Canucklehead
6%
fingersplints
No votes
MovingPictures07
33%
rabbit8
No votes
Marvin the Martian (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
61%

Total votes: 18
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 254
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Who Framed Roger Rabbit? [Day 10]

Post by Tangrowth »

Never before have I felt I was playing that much of an uphill battle in a mafia game, yet there was always this glimmer of hope that appeared at the perfect times. It was truly something else.

Linki w/ BR: Well played by you, definitely. I'm so sorry I killed you, but I knew there was a way you were able to determine roles, and I didn't want to have you around at endgame figuring out I wasn't Betty Boop via that. Turns out I should have probably killed someone else. It was so tough since we only got to kill every other night.

And regarding my faked emotional outburst, I HAD to do it, I was so desperate to get myself out of suspicion, that was literally my last resort, after I had tried to talk myself out of every point brought against me.

That's why you should never trust someone due to an emotional outburst. :feb:
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 257

Post by fingersplints »

Black Rock wrote:Wow, first off what a great game. I was so invested in this game I was completely pissed when I got killed.

Great play by MP, he completely fooled me. I will never ever ever ever trust what of his spats in a game again. Ever! I have been waiting for this game to end so I could say that.

Canuck I near crawled into the internets to kiss you when you came out against MP today. I wanted the civvies to win this one.

Thank you Epig, I loved my role so much. A role like that gets me into the game. I waited for so long to see a result, Canuck was the first one when I learned her secret. At first I was trying to decide if Zomba was the role blocker as she was hinting, then I realized it was a MASS roleblock and we had a kill night 1. Duh! I then proceeded to call her a liar. If I hadn't died the night before Llama got lynched I could have saved his life his jokes were because of me and I would have known he was civ. It hurt my heart to see him go down, I wanted to save him so bad.
I knew his role from Elo, and tracked him and still lynched him.
Sorry llama :llama: but after Zomba and LC I couldn't trust your claim. I was convinced you picked a *secrets* one to hide your baddie secrets :(
Gro-oo-ovy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Canucklehead wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:LOL, Epi! Indeed. :haha: And I thought Epi was just being super mean when he wouldn't answer any of our questions about the recruiting, but it makes so much sense now.

Canucklehead wrote:Did you receive the message about recruiting me, but with no BTSC, MP?
I did! I even PMed Epi after you voted me, "Hey bitch, where's my BTSC? :feb: " :haha:
:haha:
That's fantastic.
I added that bit about you having to convince me to vote for you in order to gain BTSC because I honestly didn't know how I was going to make a case against you, and I wanted you to do it for me :p
....but then you weren't around right away, and I was worried about a bandwagon starting on someone else before I could stop it, so I went digging through your posts and made some shit up. :mafia:
I wasn't lying when I said you hadn't done much to real your alignment in the thread. Other than the Day 1 stuff, I think the case I made against you was spectacularly unconvincing.
Absolutely perfectly played. :clap:

I was seriously busy, seeing Interstellar last night with Daisy, and I was trying not to use RL as an excuse for my absence, but I thought you came up with a pretty good case against me considering -- I knew my posting less now in comparison would burn me, but it was 80% just me being busy anyway (Death Note, Smashfest, RL stuff, feeling burnt out) and 20% me taking advantage of the aforementioned 80% to avoid the thread more. :P
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Black Rock »

Oh and I have to make this short V is tapping her foot at me to go to work. I'll be back.

Elohcin and FS, I could not understand why you could trust Zombie girl so much when to me she was such an obvious liar. It must have been the BTSC thing, I never get invited to those things. :(

More after I drop her off, I so much thoughts going through my head. I loved this game.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I don't understand the appeal of saving a baddie teammate on Day 1. I just don't.

I mean I understand that you lose a precious teammate, but you risk exposing yourselves with the vote patterns. You're probably going to lynch a civ in the process of the save (which you normally would have done), and instead of lynching a baddie with no connections to him/her on Day 1, that same baddie will be lynched on Day 2 or 3 (presumably), with a ton of potential connections.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I don't understand the appeal of saving a baddie teammate on Day 1. I just don't.

I mean I understand that you lose a precious teammate, but you risk exposing yourselves with the vote patterns. You're probably going to lynch a civ in the process of the save (which you normally would have done), and instead of lynching a baddie with no connections to him/her on Day 1, that same baddie will be lynched on Day 2 or 3 (presumably), with a ton of potential connections.
I don't either, but everyone knows my go-to strategy is to throw my teammate under the bus, and it had burned me before, so especially with the 24 hour day I was caught between a rock and a place on what I should do. I just tried to approach the situation as if I couldn't decide what to think of Aces, and bringing in the fact that he just recently started playing again and his playstyle is way different, would be logical enough. I was super nervous about it though. I feel way less nervous when I distance than I do when I defend; I think defending is riskier.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden saw right through me though and called me out on everything PERFECTLY. I've been called out as a baddie for observations that were incorrect or coincidental or things that I could see myself doing as a civilian, but all I could think about re: BF and Golden for the first two cycles or so were "Wow, these civilians are ON FIRE".
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Black Rock wrote:Oh and I have to make this short V is tapping her foot at me to go to work. I'll be back.

Elohcin and FS, I could not understand why you could trust Zombie girl so much when to me she was such an obvious liar. It must have been the BTSC thing, I never get invited to those things. :(

More after I drop her off, I so much thoughts going through my head. I loved this game.
I was dead set on lynching her, but then I gained btsc with Elo and she told me she was the roleblocker. I knew nijuu had cursed Zomba since I had followed her, and at that point we thought llama was lying to Elo, not Zomba.
I was still considering she could be bad because I tracked LC and knew he did target Zomba when he claimed. At that point my main focus had been LC, who had claimed my role so I knew had to be bad. But yea, I wasn't so worried about Zomba anymore since I knew LC and nijuu were bad
Gro-oo-ovy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I also felt super restricted after I overplayed my frustration with MM's self-vote and was wondering if you self-voted on purpose to trick us... I thought for sure that first Day was going to sink the entire team if Aces got lynched, so I tried so hard to redirect attention without being too obvious. It was incredibly difficult.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

We even considered NKing Aces on N1 for a giant gambit if MM got lynched instead. Aces and I loved the idea! We didn't get a chance to SERIOUSLY consider it though since Day 1 ended and Aces was lynched... upon which I was like, "Fuck!" :haha:
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 208

Post by rabbit8 »

Yay civvies, I was one. :noble:

Glad you all acted so civvie like...... :grin:
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Black Rock »

fingersplints wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Oh and I have to make this short V is tapping her foot at me to go to work. I'll be back.

I was dead set on lynching her, but then I gained btsc with Elo and she told me she was the roleblocker. I knew nijuu had cursed Zomba since I had followed her, and at that point we thought llama was lying to Elo, not Zomba.
I was still considering she could be bad because I tracked LC and knew he did target Zomba when he claimed. At that point my main focus had been LC, who had claimed my role so I knew had to be bad. But yea, I wasn't so worried about Zomba anymore since I knew LC and nijuu were bad

I was convinced you were Benny, I deliberately didn't target you since Benny would die.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I also felt super restricted after I overplayed my frustration with MM's self-vote and was wondering if you self-voted on purpose to trick us... I thought for sure that first Day was going to sink the entire team if Aces got lynched, so I tried so hard to redirect attention without being too obvious. It was incredibly difficult.
As I said before, my main goal was to protect Donald, since I was Daffy, but that was another reason too. You may recall when I self-voted, I said something like "Nothing's happening", and that was just my way of making something happen. :D

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I don't understand the appeal of saving a baddie teammate on Day 1. I just don't.

I don't either, but everyone knows my go-to strategy is to throw my teammate under the bus, and it had burned me before, so especially with the 24 hour day I was caught between a rock and a place on what I should do. I just tried to approach the situation as if I couldn't decide what to think of Aces, and bringing in the fact that he just recently started playing again and his playstyle is way different, would be logical enough. I was super nervous about it though. I feel way less nervous when I distance than I do when I defend; I think defending is riskier.
And you kind of did both. When I self-voted, you came out and said I deserve to be lynched for it. But then you essentially threw your vote away somewhere else.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 178

Post by Golden »

juliets wrote:Congrats winners! Great play by Canuck, one of the best I've ever scene. I had to trust someone in those early days because people wrongly thought i was bad. i trusted Golden and that worked out great - he had an about face with respect to my guilt in the thread. But then he died and unfortunately I picked MP. I almost had to though because he was going so hard against me and convincing others - it was him or rabbit and I thought rabbit was bad. So MP did an about face about me in the thread and then promptly killed me that night. So I missed this great game. Congrats again to the winners and thanks for helping me Golden.

Thats ok MM.
Didn't work out that great. Sorry JC. I feel very responsible for your death, but it was very hard to give a nuanced back away from you without vowels, and I did not want you to be lynched because I had made a case on you! The moment I was lynched, I expect the baddies assumed you were jessica?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sophie wrote:SO, cause i ve been flip flopping so much people started looking at ME as a baddie :fist: :fist: :fist: :fist:
I thought you were bad for two reasons... maybe three

1) I thought you voted last on Aces because it looked like a safe harbour at that point for a teammate of his.
2) I thought your approach to bass in low posters was different to others (and although bass hadn't been called out then, I had an eye on him because of the point at which he voted MM)
3) I thought you might have decided to deliberately play a different kind of baddie game on your return, because I know you feel like your baddie game is really easy to pick, and thats why every time you said 'this isn't my baddie game' made me feel more uncomfortable.

Also - I thought you were hinting at Eddie Valiant from early on. I never realised it was Herman, and the reason why is because I was thinking from very early on that maybe Herman was the person who was doing the cursing (he beats you up), and I thought it might be someone I had suspected on day one.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nijuukyugou wrote:Well hot damn, we got bamboozled! :haha: Canuck, you're a freaking genius. Those cartoons were SO HARD to choose jokes for, too!

Poor Golden! I did enjoy counting your vowels, though :P And everyone's, for that matter - hope y'all enjoyed the smoke :feb:

Excellent game! My teammates were incredible, and the Civs were on top of their game. Hope to see you in the next one!
Don't feel too sorry for me. I brought it on myself (what a sensible choice for that particular curse, guys... the guy who won't shut up, the day after he led a lynch on a civvie. That was genius).

AND... I would have lynched rabbit that day, not MP. So my vowels saved rabbit's bacon. Rabbit, I took a bullet for you, man. Never forget.

And then I won anyway, which was less deserved than some who didn't.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Golden wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:Well hot damn, we got bamboozled! :haha: Canuck, you're a freaking genius. Those cartoons were SO HARD to choose jokes for, too!

Poor Golden! I did enjoy counting your vowels, though :P And everyone's, for that matter - hope y'all enjoyed the smoke :feb:

Excellent game! My teammates were incredible, and the Civs were on top of their game. Hope to see you in the next one!
Don't feel too sorry for me. I brought it on myself (what a sensible choice for that particular curse, guys... the guy who won't shut up, the day after he led a lynch on a civvie. That was genius).

AND... I would have lynched rabbit that day, not MP. So my vowels saved rabbit's bacon. Rabbit, I took a bullet for you, man. Never forget.

And then I won anyway, which was less deserved than some who didn't.

I'm glad you suck. :haha: :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I cannot stress how well the civilians owned this game. THIS is how civilians should play mafia. Every single one of you. Seriously. :clap:

I am so glad you guys won it in the end. I was obviously disappointed I couldn't pull off the amazing underdog comeback, but it just wouldn't have been right.
I think what partly contributes to this... and I think zomb will help redress the balance too, actually... maybe, if I think she enjoys civ as much as she seems to.

This site looks like its full of FEBs who love being mafia and bring their A games to being mafia... just my impression, not sure if thats true, but people like epi, llama, SVS... I'm presuming lots of people make great baddies here.

BF, sophie and I are definitely the exact opposite. We all bring our A games as civilians, much more than as mafia, I think. And I wonder if that might be just a little bit different.

And, frankly, I don't remember having played a lot with canuck, but I have never seen a civilian play their hand as well as she did, I don't think.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Some of us are just naturally evil so it suits us better
Gro-oo-ovy
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh this reminds me...

I decided to trust zombs on day two for two reasons. 1) I thought it would make it less obvious JC was the one I was protecting (obviously not to the baddies though, in the end, lol) and 2) I knew she would enjoy translating my posts.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I cannot stress how well the civilians owned this game. THIS is how civilians should play mafia. Every single one of you. Seriously. :clap:

I am so glad you guys won it in the end. I was obviously disappointed I couldn't pull off the amazing underdog comeback, but it just wouldn't have been right.
I think what partly contributes to this... and I think zomb will help redress the balance too, actually... maybe, if I think she enjoys civ as much as she seems to.

This site looks like its full of FEBs who love being mafia and bring their A games to being mafia... just my impression, not sure if thats true, but people like epi, llama, SVS... I'm presuming lots of people make great baddies here.

BF, sophie and I are definitely the exact opposite. We all bring our A games as civilians, much more than as mafia, I think. And I wonder if that might be just a little bit different.

And, frankly, I don't remember having played a lot with canuck, but I have never seen a civilian play their hand as well as she did, I don't think.
That's very true, actually. I personally feel I am 9001 times better at being mafia (and I enjoy it more, generally) than at being civilian. It's obviously a complex question without a simple answer, but I definitely feel that "civilians don't play well enough relative to mafia" (for whatever reason that is) is Reason #1.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

On the flipside, that makes some people obvious baddies.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:On the flipside, that makes some people obvious baddies.
Says you :feb:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:On the flipside, that makes some people obvious baddies.
Says you :feb:
You were following Death Note, right? :dark:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 72
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: Who Framed Roger Rabbit? [Day 3]

Post by bea »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
bea wrote:bye newt - see you next game :hug: no idea what side you were on but I love playing with you. :)
Lol bea. When you posted this after my death. Little did you know that you were the Judge's real target, not me. :D
Lc!!!!!!!! :( thanks for taking that bullet for me ducky :)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 181

Post by thellama73 »

I wouldn't necessarily say I enjoy being bad more than civ, but being civ is more frustrating because everyone always thinks I am bad. I actually feel like I try harder when I am civ, but it tends to get me lynched.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 15

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:I wouldn't necessarily say I enjoy being bad more than civ, but being civ is more frustrating because everyone always thinks I am bad. I actually feel like I try harder when I am civ, but it tends to get me lynched.
This a million times this. People always think i am bad, and for weird stuff.

Now back to your postgame

[/non player narcissism]
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I wouldn't necessarily say I enjoy being bad more than civ, but being civ is more frustrating because everyone always thinks I am bad. I actually feel like I try harder when I am civ, but it tends to get me lynched.
This a million times this. People always think i am bad, and for weird stuff.

Now back to your postgame

[/non player narcissism]
I always seem to think you are bad, SVS, lol. I don't know how many games we played together before we had one where we both actually thought each other was civ in the same game. Lots.
Sophie
The Mark
Posts in topic: 293

Post by Sophie »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: BF, sophie and I are definitely the exact opposite. We all bring our A games as civilians, much more than as mafia, I think. And I wonder if that might be just a little bit different.

So true. Im a natural as civvie, i mean, im so bad at being mafia. Im not a good liar, i suck at faking temper tantrums (looking at u MP :eye: ), and i find it stressful to be lying all the time. Thats why im an annoying super high poster as a civvie :p , and a cool low poster as a baddie.
I cant believe some of you peeps thought i was a baddie, i got like 300 posts this game. And got frustrated many times :D . I think this is the civviest i ve been :p .
what played against me was that i got confused and only really suspected MP, cause the baddies were playing such an awesome game. but confused civvie is still civvie.

And, in the end, i had to heavy hint cause i thought, when golden made the case against me, that you guys were gonna go after rabbit. Plus, i have silenced rabbit. I knew he was civvie but night 8 was my way of proving and confirming myself he was. I wasnt surprised he didnt die. But i HAD to clear me. Otherwise the lynchs would have been: sophie, rabbit, bea, in any other.
I knew that if you guys figured it out who i was (lynching me or otherwise) you would start looking other ways for the baddie, cause thats what was needed to do.

So, when llama died, i knew i wasnt gonna win this one, but i wasnt gonna die without helping the civvies as much as i could. so i did.
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

* meant: i had to clear him (rabbit). Thats what my mission before dying.
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

Alsoooooo wanted to say that in night 2 i wanted to kill MP. the baddies blocked me, couldnt

In night 4, after the slip, wanted to kill LC. Thank god i got here 20 minutes late. baby herman would DIE if they target the judge. i was convinced LC was mafia. i was just a bit late and was gonna 100% target lc that day. came here late and ask epi to still make my action go through, i was barely late. thank god he didnt. i would have DIED that night.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

You had bad luck all around sophie.

I was hoping you would be jessica rabbit. I don't think I've ever actually got to have civvie btsc with you. But I wish I had got to with elo :(
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by blindfaeth »

Sorry fs for not sending my pm. But I didn't trust anyone and purposely wanted everyone to be up for lynch. Lol!
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Golden wrote:You had bad luck all around sophie.

I was hoping you would be jessica rabbit. I don't think I've ever actually got to have civvie btsc with you. But I wish I had got to with elo :(
I'm glad I got to win with you!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Have we actually ever won together bf? This might be a first!
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Sophie, I had my doubts about you, but in the end I knew in my heart you were civvie. I was sad I was wrong about bea, but her noninvolvement had me worried.

Linki, maybe so lol!
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

blindfaeth wrote:Sorry fs for not sending my pm. But I didn't trust anyone and purposely wanted everyone to be up for lynch. Lol!
Its ok I understood why you didn't. It just happened to be the night I was checking you. Bad luck on our part, but it worked out fine in the end!
I really did think you were benny since you took me off the poll and Epi clarified to me that you couldn't take yourself off the poll.
We were all very paranoid and turning on each other. I've never second guessed so much in a game.

Also I forgot that I tracked MP night 1, and he didn't target anyone. So that added to my trust of him.
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 109

Post by Epignosis »

Haven't even read my own endgame, sorry. Was hosting Heroes Unlimited. Then I cooked and ate.
Golden wrote:Epi, you were an epic host, and I love that you set up the game to be funny. As far as comeback games go - this one made me feel like the Syndicate was home, and you deserve a lot of the credit for that.

And sophie, I'm sorry you couldn't win :(
Thank you Golden. You are very good. I enjoyed watching you perform and rack up those laughs.
Golden wrote:Epi... what I want to know is, despite the vowels, could I have been lynched if bf took me off the poll?
If you're not on the poll, you can't be lynched. That's how I do it.
Sophie wrote:yeah civvies finally :omg: :omg:

OMG i told you it was MP! why was everyone clearing him??? if you guys wouldnt have cleared him so much i would have killed him in night 8 and we would have win

I TRIED KILL MP IN NIGHT 2 AND COULDNT WHAT HAPPENED??????? I GOT BLOCKED, WHO BLOCKED ME???

literally mp was the only person i thought was bad the entire game, if it wasnt for the clearing i would have killed me much earlier. i still didnt believe him when lea got lynched, but couldnt ignore bf, fs and canuck claims.

is that because he pretended to be jessica?
Something funny about Sophie was that she got blocked on Night 2, and because of DST in the US, she missed sending in her Night action on Night 4. This was after Bass faked the LC thing, so Sophie was pissed that she didn't get to try to kill Long Con. Funny thing is, had she targeted Long Con, she would have died instead. :puppy:
Sophie wrote:Alsoooooo wanted to say that in night 2 i wanted to kill MP. the baddies blocked me, couldnt

In night 4, after the slip, wanted to kill LC. Thank god i got here 20 minutes late. baby herman would DIE if they target the judge. i was convinced LC was mafia. i was just a bit late and was gonna 100% target lc that day. came here late and ask epi to still make my action go through, i was barely late. thank god he didnt. i would have DIED that night.
There we go. :beer:

Sometimes a host being a stickler for rules works in your favor!
Black Rock wrote:Thank you Epig, I loved my role so much. A role like that gets me into the game. I waited for so long to see a result, Canuck was the first one when I learned her secret. At first I was trying to decide if Zomba was the role blocker as she was hinting, then I realized it was a MASS roleblock and we had a kill night 1. Duh! I then proceeded to call her a liar. If I hadn't died the night before Llama got lynched I could have saved his life his jokes were because of me and I would have known he was civ. It hurt my heart to see him go down, I wanted to save him so bad.
I knew you would rock it. My only regret is that you never targeted rabbit- funny thing is that you probably wouldn't be able to tell the result of your action from his normal posting style! :haha:

Want to hear something funny? I just NOW noticed that I did not have a thing for Betty Boop if you ever served juliets a drink. Somehow I missed that role!
Golden wrote:This site looks like its full of FEBs who love being mafia and bring their A games to being mafia... just my impression, not sure if thats true, but people like epi, llama, SVS... I'm presuming lots of people make great baddies here.
My first several games I was Mafia. Four or five times straight, I think. Five games in a row. I just went back and counted. When I first became a civilian, I found myself doing exactly what I would do if I were Mafia. Normally, people try to act like they are civilians. Not me- I ended up using the same tactics and lies and ruses. I really had no other mindset, and I think it kind of stuck. :dark:

To this day, I have one single solitary civilian win, and I almost got screwed out of that one (a mistake from the host made me lynch target #1 for a little bit, but I basically threatened people with physical real life violence if they voted me so close to the end of the game :noble: ). Also, Mafia tried to Night kill me THREE times that game.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

I thought fs was benny!

In the end with bfs hints, i understood it was him, but was dead or nearly dead then.

I never suspected any of you guys, not fs, or canuck, or bf. Cause, like i said in the end, even whwn i was trying to find in your posts some baddiw sign, i couldnt find any real one. Bf, you were impecable this game as a civvie.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

lol, I only slightly thought you looked at you as bad. Which is a good thing for not getting NKed. I kept you on my list because I knew I could get you lynched if I had too. But LC made me think he had forced some votes. And it was between getting you lynched or me, so I had to go after you with all I had.

Why did LC decide to go after you? I thought he wanted revenge. :shrug2:

I wish I had not let MP off the hook after his blow up. I had not played in a while and everyone was saying this kept happening to him. Next time I will listen to myself more. I was coming back around because of his drop off. Next time don't drop off like that MP. I was looking at you and Canuck because I had not used a lynch stop and one of you had to be bad. :pout:

Well played MP. Well played. :clap:
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

Epignosis wrote:Haven't even read my own endgame, sorry. Was hosting Heroes Unlimited. Then I cooked and ate.
Golden wrote:Epi, you were an epic host, and I love that you set up the game to be funny. As far as comeback games go - this one made me feel like the Syndicate was home, and you deserve a lot of the credit for that.

And sophie, I'm sorry you couldn't win :(
Thank you Golden. You are very good. I enjoyed watching you perform and rack up those laughs.
Golden wrote:Epi... what I want to know is, despite the vowels, could I have been lynched if bf took me off the poll?
If you're not on the poll, you can't be lynched. That's how I do it.
Sophie wrote:yeah civvies finally :omg: :omg:

OMG i told you it was MP! why was everyone clearing him??? if you guys wouldnt have cleared him so much i would have killed him in night 8 and we would have win

I TRIED KILL MP IN NIGHT 2 AND COULDNT WHAT HAPPENED??????? I GOT BLOCKED, WHO BLOCKED ME???

literally mp was the only person i thought was bad the entire game, if it wasnt for the clearing i would have killed me much earlier. i still didnt believe him when lea got lynched, but couldnt ignore bf, fs and canuck claims.

is that because he pretended to be jessica?
Something funny about Sophie was that she got blocked on Night 2, and because of DST in the US, she missed sending in her Night action on Night 4. This was after Bass faked the LC thing, so Sophie was pissed that she didn't get to try to kill Long Con. Funny thing is, had she targeted Long Con, she would have died instead. :puppy:
Sophie wrote:Alsoooooo wanted to say that in night 2 i wanted to kill MP. the baddies blocked me, couldnt

There we go. :beer:

Sometimes a host being a stickler for rules works in your favor!
Black Rock wrote:Thank you Epig, I loved my role so much. A role like that gets me into the game. I waited for so long to see a result, Canuck was the first one when I learned her secret. At first I was trying to decide if Zomba was the role blocker as she was hinting, then I realized it was a MASS roleblock and we had a kill night 1. Duh! I then proceeded to call her a liar. If I hadn't died the night before Llama got lynched I could have saved his life his jokes were because of me and I would have known he was civ. It hurt my heart to see him go down, I wanted to save him so bad.
I knew you would rock it. My only regret is that you never targeted rabbit- funny thing is that you probably wouldn't be able to tell the result of your action from his normal posting style! :haha:

Want to hear something funny? I just NOW noticed that I did not have a thing for Betty Boop if you ever served juliets a drink. Somehow I missed that role!
Golden wrote:This site looks like its full of FEBs who love being mafia and bring their A games to being mafia... just my impression, not sure if thats true, but people like epi, llama, SVS... I'm presuming lots of people make great baddies here.
My first several games I was Mafia. Four or five times straight, I think. Five games in a row. I just went back and counted. When I first became a civilian, I found myself doing exactly what I would do if I were Mafia. Normally, people try to act like they are civilians. Not me- I ended up using the same tactics and lies and ruses. I really had no other mindset, and I think it kind of stuck. :dark:

To this day, I have one single solitary civilian win, and I almost got screwed out of that one (a mistake from the host made me lynch target #1 for a little bit, but I basically threatened people with physical real life violence if they voted me so close to the end of the game :noble: ). Also, Mafia tried to Night kill me THREE times that game.

Epi i need to say you hosted a FANTASTIC game. This is one of the best times i ever had playing mafia. You were a terrific host and the roles and secrets were awesome. Im so glad i got to play this one!!!! :omg: :omg:
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Yes epis games are awesome. I also really liked masters of the universe.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 132
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:Also, Mafia tried to Night kill me THREE times that game.
Sounds like my Civvie wins. Great game, Epig, nice checks and balances on the info-to-baddie-deception ratio. I'm looking forward to hosting Arkham Mafia with you!

So, Llama... on Night 3 (?) Elohcin was targeted by BR (Delores) and that made her 'have a threesome' in her Jessica Rabbit temp BTSC. Llama and I were her choices.

I had to roleclaim, so I chose Eddie Valiant, because I had just found out that Bass was a baddie due to his fingersplints vote, so I pretended that I tacked him and he targeted juliets, the NK victim. Solid, right? Llama claimed Marvin Acme, and his reveal of the secrets made a lot of sense with the character, who was dead all movie, as I recall, with his Will being the Macguffin to drive the plot.

Not too long after I told them about Bass, two things happened. First blindfaeth (a little) and Canucklehead (a LOT) came out after Bass, with some solid evidence that he was a baddie. Next, Bass pulled his little phony-slip against me.

What am I supposed to think? It seemed clear that Llama was a baddie, and had told his team that I am obviously the Judge, so they mobilized to take me out. I also heavily suspected Canuck as a teammate, because she was the vehicle that got it going. If the baddies KNEW that I had outed Bass, then a good move would be to send one of their own to take him down themselves, for supreme distancing. Most of the thread didn't understand how the baddies could know who I was, and I couldn't reveal it - even though it could easily seem to Elohcin that the baddies were framing Eddie Valiant, instead of The Judge.

Hilarious now that I explained to MP07 that there's things he could not know that would lead to Bass wanting to set me up... little did I know the truth. I think I must have confused MP a little with what I was saying, since he knew the actual truth: the baddies had roleblocked me Night 1, and there had been no vote-forcing, so they had me pegged as Judge Doom from the get-go.

Ironically, I actually chose to not use my power on Night 1 because of Eddie Valiant's tracking. I figured I didn't need to manipulate the lynch so early, so why risk getting tracked? Only during Day 2 did I think about my role more, and realize that it meant I could pinpoint the baddies and try to take them out at my leisure while killing Civs every other night. If the baddies had roleblocked ANYONE else that night, then they would have assumed that person was Judge Doom, and my game would have been drastically different. Image

I DID want revenge for Bass' setup move, and I was sure that Llama was to blame, so I did what I could to get him lynched. Sorry, sir! :doh: :haha: Now that you see my perspective on it, I'm sure you understand.

I sent in Elohcin for my kill on Night 4, because she was going to pull BR in next... I had told her that I tracked BR night 1 and she didn't target, but it was too much of a risk to let her BTSC with BR and find out I was lying. Eloh changed to fingersplints instead of BR, so I sent in Sophie's name later as an updated kill, but Zomba roleblocked me anyway. I REALLY didn't want to kill Elohcin though, because she was so nice, but I'm glad that it was my choice to not kill her rather than the roleblock doing it for me. :noble: Little did I know that splints was the real Eddie Valiant. :doh: :doh: :doh: I thought Splints just talked some sense into Eloh about me and Bass and lying, now I see that it was much more dire.

So wow... is this right?? Sophie tried to target me - to kill me as a baddie - on Night 4. She would have died as a result, but she was roleblocked, saving her life. The same night, I tried to kill HER, and I was roleblocked, saving her life! HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN??? That's, like, so awesome.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

She wasn't blocked trying to kill you- she missed the deadline due to DST in the USA.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

LC, that story is legendary.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Eloh-llama-LC BTSC was just as awkward as you can imagine it.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 132
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Indeed it was, Epig! And Llama kept disappearing for long periods, which made us worry about his alignment.

And yeah, BR just said "Didn't the Civvie roleblocker (Dom) die before that? How could you both be roleblocked?" It was Sophie's missed PM that saved her, not her being roleblocked. Still, an epic night of Sophie narrow-survival!
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Golden wrote:LC, that story is legendary.

We agree on something. I doubt it'll ever happen during a game though. :p
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Also, Mafia tried to Night kill me THREE times that game.
Sounds like my Civvie wins. Great game, Epig, nice checks and balances on the info-to-baddie-deception ratio. I'm looking forward to hosting Arkham Mafia with you!

So, Llama... on Night 3 (?) Elohcin was targeted by BR (Delores) and that made her 'have a threesome' in her Jessica Rabbit temp BTSC. Llama and I were her choices.

I had to roleclaim, so I chose Eddie Valiant, because I had just found out that Bass was a baddie due to his fingersplints vote, so I pretended that I tacked him and he targeted juliets, the NK victim. Solid, right? Llama claimed Marvin Acme, and his reveal of the secrets made a lot of sense with the character, who was dead all movie, as I recall, with his Will being the Macguffin to drive the plot.

Not too long after I told them about Bass, two things happened. First blindfaeth (a little) and Canucklehead (a LOT) came out after Bass, with some solid evidence that he was a baddie. Next, Bass pulled his little phony-slip against me.

What am I supposed to think? It seemed clear that Llama was a baddie, and had told his team that I am obviously the Judge, so they mobilized to take me out. I also heavily suspected Canuck as a teammate, because she was the vehicle that got it going. If the baddies KNEW that I had outed Bass, then a good move would be to send one of their own to take him down themselves, for supreme distancing. Most of the thread didn't understand how the baddies could know who I was, and I couldn't reveal it - even though it could easily seem to Elohcin that the baddies were framing Eddie Valiant, instead of The Judge.

Hilarious now that I explained to MP07 that there's things he could not know that would lead to Bass wanting to set me up... little did I know the truth. I think I must have confused MP a little with what I was saying, since he knew the actual truth: the baddies had roleblocked me Night 1, and there had been no vote-forcing, so they had me pegged as Judge Doom from the get-go.

Ironically, I actually chose to not use my power on Night 1 because of Eddie Valiant's tracking. I figured I didn't need to manipulate the lynch so early, so why risk getting tracked? Only during Day 2 did I think about my role more, and realize that it meant I could pinpoint the baddies and try to take them out at my leisure while killing Civs every other night. If the baddies had roleblocked ANYONE else that night, then they would have assumed that person was Judge Doom, and my game would have been drastically different. Image

I DID want revenge for Bass' setup move, and I was sure that Llama was to blame, so I did what I could to get him lynched. Sorry, sir! :doh: :haha: Now that you see my perspective on it, I'm sure you understand.

I sent in Elohcin for my kill on Night 4, because she was going to pull BR in next... I had told her that I tracked BR night 1 and she didn't target, but it was too much of a risk to let her BTSC with BR and find out I was lying. Eloh changed to fingersplints instead of BR, so I sent in Sophie's name later as an updated kill, but Zomba roleblocked me anyway. I REALLY didn't want to kill Elohcin though, because she was so nice, but I'm glad that it was my choice to not kill her rather than the roleblock doing it for me. :noble: Little did I know that splints was the real Eddie Valiant. :doh: :doh: :doh: I thought Splints just talked some sense into Eloh about me and Bass and lying, now I see that it was much more dire.

So wow... is this right?? Sophie tried to target me - to kill me as a baddie - on Night 4. She would have died as a result, but she was roleblocked, saving her life. The same night, I tried to kill HER, and I was roleblocked, saving her life! HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN??? That's, like, so awesome.
So eloh is nice and you dont wanns kill her so you kill me? Im nice too! :pout: :p

Now, about your last paragraph. Wow, we really wanted to kll eachother on night 4. Huh? :p i got doyble lucky. I wasnt roleblocked, i was a mere 10 MINUTES late, and thats cause the nifght finished earlier that night, cause of the time changing thing that happens in usa. Here in argentina we didnt change time, so i came to the thread CONVINCED i had 1 hour left to send your name. But it turned out night was over. I was so mad i wrote epi MORE THAN ONE PM ASKING HIM TO PLEASE LET ME KILL YOU :p. Thank god he sticked to the rules.

So in reality i escaped death TWICE in one night. Its like those final destiny movies

Return to “Previous Side Missions”