Retrocausality Mafia - ENDGAME: A Reprieve in the Desert

Moderator: Community Team

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 592

Re: Retrocausality Mafia - Night 3: Enter the domain of Chronos

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:14 am Speedchuck also guaranteed no cults.
And cult = mafia that recruits? Or is he just referring to the traditional unlimited cult leader?

It's not a cult so long as there is limitation on the number that can be recruited right?

That being said for him to adamantly state no cults probably means no recruiting either.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 614

Post by Golden »

Yeah it’s not absolute just indicative
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:18 am I can't effect the night kill directly just cus of how real life time works. speedchuck couldn't text quin tonight and be like hey guess what you didn't die after all, go ahead and post a bunch in the past during day 3 except not after that cus you're dead already

but if my targeting causes people to get unblocked or unprotected they can die or undie or i guess... hypothetically re-die?
Yeah but you said that you were told if you target a kill nothing will happen right?

We are already here in this timeline where Quin didn't post in the past but if you were able to manipulate the night kill from the previous night to occur tonight instead and we can ensure Quin's protection then the kill won't occur and Quin should return to the thread? Unless you literally cannot alter kills as a specific part of your role.

Given we are all fairly aligned with our reads we should at least try this with your role.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 353
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

so anyways if we give turnip head his wincon tonight and it goes horribly wrong i can move his target and undo whatever bad thing happened, i... think?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I would also be very wary of anyone that returns to the thread after they are vanished at night.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:21 am so anyways if we give turnip head his wincon tonight and it goes horribly wrong i can move his target and undo whatever bad thing happened, i... think?
The idea that there is a win con based upon prediction of events makes it feel like Turnip Head's end game with the predictions isn't to "win" as much as it is to ascend or become something better. Like Biff from Back to the Future. It seems very weak and shallow otherwise. I imagine it's something like, predict successfully, become or receive some awesome shit that helps you survive, then survive. His chances of survival being far worse without the effect cause by the successful predictions.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he literally IS Biff from Back to the Future.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Him being not dangerous to the civs is probably just a choice he would make much like most survivor independents.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I think we should do some character claiming at this point. Speedchuck said not to do it from the start but it's night three and my character and role are totally connected so I think there is value in it.

Speedchuck do you have an issue with us doing it? Mine is already out.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Cmon guys I am on a roll here post moarrrr
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:20 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:18 am I can't effect the night kill directly just cus of how real life time works. speedchuck couldn't text quin tonight and be like hey guess what you didn't die after all, go ahead and post a bunch in the past during day 3 except not after that cus you're dead already

but if my targeting causes people to get unblocked or unprotected they can die or undie or i guess... hypothetically re-die?
Yeah but you said that you were told if you target a kill nothing will happen right?

We are already here in this timeline where Quin didn't post in the past but if you were able to manipulate the night kill from the previous night to occur tonight instead and we can ensure Quin's protection then the kill won't occur and Quin should return to the thread? Unless you literally cannot alter kills as a specific part of your role.

Given we are all fairly aligned with our reads we should at least try this with your role.
I wasn't told "if you target a kill nothing will happen" I was told "in the case of a kill this might not have much of an effect"

the biggest boundary to that plan is that we'd have to correctly guess last night's killer and also spend a protection in the process. it'd be a major 2 birds one stone moment if it would work/be allowed
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:26 am I think we should do some character claiming at this point. Speedchuck said not to do it from the start but it's night three and my character and role are totally connected so I think there is value in it.

your character and role are connected????????
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

like..... directly???
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I don't think protections are working the way we think they are anyway though. We are thinking too much like bluepills and not enough like time vandals. What if the night kills are predetermined anyway? My doctor role is a 1 night delayed role for instance. ie. who I target tonight is protected tomorrow night. If the kills are similar to my role then thinking about who we should protect based on what is happening tonight is the wrong way to be using the ability.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:30 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:26 am I think we should do some character claiming at this point. Speedchuck said not to do it from the start but it's night three and my character and role are totally connected so I think there is value in it.

your character and role are connected????????
I am a doctor and I am The Doctor yes.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 170
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:24 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:21 am so anyways if we give turnip head his wincon tonight and it goes horribly wrong i can move his target and undo whatever bad thing happened, i... think?
The idea that there is a win con based upon prediction of events makes it feel like Turnip Head's end game with the predictions isn't to "win" as much as it is to ascend or become something better. Like Biff from Back to the Future. It seems very weak and shallow otherwise. I imagine it's something like, predict successfully, become or receive some awesome shit that helps you survive, then survive. His chances of survival being far worse without the effect cause by the successful predictions.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he literally IS Biff from Back to the Future.
This is some weird wine, idk how to drink it. On one hand I want to fulfill my truly as easy as it sounds wincon. On the other hand I realize I've been lazy as fuck about it. On the other other hand I wonder if there's some deeply rooted reason that there's been so much pushback against my claim. It's a harsh world for turnip's apparently.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:33 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:24 am

This is some weird wine, idk how to drink it. On one hand I want to fulfill my truly as easy as it sounds wincon. On the other hand I realize I've been lazy as fuck about it. On the other other hand I wonder if there's some deeply rooted reason that there's been so much pushback against my claim. It's a harsh world for turnip's apparently.
Anyone that doesn't have the benefit of information would be sceptical of such a ridiculously easy to achieve wincon in a game like this. The reason there's been pushback is "too easy, can't be true".
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

My wifom game must be stronger than I thought
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ultimately we shall discover if you were telling the truth because Scotty is getting the quill and you're going to disappear right? No shenanigans?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Is it at all possible that you're just really overthinking this game, Mac?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:36 am Is it at all possible that you're just really overthinking this game, Mac?
Yes. But I don't care because it's fun to think about.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

galaxy brain theory: mafia scheme was to use sig's power to vanish turnip head to justify his claim but now they cant
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:37 am
Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:36 am Is it at all possible that you're just really overthinking this game, Mac?
Yes. But I don't care because it's fun to think about.
Good. Please don't care! :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:38 am galaxy brain theory: mafia scheme was to use sig's power to vanish turnip head to justify his claim but now they cant
Oh wow... I love this idea. That could be very true.

Has anyone noticed that what is up for bid tonight is a 'quill'? Sig got a quill AND a wig, right? Is it possible he used teh wig and not the quill?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kyle obviously if your role is town backup it's going to be hard for there to be a character that represents such a thing as directly as mine does so I am not too worried about that. In U-Pick I made Juliets a cop because she picked a cop and rolled civ but most other characters didn't have too much to do with their roles. It's not something I'll get too hung up on. I do think there is muchos benefit to character claiming if it's permitted though.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:38 am galaxy brain theory: mafia scheme was to use sig's power to vanish turnip head to justify his claim but now they cant
HMMMM yes but how do you explain the fact that I apparently don't give a fuck HMMMM :shifty:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:39 am
Oh wow... I love this idea. That could be very true.

Has anyone noticed that what is up for bid tonight is a 'quill'? Sig got a quill AND a wig, right? Is it possible he used teh wig and not the quill?
I also like the idea. The best part is we'll see if it's true verrrrryyyy soon.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:41 am
HMMMM yes but how do you explain the fact that I apparently don't give a fuck HMMMM :shifty:
Gotta play it cool until the last minute and then play dumb... how else would you play it?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:41 am
cuz ur turnip head and you're too cool for school

message for you in the sex cave
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am surprised that you are so circumspect towards someone you have BTSC with. That's usually a pretty hard thing to manage to do.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:40 am Kyle obviously if your role is town backup it's going to be hard for there to be a character that represents such a thing as directly as mine does so I am not too worried about that. In U-Pick I made Juliets a cop because she picked a cop and rolled civ but most other characters didn't have too much to do with their roles. It's not something I'll get too hung up on. I do think there is muchos benefit to character claiming if it's permitted though.
no actually mine makes a weird amount of sense. im Ebenezer Scrooge
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:46 am I am surprised that you are so circumspect towards someone you have BTSC with. That's usually a pretty hard thing to manage to do.
idk what that means
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Can someone answer me who has a better recollection than I, what the thread tone was towards the Zephyrus lynch and the Lunalee lynch. Was there much in the way of pushback from anybody on them?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:40 am Kyle obviously if your role is town backup it's going to be hard for there to be a character that represents such a thing as directly as mine does so I am not too worried about that. In U-Pick I made Juliets a cop because she picked a cop and rolled civ but most other characters didn't have too much to do with their roles. It's not something I'll get too hung up on. I do think there is muchos benefit to character claiming if it's permitted though.
So why the histrionics when I said that mine did?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:47 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:46 am I am surprised that you are so circumspect towards someone you have BTSC with. That's usually a pretty hard thing to manage to do.
idk what that means
In my experience people trust their BTSC partners more than they should.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:15 pm- Solving the game by flavor claiming is frowned upon and will NOT help you
I'd love to join the flavour claiming party but I've been intentionally studiously avoiding it.

If I shared mine, it would also make sense. So does scotty's. We're a pair, you know?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:47 am Can someone answer me who has a better recollection than I, what the thread tone was towards the Zephyrus lynch and the Lunalee lynch. Was there much in the way of pushback from anybody on them?
The answer is always Colin in my opinion. Colin is the person who has been most at work trying to avoid the lynches that eventually occurred.
Golden
The Coward

Re: Retrocausality Mafia - Day 0: It's 'TIME' to get started

Post by Golden »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:08 pm Is there a sex cave in this one too? I’d like to be involved if at all possible.
On day zero
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Can we please also get a roll call on who voted for who on the sig lynch.

I think it was

Sig = Golden, Colin, Turnip Head
Lapluie = Scotty, Epignosis, Kyle
Turnip Head = sprityo, Mac

Which meant Lapluie no voted even though she nearly got lynched?

If I am wrong about anyone hands up. The only ones I am sure of are Golden, Scotty, Epi and myself.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:48 am
speedchuck wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:15 pm- Solving the game by flavor claiming is frowned upon and will NOT help you
I'd love to join the flavour claiming party but I've been intentionally studiously avoiding it.

If I shared mine, it would also make sense. So does scotty's. We're a pair, you know?
Flavour claiming as opposed to role claiming?

- Role Claiming is allowed
- Solving the game by flavor claiming is frowned upon and will NOT help you
- Massclaiming from the start ruins the game. Please do not.

I don't think he means character claiming I think he means trying to solve the game looking at the nature of the characters themselves ie. Ebenezer Scrooge would naturally be bad right?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

It seems like it would be a bit of a shame if we weren't meant to be able to character claim these cool as characters, and speedchuck has given fake claims so he obviously expects us to do it.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:48 am
idk what that means
my first ever btsc experience involved Black Rock teaching me how to play mafia and then her getting recruited by Reavers late game and dismantling our town block manipulating me all the way. :[ I never fully recovered
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scrooge would naturally be good, I would have assumed... he is redeemed at the end.

The Doctor is obviously good. BUT - the baddies will have fake flavour claims.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:50 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:47 am Can someone answer me who has a better recollection than I, what the thread tone was towards the Zephyrus lynch and the Lunalee lynch. Was there much in the way of pushback from anybody on them?
The answer is always Colin in my opinion. Colin is the person who has been most at work trying to avoid the lynches that eventually occurred.
Okay can you show me?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:55 am
idk what that means
my first ever btsc experience involved Black Rock teaching me how to play mafia and then her getting recruited by Reavers late game and dismantling our town block manipulating me all the way. :[ I never fully recovered
My first ever scum win involved Little Tiger jailing me on day 2, me having to claim a role, LUCKILY claiming the role that was nightkilled N1 (by sheer fluke) and making up a plausible role power since it was *secrets*, and then coasted that to a 'all scum alive' win with LT championing me as a civ. It was glorious.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:56 am
Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:50 am
Okay can you show me?
Currently working on it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:55 am Scrooge would naturally be good, I would have assumed... he is redeemed at the end.

All I am saying is that I am pretty sure we're expected to claim and I don't think he means for us not to. I think he means for us to not try to solve the game via the character claims but that's not what I am trying to do so much as I am trying to put on the table who everybody is because I feel like we're meant to coordinate our roles better in this game than we have been given the complexity of roles going across days.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:46 am
So why the histrionics when I said that mine did?
bc turnip head's claimed role attributes don't seem to make that much sense with his character, but I'm not all that familiar with the canon
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:55 am Scrooge would naturally be good, I would have assumed... he is redeemed at the end.

I don't think the roles are gonna be obviously "good" or "bad" I kinda think speedchuck just googled a list of famous time travelers in media and picked some weird ones.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:56 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:55 am
idk what that means
My first ever scum win involved Little Tiger jailing me on day 2, me having to claim a role, LUCKILY claiming the role that was nightkilled N1 (by sheer fluke) and making up a plausible role power since it was *secrets*, and then coasted that to a 'all scum alive' win with LT championing me as a civ. It was glorious.
I think my first scum win was either in a game where I claimed beloved princess when I was about to get lynched, the actual beloved princess counter claimed. I managed to get them lynched and then managed to convince everybody that via flavour it made sense for me to also be a beloved princess (it was an MLP game and I was Princess Celestia) OR it was the Mega Man game in which I claimed my actual role (Proto Man) instead of my fake claim (Pharoah Man) and said I was a vanilla townie in a role madness game on day 1. One of the scum roles was supposed to try to figure out who Proto man was and recruit me but I saved them the hassle and then managed to survive the game despite being the only vanilla townie claim in the game.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:00 am

I don't think the roles are gonna be obviously "good" or "bad" I kinda think speedchuck just googled a list of famous time travelers in media and picked some weird ones.
That's what I meant about flavour.

I just want to see everyone's roles so we can build engines that work rather than all the cogs spinning separately.

Return to “Previous Jobs”