Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Do you prefer drip, french press, or percolated?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:00 pm

alexa (467)
8%
Gira (330)
15%
Lime Coke (352)
15%
staypositivefriend (389)
No votes
TonyStarkPrime (160)
8%
Marmot (Marmot) (Dead/Host/Mod/Non)
54%

Total votes: 13
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 129

Re: Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [DAY 1]

Post by Dyslexicon »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:52 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:51 pm I love coffee, but I don't like melted cheese.
I'm now concerned about your mental health
You sounds like my bf shtap
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:58 pmwhy are you not enthused
Because things and stuff. Or maybe mafia is a stupid game. Or maybe I'm just waiting for things to happen. Or maybe I'm just not in the mood. Or maybe this IS the mood. Or maybe I just want someone else to do all the work and then I can review it after. I really do not know.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:57 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:52 pmi tend to be suspicious of people with perspectives that i can't understand. i felt frustrated reading the first 2 pages because of how bland and NAI everything was coming off to me, and you making a post with 4 townreads in such a null threadstate felt like a potential indication that the reason youre not struggling to make reads is because you have TMI
If it's any consolation, I've already tossed those reads out, and I agree that things have been bland.

When Alison pushed Gira, I had half a thought that she did it on purpose to pressure Gira specifically, because Gira is pressure-able (cross referenced in my mind with a different game). And if Alison did that on purpose, it's towny for her. But I'm less convinced it was strategic, and probably just a genuine push. I mean, could be both of course. But why am I even making assumptions about it.

Explaining my thoughts are kind of blah right now, cause I don't feel all that enthused tbh, so it's a lot of maybe this maybe that.
okay i changed my mind, i think that you might be town now but im struggling to explain why i find this post towny because i am also unenthused and my brain is tired
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:01 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:57 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:52 pmi tend to be suspicious of people with perspectives that i can't understand. i felt frustrated reading the first 2 pages because of how bland and NAI everything was coming off to me, and you making a post with 4 townreads in such a null threadstate felt like a potential indication that the reason youre not struggling to make reads is because you have TMI
If it's any consolation, I've already tossed those reads out, and I agree that things have been bland.

When Alison pushed Gira, I had half a thought that she did it on purpose to pressure Gira specifically, because Gira is pressure-able (cross referenced in my mind with a different game). And if Alison did that on purpose, it's towny for her. But I'm less convinced it was strategic, and probably just a genuine push. I mean, could be both of course. But why am I even making assumptions about it.

Explaining my thoughts are kind of blah right now, cause I don't feel all that enthused tbh, so it's a lot of maybe this maybe that.
okay i changed my mind, i think that you might be town now but im struggling to explain why i find this post towny because i am also unenthused and my brain is tired
i think it's mostly because the explanation in this post is a little sloppy/thrown together whereas i recall that dizzy's posts in the wolfgames ive seen from him are a lot Fancier and well-thought out, particularly if he's being interrogated by another person
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

We all need more coffee lol
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm so proud to be the origin of the coffee tell actually
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:02 pmi think it's mostly because the explanation in this post is a little sloppy/thrown together whereas i recall that dizzy's posts in the wolfgames ive seen from him are a lot Fancier and well-thought out, particularly if he's being interrogated by another person
Now we're getting somewhere.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I might''ve been more enthused if I had secret possible worlds that I'm considering as I often do, but I kind of just don't. Will probably come at some point.
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:52 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:50 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:48 pmhow did dizzy come off as being "much more careful about his reads" when he posted a list of 4 townreads (or potential townreads) on page 2? the fact that he was getting so many reads so quickly is exactly why i was worried about him lol
Why do you worry about that?

I'm getting tons of reads and also none.
Seems normal, in my humble opinion.
i tend to be suspicious of people with perspectives that i can't understand. i felt frustrated reading the first 2 pages because of how bland and NAI everything was coming off to me, and you making a post with 4 townreads in such a null threadstate felt like a potential indication that the reason youre not struggling to make reads is because you have TMI
honestly i can vibe with this i think, a part of me feels like i'm inventing reasons to townread people in early game because all of it is so light, but at the same time i just like putting anything out there for content, and i think even stuff that's ultimately NAI can in the moment sway me one way or another, which is fine for early reads, it's not like you can't change your mind

why is this your thought on dizzy in particular, though? i feel like quite a few people outed various TRs, myself included
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Ok, yeah, no, Alexa is mafia. I've decided.
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:07 pm Ok, yeah, no, Alexa is mafia. I've decided.
why's that
Spoiler: show
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 52

Post by falcon45ca »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:01 pm
Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:58 pmwhy are you not enthused
Because things and stuff. Or maybe mafia is a stupid game. Or maybe I'm just waiting for things to happen. Or maybe I'm just not in the mood. Or maybe this IS the mood. Or maybe I just want someone else to do all the work and then I can review it after. I really do not know.
Towny mindset IMO
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:07 pm Ok, yeah, no, Alexa is mafia. I've decided.
that's extremely towny of you
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:08 pm
why's that
She knows I'm town.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:09 pm
that's extremely towny of you
Exhibit D
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:09 pm
why's that
She knows I'm town.
show
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:06 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:52 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:50 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:48 pmhow did dizzy come off as being "much more careful about his reads" when he posted a list of 4 townreads (or potential townreads) on page 2? the fact that he was getting so many reads so quickly is exactly why i was worried about him lol
Why do you worry about that?

I'm getting tons of reads and also none.
Seems normal, in my humble opinion.
i tend to be suspicious of people with perspectives that i can't understand. i felt frustrated reading the first 2 pages because of how bland and NAI everything was coming off to me, and you making a post with 4 townreads in such a null threadstate felt like a potential indication that the reason youre not struggling to make reads is because you have TMI
honestly i can vibe with this i think, a part of me feels like i'm inventing reasons to townread people in early game because all of it is so light, but at the same time i just like putting anything out there for content, and i think even stuff that's ultimately NAI can in the moment sway me one way or another, which is fine for early reads, it's not like you can't change your mind

why is this your thought on dizzy in particular, though? i feel like quite a few people outed various TRs, myself included
probably because the timing of dizzy's "potential townreads" post felt the most unnatural to me. ive found that mafia tend to "overcompensate" by posting a bunch of unsubstantiated townreads in the earlygame if they feel like their posts arent towny enough on their own, and that post coming directly after he was explaining his townread on alison made me think he might be doing a similar tell
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:11 pmshow
It's in her ISO. And it's something I think.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:09 pm
why's that
She knows I'm town.
you've been towny
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:12 pm
Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:11 pmshow
It's in her ISO. And it's something I think.
boring
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:12 pmyou've been towny
Not really.
Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:12 pmboring
Yee
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:13 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:12 pmyou've been towny
Not really.
Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:12 pmboring
Yee
random gut FOSes on me D1 are >rand to come from town and so far this streak is at near 100%, so i'm riding with it. plus, i have a good read on you (unless i'm wrong this game, then will ignore this in the future)
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i have to do a holiday themed teamwork exercise with my coworkers in like an hour and i would rather do anything else
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:16 pm i have to do a holiday themed teamwork exercise with my coworkers in like an hour and i would rather do anything else
this post is out of my wolfrange
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:16 pm i have to do a holiday themed teamwork exercise with my coworkers in like an hour and i would rather do anything else
revolt
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

i dodged all my coworker holiday activities, i'm sorry :(
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:15 pmrandom gut FOSes on me D1 are >rand to come from town and so far this streak is at near 100%, so i'm riding with it. plus, i have a good read on you (unless i'm wrong this game, then will ignore this in the future)
What if I say it wasn't a real read at all, and I just wanted to see your reaction, since you've said before that I seem to be ok at reading you. And I was wondering if you'd bring that up and be more curious about me or find it a bit strange or something. So your reaction is actually a little bit CONCERNING.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:19 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:15 pmrandom gut FOSes on me D1 are >rand to come from town and so far this streak is at near 100%, so i'm riding with it. plus, i have a good read on you (unless i'm wrong this game, then will ignore this in the future)
What if I say it wasn't a real read at all, and I just wanted to see your reaction, since you've said before that I seem to be ok at reading you. And I was wondering if you'd bring that up and be more curious about me or find it a bit strange or something. So your reaction is actually a little bit CONCERNING.
i thought you were good at reading me when you were lock towning me in the cassandra game but then you read through my iso and were like "nvm she's not that towny" so i was like OK NVM you're just a person who FOSes me for :thefear:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:20 pmi thought you were good at reading me when you were lock towning me in the cassandra game but then you read through my iso and were like "nvm she's not that towny" so i was like OK NVM you're just a person who FOSes me for :thefear:
No, I'm actually good at reading you, and you're mafia. GOTCHYA
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:21 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:20 pmi thought you were good at reading me when you were lock towning me in the cassandra game but then you read through my iso and were like "nvm she's not that towny" so i was like OK NVM you're just a person who FOSes me for :thefear:
No, I'm actually good at reading you, and you're mafia. GOTCHYA
:scared:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

:scared:
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:11 pm Un-ironically scum read Mac lol
Lolll unironically I find this towny from diz
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

this game is chill, i like it
staypositivefriend
Hitman

[VOTE: esooa] aubergine
Gira
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 276

Post by Gira »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:55 pm i encourage gira to target me in this game. we can be like tom and jerry
i always wanted to be a cat boy~
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Gira wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:31 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:55 pm i encourage gira to target me in this game. we can be like tom and jerry
cant decide if i should lock townread you or lock wolfread you for this post
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:33 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:07 am
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:04 am ok there's a chance this is an awful read but brad increasing the font size and bolding a line he previously wrote as mafia to say jokingly that he's town here may be town indicative

i don't really care about this that much because i'll prob have a solid read on him outside of microtells by EOD anyway but

vibes
It was just copy/pasta I decided to use.

You know how to read me anyways so you'll find me town for other reasons that are correct.
this is probably the closest thing i got to a ping, because i felt like lime coke was talking to alexa in this post like he already knew that she was town. i know that LC tends to be pretty trusting of alexa regardless of her alignment, but i would expect his attitude toward her at the beginning of the game to be a little bit more cynical/suspicious
Why though? Have you ever seen him be cynical/sus early on towards her?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:30 pm [VOTE: esooa] aubergine
why this
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:27 pm i think giving people towncred for extremely minor things like that is exactly how you misclear wolves

do you have a link to a wilgy scumgame i can look at?
you know i was thinking on the game and this post stuck in my mind

and this is interesting word choice because you're expressing concern over "misclearing" wilgy

but like

didn't you push back when i expressed similar sentiment about people's early reads on Alison

(and also lol at expressing a concern over a misclear while defending lime coke doing what he does - not really alignment relevant, but, like, the irony)
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:32 pm
Gira wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:31 pm
cant decide if i should lock townread you or lock wolfread you for this post
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Gira wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:36 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:27 pm i think giving people towncred for extremely minor things like that is exactly how you misclear wolves

and this is interesting word choice because you're expressing concern over "misclearing" wilgy

but like

didn't you push back when i expressed similar sentiment about people's early reads on Alison

(and also lol at expressing a concern over a misclear while defending lime coke doing what he does - not really alignment relevant, but, like, the irony)
i thought alison was being villagery, though. so to me your thing of "that is so obviously in her scum range" implied that something villagery was in her scum range so that's not a reason to townread her (which, you clarified anyways, so cool). whatever the fuck people were townreading wilgy for read as random crap that shouldn't be considered villagery in any world so "he wouldn't do that as scum" or w/e read very differently
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

and honestly kinda gave me flashbacks to the shit people were mis-townreading illwei for in g5
staypositivefriend
Hitman

ilario wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:33 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:04 am ok there's a chance this is an awful read but brad increasing the font size and bolding a line he previously wrote as mafia to say jokingly that he's town here may be town indicative

i don't really care about this that much because i'll prob have a solid read on him outside of microtells by EOD anyway but

vibes

You know how to read me anyways so you'll find me town for other reasons that are correct.
this is probably the closest thing i got to a ping, because i felt like lime coke was talking to alexa in this post like he already knew that she was town. i know that LC tends to be pretty trusting of alexa regardless of her alignment, but i would expect his attitude toward her at the beginning of the game to be a little bit more cynical/suspicious
no, i just assumed that he would be more naturally paranoid of alexa in this game cause of how much of a big deal people have made about him getting pocketed by her in the past, which is why a post that came off as trustful of alexa on page 1 felt off to me
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:33 pm
why this
i feel like you are trying to project towniness harder than the recent towngames ive seen from you, and the post that u made about me when i first started posting felt a little pockety so im voting u and seeing what happens
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:43 pm
ilario wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:33 pm

vibes

no, i just assumed that he would be more naturally paranoid of alexa in this game cause of how much of a big deal people have made about him getting pocketed by her in the past, which is why a post that came off as trustful of alexa on page 1 felt off to me
if he was paranoid of me that would be suspicious tbh
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:40 pm

but like

i thought alison was being villagery, though. so to me your thing of "that is so obviously in her scum range" implied that something villagery was in her scum range so that's not a reason to townread her (which, you clarified anyways, so cool). whatever the fuck people were townreading wilgy for read as random crap that shouldn't be considered villagery in any world so "he wouldn't do that as scum" or w/e read very differently
you thought she was being villagery off 3 posts

but are worried about early townreads on wilgy (and i don't think what he's done so far is "random crap" even if it's presented in a jokey fashion - he has reads and is expressing them)

[VOTE: alexa] aubergine
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:44 pm
why this
i feel like you are trying to project towniness harder than the recent towngames ive seen from you, and the post that u made about me when i first started posting felt a little pockety so im voting u and seeing what happens
in what way am I trying to project towniness
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:46 pm
why this
"trying to project towniness" might be the wrong way to put it (i was primarily basing that off of what you said on #168) - your posts just come off as "open" in this game in a way that's distinct from the recent towngames i've seen from you - like in the recent hydra game we played, i felt like you were taking joy in being coy and deflective about your reads and it was part of the reason why i townread you

but i guess the circumstances of this game are so different that it's prolly not a good comparison
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Gira wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:45 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:40 pm

but like

you thought she was being villagery off 3 posts

but are worried about early townreads on wilgy (and i don't think what he's done so far is "random crap" even if it's presented in a jokey fashion - he has reads and is expressing them)

[VOTE: alexa] aubergine
wilgy hasn't explained a single read and has literally just been posting nonsense, what the heck is villagery? alison's content has been good and i've agreed with most of it
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:52 pm
Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:46 pm
why this
"trying to project towniness" might be the wrong way to put it (i was primarily basing that off of what you said on #168) - your posts just come off as "open" in this game in a way that's distinct from the recent towngames i've seen from you - like in the recent hydra game we played, i felt like you were taking joy in being coy and deflective about your reads and it was part of the reason why i townread you

but i guess the circumstances of this game are so different that it's prolly not a good comparison
what game was that

Return to “Previous Heists”