Total votes: 39
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 573
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Hally »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:46 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:39 pm @DrWilgy so much has happened since that nutella vote long ago. Please take Hally and day's advice!
While I agree that a lot has happened since and also agree that Mac is almost certainly town here, I find it refreshing that Wilgy is acknowledging that Mac had a wolfy EoD; probably the worst after mine. But, y'know, he had "towned it up" so he was towncore and when I pointed out his bad EoD I got the "attack on one is an attack on all" treatment.
mac didn’t have a wolfy EoD at all
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tutuu wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:50 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:49 pm
tutuu wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:45 pm i would kill maybe

sprityo > JPIC > spf > samusamu > nanook in this order
why is samu here?
what is your guess for the 5 remaining scum?
idk but why samu?
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:51 pm

why is samu here?
idk but why samu?
because i wanted to put 5 names and this is my order of least townread ppl
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:43 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:41 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:32 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:28 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:10 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:06 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:58 am
"i am a wolf and my teammates are sprit and jpic"
That would be such a cool EZ game, wouldn't it? After you mischop me please do better.
it would be more helpful if instead of doing this you pursued and developed your own reads more. so like case ppl, tell us why certain ppl are town or scum, etc. because as displeased as you sound about the current state of things i feel you haven’t taken a lot of action to like... change anything
LOL...sure. Every statement I make gets blown off because I'm a wolf...the very very obvious truth that Oddmerta has done nothing but tunnel me from day one makes him towny in your opinion...and you want to tell me what I should be doing. Pass.
i mean, we know you think he’s a wolf. but even if he is there’s probably five other ppl in this game who aren’t town. what about them? or ppl you tr? like... you have also basically done nothing except omgus odd so...
Sure. Who was that guy who corrected your "kill all three" when the obvious thing to do is find THE wolf in the three because a gathering of wolves at Mac's house under your watchful eye would require ridiculously stupid wolf play? Oh, yeah, me. Who was pointing out that mechanically speaking the town core's focus on killing the claimed cop first was just wrong? Oh yeah, me. But see, pointing out things that are just plain dumb pisses off the town core and makes me a wolf.

Now, somewhere down the line if someone at end game bothers to ISO me these conversations will be useful. A lot of them will have been proven right or wrong by flips by then, but the ones that haven't will be relevant.
ok. but this is like mech stuff. what about like talking about who you think could be teamed with odd?
You mean like the way Mac "cleared" three quarters of the players because they had made a post about Nutella that is "just never a wolf"? Yeah, I'm not gonna duplicate that work, and I'm not the guy to do it because when I am a wolf I make posts exactly like those ALL THE TIME. If Odd is a wolf then whoever else randed wolf is teamed with him and dealing with it as best they can...probably in ways that exploit the prevailing standards of play here.

Just like Dizzy apparently just did to you.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tutuu wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:51 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:51 pm

why is samu here?
idk but why samu?
because i wanted to put 5 names and this is my order of least townread ppl
ok
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

why are we assuming 5 remaining wolves?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

4 mafia and rogue
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:51 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:43 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:41 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:32 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:28 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:10 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:06 pm

That would be such a cool EZ game, wouldn't it? After you mischop me please do better.
it would be more helpful if instead of doing this you pursued and developed your own reads more. so like case ppl, tell us why certain ppl are town or scum, etc. because as displeased as you sound about the current state of things i feel you haven’t taken a lot of action to like... change anything
LOL...sure. Every statement I make gets blown off because I'm a wolf...the very very obvious truth that Oddmerta has done nothing but tunnel me from day one makes him towny in your opinion...and you want to tell me what I should be doing. Pass.
i mean, we know you think he’s a wolf. but even if he is there’s probably five other ppl in this game who aren’t town. what about them? or ppl you tr? like... you have also basically done nothing except omgus odd so...
Sure. Who was that guy who corrected your "kill all three" when the obvious thing to do is find THE wolf in the three because a gathering of wolves at Mac's house under your watchful eye would require ridiculously stupid wolf play? Oh, yeah, me. Who was pointing out that mechanically speaking the town core's focus on killing the claimed cop first was just wrong? Oh yeah, me. But see, pointing out things that are just plain dumb pisses off the town core and makes me a wolf.

Now, somewhere down the line if someone at end game bothers to ISO me these conversations will be useful. A lot of them will have been proven right or wrong by flips by then, but the ones that haven't will be relevant.
ok. but this is like mech stuff. what about like talking about who you think could be teamed with odd?
You mean like the way Mac "cleared" three quarters of the players because they had made a post about Nutella that is "just never a wolf"? Yeah, I'm not gonna duplicate that work, and I'm not the guy to do it because when I am a wolf I make posts exactly like those ALL THE TIME. If Odd is a wolf then whoever else randed wolf is teamed with him and dealing with it as best they can...probably in ways that exploit the prevailing standards of play here.

Just like Dizzy apparently just did to you.
okay
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

dyachei wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:52 pm why are we assuming 5 remaining wolves?
better to assume more than less idk
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

oh. i guess i don't care about the rogue so much right now
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

it’s very likely 4 mafia left though

starting with a team of 6 plus rogue feels scum-sided
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:43 pm
dyachei wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:41 pm how up to date are you on the mechanical stuff from today, wilgy
Mac has claimed to have gotten postcapped in the night. He seems to be playing to the claim and went silent at the designated time. I think this is a true claim, and was imposed by a wolf.

Hally has claimed as a watcher and that she watched Mac's place (which makes sense but is NAI about Hally).

She saw JPIC, Nanook, and Sprit visiting.

JPIC claimed alignment cop with a green on Mac. Because he doesn't fit the towncore definition of towny they disbelieve out of hand.

Nanook allowed Mac to think he was a Doc, which allowed the towncore to assume JPIC was the night kill that got blocked. When a much more likely doc and NK combination surfaced Nanook claimed a "if I see the NK I get an extra vote" power.

Sprit has just been squirrely about his role and seems most likely to me as source of the post cap on Mac.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:58 pm
dyachei wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:41 pm how up to date are you on the mechanical stuff from today, wilgy
Mac has claimed to have gotten postcapped in the night. He seems to be playing to the claim and went silent at the designated time. I think this is a true claim, and was imposed by a wolf.

Hally has claimed as a watcher and that she watched Mac's place (which makes sense but is NAI about Hally).

JPIC claimed alignment cop with a green on Mac. Because he doesn't fit the towncore definition of towny they disbelieve out of hand.

Nanook allowed Mac to think he was a Doc, which allowed the towncore to assume JPIC was the night kill that got blocked. When a much more likely doc and NK combination surfaced Nanook claimed a "if I see the NK I get an extra vote" power.

Sprit has just been squirrely about his role and seems most likely to me as source of the post cap on Mac.
hally technically didnt claim that, they cant, we just assume thats what they are

master radishes also claims a gravedigger / 1-shot backup from dead people, he backuped nutella's role last night and protected alison

alison claimed to have been jailkept
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

dyachei wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:46 pm jpic, nanook, and spirit all visited mac in the night. Mac has a post cap today.

nanook claims he visited who he thought was going to be the night kill so he could have an extra vote

jpic claims cop that checked mac villa
Please get in the habit of saying JPIC, Nanook, Sprit and Hally visited Mac.

If JPIC, Nanook, and Sprit all flip green no amount of "but I'm so towny" will change the fact that Hally would be a wolf. A watcher role is actually a common wolf power, from what I've read, and watching Mac in an effort to catch a doctor makes sense.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 853
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

I’m not really sure this is actually relevant to anything, but how does Alison know she was specifically jailkept?
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

see this is just dishonest. jpic has done nothing all game. he has actively refused every request that he do something, anything to show he’s town. it’s not as though he’s putting in effort and we’re dismissing it because it’s not “our definition of towniness.” he’s put in zero effort. please don’t imply we’re being unfair to him. when he decides to play the game he signed up for he may be given the benefit of the doubt. until then, he won’t be
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:01 pm
dyachei wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:46 pm jpic, nanook, and spirit all visited mac in the night. Mac has a post cap today.

nanook claims he visited who he thought was going to be the night kill so he could have an extra vote

If JPIC, Nanook, and Sprit all flip green no amount of "but I'm so towny" will change the fact that Hally would be a wolf. A watcher role is actually a common wolf power, from what I've read, and watching Mac in an effort to catch a doctor makes sense.
lol
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:01 pm I’m not really sure this is actually relevant to anything, but how does Alison know she was specifically jailkept?
[mention]Alison[/mention] ?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:50 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:39 pm @DrWilgy so much has happened since that nutella vote long ago. Please take Hally and day's advice!
While I agree that a lot has happened since and also agree that Mac is almost certainly town here, I find it refreshing that Wilgy is acknowledging that Mac had a wolfy EoD; probably the worst after mine. But, y'know, he had "towned it up" so he was towncore and when I pointed out his bad EoD I got the "attack on one is an attack on all" treatment.
Then why did I?

I bought the claim from Nutella. So did Mac.

I presented that claim as justification for not voting Nutella. So did Mac.

I pointed out at SoD that that looked bad for both of us. Mac pointed out "but town core so you are a wolf."

And here we are.
ImageImageImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Oddmerta »

There is no way in hell that jpic is the cop
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

hally is villa. i have a good reputation in reading them
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:01 pm I’m not really sure this is actually relevant to anything, but how does Alison know she was specifically jailkept?
Wait...I missed this...Alison claims jailkept?
ImageImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:05 pm
@Alison ?
we probably shouldn't ask for specificity here. but perhaps her action failed?
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:07 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:57 am I honestly think Tim's repeated attacks on Oddmerta is outing
And yet his attacks on me, which are ALL THAT HE DOES are towny. Hilarious.
Yeah.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

dyachei wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:06 pm

Well, I'm pretty sure that "Sprit, Nanook, and JPIC all flip green" is never gonna happen, so fine. But if it does all the reputation for Hally reading in the world, added to all the 'towny posts' in the world, will not change the facts.
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:05 pm
Then why did I?

I pointed out at SoD that that looked bad for both of us. Mac pointed out "but town core so you are a wolf."

And here we are.
it’s not about believing or disbelieving the claim. it’s about the process he went through to decide he actually didn’t believe it in the end. he was clearly evaluating the claim in real time. also he buried nut the entire day and you didn’t, so equating yourself with him is not really honest
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Wilgy, you'll have to let me know the secret of your popularity.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Alright I guess I'll just say it. I was told by Sloonei that I was "stuck in a lift". I asked him what this meant and he said he couldn't answer. When nobody died in the night I figured I was jailkept.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Oddmerta wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:05 pm There is no way in hell that jpic is the cop
Another consensus repackaged looking for a mindmeld.

Get a new trick man.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:08 pm Alright I guess I'll just say it. I was told by Sloonei that I was "stuck in a lift". I asked him what this meant and he said he couldn't answer. When nobody died in the night I figured I was jailkept.
I also considered mafia roleblocker, but since I was a top nightkill target and nobody died in the night, the simplest answer is that I was just jailkept.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:05 pm
@Alison ?
we probably shouldn't ask for specificity here. but perhaps her action failed?
Her action can fail to a roleblocker as well, why jailkeeper specifically?
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Tim, I think the above underlined is not a fair take on why people are voting JPIC. First, why would he have picked Mac, one of the towniest people in the thread at the time to cop? Second, Hally and Mac have both indicated they can't claim their roles per the rules and those roles seem to be investigative in some way, so why was JPIC able to claim his role? I don't expect you to answer those questions, I'm just saying those are the questions about JPIC that are causing suspicion (there might be more but those are the two main things I can think of).

edit: I see Hally addressed this while I was writing but I'm posting anyway
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:08 pm

Well, I'm pretty sure that "Sprit, Nanook, and JPIC all flip green" is never gonna happen, so fine. But if it does all the reputation for Hally reading in the world, added to all the 'towny posts' in the world, will not change the facts.
nook, jpic and sprit flipping town wouldn’t make me a wolf. idk how you arrive at that. also they won’t all be town because someone post capped mac and it wasn’t me
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

roleblocker

if town, why would they target alison?

if wolf, why would they target alison if she was the kill target?
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Oddmerta »

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:08 pm Alright I guess I'll just say it. I was told by Sloonei that I was "stuck in a lift". I asked him what this meant and he said he couldn't answer. When nobody died in the night I figured I was jailkept.
Stuck in a lift

Which radiohead song does this reference?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Oddmerta wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:11 pm
Stuck in a lift

the song called “lift”
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:08 pm
Then why did I?

And here we are.
it’s not about believing or disbelieving the claim. it’s about the process he went through to decide he actually didn’t believe it in the end. he was clearly evaluating the claim in real time. also he buried nut the entire day and you didn’t, so equating yourself with him is not really honest
Actually I read through Nutella's ISO and posted my opinion. It's one of those "empty nothing" posts that apparently didn't meet the local standard of towniness. I didn't go all "I can read people by a single post!!! CHARGE!!!" as seems popular here, but I was in fact consistent.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Oddmerta wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:11 pm
Stuck in a lift

Wow if rogues can soupkill what I presume to be a town jailkeeper then lol
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:09 pm
I also considered mafia roleblocker, but since I was a top nightkill target and nobody died in the night, the simplest answer is that I was just jailkept.
Alison, what about MR's claim that he protected you?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

dyachei wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:11 pm roleblocker

if town, why would they target alison?

if wolf, why would they target alison if she was the kill target?
How do we know she was the kill target?
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Lift

This is the place
Sit down, you're safe now
You've been stuck in a lift
We've been trying to reach you, Thom
This is the place
It won't hurt ever again
The smell of air conditioning
The fish are belly up
Empty all your pockets
Because it's time to come home
This is the place
Remember me?
I'm the face you always see
You've been stuck in a lift
In the belly of a whale
At the bottom of the ocean
The fish are belly up
Empty all your pockets
Because it's time to come home
The fish are belly up
Let it go
Today is the first day
Of the rest of your days
So lighten up, squirt
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:12 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:08 pm
Then why did I?

And here we are.
Actually I read through Nutella's ISO and posted my opinion. It's one of those "empty nothing" posts that apparently didn't meet the local standard of towniness. I didn't go all "I can read people by a single post!!! CHARGE!!!" as seems popular here, but I was in fact consistent.
can you link me to that post?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

That really feels like it could be a jailkeeper role, to me.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I feel like this is an escape room and not a game

Which is actually pretty sick, love it
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

it makes sense alison was the kill target since there’s claimed protection on her but not on mac
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Lol mac you probably didn’t get N1’d n00b, step your game up :P
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:10 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:08 pm

nook, jpic and sprit flipping town wouldn’t make me a wolf. idk how you arrive at that. also they won’t all be town because someone post capped mac and it wasn’t me
I arrive at that because if they all flip town then yes, someone post capped Mac, and you'd be the only one left. I fully understand that from your POV one of them has to be a wolf, and I expect that one of them is. That foesn't change the view from out here that one of you four absolutely is.

I am totally down for flipping the other three first, so no worries.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:14 pm it makes sense alison was the kill target since there’s claimed protection on her but not on mac
I've been struggling with that, trying to reconcile a MAc kill attempt and survival with the claims around him. This makes more sense.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

what hally said. we don't know for sure, but it seems more likely, doesn't it?

Return to “Previous Jobs”