Mass Effect Mafia (END)

Here you can participate in or spectate the crossover game with HCRealms!
- 19 players
- Semi-open setup
- Day/night cycles are 48/24
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 131

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 1)

Post by gfishfunk »

Dyslexicon wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:To extrapolate further, I highly doubt any member of a faction is going to nominate a member of their own faction as their MOST townie read. Instead, they will likely choose a person that they genuinely believe is town. I would then disjunction possible scum connections in this manner.
Effectively rendered wifom from this post? :beer:
Also, I could easily change from Nut to LC, I like his recent post on Llama, though I don't want Llama to be scum. But I think they're both town. Multifaction may make reads more unstable, but if I overthink that I'll go crazy.
'
Hence why I wanted one read, not a rainbow. Rainbows allow you to hide scum buddies with town on all levels. But pushed for one...

Not sure if it works as well after explained.
Sig block: Reserved for future epic fails.

I take things literally. See if you can find an example in my profile!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey LC!

I'm not sure what the last baddie role should I had were... there's the Champion scrimmage at least from mid last year. That might be it.
Wow, that long? Nice, I have updated meta on you then. :p
I feel like I might be forgetting one game but I can't imagine what it was, and there's no way it was recent.
Adam
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Adam »

Dyslexicon wrote:@Gfish and @Adam - Reasons for Bob as town? You're from the same site, correct?
He did a lot to kick off the day's discussion and then when he was poked about it he didn't get rattled.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Where is Epi?
Reading your latest fucking novel, Mr. King.
Do you like it? :grin:
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Dyslexicon »

gfishfunk wrote:Hence why I wanted one read, not a rainbow. Rainbows allow you to hide scum buddies with town on all levels. But pushed for one...

Not sure if it works as well after explained.
I don't really put that much stock into what people answer, but it's one way of forcing people to give reads and start thinking at least. I get the thought though.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Adam wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:@Gfish and @Adam - Reasons for Bob as town? You're from the same site, correct?
He did a lot to kick off the day's discussion and then when he was poked about it he didn't get rattled.
And that speaks for him being town based on meta/how you know him?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

@Dizzy

A guy we used to play with. A bit off the wall. Infamously hosted a Harry Potter game with two mafias (each half full of traitors) and three serial killers, affectionately referred to as "the Hogwats Chainsaw Massacre." Some of your style kinda overlaps his. Gives the others a bit of an idea what to expect.

It's not super useful (w/w stuff) considering it can't clear and the scum teams are. It's not entirely useless, though. Worth noting.

@Bob
Yes, I'm avoiding the subject. You sound like paranoid version Silver/Nifty/Skullbro/Grinner. Everything Jack does is an evil plan. Not worth discussing. Not worth a vote on you either, though it does worry me cause you isually don't act this way.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 27

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote: You remember? Your go-to ploy to try and trip me up, make me look bad? Let me refresh your memory:
I can't make you look bad, LC. Only you can make yourself look bad.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 137

Post by DrWilgy »

Dizzy beat me to it.

Gfunk, all this does is set up Wifom for baddies and give uneeded info to mafia teams.

If you'd like to trigger discussion via this method, this is not the way to do so.

We hunt baddies, not civilians. My civ reads are mine to have but not to paint targets.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 27

Post by thellama73 »

DrWilgy wrote:Dizzy beat me to it.

Gfunk, all this does is set up Wifom for baddies and give uneeded info to mafia teams.

If you'd like to trigger discussion via this method, this is not the way to do so.

We hunt baddies, not civilians. My civ reads are mine to have but not to paint targets.
I like this post. Civ reading Wilgy now.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote: You remember? Your go-to ploy to try and trip me up, make me look bad? Let me refresh your memory:
I can't make you look bad, LC. Only you can make yourself look bad.
Nice, what is that, an altered version of your favourite cliché, "I can't make you bad, only your role card makes you bad"? Except the way you are trying to use it here is profoundly untrue. As if a baddie has never tried to make a Civilian look bad. :confused:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

thellama73 wrote:

I like this post. Civ reading Wilgy now.
I can't tell if you are jist being a smart ass or not :ponder:
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

OK, caught up (I read pretty quickly but enough to see some interactions and opinions). Gonna try my hand at an MP-style POE rainbow, since I mostly have some civ-ish reads/people I'm probably not wanting to vote for in the near future versus people I'm pretty neutral/unsure what to think of.

colonialbob
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
Long Con
MovingPictures07

Adam
CaptainNifty
Dom
Epignosis
Fredwood
gfishfunk
Immortal_Raven
Jackofhearts2005
Silver Lantern
sprityo
S~V~S
thellama73
TonyStarkPrime

Some of these I kind of lean slight town on -- Llama, SVS, Gfish, Jack, and maybe Dom (I agree with Llama's assessment that his questioning is his typical civ style, but I need to see more from him). But these players I could kind of go back and forth on and can see an interpretation of them as bad.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Do you find that the mafia often kills off your town reads?

/devil's advocate
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote:OK, caught up (I read pretty quickly but enough to see some interactions and opinions). Gonna try my hand at an MP-style POE rainbow, since I mostly have some civ-ish reads/people I'm probably not wanting to vote for in the near future versus people I'm pretty neutral/unsure what to think of.

colonialbob
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
Long Con
MovingPictures07

Adam
CaptainNifty
Dom
Epignosis
Fredwood
gfishfunk
Immortal_Raven
Jackofhearts2005
Silver Lantern
sprityo
S~V~S
thellama73
TonyStarkPrime

Some of these I kind of lean slight town on -- Llama, SVS, Gfish, Jack, and maybe Dom (I agree with Llama's assessment that his questioning is his typical civ style, but I need to see more from him). But these players I could kind of go back and forth on and can see an interpretation of them as bad.
Why do you think Dizzy is town?

What about SVS and Dom kinda makes you think they are town?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
nutella wrote:OK, caught up (I read pretty quickly but enough to see some interactions and opinions). Gonna try my hand at an MP-style POE rainbow, since I mostly have some civ-ish reads/people I'm probably not wanting to vote for in the near future versus people I'm pretty neutral/unsure what to think of.

colonialbob
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
Long Con
MovingPictures07

Adam
CaptainNifty
Dom
Epignosis
Fredwood
gfishfunk
Immortal_Raven
Jackofhearts2005
Silver Lantern
sprityo
S~V~S
thellama73
TonyStarkPrime

Furthermore, why do you think (even lightly) Bob, GFish and I are all town?

GFish is probably my top scum read. I'm Bob's top scum read.

We're all wrong townies eh?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Do you find that the mafia often kills off your town reads?

/devil's advocate
No, but I think that's due to my status as the town fool. People often disregard what I say.

Also my means of thinking just seems to be different from others, and thus my thought processes are lost.

I know that as a baddie, I look for civs who are synergizing. Especially so when ilthere are multiple baddie teams, as I am hunting them as well.

The reason why I have such an issue with gfish is because from what I can tell, they are a smart person. I personally had a thought similar to them and almost asked "who would you be sad about being lynched?" But then I realized I wouldn't gain anything from this.

Gfish thinking they could gain something from this seems and feels faulty. It is a portal to WIFOM land and a wild ride that I don't wanna be a part of. The fault is increased when you look at the persistence upon this.

I think Gfish wanted to raise a subject that doesn't acconplish much, other than to look like they wanted discussion. If the baddies use this discussion as a means of targeting players is irrelevant to the faulty discussion.
Image Image Image
Adam

Post by Adam »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Adam wrote:
And that speaks for him being town based on meta/how you know him?
Yes, in my experience, mafia Bob is less likely to be the one encouraging discussion.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I already explained about Dom. Dys I just sort of auto trust and I like their participation thus far. I also get a pretty good vibe from SVS but she can be a sneaky feb. Bob and Gfish both I have mostly agreed with MP's assessments of (Bob reads like a supatown; Gfish I felt weird about a couple times with his focus on meta reads etc but like MP I've decided he's just coming from a different culture/idea of effective scumhunting/content generation.) You I get a similar feeling as in phenon but based on people's meta on you im not sure that it's alignment indicative.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Unfortunately I should probably vote now even though I don't really have a strong candidate yet because I really shouldn't get on during work. Gonna go with Epi because I really expect a lot more participation from him. I feel bad because he may just have been busy and missed discussion but I don't know who else to vote for atm.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

@Dizzy

Careful? Not especially, no. I'd describe myself as an analytical player, and I count understanding the meta I'm playing in as part of that. Especially given that the first few games like this over on the Realms had D1s largely dominated by meta discussion regarding lynching strategies, and it's not a format I'm especially familiar with.

@Jack

Not what I said. I said It's not necessarily scummy but it's definitely something scum-Jack would do. Do you disagree with that assessment?

2 hours to deadline. Let's throw down some votes, people. Let em move around a little.

Apparently I'm going to need to start bringing my phone charger to work.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alright, think I'll unvote Bob. Don't know quite where to move my vote. Concidering Gfish and Llama. Votes are very spread out. That's fun, but directionless. So many people not voting.

Vote Gfish

For now.

@Jack, any reason you aren't voting anyone even if you have a scum read in Gfish?
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

As per typical style here on The syndicate, we receive a flood of poss as day comes to a draw. Not sure what time day ends, but if it's EST that leaves me with 2 more hours to catch-up and eat my pizza

I'll provide what I can in the night if I manage to not catch up in time
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dyslexicon wrote:Alright, think I'll unvote Bob. Don't know quite where to move my vote. Concidering Gfish and Llama. Votes are very spread out. That's fun, but directionless. So many people not voting.

Vote Gfish

For now.

@Jack, any reason you aren't voting anyone even if you have a scum read in Gfish?
At least we have individualistic reads ot seems for those who voted.

What is the primary reason for your read on gfish and llama. Give me one sentence for each.
Image Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

colonialbob wrote:@Dizzy

Careful? Not especially, no. I'd describe myself as an analytical player, and I count understanding the meta I'm playing in as part of that. Especially given that the first few games like this over on the Realms had D1s largely dominated by meta discussion regarding lynching strategies, and it's not a format I'm especially familiar with.
Yeah, fair enough. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My suspicion of you has been fading with what others have been saying.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 145

Post by S~V~S »

OK, just walked in the door. Will catch back up to where I left off this afternoon, damn this thread picked up fast! Two full pages of new posts and I am set up at 60 posts per page.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

DrWilgy wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Alright, think I'll unvote Bob. Don't know quite where to move my vote. Concidering Gfish and Llama. Votes are very spread out. That's fun, but directionless. So many people not voting.

Vote Gfish

For now.

At least we have individualistic reads ot seems for those who voted.

What is the primary reason for your read on gfish and llama. Give me one sentence for each.
I honestly don't have much. Gut for Gfish which is basically doubting that the hunting he's doing is sincere. And for Llama I'm following LC and the fact that I don't particularly like Llama's comebacks.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Let's talk a little more about the Syndicate meta: Is it typical for Long Con and llama to butt heads like this?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I'll just drop a post every few quotes or so as I read.
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:How about some serious reads, Llama?
Serious reads? Okay.

I distrust Bob and Long Con.

As much as I hate to say it, I think Dom is civ.

I like Dyslexicon, and would be surprised if he/she/it is mafia.

You seem a little testy, which is a good look for you, usually.
Why do you think Dom is civ? I have problems telling at times, with the way he just rapid fires questions out like he does, good or bad.

MovingPictures07 wrote:I don't know the HCR people really, so I'll just develop those assessments based on how I feel about them largely within this game. So this list will be more so a meta list for those I know and a first impressions and likely more relevant to actual reads list for those I do know.

Re: the Syndicate people, just a general disclaimer that these are my general assessments of these folks, and that I do not vouch for their universal accuracy or agreement with how other players may view them.

Syndicate folks:
Dom - Depends on how busy he is, which can affect his posting frequency and general effectiveness, but nonetheless contributes well even under limited pressure. Dom always likes to poke and prod, asking questions, typically ones that no one else thinks to ask, which can be a source of suspicion but also of unique and great insight.

DrWilgy - Loves to play with WIFOM and general mindfuckery. Loves to make gambits and play with an air of unpredictability and I'd say he always with a carefree demeanor. Tends to be a bit more susceptible to paranoia as a member of the town. His contributions can be underrated unfortunately, however, due to his demeanor.

Dyslexicon - Carefree and fun. Often suspicions are built around a healthy dose of tone-based observations and paranoia, but don't let that fool you into thinking Dizzy is a one-man pony; Dizzy can make some very analytically-driven insightful observations as well. I'm not sure I can say much as to differences between Dizzy's town and mafia game since I've only played 1 cycle of a game with a mafia-aligned Dizzy.

Epignosis - Assertive, bold, and confident. May become a thread leader, especially when no such leader doesn't already exists. It's not necessarily out of character for him to post less, especially on D1, though if he's busy and sometimes he likes to observe and then pounce once he sees something to interrogate or a way to get a reaction. Likes pressuring players. Likes to build proper cases, which can range from incredibly detailed and researched meta observations (some of the best I've ever seen), to grammatically-driven analysis (he is an English teacher after all), and to heavily analytical voting record insights and post behavior interpretations. He is a straight shooter, but don't put any sort of gambit past him either. I would say he's very difficult to sort into town or mafia generally, especially based on meta, but I think I have noticed a slight trend in that he tends to tunnel more when mafia and be more likely to work with and consider fellow town reads' thoughts when town, even if he's always stubborn.

Long Con - Crafty, cunning, and one of the most convincing liars you'll ever meet (when he's bad, but occasionally when he's town as well). He can be prone to make observations that come from a unique mindset as well which can get him into similar situations as Dom; it can present him with unwarranted suspicion but also with an intriguing and valuable perspective into other players' behavior. His game is an incredibly mechanical game of deception when he's mafia; I'd say less careful and more 'heart on the sleeve's when he's town. Across both alignments I'd say he may be more apt to put stock into meta assessments than the average Syndicateer, and that he's better at using meta to his advantage when developing reads than most.

nutella - Reasonable and insightful, usually all the while keeping a reasonable post count (unlike yours truly, who needs too many posts to make his points). Unfortunately I'd say she is often misunderstood and mislynched as town, which is a shame, because she can really outplay the field when she's firing on all cylinders (see: Phenon). Sometimes she can become boxed in by uncertainty, talking herself in and out of thoughts about someone, and a lack of assertive reads, but I think these can all be incredible strengths and often are. nutella is always very quick to recognize when she might be tunneling or have an unreasonable expectation of someone's behavior, and I think that's an incredibly strong trait, especially when she's town. When she's mafia I think she displays a bit more confidence and tunneling, and I think people are too willing to trust her when she's bad and the reverse when she's not for some reason, so watch out.

sprityo - Like Dizzy, I don't have quite the extensive meta history with sprityo as I do the other Syndicate players on this list (whom I've played and witnessed many games from), but don't get me wrong; he can be a very formidable asset in this community just like Dizzy. Unfortunately I would say sprityo has a tendency to get lynched early in games in general, which is a shame, because as the game continues I feel he develops a better footing and gradually becomes more talkative and analytical, whereas early on in games he can be more quiet and tone-based. I would say he is a unique strength in an ability to wrap his head around very complex role madness setups. Hell, just look no further than the clusterfuck (Phenon) he just hosted if you don't believe me.

S~V~S - An incredible adversary, S~V~S and I almost never see eye to eye. :p But that's just because she approaches this game in a very different way than I do, and that's probably a good thing since I'm not very good. She's a brute force of insightful tone-based assessments, able to draw insight from even the simplest tone tick that ends up being accurate a stunning amount of the time. As town I'd say she tends to be a bit more emotionally tumultuous in her tone, and like LC, less careful and mechanical. She is also assertive and prone to tunneling across both alignments, but perhaps a bit more assertive and tunnely as town than when mafia. Don't let that persuade you from taking her seriously though; usually there's a good reason she won't let something go as town, and she is very good at conversing with other players, especially those she town reads, and taking what they have to say into consideration. But watch out, she'll pull the wool over everyone's eyes as mafia; she's a serious FEB.

thellama73 - Supatown. Very assertive with his reads, very tone-based and meta-based, especially early on in games, then later can drift more towards vote analysis. Loves reaction baiting and gambits. Doesn't post with as much frequency as he did when he first started playing mafia, but he contributes plenty with each post, even if many times it's with reaction baiting. As I mentioned earlier, I would say he is a bit more carefree and willing to throw out crazy statements when town, but he's capable of anything when bad, so don't put anything past him. Historically he also loves to distance from and bus his teammates, so never exclude him from suspicion even if he has a stellar voting record. An incredibly cunning baddie.
HCR folks:
Adam - Inquisitive, I like it. Seems reasonable, down-to-earth, insightful while avoiding verbose posts.

CaptainNifty - I like that he threw out a read with his first post even if he was late to the party. That shows initiative. Very clear with his thoughts and reads.

colonialbob - Talkative, seems we may be likely to see eye to eye and/or mindmeld due to similar perspectives so far. I like that he seems to be actively solving the game to the best of his ability.

Fredwood - I subbed into Phenon, but was able to play with Fred a bit there. He seemed a bit shy, but was nonetheless a very adept and capable player. Not sure yet how I feel about him this game, looking through his 6 posts leaves with me little to assess.

gfishfunk - Bold, aggressive. I think we got off on the wrong foot, and I'm still not entirely sure what to make of him, but I love the effort that he's putting forth.

Immortal_Raven - Hard to tell so far with only 3 posts with almost no game-related content; I look forward to hearing more. :)

Jackofhearts - I'm most familiar with JOH, but somehow I don't think we've played together for that many game cycles even across a few games now. Very good at game solving, talkative, willing to question anyone about anything.

Silver Lantern - I didn't really get to interact with SL in the Phenon game; I think he was dead when I replaced in. I haven't gotten a handle on him here yet either, but he seems reasonable, inquisitive, and nice. I like his activity.

TonyStarkPrime - Pretty much no content here. Come on and post more, TSP, so I can get to know you and play with you!
I'm really looking forward to playing with all of you HCR folks and being able to write a much better meta list next time around, even if I won't actually do it. ;)
I am really glad you did this; the detail is what I would expect from you.

Linki @Adam, No, not in general.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote:Unfortunately I should probably vote now even though I don't really have a strong candidate yet because I really shouldn't get on during work. Gonna go with Epi because I really expect a lot more participation from him. I feel bad because he may just have been busy and missed discussion but I don't know who else to vote for atm.
Don't you see any value in my meta case on Llama?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Hazelnut Spreaaaaaad! Somethin I'm trying to understand fron you is your methodology for reading me. The past three ganes have been the following-
Town Hazelnut reads bad Wilgy (who was town)
Town Hazelnut reads unknown Wilgy (who was town)
And currently ??? Hazelnut reads town Wilgy.

Can you explain Phenon, Currents and now?
Image Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

colonialbob wrote:@Dizzy

@Jack

Not what I said. I said It's not necessarily scummy but it's definitely something scum-Jack would do. Do you disagree with that assessment?

2 hours to deadline. Let's throw down some votes, people. Let em move around a little.

Apparently I'm going to need to start bringing my phone charger to work.
If I voted for players based on what scum them would do while ignoring what town them would do, I'd vote for you in every game.

This is what you said.
colonialbob wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Re: the orange [gfish/MP interaction] did you not read the back and forth or did you read it and not find any value in it with regards to developing reads?

Can you elaborate on your Jack read just a bit? In what post(s) do you feel he's trying to steer with nefarious intentions?

What don't you like about Llama specifically and why?
Hadn't read it at the time of posting. Caught up and it doesn't really change my reads. Reads like a stronger version of llama/me, in which a style clash leads to reads that may or may not be accurate.

I didn't care for his MP posting, didn't like his second vote on me (second vote so early with little justification). I see jumping on an early train like that as a low-risk scum move. Throw down a vote, appear helpful, maybe get enough pressure on a townie to out them. He's made contributions since then, I suppose. Like I said, I think this might end up being a stylistic thing.

Jack feels like he's steering people's perception of unfamiliar players. By inserting himself as knowledgeable about all the players, he gets to spin their actions. It's not necessarily scummy, but it's absolutely something I'd expect him to do as scum.
colonialbob wrote:Voting Jack for aforementioned reasons, plus he's responded to lots of other folks but not my posts about him. Avoiding the subject?

Dizzy, I've got to run, but I'll come back to address your post about me.
First post doesn't jive with the second.

Am I doing a thing that's not necessarily scummy or am I your top scum read?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Adam wrote:Let's talk a little more about the Syndicate meta: Is it typical for Long Con and llama to butt heads like this?
Not uncommon, I'd say. We're not exactly the types to auto-Civ-read each other.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 167

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Where is Epi?
Reading your latest fucking novel, Mr. King.
Do you like it? :grin:
I thought its very existence was bewildering: I recall you saying those lists were a waste of time that could better be spent figuring out mafia.
nutella wrote:Unfortunately I should probably vote now even though I don't really have a strong candidate yet because I really shouldn't get on during work. Gonna go with Epi because I really expect a lot more participation from him. I feel bad because he may just have been busy and missed discussion but I don't know who else to vote for atm.
A revenge vote, eh? ;)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Vote Gfish

For now.

I like to vote once and I'm weighing my options. :p

Voted early in Phenom and got shot for my troubles.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Can you elaborate at all on the Bob, LC, and Dom reads? I need to understand your thought processes there, especially with Dom, because he's only been around in a very limited fashion and I currently have my vote on him.
Happy to!

Dom first. I love this post by him. I can't see mafia Dom making this post, calling out useless information.
Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:Hey there everyone. Does this game involve all the ME games or only the latest one?
Why, is your role from the latest one?

How familiar are you with the games? I am 100% unfamiliar. :ponder:
I have no idea if my role is from the latest one or not. I am also 100% unfamiliar. Well 95%, cause I know it has something to do with space, and the main person is called Shepard.
And you do know there are multiple games, and know enough about it to ask this question.

Not sure why this would be suspicious, but it does get my attention. Only thing so far, really.

MP, have you played at the HRC forum?
why is this attention worthy? do you play mass effect?

Bob: I was suspicious of his efforts to please the native folk here, and I didn't like how he responded to my vote for him. "I'm glad people are voting even if it's for me!" To me, thta sounded forced-casual.

Long Con: I think his asking me questions he already knows the answers to, especially given how many games we have played together, seems out of character, and is not something I associate with civ Long Con.

Also, fishface is being disingenuous. He says I am not adding any content, which is blatantly fake news. I am giving reads all over the place.
Now see, I have seen Dom making posts exactly like this bad or good.
gfishfunk wrote:Here is an idea. (I post them as I think of them)

Post ONE player you think is likely town. Very simple. If you say yourself, I vote for you.

mine: colonialbob.
Long Con~ he has a certain tone when he is bad that is totally absent here so far.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 131

Post by gfishfunk »

DrWilgy wrote:The reason why I have such an issue with gfish is because from what I can tell, they are a smart person. I personally had a thought similar to them and almost asked "who would you be sad about being lynched?" But then I realized I wouldn't gain anything from this.

Gfish thinking they could gain something from this seems and feels faulty. It is a portal to WIFOM land and a wild ride that I don't wanna be a part of. The fault is increased when you look at the persistence upon this.
We obviously have different styles and different approaches.

Right now, the difference is that I am generating information and holding them to it while you are criticizing me for generating information and holding people to it. You might be correctly criticizing me for it, but what I am doing is far more helpful. Information is information. To me, the answers themselves matter very little. Instead, the discussion about it, the trends in reporting, and the people who don't respond provide information.

Everyone said earlier that its too quiet, people aren't posting, whatever. I have started several info-gathering expeditions. If you don't like what I am doing, then do a better job than me.
Sig block: Reserved for future epic fails.

I take things literally. See if you can find an example in my profile!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Silver Lantern wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Long Con wrote:Anyway, as I said, voting Silver Lantern. I didn't particularly like his response to my comments on the S~V~S thing.

I also am suspicious of Dizzy and Llama, for their "kill MP day 1" "jokes". Just reminds me too much of Macdougall in the Champs game, and the "joke" that fully meta-caught him.
You've already played a game with me, so either you didn't read anything I posted that game, or you're willfully ignoring my propensity and reputation for volatility. Either way, that's scummy behavior IMO.
Yeah but you're not doing much, which is scummy.

Something something. Broken clocks.
I am actually reading these meta lists, which is way more than I usually do... :rolleyes:

I would like to see some of the Non HCR people should do some lists on the non HCR players to give the HCR players some idea on general player play styles.
MP did an excellent one, I quoted it a few posts of mine back. I may or may not have time before deadline, but I will most def do one during the night.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:I like to vote once and I'm weighing my options. :p

Voted early in Phenom and got shot for my troubles.
Why only once? I don't understand the reason for that, can you explain it to me?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 167

Post by Epignosis »

gfishfunk wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:The reason why I have such an issue with gfish is because from what I can tell, they are a smart person. I personally had a thought similar to them and almost asked "who would you be sad about being lynched?" But then I realized I wouldn't gain anything from this.

Right now, the difference is that I am generating information and holding them to it while you are criticizing me for generating information and holding people to it. You might be correctly criticizing me for it, but what I am doing is far more helpful. Information is information. To me, the answers themselves matter very little. Instead, the discussion about it, the trends in reporting, and the people who don't respond provide information.

Everyone said earlier that its too quiet, people aren't posting, whatever. I have started several info-gathering expeditions. If you don't like what I am doing, then do a better job than me.
I like fishfunk's spunk.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hour and a half left. I am not at all likely to consider moving my vote from Llama.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
colonialbob wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Re: the orange [gfish/MP interaction] did you not read the back and forth or did you read it and not find any value in it with regards to developing reads?

Can you elaborate on your Jack read just a bit? In what post(s) do you feel he's trying to steer with nefarious intentions?

What don't you like about Llama specifically and why?
Hadn't read it at the time of posting. Caught up and it doesn't really change my reads. Reads like a stronger version of llama/me, in which a style clash leads to reads that may or may not be accurate.

I didn't care for his MP posting, didn't like his second vote on me (second vote so early with little justification). I see jumping on an early train like that as a low-risk scum move. Throw down a vote, appear helpful, maybe get enough pressure on a townie to out them. He's made contributions since then, I suppose. Like I said, I think this might end up being a stylistic thing.

Jack feels like he's steering people's perception of unfamiliar players. By inserting himself as knowledgeable about all the players, he gets to spin their actions. It's not necessarily scummy, but it's absolutely something I'd expect him to do as scum.
colonialbob wrote:Voting Jack for aforementioned reasons, plus he's responded to lots of other folks but not my posts about him. Avoiding the subject?

Dizzy, I've got to run, but I'll come back to address your post about me.
First post doesn't jive with the second.

Am I doing a thing that's not necessarily scummy or am I your top scum read?
I would expect you to post some type of meta-list either way. The way you posted the list and then followed up by interpreting Realmser's posts struck me as something you *may* do as town but something you'd *almost certainly* do as scum. The way you ignored my suspicions while answering every other mention of you also struck me as scummy, hence the vote.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

gfishfunk wrote:

If this were true, I doubt you would've posted the following -
gfishfunk wrote:To respond to DrWigly - The bolded players either have a similar read to others or copied other random folks for their own reads. Late posts showing new highly town reads appear more genuine to me. Refusal to participate is neither here nor there but depends on reasoning.

To extrapolate further, I highly doubt any member of a faction is going to nominate a member of their own faction as their MOST townie read. Instead, they will likely choose a person that they genuinely believe is town. I would then disjunction possible scum connections in this manner.
With this post, you effectively gave anyone that you'd be hunting a way out. A means of seeing what you want and giving it to you. You nullified your hunt at my opposition.

Why? All that information you were gathering is null beyond this post.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

To further your "generating information and holding people to it" approach that is faulty is that civs are malleable.

How do you hold something up to a malleable being? It's like leaving play doh in the sun and calling it wrong for drying up and changing form.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

To point something else out while it is hot.

You are looking at late to end game already gfish. This is a baddie tenancy.
Image Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Long Con wrote:Hour and a half left. I am not at all likely to consider moving my vote from Llama.
This little time left and only 8/19 people voting at all. Wtf?

@Anyone not voting - Why are you not voting?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

My choices for already voted players are:
Dom
Epi
GFish
LC
Llama

My top suspects are:
Bob
Nut
(fairly large gap)
GFish
(additional fairly large gap)
Llama

Nobody else seems to be scum reading Bob or Nut and I'm not that frigging confident of my reads to push heavily, especially since there's a fair amount of suspicion based on very recent posts that may go unanswered at day end. I'll be voting GFish in a bit unless someone convinces me otherwise.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

colonialbob
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
Long Con
MovingPictures07

Adam
CaptainNifty
Dom
Epignosis
Fredwood
gfishfunk
Immortal_Raven
Jackofhearts2005
Silver Lantern
sprityo
S~V~S
thellama73
TonyStarkPrime

Furthermore, why do you think (even lightly) Bob, GFish and I are all town?

GFish is probably my top scum read. I'm Bob's top scum read.

We're all wrong townies eh?
OK, I kinda hate this post. It feels kind of interrogation-ish, that little snide "eh?" at the end. Me no like. I have to go and reread some more of your posts, but I don't recall you doing this to everyone. If you have, forgive me.

For now I am going to drop a vote on you; depending on what I see in my reread of you it might change.

*Vote JackO'H*
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

FWIW gfish's play reminds me of a vanilla game on the Realms in which he was Town.

That game was also nearly 2 years ago (!) and one of the few vanilla games we have had, so I'm not sure how useful this info is. But his play here strongly reminded me of that game, so I thought I'd go see what his alignment was.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Nobody else seems to be scum reading Bob or Nut and I'm not that frigging confident of my reads to push heavily, especially since there's a fair amount of suspicion based on very recent posts that may go unanswered at day end. I'll be voting GFish in a bit unless someone convinces me otherwise.
Did you already talk about your scum read on Nut? Why?

Return to “Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate crossover”