X-Men [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like 24 hour Day phases?

Yes
46%
No
8%
Jonas Graymalkin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
46%

Total votes: 13
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 188

Re: X-Men [Night 9]

Post by Epignosis »

T-minus 20 minutes and counting.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

lmao what an a$$hole
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I Saw the Light at the End of the Tunnel and it was Out

“A place of slaves,” Pyro grinned. “Live free or die, I say.”

Pyro found The Vision inspecting the rubble of the ruins of Genosha.

“Live free or die? What say you?”

The Vision looked at Pyro with an perfect equanimity. “I care not.”

“Good then.”

The Vision had a vision of the light at the end of the tunnel. And he was out.

A flash of a light of a different sort, and someone else was in.

The Vision has been killed by Pyro.
Avalanche has been resurrected.
Danger Room ID acquired: 022… Deathlok
It is now Day 10. You have 48 hours to destroy someone.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 20

Re: X-Men [Day 10]

Post by Elohcin »

RIP Vision. Welcome back Avalanche! :D
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 161

Post by dodo »

Thanks, my Morlock friends.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Celeste »

RIPIYWG, The Vision. I was starting to feel like you were. WBIYAG, Avalanche!

Anybody have any idea what happened with that poll?
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

Rip vision welcome back avalanche
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Snapshot »

Eff you, buddeh.
Reporting
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Gunther »

Since our awesome host was willing to be helpful with the night poll....

Epignosis: What is the significance of the Danger Room IDs?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Havok wrote:Since our awesome host was willing to be helpful with the night poll....

They provide The Danger Room with critical information that may or may not be used against you.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Post by Ned Flanders »

Deadpool is off the poll. Bummer that we can't lynch him.

Also, I don't think i have entered into a life of slavery. I had occasion to talk to the illustrious host for another reason, and no mention was made of shackles, total obedience, chains or otherwise. So perhaps my awesome queeniness fended off the slavery style stuff :D
Assault
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Operator »

Hahahaha "my awesome queeniness". Very nice.

RIP Vision. Don't know why people have said "IYWG"; that seems clear since you were killed by baddies, unless you were Alpha Red.

Deadpool could be bad, I suppose. I'm not entirely sold either way on him. It's a moot point for now, though. Who else are people looking at for today?
Management
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 189

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Did we ever talk about how Sebastian seemed to magically survive that lynch?
dunya
Turnip Head
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

We did not! Great discussion to have, imo.
Management
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Bullzeye »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:We did not! Great discussion to have, imo.
Any ideas on where to start it then? There don't seem to be many role-related reasons to survive a lynch. Did Shaw win any of the night polls? I don't recall.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

There is a civ reason, and an Apocalypse reason. But then there are the same two reasons for surviving an NK, and we have had four (I think, that was where I stopped counting) NK survivors. So non role related stuff is happening.

But if I recall, the day after his survival, he was not votable (Off the poll? Silenced?) and we moved on.
Assault
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I don't trust Shaw one bit. He refuses to contribute to the game and does not participate in any discussions about anyone-- unless that discussion is about himself. I don't know why he survived, but I know that no one is clamoring on him for being apocalypse.

In addition, White Queen, I am sure that the secrets must have a lynch stop in there. That would tend towards civvie. I am feeling a bit lost. :/
dunya
Turnip Head
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Jack Shephard »

Spiral wrote:
I don't trust Shaw one bit. He refuses to contribute to the game and does not participate in any discussions about anyone-- unless that discussion is about himself. I don't know why he survived, but I know that no one is clamoring on him for being apocalypse.

In addition, White Queen, I am sure that the secrets must have a lynch stop in there. That would tend towards civvie. I am feeling a bit lost. :/
Hawkeye did survive a night kill and he was the Sentinels. So there is an example of somebody surviving without a known cause.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Polaris wrote:
Spiral wrote:

Hawkeye did survive a night kill and he was the Sentinels. So there is an example of somebody surviving without a known cause.
The Sentinels do have secrets, but I do not feel good about Mr. Shaw. Nor do I feel good about Deadpool.
dunya
Turnip Head
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

White Queen wrote:There is a civ reason, and an Apocalypse reason. But then there are the same two reasons for surviving an NK, and we have had four (I think, that was where I stopped counting) NK survivors. So non role related stuff is happening.

But if I recall, the day after his survival, he was not votable (Off the poll? Silenced?) and we moved on.
Shaw is votable, so idk what this means.

The Sentinels do have secrets, like Spiral said. I personally think Shaw is almost assuredly civ. Sure, he's been unhelpful, and he's clearly one of the "avant-garde" mafia players, as I've heard them referred to, but the way the lynch post read to me and the survival itself jive with the civ explanation. I will absolutely not vote Shaw today, and I'll be kinda suspicious of people who do. That's just me, though.

I do think Deadpool could be bad, but I'm still undecided on him. I do really still wanna hear his case on Spiral, so I hope he actually posts one.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Oh! And I know we all still don't know what Danger Room IDs do, but does anyone think it's weird that a deadie got one? And is this the first time that's happened?
Management
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:
White Queen wrote:There is a civ reason, and an Apocalypse reason. But then there are the same two reasons for surviving an NK, and we have had four (I think, that was where I stopped counting) NK survivors. So non role related stuff is happening.

The Sentinels do have secrets, like Spiral said. I personally think Shaw is almost assuredly civ. Sure, he's been unhelpful, and he's clearly one of the "avant-garde" mafia players, as I've heard them referred to, but the way the lynch post read to me and the survival itself jive with the civ explanation. I will absolutely not vote Shaw today, and I'll be kinda suspicious of people who do. That's just me, though.

I do think Deadpool could be bad, but I'm still undecided on him. I do really still wanna hear his case on Spiral, so I hope he actually posts one.
He won't because there isn't one to be made, tbh.

Then, I am at a loss. In the past I have suspected Polaris?
dunya
Turnip Head
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:Oh! And I know we all still don't know what Danger Room IDs do, but does anyone think it's weird that a deadie got one? And is this the first time that's happened?
No Marrow's came up on the previous phase, but I think that was the first one from a dead player. And Epi did provide us with a very vague clue.
Epignosis wrote:
Havok wrote:Since our awesome host was willing to be helpful with the night poll....

They provide The Danger Room with critical information that may or may not be used against you.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Spiral wrote:
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:

You don't want to end up on Mikhail's suspect list, so you're defaulting to me as a suspect? ;)
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Lunatella »

I'm sorry for missing the last vote. It was my mistake. I went to my brother's birthday party. :fiesta:
Spiral wrote:I don't trust Shaw one bit. He refuses to contribute to the game and does not participate in any discussions about anyone-- unless that discussion is about himself. I don't know why he survived, but I know that no one is clamoring on him for being apocalypse.
If you're just joking, then I'm not going to lynch you. :jedi:

I'm going to wait till tomorrow to vote. :offtobed:
Lunalee
nutella
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Polaris wrote:
Spiral wrote:
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:

You don't want to end up on Mikhail's suspect list, so you're defaulting to me as a suspect? ;)
No?
I'm just thinking Mikhail is civvie. i want to make progress, not be completely deconstructive.
Sebastian Shaw wrote:I'm sorry for missing the last vote. It was my mistake. I went to my brother's birthday party. :fiesta:
Spiral wrote:I don't trust Shaw one bit. He refuses to contribute to the game and does not participate in any discussions about anyone-- unless that discussion is about himself. I don't know why he survived, but I know that no one is clamoring on him for being apocalypse.
If you're just joking, then I'm not going to lynch you. :jedi:

I'm going to wait till tomorrow to vote. :offtobed:
80% kididing.

However, I am not sure you're civvie at all.
dunya
Turnip Head
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:

Really? Is this based on anything over than the lynch survival?
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Once again, Rasputin, although only 2 roles show lynch survival as a role related thing, 4 (or 5?) people have survived NKs, with the same number of roles showing this possibility. So I think role related reasoning does zero to exonerate anyone. It is a possibility, but not the only one. I am also curious that, with those 4-5 NK survivors, no one has made that supposition regarding me and even tried to NK or lynch me again.

Eloh made a good point about that. Not that i want you to, but the string of suppositions in this game baffles me.
Assault
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I am placing a vote on Polaris for now. I do not want to miss the poll. It seems like no one wants to talk today.
dunya
Turnip Head
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:Oh! And I know we all still don't know what Danger Room IDs do, but does anyone think it's weird that a deadie got one? And is this the first time that's happened?
it does seem strange, but it's hard to know if it means anything without knowing what they mean in general :0
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Rachel Green »

Hi all, I'm now in a place with internet and just skimmed over the last couple of posts where people were talking about Shaw and Polaris. I need to go back and find the place where I left off and at least skim through the posts that I missed. Is there anything in particular I should be looking for or anything in particular I should pay very careful attention to?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Spiral wrote:I am placing a vote on Polaris for now. I do not want to miss the poll. It seems like no one wants to talk today.
Why?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Longshot wrote:Hi all, I'm now in a place with internet and just skimmed over the last couple of posts where people were talking about Shaw and Polaris. I need to go back and find the place where I left off and at least skim through the posts that I missed. Is there anything in particular I should be looking for or anything in particular I should pay very careful attention to?
It seems like we're at a standstill today. Mikhail thinks Shaw is good and doesn't want people voting for him. I can understand the explanation he offered (which you should check out too), but I still don't like what Shaw has to offer.

Anywho, I think we should try to lynch someone today who has not survived a NK. Since the Sentinels are now dead, the other NK survivors are presumably civvies (possibly rescued) or indies, and my understanding of Omega Red is that he is not necessarily a threat, while Apocalypse is just an unlynchable. Thoughts on this?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

White Queen wrote:Once again, Rasputin, although only 2 roles show lynch survival as a role related thing, 4 (or 5?) people have survived NKs, with the same number of roles showing this possibility. So I think role related reasoning does zero to exonerate anyone. It is a possibility, but not the only one. I am also curious that, with those 4-5 NK survivors, no one has made that supposition regarding me and even tried to NK or lynch me again.

Eloh made a good point about that. Not that i want you to, but the string of suppositions in this game baffles me.
Lynch survival and NK survival are two different things. I'm not sure we're all on the same page here.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Polaris wrote:
Spiral wrote:I am placing a vote on Polaris for now. I do not want to miss the poll. It seems like no one wants to talk today.
Why?
Because I don't think you are civvie. I think you have used the Sentinels lynch as a false form of civvie cred.
Polaris wrote:
Longshot wrote:Hi all, I'm now in a place with internet and just skimmed over the last couple of posts where people were talking about Shaw and Polaris. I need to go back and find the place where I left off and at least skim through the posts that I missed. Is there anything in particular I should be looking for or anything in particular I should pay very careful attention to?
It seems like we're at a standstill today. Mikhail thinks Shaw is good and doesn't want people voting for him. I can understand the explanation he offered (which you should check out too), but I still don't like what Shaw has to offer.

Anywho, I think we should try to lynch someone today who has not survived a NK. Since the Sentinels are now dead, the other NK survivors are presumably civvies (possibly rescued) or indies, and my understanding of Omega Red is that he is not necessarily a threat, while Apocalypse is just an unlynchable. Thoughts on this?
Who?
Me?
dunya
Turnip Head
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Spiral wrote:
Polaris wrote:
Why?
Because I don't think you are civvie. I think you have used the Sentinels lynch as a false form of civvie cred.
Where did this happen? I found your comment interesting so I went through her posts to check but I don't really see it anywhere...
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Polaris wrote:
Spiral wrote:
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:

Haha this is actually what I thought when I read this. I've suspected tons of people before, but I'd love to have a big ol' talk and figure out who is being suspicious today.
Havok wrote:
Really? Is [Rasputin's stance on Shaw] based on anything over than the lynch survival?
Not really. However, I think it bears remembering that avant-garde type players get lynched a lot, often wrongfully, and when they do it's really easy for both civs and baddies (but especially baddies) to say they brought it on themselves. I agree 100% that Shaw has been of no help to us this game. But the facts lean civ on him, so I don't think "I don't like his posting style" is a good reason to get rid of him.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

White Queen wrote:Once again, Rasputin, although only 2 roles show lynch survival as a role related thing, 4 (or 5?) people have survived NKs, with the same number of roles showing this possibility. So I think role related reasoning does zero to exonerate anyone. It is a possibility, but not the only one. I am also curious that, with those 4-5 NK survivors, no one has made that supposition regarding me and even tried to NK or lynch me again.

Polaris wrote:Lynch survival and NK survival are two different things. I'm not sure we're all on the same page here.
My thoughts on this mirror Polaris'. Only two roles can survive lynches. We KNOW Shaw took the lynch attempt from the host post; that is, it was not redirected. Lynch manipulation that doesn't deal with votes seems a much bigger supposition to me than that Shaw is a role that survives lynches. I get that weird things happen at night, sure. And if you'll notice, I haven't made any suppositions that involve only NK survivals.

I get the whole thing about assuming, but we also have to realize that things that happen in this game give us information, and information is all we have. Skepticism is healthy, but completely, totally ignoring as you've been doing all game is foolhardy, and saying role-related reasoning does zero is tons of hyperbole. If you pretend we can't use anything we're given, all because of these mysterious prizes you purport are behind everything (of which, by the way, we have no evidence), then we might as well ignore thread evidence too and make every lynch a Day 1 lynch.

Finally, trying to goad people into voting for you is not helping civs. So even though you've more or less role claimed Apocalypse, unless you're actually a baddie playing the part you're not really helping your cause here.

By the way, what night was the NK attempt against you? I was looking for it but I think I'm missing it.

Anyway, if anyone wants to NK WQ that would be awesome with me. It would definitely tell us whether she or Shaw is Apocalypse, and getting that info could be key for the baddies and/or Omega.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Polaris wrote: Anywho, I think we should try to lynch someone today who has not survived a NK. Since the Sentinels are now dead, the other NK survivors are presumably civvies (possibly rescued) or indies, and my understanding of Omega Red is that he is not necessarily a threat, while Apocalypse is just an unlynchable. Thoughts on this?
I think this is decent reasoning. I won't immediately remove an NK survivor from vote consideration, personally, because there are baddie role blockers and such.

And I think Omega Red is a threat. He has NKs, anyway, and given how few times he's killed, he'd basically be unlynchable by now. Judging by his picture he seems bad-ish. Idk if he can win with us, but I doubt it.

(WORTH NOTING: Omega Red should survive lynches by getting negative votes, so I would think if Shaw were him, for example, the lynch post would not have read as Shaw escaping, but as an attempt on the person with the next-most votes.) This is pure conjecture; what do others think of it?

No one else seems to want to bring up candidates (still waiting for that case, Deadpool!). Everyone seems content to wait til the last minute and follow what comes up. I have a list of people I could potentially vote for, but I'd rather not share the whole thing right now. I'd worry that would make it too easy for the baddies to manipulate this lynch, and to use Magneto's power better in future lynches. However, I'd super much love to talk about anyone or any case somebody wants to bring up.
Management
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote: And I think Omega Red is a threat. He has NKs, anyway, and given how few times he's killed, he'd basically be unlynchable by now. Judging by his picture he seems bad-ish. Idk if he can win with us, but I doubt it.

(WORTH NOTING: Omega Red should survive lynches by getting negative votes, so I would think if Shaw were him, for example, the lynch post would not have read as Shaw escaping, but as an attempt on the person with the next-most votes.) This is pure conjecture; what do others think of it?
He isn't someone who we 'must defeat' in the role list, so I would assume we can win with him (that said, so can the baddies). I view him as netural and have no immediate issue with him. As for your second point, I agree. If Shaw were Omega, the next highest vote-getter would die in his place assuming they had more votes than his real amount. Makes sense to me.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

I guess I'd better vote, huh? I choose Polaris because I think she would have been killed by now if she weren't bad.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:
Havok wrote:
Really? Is [Rasputin's stance on Shaw] based on anything over than the lynch survival?
Not really. However, I think it bears remembering that avant-garde type players get lynched a lot, often wrongfully, and when they do it's really easy for both civs and baddies (but especially baddies) to say they brought it on themselves. I agree 100% that Shaw has been of no help to us this game. But the facts lean civ on him, so I don't think "I don't like his posting style" is a good reason to get rid of him.
Ok. I was just making sure that I hadn't missed something. I agree that he shouldn't be lynched just based on his play style, but at the same time I don't think he should be given a pass just because he appeared to survive a lynch. Having said that, I think you are quite possibly correct about Shaw when you combine the two things (play style and lynch survival).

As for who to lynch today.... :ponder:
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Avalanche wrote:I guess I'd better vote, huh? I choose Polaris because I think she would have been killed by now if she weren't bad.

Say wha? I've had suspicion of Polaris for a while, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. Why would Polaris be killed if she were civvie?
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Avalanche, what makes you think that?

And Bullz, great point about Omega Red. If we can win with him, I'd be overjoyed to do so. Especially if he wants to help us kill baddies. So yeah Polaris, I agree I'm not bothered about Omega Red.

Linki: Yeah, I'm not saying he can never ever be lynched just because it didn't work once. I just don't think it's the best use of our time. If we get down to a low number of players and I feel good about the others, I'd be down to look at him again down the line.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

I dunno who to vote for. No one seems to wanna talk, and Polaris has 2 votes already. She is on my (somewhat) short list of potential baddies, and I've waffled about her all game, but I've been feeling a bit better about her today than previously. So I'm not 100% into the idea.
Management
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

That's two votes with kind of half-assed reasoning. I don't like the looks of it. I'll probably end up voting for Deadpool for self-preservation.

In the meantime, I'll do a little more research and post my thoughts just in case I am lynched. I just realized we are getting very close to the deadline and there are only two votes.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Havok wrote:
Avalanche wrote:I guess I'd better vote, huh? I choose Polaris because I think she would have been killed by now if she weren't bad.

Say wha? I've had suspicion of Polaris for a while, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. Why would Polaris be killed if she were civvie?
Because she's been assumed to be civvie for a long time, making unlikely to steal lynch votes from actual baddies. Killing her is what I would have done a long time ago if I were bad, and I assume everyone thinks like me because I am so average.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Also, I am working with limited time for analysis, and therefore relying on instinct. Being the Morlock King involves a lot more paperwork than you might think.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Avalanche wrote:
Havok wrote:

Because she's been assumed to be civvie for a long time, making unlikely to steal lynch votes from actual baddies. Killing her is what I would have done a long time ago if I were bad, and I assume everyone thinks like me because I am so average.
Interesting. This conflicts with my waffly opinion of her.
Polaris wrote:That's two votes with kind of half-assed reasoning. I don't like the looks of it. I'll probably end up voting for Deadpool for self-preservation.

In the meantime, I'll do a little more research and post my thoughts just in case I am lynched. I just realized we are getting very close to the deadline and there are only two votes.
Please do post your thoughts, I'm eager to hear what you have to say. Keep in mind Deadpool is off the poll though, so you'll need a second self-preservation option.
Management
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

I just realized that myself. Apparently someone thinks Deadpool is civvie.

Return to “Previous Jobs”