can be annoying (sorry, its true)

Do these things make him bad? I don't think so. I take his long, rambling posts as an indication he has nobody to discuss the game with, i.e. no BTSC. This is just one opinion and I won't be voting for MP. I could be wrong. Absolutely nothing proves it one way or another. He could be hiding in plain sight, but I doubt it.
I have to say Mp isn't annoying(sorry, it's true) But he posts huge post whether good or bad because he loves mafia
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head~

Hedgeowl often sounds bad to me, so I am a poor judge of her. She has a tendency to say things that, on first glance, seem logical, but then when you reread them... she is a very good player, and for all her wordiness when she posts, she blends really, really well. She makes wall of text posts, so it is concerning that I recall little of substance of what she has said. I think Roxy made some good points, and Hedge is on my shortlist. Roxy is very, very good at pulling insights out of posts. She is on my "skulking around in the file room rereading list" for today.

Bass took a break for a while, and I was expecting to see a more involved game from him, but most of my experience is with Bass as a baddie, so this could be non-BTS Bass. Like Roxy, Bass is good at the sudden insight, and I had not thought much about his game specifically, but now I will reread him.

My short list, as zeek requested, is:

Daisy
Hedge
Metalmarsh

MM seems to have all opinions contrary to mine, which does not make him bad. But he seemed to be intentionally ignoring some things , and his posts just "feel" insincere to me.

My thought on Daisy have not changed. I think she was saved the other night. Her pre lynch psts were mainly buddying MP. I don't recal ever playing a game since they have been a couple where she was the bad one and he was a civ (I may have faulty recall here, but I can't think of one), so I would expect her to post as she has here were that the case. Her trying to pit he & I against each other (which is how I read her post, "Start arguing or you will seem suspicious". Then her response about not recalling WWE when I know for a fact that she & he have discussed topics specifically regarding how he reacts to me. And that game, where he & I were sending each other flame PMs when we were baddie teammates would be something that came up in any conversation he may have had regarding our dynamic. We were both pretty annoyed with each other in a reality way.

And thanks for the "Who Posted" list, in smaller games and on my computer, I tend to not need it, but on phone/tablet I am finding it makes like a zillion percent easier.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

ebwop~ I left off like a whole half a sentence, :greenblush:
SVS tried to say:
Her trying to pit he & I against each other (which is how I read her post, "Start arguing or you will seem suspicious" felt very like trying to set up a thread distraction, pit two loudmouths against each other, no one will be able to see anything else, IT WILL BE BADDIE HEAVEN!!)
...was how that was supposed to go, the cute l'il kitty distracted me.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog I just don't really see as bad still, though I hope he comes back soon because his absence so far this D3 makes me nervous
What are you talking about? We already chatted today! Not enough maybe? I have been reading and digesting the posts. Still clueless this game.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

It is obviously highly probable that at least one of the major contributors to this thread is bad. Equally there has to be many mafia amongst the low posters. Who of the low posters do the forumers most suspect?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

Turnip Head wrote:That said, I have never played with Zeek before either, and so I don't really know what to say about him either. Except that he's seemed genuine and helpful to me so far. That is, of course, what the good baddies do...
Wow, TH, that set off alarm bells in my head. Way to plant seeds there and make people think my motives aren't pure. That is worrying.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Planting seeds isn't really my thing though. If I want to make a case I'll make it. I have no reason to be alarmed by you now and am not suspicious of you. And in the context of my post I think that was clear
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

It was also a redundant point to make if you don't suspect me. Like saying even those who aren't suspicious are suspicious, for not being suspicious. See my point?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Gotrees wrote:Hey, noticed my name casually come up a few pages back. Looks like conversation has drifted away from me, but if anyone still has any questions for me, let me know and I'll try to address them next time I come online.

I wouldn't say I'm being accusatory. I simply have suspicions. And I've pursued them.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:MM seems to have all opinions contrary to mine, which does not make him bad. But he seemed to be intentionally ignoring some things , and his posts just "feel" insincere to me.
Like what?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Thanks for your input on hedge MP, TH and SVS.

I am still hoping she comes and responds to me and others today before the lynch ends. There is over 12 hours - plenty of time.

The Dom/Made thing leaves me feeling equally unsure about either of them quite frankly.

Bass is quiet but I have to say that during my Nyquil time he was taking care of stuff for me - I am not defending just saying he has had less time thesepast few days.
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey folks, working on a post as we speak, it's just taking a little while since I'm multitasking. Very curious for input once I finish.

And LOL TH 2.0, that was pretty hilarious. :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Gotrees: This is par for the course for Dom's style, if that helps. And typically in the case of a tie, the lucky "winner" will be chosen via a coin toss or dice roll type of randomization. However, I have seen rare exceptions, like when Epignosis hosts, he doesn't lynch anyone, it results in no lynch. But that is very atypical.

I'm worried about DFaraday. I might actually keep my vote there. I'm especially worried because two people I'm really not sure I feel I should trust, MM and TH 2.0, are interacting with the DF suspicion in an odd way.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I agree on Bass, BR, and Hedgeowl. DF made some good points regarding vote patterns which I thought were sound though.
It's interesting to note he thought DF made good points here, but it really says nothing about whether DF is bad or not, right? I mean, he could make those points regardless of alignment, and MM says nothing about it. Then he backtracks quickly and says:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I'll go ahead and vote Daisy for now. I really don't like the way things are going down with MP.
Then I read this post which is completely different to his previous suspicions.
Which is true, but in succession just reads weird. Does anyone else think so?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Sorry for all the posts, but all of this uncertainty/waiting for votes to start coming in is disturbing me. I feel like a lot of folks are really treading lightly right now.
Then this comment just seemed unnecessary, even if it is true.

I'll elaborate on TH 2.0 in a second. For now, DF's response:
DFaraday wrote:Alright, let me explain. I wasn't really trying to vote Daisy; I was in a rush and just wanted to address Daisy while making sure I had a vote on the board (just in case), but I'm thinking I will more than likely vote for Elo, who is my actual top suspicion.

I don't buy this. "I wasn't really trying to vote Daisy"? :ponder:

He clearly said he was voting her "for now" here though:
Without any explanation. Now this could be genuine, but I just don't know... Especially this:
DFaraday wrote:Also,

Are you serious? There's been widespread chaos and suspicions flying all over the place since this game started, and I was top of your list solely because I didn't put enough thought into one night poll?

I've played a lot of games with DF over the years but this seems uncharacteristic. He seems to no u Daisy and expresses a tone of outrage that I practically never see from DF. Can anyone else corroborate this for me or do you disagree?

Now for TH 2.0:
Turnip Head wrote:

This works for me, DFaraday. What about you, Alex, are you satisfied by DF's responses here? I'd also like to know why DF was at the top of Daisy's list at whatever point she said that was, the timeline was kinda vague on that one for me.

I caught that too. But you can't convince me that Dom's suspicion of Made doesn't come across as genuine. Made's rebuttal suspicion of Dom - or in laymen's terms, Made's NO U - in contrast to Dom's attack feels a little forced. But I've been there before. I can see myself voting for Made but I'm not sure I'm quite sure I'm at that point yet.

Still not sure what to think of Bass. I only noticed a few small things in his posts but I don't think it's worth bringing up yet because it could be nothing.

Reread Hedgie per Roxy's suggestion and I think Roxy may be on to something here. Not much to go on, 15 posts so far. But it seems like Hedgeowl is dancing around answering Roxy re: the alleged fence riding during the juliets scandal of Day 1. The owl said that she would answer Roxy about that but still hasn't done so. I certainly entertained doubts about juliets1.0 for a brief moment in time but I quickly dismissed them; many others obviously did not dismiss those feelings as quickly. The fact that Hedgeowl cannot explain her POV on this matter with a quick sentence or two seems the strangest part to me, and has me strongly considering a Hedgie vote here. What do you think of her, MP?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
zeek wrote:I always change my style of play to fit my role so that doesn't make me suspicious of him. If a player is the same regardless of role, I'd see it as suspicious if they suddenly changed but nobody has said that really.
I've never played with you before, so I don't really have anything to say about your playstyle right now. :)
This post from MM stands out for some reason to me. Like Marshy is consciously straddling a line here, not committing to any current thoughts on Zeek atm. Keeping his options open perhaps? :mafia:

That said, I have never played with Zeek before either, and so I don't really know what to say about him either. Except that he's seemed genuine and helpful to me so far. That is, of course, what the good baddies do...

Why are you going to start your search with the low posters, Gotrees? I know it's akin to slogging through an accounting textbook to read through MP's posts (OMG DOUBLE BURN gotcha bro :p ) but you could aim a little higher than looking at your fellow low contributors. I liked your thoughts re: Dom vs. Made so I hope you share your other insights. And yes, the civvie Dom we all know and love is probably can be infamous for his aggression :zombie:

linki: Oh snap is it morning time in SVS land? SVS, have you got anything on Hedgeowl or Bass so far?
Interesting that TH 2.0 just accepts it as "this works for me". It also seems TH 2.0 sets up for a possible Made vote without committing to it just yet, which strikes me as a bit odd given there is this sudden thread-wide Made push (to at least some degree now). I also thought this same thing:
zeek wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:That said, I have never played with Zeek before either, and so I don't really know what to say about him either. Except that he's seemed genuine and helpful to me so far. That is, of course, what the good baddies do...
Wow, TH, that set off alarm bells in my head. Way to plant seeds there and make people think my motives aren't pure. That is worrying.
And it worried me as well.

What do others think? Anything here or not so much? Anyway, I might just keep my vote on DF to be honest.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

TH 2.0, you can see my thoughts on Hedge here by the way: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 678#p87678. Don't worry, I wasn't ignoring your question, just wanted to finish those thoughts. I feel like DF isn't really being discussed too seriously which makes me wonder if he really is on one of the baddie teams and people are casually defending him since there doesn't appear to be much momentum in this direction, in conjunction with riding the tide for Made.

I've wondered about Made all game, but I'm not so sure I'm convinced he's a good way to go based on how people are just latching onto him, and because much of the argument (besides Dom's, really, which seems like the only genuine and fully developed suspicion of Made to me) is that "he's playing differently". Made is still relatively new and trying to develop his style, so I'm not sure why this argument is THAT compelling. Sure, it's a bit interesting, but...
S~V~S wrote:Turnip Head~

Hedgeowl often sounds bad to me, so I am a poor judge of her. She has a tendency to say things that, on first glance, seem logical, but then when you reread them... she is a very good player, and for all her wordiness when she posts, she blends really, really well. She makes wall of text posts, so it is concerning that I recall little of substance of what she has said. I think Roxy made some good points, and Hedge is on my shortlist. Roxy is very, very good at pulling insights out of posts. She is on my "skulking around in the file room rereading list" for today.

Bass took a break for a while, and I was expecting to see a more involved game from him, but most of my experience is with Bass as a baddie, so this could be non-BTS Bass. Like Roxy, Bass is good at the sudden insight, and I had not thought much about his game specifically, but now I will reread him.

My short list, as zeek requested, is:

Daisy
Hedge
Metalmarsh

MM seems to have all opinions contrary to mine, which does not make him bad. But he seemed to be intentionally ignoring some things , and his posts just "feel" insincere to me.

My thought on Daisy have not changed. I think she was saved the other night. Her pre lynch psts were mainly buddying MP. I don't recal ever playing a game since they have been a couple where she was the bad one and he was a civ (I may have faulty recall here, but I can't think of one), so I would expect her to post as she has here were that the case. Her trying to pit he & I against each other (which is how I read her post, "Start arguing or you will seem suspicious". Then her response about not recalling WWE when I know for a fact that she & he have discussed topics specifically regarding how he reacts to me. And that game, where he & I were sending each other flame PMs when we were baddie teammates would be something that came up in any conversation he may have had regarding our dynamic. We were both pretty annoyed with each other in a reality way.

And thanks for the "Who Posted" list, in smaller games and on my computer, I tend to not need it, but on phone/tablet I am finding it makes like a zillion percent easier.
I could possibly get behind a Hedge or MM vote because, as I've mentioned but I have a ton of posts so I'm going to restate it, MM has worried me off and on throughout the game for perceived lack of sincerity.

The only thing that makes me nervous about Hedge is a concurrent somewhat subtle push from the thread in her direction lately as well.

I highly doubt I'll be voting for Daisy today. I think there are more compelling things going on, and I want to concentrate on the players who have been slipping by most or all of the discussion because I think we're more apt to catch a baddie today that way, especially given recent thread happenings.

S~V~S, I'm really curious to your thoughts after some re-reading and what you think of Roxy in particular. I'm pretty sure I won't be voting for Rox today but I'm having a hard time figuring her out and I know you know her pretty well.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sorry about the weird sequence of posts MP. I thought DF was good up to where I read your post that mentioned him with Bullz, Bass and BR (I believe those 3). I responded to that post before reading further, and saw that DF came in almost immediately after with his suspicion of SD. That seemed completely out of left field to me, and that also made my thoughts on him look odd, i understand.

I'm also posting from my ipad while I wait for class to start, otherwise I would have nice separated quotes for you.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

splints, regarding Chris SVS expressed exactly what I see from him so far. The only thing that makes me uncomfortable is if his game is as different as he claims maybe that maniacally rubbing his hands together part of his baddie game is gone.

I will admit I'm struggling with this game so far - so many accusations that I don't feel like I can accurately sort the data fast enough. I can't believe I've played with Dom so long and still don't know his game very well. So far though the accusations against him are not attractive to me. MP I'm completely up in the air on. One thing I have noticed about him when he's bad is his thoughts/theories seem to just go into overdrive and some of the most outlandish theories surface. I remember him talking a lot (perfectly normal) but not having outlandish theories yet. I'm going back over his posts though (oh god help me) to make sure. Hedge I'm worried about especially since she promised Roxy that explanation twice and hasn't delivered.

Elo doesn't strike me as bad even though she voted for juliets 1.0 for no reason other than 'well, I guess it's Juliets today' and then said she really wasn't playing this game because of the other game. This sounds just like Elo and something she would say as a civ. No sugar coating, just 'yes, i've voting this person just because she looks like the one to vote and oh by the way I'm not really playing this game'. I believe if she were bad her baddie teammates would have helped her craft something more acceptable.

So what about made and zeek and splints (didn't someone have her on their list? why was that?) and Daisy and Bass (I'm a little worried there) and people whose names i don't remember right now? I don't know. I have a lot of re-reading to do.

linki, will read after i post
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Now, on that note, I have a lot of work to get done today, so I really have to go. I'm really curious what others think because I think I might be onto something but I'm not sure. But I'm not feeling particularly satisfied with DF's responses so I'm still keeping my vote there for now.

Woah linki, gotta go guys, sorry can't read these right now
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MP, yes his response of "Are you serious" struck me as very un-DF like. I had just forgotten about it. I agree that I have never seen him post with that degree of intensity no matter what was going on. I'm not sure what it means though.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

MovingPictures07 wrote: I've played a lot of games with DF over the years but this seems uncharacteristic. He seems to no u Daisy and expresses a tone of outrage that I practically never see from DF. Can anyone else corroborate this for me or do you disagree?
Clearly you weren't there for my LOST flipout. I can get very testy when I feel unjustly accused; in this case, the fact that Daisy had literally nothing to go on other than not liking my reason for voting in the night poll, and yet saying that I'm her top suspect because of that.

And of course I was actually voting Daisy, but what I meant was it wasn't intended to be permanent. I just wanted to call attention to her before heading out, then come back and actually vote later. On that note, I am voting Elo based on the fact that she was part of the Juliet-wagon, then the Azure-wagon, then she made no attempt to defend herself other than "I'm always blendy", then she mysteriously survived an NK from the civ ninja.

*Votes Elo*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I honeslty don't remember the Lost meltdown DF but will take your word for it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:Also,

I've played a lot of games with DF over the years but this seems uncharacteristic. He seems to no u Daisy and expresses a tone of outrage that I practically never see from DF. Can anyone else corroborate this for me or do you disagree?
If you read it in that tone, then yeah, I would say it is out of character for DFaraday. However, I didn't see outrage as much as I saw confusion. My interpretation could be totally wrong, but that's what I saw. DFaraday and I started playing in the same game, on the same team way back in like 2009 or so, so I try to think I might be able to grasp his game. What bothers me most is lack of real content. DF usually posts a little but says a lot. I'm not seeing that.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 80

Post by fingersplints »

juliets wrote:splints, regarding Chris SVS expressed exactly what I see from him so far. The only thing that makes me uncomfortable is if his game is as different as he claims maybe that maniacally rubbing his hands together part of his baddie game is gone.

I will admit I'm struggling with this game so far - so many accusations that I don't feel like I can accurately sort the data fast enough. I can't believe I've played with Dom so long and still don't know his game very well. So far though the accusations against him are not attractive to me. MP I'm completely up in the air on. One thing I have noticed about him when he's bad is his thoughts/theories seem to just go into overdrive and some of the most outlandish theories surface. I remember him talking a lot (perfectly normal) but not having outlandish theories yet. I'm going back over his posts though (oh god help me) to make sure. Hedge I'm worried about especially since she promised Roxy that explanation twice and hasn't delivered.

Elo doesn't strike me as bad even though she voted for juliets 1.0 for no reason other than 'well, I guess it's Juliets today' and then said she really wasn't playing this game because of the other game. This sounds just like Elo and something she would say as a civ. No sugar coating, just 'yes, i've voting this person just because she looks like the one to vote and oh by the way I'm not really playing this game'. I believe if she were bad her baddie teammates would have helped her craft something more acceptable.

So what about made and zeek and splints (didn't someone have her on their list? why was that?) and Daisy and Bass (I'm a little worried there) and people whose names i don't remember right now? I don't know. I have a lot of re-reading to do.

linki, will read after i post
thanks for your response re:Chris. Like I have said, I tend to always view him as bad.

as for me being on someones list, I was on Made's # 3 spot for a "peak of interest". I'm still waiting for him to clarify what that means.

Also, I'm right there with you. (the struggling) I don't know if it's the amount of people or the amount of suspicions flying around or what, but I am having a harder time than usual too.
Gro-oo-ovy
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Splints, at lunch. Just caught up but not enough time to preply in full. Read the post before my previous, the one that quotes you. It pinged me, and I want to read further into it

Return to “Previous Jobs”