Game Over! Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Moderator: Community Team

How did Das Porcu do co-hosting his first game?

Stupendous!
80%
Horrific!
No votes
Who is Das Porcu?
No votes
Fucking fabulous!!/Hosts
20%

Total votes: 15
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Day 3 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Made »

S~V~S wrote: Linki ha ha
I wasn't being rhetorical :|
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

SVS, can you elaborate on your vote for LC? Do you agree with me about his "who do you think will get lynched?" question?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Canucklehead »

S~V~S wrote:He backed off of me, though. And LC put the SVS suspicion back in the thread by voting for me.
The second half of your statement seems to indicate that the first might not be true. :biggrin:

Anywho, I was asking juliets the question because I was trying to determine if she was possibly forwarding LC's aims (i.e. getting the suspicions repeated to make sure it doesn't fade from people's minds while they might be looking for a handy "not-made" vote), or possibly protecting your interests (i.e. making LC's case look flimsy by questioning/minimizing it)....just trying to be like the Big Mafia Kids and do some "prodding" or "scumhunting" or whatever...trying to provoke a response from someone who has been wishy-washy-ish all game.....

I'm not sure it was a particularly successful tactic (i.e. juliets response seems pretty reasonable, and not strongly indicitive of a close alignment to either you or LC), but I'm just trying shit out. :noble:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 375

Post by S~V~S »

Made wrote:
S~V~S wrote: Linki ha ha
I wasn't being rhetorical :|
I wasn't ha ha ing at you :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Canucklehead wrote:
juliets wrote:LonG Con, if you're still around, can you be more specific about why you are voting for SVS? Is it something she said, some way that she's been acting, or just a feeling?

linki - yes bullz i ask a lot of questions. It's a hallmark of my style.
Juliets, this is a really weird question. LC and SVS have had several back-and-forths where his suspicion of her was outlined and explained in great detail, and her responses were also very detailed. What more specificity are you looking for? Or are you subtly trying to keep putting the SVS suspicion out into the thread in the hopes that people will latch onto it? I'm not sure who you might be trying to protect by doing this.... :ponder:
Need to think on it...
Yeah, I thought both LC and SVS had explained their feelings about each other quite clearly. This feels too much like JC trying to play it safe and not take sides.

And Bullz, that was the one case about JC that I wasn't quite sure about. Reading back though looking for that Made quote about MR, I remember the conversation LC and JC had had, and that was what pinged me with her before.

As for Made's case about MR, I agree on some points and disagree on others. I think he pushed for Made earlier on, but I do agree that he can usually be a bit slower to start up at the beginning of games. I feel mixed enough that I will not be voting for MR today.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Llama I will address you and Made too when I get home. It is was easier to pull quotes at home than on phone.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm not sure what you mean by me trying not to take sides? Why would I have even asked the question if I'm trying to stay out of it and not take sides? I ask a lot of questions, sometimes they are good and sometimes others may see them as foolish but that's how I baddie hunt.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Llama I will address you and Made too when I get home. It is was easier to pull quotes at home than on phone.
Thank you! BWT says you've expressed your feelings about LC quite well, but I am not seeing it in a reread, so I am interested to hear your thoughts.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

EBWOP: That post was to BWT.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

juliets wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by me trying not to take sides? Why would I have even asked the question if I'm trying to stay out of it and not take sides? I ask a lot of questions, sometimes they are good and sometimes others may see them as foolish but that's how I baddie hunt.
I know you do. But I feel like LC has made it fairly clear why he suspects SVS multiple times, and she has offered detailed defenses.

If you have time before the lynch ends, I would suggest going back and reading it. Because your response may determine if I vote for you or not.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
juliets wrote:LonG Con, if you're still around, can you be more specific about why you are voting for SVS? Is it something she said, some way that she's been acting, or just a feeling?

linki - yes bullz i ask a lot of questions. It's a hallmark of my style.
Juliets, this is a really weird question. LC and SVS have had several back-and-forths where his suspicion of her was outlined and explained in great detail, and her responses were also very detailed. What more specificity are you looking for? Or are you subtly trying to keep putting the SVS suspicion out into the thread in the hopes that people will latch onto it? I'm not sure who you might be trying to protect by doing this.... :ponder:
Need to think on it...
Yeah, I thought both LC and SVS had explained their feelings about each other quite clearly. This feels too much like JC trying to play it safe and not take sides.
Huh, nice catch. (Or at least nice articulate of the catch). While at points I didn't understand their arguement (see back when they were talking about warnings) clarification would of been asked for, not more discussion of each other...

Linki- what were you trying to accomplish with this question in particular?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: And Bullz, that was the one case about JC that I wasn't quite sure about. Reading back though looking for that Made quote about MR, I remember the conversation LC and JC had had, and that was what pinged me with her before.
Also, are you talking about the posts where LC thought I had brought up something about Made that was far fetched and it pinged him, and it turned out somebody else brought the point up earlier than me and it didn't ping him. When I finally was able to prove that he backed off that point.

And BWT I already re-read it and now understand what LC's reasons were.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Not sure if that last post made sense so clarifying. I didn't understand parts of the initial points svs and lc. If she didn't understand the answers she would want clarification not answers.
(No corrections of paragraph 2)
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Pronouns...if JC didn't understand....*
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

juliets wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote: And Bullz, that was the one case about JC that I wasn't quite sure about. Reading back though looking for that Made quote about MR, I remember the conversation LC and JC had had, and that was what pinged me with her before.
Also, are you talking about the posts where LC thought I had brought up something about Made that was far fetched and it pinged him, and it turned out somebody else brought the point up earlier than me and it didn't ping him. When I finally was able to prove that he backed off that point.

And BWT I already re-read it and now understand what LC's reasons were.
Alright. Did you already state what you took away from it or not? Because if you did, I missed it.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

BWT, I'm between a rock and a hard place. Canuck is suspish because she thinks I only asked the question so LC's suspicions would be listed again, thus being bad for SVS (at least thats what I interpreted that she said). You want me to say here what LC's suspicions of SVS are, though I'm not sure of the reason you want me to do that. Either way I go someone is going to be displeased.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 35

Post by a2thezebra »

Made town.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

juliets wrote:BWT, I'm between a rock and a hard place. Canuck is suspish because she thinks I only asked the question so LC's suspicions would be listed again, thus being bad for SVS (at least thats what I interpreted that she said). You want me to say here what LC's suspicions of SVS are, though I'm not sure of the reason you want me to do that. Either way I go someone is going to be displeased.
I won't be displeased, juliets. Don't hold your tongue on my account. :shrug:

I'm not "suspish" of you, as I stated in my last post.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Remember fellow townies, it's not too late to change your vote, nor is it too late to place your vote on a scum-aligned player.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

juliets wrote:BWT, I'm between a rock and a hard place. Canuck is suspish because she thinks I only asked the question so LC's suspicions would be listed again, thus being bad for SVS (at least thats what I interpreted that she said). You want me to say here what LC's suspicions of SVS are, though I'm not sure of the reason you want me to do that. Either way I go someone is going to be displeased.
I'm not asking you to re-state suspicions. I'm asking you what you opinion is of LC and SVS. Statements like that make me think you're afraid of making a commitment, and make me more likely to think you're bad. But you might be able to clear up what my mind is thinking.

It's not like I'm saying for sure I'm going to vote for you. I just want to see you give a hard opinion on something. Because I don't feel like you have this game. At all.

Linki: Who is scum-aligned then, in your opinion?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
I'm not asking you to re-state suspicions. I'm asking you what you opinion is of LC and SVS. Statements like that make me think you're afraid of making a commitment, and make me more likely to think you're bad. But you might be able to clear up what my mind is thinking.

It's not like I'm saying for sure I'm going to vote for you. I just want to see you give a hard opinion on something. Because I don't feel like you have this game. At all.

BWT - I made a whole list did you not see it? It had who I thought was good, who I wasnt sure of and who I was suspicious of besides made. If you didn't see it I'll find the linky for it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

See vote.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Keterman wrote:Made town.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

juliets wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

BWT - I made a whole list did you not see it? It had who I thought was good, who I wasnt sure of and who I was suspicious of besides made. If you didn't see it I'll find the linky for it.
I did, but I couldn't find it for some reason. Could you link me to it?

Also, you're still beating around the bush here. ;)
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Keterman wrote:See vote.
And why do you think MR is bad?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm going to place my vote on MM for now because I just can't shake my gut feeling about him.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Keterman voted MR, Teefies.

Does he have anything to add toMades case, I wonder?

Linki fest
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Keterman wrote:See vote.
And why do you think MR is bad?
His posts appear insincere and contrived to manipulate the civilian masses.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Here is the list I made last night. Made would fall into the group I'm suspicious of but when SVS asked for my list she said if made were off the board who would be left for me. Note that at the bottom where it says MM it should say MR. I corrected that through a thread post. Since the time of this list I have two questions for MR that he has not answered and depending on his answer he may be my strongest suspicion.
And I'm not beating around the bush. I published this last night.
juliets wrote:S~V~S, I am better able to do this backwards, i.e., tell you who I'm not suspecting at the moment:

canuck
dana
hedgeowl
long con
lorab
daisy
SVS
llama

so that leaves:
bea
boogs
bullz
metalmarsh
mr rearranger
mongoose
blooper
reywas

Of those, the ones that I would take a closer look at first are:
boogs
MM
mongoose
reywas

Boogs i have had a pingy feeling about but want to review his most recent posts. MM, made laid out a case on him and was surprised that he got no reaction from the rest of us. I need to re-read him and then re-read made's case because it did not make an impression on me. Mongoose because canuck had a strong feeling about her and I just haven't had time to re-read and think closely about her yet and reywas I was pinged by something early but I can't remember what so that calls for a re-read. If made were off the board these would be the people I looked at most closely unlesssomeone comes forward with something meaty about someone else.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I could get behind an MR lynch.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

S~V~S wrote:Keterman voted MR, Teefies.

Linki fest
You and Long Con are townies under the influence of dark spirrrritual forccces...
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Alright. Thanks for that then, JC.

I need some time to sit and reflect on all of this before I vote.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Keterman wrote:

Linki fest
You and Long Con are townies under the influence of dark spirrrritual forccces...
What on Earth does this mean?
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Bullzeye wrote:
Keterman wrote:

Linki fest
The obvious interpretation is Long Con and SVS are being pitted against each other.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Made wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Keterman wrote:

Linki fest
The obvious interpretation is Long Con and SVS are being pitted against each other.
not to say it's the right one
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Made wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Keterman wrote:

Linki fest
Well yeah but I feel like they've been against each other for longer than any outside force could make them be.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 75

Re: Night 2 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Mister Rearranger »

I've been away, Juliet. Here ya go.
juliets wrote: I don't remember MR answering this though it may be that he did and I missed it since I didn't really catch this point the first time around. MR, why did you call the BWT/Daisy/Canuck votes in a row coincidental?
It had a pre-emptive strike kind of feel to it, if that makes sense.

And to answer your 2nd question, I voted MM to lay down a vote in case I missed the deadline. I'm not confident in it or any ideas beyond my gut read of Enrique before, and he is not an option.

BWT's right, I have gotten off to a very slow start in this game and I'm not sure when I'm going to start "feeling it". I'm putting forth as much effort as I can though.

On a light note, my sister had a ballin' 21st birthday celebration, mission accomplished. :)
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 45
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

I'm starving and I just got home from work. I'm going with Made for reasons already stated (simplicity and all that jazz) so I can eat and relax sans computer for a while, as I've been working with one all day and I'd like a break :) I plan on being back later tonight to check the thread.

Yay quesadilla time! And happy birthday, MR!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 45
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

nijuukyugou wrote:I'm starving and I just got home from work. I'm going with Made for reasons already stated (simplicity and all that jazz) so I can eat and relax sans computer for a while, as I've been working with one all day and I'd like a break :) I plan on being back later tonight to check the thread.

And by that I mean happy birthday to your sister :blush: Told you I needed a break.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

Voting Made because nothing has changed my mind since yesterday. If he turns up bad, we may see who his teammates are.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Re: Night 2 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by juliets »

Mister Rearranger wrote:I've been away, Juliet. Here ya go.
juliets wrote: I don't remember MR answering this though it may be that he did and I missed it since I didn't really catch this point the first time around. MR, why did you call the BWT/Daisy/Canuck votes in a row coincidental?
It had a pre-emptive strike kind of feel to it, if that makes sense.
Thank you for responding MR. I'm still a little confused about the first item. You called their votes coincidental which means there was no connection between the three but to explain why you called them coincidental you say they had the feeling of a pre-emptive strike. That would be the opposite of coincidental. A pre-emptive strike would be planned and coordinated I would think. I must be misreading you somehow - can you clear me up?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

nijuukyugou wrote:I'm starving and I just got home from work. I'm going with Made for reasons already stated (simplicity and all that jazz) so I can eat and relax sans computer for a while, as I've been working with one all day and I'd like a break :) I plan on being back later tonight to check the thread.

This is a weak vote. You should know as well as I do that Made has not done anything against his history as a benevolent gangster.

linki - His suspicions are make-believe, and from that comes the contradiction.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Boogs wrote:Voting Made because nothing has changed my mind since yesterday. If he turns up bad, we may see who his teammates are.

Not even when I directly replied to your original reason for voting for me-That even a civvie would want to defend themself- nothing has changed?

I just want to make sure you acknowledge this post before In case i do die.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

I'm afraid I'm going to forget/miss the vote, since I'm frantically lesson-planning and prepping right now. I didn't have time to go back and look at Made's MR case (wasted too much time trying to prod poor juliets :P ), and I haven't really seen a compelling reason to vote there (though other people seem to?), and I'm not a fan of the "Vote made for informational purposes, yo!" approach (though I get why people think it might be useful), and I'm worried that my phantom MM suspicion is being fueled purely by the fumes of other phantom MM suspicions, since no one seems to be willing/able to pull anything concrete despite apparent efforts to do so......so I might repeat a Mongoose vote, for gutty reasons, and for her response to my suspicions not being enough to shake my gutty feelings.

My only hesitation re: MM is that he hasn't seemed to have had any sort of reaction to all the "I think I'm suspicious of MM but I have no reason or evidence for why" talk (including my own) that has been tossed about in the last few days. When I'm a civ and my name keeps coming up for absolutely no reason at all, I get CRAY CRAY bothered by it and make a big fuss. Maybe that's just not the way MM rolls, but I do find it a little odd that he isn't at all bugged by the really flimsy accusations about him and the repeated resurfacing of his name.
(If such a response exists, please someone point me to it....)

Voting Mongoose for now......open to changing it if I have time/remember to come back before the poll ends and someone makes a really good argument for doing so (not because I don't suspect her, but because I realize that my vote is pretty useless there all by its lonesome)

linki: really interesting point, juliets. :ponder:
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Canucklehead wrote:I'm afraid I'm going to forget/miss the vote, since I'm frantically lesson-planning and prepping right now. I didn't have time to go back and look at Made's MR case (wasted too much time trying to prod poor juliets :P ), and I haven't really seen a compelling reason to vote there (though other people seem to?), and I'm not a fan of the "Vote made for informational purposes, yo!" approach (though I get why people think it might be useful), and I'm worried that my phantom MM suspicion is being fueled purely by the fumes of other phantom MM suspicions, since no one seems to be willing/able to pull anything concrete despite apparent efforts to do so......so I might repeat a Mongoose vote, for gutty reasons, and for her response to my suspicions not being enough to shake my gutty feelings.

My only hesitation re: MM is that he hasn't seemed to have had any sort of reaction to all the "I think I'm suspicious of MM but I have no reason or evidence for why" talk (including my own) that has been tossed about in the last few days. When I'm a civ and my name keeps coming up for absolutely no reason at all, I get CRAY CRAY bothered by it and make a big fuss. Maybe that's just not the way MM rolls, but I do find it a little odd that he isn't at all bugged by the really flimsy accusations about him and the repeated resurfacing of his name.
(If such a response exists, please someone point me to it....)

Voting Mongoose for now......open to changing it if I have time/remember to come back before the poll ends and someone makes a really good argument for doing so (not because I don't suspect her, but because I realize that my vote is pretty useless there all by its lonesome)

linki: really interesting point, juliets. :ponder:
What was your opinion of voting to save me? I'd be willing to change my vote to MM, another vote from JC (I think she also spoke suspicions of MM) would be enough to at least tie it.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Jules and Knuckles, I highly recommend voting MR.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm hearing you Keterman -

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Enrique »

Wait shit I didn't realize this was ending so early.

Catching up~~
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Fml. Health inspector just.left.and we.are.at.a.fail. I'm going.to put in a leap of.faith.vote.at Mr. He.hasn't.screamed baddie but.he hasn't exactly screemed civ.to.me.either
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

What is this, M is for Mafia? Without a sole exception, all of the vote-recipients have M-names.

Dial M for Mafia? This takes me back to the B is for Baddie days.

Not voting Made (at least for today) after Day 2's lynch debacle. That's a whole plate of shark tail I just can't wifom into right now, y'all.

Scanning like a madwoman and then voting so I can leave work, ha.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”