The Urban Cowboy (non/dead)
50%

Total votes: 8
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 199

Re: [Day 6] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Cobalt »

@Golden, based on a re-read of Sig's posts I would definitely buy TinyBubbles as a teammate. He went for TinyBubbles without really comitting to it later, then explains it away and asks for Tiny's read on the Me/LC situation. Why would he do that from someone he finds suspicious? It looks like he jumped on her to potentially clear her if he flipped baddie, because I'm sure Sig knew I would sniff him out eventually if nobody else did. I was on him from the moment he was waffly as all hell about me. He kept flipping back and forth from whether or not I was the most suspicious and whether or not he would vote me and it was just super fake. He also went for me based on a different game where I lynched him day one when he was the cop and he did fuck all to stop me other than to dig himself a further hole, which was his own fault. That coupled with his bullshit logic this game, and I pinned him. It's a possibility that he informed his team of our history, and they told him to make sure he went for one of them at some point to make them look better when he flipped bad.

Also, Golden, he said you were likely to be clean. And then he didn't explain it that well.

BUT, the final most incriminating thing about him and TB being teammates is this:
sig wrote:There is enough time to have a fire drill and go not for either me or TB I truly think LC would be a better lynch then either of us at this point. Whichever way heflips we would get more info then from a TB/SIg lynhc.

Sloonie I meant in a mafia sort of tailoring not a misplaced civ going with the herd.
He tries to fire drill which is SO terrible that far into the game, and suggests that neither him NOR TinyBubbles, someone he's expressed SPECIFIC suspicion of for almost the whole game, get lynched that day, and that we do someone else instead, trying to throw Long Con under.

The fact that he never fully committed to his suspicion, and the fact that he later suggested that neither he nor his big suspicion get lynched, makes me think Tiny is a potential teammate.

And that's not even addressing TB's posts.
sig wrote:When TB flips scum then Golden would also be scum.
But he said Golden is clean before this. Trying to throw Golden under the bus if his teammate inevitably flips scum.
sig wrote:We could always fire drill LC he is mafia
Further trying to fire drill off him/TB.
sig wrote:Wait no I'm sorry I dont want to go out in a gracious exit, let me try again..............IF YOU LYNCH ME YOUR ALLLLLLLL DEAD IM A BOMB...... so you better run :omg:

better? :P

I might be independent you never know....Don't sigh I could be..... :srsnod:

Okay let me be serious, I want the other mafia team gone I suspect some may have voted for me, I would say LC is mafia I was trying to get him to give a good argument about sloonie so I could lynch him after my post saying sloonie was clean but that never happened. After LC never responded he became more and more suspicious to me, you might not believe this, but my suspicion of LC and many others was true maybe not all but some were. I was actively hunting mafia during this game I will leave it up to you to figure out which of my reads were honest which were not. Minus LC string him up and kill Cobalt when your at it (that's a joke CObalt).........maybe :shrug:

Oh and btw my number has to do with the police they can rolecheck/protect or kill :mafia:
ironic very ironic.
It has been fun I look forward to our next game together......and Sloonie/Scotty I hate you both lynching an innocent civ like me :fist:
(I'm joking you were both good with me I would say good luck but I wouldn't really mean it) :feb:
:)
I made this post since I was bored and rarely post in the end game but again it was fun :beer:
Good by I will see you all in hell :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed:

:eye: :rolleyes: :eye:
And this final post makes me think either Sloonei or Scotty was in on it with him. He tries to act genuine by expressing LC is on the other team and then jokes with me, and then wishes Sloonei and Scotty luck. I'm actually gonna go back with his interactions with Scotty in particular, someone who's come after me as well. I wouldn't put it past Sig to tell someone to keep the heat on me when he's gone.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Golden wrote:As if I need any more to make me think Cobalt is mafia 1... anyone who is attacking someone who we think to be on mafia 2 'looks civ' to him.

Why? Why is someone civ because they catch people on one side of the fence? It takes catching people on both sides to make them civ.

Also, the responses to my point about TGG are entirely wifom, and not at all inconsistent with my theory. Want me to believe you are not bad? Explain to me why TGG quit.
He's talked about his bad internet on other sites. It's not like he was lying about it. He legitimately could not participate. That's why he withdrew.
Why are you defending a dead scum player? Am I scum?
1. I'm not, I answered a question. 2, possibly.
If you had to give a yes or no answer to #2 right now, what would you say? Why?
I would say yes, tentatively. You've done an enormous effort in making yourself look like a strong civilian voice which is the one thing that really ticks me about you. You analyze every post everyone's ever made to the point where, if you were scum, it would be indistinguishable who you were actually trying to incriminate, and who you were soft clearing, or who you were clearing by painting them scum in case you flipped scum, and that whole area becomes WIFOM. Frankly, you flipping scum makes it even more complicated because then we have to try to piece together your reads, and that all becomes WIFOM considering how you've put everything out there.

I just have a really hard time buying your effort as honest and not manipulative.
Which team am I on?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Golden wrote:As if I need any more to make me think Cobalt is mafia 1... anyone who is attacking someone who we think to be on mafia 2 'looks civ' to him.

Why? Why is someone civ because they catch people on one side of the fence? It takes catching people on both sides to make them civ.

Also, the responses to my point about TGG are entirely wifom, and not at all inconsistent with my theory. Want me to believe you are not bad? Explain to me why TGG quit.
He's talked about his bad internet on other sites. It's not like he was lying about it. He legitimately could not participate. That's why he withdrew.
Why are you defending a dead scum player? Am I scum?
1. I'm not, I answered a question. 2, possibly.
I would say yes, tentatively. You've done an enormous effort in making yourself look like a strong civilian voice which is the one thing that really ticks me about you. You analyze every post everyone's ever made to the point where, if you were scum, it would be indistinguishable who you were actually trying to incriminate, and who you were soft clearing, or who you were clearing by painting them scum in case you flipped scum, and that whole area becomes WIFOM. Frankly, you flipping scum makes it even more complicated because then we have to try to piece together your reads, and that all becomes WIFOM considering how you've put everything out there.

I just have a really hard time buying your effort as honest and not manipulative.
Which team am I on?
Sig's.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:1. I'm not, I answered a question. 2, possibly.

Which team am I on?
Sig's.
Why? Are you aware that this is also G-man's team? What do you make of my new hunch about nijuukyugou also being on that team? G-man suggested that I was Long Con's partner earlier. What do you think of that theory?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:1. I'm not, I answered a question. 2, possibly.

Which team am I on?
Sig's.
Why? Are you aware that this is also G-man's team? What do you make of my new hunch about nijuukyugou also being on that team? G-man suggested that I was Long Con's partner earlier. What do you think of that theory?
Willing to take what G-Man proposed with a grain of salt, considering.

I think if you were on that team, you'd make all the cases in the world about why someone else is on that team instead, were you mafia. Decent case though. Not sure if I buy it.
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Sloonei, why did your questions suddenly go from interrogative to defensive?

:|
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Cobalt wrote:Sloonei, why did your questions suddenly go from interrogative to defensive?

What part was defensive? I want you to share your thoughts on a number of theories.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:Sloonei, why did your questions suddenly go from interrogative to defensive?

What part was defensive? I want you to share your thoughts on a number of theories.
It just looks like you went from doing that, to trying to provide excuses as to why you weren't mafia based on my reasoning with your previous theories.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

It just looks like you went from doing that, to trying to provide excuses as to why you weren't mafia based on my reasoning with your previous theories.
Well yeah, kinda. I wouldn't say "excuses", just "alternative theories". Do you think G-man, my hypothetical teammate, would have used his last breath to cast serious suspicion against me being a member of the opposing scum team like that?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I apologize for the slo
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Wow, cool i am good at this posting thing. It's 4:30 in the morning, why am I here?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

Well yeah, kinda. I wouldn't say "excuses", just "alternative theories". Do you think G-man, my hypothetical teammate, would have used his last breath to cast serious suspicion against me being a member of the opposing scum team like that?
If he thought you'd be able to post your way out of it and bring up enough evidence against other people to discredit him, then yes. It would potentially soft clear you being on his team by doing so.

This can easily turn into WIFOM.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Post by Golden »

Cobalt, I'm impressed.

I don't think sloonei is bad still, but you have put bubbles back up on my radar. I already thought she might be LC's teammate on team 2, but team 1 makes sense as well. Her having a moment where she was really struggling to find enjoyment in this game and considered quitting was something I briefly flicked over earlier as possibly being a sign she was on TGG's team and uncomfortable with his quit (or, more accurately, with the fact that the mafia 1 chat room was probably quite a negative place). Now that you have brought me back there, I could see this being true.

The bit about 'if bubbles flipped scum, golden would be scum' never made any sense to me. But it does make sense in this context. Especially since, at that point, sig effectively knew me to be clean (since I'd survived a kill from the other team), and he would probably be thinking about possible ways to take me out.

I like it. You have my very willing to consider a bubbles vote today. I have long felt she is probably bad, but now you having me really want to know - if she is bad, which team would she flip?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Also, you raise Scotty and that's someone hopefully I'll finally have a bit of time to read back on tomorrow, but I see that possibility much more so than sloonei. I think your view on sloonei is more a case of culture clash than anything. His approach seems fairly standard in his mafia community.
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Golden wrote:Cobalt, I'm impressed.

I don't think sloonei is bad still, but you have put bubbles back up on my radar. I already thought she might be LC's teammate on team 2, but team 1 makes sense as well. Her having a moment where she was really struggling to find enjoyment in this game and considered quitting was something I briefly flicked over earlier as possibly being a sign she was on TGG's team and uncomfortable with his quit (or, more accurately, with the fact that the mafia 1 chat room was probably quite a negative place). Now that you have brought me back there, I could see this being true.

The bit about 'if bubbles flipped scum, golden would be scum' never made any sense to me. But it does make sense in this context. Especially since, at that point, sig effectively knew me to be clean (since I'd survived a kill from the other team), and he would probably be thinking about possible ways to take me out.

I like it. You have my very willing to consider a bubbles vote today. I have long felt she is probably bad, but now you having me really want to know - if she is bad, which team would she flip?
I still want Black Rock lynched today. I haven't done my own whole case but I've felt scum reads on her for a long time and the way she relentlessly defended LC is inexcusable.

Next up on my list would be Bubbles, and then Scotty or Sloonei.
Golden wrote:Also, you raise Scotty and that's someone hopefully I'll finally have a bit of time to read back on tomorrow, but I see that possibility much more so than sloonei. I think your view on sloonei is more a case of culture clash than anything. His approach seems fairly standard in his mafia community.
I need to get back to you on Scotty because some things ticked me and other things noticeably didn't.
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

My main concern about Sloonei is that if he is scum, every single one of his reads is strategic, and we have no IDEA what to actually trust. I'm not willing to take the risk of letting someone lead the general town consensus like that on every single other player. Way too risky.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei survived a nightkill from team one, man. He isn't on it.

If bubbles came back team one, it would mean I trusted you more.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Not that I'm saying we should let any one person lead. But I don't think sloonei has led alone. We have been successful because several people have been working in sync.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Cobalt wrote:I would say yes, tentatively. You've done an enormous effort in making yourself look like a strong civilian voice which is the one thing that really ticks me about you. You analyze every post everyone's ever made to the point where, if you were scum, it would be indistinguishable who you were actually trying to incriminate, and who you were soft clearing, or who you were clearing by painting them scum in case you flipped scum, and that whole area becomes WIFOM. Frankly, you flipping scum makes it even more complicated because then we have to try to piece together your reads, and that all becomes WIFOM considering how you've put everything out there.

I just want to comment on this before I finally fall asleep. This style of play is kind of the norm on the site I come from. It's not at all uncommon for players to do full post analysis of people they're not suspicious of. No one should ever be considered above suspicion, and so no one should ever be ignored as a possible suspect.
However, I would not say that I'm making it difficult to discern which players I'm "trying to incriminate" (or just stating suspicion of) and which players I'm trying to "soft clear" (state confidence in). In my post analyses, I generally spend a good deal of time explaining whether or not I'm suspicious of the player with lots of accompanying reasons.
I don't think there's any easier way to distinguish these things than with a rainbow list.

That said, I like your skepticism and the way you've expressed your suspicion against me seems fairly reasonable. I'm glad to see you posting and things and dig all this juicy new content. I'll re-examine it whenever I wake up.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Golden wrote:Sloonei survived a nightkill from team one, man. He isn't on it.
omg wait

that kind of throws a wrench in things.

I already voted Black Rock though, and I still want her gone. Otherwise I'd vote Bubbles today.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Cobalt wrote:My main concern about Sloonei is that if he is scum, every single one of his reads is strategic, and we have no IDEA what to actually trust. I'm not willing to take the risk of letting someone lead the general town consensus like that on every single other player. Way too risky.
You could combat this concern by providing your own analysis of every single player :)
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I should be modkilled if I make another post tonight. The sun is up.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Sloonei wrote:I should be modkilled if I make another post tonight. The sun is up.
yeah me too im literally like, wow, let me go the fuck to SLEEP.

night all.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:I should be modkilled if I make another post tonight. The sun is up.
This is a paradox. If the sun is up, you can't make another post tonight...
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Cobalt - I agree BR is bad and I don't mind if she ends up being lynched. I say this mostly for your benefit.

You do realise that she is married to LC? Often, she is specifically asked to provide views on LC for that reason. It's the one thing that gives me pause in the whole 'she defended LC' thing.

BR/bubbles - those are now my top two options for today and I'll definitely vote one of those ways. I'm leaning towards bubbles.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

if y'all still need a replacement, lemme know.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bubbles »

o.o i hope those who are considering me for a vote today will reconsider~! but in a way since the civs are way out numbering mafia right now one less civ isn't going to sink the ship, which is good. so civs can still win this :-)
anyway i'm not decided who to vote for today, probably delay it to closer to the deadline. and im sorry guys for being unnecessarily dramatic this game, i was taking things personally that werent personal, cant promise it wont happen again but i'll try to at least stick to the game itself,i hope i havent made it a worse experience for anyone
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I go to sleep for 6 hours and I'm already behind a page. You vampires.

Wow, so that was a very filling past few hours. Thanks for finally showing up Cobalt!
After reading through your responses, I can safely say you've risen MUCH higher on my scale. You seem closer to -5 than my previous -15. Not completely back to neutral, but allowing me to trust you more. Thanks for answering a lot of the heat that was thrown at you.
One thing I didn't see addressed (maybe you did and I skipped it) was the speculation raised by Epi 2.0 in regards to your switching votes on Day 1:
Epignosis wrote:If you really wanted LC out, you allegedly had the power all along to make that happen. Instead, you baited other people into voting for you Day 2. Rather, you waited until Day 2, and like a serial villain, you began advertising to your enemy that you were going to switch the lynch to Long Con. Why didn't you keep mum about it and just do it?

That's a wasted lynch. You could have used it Day 1 and really helped the civilians early on.

++++

Compare this to Day 3, when once again, votes were changeable:

Long Con
Cobalt (4), sig (22) 8%

Did it look like Long Con was going to be lynched Day 3? If not, then why not change your vote to "someone else [you] found scummy" as you claim you did Day 1?
Your response:
Cobalt wrote:Epi went for me as soon as my vote wound up on SVS instead of Long Con, so Epi did have views on me. Why would I be stupid enough to kill someone who wanted my head on a platter on night one?
did not really answer WHY you voted the way you voted. Could you care to comment on that?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Cobalt wrote:My main concern about Sloonei is that if he is scum, every single one of his reads is strategic, and we have no IDEA what to actually trust. I'm not willing to take the risk of letting someone lead the general town consensus like that on every single other player. Way too risky.
I do not think Sloonei is scum. If he is, then I will poop in my shoes. And guys, I don't want to do that.
Golden wrote:Also, you raise Scotty and that's someone hopefully I'll finally have a bit of time to read back on tomorrow, but I see that possibility much more so than sloonei.
I'm actually surprised I haven't be publicly looked into more. I look forward to it.
Golden wrote:Is MM silenced? Have we heard from him today? He's been active in guess who. I'm guessing he's our silencee today.
That would make a lot of sense. I do still want to hear his response to why he's voting Cobalt.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:if y'all still need a replacement, lemme know.
I would ask Bullzeye, and maybe Devin or DREAM. They could just be sleeping, but I know specifically Bullz was asking to be replaced.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

TinyBubbles wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
TinyBubbles wrote:Put my vote in for long con, because there are far too many votes on cobalt right now, i dont trust that thre's not a scummy reason to get him lynched (even if he is mafia). Could be a willing sacrifice, to call attention away from the others. And long can has been slightly suspicious from the start, though i dont know him fromprevious games so cant be sure its not just his usual style. He seemed an easy target last poll so i wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. however now there is no point, most likely cobalt's going to get lynched.

And sorry for not posting much. some posts have seemed kind of hostile, made me reluctant to involve myself. I am still around though :)

I think i recall bass suspecting i'm scum? I dont know if that was just meant to provoke a reaction or if it's his real opinion. Either way it's fishy.. and yes, for the 1000th time im still civ and will be civ ALL GAME and if you think that it's scummy of me to reiterate that, you don't really know me at all or you're misdirecting.
Are you saying that people who are suspicious of you are purposefully misdirecting the thread by putting attention on you? Surely you do not think you should be above suspicion.
Of all the people who have accused you, who do you get the scummiest vibes from?
Not necessarily, but i wouldnt be surprised.if i was mafia id be wanting to call attention to a particular person and then pretend to have a debate about them with a baddie teammate,. Just to get people's stance on them. I think real civs dont form strong opinions about any one person unless there is a lot of evidence or its close to lynch time. Also dont get into tight knit conversations about that person unless the thread is already moving in that direction. I dunno maybe im wrong

And of course, not saying im above suspicion. But im not trying to shift attention on anyone in particular, and what have i said thats so suspicious? Other that saying im civvie? Honestly im more surprised other people dont claim it if they are. i just dont want to be lynched early, i would love to see how this game develops towards the end and i want to be a part of that.

Scummiest vibes.. probably bass. And from everyone else, im getting some scummy vibes from hedgeowl and black rock.
Neverwhere seems to be exactly the same as in previous games, but she was baddie in those games. Not sure about how i feel about her.
Also Epi 2.0 is not giving off the same vibes as original Epi, and i dont believe RL is the only reason. On my radar
Scotty wrote:Trying to type this shit out on my phone is beyond annoying.

Tiny's response, "Honestly im more surprised other people dont claim it if they are" seems like a very weak comment. First of all, we're not doing info dumping here (right Cobalt?) and secondly raccoons may look cuddly and cute until you let them into the house and they take a big ole bite out of your dog. I love my dog. And you, Tiny, seem like the raccoon that just wants to come in and have a lunch party.
I still stand by my statement on Day 2. I sort of backed off of Tiny after her exasperated post of quitting, but actually wanted to comment on it soon thereafter. Tiny hasn't stirred much of the pot, nor has she really made any convincing suspicions of anyone. Just some vibes on people. I get weird vibes from my dog when he's watching me poop or whatever. Doesn't mean it's bad, or good. It's just weird. Doesn't really help discussion. She's very sweet and cuddly, with a smiley face on almost every post. (Hey, it's better than spewing insults in every post :p )
TinyBubbles wrote:put a vote on myself... cause it's probably gonna go that way anyway and honestly i am not really enjoying this game anymore. i'm civ though, you'll discover that as soon as i'm lynched.
almost a day later:
TinyBubbles wrote:
Golden wrote:Bubbles you are here...

I would really like you to save yourself and not vote for yourself and keep playing... have a chat to llama if the hostility is tough. :hug: :wub:

This hasn't been the easiest game so far but if you hang in there the fun will return before end game, I'm sure. It's particularly rough taking suspicion, but I'm not convinced you are bad by any stretch.
:hug: i was reading over the past few pages, thankyou for your kindness! and everyone else too. i pm'd Dom about how i was feeling... i won't repeat it here.

anyway, i'm gonna switch my vote to sig. maybe that'll save me haha. i think sloonei's post back on page 39 was quite convincing.
you seemed so ready to give up a day earlier, and now after we babied you, you feel intent on sticking around, and putting a vote on sig.
Now, while sig wasn't a bandwagon vote (you voted 4th on him that day), I saw no indication that you were utilizing any reasoning behind that vote. Hey, maybe mine and Sloonei's arguments made sense, that's cool, but I didn't see that.

It might be rough to take suspicion, and I don't want you to take MY suspicion the wrong way. I am coming on to you right now, but again. This is nothing personal. I've just thought you were scum since Day 2, but I couldn't put into words specifically how. :hug: :hugs:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I give it two real-time days before you're the thread's top poster.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:
Sloonei, do you ever sleep? :huh:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Sloonei, do you ever sleep? :huh:
I had a bad dream :(
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I know a guy with a striped shirt and claws that might be able to help you out

Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Bullzeye »

You can replace me if you like :) Even when I said I had free time for this game finally, I apparently meant like 10 free minutes per day! I will hopefully find more time in August or even later this month once my deadlines clear up.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:I know a guy with a striped shirt and claws that might be able to help you out
zebra wolverine? :o
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:Do you have anything to say about TinyBubbles or DFaraday?
DFaraday is one of those consistent hobgoblins. The tone of his posts when he is bad matches the tone of his posts when he is good. I have been evil with him a few times, and even now I couldn't tell you much about him. His general Mafia strategy is to lie low and become more active when the herd is culled, but that is what he does when he is good. Consistent hobgoblin.

++++

I wasn't going to comment on TinyBubbles, but there's only 30 posts, so looking back isn't exactly a chore. I still think that second post reeks ("And i'm a good guy AGAIN for the third time in a row! Which really doesn't help me train my mafia hunting instincts, like they say it takes a thief to catch a thief ") That third post is a straight defense of Long Con for shaky, snaky reasons. When pressed about the comment in the second post, TB said this, which in retrospect, has me scratching my head. If the theme is really cool and you would be pissed about getting voted out early, why do you only have 30 posts?

Saying this (" and yes, for the 1000th time im still civ and will be civ ALL GAME") strikes me as a funny thing to say, given all the talk of recruitment / corruption. If you are a civilian, how do you know you will be one all game?

Another odd phrasing in this post. After giving an "If I was Mafia" comment, TB says, "I think real civs dont form strong opinions about any one person unless there is a lot of evidence or its close to lynch time. Also dont get into tight knit conversations about that person unless the thread is already moving in that direction." "Real civs?" As opposed to what? Counterfeit ones?

TB concludes that post with this: "Also Epi 2.0 is not giving off the same vibes as original Epi, and i dont believe RL is the only reason. On my radar" That's funny. I don't recall ever saying anything about real life. :ponder:

TB self-voted, feeling defeated and not enjoying the game anymore, then, without having ever mentioned sig before, votes him and asks Sloonei about sig. Then there's an interaction with sig that I don't have any comment on either way.

TB's largest post is a defense of sig's accusations. When sig was going down and outed himself, he indicated that he was genuinely hunting for members of the other team, and I think we can all believe that. sig specifically called out TB as one of Long Con's teammates. Given the above, I'm inclined to agree.

Then...what? Open to the idea that Long Con is bad? Why now? Why not Day 1 when there was a real chance to lynch him? In contrast to being the first Cobalt voter Day 1, TB is the last G-Man voter on Day 4, but makes the comment that Long Con and G-Man are probably both bad. But the tone of this post stands in contrast to the tone of assurance expressed earlier. TB remarks "would love to get some more posts by gman now that he's no longer insanified and still a top suspect.he's probably gonna go next if nothing else changes," but, after not interacting with G-Man at all, says "i knew there'd be a fair few votes on you but i didnt expect an avalanche."

How could you Sloonei? Then paranoia paranoia aw shucks whoa!

The last post reiterates the "Guys I'm civilian narrative."

I wasn't going to do all that, but once I got started, it didn't make sense to stop halfway.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Canucklehead »

Reading up on these last few pages has solidified for me my earlier read on Cobalt (I don't think he's bad), and my mistrust of TB (I think she's bad and drowning. Her most recent post is seemingly just dripping with forced optimism and a fake air of "No worries! Aw shucks, I'm just happy to help the good ol' Civs! Cuz I'm just an innocent wittle civvy-wivvy!" *blink-blink* *doe eyes*. I don't buy it. I agree with Epi's last post that TB is more likely to be on Team LC, but I'm perfectly happy to find her on the other team, too.
I'm not sure how long I'll be around today, but I'll vote now. If I get a chance to come back in later, I'm willing to switch to either BR or Ninja if that's necessary.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by DFaraday »

Sloonei wrote: If you look at the content of Hedge's posts, do you see anything in particular that raises any suspicions? There have been a number of players in this game who've been lurking in the shadows, and I don't think it's fair to only suspect Hedgeowl for this.
I think you may have mistook my meaning. I meant that since she's has relatively little to say and nothing pingy lately, I'm feeling a bit better about her.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Scotty wrote:I go to sleep for 6 hours and I'm already behind a page. You vampires.

Wow, so that was a very filling past few hours. Thanks for finally showing up Cobalt!
After reading through your responses, I can safely say you've risen MUCH higher on my scale. You seem closer to -5 than my previous -15. Not completely back to neutral, but allowing me to trust you more. Thanks for answering a lot of the heat that was thrown at you.
One thing I didn't see addressed (maybe you did and I skipped it) was the speculation raised by Epi 2.0 in regards to your switching votes on Day 1:
Epignosis wrote:If you really wanted LC out, you allegedly had the power all along to make that happen. Instead, you baited other people into voting for you Day 2. Rather, you waited until Day 2, and like a serial villain, you began advertising to your enemy that you were going to switch the lynch to Long Con. Why didn't you keep mum about it and just do it?

That's a wasted lynch. You could have used it Day 1 and really helped the civilians early on.

++++

Compare this to Day 3, when once again, votes were changeable:

Long Con
Cobalt (4), sig (22) 8%

Did it look like Long Con was going to be lynched Day 3? If not, then why not change your vote to "someone else [you] found scummy" as you claim you did Day 1?
Your response:
Cobalt wrote:Epi went for me as soon as my vote wound up on SVS instead of Long Con, so Epi did have views on me. Why would I be stupid enough to kill someone who wanted my head on a platter on night one?
did not really answer WHY you voted the way you voted. Could you care to comment on that?
Day 3 was after Long Con survived my forced lynch on him so I knew SOME kind of bullshittery was afoot and I wanted his bitch ass gone and was willing to vote him every damn day until it happened. That's why it differed from day one when I didn't think he was going to get lynched and then went for SVS because she looked flaky af.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ah ok that actually makes sense if you thought you could get 2 lynches in one day.

Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Scotty wrote:Ah ok that actually makes sense if you thought you could get 2 lynches in one day.
Wait what? I didn't think I could get 2 lynches in one day, I swapped the lynch from myself to Long Con in day 2 and he survived it so I wasn't gonna let him get off that easily.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Oh, I misunderstood. For some reason I had it in my mind you didn't change the vote, but had like a vigi ability to lynch. I'm currently sitting by the beachfront one so I apologize. I'll need to rethink my logic in a bit.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Also what happened to the insanifier? Not that I'm missing it.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Cobalt wrote:
omg wait

I already voted Black Rock though, and I still want her gone. Otherwise I'd vote Bubbles today.
If yout theory about me being on team 1 has a wrench in it, can I ask again what you think of my theory about nijuu being partners with sig & g-man? I want to hear everyone's thoughts on this, really. Hey everyone, tell me whether you agree of that ninja blooper coulf be on Mafia Team 1 with sig and g-man!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Scotty wrote:Oh, I misunderstood. For some reason I had it in my mind you didn't change the vote, but had like a vigi ability to lynch. I'm currently sitting by the beachfront one so I apologize. I'll need to rethink my logic in a bit.
To reiterate for a final time to avoid any further confusion, my ability was to change any one lynch to a person of my choosing. I had boasted about it in hopes of revealing who LC's teammates were, and to see if anybody got noticeably worried, but especially because I was the lead for lynch votes it looked mostly like I was talking out my ass. I used it to save myself from the lynch and throw Long Con under the train, but he survived it.

If that was Into The Woods' doing, screw you. :mad:
Scotty wrote:Also what happened to the insanifier? Not that I'm missing it.
That was soooo annoying, omg.
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
omg wait

If yout theory about me being on team 1 has a wrench in it, can I ask again what you think of my theory about nijuu being partners with sig & g-man? I want to hear everyone's thoughts on this, really. Hey everyone, tell me whether you agree of that ninja blooper coulf be on Mafia Team 1 with sig and g-man!
I said before, it was a decent case nonetheless. Could definitely hold some water. I would need more than just you to bring it up as reasonable suspicion before putting any stock in it though.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm working tonight and will have to put a vote on somebody fairly early. I'm gonna hold off until the last possible minute, but right now my short list consists of Black Rock, TinyBubbles, Metalmarsh, and niju, in no particular order.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
omg wait

I said before, it was a decent case nonetheless. Could definitely hold some water. I would need more than just you to bring it up as reasonable suspicion before putting any stock in it though.
Fair deal, I'll ask scotty.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@Scotty, what do you think of that thing I said?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”