69%

Total votes: 13
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 503
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 7]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:00 pm DharmaHelper - I firmly think is 3P. Fite me.
DFaraday - scumread
Dom - ??? town?
DrWilgy - ??? scum?
Dyslexicon - town
JackofHearts2005 - waffling
K-Ness - scum
Kylemii - town
Long Con - town
novaselinenever - scum
speedchuck - XOXO
Soneji - town
Turnip Head - town

I think there is at least one (mostly) inactive scum, if not two. This list: DF, Dom, Wilgy, Nova, Soneji.
That ain't good. My bets are on Nova and/or DF for reasons I might get into during the day.

I think DH is 3P for other reasons. Some of which I kinda remember. Will get into that today.

K-Ness felt terrible on the previous two pages. DH's case on JoH has merit, but it's hard to stand firmly on the two in between all the bullcrap.

linki: Hope your tomorrow is good @K-Ness :(
Why 3P?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[VOTE: You're out of your element, Dharmy.] aubergine
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 414

Post by speedchuck »

I'll elaborate tomorrow. Exhausted right now. But there are lots of reasons. It's somewhwere in my ISO where I say he's Proto Man to start with
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 466

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Night 6]

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:09 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:57 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:48 pm What haven't I addressed?
Still haven’t addressed the reasons I townread you have nothing to do with anything you’ve said or done, which is why the scumread isn’t inconsistent, which is your entire case.

You haven’t addressed that I have been ranting at you both before and after Dizzy expressed suspicion on you. (“That’s not the same” does not address my point.)

Throughout the whole game, you’ve handwaved suspicion like “meow” or “that’s like your opinion man” instead of addressing the things people have said about you.
First, I dunno what you want me to say. You townread me, but nothing to do with me. Is it because of Alien? or because of what people who have played with me have said about me? Either way "My townread of you has come from nothing you've done but rather what people have said about you and my scumread of you is from all the scummy shit you've done" Makes no sense. You either town read me (which you said you did) or you scum read me (which you also said you did).

Second, that's not my case.

Third, You can both be ranting at me and waiting for someone to egg on. Two different things.
You’ve never heard of reading someone based on when a dead scum player has said about them? Really? You never look for teammate behavior l?

Okay. What’s your case? That I pointed out you going after Kness looked scummy, ergo I’m scum with Kness?

I wasn’t waiting for shit. I’ve been upfront with my suspicion of you. I don’t need Dizzy for that. Dizzy is just right about a thing so I agreed. Why is that scummy?
1. That's not what I said
2. I outlined my case pretty clearly Mr. "Ignoring things cuz they're inconvenient makes you bad"
3. You were egging Dyslexicon on and even he agreed that's what you were doing.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh wow who could have predicted K-Ness and Jack would have the time to vote for me today oh wow what a complete shockerino.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Yeah, we talked about it and decided we’d vote for your right away and just kinda force this.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:51 pm And 1 wasn’t even a defense of Kness. It was an accusation.
Accusing who of what?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm sure a civ K-Ness would definitely just tack a vote on ya boi and ghost.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Reasoning for DH being 3P aside, I have no idea what PM’s win condition would be so I don’t know how to evaluate that reasoning or if he should or should not be lynched if he is PM.

That is, someone who knows the theme better should guess at PM’s win con.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:18 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:51 pm And 1 wasn’t even a defense of Kness. It was an accusation.
Accusing who of what?
Kness of knowing you’re not mafia because Kness is mafia.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:20 pm
Accusing who of what?
How.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 5]

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:00 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:13 pm
K-Ness wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:08 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:01 pm
K-Ness wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:52 pm Dharma, why would you suspect Marmot was town? What led you to think that he was after the previous phase?

*also noticed the subtitle is that this is still Day 5, which threw me for a moment*
Did I say Marmot was town?
No, but you had to have had some doubt in your mind that he was mafia, right?
Why must I have?
What is this even?

Kness’s post insinuates he knows DH is town and like...DH argues against that?
Anyone want to try and explain how this is an accusation against Knees?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Idk man

"Me and the guy I was accusing of scumslipping are voting for the guy I said I townread until he went after the guy I thought might have scum slipped" ain't a good look my guy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:20 pm
Accusing who of what?
How.
Kness was trying to figure out why you didn’t want to vote Marmot.

Went something like

K: Why did you think Marmot was town?
DH: I didn’t.
K: But you must have since you didn’t want to vote for him.
DH: Something snarky that doesn’t answer the question.

I jumped on the first line thinking that if Kness thinks you actually thought Marmot was town, that means he knows you are town. If Kness knows you are town but is still questioning you, it can only be because Kness is mafia. That’s not me defending Kness. That’s me accusing Kness.

I later reread it and realized that taken in context, Kness wasn’t knowing you were town but rather phrasing the question from the perspective of you being town to evaluate your read as true or false. So I was like “never mind.”
DharmaHelper

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 6]

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:03 pm Me being town and me having reservations are two separate things my guy. Whats with the whole "Knees knows DH is town" scumslip boi
Oops here I am accusing Knees of a scumslip before you did oops

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:28 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:20 pm
Accusing who of what?
How.
Kness was trying to figure out why you didn’t want to vote Marmot.

Went something like

K: Why did you think Marmot was town?
DH: I didn’t.
K: But you must have since you didn’t want to vote for him.
DH: Something snarky that doesn’t answer the question.

I jumped on the first line thinking that if Kness thinks you actually thought Marmot was town, that means he knows you are town. If Kness knows you are town but is still questioning you, it can only be because Kness is mafia. That’s not me defending Kness. That’s me accusing Kness.

I later reread it and realized that taken in context, Kness wasn’t knowing you were town but rather phrasing the question from the perspective of you being town to evaluate your read as true or false. So I was like “never mind.”
IDK man it looks more to me like you were up my ass and then cut bait and tried to run with the "Knees made a scumslip" thing for a total of two posts. IDK

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:25 pm Idk man

"Me and the guy I was accusing of scumslipping are voting for the guy I said I townread until he went after the guy I thought might have scum slipped" ain't a good look my guy.
Glosses over that I said the scumslip didn’t actually happen and that even when I’ve townread you, it’s been in spite of a bunch of scummy behavior that I’ve pointed out even while townreading you.

Reads can change with new information or with relooking at the same information in a different way. New information being that your vote on me and your attack on Kness were both super scummy.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

K-Ness wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:14 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:06 pm “some doubt in your mind that he was mafia, right?”

The mafia doesn’t have doubt that Marmot is mafia. If you actually had doubts, that would make you town.

So is Kness slipping?
Not at all. I was trying to figure out why Dharma wasn't sure about Marmot given the previous day phase's antics. It felt more like looking for a reason to help Marmot wiggle out of a tough spot instead of an earnest attempt to gather information. If he had doubts on Marmot being mafia (therefore asking why we were lynching him), it would cement him as town, but I just don't buy that he working towards a greater good in his line of questioning.

He's also responding in a really annoying way, answering questions with questions.
Oops heres ya boi Knees directing his refutation of the scumslip to Jack and not me because he wants to distance from Jack and not me lol oops

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:30 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:03 pm Me being town and me having reservations are two separate things my guy. Whats with the whole "Knees knows DH is town" scumslip boi
That post is in reference to one of my posts is it not?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:34 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:30 pm
That post is in reference to one of my posts is it not?
Oops ur rite. I got excited.

Anyway ur bad tho

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:33 pm

Glosses over that I said the scumslip didn’t actually happen and that even when I’ve townread you, it’s been in spite of a bunch of scummy behavior that I’ve pointed out even while townreading you.

Reads can change with new information or with relooking at the same information in a different way. New information being that your vote on me and your attack on Kness were both super scummy.
You mean like you can townread me when its the popular thing to do but when I go after your teammate you can scumread me is that what you mean

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Anyway Jack why are you defending and voting with a guy you GTH'ed as scum I don't get it

Just kidding of course I get it lol

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:37 pm

You mean like you can townread me when its the popular thing to do but when I go after your teammate you can scumread me is that what you mean
Who has recently changed their stance on you besides me? Since you think my read is based on popular opinion.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:38 pm Anyway Jack why are you defending and voting with a guy you GTH'ed as scum I don't get it

Cause I don’t buy you fighting tooth and nail to make sure the Marmot lynch is a good one while you are okay voting for Kness for the smallest of things while Kness is largely scumread. I don’t think you think he’s bad. I think you think he’s lynchable. The difference between how you treat Marmot and Kness is telling.

Also, Kness is voting with me, not the other way around. :biggrin:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:41 pm

Who has recently changed their stance on you besides me? Since you think my read is based on popular opinion.
I dunno but heres what I do know:

I voted to lynch Marmot and tried to save Bullz (although part of that was self preservation, I could have easily just voted Bullz and had the same result) so the smart thing to do based on my cred with people like Chuck and others who have townread me correctly alongside my current voting record would be to go "Ok for now I'll townread DH". And then when I brought up Knees you went "Fuck that actually DH is bad."

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:44 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:38 pm Anyway Jack why are you defending and voting with a guy you GTH'ed as scum I don't get it

Cause I don’t buy you fighting tooth and nail to make sure the Marmot lynch is a good one while you are okay voting for Kness for the smallest of things while Kness is largely scumread. I don’t think you think he’s bad. I think you think he’s lynchable. The difference between how you treat Marmot and Kness is telling.

Fam did I vote Knees I must have missed the part where I voted for Knees.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Anyway I'm voting for Jack now

Very cool of Knees to vote-and-run and not say anything that's cool.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:44 pm

"Even tho Knees is mostly scumread I suspect you for suspecting Knees whom I also by the way suspect"

OK

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:44 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:41 pm

I dunno but heres what I do know:

I voted to lynch Marmot and tried to save Bullz (although part of that was self preservation, I could have easily just voted Bullz and had the same result) so the smart thing to do based on my cred with people like Chuck and others who have townread me correctly alongside my current voting record would be to go "Ok for now I'll townread DH". And then when I brought up Knees you went "Fuck that actually DH is bad."
So based on the underlined, is it fair to say you’re just throwing nonsense into your case?

You voted to lynch Marmot after repeatedly mischaracterizing the case against Marmot as garbage. You voted me to “see where this goes,” not to save Bullzeye.

The fact that you expect town cred for that is laughable.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:16 pm Bulls if you vote for me then I'll have to vote for you which puts us at a null point. but if we vote for the same, different person, then that person will have two votes.
OK.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Night, DH. Sleep tight.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

[quote=Jackofhearts2005 post_id=486994 time=1538963605 user_id=541

You voted to lynch Marmot after repeatedly mischaracterizing the case against Marmot as garbage. You voted me to “see where this goes,” not to save Bullzeye.

The fact that you expect town cred for that is laughable.
[/quote]

No I voted to lynch Marmot after people finally gave me the full case on Marmot. TH's point in particular cleared a bunch of shit up for me and made the case less about things that Marmot usually always does and more about suspicious shit that Marmot did in this game.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I thought that the initial mention of Kness knowing DH is Civ was an undeniable accusation. Is that in doubt?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:01 pm I thought that the initial mention of Kness knowing DH is Civ was an undeniable accusation. Is that in doubt?
I don't doubt it. But I'd like to see what other people think.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Im voting KNess mostly for tone, I think he's been evasive towards giving meaty opinions, scared of attracting attention.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I thought the vote tags were designed so that I could search for "aubergine" and get all the vote posts. I tried that and got the one post that typed "aubergine" in text. Help!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

You have to invoke the blessing of the eggplant god as you hit the Search button, otherwise it won't work
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Same thing happens to me tho lol
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm not really cool with DH say he tryna save Bullzeye out there. That doesn't line up with what I remember.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:46 pm I'm not really cool with DH say he tryna save Bullzeye out there. That doesn't line up with what I remember.
To be fair what I said was "In part due to self preservation" I asked Bulls not to vote for me and I wouldn't vote for him. :shrug:

I definitely didn't go to bat for Bulls and didn't claim that I was his Champion or anything.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

That's true. I forgot about that.
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Long Con »

Things I didn't like about Jack's ISO.

Some casual ignorance of how the recruiting works. Jack strikes me as a sharp enough guy to fake this as a little Civ-breadcrumb if he's bad, and to know better if he's Civ.

Hot-takes nutella and Mac to be town. They were. Could be a buddying technique.

Townlean on K-Ness, and the post goes further than to just state that, some extra interaction. If K-Ness is bad, I don't like it much.

Backs up Civ JJJ's suspicion of Civ Sloonei. Pretty piggybacky, and Civ-destructive if a bad Jack was just supportively fanning the flames, considering the respected solving history of both players.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:14 pm
Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:01 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:54 pm Townlean on Kness. He’s saying things I expect town Kness to say.

Pro tip if you’re going to use a notepad. Take a selfie with the notepad to prove you are really using it. Based on past experiences, this leads to victory 100% of the time.
What kinds of things does town K-Ness say?
It’s really more about coming across as dipping a toe in the water vs coming across as scared to even do that. He doesn’t seem overwhelmed like he’s not worried about being caught.

I think he’d be a little more chipper if he randed Megaman btw.
^^ The more I read this last post over, the less it's really clear to me what, if anything, Jack is saying. And the 'chipper' comment, is that a reference to something, or a random comment? I find it really weird.

Players he has a reason to suspect are all Civs.

Barely mentions Lunalee before her lynch, and that mention is a quiet townread, though he doesn't press the point in the slightest when agreeing with Sloonei's rainbow list placement of Luna as yellow. Or that voting Bullzeye is sexier.

Gives up his K-Ness townread for a minor suspicion. Might be notable later.

Tells us, correctly, who the Mafia nk was aimed for. WIFOM too much.

Nighttime tease of possible Marmot suspicion. Jack votes for Marmot, but I'm not really sure where his vote came in the five. "Voters: Turnip Head, Simon, Kylemii, Jackofhearts2005, Sloonei" is that in the right order?

I guess he was third on the train, which is optimal for the bus of the teammate. Pushes TH as Marmot teammate

The insistent certainty here feels like "See how dedicated I was to the Marmot lynch? Provably dedicated, look here."

Gave Kness a scum GTH, but tiny player-salads him out a bit here. Only relevant if Kness is scum... however this post is more respectable if Kness is scum.

Sidelong accusation of speedchuck and I over Simon voting, but the only conclusion is that Gemini Man is bad.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:46 amThree games in a row now, the player who tries to demotivate the town has been scum. Js.
Is this true?

This bragging isn't something I think a bad Jack wouldn't do. Something to lay claim and solidify that he voted Marmot, so everyone knows.

Jack being on the Kness slip first looks very good on him is Kness is bad. So that doesn't fit the theory.

Was going to vote for me or speed today, guess DH took his attention.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:32 am Let me know how Venom is, though.
It was really cool. I hope Venom will join the larger Marvel Universe, maybe as soon as Infinity War part 2? That would be very awesome.

I'm tired of doing this. I'll leave it here. I think I'll vote Jack now. [VOTE: JackSkellington] aubergine
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 323
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:51 pm
Night 6 has ended.

sprityo has been killed.

It is now Day 7. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
:beer: Wow Even a useless nobody like me can get night killed! It's all in the name of hope! :hugs:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

sprityo wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:34 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:51 pm
Night 6 has ended.

sprityo has been killed.

It is now Day 7. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
:beer: Wow Even a useless nobody like me can get night killed! It's all in the name of hope! :hugs:
:haha:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

LC, I agree with the angles you took in your Jack ISO.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 338
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

did you guys know there was a mega man kart racing video game?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i'm interested in hearing speedchuck's reasoning for viewing DH as a 3rd party, he hasn't actually been around that long and i don't really see any of his actions being ones that would work positively towards an indie win condition, in general i attribute indie behavior to like.... sliding into the background and stifling a little bit, dh has been anywhere but in the background.

the article for proto-man is really long... he's in a lot of games, he's mega man's rival and older brother, sometimes a mentor(?) he does seem to be frequently anti-wily though, and more than anything is interested in maintaining his own sense of agency. though he does work with dr. wily at times

mikhail cossack created 8 new robot masters and tried to take over the world but it turns out he was actually only doing it to save his daughter who had been kidnapped by dr. wily, who did so to force cossack to work for him, after wily is defeated, and dr. cossack builds a cool robot bird for mega man, which seems like a nice thing to do
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

that was my 6996th post
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Good leg work there LC.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:41 pm LC, I agree with the angles you took in your Jack ISO.
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:06 am Good leg work there LC.
wow, thanks guys. Usually my posts get no real reaction. Not sure how to take this. I guess if Jack is Civ then one of you are bad. This is fine.

Return to “Previous Jobs”