Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106

Re: Death Note Mafia [NIGHT 2]

Post by Elohcin »

Turnip Head wrote:Yep, in the show, Kira is able to write the circumstances of a death and the express time it happens. He also has a limited form of mind control over his victims, depending on how he chooses to kill them and whether his commands are realistic.

It's quite scary to think that this mechanic has made its way into this game. My guess is that MP gave Kira options: before, during or after a Night phase, before, during or after a Lynch phase.

linki: I think the game is over either once all the detectives OR all the Kiras are dead, and the Yotsuba have a win condition that they must accomplish before this happens.
So as a detective or a kira, you wouldn't have to worry about the yotsuba at all then? They are simply just there?

Linki: And I that heavy?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

ebwop: AM I that heavy?
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Made wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote: And I am confused as well about Yotsuba. Do they need to be deaded for the detectives to win? And Kira wins when the detectives are gone (so says page 1) but what about Yotsuba for them. MP can you clear this up?
This is all I can say regarding each faction's win conditions:

Detectives (12)
Detectives win when all killers (Kiras) have been stopped and justice has prevailed.
Yotsuba Group (7)
While Higuchi possesses a Death Note, every night all members of Yotsuba decide on whom Kira should kill. They do not share BTSC by default. Members of Yotsuba Group win by ??????.
Kira and His Sympathizers (7)
Unlike typical baddie teams, these roles do not all share BTSC by default. See individual roles for publicly known BTSC information. Kira and His Sympathizers win when Kira has eliminated the Detectives and subsequently starts his utopian New World.
IF a win condition is fulfilled, is the game over?
Very good question.

Not necessarily, no.
ok, This is going to ruffle a lot of feathers.....

What if we try to kill all the Kiras, then kill all the detectives? This way, the Detectives win, then most of the Kira supporters win.
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

Crushed to death by sex.

I go there.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

*I'd
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

@Eloh: Well, the Yotsuba have the possibility of killing detectives, but they also might kill Kiras. I'd say they're a bit of a wildcard bunch, but we don't need them all dead, just their leader.

linki @Made: Whatchyu talkin bout Williw?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Willis*
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 302

Post by Zombarella »

Made wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Made wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote: And I am confused as well about Yotsuba. Do they need to be deaded for the detectives to win? And Kira wins when the detectives are gone (so says page 1) but what about Yotsuba for them. MP can you clear this up?

Detectives (12)
Detectives win when all killers (Kiras) have been stopped and justice has prevailed.
Yotsuba Group (7)
While Higuchi possesses a Death Note, every night all members of Yotsuba decide on whom Kira should kill. They do not share BTSC by default. Members of Yotsuba Group win by ??????.
Unlike typical baddie teams, these roles do not all share BTSC by default. See individual roles for publicly known BTSC information. Kira and His Sympathizers win when Kira has eliminated the Detectives and subsequently starts his utopian New World.
Very good question.

Not necessarily, no.

What if we try to kill all the Kiras, then kill all the detectives? This way, the Detectives win, then most of the Kira supporters win.
Um...who is this "we"?
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Made are you saying you're either Yotsuba or a Kira sympathizer?
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

Made wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Made wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Detectives (12)
Yotsuba Group (7)
Very good question.

Not necessarily, no.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And I think my post explains when the endgame might occur, Made. I don't believe your plan to be feasible.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Zomberella12 wrote:
Made wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Made wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Detectives (12)
Yotsuba Group (7)
Very good question.

Not necessarily, no.

Um...who is this "we"?
We is everyone In this game. IF we can convince Kira Sympathisers to collaborate to find Detectives, Detectives can win, then Kira supporters would win. it goes from a 7 v 12 situation to a 4 v 17 situation.

Turnip- stand by, reading that.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Turnip Head wrote:@Eloh: Well, the Yotsuba have the possibility of killing detectives, but they also might kill Kiras. I'd say they're a bit of a wildcard bunch, but we don't need them all dead, just their leader.
Thank you. That's helpful.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Right here Made:
Turnip Head wrote:linki: I think the game is over either once all the detectives OR all the Kiras are dead, and the Yotsuba have a win condition that they must accomplish before this happens.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Turnip Head wrote:Right here Made:
Turnip Head wrote:linki: I think the game is over either once all the detectives OR all the Kiras are dead, and the Yotsuba have a win condition that they must accomplish before this happens.
I wouldn't be so sure of this. I have no information to back this up, but this is a MP game, IF he didn't think about this, then it's possible. I'm pretty sure this is off enough to work.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

This character fits the way Llama is acting. Didn't someone suggest that people might be getting points for being the first to vote? That would also fit.

Hitoshi Demegawa – A very greedy man who feeds off of publicity, Demegawa is director of Sakura TV. If L dies, Demegawa asserts himself as Kira’s spokesman and constantly rallies for Kira supporters to participate in various violent acts of protest. (Secrets)
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Made, why do you want the Kira supporters to win so badly?
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Turnip Head wrote:Made, why do you want the Kira supporters to win so badly?
I don't. But everyone wants to complete their win condition. All I'm doing is seeing if we can line up those win condition to get the most people on the same team as possible.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 198

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by S~V~S »

S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Later
I think you should do it now, just in case. You don't?
I do not.
Well, I do, and I intend to harp on it.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Made wrote:
I don't. But everyone wants to complete their win condition. All I'm doing is seeing if we can line up those win condition to get the most people on the same team as possible.
Fine, lets all join together and lynch the Kiras. Any idea who they might be?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Zomberella12 wrote:Fine, lets all join together and lynch the Kiras. Any idea who they might be?
52 pages and this is where we're at :haha:
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Zomberella12 wrote:
Made wrote:
Fine, lets all join together and lynch the Kiras. Any idea who they might be?
I do not, but if you find out, hmu!

linki- right, Turnip?
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 148

Post by Black Rock »

I am like 6 or 7 pages behind now. The thread blew up while I was gone, I'm going to have to read to find out what happened. All I have read so far is the lynch post and the death of LC. I didn't see a BWT lynch coming at all, I was certain everyone would pile on Snowman.
ImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Yo, MP, What happens in a Tie lynch?
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Turnip Head wrote:
Zomberella12 wrote:Fine, lets all join together and lynch the Kiras. Any idea who they might be?
So these are the four people that we need to lynch in order to win:

Light Yagami (Kira) – The initial finder of a Death Note, Light is a high-school senior who quickly grows obsessed with power, declaring himself the ultimate decider of criminals’ fates. Determined to create a new perfect world without evil, Light will manipulate or kill anyone in his way. Has BTSC with Ryuk. (Secrets)

Misa Amane (Second Kira) – A famous model whose parents were murdered by a man that Kira kills with his Death Note, Misa becomes infatuated with Kira and makes desperate moves to meet him. She thereafter becomes Light’s girlfriend, incredibly complacent to his demands. Gains BTSC with Rem when she receives her Death Note.(Secrets)

Kyosuke Higuchi (Third Kira) – A very greedy and power-hungry man who becomes the owner of a Death Note if a certain chain of events occurs. However, little does he know he is no more than a tool in an elaborate scheme orchestrated by the original Kira. Each night, while in possession of a Death Note, he votes on a victim for Kira to kill, concealing the fact that he is actually the one deciding others’ fates. Higuchi cannot be lynched or night killed until he receives a Death Note; thereafter, even if the Note is taken from him, he can die. When he possesses a Death Note, all members of Yotsuba vote on a player to die every night, but Higuchi has a choice to override the player to be killed. However, if he does so, he risks the chance of outing himself to his fellow members. Each member currently alive has a 25% chance of learning Higuchi’s real identity every time a kill is overriden, with a 75% chance of instead receiving a randomly redirected result. When he gains his Death Note, he is offered the Shinigami Eye Deal. If Higuchi takes the Eye Deal, he can role check two players every night but he must kill one of those two players; this only applies if he overrides the kill selection. If Higuchi currently cannot kill with a Death Note or does not override the kill target, he cannot role check anyone. Because the Eye Deal cuts his lifespan, all votes against Higuchi in lynches will be doubled for the remainder of the game. If Higuchi refuses the Eye Deal, he still may change his mind and accept it later at any time.

Teru Mikami (X Kira) – As a devoted worshiper of Kira, Mikami has a strong sense of justice and feels evil absolutely must be punished. He adheres to a very strict, daily schedule. If a certain chain of events occurs, Mikami gains a Death Note. At this time, he is offered the Shinigami Eye Deal. If Mikami takes the Eye Deal, he can role check two players every night but he must kill one of those two players. If Mikami currently cannot kill with a Death Note, he cannot role check anyone. Because the Eye Deal cuts his lifespan, all votes against Mikami in lynches will be doubled for the remainder of the game. If Mikami refuses the Eye Deal, he still may change his mind and accept it later at any time. At some point, he gains BTSC with Kiyomi Takada. At this time, per Light's orders, he creates a fake Death Note. If Mikami is ever found by Near, Near finds the fake Death Note, delaying Near's capture of Mikami for an additional two cycles.

What should we look for?

Some common themes:
1) Greedy
2) Power Hungry
3) Obsessed with killing criminals.

Notes:
1) Light and Misa will have BTSC with other players (eventually).
2) Teru has a strict daily schedule whatever that means.
3) One of them killed LC.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't know if this counts as a spoiler, but

On the show, the Yotsuba group was slowly killing off its own members.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

How did you deduce that Light and Misa will have BTSC with the others eventually?
How did you deduce Mikami's strict schedule is more than flavour?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Turnip Head wrote:
So funny :haha:
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

All right. I'm done. I gotta go read a gripping research paper about international financial accounting reporting standards regulation. @MP - where is the "bored to death" smiley? :| I guess this one will have to do.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Wow, guys.

I must say I am incredibly thankful. Not only was this one of the most intriguing and intense lynches I've ever been a part of, as a player or a host, but every single one of you voted.

Not a single missed vote. :clap:

I commend all of you. Thank you for PLAYING this game. :)
I have to disagree with sockman wholeheartedly.

It is very disappointing to see that none of you are non-participants. How will I ever get to sub in?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Made wrote:Yo, MP, What happens in a Tie lynch?
In the case of a tie, I would determine the lynchee based on a random method.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Zomberella12 wrote:All right. I'm done. I gotta go read a gripping research paper about international financial accounting reporting standards regulation. @MP - where is the "bored to death" smiley? :| I guess this one will have to do.
I feel your pain.

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Wow, guys.

I must say I am incredibly thankful. Not only was this one of the most intriguing and intense lynches I've ever been a part of, as a player or a host, but every single one of you voted.

Not a single missed vote. :clap:

I commend all of you. Thank you for PLAYING this game. :)
I have to disagree with sockman wholeheartedly.

It is very disappointing to see that none of you are non-participants. How will I ever get to sub in?
:haha:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

So really, all we know about the Kiras is that one of them killed LC. Who would have done this? LC was barely playing, then Epi called him out as maybe being Yotsuba, then he died.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:I don't know if this counts as a spoiler, but

On the show, the Yotsuba group was slowly killing off its own members.
Not entirely true. Higuchi only killed Hatori, who wanted to quit the group, but Hatori is not even included in this game.

Some then betrayed Higuchi when realizing he's carrying the Death Note (and that L is on to him). Since game-Higuchi, in his secrets, is mentioned to risk being exposed to the Yotsuba, I think this part could very well be included in their "???" win condition.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Alright, well you can all discuss it however you like. But the lynch is still the third best result I think we could have hoped for (1st = Kira's, 2nd= sympathizers, 3rd = Yotsuba), and is far better than killing another detective.

Also, I'd like to point out that BWT voted early. You want to know another reason you should hold your vote until you have to cast it? Because sometimes people start voting for you towards the end of the lynch when they need to vote, and if you still had yours, you could use it keep yourself from being lynched.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 33

Post by Russtifinko »

Geez what a crazy game so far! Here are some of my strongest impressions, presented in no real order:

I'm not particularly broken up about BWT dying, personally. I have Yotsuba filed as "indie for now, with potential to become bad". So clearly not as good as getting a Kira, but still not a bad thing. You know who's sad when Yotsubas die, I bet? Other Yotsubas (ahem ahem).

I think that the content and quality of llama's posts strongly indicate he's a civ, and yes, as a civ he is without fail very opinionated and talkative. So I think people should lay off and let him play his game.

Llama, as I said, I think we're both civ, but I think one of us is being flummoxed, because we're trusting pretty much exactly the opposite people. For example, I think S~V~S's analysis has been as helpful as yours, and so I strongly believe she's civ. boo is reading civ to me as well, whereas Epi is not. Can we discuss, please?

I have good feels about FZ. so far, and though I don't have a strong read on Snowman I think the case on him was super weak, and that some people are being too hard on him. I could be wrong, but my impression is that Epi, in particular, sees him as a threat and wants him gone, and that it may not be related to role. Epi, afraid of a psychologist putting the kibosh on your brain games? :P

Oh! And speaking of Epi, do you guys think he's just being weird, or do you suppose a role-related reason for him not voting his main suspects? I couldn't find anything obvious about who would do that or why, but it just seems so unusual for any experienced player to do that twice that I'm looking for reasons.

Linki: What boo said.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Russtifinko wrote:Geez what a crazy game so far! Here are some of my strongest impressions, presented in no real order:

I'm not particularly broken up about BWT dying, personally. I have Yotsuba filed as "indie for now, with potential to become bad". So clearly not as good as getting a Kira, but still not a bad thing. You know who's sad when Yotsubas die, I bet? Other Yotsubas (ahem ahem).

I think that the content and quality of llama's posts strongly indicate he's a civ, and yes, as a civ he is without fail very opinionated and talkative. So I think people should lay off and let him play his game.

Llama, as I said, I think we're both civ, but I think one of us is being flummoxed, because we're trusting pretty much exactly the opposite people. For example, I think S~V~S's analysis has been as helpful as yours, and so I strongly believe she's civ. boo is reading civ to me as well, whereas Epi is not. Can we discuss, please?

I have good feels about FZ. so far, and though I don't have a strong read on Snowman I think the case on him was super weak, and that some people are being too hard on him. I could be wrong, but my impression is that Epi, in particular, sees him as a threat and wants him gone, and that it may not be related to role. Epi, afraid of a psychologist putting the kibosh on your brain games? :P

Oh! And speaking of Epi, do you guys think he's just being weird, or do you suppose a role-related reason for him not voting his main suspects? I couldn't find anything obvious about who would do that or why, but it just seems so unusual for any experienced player to do that twice that I'm looking for reasons.

I think Epi is a Yotsuba, and that even he doesn't know what to do with that information.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

More random thoughts:

This was a great thing to point out, given the repeated accusations that I am X Kira (I'm not, by the way) -
boo wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:It's entirely possible and extremely likely that Russ has a role that gained something by staying silent on Day 1. What I don't really know at this point is what role that would be. My best guess, X Kira, is clearly wrong.
My problem now with it being role related is that since we now know the roles of living players are going to be revealed over time or when conditions are met or whatever, is that if that is in a role it would out him when that role gets revealed, while outting him as not certain roles (like X Kira) as they are revealed. That seems really weird to me, especially because there is no ambivalence about it, he's the only person who didn't post, we didn't have like 3 or 4 people who could each have a role with something similar.
boo wrote:Ok, thanks. So the X Kira very strict, daily schedule, which has nothing to do with what was revealed in his role, is just entirely flavour then unless he has a different win condition then what is stated for the team.
Elohcin wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
zeek wrote:Nobody reads my posts :pout:

:offtobed:
I read your post and it pinged the hell out of me :ponder: what do you mean there's no civ team?
I've been saying this for a while now. Someone else, DH, Ace, can't remember said that 58% of us don't want to kiss non-detectives. This game seems to be less of a civvie/baddie/independant type game. Even as a viewer of the show, (as I said before) it's difficult to decide who to go for....Light or the Detectives. Both feel they are doing what is good and right.

I honestly think it might be best that we stop referring to each other as civ or bad and instead as kira or detectives.
I'm not usually a person to read too hard into slips, but what?? This almost sounds like Elo is bad and is trying to reason her way out of feeling bad for killing people.

Epi, what is your read on Elo?? (I'll remind all the viewers at home, Epi without fail knows Elo's alignment, and has repeatedly called her out when bad and defended her when good.)

RIP LC. I'm sad your dead, and this made me literally lol:
Black Rock wrote:
Long Con wrote:
boo wrote:Your silence (for you), makes me consider the same thing LC. :P The fact that it's both you and BR just adds to it or makes me think you guys are just busy right now. But neither of you have actually played that card. I wonder if lynching one of you would draw the other out more? :feb:
Take her! Take her! I'll post more! :scared: :scared: :scared:
You I will deal with later. :dark:
Linki: Yeah, a Yotsuba Epi is possible, I guess. Without knowing their win condition, it's hard to surmise why that alignment might make him act as he has. Hopefully it'll be revealed at some point.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Russt, boo... who do you guys think killed LC?
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

So depending how they respond, I may be looking at Epi and/or Elo for tomorrow.

I also am curious why BR voted where she did when she did. I'm sure you explained, but could you go over it again? Seemed to me like you wanted to have as little influence on that lynch as possible.

Linki: Kira.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I think it could have been Epi.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Well...you are wrong. That post came from someone else saying that 58% of players don't want to kill non-detectives. But...TH's explanation of the three groups helped me understand better what we are dealing with.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

ebwop...I was talking to russ
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:Epi, what is your read on Elo?? (I'll remind all the viewers at home, Epi without fail knows Elo's alignment, and has repeatedly called her out when bad and defended her when good.)
Is someone speaking?
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Russtifinko wrote:Geez what a crazy game so far! Here are some of my strongest impressions, presented in no real order:

I agree with all of these points except the one about Llama seeming like a detective. Very good analysis Russ.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epignosis wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Epi, what is your read on Elo?? (I'll remind all the viewers at home, Epi without fail knows Elo's alignment, and has repeatedly called her out when bad and defended her when good.)
Is someone speaking?
:haha:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:So depending how they respond, I may be looking at Epi and/or Elo for tomorrow.

I also am curious why BR voted where she did when she did. I'm sure you explained, but could you go over it again? Seemed to me like you wanted to have as little influence on that lynch as possible.

Linki: Kira.
I thought I heard something.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Turnip Head wrote:Russt, boo... who do you guys think killed LC?
Well, it says Kira, so it was Light I assume. Which means my previous thought (and Epi's) that LC was Yotsuba probably wasn't a thought shared by the killer.

Although, I'm pretty sure you have BTSC with the killer, so you could just tell us? That'd be great.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't have BTSC with any killers or anyone else :shrug2:
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Also I think if there were lots of BTSC the vote pattern could be construed as a save for Snowman. However, since there isn't and I'm not super suspicious of the people who voted BWT late anyway, I don't think looking at late voters is a productive strategy for tomorrow. Hope that makes sense.

Linki: But still, as S~V~S pointed out, baddie is in the role description! But I guess now I'm rehashing old things.
I should also point out that zeek said essentially the same thing as you regarding that.

@Epi: I mean, feel free to not answer, but you've never hesitated to talk about Elo's alignment before, no matter what it is. It's Night 2 and I don't think you've mentioned her once. At least, if you have, it wasn't to voice a strong opinion.

@ Zomba: Yeah, he got a little tunnel-vision-y with Snowman, but llama does that. Don't you think he's been contributing a lot? He the top poster, and I think he still would be Top 5 if you took out most of his Snowman posts. And he read as genuinely frustrated about being suspected as a civ earlier today. Did you find that insincere?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”