Boomslang
35%

Total votes: 23
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Re: [DAY 5] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Nevinera »

This is mostly DH's work, but I put it together in a verifiable format and solved a few of the remaining blank.
My trusty tool: http://xworder.com/Xword.aspx (saved me from having to write that code myself, thankfully).
~~en ~e ~oes no~ ~~n~ ~~~~, ~e ~~n sen~ ~ ~ro~os~l ~o ~~~~ ~l~~er ~~e s~~se~~en~ ~~~ ~er~o~ ~~~ ~~e ~os~, o~~er~n~ ~~e~ ~~e ~se o~ ~ n~~~~ ~~ll. ~~~~ ~l~~er ~~s ~~e re~~~n~er o~ ~~e ~~~ ~er~o~ ~o res~on~ ~o ~~e o~~er. ~~ ~~e~ ~~~e ~~e o~~er ~or ~~e n~~~~ ~~ll, ~~e~ ~~ll sen~ ~n ~ ~~r~e~ ~or ~~ ~~~~ s~~se~~en~ n~~~~, ~~~ ~n re~l~~~, ~el~er~ ~~ll ~~oose ~~e re~l ~~r~e~, ~n~ ~el~er~'s ~~r~e~ ~~ll ~e ~~lle~. E~er~ ~~~e ~el~er~ s~~~ess~~ll~ e~e~~~es ~n "o~~er" ~~ll, ~e ~~~ns one l~n~~ s~o~. ~~s~ ~~ll e~er~ o~~er ~l~~er ~o ~~n (e~~e~~ ~~~~, ~~ ~~e~ ~e~~ ~~).
When he does not find Jack, he can send a proposal to that player the subsequent day period via the host, offering them the use of a night kill. That player has the remainder of the day period to respond to the offer. If they take the offer for the night kill, they will send in a target via PM that subsequent night, but in reality, Delbert will choose the real target, and Delbert's target will be killed. Every time Delbert successfully executes an "offer" kill, he gains one lynch stop. must kill every other player to win (except Jack, if they team up).
(I'm not actually sure that 'lynch stop' is right - it might be 'lynch slot', though I'm not sure how to interpret that. 'lynch stop' is unusual phrasing I believe, though correct me if I'm wrong).

~~n ~~~~er ~~~~ ~~e n~~~~ ~os~s e~er~ n~~~~, ~~~~n~ ~n one o~~~rren~e o~ ~~s ~~o~~e ~~~~ ~~~n~~ ~~~~~ll~ ~~~~en. ~s ~ ~e~n~ o~ ~~s~~~~l ~resen~e, ~~ ~~n ~on~~n~e ~o ~o ~~~s e~en ~ro~ ~e~on~ ~~e ~r~~e. ~~~~~~on~ll~, ~s lon~ ~s ~~ ~s ~l~~e, ~~e ~~ller on ~~s ~e~~ ~~n ~~ll ~~~~e e~er~ ~~~e ~ns~e~~ o~ on~e.
Can tamper with the night posts every night, adding in one occurrence of his choice that didn't actually happen. As a being of mystical presence, he can continue to do this even from beyond the grave. Additionally, as long as he is alive, the killer on his team can kill twice every time instead of once.

~~ ~r. ~e~~s ~e~o~es ~~e l~s~ ~e~~er o~ ~~s ~e~~ s~~ll ~l~~e, ~e ~e~~ns ~~ll~n~ e~er~ e~en n~~~~ ~n ~~s L~l' Sl~~~er. ~e~~~se o~ L~l' Sl~~~er's ~~l~~ ~n~ so~e~~~~ slo~ ~o~e~en~s, ~o~e~er, ~~ o~~en s~r~~~les ~o ~~~~~ll~ ~~ll ~re~, s~~~ee~~n~ onl~ ~~~ o~ ~~e ~~~e.
If Dr. Fetus becomes the last member of his team still alive, he begins killing every even night in his Lil' Slugger. Because of Lil' Slugger's bulky and somewhat slow movements, however, he often struggles to ~~~~~ll~ kill prey, succeeding only [Percentage] of the time.
(brutally, actually, casually, joyfully, mortally - It doesn't seem to matter to the power though).

~e~~~ ~ossesses ~ sl~~~n~ s~~le o~ ~o~ers ~~se~ on ~~e ~o~~~n~~~on o~ ~o~es ~~~~ns~ ~er ~n~ ~~re~~ ~en~~ons o~ ~er ~l~~er's n~~e. ~~ s~e ~o~es ~or ~ersel~, ~~ ~oes no~ ~~~ ~o ~er s~~le. ~~e s~~le rese~s e~er~ ~er~o~ ~n~ ~s no~ ~~~~l~~~~e. ~n~ ~~o~es ~o no~ ~o~n~! ~ ~en~~ons or ~o~es ~ No ~o~er; ~-~ ~ ~ns~n~~~ ~~o ~l~~ers, ~-~~ ~ role ~~e~~; ~~-~~ ~ ~~s~ ~ ~os~~n~ ~~rse on ~~l~ o~ ~~e ~l~~~~e~ (lo~er or ~~~er); ~~-~~ ~ ~ro~e~~~on ~ro~ ~ll n~~~~ ~o~ers, ~~-~~ ~ one-~~~e l~n~~ s~~e; ~~-~~ ~ r~n~o~l~ re~~re~~ ~ll n~~~~ ~o~ers; ~~~ ~ e~er~ s~n~le ~o~er ~re~~o~sl~ l~s~e~ s~~~l~~neo~sl~. S~e ~~ns ~~ s~r~~~~n~ ~n~~l ~~e en~ o~ ~~e ~~~e, ~~~ onl~ ~~ s~e ~~s re~e~~e~ ~ore l~n~~ ~o~es ~~~~ns~ ~er ~~~n e~~~ o~ ~~e o~~er re~~~n~n~ ~l~~ers ~n~~~~~~~ll~.
Media possesses a sliding scale of powers based on the combination of votes against her and direct mentions of her player's name. If she votes for herself, it does not add to her scale. The scale resets every period and is not cumulative. And quotes do not count! # mentions or votes ~ No power; #-# ~ insanify two players, #-## ~ role check; ##-## ~ cast a posting curse on half of the alphabet (lower or upper); ##-## ~ protection from all night powers, ##-## ~ one-time lynch save; ##-## ~ randomly redirect all night powers; ##+ ~ every single power previously listed simultaneously. She wins by surviving until the end of the gane, but only if she has received more lynch votes against her than each of the other remaining players individually.
(I suspect the single character between numbers and powers is an actual dash).

~o~~~ ~~nno~ ~e n~~~~ ~~lle~. ~~ene~er ~l~~ers ~re ~o~e~ on ~~r~n~ ~ res~rre~~~on or ~n ~n~~~~~~~~ ~~ll e~en~, ~o~~~ ~~ooses ~~on~ ~ll o~ ~~e ~l~~ers, ~n~ ~~s sele~~~on ~s res~rre~~e~ or ~~lle~, ~~~~~e~er ~s ~~~l~~~~le. ~~r~n~ ~n ~n~~~~~~~~ ~~ll e~en~, ~~e ~l~~er o~ ~o~~~'s ~~oos~n~ ~s ~~lle~, re~~r~less o~ ~n~ ~~~l~~~ or ~on~~~~on ~~~~ nor~~ll~ ~o~l~ ~ro~e~~ ~~e ~l~~er ~ro~ n~~~~ ~~lls. ~o~~~ ~s ~~~~~e~ e~er~ n~~~~ ~~~~ ~o~ ~~n~ ~l~~ers ~re s~~ll ~l~~e ~n e~~~ ~~~~~on (~~~~~es, e~~~ ~~~~~e ~e~~, ~n~e~en~en~s). ~~~~~~on~ll~, ~o~~~ ~e~~~es ~~o ~s l~n~~e~ ~n ~~e e~en~ o~ ~n~ ~~es. ~~~ ~~n ~~~~ ~n~ ~e~~.
Zodac cannot be night killed. Whenever players are voted on during a resurrection or an inactivity kill event, Zodac chooses among all of the players, and his selection is ressurected or killed, whichever is applicable. During an inactivity kill event, the player of Zodac's choosing is killed, regardless of any ability or condition that normally would protect the player from night kills. Zodac is ~~~~~e~ every night ~~~~ how many players are still alive in each faction (civvies, each baddie team, Independents). Additionally, Zodac decides who is lynched in the event of any ties. Can win with any team.
(I think that blank section must amount to 'Zodac is informed every night exactly how many..', but I can't figure out which words go in there.)

~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~es, ~ree~er s~o~s ~lo~~~n~ e~er~ n~~~~, ~ns~e~~ ~lo~~~n~ e~er~ o~~ n~~~~, ~n~ ~r~es ~o ~~ll ~ ~l~~er e~er~ e~en n~~~~. ~o~e~er, ~~ ~~s onl~ ~ ~~~ s~~~ess r~~e o~ ~~ll~n~ ~~s ~~r~e~. ~~~~~~on~ll~, on~e ~n ~~e ~~~e ~~ ~n~ ~~~e, ~ree~er ~~~ e~~lo~e, ~~ll~n~ ~~~sel~, ~s ~ell ~s ~~~~n~ ~ ~~~ ~~~n~e o~ ~~ll~n~ ~o~r o~~er ~l~~ers. ~e ~~~ no~ sele~~ ~~~~~ ~l~~ers, ~o~e~er, ~s ~~e~ ~~ll ~e e~~~ o~ ~~e ~~o ~l~~ers ~l~~~~e~~~~ll~ ~~o~e ~n~ ~elo~ ~~~ ~~on~ ~~ose ~~rren~l~ ~l~~e on ~~e ~l~~er l~s~.
If Big Daddy dies, Creeper stops blocking every night, instead blocking every odd night, and tries to kill a player every even night. However, he has only a [Percentage] success rate of killing his target. Additionally, once in the game at any time, Creeper can explode, killing himself, as well as having a ##% chance of killing four other players. He can not select which players, however, as they will be each of the two players alphabetically above and below him among those currently alive on the player list.
(That first part is a guess, based on the team needing to have a kill).

~~ ~enn~ ~~n~s ~~~~~~er, ~~e~ ~~~n ~~S~, ~n~ ~e~o~e ~ ~~~ N~n~~ ~e~~, ~~~~ ~~~~~~er ~~rr~~n~ o~~ ~~e ~~lls. ~~lls e~e~~~e~ on ~~~~~es ~~ll ~~~l ~~~o~~~~~~ll~. ~~ ~~~~~~er ~~es, ~~e ~~ll ~~sses ~o ~enn~.
If Penny finds MacGyver, they gain BTSC, and become a civ Ninja team, with MacGyver carrying out the kills. Kills executed on civvies will fail automatically. If MacGyver dies, the kill passes to Penny.

On~e ~~ ~~es ~or ~~e ~~rs~ ~~~e, ~~ ~s ~~~o~~~~~~ll~ res~rre~~e~ ~~e ~ollo~~n~ ~er~o~.
Once he dies for the first time, he is automatically resurrected the following period.

E~er~ ~~~e ~e~~ ~o~ ~~es, ~e res~rre~~s ~~~sel~ ~~~o~~~~~~ll~ ~~e s~~se~~en~ ~er~o~. ~~e ~o~r~~ ~~~e ~e ~~es, ~o~e~er, ~e ~~ll re~~~n ~e~~.
Every time Meat Boy dies, he resurrects himself automatically the subsequent period. The fourth time he does, however, he will remain dead.
Helping after that whole conversation about how we all trust DH now because he helped so much obviously shouldn't get me much credibility,
but I found it interesting that both Media and Zodac appear to be able to win with the civs; Inh may very well have been intending to side with the civs :-\
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

Well, he was not acting like it IMO. It's hard to say.

I did some reading back last night, and I am looking in a certain direction for tonights vote, but need to do some more reading.

Awesome decoding decoders :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I'm leaning slightly towards Epi right now - we know that Homestar Runner died early, since there has been not a single gameshow winner (must've been in the first two days I think?),
and we know that one of the 'reveals' that day was faked. There's good odds it was Lizzy's reveal, since we know it was wrong and also it was predictable that we'd have lynched her for it,
but it's my best lead right now. I'd be delighted if anyone comes up with something stronger though, since I'd only give about 40% odds on Epi.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Lizzy »

I'm quite disappointed that Mr Butler gets a lynch stop. I was really hoping he'd steal/borrow my powers (which is quite the same thing in my case, but anyway :p ). I was not surprised to see the NK was controlled, but I have to say I'm also disappointed with his choice of NK's thus far. :\ I was under the impression that whoever accepted the NK will also be revealed Moriarty style, but apparently that's not the case. It is why I thought that either Nev or BWT might have been BB. The idea is, Mr Butler now knows who BB is.

Also, if Moriarty's role revealing works something like - 50% real role/ 50% dead player's role, when Epi and I were revealed, only SVS had been dead, and Rey was killed by Bouncer, and INH by the butler via yours turely. So unless SVS or INH are Bouncer, it would make sense that you are too, Nev. You ducked two NK attempts in a row.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I apologize for being quiet yesterday afternoon but I am starting to get confused about some things here after I've followed the game so well, even through avant garde land.

First, it hasn't clicked for me yet what people are saying about the reveals. Which reveals are you saying are fake? One of the 50% reveals? And how do you know which one?

Secondly, Lizzie, I don't understand why you thought Nevin or BWT might have been BB. And what gave you the impression that whoever accepted the night kill would be revealed? I may be missing things that are part of a role in the original game.

I know there is more but maybe if i can start with those two things I'll be able to figure out the rest.

Just two comments - one is simple - thank you Nev for pointing toward that xworder. I knew there must be some sort of system being used to decode I just didnt know what it was.

Secondly, as to DH I just want to add something to what BDH and SVS have said. I'm on IRC a lot with DH and he may not like me saying this but his manner is most always sarco-talk arrogance, to the point that I didn't see anything out of character about his posts here. Also, as for squashing the discussion on inh, if he did try to do that and he was a baddie I can't think of any reason a baddie would want to squash that talk. It seems like he would have wanted that talk to keep going to keep the lynch talk focused on inh. If we were talking about a baddie he had tried to squash talk on I would see the whole argument about squashing. Maybe there is something missing in my logic - wouldnt be the first time. Also, I'm not saying DH is not bad. I'm neutral on him at the moment but I can't see him being bad due to his tone and his wanting to move on from the inh talk. Also DH thank you for doing all that decoding so fast. Do you use a particular tool like the one Nevin mentioned that helps you turn those tildes to words?

Ok, hopefully I will be straightened out soon and feel more a part of the game. I have no idea who I'm voting today and am open to discussion on anyone.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MP: Did you officially move the end time back to 7 p.m. after we talked about it? The poll still says 2:01.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

juliets wrote:First, it hasn't clicked for me yet what people are saying about the reveals. Which reveals are you saying are fake? One of the 50% reveals? And how do you know which one?
Each of the moriarty reveals showed up with two reveals, despite him only getting to make one, which makes us think that each reveal included a faked reveal (from Exaggerator's power).
We don't know which one, we're just theorizing - even the one that claims I'm Bouncer could have just been 50% mistaken instead of actually fabricated.
On the other hand, you could accomplish a lot more with that power if you can get people to lynch someone than getting people to think someone's civ,
so logically it's more likely that the fake ones were mine and lizzies.
On the other hand, faking someone on *your team* to be civ would have a purpose, and we know that Homestar Runner at least *was* dead (might not be anymore),
which is why I'm suspecting Epig of being a Manipulator.
juliets wrote:Secondly, Lizzie, I don't understand why you thought Nevin or BWT might have been BB. And what gave you the impression that whoever accepted the night kill would be revealed? I may be missing things that are part of a role in the original game.
I didn't follow that one either - would you explain Lizzie?
juliets wrote:Just two comments - one is simple - thank you Nev for pointing toward that xworder. I knew there must be some sort of system being used to decode I just didnt know what it was.
I've done similar types of things before - after a lot of the words are in place it gets much easier.
It's possible to do this stuff without a tool like that, but it gets a lot harder; I don't know if DH uses one or not.
juliets wrote: Secondly, as to DH I just want to add something to what BDH and SVS have said. I'm on IRC a lot with DH and he may not like me saying this but his manner is most always sarco-talk arrogance, to the point that I didn't see anything out of character about his posts here. Also, as for squashing the discussion on inh, if he did try to do that and he was a baddie I can't think of any reason a baddie would want to squash that talk. It seems like he would have wanted that talk to keep going to keep the lynch talk focused on inh. If we were talking about a baddie he had tried to squash talk on I would see the whole argument about squashing. Maybe there is something missing in my logic - wouldnt be the first time. Also, I'm not saying DH is not bad. I'm neutral on him at the moment but I can't see him being bad due to his tone and his wanting to move on from the inh talk. Also DH thank you for doing all that decoding so fast. Do you use a particular tool like the one Nevin mentioned that helps you turn those tildes to words?
I don't have any particular suspicion towards him at the moment either. I don't see the 'squelching' argument - you could totally say he was 'squelching discussion', but he wasn't really squelching anything useful anymore.
Didn't seem like a particularly baddie move to me, squelch or no-squelch.

Linki juliets: He said that if he did move it back, he wouldn't be able to adjust the poll's time itself, and if people didn't vote by 7:00 he wasn't going to penalize them for listening to what the poll said instead of what he said in-thread.
But yes, I think he did say that we'd end at 7:00 if everyone was in.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Post by DharmaHelper »

For the record, I had the civvie stuff decoded but thought better of showing it off in the thread. :P
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:I apologize for being quiet yesterday afternoon but I am starting to get confused about some things here after I've followed the game so well, even through avant garde land.

First, it hasn't clicked for me yet what people are saying about the reveals. Which reveals are you saying are fake? One of the 50% reveals? And how do you know which one?

Secondly, Lizzie, I don't understand why you thought Nevin or BWT might have been BB. And what gave you the impression that whoever accepted the night kill would be revealed? I may be missing things that are part of a role in the original game.

I know there is more but maybe if i can start with those two things I'll be able to figure out the rest.

Just two comments - one is simple - thank you Nev for pointing toward that xworder. I knew there must be some sort of system being used to decode I just didnt know what it was.

Secondly, as to DH I just want to add something to what BDH and SVS have said. I'm on IRC a lot with DH and he may not like me saying this but his manner is most always sarco-talk arrogance, to the point that I didn't see anything out of character about his posts here. Also, as for squashing the discussion on inh, if he did try to do that and he was a baddie I can't think of any reason a baddie would want to squash that talk. It seems like he would have wanted that talk to keep going to keep the lynch talk focused on inh. If we were talking about a baddie he had tried to squash talk on I would see the whole argument about squashing. Maybe there is something missing in my logic - wouldnt be the first time. Also, I'm not saying DH is not bad. I'm neutral on him at the moment but I can't see him being bad due to his tone and his wanting to move on from the inh talk. Also DH thank you for doing all that decoding so fast. Do you use a particular tool like the one Nevin mentioned that helps you turn those tildes to words?

Ok, hopefully I will be straightened out soon and feel more a part of the game. I have no idea who I'm voting today and am open to discussion on anyone.
Thanks. I only started using a solver site when I got vowels from Sherlock.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Bullzeye »

Expect me to be mostly quiet from now on. Final semester of uni has begun and I did warn MP beforehand that I probably wouldn't have a lot of time for the game after today. Catching up shortly.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

DharmaHelper wrote:For the record, I had the civvie stuff decoded but thought better of showing it off in the thread. :P
Oh, sorry. I figured that more information is better - I didn't see anything really damning in there,
and it would be good for the group to know that people who can resurrect themselves are probably civs.
Hopefully it won't prove too useful to the opposition. :-\
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Nevinera wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:For the record, I had the civvie stuff decoded but thought better of showing it off in the thread. :P
Oh, sorry. I figured that more information is better - I didn't see anything really damning in there,
and it would be good for the group to know that people who can resurrect themselves are probably civs.
Hopefully it won't prove too useful to the opposition. :-\
I'm only busting your chops. I'm sure at that point some of the baddies had stuff decoded they just weren't sharing.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok Nevin I think I got it! Thanks for explaining.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:MP: Did you officially move the end time back to 7 p.m. after we talked about it? The poll still says 2:01.
Unfortunately, I cannot from a technical standpoint do that unless I had deleted the poll and started a new one last night at 7PM that lasted only a day, but that would have deleted all of the votes. I suppose I could have done that though since no living player had yet voted, but the time for that has passed.

Instead, I will end the day early if all of you decide to vote early. I didn't want to shortchange anyone on the amount of time to vote.

But no worries, we will get back to a normal schedule after this period either way.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

I have to admit to feeling somewhat lost in this game right now. I have time today so I attempt an entire thread reread with a fresh set of eyes and take notes as I go in the hopes of forming some suspicions and getting a grasp on the suspicions other people have addressed.
ImageImage

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: [NIGHT 4] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by bea »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
bea survived a kill attempt by Creeper.

I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

grrr - stoopid submit and preview button too close together!
bea
Racketeer

Re: [NIGHT 4] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by bea »

bea wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Is it safe agnosticism say then that big daddy is executed Ceb18?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

If Big Daddy dies, Creeper stops blocking every night, instead blocking every odd night, and tries to kill a player every even night. However, he has only a [Percentage] success rate of killing his target. Additionally, once in the game at any time, Creeper can explode, killing himself, as well as having a ##% chance of killing four other players. He can not select which players, however, as they will be each of the two players alphabetically above and below him among those currently alive on the player list.

bea wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Is it safe agnosticism say then that big daddy is executed Ceb18?

sorry - too many windows open. bawcock :blush: :coffee3:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

@Bea it *was* safe to assume that, but FH, SVS, and Lizzy were rezzed after Creepers kill, so FH or SVS could be Big Daddy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Actually looking at the list of kills, it seems like either Kate or FH were big daddy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: [DAY 1] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 323#p51323

In what way is that exchange not "squashing discussion."
Because I wasn't telling anyone else what to talk about. I was just explaining my vote.
Do you think Zodac would be a fun role to play?

linki @ DH - I'm really nervous about some of the zombie'd players for sure.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Thanks DH Ender Jason Maher screwed up trying to get that much out without going back cirrocumulus check the lactescence list. This generater isn't near as insane as I remember it being.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

DharmaHelper wrote:Actually looking at the list of kills, it seems like either Kate or FH were big daddy.
If FH was Big Daddy, wouldn't she have known what number the PP picked and waited for someone else to vote at that number? Whenever we used it in Mario we paid very close attention to how many had voted.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Bullzeye wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Actually looking at the list of kills, it seems like either Kate or FH were big daddy.
If FH was Big Daddy, wouldn't she have known what number the PP picked and waited for someone else to vote at that number? Whenever we used it in Mario we paid very close attention to how many had voted.
That's a really good point because if I was in that position, even if I knew rezzes were coming, I don't think I would assume a 3-fer rez was coming.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

So then that means Kate was Big Daddy?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Scheiße! I missed this. :blush: There's also the INH version for Big Daddy then.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lizzy wrote:

Scheiße! I missed this. :blush: There's also the INH version for Big Daddy then.
Unlikely. INH was media.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

DharmaHelper wrote:So then that means Kate was Big Daddy?
Could do :shrug: . It is possible FH voted at the wrong time by accident but I'd think the whole team would be being quite careful with it.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Does the NK target go through if that player is targeted for a NK themselves on that same night and dies?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Bullzeye wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:So then that means Kate was Big Daddy?
Could do :shrug: . It is possible FH voted at the wrong time by accident but I'd think the whole team would be being quite careful with it.
Yes its hard to believe anyone would accidentally vote at the wrong place.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Lizzy wrote:Does the NK target go through if that player is targeted for a NK themselves on that same night and dies?
Thanks DH Ender Jason Maher screwed up trying to get that much out without going back cirrocumulus check the lactescence list. This generater isn't near as insane as I remember it being.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

bea wrote:
Lizzy wrote:Does the NK target go through if that player is targeted for a NK themselves on that same night and dies?

indecorous a good question for sock lizzy - different hosts do it differently.

lied girl is getting annoyed. lief
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

juliets wrote:
I missed this too. Feck! :blush:

It's just that when I used my NK I was also revealed by Moriarty (apparently). But two people were revealed on night 2. So I thought that if Epi was the one chosen by Moriarty, then my being exposed as well had something to do with my accepting the NK offer, but like I said, that is not the case.

slinki - slightly insanified bea :hugs:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

plainclothesman lizzy - It could Yin much much saving. blowhole nincompoop suprised lactescence hasn't thelostlaurens really incredibility supersaturate. don't me in charge buddy!

Now consomme there is how I outward porringer!
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Elohcin »

Wow y'all. I didn't even catch it when MP said that bea survived a kill by creeper instead of Big Daddy. Good eyes. So, if Kate was Big Daddy. Who do we think her teammates might be? We should go back and reread her, right?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Elohcin wrote:Wow y'all. I didn't even catch it when MP said that bea survived a kill by creeper instead of Big Daddy. Good eyes. So, if Kate was Big Daddy. Who do we think her teammates might be? We should go back and reread her, right?
Yeah, I totally missed that too. Not that I would have figured out what it meant.
Glad we didn't rez her - it reads like creeper would have kept his kill too!
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

bea wrote:plainclothesman lizzy - It could Yin much much saving. blowhole nincompoop suprised lactescence hasn't thelostlaurens really incredibility supersaturate. don't me in charge buddy!

Now consomme there is how I outward porringer!
Bea, I know you are super-insanified but did you mean to mention The Lost Laurens or was that just the insanitY?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

It was insanity. I have to use LC's generator. It Uncertain Trigonometry lots of HannaK balloonery into the mix. I alms uncivilized though crundles his name there.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Why discontentment you ask? Am I missing bighead?
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

bea wrote:It was insanity. I have to use LC's generator. It Uncertain Trigonometry lots of HannaK balloonery into the mix. I alms uncivilized though crundles his name there.
Ohhhh okay, that makes sense then. That's really funny his name would pop up like that. I wanted to make sure you were not comparing someone's playstyle to his or something similar.

My spouse is insisting we disconnect from tech tonight...to watch our library DVD pile! Ha.So I've gotta make my vote by 7pm EST.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

I am a little under half-way done with my big thread reread (24 pages of 100 posts per page :eek: ), but need to take a short break from reading so my eyes don't cross completely.

One of the notes I made to myself so far was noticing that Creeper killed Bea and realizing along with DH's decrypting that must mean Big Daddy is dead. If Kate is that role (which it looks like she has to be because it's definitely not me) I think some of her earlier behavior that was a bit baffling makes sense. She kept insisting that people were allowed to change their PMs/send in PMs after the original deadline on the extended Night 1. Kate is really smart and it seemed strange to me that she just wasn't getting it. Makes me wonder now if she was being intentionally obtuse to make it look like she didn't have teammates to discuss game mechanics with outside of the thread.

And a random observation from my reread so far:
insertnamehere wrote:So, the name from the program is Dom. Once again, this isn't by any means a 100% decision. In fact, Day 1 is the day most likely for the Program to be incorrect, due to the small sample size. I'll be able to narrow it down more and more as the game goes on. I'm voting for Dom, but I wouldn't mind if I'm the only one, just to be safe in case of BOB.
I found this ironic considering Dom was Bob.

Okay, I'm going to take a quick break from reading then come back and slog through the second half of this massive thread.
ImageImage

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 127

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

bea wrote:sorry - too many windows open. bawcock :blush: :coffee3:
:haha:
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 152

Post by BigDamnHero »

Long story short, my car broke down & I've been working on it all day to get it roadworthy before i WORK in 2 hrs so I hafta cast a quick vote. I'm gonna vote for Gleam for the following reason:
BigDamnHero wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
Sherlock wrote:In fact, as I ponder the circumstances of this scenario, I am convinced the murderer would want to hide himself. Therefore, algeaminranks will receive my vote.

Should he receive yours? Well, that's your decision. I am sticking with my evaluation.

Nonetheless, it should prompt the ignoramus to show himself.
Up yours, aspie. Some of us have actual jobs, ya freebooter.

I think Llama makes some fair points about DharmaHelper quashing discussion, though from my point of view it just seems like it's in DH's self defense that he does so. Llama's participation in this game feels a little bit... different than in other games I've played. I can't quite put my finger on it, but maybe I can elaborate more when my vocabulary ceases to fail me so.

Not to undermine DharmaHelper's intelligence in any way, but the first thought that comes to my mind is that with him being the near-only worker on His Royal Anus's clues is that it would be the perfect way to cover up that he might be one person who has a secret role. Perhaps he's intentionally flubbing some missed translations on purpose to add credence to his innocence?
At this point, I'm all but certain of Dh's civvieness. He helped with the Caesar code bullshit from Avant Day and now he's openly translating Sherlock's code. If he were bad, he could keep all that info to himself and unravel the codes via PM's to the host. instead, he's openly disemminating the information. Granted, there may be the SLIGHTEST of possibilities thatg he's mastermining an elaborate and ballsy baddie agenda but I don't think that is likely.
I missed most of the "DH Discussion squashing" debate, but as I said in myt reply to gleam's post, I don't see how someone who has been openly disseminating info (thus openly helping the players) could possibly be deemed as having bad intentions. The most outspoken and helpful civs are often the main targets of baddies and I kinda think that's what's going on here so my vote goes to Gleam.

I dunno why Sherlock already cast a vote for agleam, but it didn't influence my decision one way or another...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 192

Post by insertnamehere »

Flyin' High wrote: And a random observation from my reread so far:
insertnamehere wrote:So, the name from the program is Dom. Once again, this isn't by any means a 100% decision. In fact, Day 1 is the day most likely for the Program to be incorrect, due to the small sample size. I'll be able to narrow it down more and more as the game goes on. I'm voting for Dom, but I wouldn't mind if I'm the only one, just to be safe in case of BOB.
I found this ironic considering Dom was Bob.

Okay, I'm going to take a quick break from reading then come back and slog through the second half of this massive thread.
And you people thought I wasn't serious...
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 54

Post by DFaraday »

BigDamnHero wrote:Long story short, my car broke down & I've been working on it all day to get it roadworthy before i WORK in 2 hrs so I hafta cast a quick vote. I'm gonna vote for Gleam for the following reason:
BigDamnHero wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
Sherlock wrote:In fact, as I ponder the circumstances of this scenario, I am convinced the murderer would want to hide himself. Therefore, algeaminranks will receive my vote.

Should he receive yours? Well, that's your decision. I am sticking with my evaluation.

Nonetheless, it should prompt the ignoramus to show himself.
Up yours, aspie. Some of us have actual jobs, ya freebooter.

I think Llama makes some fair points about DharmaHelper quashing discussion, though from my point of view it just seems like it's in DH's self defense that he does so. Llama's participation in this game feels a little bit... different than in other games I've played. I can't quite put my finger on it, but maybe I can elaborate more when my vocabulary ceases to fail me so.

Not to undermine DharmaHelper's intelligence in any way, but the first thought that comes to my mind is that with him being the near-only worker on His Royal Anus's clues is that it would be the perfect way to cover up that he might be one person who has a secret role. Perhaps he's intentionally flubbing some missed translations on purpose to add credence to his innocence?
At this point, I'm all but certain of Dh's civvieness. He helped with the Caesar code bullshit from Avant Day and now he's openly translating Sherlock's code. If he were bad, he could keep all that info to himself and unravel the codes via PM's to the host. instead, he's openly disemminating the information. Granted, there may be the SLIGHTEST of possibilities thatg he's mastermining an elaborate and ballsy baddie agenda but I don't think that is likely.
I missed most of the "DH Discussion squashing" debate, but as I said in myt reply to gleam's post, I don't see how someone who has been openly disseminating info (thus openly helping the players) could possibly be deemed as having bad intentions. The most outspoken and helpful civs are often the main targets of baddies and I kinda think that's what's going on here so my vote goes to Gleam.

I dunno why Sherlock already cast a vote for agleam, but it didn't influence my decision one way or another...

I agree. DH. is reading helpful civvie to me, and saying he's trying to squash discussion makes no sense to me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm gonna vote in a few minutes, lemme gather my thoughts.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

S~V~S wrote:You think the host is making moves like this, essentially playing the game? I sincerely doubt that MP would have you vote in a poll and then do what he wants to do anyhow. He would have just done what he wanted anyhow were that the case. I think you are just saying this in order to falsely accuse people just becasue they were rezzed.
I was just saying how I read the NP. Maybe my belief is wrong. Maybe not. But I can see MP doing ANYTHING to make this game interesting. But in short, I think he was just being creative there. It makes logical sense to me that MP would rez the civ with the most votes, the baddie with the most votes, and the indi with the most votes. Hense the "balance" comment from Zodac written into the post.
Now that you have me thinking about this more, though, I can see where Zodac would be able pick Kate and FH and subsequently choose to rez FH rather than Kate. Sooooo, I don't know anymore.

Plus, I voted to rez you, SVS. Why you givin' me shit about this? :evileye:

:p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

S~V~S wrote:Linki @ Lizzy, and i think that was the worst decision i have ever seen a team make, tbh (no offense to her or them). They lost a very strong player for no gain. I have never seen anyone do anything remotley like that before, and don't expect to see it again.
Alas, Mata and Summer made the decision before I could get into the chatzy and say "NNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" :disappoint:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

I just got to the part of my reread where we were all voting on who to give the Shield of Grayskull to and I noticed that rey and bea (in addition to Kate herself) voted to give the shield to Kate. That made me curious if they were both among the people who voted to have Kate rezzed. Rey didn't vote in that poll at all and bea voted Kate and S~V~S.

With the realization that Kate was likely Big Daddy (Bouncer), I think it's worth taking a closer look at who wanted her rezzed.

However, that all being said, Creeper did apparently try to kill bea, so the idea of bea and Kate having been teammates seems a bit thin since that would mean Bea was killed (well, kill-attempted) by her own team. Unless target switching was involved and that's why bea ended up targeted by two different roles last night.

Anyway, gonna continue with my reread, but I wanted to post that while I was thinking about it.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”