The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 12)

Moderator: Community Team

Can Someone Finally Die?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Bass 2.0
No votes
Black Rock
No votes
DFaraday
20%
FZ.
33%
Long Con
No votes
MetalMarsh89
No votes
Sophie
No votes
Devin the Omniscient
No votes
I...Iiii...I'm Still Alive (Host, Mod, Nons)
47%

Total votes: 15
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 135

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 11)

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I really dont think timmer is Zoom.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Anyone who thinks that timmer is Zoom, and not a New Rogue should come in and make a case for another player being a New Rogue. There is a minimum of one New Rogue left, and probably at least one more after that. If it isn't timmer, then who is it?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Well, Bass and Devin both showed up. What happens now? The way I see it, there are 5 lynch possibilities (3 available) and the number of New Rogues in that group depends on how many New Rogues have been nightkilled compared to how many Indys.

Living Players:
Black Rock
Metalmarsh89
Long Con
FZ
Sophie
Elohcin became Timmer on Day 1
BirdwithTeeth became Bass 2.0 on Day 3
ika became Devin the Omniscient on Day 3.2

Lynches
thellama73 - Lynched Day 1, Barry Allen, Rezzed Day 3.1, when the day restarted, killed Night 7 by an Attack Drone from an unknown killer
Bass_the_Clever - Lynched Day 2, Double-Down
blindfaeth - Lynched Day 3.2, Golden Glider
AceofSpaces - Lynched Day 4, Professor Zoom
reywaS became MovingPictures on Day 4 - Lynched Day 5, Rainbow Raider
Made became DREAM on Night 4 - Lynched Day 6, Gorilla Grodd. Kill inherited by The Top.
Day 7 - Lynch vote tied at 4 between MM and Timmer. No one was lynched, likely that MM lost the coin flip and was unlynchable as Pied Piper.
Turnip Head - Lynched Day 8, The Top. Kill seemingly not inherited.
Soneji - Lynched Day 9, Abra Kadabra
S~V~S - Lynched Day 10, The Trickster
Day 11 - The Pied Piper messages the thread for the first time since Day 4.

Nights

fingersplints - Killed N1 by Grodd
DFaraday - Imprisoned N1 by Wally West
Epignosis - Killed N2 by Captain Cold
Roxy - Imprisoned N3 by Wally West
DharmaHelper - Killed N3 by Captain Cold
Bullzeye - Killed N4 by two separate parties. Grodd? Plunder? Item?
Night 5 - no death, shortened by Weather Wizard
Spacedaisy - Killed Night 6, The Top (?) tried to kill someone who was boobytrapped by The Trickster, and the kill bounced back, bounced off Top, and randomly killed SD.
Night 7 - Wally West tried to imprison someone who was boobytrapped by the Trickster, and survived the bounceback due to his role. The Top attempts and fails to kill Girder.
Night 8 - No kill. Darkness envelops Central City, perhaps causing the blind lynch on Day 9.
rabbit8 - Inprisoned Night 9 by Wally West
Night 10 - No kill. Black Rock and Timmer are removed from the Day 11 poll.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Draconus »

Well, I'm pretty confident with who you and Sophie are, MM. LC reads Indie to me. I'm not at all sure what to make of Bass. And my entire trust in FZ is based on her sounding sincere. Is there anyone who would think that Timmer is the remaining OR? If you don't think he's the OR and you don't think he's Zoom, who then? Just trying to get to the bottom of how I feel about FZ at this point.

Linki: There were plenty of night kills. I didn't realize just how many! Who knows just how many are left of each party. The only 2 we seem certain of are the ORs and the Detectives.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

LC, I think it was you that asked why I trusted FZ, and pointed out that multiple people were trusting her based on how genuine she sounds. How do you feel?

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I don't put as much stock in "genuine-sounding" as I do in, say, vote records, or interactions with known lynched baddies. I really don't remember what FZ's history is like, I feel like she has been playing a low-key game.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Anyone who thinks that timmer is Zoom, and not a New Rogue should come in and make a case for another player being a New Rogue. There is a minimum of one New Rogue left, and probably at least one more after that. If it isn't timmer, then who is it?
I still think we should No-Lynch and let Wally imprison Timmer tonight, and if he survives (as Girder, which I believe he is) then we lynch him tomorrow. If the game ends, we party. If not, then we lynch someone else. Wally seems to be the only one left with a kill. I don't really see the downside to that plan. You may not really care if we kill off some Indys on the way to the end, but brother - I care deeply about that subject.

Everyone who is left in the game at this point has played a good game - they are participators, they are invested, and they have put a lot of time and effort into this. No one deserves to die just because we can't hit Timmer today.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 353

Post by FZ. »

Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Anyone who thinks that timmer is Zoom, and not a New Rogue should come in and make a case for another player being a New Rogue. There is a minimum of one New Rogue left, and probably at least one more after that. If it isn't timmer, then who is it?
I still think we should No-Lynch and let Wally imprison Timmer tonight, and if he survives (as Girder, which I believe he is) then we lynch him tomorrow. If the game ends, we party. If not, then we lynch someone else. Wally seems to be the only one left with a kill. I don't really see the downside to that plan. You may not really care if we kill off some Indys on the way to the end, but brother - I care deeply about that subject.

Everyone who is left in the game at this point has played a good game - they are participators, they are invested, and they have put a lot of time and effort into this. No one deserves to die just because we can't hit Timmer today.
Like I've said before, I have reasons to be afraid of a night kill item and I imagine there could also be a deflecting item, but not sold on that one. You don't know in who's hands it will fall. So the part about Wally being the only one with a kill is not a sure thing. It doesn't take anything from the rest of what you said, but keep it in mind
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Black Rock »

I am so sorry guys, I didn't mean to be gone for so long. Essentially I have embraced the Carnie life with my food trailer and from May to October I should be crazy busy. So anyways I have caught up, I am off the poll. I wasn't expecting that but I do believe I know why. If I knew this would happen I wouldn't have done the thing I did. I certainly didn't want Timmer off the poll. I'm going to follow LC and MM's lead right now so I know I won't miss the vote.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:

That is the key word in this whole statement. Turnip Head's kill should have passed on to someone, and I fear that the new killer is waiting until the right moment to make his move. This move would also deceive everyone else into thinking there are even fewer New Rogues than there are. Call me paranoid, but this is what I'm thinking right now.

And now that SVS (The Trickster) is gone, the options for nightkills goes up.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

MM, can I ask you something? If you could have any power you desired right now (game related), what would it be?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Except it wouldn't make sense for a baddie with a kill to not use it, especially at this point. Night 8, 9, 10, the only kill was Wally's. If someone - anyone! - had received the Top's kill, then it's probably a Civvie or Indy. There's a few juicy options out there for a baddie to kill, and the noose is closing in fast for the New Rogue team. On the flip side, a Civvie or Indy would be more judicious with the kill, not wanting to hit the wrong person. Plus, the Host did not announce that the kill passed on from the Top, like he did with Grodd.

It doesn't make sense to "deceive everyone else into thinking there are even fewer New Rogues than there are". We know for a fact that there are one or more New Rogues out there. If we saw a kill, then we would still know for a fact that there are one or more New Rogues out there. I don't get your thinking here, is this what you think baddies would do?

I think the Attack Drone was clearly piloted by a baddie, because it took out the Confirmedest Civ, Llama. I think it's likely that it was an Item... as in the killing Item has already been used, and we haven't seen it again. Actually, reading the post again, it self-destructed after killing Llama. Probably a one-use Item, if that's what it was.

Linki: LOL, FZ, why - are you actually Zoom, and are going to "protect" MM tonight? I want to answer, I would like the power of lynch immunity. Like BR and Timmer have - it's a solid power at this exact point.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:MM, can I ask you something? If you could have any power you desired right now (game related), what would it be?
Me? Any role power? I think I'd go for a ressurection. Having Roxy back would be ever so nice.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Thanks for the answer, both of you, but it didn't help...
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:I think the Attack Drone was clearly piloted by a baddie, because it took out the Confirmedest Civ, Llama. I think it's likely that it was an Item... as in the killing Item has already been used, and we haven't seen it again. Actually, reading the post again, it self-destructed after killing Llama. Probably a one-use Item, if that's what it was.
You know what, that is a very good point.

Aces had BTSC with Roxy, so their dead bodies must have been near each other. timmer also had BTSC with Roxy, so he probably was nearby. Is that too farfetched an presumption?

Linki: lol, not sure what you're looking for. :confused:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:I think the Attack Drone was clearly piloted by a baddie, because it took out the Confirmedest Civ, Llama. I think it's likely that it was an Item... as in the killing Item has already been used, and we haven't seen it again. Actually, reading the post again, it self-destructed after killing Llama. Probably a one-use Item, if that's what it was.
You know what, that is a very good point.

Aces had BTSC with Roxy, so their dead bodies must have been near each other. timmer also had BTSC with Roxy, so he probably was nearby. Is that too farfetched an presumption?

Linki: lol, not sure what you're looking for. :confused:
I know, never mind
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Would there be a point in saving a power to end the day early to another day? Or should this day just end already
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Don't end the day early please. I'd rather be lynched than have you use it.

I am rereading Devin, and think he might be a worthy lynch target.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

FZ. wrote:Would there be a point in saving a power to end the day early to another day? Or should this day just end already
I don't think it makes a difference. If you want to prove yourself by ending the day, then why not end it at a time when it's convenient for you? Currently, the crossover point is somewhere around midnight-1am EST, here in Ontario. If that works for your convenience, leave it be, if not, then you can change it! :grin: It's your power, why not benefit a little?
Marmot
Marmot

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 4)

Post by Marmot »

Let's see what I can come up with after a reread of Devin.
Devin the Omniscient wrote:By Aces! :p

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the line between civvies and baddies in this game is rather blurred. I initially thought that the Arch-Villains were the most obvious baddies. I still think they are, but I just realized that we don't actually know what their win condition is.

On second thought, after rereading win conditions, the New Rogues are the most obvious baddie team. Lol.
Here's an early comment from Devin about the New Rogues and Arch-Villains. His first assumption were that the Arch-Villains were the baddies, but realizes that they are not THE baddies. I don't know what perspective this post would come from. Certainly not an Old Rogue or a Detective. Possibly an Indy Rogue or a New Rogue. Also possibly an Arch-Villain. But for the sake of this reading and the public interest, I will assume that all of the Arch-Villains are dead.
Devin the Omniscient wrote:FZ, I totally agree that it seems strange that the kills started back up (if I read your post correctly) or are coming more frequently after all of these replacements came into the game. Now being a replacement myself, let me go ahead and say that I do not have a night action. Period. I don't think I can say anymore without incurring MR's wrath. :grin:
If Devin is telling the truth, then that means he can be The Folded Man, Magenta, Girder, or Tar Pit. Now llama had Devin had BTSC, llama never went after Devin or suspected him, but it looks like he was nightkilled not long after this. So, based on my knowledge of The Folded Man's role, I will assume Devin is not he, which narrows things down to the other three.

Now if Devin is lying, he is surely not an Indy Rogue, because why lie about such things or even say it?
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I am just becoming increasingly convinced that people at The Syndicate don't truly understand how neutral independents work. I saw it in full form in Death Note and I'm seeing it again here.
Unfortunately, I was unable to participate in Death Note which makes me sad because it's by far my favorite anime series.
But rest assured, MP, you're not alone in this thinking. When I first joined up in this game, I too mentioned how blurred the lines between "civ" and "baddie" seemed. With the obvious exception being New Rogues who want everyone dead except for Indy Rogues. The rest of the win conditions are more pin-pointed to one+ factions.
So that being said, I will not be voting for you as I don't think you're bad, yet. I just think you are very misunderstood, and I'm tempted to look at those being really hard on you for this... :evileye: LC and MM
Devin kinda shifts his perspective about the different factions, and this seems like it is coming from an Indy Rogue's perspective. Of course, the discussion about these things was already happening, so Devin may have just adopted the idea.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I need to obviously go away. Sorry for spewing everywhere.

Thanks for the support, Devin, but it's clear that no one shares my viewpoint regarding this game being unconventional. I knew it was a gamble. I should have just stayed not giving a shit, it would have ensured my survival better.

Anyway, I'm pretty mixed on whether I get lynched at this point, I honestly just want to be put out of my misery, but I really wanted to play this game.
Don't say no one. Because I totally do. As I've stated before the only conventional team is the obviously bad New Rogues. But that's about where that convention ends.
I'm sorry I wasn't able to speak up sooner. Super busy day here at work.
Another post from an Indy Rogue mindset, and linked with the previous post.
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Moving my vote to Timmer because I don't want MP to go out this way AGAIN.
Kind of strange thing to say for someone who hasn't played a game on this site since Fight Club Mafia. :huh:
Sophie wrote:Mp was all over the place. At some point he was almost like confessing baddie status. I dont know why he would act like that as an independent, still dont know.
The other suspect was timmer, who i ve been reading abd thinkin about...like i said before, im reading him as civvie, but it wouldnt been the first time he fooled me, so i kept my eye on him anyway, and actually brs theory that he was mind controlling people made me think about voting for him, until....some people started "vouching" for him, wich made his claim that he is a civvie a bit more likely. It seems he has btsc with a couple of people (via map) and somehow is making peeps like th thinks he is legit. That gave me pause on timmer again. Until mp did all his act and took over the thread with thaf overwhelmingly suspiciod beahviour i still dont get.

So im still open about timmer. And i reafirm my suspicion on rabbit (i ve saying it since day 1), and would have voted him if he had 1 vote and mp didnt do what he did. I also need to rethink something about bass, based on thing i know and some of his posts.... bbl with more thoughts
I still don't care for your reasons for voting MP. But I'm leaning more towards a couple of others for the next day.
I can, at least agree with you on the Timmer and Rabbit fronts. I would be comfortable with another Timmer vote. My warm and fuzzy feelings here are very fuzzy, indeed. He's been giving off strong "civ"/Old Rogue feels and I can't help but fear they may be manufactured.
And Rabbit is certainly an odd ball. :ponder:

Lots of linki.
This isn't the first time he called timmer warm and fuzzy. Dunno how he really feels.

Devin the Omniscient wrote:I sincerely hope that your family's lucky streak doesn't continue down this path, SVS. Sorry to hear about everything going on, but glad to hear that he is okay!
Wow. 2 self votes already. What kind of baddie team strategy is this? ;)
But seriously, Before everything exploded around MP the previous day, I had intended to keep my vote on a DREAMY non-talkative player. So I'll place my vote there for now and create yet another 3-way tie. I could make a habit out of this :nicenod:
There was the lynch of DREAM as well, in which Devin was the second voter on. Devin never mentioned any suspicion of DREAM before, but I will talk more about this.

+++++++++++

A couple other things I want to mention. Timmer has voted for Devin twice now, both on Day 8 and today. I don't buy the sincerity there.I'm already certain timmer is a New Rogue. Would he toss votes on a teammate like that?

Lately, the discussion has been dominated by myself, LC, FZ, and timmer. Devin has posted a lot too, but he's done a lot of "parroting" as he has even acknowledged.

Then we get the lynching of DREAM. On Day 5, the day MP was lynched, Devin voted for DREAM so that he could help save MP, the final vote tally doesn't reflect it, but we can see the point where Devin voted for DREAM. Now the post doesn't indicate where Devin voted, but can see here that his vote was indeed on DREAM. Devin had never mentioned a suspicion of DREAM.

So MovingPictures07 gets lynched, but right before he does, I mention that I no longer trust Turnip Head, and Devin acknowledges that he doesn't trust TH either. But that 'distrust' was pretty short-lived, as Devin agreed with TH here, and even followed Turnip Head's vote on DREAM the following day.

I think the lynch of DREAM was a distraction from lynching timmer. I think the lynch of Turnip Head was the same thing. Now I know that we lynched serial killers both times, but Gorilla Grodd doesn't appear to be an ally of the New Rogues, and since the Top attempted to nightkill Girder, it seems to me that TH never had BTSC with his baddie buddies, or at least not official BTSC.

And timmer will survive yet another day.

Thoughts?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Note that we may have lynched the Mirror Master at some point without realizing it.

Not Barry "The Llama" Allen
Doubtful that it was Bass 1.0/Double Down since there's been no cursing (although we have seen long cons like this already, haven't we?)
Possibly blindfaeth, and the real Golden Glider was NK'ed at some point
Not Aces/Professor Zoom, or he would have killed Llama (or it's a long con hide out ploy)
Maybe MovingPictures, but would he have been saying the "crazy stuff" he was saying if he'd been an Old Rogue? Maybe?
Not DREAM Grodd. That kill passed on, Grodd was the real deal.
Maybe Turnip Head? I feel like that's doubtful. I feel like a reread of recent times when he was alive would not read like he's Mirror Master. Just my recollection-feel, I didn't reread his posts.
Soneji is definitely a possible Mirror Master. We have no other evidence that he was Abra, but then again the lack of evident Kadabra effects could be a telling link to Soneji. :rolleyes:
Not S~V~S.

So maybe blindfaeth, outside chance of Bass 1.0, Aces, MP07, Soneji...

Just wanted to get that stuff laid out as a reference point. Mirror Master may have been fingersplints for all we know.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I was also reading Devin as an Indy. A good Pied Piper check target though.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

It's an interesting option, and if there's another old rogue, he seems one of the most likely. Assuming there are only 3 players who need the NR dead, maybe getting rid of a potential NR who at most would end up being an indie is not such a bad option. Because if an old rogue or detective die at night for some reason, it means the new rogues would tie with us, and then the Indies could go anywhere...
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

The first sentence should read "if there's another new rogue"
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I think the main thing with Devin is that Timmer seems to be legitimately trying to take him down. Why wouldn't he just go after me instead? I don't think the game is at a point where the baddies can afford to throw a teammate under the bus, there's too many known Civvie roles out there.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Long Con wrote:I think the main thing with Devin is that Timmer seems to be legitimately trying to take him down. Why wouldn't he just go after me instead? I don't think the game is at a point where the baddies can afford to throw a teammate under the bus, there's too many known Civvie roles out there.
Then if you had to find another NR aside from Timmer, where would you look
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I voted MM.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

The places I would have looked have diminished. I think rabbit was bad, I don't think you are (although ending the day early with MM's blessing would be a nice confirmation), I certainly don't suspect MM any more, Sophie's cool, BR I am sure is Indy, and Devin reads very Indy as well. I really think that the game will end with Timmer's death.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Long Con wrote:The places I would have looked have diminished. I think rabbit was bad, I don't think you are (although ending the day early with MM's blessing would be a nice confirmation), I certainly don't suspect MM any more, Sophie's cool, BR I am sure is Indy, and Devin reads very Indy as well. I really think that the game will end with Timmer's death.
My Problem is, that I think at least 3 indies are dead. Rainbow and Abra are dead, and I'm assuming Magneta is also dead, because I can't imagine her not stopping a lynch and us knowing there's another okay person. Then, there's Bass who we all assume is indie too. That leaves only 2 indies. This means there's no way BR, you and Devin could all be indies. Someone is lying
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:
Long Con wrote:The places I would have looked have diminished. I think rabbit was bad, I don't think you are (although ending the day early with MM's blessing would be a nice confirmation), I certainly don't suspect MM any more, Sophie's cool, BR I am sure is Indy, and Devin reads very Indy as well. I really think that the game will end with Timmer's death.
My Problem is, that I think at least 3 indies are dead. Rainbow and Abra are dead, and I'm assuming Magneta is also dead, because I can't imagine her not stopping a lynch and us knowing there's another okay person. Then, there's Bass who we all assume is indie too. That leaves only 2 indies. This means there's no way BR, you and Devin could all be indies. Someone is lying
Exactly, and two of those players are up for a lynch.

Let's not forget that timmer said that DH was also an Indy Rogue, and that is actually something I would agree with him on, which will narrow down the Indy Rogues even further.

So since timmer and BR are off the table, I think we should strongly consider either Long Con or Devin for lynching today.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Exactly, and two of those players are up for a lynch.

Let's not forget that timmer said that DH was also an Indy Rogue, and that is actually something I would agree with him on, which will narrow down the Indy Rogues even further.

So since timmer and BR are off the table, I think we should strongly consider either Long Con or Devin for lynching today.
So who do you think we should go for?
LC keeps saying BR is cool. As an Indie, how would he know that?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

LC has done a really good job of looking like a New Rogue all game. But since you mention that, I have no idea.

If there are only two Indy Rogues left alive (apart from Bass that is), then what are the odds that LC is one of them and knows that BR is the other one? I mean being Captain Boomerang, Magenta, and the Folded Man have no way of knowing outside of general thread interactions (or map BTSC).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

EBWOP: LC looking like and Indy Rogue, not a New Rogue.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

All I'm asking is that you give me a chance. If the game doesn't end when Timmer dies, then by all means, open up this discussion. Just don't kill me before letting me try to win with you guys.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:All I'm asking is that you give me a chance. If the game doesn't end when Timmer dies, then by all means, open up this discussion. Just don't kill me before letting me try to win with you guys.
So why don't we lynch Devin? Would that impact your own survival?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ has just pointed out that one of you, BR, and Devin is not an Indy, which you have been suggesting lately. But that does not seem to be true at all.

So who do you think is lying? Actually, that's not the right question. They have not claimed to be Indy, as you have claimed for them. Which of Devin, or BR would you think is not an Indy, since you claim to be an Indy yourself.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I second what MM says.

LC, why should we believe you're not an NR? Why are you trying to make all the rest look like indies?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:If Devin is telling the truth, then that means he can be The Folded Man, Magenta, Girder, or Tar Pit. Now llama had Devin had BTSC, llama never went after Devin or suspected him, but it looks like he was nightkilled not long after this. So, based on my knowledge of The Folded Man's role, I will assume Devin is not he, which narrows things down to the other three.

Now if Devin is lying, he is surely not an Indy Rogue, because why lie about such things or even say it?
The way I read it, the Folded Man can choose to hide from or enter map btsc with another player upon entering the same square as him/her. I can go into more detail if you would like... Why would I want to hide from a known detective?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Moving my vote to Timmer because I don't want MP to go out this way AGAIN.
Kind of strange thing to say for someone who hasn't played a game on this site since Fight Club Mafia. :huh:
I've played plenty of MP games and games with MP to know that this happens to him a lot. The game I had in mind when I said "AGAIN" was Homestar Runner mafia.
Sophie wrote:Mp was all over the place. At some point he was almost like confessing baddie status. I dont know why he would act like that as an independent, still dont know.
The other suspect was timmer, who i ve been reading abd thinkin about...like i said before, im reading him as civvie, but it wouldnt been the first time he fooled me, so i kept my eye on him anyway, and actually brs theory that he was mind controlling people made me think about voting for him, until....some people started "vouching" for him, wich made his claim that he is a civvie a bit more likely. It seems he has btsc with a couple of people (via map) and somehow is making peeps like th thinks he is legit. That gave me pause on timmer again. Until mp did all his act and took over the thread with thaf overwhelmingly suspiciod beahviour i still dont get.

So im still open about timmer. And i reafirm my suspicion on rabbit (i ve saying it since day 1), and would have voted him if he had 1 vote and mp didnt do what he did. I also need to rethink something about bass, based on thing i know and some of his posts.... bbl with more thoughts
I still don't care for your reasons for voting MP. But I'm leaning more towards a couple of others for the next day.
I can, at least agree with you on the Timmer and Rabbit fronts. I would be comfortable with another Timmer vote. My warm and fuzzy feelings here are very fuzzy, indeed. He's been giving off strong "civ"/Old Rogue feels and I can't help but fear they may be manufactured.
And Rabbit is certainly an odd ball. :ponder:

Lots of linki.
This isn't the first time he called timmer warm and fuzzy. Dunno how he really feels.[/quote]
Yes I said this a couple of times, because it was kind of heart-breaking to see a good player act all sad and defeated. Things have changed again regarding how I am reading Timmer, and I no longer feel sorry for him.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:A couple other things I want to mention. Timmer has voted for Devin twice now, both on Day 8 and today. I don't buy the sincerity there.I'm already certain timmer is a New Rogue. Would he toss votes on a teammate like that?
If he is NR, maybe he's hoping I'll flip Zoom? Maybe vice versa. But both he and the Top voted for me the last time around. At least it started out that way.
Linki: It's started to sound to me like BR might be the culprit here...

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Slight mess up in the quotes above. Please ignore.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I need to go to sleep in a few minutes. The truth is, if LC is not a NR, I'd really hate to take him down because he's been one of the most active and helpful players, and I would hate to take the win from him. But if he is a NR, we need a way to find out. If we take Devin down, if he ends up being an indie, we know either BR or LC is a NR. Question is, can we take the risk assuming Timmer won't die

linki: Why do you think that about BR?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Like you, I would be very surprised if LC flips NR.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm switching my vote to Long Con for now.

:confused:

You saying that BR and timmer are the last two or something?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

It's possible. How else do you explain both of them being off of the poll?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:If Devin is telling the truth, then that means he can be The Folded Man, Magenta, Girder, or Tar Pit. Now llama had Devin had BTSC, llama never went after Devin or suspected him, but it looks like he was nightkilled not long after this. So, based on my knowledge of The Folded Man's role, I will assume Devin is not he, which narrows things down to the other three.

The way I read it, the Folded Man can choose to hide from or enter map btsc with another player upon entering the same square as him/her. I can go into more detail if you would like... Why would I want to hide from a known detective?
The way I read the role, he cannot gain BTSC. I guess I never considered he could choose to gain it if he wanted to.
Devin the Omnipotent wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I've played plenty of MP games and games with MP to know that this happens to him a lot. The game I had in mind when I said "AGAIN" was Homestar Runner mafia.
Well, it has actually happened in several games over the last couple months, so I guess it is not just a recent occurrence.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:It's possible. How else do you explain both of them being off of the poll?
WIFOM!!!

Dunno. If you were a baddie and you could take two players off the poll, would you take you and your teammate off?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

You're putting it on LC? Isn't it cruel? :P I would feel really really bad if we lynched him and he's an indie.

BR admitted to being responsible for taking Timmer off the poll. Would she do that as a baddie?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:It's possible. How else do you explain both of them being off of the poll?
WIFOM!!!

Dunno. If you were a baddie and you could take two players off the poll, would you take you and your teammate off?
If he was the next one up to be lynched, sure!

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
WIFOM!!!

Actually, hell yeah. Why not? I was just thinking it would be unlikely that the only bad guy here is off the poll, so there has to be someone else. But if she actually had control over it, why not?

linki: Only thing is, everyone trusted BR, so why take yourself off the poll and risk being looked at?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

FZ. wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
WIFOM!!!

Actually, hell yeah. Why not? I was just thinking it would be unlikely that the only bad guy here is off the poll, so there has to be someone else. But if she actually had control over it, why not?

linki: Only thing is, everyone trusted BR, so why take yourself off the poll and risk being looked at?
More WIFOM, but I'm thinking she may not have known it would take her off the poll, too. I don't know if the host would create something like that, though.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I feel more confident about my vote now.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”