Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 4 - Too Slow

Post by Sloonei »

juliets, who should I shoot?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 555

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Quin, please describe what led to your decision to protect Silver Lantern on Night 1.
I didn't have many town reads, but he was one of them. Read my posts as an answer to the follow-up I know you're dying to ask me.
What is your read on Jack?
I am voting for him.
Why?
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... 6&sr=posts
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Quin, please describe what led to your decision to protect Silver Lantern on Night 1.
I didn't have many town reads, but he was one of them. Read my posts as an answer to the follow-up I know you're dying to ask me.
I am voting for him.
Why?
Summarize it for me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Now feels like an appropriate time to ask for GTH reads.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
I am voting for him.
Why?
Summarize it for me.
Im busy.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It doesn't have to be an in depth summary.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 733
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jack:

You knew I was a tracker before anyone else. You had the unique advantage of seeing what I did with Quin on Day 1 alongside my poking of you, and you drew the correct conclusion:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:You guys are so paranoid.

JJJ, my night went great. If you're town, hope that helps.

See how easy that was?

Maybe I'm lying. Maybe that's not useful to JJJ.

Maybe JJJ is a townie reverse tracker and I say I think someone as targeted me and we have a run at them.

Maybe there are things beyond roleblicking that can happen to a guy and a thumbs up or thumbs down won't be the same as claiming info gatherer.

Maybe JJJ is scum pretending to be a tracker or town just throwing up smoke. Maybe when he has to claim later, this exchange saves or sinks him.

I can dismiss most of these maybes but this is the way Realms meta sees it. It's one place I think our meta is strong, even if "How was your night" usually doesn't effect the game.

That said, Realms meta setups looooove trackers and reverse trackers. I'm a big fan of the former.
Despite this unique insight you had into my role, which I freely allowed you, you still suspected me heavily on Days 2 and 3 prior to nutella revealing me as innocent. Why?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Quin wrote:Jack cares more about arguing why my decision was stupid than he does about arguing why it was a scum move.
A total misrepresentation.

Either you're town and made a mistake or you're scum and told a lie.

You said it yourself that you came in planning to claim doctor. Then, when pressured a bit by one person, you claimed doctor. Now you say it was done badly?

I think it is more likely to wanted to claim doctor because you are scum and you thought it would make you look good.

You've been inconsistent in your claim (was it planned or a response to pressure? It has something to do with your read on Nut so that you could accuse me of fishing and tell JJJ to back off...but you can't remember what?).

I'm not focused on you being stupid. I don't think you're stupid. I think you're bad.

@Jimmy

I'm not going to discuss my role further. You can speculate if you like but I'm afraid my input will give things away, which I do not think is in the town's best interest.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Quin wrote:Jack cares more about arguing why my decision was stupid than he does about arguing why it was a scum move.

You said it yourself that you came in planning to claim doctor. Then, when pressured a bit by one person, you claimed doctor. Now you say it was done badly?

I think it is more likely to wanted to claim doctor because you are scum and you thought it would make you look good.

You've been inconsistent in your claim (was it planned or a response to pressure? It has something to do with your read on Nut so that you could accuse me of fishing and tell JJJ to back off...but you can't remember what?).

I'm not focused on you being stupid. I don't think you're stupid. I think you're bad.

@Jimmy

I'm not going to discuss my role further. You can speculate if you like but I'm afraid my input will give things away, which I do not think is in the town's best interest.
I literally just said the opposite of this.

Claiming doctor is a stupid role to fake claim.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:Claiming doctor is a stupid role to fake claim.
Why?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@Jimmy

What inspired you to suggest those 5 specific roles earlier?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin and Jack:

What do you think about the prospects of this being a town/town drama?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Why?
I'm done playing 20 questions.

linki: Very low.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't envy those who must endure question hell from Sloonei and I simultaneously. :haha:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Why?

You know I'm only trying to work this out for the best, right? What's the harm in helping me do that?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin & Jack, I'd like to see some Gun To Head reads from both of you. Whenever you can get to it, but the sooner the better. *casually waves gun around*
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Why?

You know I'm only trying to work this out for the best, right? What's the harm in helping me do that?
I've been the focus of conversation for the past 24 hours. My claim was literally an attempt to get people to move on. The fact that I've now set myself up for a night kill and I'm still the center of attention is pissing me off to no end. At this rate you're going to talk about nothing but me until EoD, lynch a civ, and then another tonight, and just basically waste a day.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Why?

I've been the focus of conversation for the past 24 hours. My claim was literally an attempt to get people to move on. The fact that I've now set myself up for a night kill and I'm still the center of attention is pissing me off to no end. At this rate you're going to talk about nothing but me until EoD, lynch a civ, and then another tonight, and just basically waste a day.
Someone's definitely getting shot before the lynch.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Why?

Someone's definitely getting shot before the lynch.
Oh, goodie.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:I've been the focus of conversation for the past 24 hours. My claim was literally an attempt to get people to move on. The fact that I've now set myself up for a night kill and I'm still the center of attention is pissing me off to no end. At this rate you're going to talk about nothing but me until EoD, lynch a civ, and then another tonight, and just basically waste a day.
You're good.

Match the earnestness, Jack. Light the spark.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei: I recommend you consider directing the crosshairs elsewhere. Soneji or Scotty come to mind.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Quin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

@Jimmy

Quin wrote:Okay.

The problem I've created for myself is that I came into this Day with information I wanted to share and did it in probably the worst way possible. I'm gonna lay it all out on the table instead because why not :sigh:

nutella should not be dead. I protected her. I protect on odd nights. From that I've concluded either I was role blocked, or the killer has a strongman role.

Was it a plan or not, Quin?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Jack:

You knew I was a tracker before anyone else. You had the unique advantage of seeing what I did with Quin on Day 1 alongside my poking of you, and you drew the correct conclusion:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:You guys are so paranoid.

JJJ, my night went great. If you're town, hope that helps.

See how easy that was?

Maybe I'm lying. Maybe that's not useful to JJJ.

Maybe JJJ is a townie reverse tracker and I say I think someone as targeted me and we have a run at them.

Maybe there are things beyond roleblicking that can happen to a guy and a thumbs up or thumbs down won't be the same as claiming info gatherer.

Maybe JJJ is scum pretending to be a tracker or town just throwing up smoke. Maybe when he has to claim later, this exchange saves or sinks him.

I can dismiss most of these maybes but this is the way Realms meta sees it. It's one place I think our meta is strong, even if "How was your night" usually doesn't effect the game.

That said, Realms meta setups looooove trackers and reverse trackers. I'm a big fan of the former.
Despite this unique insight you had into my role, which I freely allowed you, you still suspected me heavily on Days 2 and 3 prior to nutella revealing me as innocent. Why?
Cause claiming tracker doesn't make it so, same as claiming doctor or vague self confirming role.

Just about every HCRealms game has a tracker and watcher (reverse tracker). Sometimes, the scum has a tracker, too. The meta developed in such a way as to avoid outright claiming tracker (a relatively weak role) or watcher (a very strong role) but still allow for catching scum offensive roles with "How was your night?" Sometimes, townies just ask this to hear more from a player or scummers ask to try to soft claim a tracking role. But the point is, there's no fishing problem.

So without necessarily believing you were 100% town, I offered up my insight.

As for why I thought you were perhaps scum, a lot of it had to do with the Nacho kill me+Wigly tinfoil, which I hated. I also thought your defense of Dizzy on day 1 was scummy in a similar way to Speed's. That is, you focused a lot on how Dizzy had not slipped without talking about the real issue, if it was a fakeslip or fake fake slip. Yet you didn't really town read Dizzy from this, which I saw as leaving your options open, should the winds turn against Dizzy (might have just been Speedchuck who did this).

There was something on Day 2 that I didn't like but it doesn't come to mind right away. Would it be helpful to dig and try to remember? I bet I can. It just feels counterproductive to repeat reasons I used to suspect a player I now strongly think is town. Like that's only helpful for making you believe me, not in catching scum. Yet repeating what were ultimately inaccurate arguements against you...to get you to trust me? Feels unlikely. Even if it works, Sloonei might just shoot me. :p I'll put in the effort if you think it'll help, though. Advantage of being confirmed town.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

@Jimmy

Quin wrote:Okay.

The problem I've created for myself is that I came into this Day with information I wanted to share and did it in probably the worst way possible. I'm gonna lay it all out on the table instead because why not :sigh:

nutella should not be dead. I protected her. I protect on odd nights. From that I've concluded either I was role blocked, or the killer has a strongman role.

Was it a plan or not, Quin?
I have absolutely no idea how you're coming to this conclusion unless you're completely ignoring the timeline of that post.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@Jimmy

What inspired you to suggest those 5 specific roles earlier?
JJJ asked me to.

If you mean why did I suggest any roles, I did it because I didn't want to fully claim and I didn't want people getting bogged down like "could there be two docs?" etc. It's not about a conflict between my role and Quin's. That's not a power claim, either.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:I'll put in the effort if you think it'll help, though
Don't bother. Hunt. Show me your reads other than Quin.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Quin

Explain the timeline.

You said you had info you planned to give. I took that to mean "I am the doctor and I targeted Nutella." Then you said you didn't plan to claim.

So which is it?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Quin and Jack:

What do you think about the prospects of this being a town/town drama?
20% chance.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't envy those who must endure question hell from Sloonei and I simultaneously. :haha:
I'm okay with it. :p
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@Quin

Explain the timeline.

You said you had info you planned to give. I took that to mean "I am the doctor and I targeted Nutella." Then you said you didn't plan to claim.

So which is it?
Info-claiming and role-claiming is not the same thing. I said I planned to info-claim, which I did. I said that I learned there was either a roleblocker or another role out there as a result of my role use last night.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interaction of Marmot and Golden

Marmot stuff
Marmot wrote:
Golden wrote:No map for me :(

I've never been voted to get anything like that. Maybe one day. :sigh:
Come north with me. It's the only way to go.
Marmot wrote:
Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Marmot, while you're sloshed, why don't you tell us a little bit about your mafia team?
Dammit, I just did something similar in the other thread thinking I was being original :p
I can ony be dunrk in :beer: so many threads at one time.
Marmot wrote:
Golden wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:I'm not calling it a slip-up, but it is as Golden said, a series of unfortunate events. I'm just open to the possibility of it being a fictional one.
I think you have a tendency to suspect me, but here is a golden rule you can trust me to live by.

Even when bad, I lie very very rarely. I don't create fictional stories. I heavily discourage teammates from doing it as well. Why? Because all it can do is lead to you getting caught in the lie. It's just a really poor strategy. There's a reason my baddie game is relatively successful, and it's because I leave as few threads to tug on as I possibly can.

Lies are reserved for things that can create a significant game advantage (and even then, you need to feel like its a safe lie), or for fake reads.

Having said that, I do see the advantage in lying to protect others from nks, as a civilian.
Are you bad?
Marmot wrote:
Golden wrote:I've never come across an intentional fake slip before.

What did you hope to achieve with it?

I'm not really that bothered about your expectations of me. I haven't played very many closed role madness games and they still have plenty of surprises for me. I might be innovative but that doesn't mean I imagine everything that others think of. When quin posted about a slip it felt like an epiphany.

Others more familiar - is dizzy correct when he says 'fake slips' such as this are common?
I have done an intentional fake slip before.

But my goal was to get lynched. I can't say the same for Dizzy.
Marmot wrote:
Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:Jays post I don't agree with. I would make that kind of slip. It's exactly the kind of slip I would make. That's in part why it was compelling to me. I don't think you can look to objective criteria for whether it's real or fake. It needs to be judged on dizzys reactions.

Having said that, the manner of dizzys responses feels honest to me (particularly the surprise at the heat he's taken). The link is important too.
So why didn't you make a slip?
:confused: don't get what you mean.

You remember the one I made in Gentleman's Guide.
I do remember it. I bussed you for it.

I gather that you think Dizzy made a fakeslip. I also thought you were asserting you would make a fakeslip. I think I misread your post.

I can't recall ever scumslipping to be honest. I probably have, but I really can't remember an instance of doing it.
Marmot wrote:
Golden wrote:Another quick hit, though. I like Quin so far.
Get outta here. Wilgy and I have claimed him already.
Marmot wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:This is not so much a point of suspicion to me as the logic is just bugging me. You're using hindsight here.
Yeah, he said something like 'why would I draw golden's ire' as well, but he knows that I'm quite willing to say that someone who suspects me is doing so from a genuine town perspective if I think that they are. I'm a big opponent of the false 'if you come after me, you must be bad' logic, and I like to believe I don't fall into that trope.
I suspect you. :grin:
Marmot wrote:
Golden wrote:Quin, you reminded me of something I found interesting at the time. Why did no one put down the hammer on sig?

It would have been easy to justify given dizzy was essentially asking someone to. I feel like this could be noteworthy. Eg, did anyone express suspicion of sig but hold back from the hammer?

A couple of instincts at play. The first is that a civilian would have been more likely willing to drop the hammer from an optics perspective, I think, because a mafia would be more wary of standing out. Does this make sense? People with more hammer experience than I, what seems likely?
What does a hammer do aside from end the day early?
Marmot wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:@Marmot - Do you still think it was a legit slip? In which case, you should be voting me I guess? That theory is pretty much totally out of the question and I would've expected you to gain info about that also without looking at the other game. It's also not a matter of reading an entire game, it's one post in that game.

The other thing, alrlight *shrug*
Do you have more reads in this game? I know you're busy, but it would be very helpful to know where your head is at.
I dislike DrWilgy because he was a relative inactive Day 1.

I have no read on Elohcin, because there's just no content to judge. I will add a meta caveat, she tends to get more invested in a game when she is mafia. The most invested I've ever seen her was in Series of Unfortunate Events, in which we were mafia teammates.

From the more active participants, I like Golden. I also like Fredwood. I like your posts except for that one post. But I'm going to choose to read you as civilian for now. Nutella I also like.

I don't have much of an impression on the other players.
Early in the game Marmot used Golden as a sort of springboard to goof around a little bit, with some neutral or questionably-serious accusations sprinkled in the mix. The final read given though is a positive one -- he said Golden looked good. He seemed comfortable poking Golden some and getting his feet wet in this interaction, which might be of note.

Golden stuff
Golden wrote:Some notes:

I'm not going to vote for any of the syndicate first timers out of principle. This is RM culture and I believe strongly in it. Besides common courtesy, it's an acknowledgement that there's no basis on which I can rely on reads based on such little exposure to you.

I'm also not going to vote for Jay, despite the fact he's been my only real active suspicion today. This is kind of an arsey elitist thing to say, but I think he's of a lot of value to the town if I'm wrong about him, for a couple of reasons. I'd rather wait a day or two and see how things develop.

Quin, Marmot, Dizzy, Nacho and Jack all look fine to me, so I won't be voting them today.

That leaves a pool for me to think about and analyse of: inh, sig, soneji, long con, wilgy, sorsha, nutella, scotty, eloh, df, strawhenge. I'll look into as many of these as I can in the time I have.
Golden wrote:I have to have a vote that can work as my final vote done in the next eight hours, because there's no guarantee I'll be able to get back (and an absolute guarantee I won't be able to be current with the thread) for at least the rest of the phase after that point.

So, to this end, while I do a bit more of a detailed reads list, I'd really like as many people as possible to give me gth reads or, preferably, a short precis of why they think each of the following people is a good or not good choice for a vote. As things stand right now, these are the people I have any level of active suspicion on.

Jay
Eloh
Marmot
inh

(No, I'm not looking to go with 'most popular vote', but I am already having trouble keeping up with everything due to my limited time, and this will help me make sure I have in the open points in favour and against these choices).

Also @Jay - I saw you said we don't know wilgy is dead, but it looks like he is dead from OP. In any event, because of the way polling works during the day, sprit I think it's worth clarifying whether or not someone who appears dead can actually be alive, and voteable. I'd assume not.
Golden wrote:marmot - he's been scarce across the board (not just in this game) but I don't understand much of his mindset in this game yet. Reminds me a little of Dune.
Between Days 1 and 2, Golden's perspective of Marmot appears to have shifted rather sharply. On Day 1 he listed Marmot as one of the five players who looked fine to him and would not warrant a vote. On Day 2, he dropped to the bottom/orange sector of Golden's rainbow. The explanation for that placement, that Golden "doesn't understand much of his mindset in this game yet" makes me wonder why he thought Marmot looked fine before this point. The progression of the read isn't clearly visible.

~~~

Sloonei's take

Conclusion

I think there's some valid concern here to be stated about Golden. The progression of his Marmot read isn't exactly transparent, and that's a quality that I think his reads progressions tend to boast when he's a civilian. He didn't pursue the suspicion he stated on Day 2 with much fervor either. His vote went to INH that day, though I think he had to place it early before the Marmot wagon took off.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Reads beyond Quin. (Shifting from rainbow style to confidence on a scale of 1 to five style).

Jack - Town 5/5

Jimmy, Sloonei, Dizzy, Speed - Town 4/5. Already explained these.

Juliets - Town 2/5. I like her reads. Feels consistent, careful. Trying to solve. Not overly concerned about herself

Fred - Scum 2/5. He's trying but despite my prodding, he's still non committal. Makes weird assumptions like "One of these loud people must be scum" when he should know better. I mean, now with me and Quin, okay, but that was his stance awhile ago.

Scotty - Scum 1/5. Attack on me feels opportunistic. Where is he now? Blocked, then forgets his action. Okay, then.

Eloh - Town 1/5. You convinced me. Shoulda tracked her to see if someone was submitting actions for her. Too late, now. Still. Marmot/Eloh meta is not my strong point and she has no posts so weak read.

LC - Scum 3/5. Pushes to make INH look bad early but doesn't really follow up. Convenient. Says both me and Speed are bad. Gets mad when I take that to mean we must be bad together or when asked to explain how that makes any sense. Expect him to shake his head and be like "Well, Jack shouldn't have been so suspicious" when I die. Generally, I have a lot of mind meld with LC. He says things about strategy, mechanics and reads that could have come out of my mouth. At least, he did in Unfortunate Events. Hasn't happened here at all.

Sonjei? Fuck. Scum 1/5, I guess. Coasting. Taking hard stances to look honest but doesn't follow through or really scum hunt. He did this in Unfortunate Events. Was he scum there? Think so. Should double check.

Golden - Town 3/5. Feels like Mr. Poe. Feels legit. I like that he thinks I'm town. I admit that leaves me open for pocketing. Still, nothing pinging me at all. I think he's town.

Straw - Town 2/5. Like Scotty, weighs in strongly, then disappears. I feel like I've agreed with his reads more often, haven't seen opportunism and simply by POE, he's likely town.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think we should lynch outside Quin and Jack, and Sloonei's gunshot may also be better served outside them.

If either of them are telling the truth the scum would be very foolish to leave them alive. So force them to make that decision.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 213

Post by Fredwood »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Reads beyond Quin. (Shifting from rainbow style to confidence on a scale of 1 to five style).

Fred - Scum 2/5. He's trying but despite my prodding, he's still non committal. Makes weird assumptions like "One of these loud people must be scum" when he should know better. I mean, now with me and Quin, okay, but that was his stance awhile ago.
I've been very committal, I've also been very committal in my refusal to vote for you because my read on you isn't formulated. I've said like 10 times who I think we should pursue. Now you're acting like you want me to put you in the Red Zone.

Don't misrepresent my initial assessment of the situation. Plus, YEAAAAAH, it's so outlandish that that a strong player who is scum would try and plant seeds of doubt about two other strong players. Now you're just lying about the theory I stated that I admitted wasn't enough to "convict" you.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Vote Soneji

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Roller coaster of a day.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

The thing that gives Quin an advantage over Jack in my eyes is that Quin has been unafraid to get right in the middle of things all game long. He's repeatedly thrust himself into the spotlight and been comfortable there. Jackofhearts has been around, but I can't say that he's been as directly involved in as many things as Quin.

I also have begun to feel increasingly good that at least one of Long Con and Juliets is bad, and I've seen no reason why they can't both be. The radio silence across the board (from everyone, not just those two) since shortly after I exposed my gun has been intriguing. We've had a lot of names lurking at the bottom of the page and most of them are silent. Speak up, anyone!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 253
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote:The thing that gives Quin an advantage over Jack in my eyes is that Quin has been unafraid to get right in the middle of things all game long. He's repeatedly thrust himself into the spotlight and been comfortable there. Jackofhearts has been around, but I can't say that he's been as directly involved in as many things as Quin.

I also have begun to feel increasingly good that at least one of Long Con and Juliets is bad, and I've seen no reason why they can't both be. The radio silence across the board (from everyone, not just those two) since shortly after I exposed my gun has been intriguing. We've had a lot of names lurking at the bottom of the page and most of them are silent. Speak up, anyone!
I am here. I am listening to what everyone has to say and will have revised reads in the morning.

I also want to ask what the probability is that there is are two doctor roles.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:The thing that gives Quin an advantage over Jack in my eyes is that Quin has been unafraid to get right in the middle of things all game long. He's repeatedly thrust himself into the spotlight and been comfortable there. Jackofhearts has been around, but I can't say that he's been as directly involved in as many things as Quin.
I think this is a positive for both of them, and it's supported by the post count chart. I think Quin's perspectives have generally seemed more organic (I've gotten a few vibes that Jack is following thread trends as much as developing personal reads), but I think they've both been heavily involved in most relevant dialogues.

You should do an ISO on juliets if time permits. Your suspicion of her is pretty vague.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I think this is a positive for both of them, and it's supported by the post count chart. I think Quin's perspectives have generally seemed more organic (I've gotten a few vibes that Jack is following thread trends as much as developing personal reads), but I think they've both been heavily involved in most relevant dialogues.

You should do an ISO on juliets if time permits. Your suspicion of her is pretty vague.
I agree, you should iso me.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote:

I am here. I am listening to what everyone has to say and will have revised reads in the morning.

The only way I can see there being two doctors is if one targets on even-nights and the other on odd. I would not bet on it though.

Do you have no immediate thoughts to share right now on any of the stuff that's going on?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

So shoot Long Con. :grin:

The gun doesn't janitor, right?

Why Juliets?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 321

Post by speedchuck »

Hello, yes, I am speedchuck. How may I be of service?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote:
juliets wrote:

The only way I can see there being two doctors is if one targets on even-nights and the other on odd. I would not bet on it though.

Do you have no immediate thoughts to share right now on any of the stuff that's going on?
Yes, I do. I was waiting on clarification from the host on something which I now have and given the answer to your question, I do not believe Quin is telling the truth. I am not claiming doctor.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote:I also want to ask what the probability is that there is are two doctor roles.
Who knows, really. My thoughts point-by-point:

1. Is it possible there are two doctors? Sure, it's possible. I'd expect them to function or be flavored differently. One being odd nights and the other every night would be bizarre though.

2. Do hosts often obfuscate their setups with dynamics like this? Yes. I know I used to do things all the time in my closed setups on RYM -- I'd install little wrinkles into the game that would prevent the civilians from being able to solve the game by talking about my hosting preferences instead of who is or isn't suspicious. I don't know sprityo's tendencies.

3. Do I think it's more likely than not that there are two different civilians with a doctor role? :shrug: I'll lean toward no.

If there's a strongman on the scum team that would make more sense. It sounds really difficult to balance though -- and let's not forget that Epignosis had a presence in the makeup of this game. He cares about balance.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
juliets wrote:

Yes, I do. I was waiting on clarification from the host on something which I now have and given the answer to your question, I do not believe Quin is telling the truth. I am not claiming doctor.
Well this is interesting. I'd love some elaboration whenever you're able.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote:Yes, I do. I was waiting on clarification from the host on something which I now have and given the answer to your question, I do not believe Quin is telling the truth. I am not claiming doctor.
The plot thickens. :dark:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Note about Quin: I gave him a big, warm and fuzzy town read out of nowhere. In response he posted a couple retorts to Jack and poofed. Jack is still providing reads and doing things.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
juliets wrote:Yes, I do. I was waiting on clarification from the host on something which I now have and given the answer to your question, I do not believe Quin is telling the truth. I am not claiming doctor.
The plot thickens. :dark:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Note about Quin: I gave him a big, warm and fuzzy town read out of nowhere. In response he posted a couple retorts to Jack and poofed. Jack is still providing reads and doing things.
I just posted a huge ass ISO in the champs game. I was doing that.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

juliets wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
juliets wrote:

I would expect an actual justification for this after seeing my name in every post for the past 24 hours. juliets has just given herself precedent for a vote if the chance arises.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”