Total votes: 0
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: MAD MAX: Day 9

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:His sudden 180 is suspicious, but it is not the most suspicious thing and not something I am going to place a vote for at Lylo.
When you say "his sudden 180", what does that mean? How has he pulled a 180?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 334

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:His sudden 180 is suspicious, but it is not the most suspicious thing and not something I am going to place a vote for at Lylo.
I'm referring to his concession and his posts since.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I was having issues too, but it's letting me in now. Hopefully that was a brief hiccup.

How would you feel if I refuse to vote for Dom today, Quin?
Anxious and upset. Do you refuse to vote for Dom?
It's fun because I think we're most likely arguing about the two baddies.

I'd be hard to convince though that the case against Dom is stronger than Epignosis resigning gracefully today.
I would call this a stalemate but Epi is the one with three votes.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
When you imagine Epi is doing this as a townie, please try to describe to me what you believe is happening inside his head. What is motivating that behavior from a town Epi?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Do you have an opinion on Epi?
Do you have an opinion on Epi?
He seems to have given up.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
When you imagine Epi is doing this as a townie, please try to describe to me what you believe is happening inside his head. What is motivating that behavior from a town Epi?
That's the thing. I'm not arguing against your case. I'm arguing that mine is stronger. I don't know what his civilian motivation for this is, but I also don't know what his mafia motivation is. We may very well be discussing both baddies, but we only have one chance and I'm pushing for the stronger case.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:That's the thing. I'm not arguing against your case. I'm arguing that mine is stronger. I don't know what his civilian motivation for this is, but I also don't know what his mafia motivation is. We may very well be discussing both baddies, but we only have one chance and I'm pushing for the stronger case.
What is your perspective of the recent interactions of Dom and Epignosis, going back to the Glorfindel lynch when Epi pursued a Dom lynch instead?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
What does that mean to you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
What does that mean to you?
He's bad and doesn't want to give us any more information to use at lylo.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:He's bad and doesn't want to give us any more information to use at lylo.
I agree. How do you feel about Quin's adherence to his Dom case in spite of this development?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:That's the thing. I'm not arguing against your case. I'm arguing that mine is stronger. I don't know what his civilian motivation for this is, but I also don't know what his mafia motivation is. We may very well be discussing both baddies, but we only have one chance and I'm pushing for the stronger case.
What is your perspective of the recent interactions of Dom and Epignosis, going back to the Glorfindel lynch when Epi pursued a Dom lynch instead?
He was claiming to be acting in the best interest of town by trying to find a baddie who's vote had a value. However, given that this was at Lylo, it was to be expected that nobody (except me, I guess) was going to lynch him. If Dom and Epi are teammates then his vote was safe there. But this does nothing for Glorfindel's safety, and he was bad. That, and the fact that this came at Lylo makes me doubt it was civ motivated.

This is a valid point that would make Epi seem worse than Dom in that context.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:He's bad and doesn't want to give us any more information to use at lylo.
I agree. How do you feel about Quin's adherence to his Dom case in spite of this development?
I'm only just becoming familiar with this aspect of Quin's game right now. Off the bat I won't say it's necessarily suspicious. Quin will stick to his guns when he's confident.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
He was claiming to be acting in the best interest of town by trying to find a baddie who's vote had a value. However, given that this was at Lylo, it was to be expected that nobody (except me, I guess) was going to lynch him. If Dom and Epi are teammates then his vote was safe there. But this does nothing for Glorfindel's safety, and he was bad. That, and the fact that this came at Lylo makes me doubt it was civ motivated.

Do you feel that reflects on Dom in any certain way, when considering a bad Epignosis in that scenario?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Do you feel that reflects on Dom in any certain way, when considering a bad Epignosis in that scenario?
It would make him look better at face value.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Day 6 dominates my thoughts on Dom in this game, and I can't quite make up my mind on whether or not his behavior was bad. I'm not sure I've ever seen a scum Dom before, but the type of aggressive self-defense he exhibited against Quin and I that day is not something that usually strikes me as baddie behavior. It's not 100% town behavior either, but I town-read him at the time for it, and I still can't shake the feeling that he's just the easiest target right now.

This is the 20th post on Day 9 where I express doubts about my confidence in Dom.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:Day 6 dominates my thoughts on Dom in this game, and I can't quite make up my mind on whether or not his behavior was bad. I'm not sure I've ever seen a scum Dom before, but the type of aggressive self-defense he exhibited against Quin and I that day is not something that usually strikes me as baddie behavior. It's not 100% town behavior either, but I town-read him at the time for it, and I still can't shake the feeling that he's just the easiest target right now.

This is the 20th post on Day 9 where I express doubts about my confidence in Dom.
The doubts are understandable. GTH, who's the last baddie if not him?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:It would make him look better at face value.
That's the fun part when I think about them as potential team mates.

I kind of get the impression Epignosis intended for this to be our response. "Oh okay, Epi was trying to win the game with a Dom lynch." Which would imply...

WIFOM WIFOM WIFOM

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:It would make him look better at face value.
That's the fun part when I think about them as potential team mates.

I kind of get the impression Epignosis intended for this to be our response. "Oh okay, Epi was trying to win the game with a Dom lynch." Which would imply...

WIFOM WIFOM WIFOM
Question:

Was Glorfindel an inevitable lynch? I know you don't like it when I suggest that sort of thing. But I'll still ask.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:Question:

Was Glorfindel an inevitable lynch? I know you don't like it when I suggest that sort of thing. But I'll still ask.
I wouldn't say he was an inevitable lynch, but I would say he was a likely lynch -- likely enough that Epignosis could make a half-hearted motion in another direction without expecting it to actually develop.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Day 6 dominates my thoughts on Dom in this game, and I can't quite make up my mind on whether or not his behavior was bad. I'm not sure I've ever seen a scum Dom before, but the type of aggressive self-defense he exhibited against Quin and I that day is not something that usually strikes me as baddie behavior. It's not 100% town behavior either, but I town-read him at the time for it, and I still can't shake the feeling that he's just the easiest target right now.

The doubts are understandable. GTH, who's the last baddie if not him?
I can't even answer this right now. If we're settled on lynching Epi today then I plan to ISO all three of the others (Quin, LoRab, Dom) tomorrow at some point.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I wouldn't say he was an inevitable lynch, but I would say he was a likely lynch -- likely enough that Epignosis could make a half-hearted motion in another direction without expecting it to actually develop.
I could see it as an attempt to gain civ cred by doing something ultimately pointless if that lynch were between both of his teammates.

linki: We are not settled on lynching Epi today. :disappoint:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I actually think the case against Epi/Zebra is stronger than the one against Dom even without the concession. It's why I voted for him before the concession. I don't see any half-reasonable reality for a town Epi. I can fathom a town Dom.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I could see it as an attempt to gain civ cred by doing something ultimately pointless if that lynch were between both of his teammates.

Dom has to have a teammate.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Yes, but choosing the wrong teammate means we lose.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:Yes, but choosing the wrong teammate means we lose.
Yup. For me, Dom is the one who is the higher risk of being that. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Estimated chance of being town:

Epignosis = 0.01%

Dom = 15%

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:Yes, but choosing the wrong teammate means we lose.
Yup. For me, Dom is the one who is the higher risk of being that. :meany:
[insertdeaththreathere]

where is that guy, anyway?
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Yes, but choosing the wrong teammate means we lose.
Does not compute.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Estimated chance of being town:

Epignosis = 0.01%

Dom = 15%
Quin = 75%

Sloonei = 75%

LoRab = 90%

INH = 99%

I am getting these numbers from a dark, humid place.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Estimated chance of being town:

Epignosis = 0.01%

Dom = 15%
Quin = 75%

Sloonei = 75%

LoRab = 90%

INH = 99%

I am getting these numbers from a dark, humid place.
I would prefer my town read to not be kept in your armpit. It needs sunlight.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:I would prefer my town read to not be kept in your armpit. It needs sunlight.
Rest assured, I wasn't talking about my armpit. :ninja:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:I would prefer my town read to not be kept in your armpit. It needs sunlight.
Rest assured, I wasn't talking about my armpit. :ninja:
No wonder it's not at 100%, if it's company was anything to go by. :meany:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I might actually say Quin has moved ahead of Sloonei in the Town Race. He looks thoroughly genuine in every post; if he's fooling me then I'm sure fooled. Sloonei doesn't really look "bad", but his posts has been shorter lately (reminiscent of his comments about Dom earlier in the game) and he doesn't seem terribly invested. I'd expect more fire from a guy with a chance to nail down his first town banner on The Syndicate.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I might actually say Quin has moved ahead of Sloonei in the Town Race. He looks thoroughly genuine in every post; if he's fooling me then I'm sure fooled. Sloonei doesn't really look "bad", but his posts has been shorter lately (reminiscent of his comments about Dom earlier in the game) and he doesn't seem terribly invested. I'd expect more fire from a guy with a chance to nail down his first town banner on The Syndicate.
I'm just tired is all.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I need to let you both dig more into your exploration of each other and of LoRab. I'll stop asking so many questions for now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

So go ahead. Explore each others' bodies.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I promise to actually do things tomorrow.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:So go ahead. Explore each others' bodies.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I just noticed that this game has a pretty decent chance of surpassing Economics Mafia for the Side Mission with the most posts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I just noticed that this game has a pretty decent chance of surpassing Economics Mafia for the Side Mission with the most posts.
:omg:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I just noticed that this game has a pretty decent chance of surpassing Economics Mafia for the Side Mission with the most posts.
Sloonei wrote:
:omg:
You two having a combined 1,500 posts probably might have a bit to do with it. :scared:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

That's like Day 3 stuff by RYM standards.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

*flicks cigarette* Everything's childplay these days after Talking Heads.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Did I surpass 1000 in Turf Wars?

I did.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The case against Dom could be the most riveting, compelling case to ever exist in a Mafia game and he still wouldn't be confirmed as Epi is. This is my confusion.
Like Epi with Glorf, he just wants the game to end. ;)
Why not do that after the Epi lynch when he wouldn't have to answer these obvious questions?

Y'all make no sense. :p
Because they win if they get me lynched now.
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The case against Dom could be the most riveting, compelling case to ever exist in a Mafia game and he still wouldn't be confirmed as Epi is. This is my confusion.
He is not confirmed until there is a flip. Him conceding the lynch is just another piece of evidence to consider, and Dom still looks worse to me.
In what universe is Epignosis ever town right now?
The universe that he's completely screwing with us. The universe that Dom's teammate is someone else. I still haven't looked into LoRab or Sloonei for that possibility.

In what universe is Dom ever town right now?
The one you inhabit.

You saw anxious Dom. You say frustrated Dom. You saw a Dom who let himself totally collapse because he was emotionally drawn out.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

So much self-defense. I will never understand.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote:Because they win if they get me lynched now.
Wouldn't they also win if they get you lynched next?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

*talks to the termites under the floorboards*

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Post by Dom »

They would have won for a few days if they got me lynched.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote:They would have won for a few days if they got me lynched.
So you're saying then that the baddies are Epignosis and Quin full stop?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”