Retrocausality Mafia - ENDGAME: A Reprieve in the Desert

Moderator: Community Team

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 614

Re: Retrocausality Mafia - Night 3: Enter the domain of Chronos

Post by Golden »

thanks for the game guys. It’s a fun one. Thanks for replacing in juliets!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 353
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:06 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:58 pm epignosis, scotty, and mac are oops all doctors

scotty and spacedaisy and I think someone else are all town if you have a town role card, if you don't then who knows i guess

turnip head and i are mixmasons and he's claimed an indie with a predict 2 elections win condition, it's like this whole thing. we'll hopefully resolve it tonight.

I am the christmas time ghost warlock played by, Michael Caine.

colin says he's a guy who gets an extra vote when he predicts night votes

sig and luna wree hopefully mafia but maybe they weren't and we're fucked but hopefully they were and we're doing fine but who knows

those are the main points.
:disappoint:

Looks an awful lot like you're maybe taking advantage of whatever the prevailing narratives are in the thread and easily trusting other people for reasons unclear to me, bud
you're only saying that cus it specifically effects you the most :p

your claim is unverified and not actually backed up by anyone or any evidence, and i think if turnip head turns out to have been telling the truth it's a non zero possibility that you made up your role claim just to make his sound worse. "you get an extra vote if you can guess the night poll result" is as much of an absurd role as turnips' claimed role. do you disagree with that?

do you suspect me, colin
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:58 am
Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:04 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:01 am
Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:00 am You do actually - I remember you trying with SVS in the GoC.

But you are mr mysterious don’t share your working. It’s not like you are poster child for ‘transparent Effort’

I’ve no idea what you find odd about it.
You said I've tried with S~V~S and now you're saying I'm not transparent. Which is it?
Yeah, I’ve seen you try. So I know you can.

But mostly - no. When one tries to make such a transparent effort with you, it fails. You’ll always choose to do your own thing.

Which btw I take no issue with, but don’t come in here with a completely false and ludicrous argument about how trust makes townies behave.
When Epignosis, Sprityo and I were masoned in Fire Emblem we very much coordinated. We coordinated our votes so well we got Jay mislynched.
we were masoned though, golden and scotty dont have a mason chat as far as im aware of
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

Hell yes I'm only saying it because it affects me the most.

I disagree with the second paragraph in that it would not make sense for me to want to target Turnip Head specifically like that, out of everyone in the game, and especially at that juncture. I'm sure there is a tinfoilly way to make it make sense but that's ... not the case.

You're on the list.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

juliets wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:12 pmWhat is a mixmason? And Kyle have you said what the Christmas time ghost does?
mixmasons means we're mason's but with no up front gaurantee if being the same alignment. TH claimed indie so he's not civ, so mixmasons.
Also Kyle I don't quite get the meaning of this sentence:
"scotty and spacedaisy and I think someone else are all town if you have a town role card, if you don't then who knows I guess"

You think someone else are all town? who? Or is there a word or two missing from the sentence?
scotty and spacedaisy were cleared by golden who turned into you, so if you're civ then they're probably civ as well. I think there was another player involved in that but I don't remember who.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Scotty wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:55 am Hey @sprityo I might be talking in circles and you may have already answered after I already asked this but

Why are you so certain Golden is civ? Like, there isn’t any ability that you have claimed to ascertain that notion unless you just know something.

Ok I know I’ve already asked this but I’m tired and on the subway and don’t have proper service or patience to go back that many pages to find it
let me catch up and ill get back to you on this
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:38 pmHell yes I'm only saying it because it affects me the most.
yes that's what I said you're doing
I disagree with the second paragraph in that it would not make sense for me to want to target Turnip Head specifically like that, out of everyone in the game, and especially at that juncture. I'm sure there is a tinfoilly way to make it make sense but that's ... not the case.

there's a part of me that thinks that if Luna and sig weren't mafia the real mafia are the players who've taken the strategy of "hey let's just happen to be around to counterclaim people's claims early and nothing bad will happen cus this game will be pretty short and no one would suspect it". maybe that's tinfoil, but it's why i downgraded your "is" to a "says". there's nothing backing up your claim so to state it like it's a known and proven thread fact would be inaccurate
You're on the list.
your list seems to have a low threshold then
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

nice
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:38 pmHell yes I'm only saying it because it affects me the most.
yes that's what I said you're doing
there's a part of me that thinks that if Luna and sig weren't mafia the real mafia are the players who've taken the strategy of "hey let's just happen to be around to counterclaim people's claims early and nothing bad will happen cus this game will be pretty short and no one would suspect it". maybe that's tinfoil, but it's why i downgraded your "is" to a "says". there's nothing backing up your claim so to state it like it's a known and proven thread fact would be inaccurate
You're on the list.
your list seems to have a low threshold then
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

What is there to back up Mac or Epignosis's claims on their own merits and not with respect to how you're reading them?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colin did you even read that fucking post lol
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Hell no I didn't read that post.

Jk I did but I don't see what you're saying. Are you saying one of the three doctors we have has used that strategy (alongside me or independent of me) because my entire point was that you used "are" language for them + everybody else suggesting that you believe their claims and that it therefore would not be the case that you think one of them is scum.

Does that make any sense
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

[mention]Scotty[/mention] I know golden's role because Choutas role-copped him night 1.
Sadly however that was my one and only role cop.
I also know Daisy visited Scotty night 2. That was my other One-Shot.

So now i flip it back to you scotty, what item did you recieve day3 and how is [mention]Spacedaisy[/mention] connected?

and if any of you REALLY care about the flavor, it's Link from Ocarina of time (adult and child)
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I point out that turnip head's indie-ness is an unverified claim, everything else about turnip head is something I know for sure. The fact that we are masons is a definite.

the fact that I am a time mage is a definite fact that I know for certain.

"oops all doctors" and the fact that there are 3 of them should be enough for juliets to figure out on her own that
hey maybe something's weird there, along with the fact that doctors don't normally roleclaim.

everything relating to golden's claims with Scotty and spacedaisy are listed as possiblity based on Juliets rolecard that she can verify for herself.

your role claim is not related to anything or anyone else and hasn't been demonstrated in thread so it's also still ambiguous and unverified, so plz relax.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:01 pm I point out that turnip head's indie-ness is an unverified claim, everything else about turnip head is something I know for sure. The fact that we are masons is a definite.

"oops all doctors" and the fact that there are 3 of them should be enough for juliets to figure out on her own that
hey maybe something's weird there, along with the fact that doctors don't normally roleclaim.

everything relating to golden's claims with Scotty and spacedaisy are listed as possiblity based on Juliets rolecard that she can verify for herself.

your role claim is not related to anything or anyone else and hasn't been demonstrated in thread so it's also still ambiguous and unverified, so plz relax.
i can verify that juliets is for sure marty mcfly

golden never said the meat of his role and i will refrain as well for juliet's safety
Banners:
ImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:01 pm I point out that turnip head's indie-ness is an unverified claim, everything else about turnip head is something I know for sure. The fact that we are masons is a definite.

I'm relaxed :beer:

My point was that you seemed to indicate believing Mac, Epi and Scotty over me but you seem to not think that, so now we are on the same page w/r/t what you believe.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Oh wait, what I meant to say was FUCK YOU KYLE YOU PIECE OF GARBAGE, that was a typo
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

(JK!!!)
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

sprityo wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:05 pm

golden never said the meat of his role and i will refrain as well for juliet's safety
And you can verify this how?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:11 pm
sprityo wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:05 pm

And you can verify this how?
sprityo wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:59 pm [mention]Scotty[/mention] I know golden's role because Choutas role-copped him night 1.
Sadly however that was my one and only role cop.
I also know Daisy visited Scotty night 2. That was my other One-Shot.

So now i flip it back to you scotty, what item did you recieve day3 and how is [mention]Spacedaisy[/mention] connected?

and if any of you REALLY care about the flavor, it's Link from Ocarina of time (adult and child)
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:10 pm Oh wait, what I meant to say was FUCK YOU KYLE YOU PIECE OF GARBAGE, that was a typo
lol love you colin
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 215

Post by Spacedaisy »

I kind of love Colin this game too. I feel like he is more of a presence in this game than he has been in past games. I'm quite enjoying it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

If more people were present, i would propose GTH reads.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I'm kind of omnipresent, always watching, always.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

lol ColinIsCoolWithLurking
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:09 pmI'm relaxed :beer:

My point was that you seemed to indicate believing Mac, Epi and Scotty over me but you seem to not think that, so now we are on the same page w/r/t what you believe.
on another note "oops all ____" is a very trendy way of saying things and i value trendiness over accuracy at all times with basically no exceptions.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:35 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:09 pmI'm relaxed :beer:

on another note "oops all ____" is a very trendy way of saying things and i value trendiness over accuracy at all times with basically no exceptions.
stop with your memes this instant
Banners:
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

oops! all memes
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 46
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Ok, I haven't finished reading through Golden's ISO yet but there are a few things I can say at this point.

First, I have now been briefed and had the benefit of reading most of Golden's thread and some of the posts he was commenting on and I can say I absolutely see Scotty, Daisy, and Mac as civ.

Second, I am not sure I concur with his list of baddies, I will have to put in more effort (i.e., read sig, Luna, Epi, lapluie) before I can give you an opinion there.

Third, I have no intention of pursuing the argument with Epi and to an extent Mac about voting with people I see as civ in a block. Golden was passionate about that but I think it started because as he said he really didn't have time to coordinate/convince the other three of his opinion. Me personally, I have no interest in the argument and hope we can resolve any bad feelings that may have arisen.

Fourth, I am no Golden. I am not the savvy player he is and tend to be less confident in my reads. He appears to have been quite a force in the thread, very dynamic and charismatic. I have a much quieter affect so I hope we don't lose too much momentum as a town because of my personality difference.

Ok that's all I have to say for now, back to reading.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok I got to the end of Golden's posts and see that he ended up thinking Epi was town but it looks like he suspected Colin so I'll read Colin.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 170
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Welcome to the game [mention]juliets[/mention], it's a shame you won't be seeing much more of me, I'm scheduled to die in like an hour :sleepy:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:16 pm Welcome to the game @juliets, it's a shame you won't be seeing much more of me, I'm scheduled to die in like an hour :sleepy:
What? What do you mean TH?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:20 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:16 pm Welcome to the game @juliets, it's a shame you won't be seeing much more of me, I'm scheduled to die in like an hour :sleepy:
It's my destiny to die/win tonight and no amount of retrocausality can change that.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:25 pm
It's my destiny to die/win tonight and no amount of retrocausality can change that.
Oh ok. I saw something about that when I was reading but I didn't understand it really.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:37 pm
Oh ok. I saw something about that when I was reading but I didn't understand it really.
I tried to have fun with it tbh but it sort of fell out of my hands cuz the thread pushed back against it hard, and now I'm just that lingering presence that we can't wait to finally deal with XD

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:52 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:37 pm
I tried to have fun with it tbh but it sort of fell out of my hands cuz the thread pushed back against it hard, and now I'm just that lingering presence that we can't wait to finally deal with XD

That makes me more sad than a game should make me. I guess you could be bad and stringing me along but what purpose would that serve if you're about to die. Didn't I read that something could happen where you exit the game and have your win con satisfied?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I think that’s what he means by dying, juliets, but ... I am also wondering if he’s a bomb by the distinction between “die/win.”

I was an indie bomb once and I destroyed the game.

So.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

:omg: :omg: :omg:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Turnip Head[/mention] are you doing alright
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

like..... irl, are you okay
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 592

Post by MacDougall »

Hello Julio
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:13 pmHello Julio
Hello Mac, nice to see you.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 10

Post by dunya »

I hope everyone's been good. I didn't read anything today 😜 but juliets is here now so y'all better be on best behaviour.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:28 pm @Turnip Head are you doing alright
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:29 pm like..... irl, are you okay
The FLorida humidity is giving me a daily case of swamp ass so body temp wise i've definitely felt better

other than that i'm fine
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:43 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:28 pm @Turnip Head are you doing alright
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:29 pm like..... irl, are you okay
The FLorida humidity is giving me a daily case of swamp ass so body temp wise i've definitely felt better

other than that i'm fine
Omg we had the worst storms here today - our street is flooded, our back patio is flooded and the pool is at the overflow point. Florida weather, love it in winter, not so much this time of year.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 592

Post by MacDougall »

When are we doin somethin
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I have a serious vendetta against Florida. I would not weep if it sank into the ocean. If your house goes with y’all can just bunk with me
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Turnip Head are you a bomb
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:55 pm Turnip Head are you a bomb
I'm almost 100% the opposite. The fact that there's no flips only adds to the irony of the mystery behind my completely mundane role
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Do you bring people back when you leave the game then?

Return to “Previous Jobs”