The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [ENDGAME]

Who killed spacedaisy...I mean, of course you know. Should he die?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 pm

DharmaHelper
40%
zeek
10%
A Person (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 463
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Night 11]

Post by Tangrowth »

I will admit, if you are that last Sorcerer, which I'm pretty sure you are, you've played a brilliant fucking game. Almost lynched on D1 and to make it to endgame? Lie your way out of so many lynches and possible ties to teammates?

Brilliant.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

The more I think about it, though, the more that DH being the last Sorcerer explains his behavior throughout the entire game so much.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 441

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:The more I think about it, though, the more that DH being the last Sorcerer explains his behavior throughout the entire game so much.
In what ways.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:The more I think about it, though, the more that DH being the last Sorcerer explains his behavior throughout the entire game so much.
In what ways.
That's a good question!

- Your opportunistic push of Made, whether or not you actually believed he was lying, does not conflict with your baddieness if you are Sorcerer (since he wasn't).

- Perhaps most notably, your suspicion of the Llama voters, and particularly Bass, gradually fell off your radar as the Dom/Bass lynch occurred, and you gradually shifted suspicion onto Dom, who you had not mentioned at all previously. I know you're not well known for throwing teammates under the bus, so this was a genius move.

- How you knew from the beginning that S~V~S wasn't Voldemort. Makes the most sense for you to defend her as "confirmed civ" this whole time; why would a baddie cast doubt on that if they ran the risk of being wrong, especially when S~V~S had some serious heat on her for a bit?

- Your genius distancing move of Snowy; as the tension built up on him, figuring he was eventually a goner, you made sure you were one of the first five or so to really throw your gauntlet behind his lynch.

- Most notably, your push of the Boomslang lynch, where suddenly within the previous cycle or so you started hinting at FoB, subtly, to try anything you could to prolong your survival -- this is most damning coupled with the facts that timmer pointed out, that dead players retained BTSC with their teammates, and that there was a huge push to convince players that there was a Seemer role, when otherwise there was no evidence of the sort. It's the kind of hail mary move that makes so much sense for a baddie team to make at this stage of the game where victory seems unlikely.

There's more, but those are the main points.

Like I said, brilliant game. I wish you could win, honestly.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
In what ways.
That's a good question!

- Your opportunistic push of Made, whether or not you actually believed he was lying, does not conflict with your baddieness if you are Sorcerer (since he wasn't).

It also has no bearing on me being a Sorcerer period, but nice try. Never seen somebody use "You suspected a baddie!" before as evidence.

- Perhaps most notably, your suspicion of the Llama voters, and particularly Bass, gradually fell off your radar as the Dom/Bass lynch occurred, and you gradually shifted suspicion onto Dom, who you had not mentioned at all previously. I know you're not well known for throwing teammates under the bus, so this was a genius move.

How exactly is it genius to vote for ones teammate as opposed to...literally anyone else? Particularly when there is only one other option. Particularly when the vote was as close as it was. How exactly is it genius to not only do that, but to ACTIVELY DRIVE SUSPICION to your teammate?

- How you knew from the beginning that S~V~S wasn't Voldemort. Makes the most sense for you to defend her as "confirmed civ" this whole time; why would a baddie cast doubt on that if they ran the risk of being wrong, especially when S~V~S had some serious heat on her for a bit?

I knew from the beginning SVS was not Voldemort because I have brain cells.

- Your genius distancing move of Snowy; as the tension built up on him, figuring he was eventually a goner, you made sure you were one of the first five or so to really throw your gauntlet behind his lynch.

Again, not seeing how this translates to me being a Sorcerer. Ask anyone, (even yourself). I don't throw teammates under the bus, and I definitely never say die in terms of trying to keep teammates alive.

- Most notably, yur push of the Boomslang lynch, where suddenly within the previous cycle or so you started hinting at FoB, subtly, to try anything you could to prolong your survival -- this is most damning coupled with the facts that timmer pointed out, that dead players retained BTSC with their teammates, and that there was a huge push to convince players that there was a Seemer role, when otherwise there was no evidence of the sort. It's the kind of hail mary move that makes so much sense for a baddie team to make at this stage of the game where victory seems unlikely.

I disagree

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 259

Post by timmer »

A study of the voting records points to DH not being a Sorcerer.

However, I cannot reconcile this with the fact that I do not see how Boomslang isn't face of boe. If he isn't, and is indeed a sorcerer, shouldn't the game be over? Tyler took over the Suits kill so that points to there being no suits left. But the sorcerers kills simply aren't happening. Which means they is still one more. Thus, Boomslang WAS face of boe. DH is either wrong, or lying.

So I see us having to do one of two things.

1. Lynch DH.

2. Lynch the non-participating players until we find the missing absent baddie.

Can anyone tell me, if the game isn't over, and if the suits kill has transferred to tyler, but the sorcerers' hasn't, how I'm supposed to believe that Boomslang WASN'T face of boe?

Like seriously, if he was a sorcerer, why isn't the game over? We've won the game, if DH is right.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Now, here's the sticky part for me.

IF DH were a sorcerer, despite the voting records, he could easily choose to not submit a kill to point to the absent players.

But, if that were the case, he would likely continue to dodge killing while we passively lynched absent players, right?

So I'm wondering if lynching an absent player who is our best guess as a bddie might be the smartest thing to do? DH could definitely be bad, because efrom my POV he seems to have been wrong about Boomslang (if he's the fourth sorcerer the game should have ended, thus he is NOT). But he could also just be wrong.
My siggie.
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 268

Post by zeek »

Called it. Interesting that Mongoose didn't try to make a big deal over Boom's lynching and cast suspicion more firmly on DH.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 291

Post by S~V~S »

Maybe Gollum is a Seemer? What did his role do in the Hobbit? Although not sure how that would account for Booms' behavior, being an Indy.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
In what ways.
That's a good question!

- Most notably, your push of the Boomslang lynch, where suddenly within the previous cycle or so you started hinting at FoB, subtly, to try anything you could to prolong your survival -- this is most damning coupled with the facts that timmer pointed out, that dead players retained BTSC with their teammates, and that there was a huge push to convince players that there was a Seemer role, when otherwise there was no evidence of the sort. It's the kind of hail mary move that makes so much sense for a baddie team to make at this stage of the game where victory seems unlikely.

I feel like you could make a case like this about anyone in the game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

:ponder:

Good points have been made.

Could it possibly be Lizzy, folks? She did pop in at some point, was it around the time Crowley killed?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I suppose we'll see if my kill and recruit get redirected tonight, considering Crowley is a redirector.

Even if they are redirected and that points to an active player, it'll screw me out of winning if we lynch a bad guy tomorrow.

So it'll be very interesting to see what happens.

I will admit it is odd: If DH were a Sorcerer, to specifically miss the last kill... it's not like it really prolongs his death. We can obviously consider that he could be setting them up, so it seems like a silly plan. And how many inactives are there left, really? Lizzy, Lorab, and reywaS? Doesn't seem worth it.

There are just things that don't add up about DH's behavior; my gut says he's bad. But I'd be willing to consider other options.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Yikes, great point about the redirect. Basically, the Sorcerer will be killing tonight. I wonder if Crowley will be sympathetic to your win condition, and try to recruit someone to help you?

Who would you LIKE to recruit tonight?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote:Yikes, great point about the redirect. Basically, the Sorcerer will be killing tonight. I wonder if Crowley will be sympathetic to your win condition, and try to recruit someone to help you?

Who would you LIKE to recruit tonight?
Well, I wonder if a redirect of my power would redirect both powers or just one or the other.

I definitely wouldn't want them to be the same target.

I could mention the recruit, but... I already sent in my recruit and kill, so I suppose I'll just find out whether one or they both get switched.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

The game WOULD be over if Boom was the last sorcerer and he was lynched, but you forget we just rezzed someone we don't even know.

"Who is Dead" I assume meant Dr. Who is Dead, which on its face makes it likely we've rezzed the Doctor. (Shut up, you already as much as said it.)

BUT

Both baddie teams have dead role checkers. It would be easy for a baddie to claim a dead role in the hopes of getting rezzed.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:The game WOULD be over if Boom was the last sorcerer and he was lynched, but you forget we just rezzed someone we don't even know.

"Who is Dead" I assume meant Dr. Who is Dead, which on its face makes it likely we've rezzed the Doctor. (Shut up, you already as much as said it.)

BUT

Both baddie teams have dead role checkers. It would be easy for a baddie to claim a dead role in the hopes of getting rezzed.
Does this mean you believe The Ghost is the last Sorcerer? That doesn't line up with the kill on N8, however.

Be back later tonight, folks.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:The game WOULD be over if Boom was the last sorcerer and he was lynched, but you forget we just rezzed someone we don't even know.

BUT

Does this mean you believe The Ghost is the last Sorcerer? That doesn't line up with the kill on N8, however.

Be back later tonight, folks.
I don't know, I'm just sayin.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

My point exactly about The Ghost. What good would it do to resurrect, say, Dom, when he'd just get lynched? How can a host bring back a baddie and make it sporting? By making the resurrectee anonymous.

And I don't think it falls under the info-drop umbrella to say that "who is dead" was chosen because we thought it would be The Doctor. But we don't get to see if it was a nightkilled player or not.

I guess the anonymity of it makes it more up to us in either case. We just feel like we have an advantage in that the three-word-representation seemed to indicate The Doctor.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Elohcin »

I think we just ought to lynch DH tomorrow. I think getting the info. from his lynch would be best for us.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Elohcin wrote:I think we just ought to lynch DH tomorrow. I think getting the info. from his lynch would be best for us.
Actually the funny thing is, even though I'm civ, I don't think yall have ANY clue who I am.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I think we just ought to lynch DH tomorrow. I think getting the info. from his lynch would be best for us.
Actually the funny thing is, even though I'm civ, I don't think yall have ANY clue who I am.
I think I do, actually, which was why way back days ago I said I wasn't going top go after you anymore. I mostly just voted you yesterday out of frustration. But I still want to know from you why you think the game isn't over, if indeed you were right about Boom?
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
I think I do, actually, which was why way back days ago I said I wasn't going top go after you anymore. I mostly just voted you yesterday out of frustration. But I still want to know from you why you think the game isn't over, if indeed you were right about Boom?
Either the Ghost or Lizzy or Lorab are the last sorcerer.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Interesting. I'm going to wait to see what night brings, and then I'll comment on what I think of those three.
My siggie.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by PonySparkPrime »

I am not a seemer and I am not bad. I am who I said I was and wil prove it to one player now -

Gandalf - you gave me something the night before my death - I tried to give it back but I was lynched bc I had voted for the Necromancer.

I have not changed I am still me - I am just dead.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Well the ghost is off my lynch list. We really need to try to be more subtle though :eek:
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

...Gandalf? :huh:
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Ive suspected it for awhile. We have one more player than roles. And one night it said quite clearly that Gandalf would give the ring to someone thus I've been operating on the assumption that Gandalf was the secret role. it didn't seem prudent to mention it though but that's moot now. And for the record I'm not that role of that role is existing.
My siggie.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

When we voted for our Doctor, potentially gaining BTSC with them, Roxy was the only one who piped up and said she wouldn't under any circumstance accept BTSC from anyone. Going so far as to say she doesn't think the Doctor's secrets had anything to do with regeneration or something. I don't doubt Roxy is the Ghost or that Roxy was the Doctor. I'm not lynching the Ghost tomorrow.

I'm not lynching timmer, S~V~S, Elo, bea, Long Con or MP tomorrow, and I'd rather not lynch DH. He will be getting a reread along with everyone else left. But I don't believe the inactives are likely Crowley. I don't think any of them popped back in around Crowley's kill but I'll have to double check.

Well done on Gandalf, timmer :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

zeek wrote:When we voted for our Doctor, potentially gaining BTSC with them, Roxy was the only one who piped up and said she wouldn't under any circumstance accept BTSC from anyone. Going so far as to say she doesn't think the Doctor's secrets had anything to do with regeneration or something. I don't doubt Roxy is the Ghost or that Roxy was the Doctor. I'm not lynching the Ghost tomorrow.

I'm not lynching timmer, S~V~S, Elo, bea, Long Con or MP tomorrow, and I'd rather not lynch DH. He will be getting a reread along with everyone else left. But I don't believe the inactives are likely Crowley. I don't think any of them popped back in around Crowley's kill but I'll have to double check.

Well done on Gandalf, timmer :P
See, here's the problem I'm having.

Boomslang, if you believe him to be Face of Boe, vouched for LC, Daisy, and juliets all being civilian. If you take that as face value, who does that even leave left when combined with your list above?

DH. That's literally it.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Can we go 24 hours without blatant infodumping and role outting? Please? Fucks sake.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

In for a penny I guess.

ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Hmm, very good point. I suppose looking at the timings of the inactives' posts will need to be investigated. I'll re-read Boom and see how clear cut the vouching was but your point is sound.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:Can we go 24 hours without blatant infodumping and role outting? Please? Fucks sake.
I apologize if that was directed at me, but I don't want to ignore what's already happened and should be considered, even if I don't agree with making statements as blatant as were made.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

It leaves absent played mp. And I agree, DH there is a lack of subtlety in this game part of which I saw sadly party of.
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

zeek wrote:Hmm, very good point. I suppose looking at the timings of the inactives' posts will need to be investigated. I'll re-read Boom and see how clear cut the vouching was but your point is sound.
Yes, please do, curious what you find. I would go look myself but I'm multitasking (and shouldn't even be here). :p

I think I would most lean towards Lizzy being bad, since I remember her popping in twice. Lorab popped in the thread once too, so both are possible.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

timmer wrote:It leaves absent played mp. And I agree, DH there is a lack of subtlety in this game part of which I saw sadly party of.
I agree, Lizzy and Lorab are likely candidates. reywaS seems pretty doubtful though.

And I agree, I think many of us have been less subtle, myself included, than we should have been. It's OK, just certainly something to keep in mind for the future, and something I'm sure will get discussion at endgame.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

On that note, I do wonder if Epi has something planned to deal with any inactives or BLATANT infodumpers in terms of winning, but I suppose that's totally his decision, and certainly not an easy one to contemplate. If I should be denied victory because I outed myself, so be it, but I'm still going to try my best to win this thing because other than that misstep I think I've actually done a pretty good job playing this role.

VERY curious to see if my targets get redirected.

And speaking of inactives, when's the last time anyone saw Lizzy or Lorab, either here or on the site in general? I'd be curious to that question as well.

Be back later!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

That was directed at the Ghost btw.

ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Lizzy posted D7 and then N10. Most likely out of the others.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Epignosis »

Are You Being Outed?
"Mr. Harmon," Captain Peacock said. "Do clean up that body. The store opens in five minutes."
spacedaisy has been killed by Tyler Durden.
It is now Day 12. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: GoC 2014 [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Day Phases?

You may select 1 option

48 Hours
No votes

24 Hours
DharmaHelper (2), S~V~S (3), Long Con (5), juliets (6), MovingPictures07 (7), timmer (8), zeek (10), Elohcin (11), bea (12)
60%

Vompatti (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), Dom (4), Metalmarsh89 (9), Black Rock (13), Boomslang (14), Made (15)
40%

Total votes : 15
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 291

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 12]

Post by S~V~S »

WTF??

That was seriously the last thing I expected.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Yep, it's DH. We gotta lynch him.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Votes DH

That confirmed everything to me. It can't possibly be anyone else.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

The fact that YOU killed Daisy means DH is the last Sorcerer? How's that?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Why can't it be an absent player, like Lizzy or Lorab?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Oh, and the Ghost has vanished?
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

timmer wrote:Oh, and the Ghost has vanished?
No. Fixing that.

The poll has been reset.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Rey, Lizzy or Lorab. It's one of them. Bsed on timing of their posts, I'd say Lizzy is most likely, followed by Lorab, followed by rey in last. But I need to think about this for awhile.
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ooo... MP... say it ain't so!

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”