The Urban Cowboy (non/dead)
50%

Total votes: 8
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 199

Re: [Day 6] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Cobalt »

Scum Rock, Scum Con, Scumnei, I've been doing it all game. Lmao. It kind of became a thing on GTF after that phase.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 121

Post by S~V~S »

OK, Thanks, I have not reread you, or come much into contact with your posts in what i have read. So sorry about that. It still feels hyperbole to me, but if it is the norm for you, then i read too much into it.

Nice to see someone Johnny on the spot to reply to a mention, though, isn't it.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Post by Golden »

Yeah, it's definitely been a clear part of Cobalt's style.

I could see myself shifting my vote to Black Rock, but for now I like it on Cobalt.

SVS, let me provide you with a brief synopsis. Bound to miss stuff, because it's just my own perspective but hopefully it helps you.

Mafia one had Sig and G-Man. They also tried and failed to kill Sloonei, and successfully killed epi 1.0 and FZ.

Mafia two had Long Con. They tried to kill me and bass and successfully killed sloonei. They also had a missing (possibly blocked) kill where we don't know the identity of the potential victim or even if a NK was sent in.

G-Man was caught because TGG subbed out after epi was allowed to sub back in. I have raised the question as to whether or not he was upset about epi subbing in because epi was on to one of his teammates, but this hasn't been resolved yet.

The people around currently who seem to have the most people suspicious of them are Cobalt, BR, Ninja and nutella, so they might be good places to form opinions to begin with.

TH didn't particularly have any heat that I can think of, so you probably have a bit of time to catch up.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Welcome back SVS -- I and a couple others (BR maybe?) have been somewhat suspicious of TH mostly because of his quietness/style at the beginning, but since he seemed to actually disappear I'm willing to chalk that up to his not being fully available to play. Still definitely doesn't get you a free pass in my eyes but I'm giving you a fresh chance.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Cobalt wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:Meh, I don't scum-slip (and that sounds super gross :haha: ), however subtly. You asked everyone to give an opinion of your sig case. I gave it. I finally see what you're saying - that I didn't state my own personal suspicion of sig at the time that it would have been more prudent to do so. I get it. But at this point, I don't really know how to convince you that I'm telling the truth except that I had that suspicion that I failed to share with the rest of the class, I agreed with your case, and I voted what I believed and agreed with. Turn your tunnel vision off - you've seriously got the wrong gal, and I'd really like to continue baddie-hunting and win as a civ.

I've also stated my suspects. Cobalt is Baddie McBadderson and I've been after that for quite some time. I liked the last case on Black Rock and could see her as a baddie. Epi 2.0 has been giving me some baddie vibes and I've said why in an earlier post. Those are three off the top of my head. See other posts for other suspects I may have forgotten to share here.
Okay first of all you scummy ass fart in the breeze, let me give you a lesson on Playing Mafia 101, mmkay? Trotting around going "I don't scum-slip" from your infallible high horse not only makes you look like an EGREGIOUS snob but it also makes you look that much worse. Acting like you're perfect and looking down on people for merely expressing significant suspicion of you is classic scum slip right out of said Mafia 101 textbook, so FANTASTIC job contradicting yourself.

If you really want the scummiest Baddie McBadderson out of everyone here then look in the damn mirror and behold sis, because if you're gonna try to throw me under a train then BY ALL MEANS, EVERYONE PLEASE LYNCH ME TOMORROW. Because when I flip civ your infallible perfect self will be knocked right on your pancake ass off your high horse at which point you may be crucified to the town's content.

GOODBYE.

Oh?
Cobalt wrote:Changed my vote from Nijuu to Scum Rock because I'm not letting her get away for another phase. After Sloonei died I was all set to go after Blooper but upon further examination it may have been a framejob considering Sloonei's case against her.
Neat! :biggrin:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Cobalt wrote:Wow, that was abrasive, lmao. All in good fun, Blooper. Just my own brand of dragging, GTF style.
:haha: It took me so long to respond to that post because I was laughing so hard. I like you.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:Yeah, it's definitely been a clear part of Cobalt's style.

I could see myself shifting my vote to Black Rock, but for now I like it on Cobalt.

SVS, let me provide you with a brief synopsis. Bound to miss stuff, because it's just my own perspective but hopefully it helps you.

Mafia one had Sig and G-Man. They also tried and failed to kill Sloonei, and successfully killed epi 1.0 and FZ.

Mafia two had Long Con. They tried to kill me and bass and successfully killed sloonei. They also had a missing (possibly blocked) kill where we don't know the identity of the potential victim or even if a NK was sent in.

G-Man was caught because TGG subbed out after epi was allowed to sub back in. I have raised the question as to whether or not he was upset about epi subbing in because epi was on to one of his teammates, but this hasn't been resolved yet.

The people around currently who seem to have the most people suspicious of them are Cobalt, BR, Ninja and nutella, so they might be good places to form opinions to begin with.

TH didn't particularly have any heat that I can think of, so you probably have a bit of time to catch up.
Thanks, Golden. To your eyes, why was Sloonei so high profile? I am in for the night, and plan to start reading back some. I was going to start with suspects, but perhaps I will start with Sloonei.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Nobody's taking to my ninja case, i worked so hard on that thing :(
I just don't think its a case for today, but it's still an important one.
Are you still feeling this way?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

I would vote nijuu. She's probably bad. I'll tell anyone why if that person asks politely.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@SVS - I think Sloonei was a target because he was a virtual unanimous town read, who was basically a triple threat because he also obtained cred through a failed kill and he was the highest poster with posts that were actively trying to solve the game.

Oh btw everyone, sloonei being nked my mafia 2 also ends the 'sloonei was corrupted' theory, i reckon.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epi, would you please tell me why you think ninja is bad.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:I would vote nijuu. She's probably bad. I'll tell anyone why if that person asks politely.
Why, I would love to hear your reasoning, Epi :) Could you please tell me about it?
Golden wrote:Epi, would you please tell me why you think ninja is bad.
You no longer think Slooneis theory is an important one?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Doh, you were politely asking too lolololol
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Lol SVS, that was pretty funny!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

As soon as I read the post with the quotes, I was like :derp:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Dom »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Dom wrote:DRAGON D. LUFFY IS REPLACING BULLZEYE

SVS IS REPLACING TURNIP HEAD

NEITHER ARE LYNCHABLE TODAY
What? No, I'm not.

You didn't even ask me about this.
I am sorry, DDL-- I completely screwed that up in my sleepy stupor.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:lol, i'll ask dom if he meant me instead of DDL. i don't have a role card
Yes. You will get the appropriate message.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Allow me to pull the proper quotations after my program. Then you will have it.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

hey gang. i'm a real boy now, replacing Bullzeye.

general question for all y'all who care to aid a replacer in need:

what are the most important details of the game so far and the current climate of the game that i must know to adequately grasp what's going on?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

This won't mean much to most of you, but it's why I think nijuu is bad.
nijuukyugou wrote:
FZ. wrote: Epig is a mystery. I don't think anyone can deny he's posting less than he did on day 1. He wanted LC out, but what I want to check later is, did he continue going after him strongly when he came back. If it was as strong, I think he can't be from his team, though it's possible, but if he subtly backed off without making it too obvious, it's possible. I think I recall he voted for G-man both days, and when I asked him what he would do, he said he doesn't want a tie. That made me feel better about him, because I think I know what his role was before. But the point is he didn't vote for LC but G-man. As for the other team, his exchange with G-man seems genuine, so I doubt he's on that team. Maybe he's an independent who doesn't care as much who wins and is laying low to not get NK again.
^^ This. I felt good about Epi 1.0 (which I suppose I should never feel), but have been feeling less so with 2.0, especially since he stopped gunning for LC so hard and didn't even vote him. Although he's never quite quiet, he's certainly quieter in his second incarnation, quieter than I'm used to (but then again, I'm also used to his hosting, so).
nijuukyugou wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Epignosis wrote:It should be clear that I support a Long Con or Cobalt lynch too, but I have only one vote.
Indeed, sir - I remember this post of yours. However, the point is you chose to vote G-Man in the end.
And what does that indicate to you?
That you were less willing to vote LC the second time around when he was actually up for a lynch (after your first incarnation had died), which was odd, given how hard you went after him Day 1. Could be indicative of a team/alignment change.
I gave her an opportunity to speak one way or the other about me. To say what she thought. Instead, she reiterated possibilities. "Could be indicative of."

That's mincing words.

That's equivocation.

That's what Mafia do.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

another question to anyone who can answer:

has any living player here played with Cobalt prior to this game? i have some surface observations about his approach to mafia relevant to reading his alignment, but i would prefer the benefit of this insight before sharing.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:hey gang. i'm a real boy now, replacing Bullzeye.

general question for all y'all who care to aid a replacer in need:

what are the most important details of the game so far and the current climate of the game that i must know to adequately grasp what's going on?
S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:Yeah, it's definitely been a clear part of Cobalt's style.

Thanks, Golden. To your eyes, why was Sloonei so high profile? I am in for the night, and plan to start reading back some. I was going to start with suspects, but perhaps I will start with Sloonei.

Also, the biggest thing is probably the existence of two mafia teams, negating somewhat the likelihood of there being any players in the game who are not actively hunting for mafia to at least some extent.

You've also missed some PMs from the host (probably) that some of us have got that helps with figuring out some roles. For instance, we know that Long Con (wildhorn) had two possible opportunities to 'corrupt' someone before he was lynched. But we don't know what corruption looks like, or if it occurred, for sure.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

i have followed along sporadically, mostly to root on Sloonei for playing such a killer game. but there are still a lot of little nuggets i am sure i missed, and with that said i can't offer many immediate thoughts on what is going on. so instead of trying to provide reads on people right now, i am going to make an effort to make it easier for people to get a read on me. i see Bullzeye near the center of most people's rainbows, and i think the best thing i can do is get out of the neutral pile.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Black Rock »

Cobalt wrote:If you don't lynch Black Rock and Nijuu after I flip civ, I will personally come back to haunt you.

How does your alignment have anything to do with mine?
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

also, FYI: from the 9th througgh the 14th i'll be on a trip to Norway. i'll still be able to play the game while i'm there, but please don't expect me to post at the torrent rate seen in Economics.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Black Rock, you seem to be heavily suspected right now. so i'm going to ask you to explain what the case against you has been to this point. if time permits you can also explain why the case is incorrect, but that's less important to me at the moment.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Black Rock »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Black Rock, you seem to be heavily suspected right now. so i'm going to ask you to explain what the case against you has been to this point. if time permits you can also explain why the case is incorrect, but that's less important to me at the moment.

Wouldn't that be just as important?
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Black Rock wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Black Rock, you seem to be heavily suspected right now. so i'm going to ask you to explain what the case against you has been to this point. if time permits you can also explain why the case is incorrect, but that's less important to me at the moment.

Wouldn't that be just as important?
it would be if i'd stated an intention to vote for you. right now though i am not remotely inclined to vote for anybody. so i am choosing an angle from which to approach this challenging position and running with it. starting with you describing to me why other people think you are bad.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

could anyone please let me know which players are dead right now? i don't think the OP reflects all of them yet.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:could anyone please let me know which players are dead right now? i don't think the OP reflects all of them yet.
Yikes. I'll get on that.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

'ppreciate it, Dom. :)

don't mean to be a complainer or 'nothing. i'm sure you're busy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: [Day 0] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:Player List:

Dead:
SVS - lynched Day 1 - Oscar Hammerstein II
Epignosis - killed Night 1
sig - Lynched Day 3 - Starlight Express
Long Con - Lynched Day 4 - Frank Wildhorn
Golden said FZ was NKed & G-Man lynched, and Sloonei just died today. I think that that is it.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I think I got it all.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

One more thing for SVS and JJ...

Lynch votes have been alternating each day between changeable and non-changeable. It says at the top of the poll each day which one applies.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

is there significant evidence against Cobalt, or has he drawn the ire of players primarily because of his abrasive style?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:is there significant evidence against Cobalt, or has he drawn the ire of players primarily because of his abrasive style?
My evidence is this - apologies for it being slightly long winded.

TGG quit the game after epi subbed in for MP. After some time, some thinking, and some reading of posts by TGG in other places, I came to the view that the reason TGG quit was not entirely because of internet issues (as he claimed in the thread). Rather, I thought that at least part of the reason for his quit was because he was in the team that killed epi, and was upset that he had been allowed to sub back in.

This led me to suggest G-Man (TGG's replacement) was on team 1, which when he was lynched proved to be correct.

Epi's first two posts after subbing back in, and just before TGG quit, were to say 'I know who killed me' and 'my suspicions haven't changed'. This led me to believe that epi was killed because he was on to one of mafia team 1 on day one, and TGG was specifically upset because they had killed him to get rid of a threat.

So then the question becomes, who was TGG's teammate that they killed epi to protect? SVS was indy, LC on team 2. If you were to reread epi's posts from day one, something I do suggest you do, I'd be interested to know if you come up with cobalt as I have.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Epignosis wrote:This won't mean much to most of you, but it's why I think nijuu is bad.
nijuukyugou wrote:
FZ. wrote: Epig is a mystery. I don't think anyone can deny he's posting less than he did on day 1. He wanted LC out, but what I want to check later is, did he continue going after him strongly when he came back. If it was as strong, I think he can't be from his team, though it's possible, but if he subtly backed off without making it too obvious, it's possible. I think I recall he voted for G-man both days, and when I asked him what he would do, he said he doesn't want a tie. That made me feel better about him, because I think I know what his role was before. But the point is he didn't vote for LC but G-man. As for the other team, his exchange with G-man seems genuine, so I doubt he's on that team. Maybe he's an independent who doesn't care as much who wins and is laying low to not get NK again.
^^ This. I felt good about Epi 1.0 (which I suppose I should never feel), but have been feeling less so with 2.0, especially since he stopped gunning for LC so hard and didn't even vote him. Although he's never quite quiet, he's certainly quieter in his second incarnation, quieter than I'm used to (but then again, I'm also used to his hosting, so).
nijuukyugou wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Epignosis wrote:It should be clear that I support a Long Con or Cobalt lynch too, but I have only one vote.
Indeed, sir - I remember this post of yours. However, the point is you chose to vote G-Man in the end.
And what does that indicate to you?
That you were less willing to vote LC the second time around when he was actually up for a lynch (after your first incarnation had died), which was odd, given how hard you went after him Day 1. Could be indicative of a team/alignment change.
I gave her an opportunity to speak one way or the other about me. To say what she thought. Instead, she reiterated possibilities. "Could be indicative of."

That's mincing words.

That's equivocation.

That's what Mafia do.
:faint: Well hot damn, you caught me!

I expressed suspicion of you because of your G-Man vote and your change of behavior from first to second incarnation. You quoted yourself, then asked questions about yourself like I was a kid in a classroom. You asked me a specific question about "what it ["it" being your G-Man vote] indicated." I reflected your language and tone because I felt like we were having a damned Socratic seminar. You can pick apart the semantics of my phrasing all you want to, but my message with all of those posts (not just the last one) was clear to anyone with a brain: your behavior 2.0 made me suspicious, and your G-Man vote could (yes, could, because nothing is completely certain about anything in mafia) be indicative of an alignment change. You could be bad in your second incarnation, and apparently I need to spell it out that I think this is the case, bad boy.

Now, with that being said, I will cast my vote for Cobalt today because despite my spiel above, he's still my strongest suspect. However, I am also okay with an Epi or BR vote. I'm not okay with a me vote.

Linki @JJJ - Cobalt had some pretty shady behavior earlier in the game coupled with the attitude. I made a case a while ago when it was real hot and others have added other thoughts, but he's been largely avoided due to a period of inactivity mid-game Cobalt had and the fact that he survived a lynch.
Linki linki - What Golden said, too :)
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Also TinyBubbles was lynched... she's on the death list but she's also still on the alive list and on the poll...
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by timmer »

Time to catch up in this game.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

And, sorry, but it's Day 7, right?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I feel it is a good time to reiterate my case against Black Rock:
timmer wrote:I've just reread Black Rock, and I'm not liking what I read.

No listed Day 1 vote.

Night 1 posted this:

"I think Golden brought up Hedgeowl and I do what to look more into what he was saying there and where it went from there. I will be looking more seriously at Cobalt and I will read LC. I also want to look an nutella and TH. nutella because some of her earlier day 1 posts seemed too agreeable and TH because."

That's a big Night 1 net to cast. I note not only the number of people she listed, but the wording difference between Cobalt and Long Con. "will read Long Con" vs "looking more seriously at Cobalt". The LC comment feels passive, secondary.

Also night 1: "I have no real suspicion of LC."

And also: "I have some suspicion of Cobalt, he is new to me but he seems to be basing his LC suspicion on a different game and some things he says seem off. I'm watching Bass as well."

So we've got Cobalt, Long Con, Nutella, Turnip Head And Bass, all night 1 to be watched.

Day 2: "I'm voting Bass now. I am certain he is bad."

Also: "When you are asking me about Bass have you taken the time to read his posts. Particularly when he does and doesn't mention LC and the context. If you notice he asks Epig a few questions abput LC on day 0 and doesn't again bring him up until night 1. Then he comes in and gives some vague suspicion about vibes and doesn't follow through on anything. From there it only gets worse. His thoughts are the threads thoughts. He's hiding behind everyone elses ideas. The more I read his posts the more certain I am."

Some minor comments about TH.

So Day 2 there is NO talk about Long Con (except for once indirectly, referring to how Bass mentions him). NO talk about Cobalt. NO talk of Nutella. Mild talk of TH, much of it banter. And then full on CERTAINTY about Bass.

So we went from five names to 2, and really just 1.

I'LL PUT THIS IN CAPS FOR EFFECT. THIS WAS THE DAY COBALT GOT ALL OF THE VOTES AND TRIED TO APPARENTLY LYNCH LONG CON. BR said she would look into them, the Cobalt/Long Con shitstorm a-brewed, and she never mentioned any of it.

Day 3: "Just did a huge catch up. Why is TH so forgettable this game. I can't think of any of his opinions." Starts right into another of her listed suspicions that no one is really on, note that TH is absent from the game clearly already at this point.

Nutella mentions sig looking bad. BR: "I missed that, I didn't read the green text. Switching my vote now." Never mentioned sig before this point, but just jumps right on there.

Later same day when listing her suspicions to Golden: "I have several people on my not so naughty list. I haven't seen a reason to mention them because I don't suspect them. I do however believe Gman should be lynched, as well as Bass. I think Gman should probably go first. I however don't believe LC killed Epignosis. It's not his style. I have been trying to stay out of the whole LC thing though. I want to hear enough out of TH to believe him to be good. (I know you technically didn't want to hear about TH and Bass but I don't want them to think I forgot about them.) I'm not seeing what FZ is seeing in Splints. Not sure what to make of you yet Golden. I always lean civ so I have put you in neutral to be on the safe side. I am a personal reader so these newer guys to me :shrug:"

Look at how many people she's mentioned in there, but doesn't even bother to mention sig who she just jumped on? Also, that's another defence of LC.

Later: "I don't think LC was in on shenanigans with Cobalt. I read it as genuine frustration on both their parts." Another defence of LC.

BR voted sig. So here we had a day where she jumped on an easy bandwagon without hardly any thought. Supported Long Con. And still talked about the absent TH and Bass and now G-Man who was already clearly imploding.

Day 4: states right away she is voting G-Man. REMEMBER THIS LYNCH WAS BETWEEN LONG CON AND G-MAN.

Spends the day picking little fights with MM and FZ. Still lists Bass as her main suspect.

"MM, mostly I want to lynch Gman and Bass in that order. That will give TH plenty of time to come back and explain his absence and non-involvement." Not really mentioning Long Con at all.

Day 5: easy peasy voted for G-Man. We all did.

Day 6 has begun with BR making a sort of comment about TinyBubbles maybe being suspicious.

I encourage people to read her posts. I strongly believe BR is bad. She's barely mentioned the baddies who were lynched while they were alive except to defend them. Except for G-Man who was too obvious, but even there, he made a nice way to try to defend Long Con.

I believe BR is bad and she will get my vote today, most likely. Sorry for the length of the post.
Since I made this case, Tiny Bubbles was lynched. Look at the poll results. (People with no votes omitted)

Black Rock
timmer (2), Cobalt (4), DFaraday (10) 20%
Bullzeye
Bullzeye (8) 7%
Cobalt
Metalmarsh89 (3), Epignosis (15) 13%

nijuukyugou
Sloonei (9) 7%
Nutella
TinyBubbles (14) 7%

TinyBubbles
Canucklehead (6), Scotty (7), Golden (11), nutella (12), nijuukyugou (13) 33%

Black Rock was likely saved by the late push against TinyBubbles, so when she flips bad, and I'm pretty close to certain she will, her teammates will be found among Golden, nutella or nijuu. I'm going to have to read up on them, but that can wait until BR is lynched.

Also, the new push against Cobalt just reeks. I'm not touching it. It's yet another attempt to make a weak case against someone for meta-reasons "abrasive, cocky" etc. to save Black Rock.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Add Epignosis to the list of possible teammates based on his Cobalt vote, but I'll consider that a lesser chance for now.

And today, Black Rock promised to address the points I made against her, and has posted twice since but neither time did she address my points like she said she would. Instead, she is attacking cobalt, the easiest choice for her to try to remain out of the limelight today.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

In fact, I will take things one step further.

Day 1 Golden moved his vote at the last possible second, just as Long Con did, to SVS. Those two votes, made in the LAST MINUTE, swayed that lynch off of Long Con.

Day 2 Golden voted for Black Rock, but only after Cobalt was at 7 votes already.

Day 3 Golden jumped on the sig train.

Day 4 Golden did not vote for Long Con.

Day 5 Golden started the obvious G-Man train.

Day 6 Golden jumped on the Tiny Bubbles lynch, saving Black Rock.

Day 7 Golden has now voted for Cobalt, today's easy choice for lynch.

Quotes from Golden, regarding Black Rock:

"I could see myself shifting my vote to Black Rock, but for now I like it on Cobalt."

"I'm going to vote bubbles, because the way she flips could help me figure out how I feel about cobalt. But I really don't mind if its BR, either way works."

"Cobalt - I agree BR is bad and I don't mind if she ends up being lynched. I say this mostly for your benefit."

"Right now, my preferences for lynch would be in this order (for purposes of where this leaves ninja in my thinking)

1) Cobalt
2) BR
3) bubbles
4) ninja"

"Yeah, you are seeing what I'm seeing on BR timmer, I'm glad someone else sees it."

In short (too late), Golden talks up BR being bad, but too often ends up voting someone else.

Black Rock is bad, Golden is her teamie. It's right there.
My siggie.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by fingersplints »

Timmer, I think those are some great points, but I'd like to make sure BR is bad before deciding if Golden is her teammate. I'm interested to hear his responses. I know BR is busy, but she really isn't even trying to defend herself.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:another question to anyone who can answer:

has any living player here played with Cobalt prior to this game? i have some surface observations about his approach to mafia relevant to reading his alignment, but i would prefer the benefit of this insight before sharing.
I have played with him once before on jtm.
Gro-oo-ovy
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Timmer, so we are back to the theory that I tried to night kill myself and had a protection, that I faked the entire massive argument with Long Con and invented him as G-Man's teamie to make myself look better, only to have him flip as my own teammate, etc...

You have to think I've gone to pretty extreme lengths for that idea to check out.

Not only that, but I have thought BR is bad the ENTIRE GAME since long before you have.

What you have is me having a long baddie list:

sig was on it
G-Man was on it
cobalt was on it
LC was on it
bubbles was on it
BR was on it...

I'm just working my way through them. I can't lynch them all at once, but I absolutely guarantee you I'm on board for a BR lynch, and I do not care if it happens today or if cobalt happens today, as I've been saying for a really long time. There is pretty much no way I am or was ever going to deviate from this list until every one of them was dead - the one diverging point was if cobalt had been right about bubbles being on team one, then I would have thought better about him.

As soon as bubbles made a legacy post, I regretted not voting for BR instead, but votes weren't changeable yesterday, so that is what it is.

So honestly - think that one through, and come back to it, and tell me exactly where I am protecting BR as opposed to just working through my lynch list methodically and being completely consistent about who is on it.
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Neverwhere »

Apologies for my lengthy absence. I am back.

Doesn't surprise me Sloonei was killed, but I also doubt that he was converted to mafia. He was perceived as too high profile good guy to have mafia convert him imo. It would have been the obvious thing to do. Too obvious.

Give me some time to work out who's not dead yet :)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

timmer wrote:In short (too late), Golden talks up BR being bad, but too often ends up voting someone else.
Too late????

This is about the fifth post in which I expressed my suspicion of BR, including having voted for her, on DAY TWO
Golden wrote:So, I don't have a whole lot of recent games to go on, BR, where you have been civ, so I picked one that I know you were civ in. Roger Rabbit.

On day one, you expressed:

Suspicion of: MM, zombs, aces
An unwillingness to vote/civvie vibes from: rabbit, golden, juliet
Other acknowledgement of: LC, MP

And you even mentioned 'everyone else'.

Look at this post form day one in that game:
Black Rock wrote:I'm really having a hard time with this lynch. Plus my sister calls me like 5 mins ago to talk, I had to tell her I have Mafia to vote in. She thinks I'm a little crazy but got off the phone.

Ok, here's a start of a list.
MM - I feel like he was called out on the self vote and then people came to his rescue. I liked LC's point but wasn't completely sold. MP points out he's done it a lot recently, MM then proves he hasn't. To me that just adds to what LC said and he was a baddie in film that self-voted and could be playing the same safe tactic. Who knows. I'm not likely to vote for him at this point because it looks awfully like a bandwagon, which makes me think he's civ.

Juliets has been a little flip floppy but she still sounds like the charming civ she always does.

Zombie girl does seem a little different in this game and maybe she is struggling with being a baddie. I know I did my first.

I am going to go back and read Goldens case on Aces, I know them both well and maybe I can see something there. The first time I tried to read it my sister called.

I think every one else I have nothing to say about or look civvie. Except for Rabbit who is evil either way. :slick:

Stop posting, I'm running out of time here.
And this one from night one:
Black Rock wrote:Ugh! I hate doing this but Rabbit you are making a mountain of a mole hill and painting your own scene. Maybe I just read the thread differently than you but you are putting way too much credit on LC. His original post towards MM was HOURS before the vote was up. It was a singular that he had left alone. Yet you give him all the credit because a bunch of people took it as an easy way out?

MM Voters.

Metalmarsh89 - self voted, caused the suspicion
AceofSpaces - the baddie
juliets - seemed shifty this day period, one to watch
Bass_the_Clever - Came in and took an easy way out quoting LC
nijuukyugou - I can't remember anything about her at this point.
Zomberella12 - Thinks aces is an asset (she's new)
Long Con - The original one to call MM on the self vote, imo the most valid vote here
Canucklehead - The last vote on Aces, one of the more suspect to me at this point.

Voter suspects in general.
MP - Decided to vote off after MM had quite a lead
Rabbit - Decided to stay away from the two top vote getters at an important time when his vote could have mattered
Splints - decided to go after Zomba, with the 11th vote tied her with aces. Possibly trying to give voters another option

My list would be as follows at this moment:
1) MP
2) Bass
3) Rabbit
4) Splints
5)Juliets/Canuck I put these two on the same line because I feel sameish about them.

By no means does Aces turning up baddie make MM civvie by default. I don't suspect him at this point but there is still a possibility for now.

Linki Rabbit: It was not the deciding vote. Even if in your opinion it was. By possible votes after it could have changed. Even you could have changed your mind. Canucks vote is the vote that made it impossible for Aces to be in the lead.
So - don't go saying I'm full of shit that you give content as a civ early in the game.
And I pressed it, and I pressed it. I've asked BR for an answer to this about three or four different times in the game. Never have I got one. And no-one else was ever picking up on the case, you can't lynch someone by yourself. So, I lynched more high profile candidates. When you finally caught up on day SIX...
timmer wrote:I've just reread Black Rock, and I'm not liking what I read.

No listed Day 1 vote.

Night 1 posted this:

"I think Golden brought up Hedgeowl and I do what to look more into what he was saying there and where it went from there. I will be looking more seriously at Cobalt and I will read LC. I also want to look an nutella and TH. nutella because some of her earlier day 1 posts seemed too agreeable and TH because."

That's a big Night 1 net to cast. I note not only the number of people she listed, but the wording difference between Cobalt and Long Con. "will read Long Con" vs "looking more seriously at Cobalt". The LC comment feels passive, secondary.

Also night 1: "I have no real suspicion of LC."

And also: "I have some suspicion of Cobalt, he is new to me but he seems to be basing his LC suspicion on a different game and some things he says seem off. I'm watching Bass as well."

So we've got Cobalt, Long Con, Nutella, Turnip Head And Bass, all night 1 to be watched.

Day 2: "I'm voting Bass now. I am certain he is bad."

Also: "When you are asking me about Bass have you taken the time to read his posts. Particularly when he does and doesn't mention LC and the context. If you notice he asks Epig a few questions abput LC on day 0 and doesn't again bring him up until night 1. Then he comes in and gives some vague suspicion about vibes and doesn't follow through on anything. From there it only gets worse. His thoughts are the threads thoughts. He's hiding behind everyone elses ideas. The more I read his posts the more certain I am."

Some minor comments about TH.

So Day 2 there is NO talk about Long Con (except for once indirectly, referring to how Bass mentions him). NO talk about Cobalt. NO talk of Nutella. Mild talk of TH, much of it banter. And then full on CERTAINTY about Bass.

So we went from five names to 2, and really just 1.

I'LL PUT THIS IN CAPS FOR EFFECT. THIS WAS THE DAY COBALT GOT ALL OF THE VOTES AND TRIED TO APPARENTLY LYNCH LONG CON. BR said she would look into them, the Cobalt/Long Con shitstorm a-brewed, and she never mentioned any of it.

Day 3: "Just did a huge catch up. Why is TH so forgettable this game. I can't think of any of his opinions." Starts right into another of her listed suspicions that no one is really on, note that TH is absent from the game clearly already at this point.

Nutella mentions sig looking bad. BR: "I missed that, I didn't read the green text. Switching my vote now." Never mentioned sig before this point, but just jumps right on there.

Later same day when listing her suspicions to Golden: "I have several people on my not so naughty list. I haven't seen a reason to mention them because I don't suspect them. I do however believe Gman should be lynched, as well as Bass. I think Gman should probably go first. I however don't believe LC killed Epignosis. It's not his style. I have been trying to stay out of the whole LC thing though. I want to hear enough out of TH to believe him to be good. (I know you technically didn't want to hear about TH and Bass but I don't want them to think I forgot about them.) I'm not seeing what FZ is seeing in Splints. Not sure what to make of you yet Golden. I always lean civ so I have put you in neutral to be on the safe side. I am a personal reader so these newer guys to me :shrug:"

Look at how many people she's mentioned in there, but doesn't even bother to mention sig who she just jumped on? Also, that's another defence of LC.

Later: "I don't think LC was in on shenanigans with Cobalt. I read it as genuine frustration on both their parts." Another defence of LC.

BR voted sig. So here we had a day where she jumped on an easy bandwagon without hardly any thought. Supported Long Con. And still talked about the absent TH and Bass and now G-Man who was already clearly imploding.

Day 4: states right away she is voting G-Man. REMEMBER THIS LYNCH WAS BETWEEN LONG CON AND G-MAN.

Spends the day picking little fights with MM and FZ. Still lists Bass as her main suspect.

"MM, mostly I want to lynch Gman and Bass in that order. That will give TH plenty of time to come back and explain his absence and non-involvement." Not really mentioning Long Con at all.

Day 5: easy peasy voted for G-Man. We all did.

Day 6 has begun with BR making a sort of comment about TinyBubbles maybe being suspicious.

I encourage people to read her posts. I strongly believe BR is bad. She's barely mentioned the baddies who were lynched while they were alive except to defend them. Except for G-Man who was too obvious, but even there, he made a nice way to try to defend Long Con.

I believe BR is bad and she will get my vote today, most likely. Sorry for the length of the post.
Then I immediately said this:
Golden wrote:Yeah, you are seeing what I'm seeing on BR timmer, I'm glad someone else sees it.
Because I had been banging on about Black Rock for two real time weeks before anyone else picked up on it.

So before you go saying I'm her teammate, how about you actually read my full post history and think about what has happened in the game, eh, instead of just looking at my vote patterns and picking out a handful of recent quotes - every single one of them, by the way, reiterating my suspicion of BR because I never wanted it to get lost or be forgotten about despite the fact noone else would run with it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

This is me when I read Timmer's case...

:faint:

Because I have never in my entire mafia career seen a case that shocked me more than that one. You'd have to completely ignore things like how upset Long Con quite obviously was at me etc... you should read the start of that exchange again and how it escalated. I honestly don't know how you could possibly arrive at that conclusion.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh, one last thing I just remembered Timmer...

I actually did initially die due to a host error. Do you really think Dom forgets I survived if he knew it was part of a baddie plot? Go back and read that bit of the game.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:Oh, one last thing I just remembered Timmer...

I actually did initially die due to a host error. Do you really think Dom forgets I survived if he knew it was part of a baddie plot? Go back and read that bit of the game.
I would agree with you. I don't see how you could be on that mafia team.

But Cobalt, yes.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I don't think I will be voting for you, Golden. I think people talk about baddies faux NKing themselves more than it ever really happens. Plus I have been BTS with LC quite a bit over the years, and I don't ever recall him setting up fake scenes in the thread. It could be that that has changed, last game I played with him he totally pulled the wool on me, but staged fights does not seem like his thing, or yours either for that matter, but I don't have the experience there as much as I do with LC. Although I must say I am rather curious about why you keep back burnering Ninjabloop.

I reread Cobalt last night. He is abrasive, and (I want to keep saying "she" becasue of the avatar) I will discuss content later if need be, but gotta go to work soonish. Cobalt would be an easy lynch in his first game here (or one of the first, not sure if he played here in a game I did not play?) due to tone. We tend to like a more moderate, tone and I know quite a few people (and I am at the head of that line, or am jostling for position as first with Juliets) who read abrasive as baddie. I once heard Juliets say something like, "Civvies don't need to be rude" and I kind of feel that way too. I tried playing a recent game at another forum, and the tone (which was the norm for them) chased me right the fuck out of there, lol. Permanently. I am fairly sure Cobalt played that game. But that is how they play, it may not be the thing for me, but it IS the thing for them.

I am trying to rely a bit less on tone, especially with all the people from different cultures; it is a big part of what went wrong for SVS1.0.

My point is that I am worried we are going to lynch someone based on tone more than anything. That tone is normal for Cobalt, so I will try to ignore it and his shock schtick. So removing the hyperbole type comments (which is also something *this* crowd tends to read as baddie) I find him fairly middle of the road opinion wise; nothing that really raised my brow much. I am not seeing what is so alarming about him, tbh.

Linki @MM~ can you explain your thought process to me re Cobalt? Not links, words. :noble:

And off to work

Return to “Previous Jobs”