Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 4 - Too Slow

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
juliets wrote:I will go back to Quin since people see a case on top of my knowledge but I don't want to hammer.
Your vote puts it 1 away from hammer then. I'll back off.

Unvote
Technically, she did not vote.
Yes, true, I figured she'd be following up her intention to vote with an actual vote, so I wanted to get that changed in time. My worry was unfounded it seems.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 253
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote:
juliets wrote:We need to see the votes - are we tied?

If I was right all along about Quin I'm going to be very frustrated.
Jack was town... was that whole ordeal town-town? I doubt it, at this stage of the game. MM is the only baddie we've got, right?
I don't think it was T-T, but like I said earlier, I had a crisis of confidence.

I have not changed my vote off of Soneji.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 733
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

In the war of EOD pressure, Long Con and Quin are kicking Soneji's butt.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 344

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Jay, how affirmative is that statement re: juliets? Assign a percentage.
As confident as a read can be without information.
I feel more or less the same at this point. Very civ vibes from jules today.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 555

Post by Quin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Soneji and Quin both seem to be throwing around some pretty strong language about LC being bad. Am I misinterpreting confidence level?
Item givers do not fail to appear performing said action when tracked. I don't even know what I'd do if I'm wrong about that.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Soneji and Quin both seem to be throwing around some pretty strong language about LC being bad. Am I misinterpreting confidence level?
I would classify it as "desperation level" confidence.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote:MP, here's the deal in a nutshell:

Quin's claim was made in a bad way, under dubious circumstances, and we have a half-sorta counter claim from Julets. Quin's reads have also been opposed to everyone else's for a lot of the game. Jack, who was just killed as town, made some pretty aggressive cases toward quin.

Soneji has incriminating reactions with the dead scum guy, Marmot. And man, those gut feels.

Long Con claimed to give Sloon the gun that sloon used. Our confirmed town tracker says that is a lie. Shenanigans.

That's about as simple as the cases get, I think.

Still feeling town!Quin, if less strongly than before. But that's me.
This is all awesome to know. Thank you.

I apologize to be that burden of a guy who just replaced in and is constantly asking questions and requesting summaries. Every little bit that you all can spare helps, but I don't want to impede productive mafia hunting either.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Quin wrote:
Item givers do not fail to appear performing said action when tracked. I don't even know what I'd do if I'm wrong about that.
And there is no possible way that a third party could have altered things? None?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm feeling very ok with either soneji or quin lynches, but I'll stick my vote where it is in any event because it helps me stay sane and avoid hammer shenanigans.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
Sloonei had a gun. Do you believe the gun was the corrupted jury?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Given what speedchuck just summarized, as well as a clear attempt to paint LC as a bullshit artist AND a lack of town-seeming presence at the moment, I'm going to hop back on Soneji. It seems like the strongest case to me -- I would rather go on in-thread interaction behavior than very complex night action stuff anyway.

vote Soneji
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote:
Quin wrote:
And there is no possible way that a third party could have altered things? None?
You targeted Sloonei to give him a gun. Sloonei received a gun. Jay tracked you. You did no such thing.

It's not a matter of being role blocked or misdirected. Unless I pull some role I've never heard of out of my ass, there's no explanation for why this is the case.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con: faced with significant EOD pressure, he's here, he's firing off retorts.

Quin: faced with significant EOD pressure, he's here, he's firing off retorts.

Soneji: faced with significant EOD pressure, he's here, he's making a few posts per hour and seems behind the pace.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 213

Post by Fredwood »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

Quin's claim was made in a bad way, under dubious circumstances, and we have a half-sorta counter claim from Julets. Quin's reads have also been opposed to everyone else's for a lot of the game. Jack, who was just killed as town, made some pretty aggressive cases toward quin.

Soneji has incriminating reactions with the dead scum guy, Marmot. And man, those gut feels.

Long Con claimed to give Sloon the gun that sloon used. Our confirmed town tracker says that is a lie. Shenanigans.

I apologize to be that burden of a guy who just replaced in and is constantly asking questions and requesting summaries. Every little bit that you all can spare helps, but I don't want to impede productive mafia hunting either.
I will say that Juliets counter-claim is specifically that there is another odd-night town doctor. Which is what Quin claimed. It's not a vague counter claim, Juliets is protecting the identity. The problem is that we have so much other shenanigans, and the Quin claim happened in a way that is pretty damning, but in a way that make it seem that it's too obvious to make that play if you're scum.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Long Con: faced with significant EOD pressure, he's here, he's firing off retorts.

Soneji: faced with significant EOD pressure, he's here, he's making a few posts per hour and seems behind the pace.
I agree. I'd say that's a bad look for Soneji. Agree or disagree?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm feeling much stronger about Quin at this point.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

It's AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

VOTALS:

Soneji (6): speedchuck, Sloonei, Scotty, juliets, JJJ, MP
Quin (3): Golden, Strawhenge, Long Con,
Long Con (3): Quin, Soneji, Dyslexicon,

With 13 Alive it takes 7 to Lynch, 3 to Soft Lynch

Day ends in 15 minutes
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 321

Post by speedchuck »

Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Jay, how affirmative is that statement re: juliets? Assign a percentage.
Me three
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Fredwood wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I will say that Juliets counter-claim is specifically that there is another odd-night town doctor. Which is what Quin claimed. It's not a vague counter claim, Juliets is protecting the identity. The problem is that we have so much other shenanigans, and the Quin claim happened in a way that is pretty damning, but in a way that make it seem that it's too obvious to make that play if you're scum.
Cool, thanks for the additional info.

Not sure what to make of it yet, but yeah. :p
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Long Con: faced with significant EOD pressure, he's here, he's firing off retorts.

I agree. I'd say that's a bad look for Soneji. Agree or disagree?
Bad. If EOD pressure has any value, this would be the application.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
My impression of the role was a lynch save or vote manipulation power.

The odds that the Jury was a gun and that LC also tried to give him a gun on the same night, lol.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote:I'm feeling much stronger about Quin at this point.
than Soneji, you mean? Why?
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Soneji »

speedchuck wrote: Soneji has incriminating reactions with the dead scum guy, Marmot. And man, those gut feels.
JJJ somehow twisted me responding to INH's map talk to me agreeing with INH on just Golden and JJJ being potentially suspicious, which was based on INH voting MM himself to get the map. Never went anywhere because in that same response I plainly stated that I doubt any location on the map was specifically favorable to one faction.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Golden wrote:I'm feeling very ok with either soneji or quin lynches, but I'll stick my vote where it is in any event because it helps me stay sane and avoid hammer shenanigans.
I agree.

Wait Fred this not quite right.

If I am right there are two odd night doctorings. That doesn't necessarily mean another odd night doctor if you get my meaning. Sorry if thats how it came across. I'm shit at explaining this I know.

linki 1000 times
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:

The odds that the Jury was a gun and that LC also tried to give him a gun on the same night, lol.
What I mean is that Long Con claimed to give Sloonei a thing that we know for sure he had. The night of the claim is aligned. So: if Long Con didn't give that gun to Sloonei, the voting public did. Do you believe that the corrupted jury is the gun?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

linki: MP slipped past me, Soneji has 6 votes currently
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Because I'm watching him twist words and facts right in front of my face to try and take me down.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote:
Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Me three
I do not share or understand why you have this level of confidence. I imagine you've figured out her role for some reason. The one I have in mind for her could be of either alignment.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Soneji wrote:
speedchuck wrote: Soneji has incriminating reactions with the dead scum guy, Marmot. And man, those gut feels.
JJJ somehow twisted me responding to INH's map talk to me agreeing with INH on just Golden and JJJ being potentially suspicious, which was based on INH voting MM himself to get the map. Never went anywhere because in that same response I plainly stated that I doubt any location on the map was specifically favorable to one faction.
I twisted it, eh?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sprityo wrote:linki: MP slipped past me, Soneji has 6 votes currently
L-1!!!

No hammers allowed.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I'm trying to keep up with this while working. I can't. Y'all do what y'all like best. Long Connand Soneji are both good options and I don't know enough about why Quin is in the conversation right now to say that he's a bad option. Go town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Because I'm watching him twist words and facts right in front of my face to try and take me down.
:ponder:

What's the best example of that?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote:
Golden wrote:I'm feeling very ok with either soneji or quin lynches, but I'll stick my vote where it is in any event because it helps me stay sane and avoid hammer shenanigans.
I agree.

If I am right there are two odd night doctorings. That doesn't necessarily mean another odd night doctor if you get my meaning. Sorry if thats how it came across. I'm shit at explaining this I know.

linki 1000 times
Two odd night doctors is... less likely. Explain? We have 13 minutes still.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
But not Soneji. Are they teammates or does Quin have a special reason to want you dead?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

juliets wrote:
I agree.

linki 1000 times
Ok...I think I get it, just that someone else "could" doctor on an odd night...right? That actually helps Q in my mind.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:

What I mean is that Long Con claimed to give Sloonei a thing that we know for sure he had. The night of the claim is aligned. So: if Long Con didn't give that gun to Sloonei, the voting public did. Do you believe that the corrupted jury is the gun?
No. I think it has some effect on the lynch poll.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ugh - torn between declaring the item I got that LC claims to have given me on night 2 just to be clear about why I think it's not the corrupted jury, and the fact I genuinely think it's not in the town interest to do so...

I really wish nutella was here to say whether she got the corrupted jury.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Soneji »

Soneji, whose been behind and has been trying to catch up while also replying to the current going ons, is surprisingly behind the pace. That is some great detective work there JJJ :smoky:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Unvote

Just to be safe

I still intend to re-vote Soneji
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 321

Post by speedchuck »

Then where the heck did the gun come from?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:Did you read my debunk of LC's response to you about marmot?
Yes. I don't care about his Marmot vote either way. It's dead center and bus-friendly, but not bus-indicative. I care about the Long Con happening right now.
The long con happening right now just gave you a bullshit reason for voting a baddie while painting himself as more integral to the fact than he really was.
That I'm "painting myself" (ugh) as more integral than I was.

LITERALLY one vote less and MM would have walked. EVERY vote was integral.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Soneji wrote:

Soneji, whose been behind and has been trying to catch up while also replying to the current going ons, is surprisingly behind the pace. That is some great detective work there JJJ :smoky:
Why are you trying to catch up in the middle of an EOD sequence which is quite possibly about to result in your death?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote:Then where the heck did the gun come from?
Not Long Con.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

(That was answering MP)
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote:
juliets wrote:
I agree.

linki 1000 times
Two odd night doctors is... less likely. Explain? We have 13 minutes still.
My information says there is a doctor out there which would mean if Quin is an odd night doctor there are two doctors operating on the odd nights.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Just in case - map moves for the next four days:

South East
East
North East
Portal

Do not go west, young man.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

My gut is saying cool things about LC right now. Not sure why. But he seems like a good guy and stuff.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

speedchuck wrote:Then where the heck did the gun come from?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:Did you read my debunk of LC's response to you about marmot?
Yes. I don't care about his Marmot vote either way. It's dead center and bus-friendly, but not bus-indicative. I care about the Long Con happening right now.
The long con happening right now just gave you a bullshit reason for voting a baddie while painting himself as more integral to the fact than he really was.
That I'm "painting myself" (ugh) as more integral than I was.

LITERALLY one vote less and MM would have walked. EVERY vote was integral.
Your vote was not made with the thought that it needed to be made to ensure that somebody was lynched. This is not an argument you have the credibility to make, because you weren't around to witness EoD.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:No. I think it has some effect on the lynch poll.
Could be. If the corrupted jury isn't the gun, why did Sloonei have a gun today?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Jobs”