Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 499
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:38 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:37 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:29 am Straight answers might give you answers, but it doesn’t give me any.

Don’t try and catch me in semantics. It’s not a game I’ll play. If you can answer my question (and yes, anyone who has read my iso ought to be able to), then I’ll beloeve your questions are in good faith. Right now I don’t - I think they are just to generate content. None of the questions you’ve asked me have any meaning - you’re trying to push me into defending the idea that I can believe sig has a bad read on mp while holding my own town view. I can hold both those views at once, and I’m not going to let that be used against me.
Golden is town.
Eat shit.
:haha:

Missed you too, man.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:04 am FYI Golden I am trying not to tunnel you I have just seen a whole hell of a lot of stuff I have felt strongly enough to have to object to from both you and MP.
Dude, not only are you tunnelling me, I’m giving you every tool you need to stop career tunneling me and you’re promising you’ll never stop. You’re doing the very identical thing to Star Wars, you’ve just forgotten it. I really hope one day you learn my meta because we could be an effective team if you learn to read me a bit better.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:45 am Playing as Mafia 101

Professor Mac:

"Here are 5 common scum tropes that somehow always work on people:

Do you really think I would do X if I was bad?
Fuck this, I'm out
You never read me correctly
Would I have really bussed Steve in that situation?
This isn't my scum meta

Thanks for attending. You all get a c because I am a shit professor."
Those types of statements historically always got me lynched, but I guess I usually said those things as town and not scum. :p
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 288

Post by MacDougall »

In case you didn't believe me about the Pingometer. I was even so excited about it I decided to all caps the title.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:47 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:45 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:54 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:36 pm FTR, dunya, I'm just trying to get inside your brain here. I presume you're doing the same with me. I'd like to trust you, but the jury's still out for a little bit here.
Not a fan of the bolded.
Explain.
Dunno why you'd like to trust her. Don't know why you feel the need to say it. Feels like trying to pacify Dunya. Wouldn't you rather distrust her and then lynch her?
You and I solve the game in opposite ways. I hate hunting for scum. I'm awful at it. It stresses me out. I've had plenty of games where I ended with egg on my face because my grand theories about who were bad couldn't possibly be more wrong. In contrast, I feel like I'm halfway decent at establishing a network of solid town reads, reassessingn them, and solving the game via POE. I feel much more comfortable in my hunting for town and mafia when I have a network of other townies solving with me who can give me feedback in real time and vice versa. All of this doubly so in early stages of the game; later on I inevitably get heavily pinged by posts and dogpee all over people, but in Day 1 I try to actively fight my urge to that because my early game accuracy is abysmal.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:08 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:04 am FYI Golden I am trying not to tunnel you I have just seen a whole hell of a lot of stuff I have felt strongly enough to have to object to from both you and MP.
Dude, not only are you tunnelling me, I’m giving you every tool you need to stop career tunneling me and you’re promising you’ll never stop. You’re doing the very identical thing to Star Wars, you’ve just forgotten it. I really hope one day you learn my meta because we could be an effective team if you learn to read me a bit better.
I am standing by my read of you and deflecting points raised that I do not find believable. If that is tunneling then yes I am tunneling.

You still have yet to point to a game not called Star Wars that I apparently have "career tunnelled" you in.

I have every intention to watch how you interact further throughout the game to try to rule out my perspective.

I am not so arrogant and pig headed to not appreciate that MP has some understanding of your meta that I do not have.

My read has softened thus.

I still believe that most of what you said was bullshit, but as you say, you evidently have an intentionally bullshit town game so as to win town favour, thus is the mastery of your own meta.

I am most jealous indeed.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:12 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:36 pm FTR, dunya, I'm just trying to get inside your brain here. I presume you're doing the same with me. I'd like to trust you, but the jury's still out for a little bit here.
Not a fan of the bolded.
Explain.
Dunno why you'd like to trust her. Don't know why you feel the need to say it. Feels like trying to pacify Dunya. Wouldn't you rather distrust her and then lynch her?
You and I solve the game in opposite ways. I hate hunting for scum. I'm awful at it. It stresses me out. I've had plenty of games where I ended with egg on my face because my grand theories about who were bad couldn't possibly be more wrong. In contrast, I feel like I'm halfway decent at establishing a network of solid town reads, reassessingn them, and solving the game via POE. I feel much more comfortable in my hunting for town and mafia when I have a network of other townies solving with me who can give me feedback in real time and vice versa. All of this doubly so in early stages of the game; later on I inevitably get heavily pinged by posts and dogpee all over people, but in Day 1 I try to actively fight my urge to that because my early game accuracy is abysmal.
I just tell them they played like shit if I turn out to be wrong. Helps me sleep at night.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:03 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:02 pm For the moment, Scotty unfortunately remains my sole town read. He's oozing genuine vibes and I stand by my assessment that he's putting himself out there regardless of how he thinks he'll look. He's a man who doesn't give a shit. He smells town.

I'm not entirely sure what to think of dunya, Golden, speedchuck, or Turnip Head just yet.

If your name isn't in this post, it means you've done nothing of note. It's Day 1 now. Change that. Make those Persian bastards tremble. Day 1 is the best time to catch mafia. They're nervous. No mafia member wants to draw attention and be lynched Day 1. Get in here and give the thread your hot takes. :ohyeah:

:offtobed:
I share a town read on Scotty but I still find it very strange that you are standing by your formed read given it came primarily before you could have feasibly read him, if he is telling the truth, which I presume you think he is given he is a town read.

I found his drunk post a town ping and disregarded anything he said before that by the way.
Because I continued to find his behavior town after the fact. Did you not read that?
Nope, missed it. Please point at it.
Here you go. I realize though that the progression of my Scotty read isn't abundantly clear, so let me elaborate a bit.

I did like his olive branch statement even if he then said he hadn't read his role card, but I'd have likely pushed him back to neutral if he had done nothing else of note until now. Instead, he kept posting, and last night he was making a series of posts with hot takes in them that also felt genuine.

It's a Day 1 read still, but I feel good about it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I don't dispute your read.

I don't even think you are bad.

I am just shaking trees to see what fruit falls out.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You realise you just sent me to the very post that I quoted though right?
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Kites »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:53 am
Kites wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:29 am
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:47 am
Kites wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:21 pm hey there :grin:
Kites!

are you town?

name 1 other person you wont be voting for today. name 1 person you might vote for today.
hi there miss. I am a greek A lright
im not gonna vote myself and i might vote you :nicenod:
Explain.
a tongue in cheek comment for a silly question, still i might vote her who knows. i skimmed thru the thread while watching tv lemme come back with actual opinions when i have more time for this :D
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:01 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:58 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:53 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:36 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:34 am I want to ask you a question Mac.

You have read me as very bad on day one many times together. Have you even once ever been right? I'm getting Star Wars mark 2 vibes from you already, and I'm trying to stare you dead in the eyes right now and tell you - you'd be unwise to go down that route.
I don't care about a game that occurred two years ago and I don't care for your discrediting my points by raising it. It's irrelevant. I am reading your posts on their current merit, in context in this game. I have no meta on you or memory of you at all aside from recalling you as a good player.
BTW for the benefit of everyone else - MacDougall tunnelled me for phases on end in this game and was wrong. I'm absolutely discrediting the points he's raising by reference to it, because the reasons he was wrong in that game are basically the same as the reasons he is wrong here. In that game I happened to be independent and was deliberately setting out to avoid nightkill. In this game I'm civ, so it's not entirely analagous, but you've got to be smart about the difference between weird and bad.

Mac says he has six negative pings on me already. If that leaves him with a mafia read on me, he clearly could not also believe I'm a savvy player. That would be me walking through the mud and then leaving muddy footprints all over the carpet.
I have found many good players scum for their day one play Golden. Feeling that you are suspicious here doesn't cancel out that I recall you as a good player.

You are making a series of overly simple and cynical defenses while insisting on discrediting my ability to read you based on one game that occurred years ago.

This is day one in a very long game and I'm just playing the game the way I always do. I'm not going to just stop suspecting you because you try to brute force me with words. This is a game where the bad guys lie and twist their perspectives so relenting on my read under your current pressure would make me a weak player.

I've no doubt that you are going to win town points for the emotional tone in your posts though.

Much water to run under this bridge. Continue your play. I will continue mine. Things will occur. Hopefully truth revealing things.
Precisely why he's town.
Have never and will never accept this type of thinking. This is on par with "dude is town because he told me to fuck off". Scummy play is scummy play. If he's town and he's lynched for scummy play, then I lose no sleep. If he's scum and he wins because townies point out that him playing scummy is his town meta, then I would go Liam Neeson on everyone.
That's fair.

I gave up trying to read Golden accurately based on the content of his posts in early-game stages a while ago; for me, it's all about tone, which I generally prefer to avoid, but with Golden it's much more reliable. I wouldn't expect anyone else to try to determine his alignment that way.

I also don't agree with "scummy play is scummy play"; scummy play is only scummy if a scum player is doing it. Objectively scummy play doesn't exist. But that's an argument for another day and just reflects differences in how we view the game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:17 am You realise you just sent me to the very post that I quoted though right?
Oh, did I? Sorry, clearly I'm having trouble keeping track of everything. :haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:07 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:05 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:32 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:27 am
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:07 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:45 pm @Golden what's ur recent history? did u play/host many games while i wasn't around
kyle is being kyle with his data gathering methods. digging this.
What do you mean by this?
If I answer for her, would that be bothersome for any scum hunting endeavours you may have here?
I'm glad you asked, but no, that's fine, you can answer here too. I've not had the fortune of playing with Kyle since... the old days, so it's been a long time.
He has a persistent habit of immediately trying to dig through the initial host content to find things others might overlook. To the point where if he did not do it, it would probably attract negative attention.
Got it, thanks. Wouldn't that mean it probably ends up being NAI behavior though?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:15 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:12 am
Not a fan of the bolded.
Explain.
I just tell them they played like shit if I turn out to be wrong. Helps me sleep at night.
:haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Kites, thanks for explaining! Looking forward to your takes.

Okay, I finally caught up. I'll put together a quick rainbow list and then I have to get out of here because I have a long day of more dissertation improvements and teaching ahead of me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:20 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:07 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:05 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:32 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:27 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:45 pm @Golden what's ur recent history? did u play/host many games while i wasn't around
What do you mean by this?
If I answer for her, would that be bothersome for any scum hunting endeavours you may have here?
I'm glad you asked, but no, that's fine, you can answer here too. I've not had the fortune of playing with Kyle since... the old days, so it's been a long time.
He has a persistent habit of immediately trying to dig through the initial host content to find things others might overlook. To the point where if he did not do it, it would probably attract negative attention.
Got it, thanks. Wouldn't that mean it probably ends up being NAI behavior though?
Yes. Hence why I felt the need to tell you. Her giving him a clear for it pinged me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:02 am Besides, when was the last time you two legitimately played a game together?
Oh, forgot about this. Good question. I'm not sure. Maybe a couple years? I'd love to do some research and find out but don't have the time atm since I need to head to campus momentarily.

Don't get me wrong, all my reads, including my Golden one, are Day 1-level reads. But my read on Golden being town is as confident as a Day 1-level read can get. I'm sure I'll find a beef with something he says later. If I don't, it means he's bad, so get him. :p
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:23 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:02 am Besides, when was the last time you two legitimately played a game together?
Oh, forgot about this. Good question. I'm not sure. Maybe a couple years? I'd love to do some research and find out but don't have the time atm since I need to head to campus momentarily.

Don't get me wrong, all my reads, including my Golden one, are Day 1-level reads. But my read on Golden being town is as confident as a Day 1-level read can get. I'm sure I'll find a beef with something he says later. If I don't, it means he's bad, so get him. :p
I cannot begin to explain how differently I approach the game now than I did two years ago. On the surface people seem to struggle to see it because I am still prolific and antagonistic but I am far more thoughtful, I post a lot less (I promise) and I have forgotten tons I knew on meta. When I read old games I am baffled by how much meta I had on people.

2 years is a long ass time to have passed to be still giving a guy a pass that amounts to "is town when looks scum".
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hey, checking in, sorry I'm late.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I was starting to feel a bit better about dunya, but as I continued to catch up, I realized that her question to content ratio is pretty lacking. Like, how does she even feel about anyone other than Scotty or Dom right now? And both of those seemed a bit forced to me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:27 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:23 am

I cannot begin to explain how differently I approach the game now than I did two years ago. On the surface people seem to struggle to see it because I am still prolific and antagonistic but I am far more thoughtful, I post a lot less (I promise) and I have forgotten tons I knew on meta. When I read old games I am baffled by how much meta I had on people.

2 years is a long ass time to have passed to be still giving a guy a pass that amounts to "is town when looks scum".
That's an astute point; I'll give it consideration.

Also, FTR, I can notice the difference in your play a bit already.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello, LC!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

GTH/POE Day 1 MP Rainbow:

Strong town:
Golden

Moderate town:
Macdougall
Scotty

Slight town:
Choutas
sig
Sloonei
Speedchuck

No clue:
ColinIsCool
Dom
Epignosis
Jackofhearts2005
Kites
Kylemii
lapluie
Long Con
Lunalee
Marmot
Spacedaisy
Turnip Head
wolbre04

Not quite a mafia read but I'm wary of:
dunya
novaselinenever

If you are in the No clue section, help me and the rest of us out here ASAP! Please and thanks. It should be somewhat easier today since I'll be gone for a while. :p

Though I guess if I'm trying to GTH myself as much as possible, based entirely on tone, I guess I could move my reads of Kites, Turnip Head, and wolbre04 to the slight town section. I want to see more from them though and I don't feel comfortable committing to those because they're based on so little.

Alright, fuck with those Persians while I'm gone. I want to see scared Persians when I get back. :ohyeah:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:11 pm Actually, before I leave, I thought I should place a vote somewhere since they are changeable.

I naturally hate making scum reads this early because I'm almost always wrong at this stage and with this little thread evidence, but at this moment I'm throwing a vote at dunya. GTH she's doing exactly what I would expect her to be doing right now if mafia, and that's trying to act as if she's town but latching onto a low-hanging fruit suspect (Scotty), and from a tone POV I'm not sure I actually believe she believes what she's saying about him.

That said, I'm not sure how much of this perspective could be a result of me failing to understand where her head is at, as well as a bit of a NO U (even though I'm not even clear if she actually suspects me at all). Further, she is actually in here giving us our takes in real time which is commendable and otherwise might earn her some points from me if I was not so confused as to her POV. Consequently, I'm reserving any actual scum read until she can come in and clarify further regarding her previous lines of questioning, but I'll at least give her a vote because if I had to guess any of the active players was scum right now, it'd be her.

Okay, now :offtobed:
Catching up from the start of Day 1... just want to say at this point, I'd vote dunya as well.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Despite me also sharing suspicion of her I wouldn't want to lynch Dunya this early unless the case was very good and we were devoid of better options because of the obvious 'she is a big town loss if mislynched'. Particularly in a game with this cast.

She has a lot of content to produce town or mafia. She won't get any harder to lynch unless she wins cred by helping us lynch her teammates. I say she is worthy of giving the benefit of the doubt more often than not. Last time she rolled scum she replaced out too. She doesn't worry me too badly as Mafia but losing her town skill does worry me. Her town skill is not a myth. It is legitimate and worthy of consideration.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 462
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I am here to dismantle myself.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:01 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:49 am The one that stands out the most right now is dunya's vote for scotty - I have no history with dunya, but dunya has no history with scotty. It's possible it stands out for 'culture clash' reasons.
I dunno. I prodded Scotty for info on his personality both from Scotty and others, and backed it up with a vote. My vote and questioning his motives and sincerity has created discussion. This is a good thing. We have 48 hours; my vote's moving all over the place before I make a more informed Day 1 decision.
This post strengthens my suspicion of dunya. Votes for pressure don't have a lot of teeth when you explain them away as harmless prodders.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:50 am Despite me also sharing suspicion of her I wouldn't want to lynch Dunya this early unless the case was very good and we were devoid of better options because of the obvious 'she is a big town loss if mislynched'. Particularly in a game with this cast.

She has a lot of content to produce town or mafia. She won't get any harder to lynch unless she wins cred by helping us lynch her teammates. I say she is worthy of giving the benefit of the doubt more often than not. Last time she rolled scum she replaced out too. She doesn't worry me too badly as Mafia but losing her town skill does worry me. Her town skill is not a myth. It is legitimate and worthy of consideration.
Noted, but that's kind of a dangerous reason to keep a suspect alive.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Are players not who they are when they're bad, then?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:03 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:49 am The one that stands out the most right now is dunya's vote for scotty - I have no history with dunya, but dunya has no history with scotty. It's possible it stands out for 'culture clash' reasons.
I dunno. I prodded Scotty for info on his personality both from Scotty and others, and backed it up with a vote. My vote and questioning his motives and sincerity has created discussion. This is a good thing. We have 48 hours; my vote's moving all over the place before I make a more informed Day 1 decision.
This post strengthens my suspicion of dunya. Votes for pressure don't have a lot of teeth when you explain them away as harmless prodders.
I do the same thing sometimes... because I'm bad.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Marmot wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:08 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:03 am
I do the same thing sometimes... because I'm bad.
Me too. I think maybe it was the original Phenon when I was doing that, and I got called out correctly for it. That's precisely why I am sensitive to it now.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

wolbre04 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:13 am I feel like such a moron. I've been perched waiting for the game to start and didn't even realize it did :rip:
Don't feel too bad. That's exactly where I have been as well until an hour ago. :blush: :beer:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:46 am I don’t know where than honk escaped from lol
I thought it was clear that it was the sound of you blowing your nose, keeping it clean.
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:45 amI can have the cleanest nose in the street and be bad, that’s my talent.

MP is basically always suspectable no matter what. But I think *honk* he holds it in a little longer when bad.
:eye: :eye: :eye:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head is in this game. Is that the same Turnip Head who likes to be lynched Day 1, or a different one?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 620
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] your pingometer looks generic as fuck. You need to spruce it up with some gold stars and crossbones or like rainbow colors or whatever.

linki: Yes Marmot, it's me. :workit:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Marmot wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:18 am Turnip Head is in this game. Is that the same Turnip Head who likes to be lynched Day 1, or a different one?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Oh you like things spruced up. Here have a spruce. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:19 am @MacDougall your pingometer looks generic as fuck. You need to spruce it up with some gold stars and crossbones or like rainbow colors or whatever.

linki: Yes Marmot, it's me. :workit:
Dude I have the original release version. Full stock parts. Ain't defacing that beauty.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:05 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:50 am Despite me also sharing suspicion of her I wouldn't want to lynch Dunya this early unless the case was very good and we were devoid of better options because of the obvious 'she is a big town loss if mislynched'. Particularly in a game with this cast.

Noted, but that's kind of a dangerous reason to keep a suspect alive.
Eh I don't think so. Not day 1. Last scum game she played she went ham at several teammates out of the gate. As scum she is forced to distance to live up to her town meta.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 207

Post by speedchuck »

(response to Page 3 pings)
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:04 am
speedchuck wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:39 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:33 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:28 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:14 pm Votes are changeable :kadaj:
why marmot?

i'm leaning towards a scotty vote. is he usually sincere? is not voting for people you've never played with general etiquette? i've never played with him before but letting everyone he's never played with avoid his day 1 vote seems like a good way to seem friendly and agreeable.
Okay. A few things.

What kind of question is "is he usually sincere?" What does that even mean? Explain.

For some players, sure. Tends to be more so for LP-based players or old timers, but in my assessment it's not strikingly out of character for Scotty to say something like this if that's what you're wondering. Typically Scotty likes to vote for lower-participants or lurkers on Day 1; he usually has some sort of underlying method to his early votes.

And I can assume that you are taking this a step forward and implying Scotty is being disingenuous? Why single him out for that, instead of someone such as yours truly who has made a few posts that could be considered overly friendly so far?
First MP begins to talk. Then his words become more and more sarcastic, until he dies. When he resurrects he becomes completely pedantic.

But I'm digging his line of undead pedantic sarcastic questioning, so I'll give it a town read.
???

was MP being sarcastic with me? I just thought he was using those tags for color differences. I feel stupid now.
(Twas a joke. You are correct.)
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:05 am
speedchuck wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:40 pm
Golden wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:25 pm I was up to date with the thread briefly and it's all downhill from here.

If I had to put money on MPs alignment, it's town. Like, literally his first post pinged people. That seems like town MP to me.
Does that say anything about the people he pinged?
what does it say about us to YOU, is the question, speedchuck.
It says you are avoiding basic ans... wait, you aren't Golden.

Not answering this right now, because you freaks have posted 5 more pages of content and I'm not getting bogged down with outdated reads.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 78

Post by Lunalee »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:34 am
GTH/POE Day 1 MP Rainbow:

Strong town:
Golden

Moderate town:
Macdougall
Scotty

Slight town:
Choutas
sig
Sloonei
Speedchuck

No clue:
ColinIsCool
Dom
Epignosis
Jackofhearts2005
Kites
Kylemii
lapluie
Long Con
Lunalee
Marmot
Spacedaisy
Turnip Head
wolbre04

Not quite a mafia read but I'm wary of:
dunya
novaselinenever

If you are in the No clue section, help me and the rest of us out here ASAP! Please and thanks. It should be somewhat easier today since I'll be gone for a while. :p

Though I guess if I'm trying to GTH myself as much as possible, based entirely on tone, I guess I could move my reads of Kites, Turnip Head, and wolbre04 to the slight town section. I want to see more from them though and I don't feel comfortable committing to those because they're based on so little.

Alright, fuck with those Persians while I'm gone. I want to see scared Persians when I get back. :ohyeah:
It looks like alliance claiming is a tricky thing in this game. But I'll do my best to help you out!
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:45 am Playing as Mafia 101

Professor Mac:

"Here are 5 common scum tropes that somehow always work on people:

Do you really think I would do X if I was bad?
Fuck this, I'm out
You never read me correctly
Would I have really bussed Steve in that situation?
This isn't my scum meta

Thanks for attending. You all get a c because I am a shit professor."
I use these as town and mafia. Play enough games and you always can make one of these work. :p
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:59 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:55 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:47 amI am rather intrigued by your style of defense. It's unique. Hard to describe. I must dwell.
Try not to think of it as defence. I'm not saying any of it to save myself but to give you perspective on my posts.

I'm fine being lynched today, but it won't get the town anywhere. However, I could still win the game and notch a victory on the meta-belt.

Or you could leave me around and I could help solve the game.
OMG, the final nail in the Golden is town coffin.

Dude, we're both town. Let's do this. :slick:
I agreed with your Golden posts until this one.

Cmon, dude. That's the thing literally everyone says under pressure.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

A message to Dunya, Golden, and mayyybe Macdougall.

When someone makes a post, and it pings you, you should explain why, and elaborate when questioned. Then you (both sides) can accept what people say about you and move on to other things.

Instead, you guys have been staking your claim on said post and building beautiful multi-dimensional castles with multiple meta-arrangements that last for a hundred posts.

Just wanted to say that. I'm not going to try reading into these "he said she said" arguments. I can't follow them.

I'll bring in some reads in a moment.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:07 am
sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:42 pm I agree with people who say Scotty is looking good, but I could see why Dunya might think he's bad. Right now they're both leaning civ.
Sorry, what?
lol
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:11 am I want to hear more about Dom. He took the time to underline and magnify superfluous words in a sig post, but not what it meant to him, why he did it and what purpose he was trying to achieve. Since you share his feelings, Mac, what does it mean?
I'm supposed to derive meaning from a post that I pointed out had no meaning in the first place?
;)

That's exactly my point. Sig had a nice way of saying absolutely nothing in multiple paragraphs. Shady.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:22 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:25 am
Choutas wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:21 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:01 am
Choutas wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:00 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:33 am There now appear to be many game-relevant posts on day one. I blame MP, but I'm voting sloonei for now because yolo

[VOTE: sloonei] aubergine
This is sloppy. Yellow card for you another one and you get my vote.
Please, let me know what I need to do to get another yellow card.

But they're actually basically golden cards anyway.
Downplaying somebody's post.
Boom! I win!

I have a long history of taking votes on day one when town. You're finding out why right now. My day one record when not town is substantially cleaner.

Oops, there I go talking about my own meta. I ping myself! :suspish:

In all seriousness though, why are you voting on such basic grounds? Don't you think it would be incredibly easy for me to have played a much cleaner game to date? My behaviour so far has been virtually asking for votes. Kyle even independent read me. Don't I strike you as an 'easy vote' right now?
You are a good player and I feel like you are playing with this post.

I mean that in a bad way.
How do you mean it?
You can't criticize sig for being vague and then do the same. Just because you're using less words than he is doesn't mean it's any better.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:31 am
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:11 am I want to hear more about Dom. He took the time to underline and magnify superfluous words in a sig post, but not what it meant to him, why he did it and what purpose he was trying to achieve. Since you share his feelings, Mac, what does it mean?
Sig's post is full of opinions qualified by wishy washy nothing comments and consistently crafted to remain relatively non committal.
I think it's generous to say that it's full of opinions or anything besides fluff.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 53

Post by sig »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:22 am
sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:42 pm I agree with people who say Scotty is looking good, but I could see why Dunya might think he's bad. Right now they're both leaning civ.
Can you expand on this, sig?
Dunya made some good points on Scotty, so from her perspective I can see why she'd vote for him. However, being more familiar with his meta I disagree with her reads. So I see her reasoning and I think it's coming from a civvie approach, I just think she's wrong.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:06 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:07 am
Sorry, what?
lol
I'm supposed to derive meaning from a post that I pointed out had no meaning in the first place?
;)

That's exactly my point. Sig had a nice way of saying absolutely nothing in multiple paragraphs. Shady.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:22 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:25 am
Choutas wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:21 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:01 am
Choutas wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:00 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:33 am There now appear to be many game-relevant posts on day one. I blame MP, but I'm voting sloonei for now because yolo

[VOTE: sloonei] aubergine
This is sloppy. Yellow card for you another one and you get my vote.
Please, let me know what I need to do to get another yellow card.

But they're actually basically golden cards anyway.
Downplaying somebody's post.
Boom! I win!

I have a long history of taking votes on day one when town. You're finding out why right now. My day one record when not town is substantially cleaner.

Oops, there I go talking about my own meta. I ping myself! :suspish:

In all seriousness though, why are you voting on such basic grounds? Don't you think it would be incredibly easy for me to have played a much cleaner game to date? My behaviour so far has been virtually asking for votes. Kyle even independent read me. Don't I strike you as an 'easy vote' right now?
You are a good player and I feel like you are playing with this post.

I mean that in a bad way.
How do you mean it?
You can't criticize sig for being vague and then do the same. Just because you're using less words than he is doesn't mean it's any better.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:31 am
Sig's post is full of opinions qualified by wishy washy nothing comments and consistently crafted to remain relatively non committal.
I think it's generous to say that it's full of opinions or anything besides fluff.

My posts are amazing and filled with great things, amazing things, the best things! :srsnod:

Also I'll keep using words like odd or weird, things can be out of place and out of character, but that doesn't mean the person making the weird posts is more likely to be good or bad.

In regards to Turnip head, I found his random vote for MM weird, there's literally nothing else to add to that. It was a strange thing to do, but it seems NAI.
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Town reads:
Speedchuck
Choutas
Dom
Kylemii
Kites
Scotty
sig
Sloonei
M Plus 7

Remainders:
ColinIsCool
dunya - Dunya's questioning is all over the place, but I remember it being that way in MK and in Vocaroo. She actually ended up getting lynched for it in MK, even though she pointed out the scumteam. I can't clear Dunya on a meta read, though, because I've never played with scum dunya.
Epignosis
Golden - Has done some really towny things. I didn't even mind his meta defense, but for a couple of posts that pinged me. Those that Mac didn't point out, I already did.
Jackofhearts2005
lapluie
Long Con
Lunalee
MacDougall - Wanna see how he approaches non-golden players before assigning a townread
Marmot
novaselinenever
Spacedaisy
Turnip Head
wolbre04

Feel free to call me on any of these reads. Busy day, can't do them all, so this list is for you to pick and choose.
I'll narrow down and pick out scumreads from my remainders by tomorrow.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:57 pm
sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:52 pm Also wolbre and I are from the same original site, we've aldo played on mu once together. However, every game we've played together I've been mafia or independent so I never really bothered to learn his meta.

I don't believe he's ever been mafia and is still new to mafia as a whole compared to all of us, he's also deadily as an independent and in my opinion if he's one of those three trading guys he'll side with mafia for the lolz.
But no one asked about wolbre yet. :ponder:

Good to know nonetheless. Looking forward to playing with you, wolbre!
You gave me a ponder and said it was weird. (Ironic seeing my last posts I know)

So I took it as you being suspicious of me.

I think it was Golden who said MP posted alot and I voted on one thing, I'd disagree. I'd say I voted for him based off the entirety of our interactions. The way he responded to me giving meta on Wolbre, than prodding/kind off suspecting me, to just back off and start civ reading me after other people chimed in looks like a baddie backtracking. However, there's a good chance I'll move my vote before the end of the day.

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:02 am
sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:58 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:57 pm
sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:52 pm Also wolbre and I are from the same original site, we've aldo played on mu once together. However, every game we've played together I've been mafia or independent so I never really bothered to learn his meta.

I don't believe he's ever been mafia and is still new to mafia as a whole compared to all of us, he's also deadily as an independent and in my opinion if he's one of those three trading guys he'll side with mafia for the lolz.
But no one asked about wolbre yet. :ponder:

Good to know nonetheless. Looking forward to playing with you, wolbre!
I don't like this post its weird, light scum ping on MP
So sig is confusing 'weird' for 'bad' I think - understandable when the weird is directed at him, I think.

Sig - I think you were bad with MP in the scrimmage game, right? Did you think he was 'weird' then?
Yeah we were, I'd say no, but that's because I knew his alignment.

Something that I'm not seeing is MP playing messy at all, I'd be wary of people who are saying he is. Mainly since I'm seeing a slightly watered down version of supertown, which along with his interaction with me sets off the alarm.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”