79%

Total votes: 19
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 2]

Post by nutella »

Benson wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:06 pm Tbh if someone quoted a bunch if my posts and simply said "fencesitting" I would not feel inclined to give a serious response.
Fair enough. If it were me I'd at least acknowledge the point and explain that it's a town tell for me or whatever.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Anyway yeah I am liking elephant's vanity case
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Benson
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his

Post by Benson »

[mention]juliets[/mention] I'm not seeing what you see that made you flip your vanity read. Can you help me out?

PS I can do some actual ISOing work once I get on my laptop.
vanity.
The Mark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: they/them or she/her

Post by vanity. »

i forgot the game existed for a day lol.

alright time to play again
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 1]

Post by Hyena »

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:03 am Hyena, reading your ISO now. Can you remember why you decided to pressure Epi with a vote if you hadn't read his ISO?
Hyena wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:40 pm Wait, my vote is bad. I didn't actually read Epignosis's ISO, and I actually like their process of finding 112 civ.

So, like
[VOTE: Unvote] aubergine
Yeah, I remember seeing someone mention something bad about Epi, so I figured I'd at the very least poke at him to see if I can form an opinion on them from it. I don't think I realized at the time that his ISO was pretty short and easy to get through.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

i have 3 voters?

why?
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

I can see a world where hyena is a wolf and is TMI-townreading Trustworthy.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

the only thing i saw is elephant made a case on me

i'm sorry for forgetting about the game but uhhh... let's not talk about it anymore
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:30 am @Hyena forget my question about your Epi vote, I just found the answer in your ISO. You said others were scum reading him so you wanted to get him to engage with you and test other's reactions. I just didn't remember him being scum read on Day 0 (your vote was first thing after Day 1 started).
Oh, lol, too late. XD
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

nice to see people are still misgendering me lol.

also i tunneled juliets? wtf? how do you know i haven't reevaluated there?

like i might not be my villager self exactly right now but i'm not a wolf this game lol
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

[VOTE: elephant] aubergine

i guess this is omgus but their case on me reeks of being opportunistic

i could've been gone for any reason. why is that indicative of my alignment? i always post when i'm in a thread, no exceptions
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

also me being self-conscious about my behavior isn't alignment indicative, leaning towards more indicative of me being a villa
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

nutella wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:10 am Ugh as much as I feel attached to my spiny suspicion I have to say boo is looking town now. I think his takes are largely misguided due to culture clash, but I think he really believes them.

Gonna move to [VOTE: vanity] aubergine for some pressure. Where you been dude? Kinda seems like you're coasting
i was anything but coasting when i entered the thread, open your eyes girl
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Elephant did inception in Juliets to make her think vanity is a wolf xD
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

like i get it. i wasn't around. why in the world are people pushing me because of that? it's remarkably dumb
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Benson wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:12 pm @juliets I'm not seeing what you see that made you flip your vanity read. Can you help me out?

Several points from Elephants iso including:

- vanity stalls any initiative to introduce structured conversation
- vanity's reads have very obvious strong player bias
- vanity announces intent to "kill Drago" at -1:45, his reason on the actual vote is "don't want epi lynched"
- Vanity tunnels Juliets from the star, never re-evaluates
- vanity establishes a D2 pool of suspects along his old, biased reads
- Subjectively, vanity does not feel like the town!vanity from wildcards 1 (a point I agreed with earlier)

Elephants comments inside the spoiler (I don't want to reproduce the entire spoiler but let me know if this confuses you)

- I find this notable, because Evenstar had stated that Pawn would usually be correct in his reads independent of his alignment. MIchelle's question was well justified. (this had to do with the associative reads business)

- vanity actively stalls on iaafr's initiative. (Iaafr's initiative was everyone post top town read)

- vanity stalls on MacDougall's initiative. (Macs grouping of players)

- vanity is not using teh groups for their intended purpose, and instead launches into a very different discussion that looks like it is engaging with teh groups, but is really just about wolf reads

There are several other things inside the spoiler but all these comments inside the spoiler relate to posts so it's hard to understand unless you look at them.

Are you convinced on Faraday at this point or looking at someone else you think is a better candidate than vanity?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

like if you guys REALLY want the context

i worked yesterday for around 4-5 hours yesterday, came home extremely tired, had to push through ANOTHER game i was playing around the same time, keep in mind i'm not someone who likes playing 2 games at the same time, and only now have i been able to play actively because the game i was in previously ended

like let me actually dissect this "case" elephant made
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

the reason i was telling iaafr that i didn't like his reads is because i didn't like his reads, it's that simple

that's not odd for me as either alignment
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sorry for mis-gendering you vanity.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
vanity.
The Mark

Re: I am the Elephant.

Post by vanity. »

Elephant wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:34 am I changed to the computer to do a proper multi-quote ISO. The takeaway:
- vanity is quite self-conscious on how towny he's being
- vanity thinks Benson subtly shading him as a wolf, @Benson denies
- vanity votes players pushing her: he votes me for suggesting that he could have engaged Jack instead of observing that no group talk was happeneing, and votes Michelle for pushing him over that unmotivated vote
- vanity attempts an in-thread ISO of Michelle
- vanity announces intent to "kill Drago" at -1:45, his reason on the actual vote is "don't want epi lynched"
- vanity skips a day
- Subjectively, vanity does not feel like the town!vanity from wildcards 1.

Actually, that's more than I remembered seeing. I'm less happy with this ISo than I am with Trustworthy Liberal's, because I can understand Trusrtworthy Liberal, but I do not understand this.
vanity. wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:45 pm juliet's play pings me as wolfy so far. thoughts?
vanity.'s second post starts a tunnel.

vanity. wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:34 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:33 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:32 pm
vanity. wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:15 pm i'm probably going to get questions about my nanook read so i'll just explain that now
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:51 pm Hey guys, I was busy the entirety of yesterday and forgot to check in here briefly, but all you missed was me saying hello and kill Lexi forthwith.

That is all, I’m going back to driving now. Someone wake me up at like D6
nanook instantly pushing lld in this post reads to me as "i've been burned by this person bad and i want to lynch them out of paranoia" to me. it's like a classic v thought process in my opinion. now, he has a good wolf game and i wouldn't take this to the grave, but i think it was enough to give him a townread, especially since no one else v read him.
I'm calling Vanity lock town for this post and, like, 5-10 of the posts he made before this one.
Vanity is the towniest town in this game, and I hope we're all in agreement on this.
...am i? am i just this easy of a read?

i feel like nothing i've done is outside of my wolfrange but... k.
vanity. wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:37 pm
Benson wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:23 pm Anyone else think it's a bit wolfy to have a BIG reads list this early? Is that standard for villa-Eva?
Benson wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:34 pm
iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:29 pm don't d1 Juliets, she's Towny in my book and she may get spewed town by an actual scumflip down the line
This is where I am. I think she has the type of playstyle that the wolves will target for a mislynch.
this is like shading me without wanting to actually confront me

i know you're think i'm wolfy, if you think i'm a wolf then just say it. the fact that you're not engaging me at all is worrisome.
vanity. wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:39 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:36 pm
vanity. wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:34 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:33 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:32 pm
vanity. wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:15 pm i'm probably going to get questions about my nanook read so i'll just explain that now

nanook instantly pushing lld in this post reads to me as "i've been burned by this person bad and i want to lynch them out of paranoia" to me. it's like a classic v thought process in my opinion. now, he has a good wolf game and i wouldn't take this to the grave, but i think it was enough to give him a townread, especially since no one else v read him.
I'm calling Vanity lock town for this post and, like, 5-10 of the posts he made before this one.
Vanity is the towniest town in this game, and I hope we're all in agreement on this.
...am i? am i just this easy of a read?

i feel like nothing i've done is outside of my wolfrange but... k.
To be fair, I've not seen your scum game. But I read you in G7 (you died as I subbed in) and watched you in in WC1, and you play this game similarly to how I do. Everything I see from you so far has been so pure, IMO.

How would you describe your wolf range, then?
my wolf range, huh...

while i haven't wolfed on forum before, and this game is another non-turbo village game from me, because randing wolf is impossible for some reason, but i'm the powerwolf type. a lot of people that know me from dm wouldn't give v reads on me this early, because they know i can give compelling thoughts on the game as a wolf.

i'd post around the same as either alignment. if i'm in the thread, i'm posting. that's all there really is to it. if you think i'm pure, cool. i don't think you're a wolf at the moment, so i'm comfortable with this.
vanity. wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:41 pm
Benson wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:38 pm I'm not ok with vanity being consensus villager at this point. He's clean, yes; but almost too clean, if you know what I mean.
Call it gut-feels, but I'm giving him a soft FoS.
what are you talking about? you've literally made posts that soft reference me in talking about wolfy behavior. are you not realizing this or what?
Benson wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:49 pm
vanity. wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:41 pm
Benson wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:38 pm I'm not ok with vanity being consensus villager at this point. He's clean, yes; but almost too clean, if you know what I mean.
Call it gut-feels, but I'm giving him a soft FoS.
what are you talking about? you've literally made posts that soft reference me in talking about wolfy behavior. are you not realizing this or what?
Lol I do realize that but those soft references didn't have you in mind. I was speaking fairly generally. By calling you clean I meant that your posts in a vacuum just look ostensibly villagery.
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:07 pm i don't particularly hate or love any of these wagons

this sucks....
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:53 pm sprityo's being towny and i remember thinking they were towny before hand despite the post about him worrying about being lynched

ughhhh

what do
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:55 pm also this whole thing regardung the charts is like useless

i don't want to shut it down but i really think it's not getting us anywhere

nutella and eva are still both towny to me
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:30 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:28 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:26 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:26 pmHowdy, all. o/
howdy, glad to see you here. how's it going?
Doing pretty good! You?
doin okay

kinda chilling, i'm townreading a lot of people and it's bad for me i think. plus i'm not really devoting that much time to this game anyways.

i want to vote off sprityo. considering a juliets vote or maybe tonystarkprime or something

trying to sort it out
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:34 pm [VOTE: 112] aubergine

let's pressure here actually
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:19 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:16 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:08 pm gonna try parsing hyena vs evenstar real quick

the fact that they're not finding each other is raising red flags but independently speaking i think both are very villagery
Oh this is an interesting point.

Idk if I trust you completely though. But I mostly agree with your do not lynch list at least.
that's fine, i haven't been overtly obvious villager with my spam-y posting at tbe moment but i'm trying when i can

you might've picked up on it, but if hyena and evenstar perceive their town games to be similar, and they're not finding each other, it's making me think something is there. though i understand any given game a disconnect can happen between 2 villas, as i've seen it before elsewhere

eva is definitely more in her chaos-posty archetype too but i don't want to touch her at all
"i haven't been overtly obvious villager with my spam-y posting at tbe moment but i'm trying when i can"
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:05 pm
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:03 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:00 pm like eva, i understand that you find pawn to be right very often but...

why does pawn have to be right in this instance? and more importantly, why is pawn towny to you? and if pawn is a wolf, what does that mean for iaafr and mac's alignments?
Why are you pushing for associative reads? Isn't this too early into the game?
i'm not the one pushing for associative reads? eva is saying that pawn saying mac and iaafr are town, makes mac and iaafr town. i'm not the one that is making that association, eva is making it. hence why i'm questioning her.
I find this notable, because Evenstar had stated that Pawn would usually be correct in his reads independent of his alignment. MIchelle's question was well justified.
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:54 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:53 pm
iaafr wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:51 pm I still proposed that one where everybody mentions their top townread to discuss their takes on their top townreads reads

but idk doesn't feel right for this d1
My top townread is Vanity, and I liked the list of people he thought were villagers.
for what its worth he wasn't actually proposing us to do it now but alright
vanity actively stalls on iaafr's initiative.
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:07 pm reminder that we have like... 20 hours before eod

idk if there's gonna be ample time to set this thing up lol
vanity stalls on MacDougall's initiative.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:07 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:07 pm reminder that we have like... 20 hours before eod

idk if there's gonna be ample time to set this thing up lol
It's done, setup, just go for it.
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:08 pm whatever i guess 10-11 am and 1-2 pm eastern work best for me
vanity interprets Mac's initiative to require specific times, and then sets a schedule that is hard to match. By contrast, Juliets just set out to working and addressing her group as soon as she was online, because a forum is an asynchronous medium that does not require scheduling a date to get engaged. In comparison, vanity is stalling, and Juliets is not.
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:13 pm group 1 is like probably infested with wolves btw lol
vanity is not using teh groups for their intended purpose, and instead launches into a very different discussion that looks like it is engaging with teh groups, but is really just about wolf reads, but not even

vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:41 pm guess i can entertain your ideas mac, not doing color coding tho

dark green:
hyena
creature
nutella
jack
mr
iaafr

light green:
sprityo
mac
epig
lld
spiny
benson

yellow:
nanook
texas
evenstar
pawn
elephant
rej
long con
drago
dom

orange:
dfaraday
tonystarkprime
juliets
quin
michelle
tlib

red:
nova
I have added color coding: orange and blue for playing in the Championship wildcards/finale or not, bold for everyone here.
vanity suggested the bottom 5 players for today's "box".
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:49 pm be back tomorrow at the times i said i'd be here (10 am - 11 am and 1 pm - 2 pm eastern and probably eod as well)
vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:55 am oh shoot i forgot about the group thing uhhhh'

woops
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:29 pm if tlib tonystark juliets and 112 contain no wolves this game is gonna be hard as hell for me
vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:17 pm apparently the group discussions aren't happening and i have absolutely nothing to say at the moment so i guess i'll just see you guys in like 3 hours for eod
vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:51 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:49 pm
Elephant wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:38 pm You could've talked to Jack?
@vanity.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/cwF-o4haZ ... =34&end=49
sure? guess i'm not opposed. let's talk about, idk, the weather?
vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:54 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:52 pm
vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:51 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:49 pm
Elephant wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:38 pm You could've talked to Jack?
https://www.youtube.com/embed/cwF-o4haZ ... =34&end=49
sure? guess i'm not opposed. let's talk about, idk, the weather?
I guess I got excited enough cutting that clip that I forgot you said you had nothing to say. :shrug:
i'm not opposed to talking but the game just doesn't interest me at the moment

think i'm also reminded why i prefer shorter games over longer ones
vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:04 pm
Michelle wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:02 pm
vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:59 pm
Michelle wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:54 pm
vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:45 pm honestly since i'm not really that invested in the game and most people think i'm a villa i'm just gonna lay low and sheep others

[VOTE: elephant] aubergine
they are in a wrong way thinking you are villager?
Sounds like an excuse to park a vote in a new wagon
what? i legit don't know what you're trying to say

if people think i'm a villager, then i don't want to get in the way of solving. i'm not going to be a cook this game. that's just how i'm going to play.
i don't want you to be a cook i want you to be villagery if you are villager. Sheeping others is not always villagery.
i've already been villagery

get off my case
vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:13 pm
iaafr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:12 pm kill Michelle she's not Towny
yeah i'd expect to have a townread on michelle at this point if she were a villa

[VOTE: michelle] aubergine

vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:17 pm okay whatever screw it

just gonna iso michelle and give thoughts

apparently you want me to be a cook. my playstyle normally is to be unapologetically town. so i'll be a cook
vanity then launches into a piecewise ISO in the thread that I've only ever seen done once, by a wolf.
vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:17 pm i could kill drago here i think
112 was a scum lean for her in the reads, and Drago was not.
vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:42 pm [VOTE: drago] aubergine

don't want epi lynched
vanity does not mention his earlier intent to vote Dragomir.
vanity. wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:13 pm i'm not going to be here for much longer but i'm willing to do a small amount of solving while i'm present
vanity. wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:17 pm tlib
elephant
juliets
long con
dfaraday

this is the list of suspects i'm working within today. get crackalackin.
vanity. wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:20 pm i'll be around for 5 minutes. the wolf lynch + this spicy mechanic has revitalized my interest in the game
vanity. wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:26 pm i'm peacing in 5 minutes

i have work tomorrow but i should be active after around 2 pm eastern
this is actually terrible.

i have honestly not read all of this, but what i have read, none of this is particularly wolfy in a vacuum. if it is, how?

it's like you have to push me and are struggling to come up with compelling reasons. c'mon dude.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:42 am Hyena, this interaction caught my eye:

Vanity: you might've picked up on it, but if hyena and evenstar perceive their town games to be similar, and they're not finding each other, it's making me think something is there.

Hyena: no comment yet

Can you comment on this yet?
Oh! Yeah, I can. At that moment, if I remember correctly, I was kinda pushing Eva. However, I wasn't actually scumreading her at that time. At the same time, I didn't want her to know that, or else she wouldn't take my push on her seriously. Thus, when Vanity said he's surprised that Eva and I haven't found each other yet, I didn't want to tell him (or let on) that I wasn't actually scumreading Eva and was just trying to evaluate her, because then Eva would see it and might change her behaviour.
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:42 am Also the following:
Hyena wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:06 pm
iaafr wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:05 pm oh yea tl is probably scum

let's go

[VOTE: trustworthy liberal] aubergine
What if I told you TL was town? :P
Hyena, have you said everything there is to say about TL being town? I know you think he town slipped but that was after you made this comment I think.
Okay, so, me asking this to Iaafr actually had nothing to do with me D2 saying that TLib possibly townslipped. My question was intended to provoke Iaafr.

As for the townslip, I can bring it up if you guys really want to. I think I saw Benson expressing some doubt about me townreading TL, too, while going through my mentions. Let me know if you want me to.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

also why is juliets blatantly plagiarizing from elephant's case?
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:33 pm
Benson wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:12 pm @juliets I'm not seeing what you see that made you flip your vanity read. Can you help me out?

- Subjectively, vanity does not feel like the town!vanity from wildcards 1 (a point I agreed with earlier)

Elephants comments inside the spoiler (I don't want to reproduce the entire spoiler but let me know if this confuses you)

- I find this notable, because Evenstar had stated that Pawn would usually be correct in his reads independent of his alignment. MIchelle's question was well justified. (this had to do with the associative reads business)

- vanity actively stalls on iaafr's initiative. (Iaafr's initiative was everyone post top town read)

- vanity is not using teh groups for their intended purpose, and instead launches into a very different discussion that looks like it is engaging with teh groups, but is really just about wolf reads

There are several other things inside the spoiler but all these comments inside the spoiler relate to posts so it's hard to understand unless you look at them.

Are you convinced on Faraday at this point or looking at someone else you think is a better candidate than vanity?
The thing is I see only a couple of those things a maybe Wolfy; the rest being NAI. Which piece of evidence do you think is most damning to vanity and why?
FWIW, I didn't even *do* those initiatives and I'm town, so I think that should be necessarily wolfy.

I haven't established where I want to land today. I'm keeping my cards close for now but I should hopefully have some conclusions to make after reviewing ISOs again.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

we need to turn this game around

elephant has no credibility in the village. them trying to make a case on me and push on me is asinine.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

^ I *don't think
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:38 pm also why is juliets blatantly plagiarizing from elephant's case?
Because Benson asked me what caused me to change my vote and the answer was some of the things in Elephants case. So I pointed out which things - I wasn't "plagiarizing" but I'm not surprised you used such an inflammatory word in connection with me. I guess I should have just said "Some of the things in Elephant's case"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

oh good dfaraday has made exactly 2 posts the whole game.

that's going to be a wonderful slot to solve.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:43 pm
vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:38 pm also why is juliets blatantly plagiarizing from elephant's case?
Because Benson asked me what caused me to change my vote and the answer was some of the things in Elephants case. So I pointed out which things - I wasn't "plagiarizing" but I'm not surprised you used such an inflammatory word in connection with me. I guess I should have just said "Some of the things in Elephant's case"
The thing that I found concerning (and I assume vanity did too) was that you were just restating Elephant's observations. BUT those were the 'whats' regarding vanity; I want the 'Why'.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:42 am Finally, the one thing I really didn't like in your ISO and again this could be a culture thing was you asking boo to vote for 112 to tie it up. I'm torn whether to call it scummy or chalk it up to differences in mafia playing methods and culture.
Oh, I wanted to address this, because it feels like most of the conflicts I'm having with Syndicate players are coming down to differences in culture and playstyles. Part of me wants to continue to try to convince you guys that, yes, this is me being towny and that it's probably just playstyle/culture differences, but at the same time, I can't think of a reason why you should trust me when I say all that, because I can easily be saying that as a wolf, right?

Thus, I have kinda avoided confronting Epi, Dom, boo, and others about it and have been hoping to find another way to show them I'm town. I don't think their suspicions of me are scummy at all, and are in fact what I'm used to experiencing when playing with people I haven't played with before.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

that's not what you had to do

just point out a couple things in your own words about what made me wolfy. trying to compile elephant's reads for why i'm wolfy is extremely lazy.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:43 pm oh good dfaraday has made exactly 2 posts the whole game.

that's going to be a wonderful slot to solve.
I'm annoyed. 2 posts in like 6 days is simply unacceptable
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Benson wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:39 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:33 pm

The thing is I see only a couple of those things a maybe Wolfy; the rest being NAI. Which piece of evidence do you think is most damning to vanity and why?
FWIW, I didn't even *do* those initiatives and I'm town, so I think that should be necessarily wolfy.

I haven't established where I want to land today. I'm keeping my cards close for now but I should hopefully have some conclusions to make after reviewing ISOs again.
I'll take another look at the things I cited and try to cull out those that might be NAI that I found to be wolfy on first read. Also, vanity's response to some of the points might cause me to move off of him anyway.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]vanity.[/mention] sorry dude, like I said I won't blame you for not being around, but please address this post:
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:23 am @vanity. you don't have a huge number of D2 posts, and in most of them you have some focus on whether or not certain players were on the Drago wagon and ensuring that we consider potential bussing. I feel like we all reached a consensus that yes we need to look for bussers but somehow your contributions stop there and you haven't been very active in our actual hunting activity so far. If it's just a time issue I won't hold it against you but I do expect a little more when you're available.
And please also address the actual points in elephant's iso. I will probably move off you but only if you take this pressure seriously.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Huh, well vanity seems to have gone full rage-mode over having votes which is reading way more cornered baddie than upset civ to me. I didn't find the cases compelling enough to consider a vote for him, but now I'm kind of inclined to.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

i need to tone down the aggression. i'm sorry, that was uncharacteristic of me
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:46 pm

just point out a couple things in your own words about what made me wolfy. trying to compile elephant's reads for why i'm wolfy is extremely lazy.
Lazy? It took much longer than your suggestion. I was trying to be precise.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:44 pm I don't usually have the term "mindmeld" in my lexicon, but that's twice for us now I guess.

Also, your pic is more handsome and charming than I would have imagined a hyena could look. :haha:
Hyenas are more photogenic than people think!
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

nutella wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:48 pm @vanity. sorry dude, like I said I won't blame you for not being around, but please address this post:
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:23 am @vanity. you don't have a huge number of D2 posts, and in most of them you have some focus on whether or not certain players were on the Drago wagon and ensuring that we consider potential bussing. I feel like we all reached a consensus that yes we need to look for bussers but somehow your contributions stop there and you haven't been very active in our actual hunting activity so far. If it's just a time issue I won't hold it against you but I do expect a little more when you're available.
And please also address the actual points in elephant's iso. I will probably move off you but only if you take this pressure seriously.
the reason i wanted to explore bussing and encourage others to consider potential bussers was because there are so many people in our particular group that did vote on

otherwise i probably would solely push on people that didn't vote drago. but the field we have to evaluate in regards to people that didn't vote drago is too small
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:39 pm we need to turn this game around

elephant has no credibility in the village. them trying to make a case on me and push on me is asinine.
Did you miss the D1 lynch result? The only "we" that makes sense there is you're mafia...

Elephant making a case on you is Elephant playing the game. This is an absurd and insulting/rude (like several of your recent posts have been) statement.

I'm moving over to [VOTE: vanity.] aubergine
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:49 pm

why the need for precision? elephant's case is very easy to access and out in the open.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

boo wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:48 pm Huh, well vanity seems to have gone full rage-mode over having votes which is reading way more cornered baddie than upset civ to me. I didn't find the cases compelling enough to consider a vote for him, but now I'm kind of inclined to.
lol.

i wouldn''t be upset at all if i wasn't actually being villagery. i've had a villagery game so far and plenty of people have noticed. it's just unfortunate that there's no one like that in this group.

also me raging like that is probably in both of my ranges but i think i would have more courtesy as a wolf overall
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Now this is getting interesting
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Benson wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:45 pm
The thing that I found concerning (and I assume vanity did too) was that you were just restating Elephant's observations. BUT those were the 'whats' regarding vanity; I want the 'Why'.
Benson I'll keep this in mind for revising my answer to better meet your needs. I will wait to produce a revised read to when vanity has finished replying to Elephant so I won't have to do two revisions.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

also i never would've bussed drago d1, and ESPECIALLY not for a reason like "i don't want epi to die"

like what am i actually doing there if epi is a v? unless epi has a god wolf role that's even better than drago's
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

boo wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:28 am DF is being DF. Getting a post or two each phase from him is typical. In the past, I've always been fine with lynching him for it (and often argued for it), because either he gets lynched early for it, or he skates to the end of the game after people bring it up and it largely gets ignored. If the lynch goes in his direction today, I'd be fine with that. But it's only ever my first choice when I have no actual suspicions, and I think we got enough to work with from D1 that we could get another baddie today with the information available if we're smart about it, whereas with DF, lynching him is just a random result that might (but statistically probably won't) go well, but even if it does, won't give any actual information to then use going forward.
The lack of info from his lynch is the one huge drawback that's makes me hesitant to go forward with the DFar lynch, yeah
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

you're being ignored boo.

i don't have the time or patience to entertain this "vanity is raging in a wolfy way"

you understand why that's not compelling, right?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:51 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:49 pm

why the need for precision? elephant's case is very easy to access and out in the open.
Jesus vanity, you are trying to nit pick me to death why don't you address Elephant's points instead. Precision because that is how I play mafia. I'm thoughtful, deliberative, and specific. You haven't read the posts in here but I'm trying to let some of that go because it's not the style you guys play, give me a break.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Ugh vanity, the only thing Im nervous about is how concerned you are about how "villagery" you've been. That just makes me suspect you're a wolf that thinks he played a clean game and deserves credit.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

I still don't like vanity as a wagon today.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Elephant wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:05 am
Hyena wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:18 pm Also, I think TLib unintentionally townslipped earlier. I don't want to point it explicitly out right now though, but if you go looking through his D2 posts, you might see it, too. Take it with a grain of salt though.
I am really too paranoid for this, you know??? Especially in situations that can be anticipated by the mafia team, a townslip can be premeditated. But maybe I have not seen the same thing that you saw.
I'm considering just posting the townslip, but yeah, that's why I say take it with a grain of salt. I've been screwed over by scum faking townslips before, lol.

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”