79%

Total votes: 19
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 2]

Post by nutella »

Idk man, I'm not an expert though I do have access to the admin control panel so maybe I could figure out if it's possible but I don't want to accidentally see anything I'm not supposed to see and it doesn't seem that important to our gameplay so I won't. But I know admins have been able to do other weird things with thread permissions for games in the past.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

nutella wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:21 pm Idk man, I'm not an expert though I do have access to the admin control panel so maybe I could figure out if it's possible but I don't want to accidentally see anything I'm not supposed to see and it doesn't seem that important to our gameplay so I won't. But I know admins have been able to do other weird things with thread permissions for games in the past.
Would depend on how much of ACP you have access to. Hosts get (or used to, anyways) some limited access (can see reports on users, some limited IP information, control over whatever is relevant to the host/mod group) that I imagine is similar access all mod-type user accounts have, but would be a lot less (or should be, if permissions aren't being horribly mismanaged) than admins. And (if memory serves) LT did a lot of the design of TS and did it the same way she did RM, so I would expect it was done well, cause she knows her shit.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
vanity.
The Mark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: they/them or she/her

Post by vanity. »

i took too long of a break lol

lettuce eod
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

so boo and dfaraday are the lead wagons

bleh. don't love
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

[VOTE: long con] aubergine

kinda wanna look here tbh
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

for what it's worth i have no read on dfaraday and i don't even know if i'll ever get a read on them or if they're worth keeping around so i guess that is a fine vote

but it feels like a cop out at the same time
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]juliets[/mention] gimme one or two good town games? I looked at sockville where I thiiink you were town? But it was a short iso so maybe something meatier but also recent?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:37 pm @juliets gimme one or two good town games? I looked at sockville where I thiiink you were town? But it was a short iso so maybe something meatier but also recent?
Steely Dan, the heartbreaking one. Just a minute and I'll get you the link.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

this is an amazing wolf game from nutella if she's a wolf. i've only seen 1 wolf game from her, which was the champs scrim, but goodness gracious she's villagery.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his

Post by Benson »

[VOTE: Trustworthy Liberal] aubergine

I'm starting to think he may not be trustworthy.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:37 pm for what it's worth i have no read on dfaraday and i don't even know if i'll ever get a read on them or if they're worth keeping around so i guess that is a fine vote

I am feeling bad about voting for boo, a participating player that I'm voting because of his predecessor, when there are DF and TL out here not engaging with us. But I know that doesn't make them scum.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

boo isn't being very solvey though. He's just there.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Benson wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:39 pm [VOTE: Trustworthy Liberal] aubergine

I'm starting to think he may not be trustworthy.
[VOTE: Trustworthy Liberal] aubergine

Maybe this will bring him in to share reads, thoughts.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

the boo wagon doesn't look great to me. nutella v but juliets n and long con w concerns me
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:35 pm [VOTE: long con] aubergine

I missed this - what do you see here with LC vanity?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:45 pm the boo wagon doesn't look great to me. nutella v but juliets n and long con w concerns me
I'm off of him for right now at least.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:45 pm
vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:35 pm [VOTE: long con] aubergine

I missed this - what do you see here with LC vanity?
how to explain it...

long con's recent posts ping me as just not confident and calculated. they're also struggling to give a stance on the game in most of their posts i feel

also their evaluation of the boo vote feels wolfy in the sense that it's too level 1
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Re: Inception [Hypnagogic Phase]

Post by Hyena »

@vanity.
vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:58 pm
Benson wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:57 pm Ugh vanity, the only thing Im nervous about is how concerned you are about how "villagery" you've been. That just makes me suspect you're a wolf that thinks he played a clean game and deserves credit.
literally if you think i'm villagery, i'm probably a villager. that's how my meta goes unless i am able to get to a point where i am able to blur my ranges.
vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:59 pm every single time i've been a villager i've been townread in a decent rate. not an exception here.
The attitude you're showing here is very different from the attitude you were showing at the beginning in the game. For reference, this is what you posted near the beginning of the game:
vanity. wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:34 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:33 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:32 pm
vanity. wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:15 pm i'm probably going to get questions about my nanook read so i'll just explain that now
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:51 pm Hey guys, I was busy the entirety of yesterday and forgot to check in here briefly, but all you missed was me saying hello and kill Lexi forthwith.

That is all, I’m going back to driving now. Someone wake me up at like D6
nanook instantly pushing lld in this post reads to me as "i've been burned by this person bad and i want to lynch them out of paranoia" to me. it's like a classic v thought process in my opinion. now, he has a good wolf game and i wouldn't take this to the grave, but i think it was enough to give him a townread, especially since no one else v read him.
I'm calling Vanity lock town for this post and, like, 5-10 of the posts he made before this one.
Vanity is the towniest town in this game, and I hope we're all in agreement on this.
...am i? am i just this easy of a read?

i feel like nothing i've done is outside of my wolfrange but... k.
vanity. wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:39 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:36 pm To be fair, I've not seen your scum game. But I read you in G7 (you died as I subbed in) and watched you in in WC1, and you play this game similarly to how I do. Everything I see from you so far has been so pure, IMO.

How would you describe your wolf range, then?
my wolf range, huh...

while i haven't wolfed on forum before, and this game is another non-turbo village game from me, because randing wolf is impossible for some reason, but i'm the powerwolf type. a lot of people that know me from dm wouldn't give v reads on me this early, because they know i can give compelling thoughts on the game as a wolf.

i'd post around the same as either alignment. if i'm in the thread, i'm posting. that's all there really is to it. if you think i'm pure, cool. i don't think you're a wolf at the moment, so i'm comfortable with this.
What's changed since then? You think you're being villagery now obviously, but back when you made the above two posts, you mentioned that you didn't feel like you had done anything outside of your wolfrange. What specifically do you think you've done that finally put you outside of your wolfrange?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]Creature[/mention] [mention]Elephant[/mention] [mention]Hyena[/mention] where u animals at
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh Hyena's here cool
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:49 pm Oh Hyena's here cool
Yup, just got back. <3
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:33 pm It's tough to judge vanity without ever having played with him before. Exasperated claims to his villagery-ness don't really do a lot for me.

I don't like the look of boo's hop on to the vanity vote though, it looks opportunistic. The "Did you miss the D1 lynch result? The only "we" that makes sense there is you're mafia..." is not something that feels like honest scumhunting either.

Looks like the TL wagon isn't really taking off, so I'll check out the boo one instead. [VOTE: spiny boo] aubergine
the more i stare at this the more i'm like

"probably a wolf tbqh"
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:37 pm for what it's worth i have no read on dfaraday and i don't even know if i'll ever get a read on them or if they're worth keeping around so i guess that is a fine vote

Oh, I won't deny for a second that it's a huge copout, lol. I'm not ashamed to say that.
vanity.
The Mark

Re: Inception [Hypnagogic Phase]

Post by vanity. »

Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:48 pm @vanity.
vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:58 pm
Benson wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:57 pm Ugh vanity, the only thing Im nervous about is how concerned you are about how "villagery" you've been. That just makes me suspect you're a wolf that thinks he played a clean game and deserves credit.
literally if you think i'm villagery, i'm probably a villager. that's how my meta goes unless i am able to get to a point where i am able to blur my ranges.
vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:59 pm every single time i've been a villager i've been townread in a decent rate. not an exception here.
The attitude you're showing here is very different from the attitude you were showing at the beginning in the game. For reference, this is what you posted near the beginning of the game:
vanity. wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:34 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:33 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:32 pm
vanity. wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:15 pm i'm probably going to get questions about my nanook read so i'll just explain that now
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:51 pm Hey guys, I was busy the entirety of yesterday and forgot to check in here briefly, but all you missed was me saying hello and kill Lexi forthwith.

That is all, I’m going back to driving now. Someone wake me up at like D6
nanook instantly pushing lld in this post reads to me as "i've been burned by this person bad and i want to lynch them out of paranoia" to me. it's like a classic v thought process in my opinion. now, he has a good wolf game and i wouldn't take this to the grave, but i think it was enough to give him a townread, especially since no one else v read him.
I'm calling Vanity lock town for this post and, like, 5-10 of the posts he made before this one.
Vanity is the towniest town in this game, and I hope we're all in agreement on this.
...am i? am i just this easy of a read?

i feel like nothing i've done is outside of my wolfrange but... k.
vanity. wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:39 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:36 pm To be fair, I've not seen your scum game. But I read you in G7 (you died as I subbed in) and watched you in in WC1, and you play this game similarly to how I do. Everything I see from you so far has been so pure, IMO.

How would you describe your wolf range, then?
my wolf range, huh...

while i haven't wolfed on forum before, and this game is another non-turbo village game from me, because randing wolf is impossible for some reason, but i'm the powerwolf type. a lot of people that know me from dm wouldn't give v reads on me this early, because they know i can give compelling thoughts on the game as a wolf.

i'd post around the same as either alignment. if i'm in the thread, i'm posting. that's all there really is to it. if you think i'm pure, cool. i don't think you're a wolf at the moment, so i'm comfortable with this.
What's changed since then? You think you're being villagery now obviously, but back when you made the above two posts, you mentioned that you didn't feel like you had done anything outside of your wolfrange. What specifically do you think you've done that finally put you outside of your wolfrange?
i just finished a game and it gives me more drive to play now that we're out of d1 and we have legitimate things to analyze. d1's just not my forte usually, my reads tend to not be good on d1
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:49 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:33 pm It's tough to judge vanity without ever having played with him before. Exasperated claims to his villagery-ness don't really do a lot for me.

I don't like the look of boo's hop on to the vanity vote though, it looks opportunistic. The "Did you miss the D1 lynch result? The only "we" that makes sense there is you're mafia..." is not something that feels like honest scumhunting either.

Looks like the TL wagon isn't really taking off, so I'll check out the boo one instead. [VOTE: spiny boo] aubergine
the more i stare at this the more i'm like

"probably a wolf tbqh"
Will take a look at him.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

actually... don't wanna look at long con. just looked at the d1 vote again

[VOTE: unvote] aubergine
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Long Con's case against TL was what I didn't really like. It was as if he was forcing reasons for TL being a wolf.

I think I leave Long Con alone today simply because of his interactions with Drago.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

elephant dfaraday creature boo

hrmmm...
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

actually these wagons are fine

carry on

lolme
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Can I interest anyone in an Elephant wagon?
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Benson wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:43 pm boo isn't being very solvey though. He's just there.
I've been plenty 'solvey', but it all got brushed aside as misreads from not being familiar with most of the people in our groups mafia culture. I don't agree with it, but when you take 4 votes and 3 of them are based on 'you replaced someone I kinda maybe sorta suspected', pushing for lynching people who aren't one of the 4 voters just seems like a good way of helping dig your own grave.

So, I am essentially forced to try and get a policy lynch since that's where other votes are, so I can continue for another day and hopefully be able to actually make the pushes I'm interested in.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

i think there's almost always a busser on drago but i'm not lynching a voter on drago today. just not smart game-wise
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Benson wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:55 pm Can I interest anyone in an Elephant wagon?
[VOTE: elephant] aubergine
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:52 pm actually... don't wanna look at long con. just looked at the d1 vote again

Yeah, like, the only three I'd consider lynching outside of DFar are probably Boo, you, or Elephant, with you and Elephant being the more risky by informative choices. It would be cool to resolve you two, but ehhhh. I'm not confident that you two are for sure v/w.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Benson wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:55 pm Can I interest anyone in an Elephant wagon?
Perhaps.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:54 pm elephant dfaraday creature boo

hrmmm...
I forgot about Creature. Like, I dunno if I just haven't paying close attention to him, but he's faded from existence from my perspective. The only thing I remember him doing in the last 24 hours is him joining the DFar wagon with me and, like, Benson.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:56 pm
vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:52 pm actually... don't wanna look at long con. just looked at the d1 vote again

Yeah, like, the only three I'd consider lynching outside of DFar are probably Boo, you, or Elephant, with you and Elephant being the more risky by informative choices. It would be cool to resolve you two, but ehhhh. I'm not confident that you two are for sure v/w.
risky but informative** rather
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

the only thing i can assure you is that i am a villager. those other lynches seeem decent.

the amount of effort that elephant put into their case on me is the one thing that just makes me sure they're a wolf. still feels bad to get wolfread by him for going m.i.a but i understand somewhat
vanity.
The Mark

Re: I am the Elephant.

Post by vanity. »

Elephant wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:02 pm vanity just finished an 8000 posts per 3 days mafia on MU, and so did Creature, TrustworthyLiberal, Michelle, Evenstar, Jackofhearts2005, and iaafr. I expect this explains vanity's absence today.
also i read this and was like

well i reacted negatively but reading more closely i'm not sure why. i didn't post 8000 times in that game, only 800!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:59 pm

the only thing i can assure you is that i am a villager. those other lynches seeem decent.

the amount of effort that elephant put into their case on me is the one thing that just makes me sure they're a wolf. still feels bad to get wolfread by him for going m.i.a but i understand somewhat
vanity do you mean because he put in a lot of effort or did you see it as hastily put together?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Elephant put in work on the vanity case but it reads like a smear campaign because none of the stuff was even that wolfy.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:01 pm
vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:59 pm

vanity do you mean because he put in a lot of effort or did you see it as hastily put together?
i think effort was very clearly put in but a lot of it was stuff from that wasn't really alignment indicative. and honestly if you think i'm playing in a way that isn't alignment indicative i probably should be wolfread by people lol

i dont think it was rushed or anything. but the case has flaws for sure.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I think I've been so hesitant about even considering Elephant as a lynch is because I agree with him on two things.
1. Drago flipping mafia doesn't clear 112, and that, in fact, she could still be scum, and
2. I didn't feel good about Vanity saying that five people (the Drago non-voters) should be focused on today, and that it felt like he was trying to narrow discussion.

On the other hand, aside from #2, I don't really have any issues with Vanity, and he would still be my top town if it weren't for #2.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

also elephant is an alt of someone who is decently active on mu

duly noted.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

[VOTE: Elephant] aubergine
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

vanity. wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:17 pm tlib
elephant
juliets
long con
dfaraday

this is the list of suspects i'm working within today. get crackalackin.
4 drago voters

what was past me doing lol. i did think at the time these were people i wanted to pressure but these are not the suspects i'm working with today
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

[mention]Hyena[/mention], what's your read on TLib?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

for what its worth there's very likely a wolf in those names fmpov
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:07 pm
vanity. wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:17 pm tlib
elephant
juliets
long con
dfaraday

this is the list of suspects i'm working within today. get crackalackin.
4 drago voters

what was past me doing lol. i did think at the time these were people i wanted to pressure but these are not the suspects i'm working with today
Okay, so I wasn't crazy. Long Con WAS on the list, lol. It was Creature that I was wrong about.

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”