Elochin
No votes
juliets
No votes
Long Con
24%
Lunalee
12%
Carolyn Leonhart (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
65%

Total votes: 17
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 362

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Night 3]

Post by novaselinenever »

Spoiler: show
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:59 pm I'll bring back the Jack/nova analysis that juliets did now that we know it was a necessary effort. I'm removing the quote so it isn't enclosed in a box.

JULIETS - Jack/Nova Interaction Analysis

I am not Jay so this isn't his level of interaction analysis but it's more than we had before. My read is below each spoiler.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:20 am
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:40 am Speed is bad. No doubt about that in my mind.
Regardless of alignment. :grin:
First interaction that I see and it's one of Jack's jokes. Meh, no read here for me.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:21 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:28 pm I call bullshit Nutella.
Now this is spicier.
Another Jack comment on nova but it's basically still a joke. Meh again.

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:51 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:34 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:21 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:28 pm I call bullshit Nutella.
Now this is spicier.
@novaselinenever

Elaborate.
no
A back and forth here that could be distancing or could be nova just irritated at Jack though I didn't see a reason for that to be true.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:22 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:06 pm Jack, give me a rainbow :noble:
Jack
Speed
Nova
Nutella
Dunya
Jay
DDL
Juliets
Daisy

Everyone else is meh.
Did Nova set Jack up to post a rainbow where nova is good? I guess it's possible but it seems to me to be stretching it to think thats what happened.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:33 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:37 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:06 pm Jack, give me a rainbow :noble:
Jack
Speed
Nova
Nutella
Dunya
Jay
DDL
Juliets
Daisy

Everyone else is meh.
I see some development there. What made you navigate through the whole Daisy/Juliets thingy to reach a double civ?

Anyone worse than meh?
Turn you computer upsidedown. I scumread Juliets and Daisy.
This sequence does not look like nova and Jack are teammates. What would be the mafia point in nova misreading Jack's list?

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:37 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:33 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:37 pm
Jack
Speed
Nova
Nutella
Dunya
Jay
DDL
Juliets
Daisy

Everyone else is meh.
I see some development there. What made you navigate through the whole Daisy/Juliets thingy to reach a double civ?

Anyone worse than meh?
Turn you computer upsidedown. I scumread Juliets and Daisy.
Can a brother get some colors with a rainbow :suspish:
And nova's reply does not make me think teammates either.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:32 am
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:30 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:27 am I don’t care about her read on me, which she riscended anyway. It doesn’t enter into my read.

Why is she defending Juliets and not Mac if between them, she suspects Juliets?
dunya wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:22 am Jackofhearts2005 read below. she's already said you're not all mafia together. you're a bigger scum read to her than juliets. if you're bad, juliets probably isn't. where's the issue in defending juliets against you?
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:01 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:24 pm

Shockedpikachu.jpg

Why are Jay, Jack and maybe Juliets bad?

Is it because our names start with the letter J?
I don’t think you all are together. I think one or two of you are but I’m not sure which ones.

Juliets I don’t feel the normal confused/trying to understand vibe I get from her posts. She seems more confident in her reads than I expect from civ Juliets.

Jay, it’s in the way he has responded to dunya. She pressed to understand why two things read differently because she didn’t see a difference. A valid question imo. His response was , she should know me better than that. An implicationhe thinks she is bad. Then a short time later he calls her good, I don’t see a natural evolution of opinion in there. It looks bad to me.

Jack, you pushed Juliets for her joke questions about Mac/nova. I’ve only played two game series this year and even I knew what she was talking about. You presented it in a manner as if she only asked the questions as if she already knew they were on different teams, but that was t an accurate representation. Looks bad to me.
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:05 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:32 pm You think Jay and Jack could be bad together?? Or are they completely separate suspicions without teammate compatibility taken into account bc I would be very surprised.

See the glory of the royal scam
I trend towards if Jack is bad the other two probably are not. Jay could be a teammate withhjuliets, but I wouldn’t say that is a sure thing if one of them is bad they both are. It’s possible, but I’m just spitting out my gut readability independent of each other right now. I don’t believe all three are bad together, no.
How did she defend Juliets? I might have missed that.

Linki - Dunya is bad.
By uh...scumreading me. 😓

For pushing Juliets. That’s the important part.
I don't think a teammate asks Jack this question about Daisy defending me.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:11 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:05 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:38 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:32 am
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:30 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:27 am I don’t care about her read on me, which she riscended anyway. It doesn’t enter into my read.

Why is she defending Juliets and not Mac if between them, she suspects Juliets?

How did she defend Juliets? I might have missed that.

Linki - Dunya is bad.
By uh...scumreading me. 😓

For pushing Juliets. That’s the important part.
But how is that a defense of Juliets? I mean you can scum-read someone for a case they make on anyone, it shouldn't matter if the case is on someone you also scum-read. It's about the case itself, being flimsy and fake.

Didn't I scum-read DDL for his case on you, yet I also suspected you? I don't recall you having a problem with that, nor do you seem to have a problem with me beefing with Eloh one of my points being her read on Nutella, yet the latter is also a suspect of mine :keys:
THIS! Nova gets it.
NO! NOT THIS!

There was no Juliets push to begin with. You claim to suspect me over a case that doesn’t exist.

And if it did exist, it would be about Juliets AND Mac. You called it a push on Juliets only.

This is suspicious. This is you being sensitive to attacks on Juliets.

You also scumread Juliets. This is you being also willing to bus.

It’s not about suspecting Juliets and a player that suspects Juliets because that’s not a problem and it didn’t happen anyway.
This post by Nova about Jack's Daisy/juliets suspicion does not look like a teammate. Maybe it would if Jack were on the road to getting lynched but Jack is nowhere near that.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:15 pm Is it paranoid to feel like the constant misrepresentation of my suspicions on Daisy/Juliets is scum indicative?

Dunya and Nova are also having this problem and I don’t think that’s just the mafia.

Linki: Why?
I'm not sure what Jack means here, does he mean dunya and nova might be mafia because they are asking him for clarification on the Daisy/juliets saga? If so I think that's another good look for nova.

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:54 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:53 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:51 pm Solid PoE but the number of default additions is concerning for the game's health. It'd be something if Mafia are mostly inactives, laying low and we got their wannabe deep wolf D1.
Yup I am open to hearing suspicions of more active contributors. If there's a green skittle I'm wrong about, I need someone else to yell it at me.
Jack and Space would be my weakest green skittles.
I was surprised to see that nova still had Jack as any color green - or did he mean out of Jay's green skittles Jack and Daisy were the weakest greens. Anyway, even if he still had Jack as weak green it's not an endorsement of Jack the way I read it.

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:43 pm Jack and Speed are bad together and putting on a show?

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:45 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:44 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:42 pm How do you give someone a vest, and copy their power in one same action? I call bullshit.
It's a trade. They have to say yes or no during the day and then I get their power during the night and they get the vest.
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:49 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:47 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:44 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:42 pm How do you give someone a vest, and copy their power in one same action? I call bullshit.
It's a trade. They have to say yes or no during the day and then I get their power during the night and they get the vest.
I used my power last night. I have someone who can confirm that.

If you were blocked, you probably would not have gotten a yes/no bad. Therefore, even if wonkily redirected, SOMEONE in this game should be able to confirm you.
They have over 24 hours to speak up, unless you get vigged in the next three.
He said it's a day ability, ain't no one going to redirect a day ability. Also we got 3 hours left, and he should get vigged in them not the next night phase.
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:58 pm The only middle ground I can conceive of would be @Long Con tracking Jack into nutella, which fits both worlds. Even then though we have to contend with the fact that Jack literally told us he gave shit to speedchuck and then was like oops just kidding
Not possible. Jack allegedly visited Nutella during the day, he should have been seen visiting Eloh if he's truthful and got tracked.
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:29 pm A vigilante should put us out of our misery, and let the game resume.
Ok I quit. It doesn't appear nova believed Jack for one minute when Jack was explaining his case.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:32 pm @JaggedJimmyJay
Nova's bad, too.
If Jack and Nova are teammates does Jack say this while circling the drain? I don't think so.

There are 2 more pages of Jack that I skipped toward the end and I will do it and report out if there is anything there that strikes me as relevant to this analysis. I just decided to stop now and get this much out there.

I do not see nova and Jack as teammate compatible. If you see it differently though please argue
Glad we all agree :grin:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]dunya[/mention], did you already look at DDL/Jack interactions? I thought I remembered something but can't find it.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I only have time for one or two of these right now, so I will start with points of interest.

Jack and Kites

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:23 am
Kites wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:53 am hi guys ! i haven’t played ina while :: :dark:
Hi, Kites. :)

It's the Hi tell! :goofp:

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:27 pm We’re all lined up at the starting line. and Dunya stars running the wrong way on the track and then Nutella runs into the stands and I’m just over here wondering what I missed.

Kites and Luna? Wat?

Jack gives this faux-bewildered reaction to a couple Day 1 entry votes, including dunya's vote for Kites.

Kites wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:11 amJack - not convinced. maybe it’s because of the amount of OT posts

This is from the larger Kites reads list. It is vaguely critical. Eh.

Kites wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:44 am [VOTE: Jack] aubergine

cop found out Jack is mafia, I’ll just ignore the distracting nonsense

and since juliets asked, this be the 5th vote, 3rd on Jack

I dig the tone here for whatever that's worth (it's worth a little bit).

~~~

Conclusion: I wish I had more to talk about. I can't say this does anything to make Kites look better. It's quite meh.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 160

Post by Elohcin »

all these new terms. Makes sense though, thanks.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

yesterday was chaotic, imo, and tbqh, I did not totally read everything. I know that's not good civ behavior, but I'm not sorry. So, Nova, can you tell me why you went against the crowd and voted leetic?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jack and Elohcin

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:46 pm
Elohcin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:44 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:31 am
dunya wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:30 am [VOTE: MacDougall] aubergine

why would town mac give dunya an easy day green pass just because she hasn't said something "scummy"? other people have found things scummy in what i've said. i don't feel you're being genuine and the sarcasm on me was lost.

i'm not even here to play my hardest civ game, so don't tell me my "civ" is shining through. explain what gave you good vibes about me or this becomes as bad as elohcin's "green" to luna that everyone took issue with imo.
“Mac’s not getting lynched today.”
This is what I'm thinking. Does baddie dunya toss votes here and there before landing on her actual choice? I find this behavior odd.
I was just giving Dunya shit for voting Mac after telling me to get over voting Daisy.

Elohcin lends some [intended] support to Jack's comment about dunya here. Jack discounted it in response as "just giving her shit". That may say more about dunya than Elohcin, but either way this interaction is very gentle and easy.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:21 pm
Elohcin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:18 pm can you tell I am angry? Mafia makes me so angry these days. I hate the way it is played. I am so angry, I don't even care we got a mafia on day 1. y'all upset me. I am going to cool off.
linki - busser = jay according to daisy
Jay’s not the busser. Daisy’s not the busser.

This again may say more about non-Elohcin people, but it's a response to her. Okay.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:08 pm Eloh tends to complain a lot. There’s probably a pattern with her complaining about teammate lynches or not.

Jack takes a non-stance on Elohcin here and instead just makes some blanket statement about her play. He also provides an investigative angle on her with no real interest in its pursuance.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:46 pm Elohcin

Gimmie some of your scum games. I’m goong to try to figure you out again.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:07 pm Eloh was town in Gossip Girl? When was she last mafia?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:08 pm I always suspect Eloh so I only remember her town games where I was mafia.

More similar stuff. Jack was never going to do anything with this, so it's empty.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:35 am Morning, Eloh. Hope you’re feeling better.

Me too!

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 am
Elohcin wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:59 am I think LC and niju would be easy targets for mafia. Honestly, I think they are civs who just aren't paying attention to a damn thing. They are the kind of civs this game that keep civs from winning.

I'm going to be working most of today. I'll probably only be back come Day 2
Why do you think they’re civs?

Extension of that going nowhere.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:55 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:48 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:47 pm I don’t think we’re quite to 8 on the poe but hey, it’s N1.
Not a solid, confident 8, no. All we can do in any phase though is give our best guess. :nicenod:
I mean that’s a fine 8 and you can do stuff like take Eloh out if Blooper is scum or if someone claims to have copped LC or whatever.

Jack had drawn a dissociation between Elohcin and niju, suggesting a Blooper mafia flip would clear Elohcin. I don't care about this. It's one of Jack's token mafia plays -- make reads of everyone by their associations instead of isolation.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:21 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:09 pm I'm like 10 pages behind, not sure when I'll catch up since this week's pretty busy. Strongly considering skipping all post-Mac lynch content.
You should at least read Jay’s and Eloh’s Posts.

Jack specifically elected to direct DDL to my posts and Eloh's posts. :shrug2:

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:38 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:36 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:35 pm It's a fuckin day power and I got what should have been your power to use last night in exchange.
What is my power, Jack? And who did you use it on?

I don't mind you saying. I've already claimed.
Rolecop. Eloh. Power could be either alignment.

:goofp:

We can be careful with content at this point from Jack. He'd have gone into a posture to be less overt in his interactive play by this point, when he was outed. (anti-spew for the lingo nerds)

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:20 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:14 pm Jackofhearts2005 when you got the cop check why did you pick Elo and not me or Daisy? (Sorry if someone already asked this.)
Well, Mac flipping scum kinda shot the "Daisy is focused on Juliets out of Mac and Juliets because she's scum with Juliets" theory out of the water. Her reaction would have been backwards if she was scum. So Daisy's at a townread and you're somewhere around null.

Here's the thing, though. I always use info gathering powers on people I don't know how to read and I don't know how to read Eloh. But if she's an alignment cop, she's town and if she's a ninja, she's scum.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:24 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:22 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:20 pm Here's the thing, though. I always use info gathering powers on people I don't know how to read and I don't know how to read Eloh. But if she's an alignment cop, she's town and if she's a ninja, she's scum.
you said her role fits both alignments. so what's your read on her now?
I don't have a read on her because her role fits both alignments. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I don't even try to read Eloh. I've been sure she was town one time and she was scum. I've correctly scumread her once. I've helped mislynch her like 5 times.

Jack plays on his gratuitous neutrality regarding Elohcin when explaining away his bullshit. In that regard I have some concern he is purposefully making her look like a goof. WIFOM.

Jack was yellow in Elohcin's initial reads list. She also indicated that she disagreed with Jack regarding Spacedaisy. Eh.

Elohcin wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:13 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 am
Elohcin wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:59 am I think LC and niju would be easy targets for mafia. Honestly, I think they are civs who just aren't paying attention to a damn thing. They are the kind of civs this game that keep civs from winning.

I'm going to be working most of today. I'll probably only be back come Day 2
Why do you think they’re civs?
I think they would be here and paying more attention if they were bad. Niju would be making at least one meaningful post. She would be trying instead of forgetting. I have been in her shoes - civ, busy, and forgetting I am even playing mafia. I have never forgotten I am playing when I am mafia. LC is one of the syndicate's original hard core players. Maybe things have changed for him, but I don't think he would sign up to play and be this lazy if he were bad.

Here's Elohcin's response to the earlier softball.

Elohcin wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:29 am I am not sure what I think of LC now. Why would he come out and say he is 100% sure Jack is bad. If he is telling the truth and he can determine the alignment of a player as his power, then why give up his life (of course Mafia would kill him now, right?). There are still other mafia left. Wouldn't he want to be a little more vague and keep him life so he can keep playing and keep helping the civs catch baddies? Couldn't he put a little more effort in and build a case on Jack and get us to follow? I just don't know. I am confused.

This entire post is to me the embodiment of one which warrants this emoji:

:Uhh:

Yikes.

~~~

Conclusion: It isn't hard to see Elohcin as Jack's teammate. Sometimes it's overt enough in his posts that I wonder if it's too overt, but she doesn't do herself any favors in her own posts. High suspect.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Time for this cheesy superhero bullshit.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Thanks for the analyses Jay.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Elohcin wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:19 pm yesterday was chaotic, imo, and tbqh, I did not totally read everything. I know that's not good civ behavior, but I'm not sorry. So, Nova, can you tell me why you went against the crowd and voted leetic?
I wanted to save Jack from the lynch :dark:
novaselinenever
Hitman

We have like what? 2/3 bad left?

The consensus suspects are Luna, Niju, Eloh, Leetic and Neverwhere. 3 out of them have like less than 10 posts and no participation whatsoever. Luna dropped off the face of the earth a while back, and she wasn't exactly a paragon of activity and contribution prior to that. Eloh is faring a bit betting than them, but nothing impressive.

Do we believe that the remaining baddies are amongst these 5? It'd be something.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:45 pm We have like what? 2/3 bad left?

The consensus suspects are Luna, Niju, Eloh, Leetic and Neverwhere. 3 out of them have like less than 10 posts and no participation whatsoever. Luna dropped off the face of the earth a while back, and she wasn't exactly a paragon of activity and contribution prior to that. Eloh is faring a bit betting than them, but nothing impressive.

Do we believe that the remaining baddies are amongst these 5? It'd be something.
nova you suggested earlier you thought speed was bad. Is there anything in particular you are seeing there? Or were you just joking with me? I'm thinking about this 5.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:50 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:45 pm We have like what? 2/3 bad left?

nova you suggested earlier you thought speed was bad. Is there anything in particular you are seeing there? Or were you just joking with me? I'm thinking about this 5.
I have Speed in my PoE. GTH I went with Town due to the latest phase and whole Jack thing, I think it's too weird for them to be teammates and planned a botched play preemptively in an wifom attempt.

I'm getting these 5 names from the GTH exercise, they had the most red stances.
novaselinenever
Hitman

I could see an Eloh-Luna connection :ponder:
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 177

Post by Lunalee »

I feel so bad for not showing up before EOD. Sorry guys. This weekend will continue to be a busy one for me, but I'll be around when I can.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:59 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:50 pm

I have Speed in my PoE. GTH I went with Town due to the latest phase and whole Jack thing, I think it's too weird for them to be teammates and planned a botched play preemptively in an wifom attempt.

I'm getting these 5 names from the GTH exercise, they had the most red stances.
Yes, I knew that. I just mean I'm giving those names more thought after doing the GTH, and after Jay's interactive analysis of Elo and Jack. I've seen some games where almost the entire mafia was low posters so I know it's possible - I just would like to be able to differentiate them in some way. I need to look over them again. I wish Luna had not just disappeared.

linki - lol she's back, but not for long

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 349

Post by speedchuck »

Obviously if Luna has a busy weekend, I do too. I'll make sure to stop in and say hi.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 210
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

At least one is very likely. Two is possible but there could be a deepwolf.

I think we just formed a very strong towncore in this game. That's how we lynched Mac Day 1. That's how LC knew who to target on N1. It will take some pretty big feat in deepwolfness for the civs to lose this imo.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Matahari »

My short list from last night is the same, except I added Speedchuck.
Luna I’m less sure about because she doesn’t seem to care one way or the other
Niju I forgot why I mistrusted- but it probably hasn’t changed. I’ll reread her
Elohcin I believe her posts have sounded like she was trying to sound like she was scumhunting, rather than actually doing it. Her being upset over Macs lynch seemed like someone who had a dog in that fight.
Speedchuck has spent the last two days being a yes man to a mafioso. Even his posts that were supposed to be accusatory sounded hollow.

That’s as deep as I can get right now, still observing players.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

The issue with Speedchuck is... what was that stuff with Jack anyway? It looked like a failed attempt by Jack to look town, using a role that doesn't quite confirm itself because it's a shady role on its own.

Would there be an advantage in using it on a teammate instead of a townie? I guess the downside would be no abilities to steal, but the teammate could try to confirm Jack the same way. Could this be an elaborate gambit from Jack to make Speed look good?
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:48 pm The issue with Speedchuck is... what was that stuff with Jack anyway? It looked like a failed attempt by Jack to look town, using a role that doesn't quite confirm itself because it's a shady role on its own.

Would there be an advantage in using it on a teammate instead of a townie? I guess the downside would be no abilities to steal, but the teammate could try to confirm Jack the same way. Could this be an elaborate gambit from Jack to make Speed look good?
I’m thinking along these lines. Not so much because of the things they said, but because they were here together almost the whole time, and I don’t recall Speedchuck putting in that much time with anyone else during the game. Maybe I’m wrong but it felt like a teammate trying to help. Is Speedchuck this dedicated with other players who are in the spotlight?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:48 pm The issue with Speedchuck is... what was that stuff with Jack anyway? It looked like a failed attempt by Jack to look town, using a role that doesn't quite confirm itself because it's a shady role on its own.

This is an interesting thought. I would say that it does make chuck look good, but I hadn't thought of chuck being Jack's teammate and all that being just a crazy game mafia was playing. Something to stew on.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 773

Post by dunya »

Matahari wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:58 pm

I’m thinking along these lines. Not so much because of the things they said, but because they were here together almost the whole time, and I don’t recall Speedchuck putting in that much time with anyone else during the game. Maybe I’m wrong but it felt like a teammate trying to help. Is Speedchuck this dedicated with other players who are in the spotlight?
imo speedchuck would have bussed jack.

but this thing is the only thing speedchuck has going for him, so wifom and all that.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:41 pm
Elohcin wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:19 pm yesterday was chaotic, imo, and tbqh, I did not totally read everything. I know that's not good civ behavior, but I'm not sorry. So, Nova, can you tell me why you went against the crowd and voted leetic?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

why is ddl out of your poe?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Matahari wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:39 pm That’s as deep as I can get right now, still observing players.
what do you think of nova or ddl?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:16 pm I feel so bad for not showing up before EOD. Sorry guys. This weekend will continue to be a busy one for me, but I'll be around when I can.
can you give us a few thoughts on anyone? throw us a bone? say a couple lines about anything?

[mention]leetic[/mention] [mention]Neverwhere[/mention] [mention]reywaS[/mention]
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:03 pm
This is how a meme is born.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

why is nova not a suspect to you, ddl?

why is ddl not a suspect to you, nova?

like, i dunno why either of you are out of people's minds.

also, cos i forgot to tag [mention]Kites[/mention] up there. throw us a bone. top 3 suspects?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:09 pm
This is how a meme is born.
the red eyeroll emoji on here feels too mean lol.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I dunno I just had a strong civ feel at the start, and every once in a while I get glimpses of it too. Like nova is really trying to figure stuff out.

I do think he's laying a bit low tho. Normally I expect nova to be hard tunneling on someone. It's his thing, he can't help it.

Just don't particularly feel like going after him I guess.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Elohcin[/mention] what is your reaction to Jay's interaction analysis of you and Jack?

[mention]dunya[/mention] WHO IS THAT BEAUTIFUL WOMAN???

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Like, even nova's refusal to lynch Mac, while questionable, it's fairly believable for a civ. He came in, saw a suspicious wagon and got paranoid. I do that all the time myself.

Njinju looked the worst out of those 4 I listed as suspicious in the Mac lynch. Followed by Daisy, then nova, then juliets, I think.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:06 pm dunya, did you already look at DDL/Jack interactions? I thought I remembered something but can't find it.
i didn't type it out. i seriously have 0 energy lol. i should before end of night. and nova, i should state my beefs with him in clear terms. i promise i'll try even though i'm working the weekend.

scum team is friggin messing with me.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:04 pm

dunya I think he was basing this on the GTH (there weren't a lot of people doing it though). Really needed you, mata, daisy to name a few.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]dunya[/mention] don't get me wrong, I knew you couldn't be here because work and timezones

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

PICTURE MAFIA!!!
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:15 pm Like, even nova's refusal to lynch Mac, while questionable, it's fairly believable for a civ. He came in, saw a suspicious wagon and got paranoid. I do that all the time myself.
questionable? it was fucking awful and exactly what i expect a possible save to look like. he's already defended himself against this and cant really say more to appease me, but i can't shake the nagging feeling away. how carelessly he handled it, like it was nothing after mac was a big suspect felt like teammate tmi (hi, teammate, i gtg later but i'm gonna make sure my distancing doesnt get you lynched before i disappear). i think i just stated my biggest beef with nova.

also, that post "does juliets know the answer to these?" and coming in after creating such a fucking outcry over that to say "lol sorry juliets" was kinda bad looking--mafia apologizing to juliets for creating real frustration kinda bad.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

juliets wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:14 pm dunya WHO IS THAT BEAUTIFUL WOMAN???
a reflection of your soul :cloud9:
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:06 pm
Matahari wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:39 pm That’s as deep as I can get right now, still observing players.
Early in the game, I thought DDL was trying too hard to appear townie. He was saying he thought certain players were town, but I couldn’t understand why he felt that way. They hadn’t posted anything particularly inspiring. Then he dropped out of my horizon. He is one I need to reread tonight.

I almost voted Luna on day 1 because I didn’t like some of her posts, but I’d have to go back and find them, and also some things other players were saying may have reinforced how I felt. She seems to not be very invested in the game, but that doesn’t rule her out as bad.

At some point tonight, I’ll have a better answer for you, after I’ve finished some more reading.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

also you'd be surprised how many times i've seen mafia come in and seeing a bandwagon go 'NO THIS IS AN AWFUL DECISION'. uhh, how can u be so sure on day 1? townies have doubts and hesitations.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

juliets wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:14 pm @Elohcin what is your reaction to Jay's interaction analysis of you and Jack?

@dunya WHO IS THAT BEAUTIFUL WOMAN???
I feel like it is one-sided b/c it was more about jacks responses to me and my interaction with him. It should not be the only think someone looks at if they are trying to figure out my alignment for sure.
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:04 pm

Those 5 names are the results of a GTH we had earlier. As for my PoE, I feel kind of good about DDL and have been throughout the game. He's green :noble:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:01 pm "deep wolf"
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:20 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:15 pm Like, even nova's refusal to lynch Mac, while questionable, it's fairly believable for a civ. He came in, saw a suspicious wagon and got paranoid. I do that all the time myself.
questionable? it was fucking awful and exactly what i expect a possible save to look like. he's already defended himself against this and cant really say more to appease me, but i can't shake the nagging feeling away. how carelessly he handled it, like it was nothing after mac was a big suspect felt like teammate tmi (hi, teammate, i gtg later but i'm gonna make sure my distancing doesnt get you lynched before i disappear). i think i just stated my biggest beef with nova.

also, that post "does juliets know the answer to these?" and coming in after creating such a fucking outcry over that to say "lol sorry juliets" was kinda bad looking--mafia apologizing to juliets for creating real frustration kinda bad.
:scared:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Matahari wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:26 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:06 pm
Early in the game, I thought DDL was trying too hard to appear townie. He was saying he thought certain players were town, but I couldn’t understand why he felt that way. They hadn’t posted anything particularly inspiring. Then he dropped out of my horizon. He is one I need to reread tonight.

I almost voted Luna on day 1 because I didn’t like some of her posts, but I’d have to go back and find them, and also some things other players were saying may have reinforced how I felt. She seems to not be very invested in the game, but that doesn’t rule her out as bad.

At some point tonight, I’ll have a better answer for you, after I’ve finished some more reading.
thanks. i'd love to know how you feel about DDL after your reread and what you note.

luna has kinda escaped from my sights. it happens when people disappear from games. i'll reread her too.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:27 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:14 pm @Elohcin what is your reaction to Jay's interaction analysis of you and Jack?

@dunya WHO IS THAT BEAUTIFUL WOMAN???
I feel like it is one-sided b/c it was more about jacks responses to me and my interaction with him. It should not be the only think someone looks at if they are trying to figure out my alignment for sure.
I understand. I am going to re-read you and see how it fits with the whole.

omg what is that monstrosity Jay just posted?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

[mention]dunya[/mention]
Oh sorry, I thought you asked about Luna. I reread Nova last night along with a couple others, and I’m neutral on him. I’d like to observe a bit longer because I can’t really decide. His explanation for his vote on Mac day seemed acceptable. But today? The only reason I can think of for a vote on someone else is in case a vote switcher is in the game.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:29 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:20 pm

:scared:
you should be scared. i am taking the wool out of people's eyes. :meany:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Matahari wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:30 pm @dunya
Oh sorry, I thought you asked about Luna. I reread Nova last night along with a couple others, and I’m neutral on him. I’d like to observe a bit longer because I can’t really decide. His explanation for his vote on Mac day seemed acceptable. But today? The only reason I can think of for a vote on someone else is in case a vote switcher is in the game.
that's alright, it was for the better. it made me remember luna is in the game and i don't remember anthing recent from her.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Now hold it right there Dunya, that outcry ain't my fault lol. I was messing around and thinking outloud, my apology to Juliets was because I felt bad she had to deal with all that stuff. Wouldn't a Townie apologize as well in that scenario? Why does it have to be a Mafia apology lol?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”