9%

Total votes: 11
ts account
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 342

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D3)

Post by ts account »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:33 pm
ts account wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:30 pm Then I do not want to play this game yet...
Why not? What's to lose? It's a post with names in it.
I could be wrong.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ts account wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:33 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:33 pm
ts account wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:30 pm Then I do not want to play this game yet...
Why not? What's to lose? It's a post with names in it.
I could be wrong.
Who gives a crap?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:33 pm Who gives a crap?
...Well, I do.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ts account wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:34 pm
...Well, I do.
Hiding behind that cowardice only serves to make you look worse than you need to look.

My guess:

Epignosis
speedchuck
Long Con

I could be wrong. No kidding. Any guess "could be" wrong. One has to try. You're about to lose nutella and I, and I want to know where you are before I leave.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

I am lynching epignosis. That is where I am. Tomorrow, I am leaning towards lynching speedchuck, but the strange case with Tony has made me want to re-evaluate tomorrow anyway.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:35 pm
ts account wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:34 pm
...Well, I do.
Hiding behind that cowardice only serves to make you look worse than you need to look.

My guess:

Epignosis
speedchuck
Long Con

I could be wrong. No kidding. Any guess "could be" wrong. One has to try. You're about to lose nutella and I, and I want to know where you are before I leave.
This would be my exact guess as of this moment.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 207
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Samesies
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

When I envision the prevailing attitude of this mafia team before TH's death, I think it had to be quite positive. They were fully in tact, the civilians did not seem to be settling into a sound posture and probably expected three mafia total anyway, and with four votes they could command the final lynch to close the game.

With Turnip Head dying and two avatars descending upon the land, that comfort level had to collapse quickly. A mafia team that has held itself fully together deep into a game is well-positioned to win but also at risk of a house-of-cards effect. It's difficult to get that far without forging some connections between one another publicly -- the idea is to just win before those connections are relevant.

Turnip Head opened the door for the civilians to find connections. nutella and I represented an immediate new certainty that a huge effort would be taken on to find those connections. This had to be extremely frustrating to the mafia. It was immediately visible in Epignosis's first response to our arrival: "Hey". I frankly could have lynched him after that post. I said earlier that I felt bad to some extent, because I know the mafia team couldn't predict or readily prepare for this. But here we are and we play to win.

Epi's annoyance may well translate to his teammates, as can the visibility of the connections. Epignosis and Turnip Head fit together perfectly, and many of us saw that straightaway when the investigation got started. He saw the development and threw out a desperate role claim to try to stave off the tidal wave. Eventually he submitted that he was cooked, and then promoted a little paranoia to try to shake the confidence of the civilians -- both in my specific effort and in everyone's confidence in my effort. He of course failed to address the prowess of the civilians not named JJJ -- nutella could kick his ass without my help every time.

I say all this to assert that the present morale of the mafia team is likely dampened. For that reason, low-presence among them in this thread as we fervently work to solve the game before the avatars depart, is highly compatible with such a state of morale.

speedchuck has largely left the game behind. He only briefly returned today with an extremely opportunistic attack upon Tony for his weird role claim. speedchuck is a mafioso.

Long Con has largely left the game behind. His only significant act today was to attempt to speed Epignosis through a hammer which would have silenced nutella and I. Long Con is a mafioso.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

funnygurl is the only permanent member of the roster I can fully remove from the POE. If she's bad she deserves to win.

Mikey is hanging on in the POE by a slim thread. My best efforts to paint him as bad rely on too many hypotheticals falling into place.

Tony's role claim is weird, but his insistence on it today went beyond the realm of anything I'd expect from a mafioso who doesn't need to do anything at lylo.

The best argument for Long Con is still his Day 1 vote, but that was weird in every way. Turnip Head didn't flinch at it, and with the POE where it is now, and with the roles we've seen, I do not have a hard time imagining there was a convoluted gambit in play there. Maybe Turnip Head didn't flinch because he knew what was really going on.

speedchuck has no compelling argument to be town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis currently has three votes: Long Con, speedchuck, and ts account.

His teammates want this day to be over more than the civilians do.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:26 pm Epignosis currently has three votes: Long Con, speedchuck, and ts account.

This is probably the correct read. I cannot help but be worried about Tony but it certainly does no good worrying about it today, in my mind.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con never needed to vote for himself. He'd already given leetic a town read, so he couldn't justify a vote there. But leetic pushed hard for ted to be lynched that same day, and LC never really commented on that case. It would have been a far more sensible move, regardless of his alignment, to vote alongside his prominent town read who was being lynched, rather than to plop down a self-vote to tie himself with his prominent town read. A ted vote on Day 1 would have made it a 4-4 tie between ted and leetic, rather than Long Con and leetic. That move makes no sense unless he expects to survive, and even if that is the case then he is allowing leetic to be lynched after having spent a considerable amount of time and effort producing a town read on him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:55 pmLong Con has largely left the game behind. His only significant act today was to attempt to speed Epignosis through a hammer which would have silenced nutella and I. Long Con is a mafioso.
I haven't left the game behind. I'm keeping up, I'm reading and judging things. I post things when they come to mind. I know I'm not much help. Sorry.

As for the Epi hammer penultimate vote thing, I wasn't trying to stifle conversation. I wasn't thinking about that. funnygurl had claimed to counter Epi's night action claim, and Sloonei had also refuted (since recanted, I know). I wasn't sitting in a baddie chat saying "let's bulldog this lynch quick!", I was just participating. I'm glad we didn't drop the hammer back then, because a lot of stuff has come to light since.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:26 pm Epignosis currently has three votes: Long Con, speedchuck, and ts account.

If you're afraid of a sudden hammer move, I can change the vote. :shrug2:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:00 pm

If you're afraid of a sudden hammer move, I can change the vote. :shrug2:
That is not what I’m saying.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:59 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:55 pmLong Con has largely left the game behind. His only significant act today was to attempt to speed Epignosis through a hammer which would have silenced nutella and I. Long Con is a mafioso.
I haven't left the game behind. I'm keeping up, I'm reading and judging things. I post things when they come to mind. I know I'm not much help. Sorry.

As for the Epi hammer penultimate vote thing, I wasn't trying to stifle conversation. I wasn't thinking about that. funnygurl had claimed to counter Epi's night action claim, and Sloonei had also refuted (since recanted, I know). I wasn't sitting in a baddie chat saying "let's bulldog this lynch quick!", I was just participating. I'm glad we didn't drop the hammer back then, because a lot of stuff has come to light since.
I'm not 100% you're a mafioso, so there's plenty of room still for Long Con insights. We'll be listening. If not you though, we need to know who it is.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:05 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:59 pm

I'm not 100% you're a mafioso, so there's plenty of room still for Long Con insights. We'll be listening. If not you though, we need to know who it is.
Well, if Epi is a lock, then we have a hell of a lot of time to hash it out.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 306
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

i'm hung up on tsp/speedchuck. i think it's a w/t situation
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

i think that because idk why a maf teammate would come in and call bs on another teammates claim just to qualify that claim and dip

but based on what i was thinking earlier it already looks like speed is doing his shit alone
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D1)

Post by Funnygurl555 »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:56 am [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

Today is super busy I'll catch up later.

But I maintain that self-votes are bad.
this is the best case of genuine distancing i have for speed and lc. this could've caught on. it really could've at the beginning of d2
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

my team of three's tsp/epi/lc
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

speed's biggest scum reads were turnip and lc, ftr.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:39 pm speed's biggest scum reads were turnip and lc, ftr.
Argument against speed here is that he's the player who's paid the least attention to the game, but he could very well have been 2 for 2. Does that happen naturally?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:53 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:39 pm speed's biggest scum reads were turnip and lc, ftr.
Argument against speed here is that he's the player who's paid the least attention to the game, but he could very well have been 2 for 2. Does that happen naturally?
rarely. hm, alright

the game would be solved if i could townread one of these three uggggghhhhhh man i don't trust tsp at all
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:35 pm

this is the best case of genuine distancing i have for speed and lc. this could've caught on. it really could've at the beginning of d2
I guess "genuine distancing" qualifies this in the way you intend it, but generally I see "distancing" as a term solely for use for two Mafia teammates. This is exonerating speedchuck for you?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:22 am

I guess "genuine distancing" qualifies this in the way you intend it, but generally I see "distancing" as a term solely for use for two Mafia teammates. This is exonerating speedchuck for you?
I feel like the way she meant it is reasonably clear in context and your nitpicking about the exact wording not being flawless is a bad look.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:31 am

I feel like the way she meant it is reasonably clear in context and your nitpicking about the exact wording not being flawless is a bad look.
Did I get it wrong? Why is it a bad look?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Absolutely nothing speedchuck has done or said today has made me ask myself “am I wrong about speedchuck?”

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

i couldn't find a better way to phrase it at the time so i just let it go

you're right
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 339

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:25 am

i couldn't find a better way to phrase it at the time so i just let it go

you're right
this makes me feel eh.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

That is, I agree with Nutella on LC's post. But FG, instead of answering the actual clarification question that LC sets up (which assumes that LC is scum?), instead agrees that the vocab was confusing.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I think we're fine to lynch Epi.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

what is your problem with me man
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

is Desmond more likely to be town or maf rn? I know we don't know, but what do you think nutella and JJJ?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:37 am is Desmond more likely to be town or maf rn? I know we don't know, but what do you think nutella and JJJ?
The role makes no sense to me, so I don’t think it’s wise to speculate. I don’t think Tony should use it if it’s what he says it is.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

fair. imo if another town killing role exists it prolly... shouldn't shoot. too risky
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If we were utterly clueless in our efforts to make reads right now, I might feel differently.

Today’s lynch is affirmed. speedchuck has given no inspiration to be kept alive Day 4. If we’re given a Day 5, then the suspect list ought to be pretty small. That’s not an unreasonable position for the civilian faction.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

oh ok nvm then

do u have any more words of wisdom jjj :O
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

One thing: speedchuck has entirely ignored suspicions cast by nutella and I today. It's as though we never existed. If he suddenly shows up on Day 4 when we're not here anymore, that's something I want y'all to be mindful of. And question him about.

"I'm busy, I have a baby" is not good enough. He has been in this thread and he didn't use that time in a way that I feel is trustworthy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

o7
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Can anyone who hasn’t shared a Team of 3 please do so? I’d like us all to be able to compare our results.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Correct me if this is wrong:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think the third name still needs work. Hash it out thoroughly as a team. Also be mindful that while nutella and I are gone Day 4, another civilian is also likely to be killed. The voices here will be largely squelched. Whoever is left alive, the onus is on you to do everything in your power to make the mafia regret underestimating you. If they don't kill you, it's because they think you're their ticket to victory.

Kick their ass.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I suppose we'll need to drop the hammer on this guy sooner or later. We have 2.5 hours. Don't wait for the deadline to pass; it opens the door for last-second shenanigans.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

When in doubt, just claim folks. At a certain point withholding information is pointless.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Any parting words, [mention]nutella[/mention]?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

yes, we certainly need to hammer epignosis before deadline.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I have nothing to add
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Any final questions for your benevolent deities?

[mention]Sloonei[/mention]
[mention]Funnygurl555[/mention]
[mention]ts account[/mention]
[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention]
[mention]Long Con[/mention]
[mention]speedchuck[/mention]

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

In your opinion, what is the best way to cook an egg?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”