50%

Total votes: 16
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 485
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:29 pm I'd go sig out of the two. I could see him being scum from these selections taken from his 13 posts.
sig wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:37 amWhat ever came of LC potential scum slip? That epi pointed out I don't see much mention of it, but I feel like there should be.
Maybe it's just me, but this "scum slip" was ridiculous, so trying to hearken back to it is fishy.
sig wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:33 am Howdy, sorry for not voting, I'd have gone for Daisy or LC since I didn't really see the case on any player. I'll address Daisy really fast, but first I want to say I really dislike the movement from her and JJJ to go after low posters who are kind off present, but not. I'll be totally honest I'm not very present and I find it odd people expect massive posts thanksgiving weekend. I also didn't expect this game to have 1400+ posts before day 3.

So since no lynches are impossible at this point one of the two, I'm assuming Jack due to vote break down has to be civ? Since mafia doesn't have a lynch survivor. Either way one of the two players should be seen as lock clear civ.
This "her and JJJ" pairing, for the sin of low-poster chasing. I can see this coming from a mafioso mindset.

@sig your last post was a week ago, did you forget about the game?
His last time online was a week ago too...
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 5]

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:31 pm Honestly, I don't think it's good for a player to be replaced into a game so late into the game. What is INH going to contribute even if he does show up? ((what is sig even going to do when he finally comes back lol?)) I'm clearly the exception because I am obsessive, compulsive, competitive freak who will read everything and post like a madwoman. But after Day 1 and Night 1 have passed, players shouldn't usually be replaced imo.

anyway, INH is probably scum. If a vig still exists in the game, take him out.
I used to replace people whenever when I was a host.

Then some people complained about it.

Nowadays I estabilish a dealine (usually End of Night 3) and if I can't get everyone replaced by then I start distributing the modkills.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:28 pm
colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:21 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:08 pm Talk to me about Long Con.
Lean good, because he's playing the weirdest scum game if he's bad. I'm not putting that past him, based on his apparent reputation here, but that's some heavy tinfoil.

Him listing Jack as his biggest suspect two nights in a row before Jack is killed is one of the biggest reasons I lean town. I can't figure out a motive for that as scum at all. He also questions Epi when Epi said his JJJ vote made him look better, which is mostly a good look (if a bit WIFOM). I wish he had more content in the last few days though.
Someone who has a longer history with LC can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the underlined is his MO.
I feel the opposite as you do about his WIFOMy denial of credibility for thr Jay vote. The way he framed it and his tone in the post feels like he was saying it purely for the WIFOM factor. That sort of thing is not town-indicative.

Who's on your short list of suspects right now?
Quin, Wilgy, sig, inh. Last two are purely POE. Wilgy mostly hunch more than a real case atm. Need to look into more people - mal and Jack are gone, I've come around on speed, and apparently I was misinterpreting / missing context from some of Kyle's posts.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 798

Post by dunya »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:29 pm I'd go sig out of the two. I could see him being scum from these selections taken from his 13 posts.
sig wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:37 amWhat ever came of LC potential scum slip? That epi pointed out I don't see much mention of it, but I feel like there should be.
Maybe it's just me, but this "scum slip" was ridiculous, so trying to hearken back to it is fishy.
sig wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:33 am Howdy, sorry for not voting, I'd have gone for Daisy or LC since I didn't really see the case on any player. I'll address Daisy really fast, but first I want to say I really dislike the movement from her and JJJ to go after low posters who are kind off present, but not. I'll be totally honest I'm not very present and I find it odd people expect massive posts thanksgiving weekend. I also didn't expect this game to have 1400+ posts before day 3.

So since no lynches are impossible at this point one of the two, I'm assuming Jack due to vote break down has to be civ? Since mafia doesn't have a lynch survivor. Either way one of the two players should be seen as lock clear civ.
This "her and JJJ" pairing, for the sin of low-poster chasing. I can see this coming from a mafioso mindset.

I know you're townie and all, but did you choose sig because he threw some shade your way? You take people suspecting you almost as an automatic sign of scumminess.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:32 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:31 pm Honestly, I don't think it's good for a player to be replaced into a game so late into the game. What is INH going to contribute even if he does show up? ((what is sig even going to do when he finally comes back lol?)) I'm clearly the exception because I am obsessive, compulsive, competitive freak who will read everything and post like a madwoman. But after Day 1 and Night 1 have passed, players shouldn't usually be replaced imo.

Nowadays I estabilish a dealine (usually End of Night 3) and if I can't get everyone replaced by then I start distributing the modkills.
oh, modkills exist on this forum?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

INH probably had a fallout from CC123. He seemed mega stressed in that game. Which is completely NAI.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:33 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:32 pm

oh, modkills exist on this forum?
No. But I've hosted a lot of games in another forum.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

They will exist in this forum as soon as my first game hgere gets put on sign ups, though.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

EBWOP: I had forgotten that Sig post about Epi, I didn't like that one either.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:31 pmanyway, INH is probably scum.
How is it probable? There are more Civ roles than bad, so isn't it more probable he's Civ?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:34 pm

INH probably had a fallout from CC123. He seemed mega stressed in that game. Which is completely NAI.
Agreed.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

rip Malakim :\
what is this based on?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:35 pm
How is it probable? There are more Civ roles than bad, so isn't it more probable he's Civ?
it's probable in my head so don't try to dissuade me. :meany: Either way, I think someone with 0 posts is a big fat question mark, now or down the road. Civ or mafia, how has INH's presence helped LC hunt scum? Isn't INH a "possible inactive scum"? How can you ever get a town read on INH?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:23 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:16 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:15 pm Meh. Sorry malakim.

I was having a feeling he would be a civ with his ragequit and all.

But like... how am I supposed to deal with a player who just quits at the first sign of pressure?
Idk, let's ask sig and inh.
do you think sig rage-quit?
No. I haven't seem him around the site at all recently, though I haven't been looking. My guess is he got busy, as promised, and then this thread exploded. Offering honest content is difficult. I missed the part where DDL said "at the first sign of pressure."

INH seemed to be devastated by the way he died in CC-123 (right around when he subbed in here), and likewise I have not seen him around the site since. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted a break from mafia after that and simply forgot about his place in this game.

I can do nothing to determine the alignment of either of them with this information.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

what's NAI?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:33 pm(talking about LC) I know you're townie and all,
I have a question, dunya.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:29 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:22 pm DDL, do you do rainbows? I'd love to see one from you if that's in your playbook.
I have nothing personal against them but I never actually have a read on everyone so they tend to mostly be guesses.
I want to see your guesses, if you don't mind. That's all any rainbow is, really.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:39 pm

what's NAI?
Not alignment indicative.
Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:40 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:33 pm(talking about LC) I know you're townie and all,
Pretty sure I was about to ask the same question. :nicenod:
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

what
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:33 pm

I know you're townie and all, but did you choose sig because he threw some shade your way? You take people suspecting you almost as an automatic sign of scumminess.
No, I chose sig because someone mentioned him and INH, and it made me want to see what posts they had, if any. Sig had some, so I looked, and saw two things that I thought a scum might do: push a cool-sounding but baseless accuation that someone else made, and pairing a Civ with a baddie teammate.

There are a number of people here who have suspected me that I haven't levelled accusations against. Jack was my main suspicion and one of my biggest supporters. Due to the glaring flaws in your assertion, I'm forced to wonder what your motive is. A dunya-sig w/w pairing? Perhaps.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

what's NAI?
"Not alignment-indicative"
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

^ hahahaha yes, I'm scum with sig and INH. ;)
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:35 pm
it's probable in my head so don't try to dissuade me. :meany: Either way, I think someone with 0 posts is a big fat question mark, now or down the road. Civ or mafia, how has INH's presence helped LC hunt scum? Isn't INH a "possible inactive scum"? How can you ever get a town read on INH?
Clearly nothing has helped me hunt scum, INH's absence included.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Ok I'll bite.

DDL
Epignosis
Sloonei

Nutella
Dunya

Dr. Wilgy
Long Con
Speedchuck

Sig
INH
Elohcin
Quin

Kylemii
Colonialbob

[mention]Sloonei[/mention]

Orange means it's a light suspicion. I'm not really sold on it.

Yellow is neutral.

Anything above yellow is some degree of civ read.

Yes I'm torn on my scumpects.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:43 pm
what
I was wondering which parts of LC's play have led you to "known townie" status for him
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Damn, sloonei went from a really Civ read to your worst scum read by the end of that list! :grin:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:46 pm
what
I was wondering which parts of LC's play have led you to "known townie" status for him
:kadaj:

LC is not at the chopping block for now. Keep looking.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

so I think I'm going to start with my reassessment of colonialbob, as I promised Sloonei to give him my full perspective (when I isod him previously, it was 2am and I finished at 3am). I'll take notes this time and try to go through your 5000 word essays on him with a neutral mind.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:50 pm so I think I'm going to start with my reassessment of colonialbob, as I promised Sloonei to give him my full perspective (when I isod him previously, it was 2am and I finished at 3am). I'll take notes this time and try to go through your 5000 word essays on him with a neutral mind.
:fist: You said you were doing me first!
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:39 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:23 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:16 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:15 pm Meh. Sorry malakim.

I was having a feeling he would be a civ with his ragequit and all.

But like... how am I supposed to deal with a player who just quits at the first sign of pressure?
Idk, let's ask sig and inh.
do you think sig rage-quit?
No. I haven't seem him around the site at all recently, though I haven't been looking. My guess is he got busy, as promised, and then this thread exploded. Offering honest content is difficult. I missed the part where DDL said "at the first sign of pressure."

INH seemed to be devastated by the way he died in CC-123 (right around when he subbed in here), and likewise I have not seen him around the site since. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted a break from mafia after that and simply forgot about his place in this game.

I can do nothing to determine the alignment of either of them with this information.
I was talking about malakim.

He posted something I thought was scummy. I voted for him. He went on a rant about how I'm not supposed to vote for people who just replaced. I voted back to JJJ. Next day, he begins the day with a passive aggressive "I know I'll be lynched anyway since people don't respect replacements in this forum". I respond with a snarky comment telling him to stop whining and play. He says "fuck you" and never logs in on the Syndicate again.

Not an exchange I'm proud of since I could have been more diplomatic, but imo if you sign up for a game of mafia you should at least expect to be lynched at any moment. It's hard to deal with someone who is ready to get offended every time they see a positive number in front of their name on the poll. I want to be nice to new players but I'm a player too. I'm here to lynch people.

Sorry for the rant guys.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:50 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:50 pm so I think I'm going to start with my reassessment of colonialbob, as I promised Sloonei to give him my full perspective (when I isod him previously, it was 2am and I finished at 3am). I'll take notes this time and try to go through your 5000 word essays on him with a neutral mind.
ok fine, I'll do you both simultaneously.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:53 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:50 pm
ok fine, I'll do you both simultaneously.
I'm trying to read this post without giggling like a teenager but it's too hard.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:47 pm
what

For the record, this isn't my favorite answer ever. I'll let Kyle pursue it if he wishes.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:47 pm Damn, sloonei went from a really Civ read to your worst scum read by the end of that list! :grin:
That's my cousin, atSloonei. He's pure evil.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:45 pm Ok I'll bite.

DDL
Epignosis
Sloonei

Nutella
Dunya

Dr. Wilgy
Long Con
Speedchuck

Sig
INH
Elohcin
Quin

Kylemii
Colonialbob

@Sloonei

Yellow is neutral.

Thanks, I dig this. Were there any names you had a difficult time deciding on? Or any reads that you surprised yourself with?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:56 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:47 pm
what

For the record, this isn't my favorite answer ever. I'll let Kyle pursue it if he wishes.
because I think it's a waste of time now for me to get into explaining how and why I see LC is town when I haven't gotten all my scum reads.

You want to catch 3 scummers, not try to prove everyone is townie. LC isn't a primary suspect for anyone, let's not get sidetracked and waste time.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:03 pm LC isn't a primary suspect for anyone, let's not get sidetracked and waste time.
Last I checked this wasn't true, but I'm more interested in what you're doing right now than that.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:56 pmFor the record, this isn't my favorite answer ever. I'll let Kyle pursue it if he wishes.
you're not my real dad, i can do what i want :pout:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:09 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:56 pmFor the record, this isn't my favorite answer ever. I'll let Kyle pursue it if he wishes.
epi turned you into a monster too :disappoint:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:01 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:45 pm Ok I'll bite.

DDL
Epignosis
Sloonei

Nutella
Dunya

Dr. Wilgy
Long Con
Speedchuck

Sig
INH
Elohcin
Quin

Kylemii
Colonialbob

@Sloonei

Yellow is neutral.

Thanks, I dig this. Were there any names you had a difficult time deciding on? Or any reads that you surprised yourself with?
Wouldn't say I surprised myself because I have a general view on everyone. But the view for a lot of cases is "no idea". In recent years I've been more careful before actually saying someone looks civ or bad without a good reason for it.

I guess the bottom is hard to put a finger on than the top. I have a bad gut feeling about Kyle but it might be tunneling from my part, and so far I've been too lazy to actually ISO him. I don't have such a bad feeling about Bob, but I'm mostly sheeping you you since a lot of your points are good.

I've gut read Quin as civ before but he has also said some really suspicious stuff. Eloh is unreadable from my experience so I'm not even trying. INH/Sig are inactive.

Wilgy I don't really have a gut read but he looks good on the Jay lynch. Speed loooks slightly less good but I have a slightly better impression on him. LC is mostly gut.

Dunya onwards is where I start actually being confident. Mostly because information gathered from polls.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Back me up here DDL.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

basically I'm going with gut + one or two posts that look suspicious + sheeping on someone else's deep analysis.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:11 pm
Back me up here DDL.
I've given up on him a long time ago.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]dunya[/mention]My problem with that sentence fragment wasn't about you referring to LC as town, but rather the talking about it like it was a certain thing part. I don't think anything has happened that can definitively point LC necessarily towards good or bad.

I'm not too worried about it. I think that you're (probably?) town, I was just wondering if you'd read into LC and found some kind of definitive alignment proof.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

DDL-- "Wilgy I don't really have a gut read but he looks good on the Jay lynch."

I take issue you are basing your "good" read on a possible/ definite bussing scenario (not by all members of the team, but some). Is there anything else, other than the Jay lynch, that Wilgy has going for him in your opinion?

Where is Wilgy anyway, he's disappeared lately?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

"Dunya onwards is where I start actually being confident. Mostly because information gathered from polls."

what information from the polls did you gather on me? My voting has been very erratic. I haven't voted with the majority even once since I took over from sprityo.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I mean, I'm glad you town read me, DLL, because you're right. But I'm weary of an easy pass and buddying. :ponder:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:24 pm "Dunya onwards is where I start actually being confident. Mostly because information gathered from polls."

what information from the polls did you gather on me? My voting has been very erratic. I haven't voted with the majority even once since I took over from sprityo.
Samething I said about Sloonei early. Your votes stick out so hard I'd expect Jay to be yelling atyou in BTSC.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:22 pm DDL-- "Wilgy I don't really have a gut read but he looks good on the Jay lynch."

I take issue you are basing your "good" read on a possible/ definite bussing scenario (not by all members of the team, but some). Is there anything else, other than the Jay lynch, that Wilgy has going for him in your opinion?

Where is Wilgy anyway, he's disappeared lately?
Well he's acting like a normal, scumhunting citizen, which is so rare for him it makes me feel good.

And I believe there was a civ in the Jay lynch, and that either Wilgy, or Speed, or both was an attempt to save Jay.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

hmmmmm. ok.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”