Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 3]

Post by MacDougall »

Bullzeye's first post in Talking Heads Mafia where he was my teammate.
Bullzeye wrote:Hi everyone! I'm glad to be here :) I have a few things to do this morning but should be able to catch up a bit within a few hours. Anyone who wants to help bring me up to speed on the current discussions would be much appreciated too.
First post in this game.
Bullzeye wrote:Hey everyone, I've just got home and back to my laptop! Have a few errands to run and will hopefully catch up soon enough.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 154
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Essentially:

"You're ugly"

"No, YOU'RE ugly"
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I plan on being back around 30 minutes before deadline, so I'll be able to vote then

Assuming I don't keel over and die after my workout
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sprityo wrote:Essentially:

"You're ugly"

"No, YOU'RE ugly"
No I think what it actually amounts to is me accusing him of really bad NO U and him getting petulant about it but if you want to use it as an opportunity to sling mud at both of us then consider me pinged.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

sprityo are you ever gonna answer my question to you or just ignore it wink wink ;)
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

sprityo wrote:I plan on being back around 30 minutes before deadline, so I'll be able to vote then

I guess not :| I asked you yesterday who you wanted to lynch because reading your ISO you've not named any suspects. Guess I'll find out at deadline huh
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bullzeye wrote:I'm just gonna stop speaking to you because you either don't realise or don't care how ridiculously patronising you are.
I am aware that I was being patronising, but I would consider it the usual level not "ridiculously" and also it was with my tongue firmly in my cheek. I don't think your emotional reaction here is genuine at all. I know you pretty well from sharing scum btsc with you and I don't consider you to be someone who could be shook by something like this.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Black Rock you made 5 posts during Night 2.

One is a reply to Dom's question towards you earlier
One is a reaction to the lynch which is cool
Two of them are about whether the host would bus or help his teammates
And the last one is a joke about the thread being gigantic

Those posts range from 11am to 8:30pm; the fourth was at 7:24pm and the last one was at 8:30 and was a response to the post directly above it. Given these facts I don't think it's unreasonable to assume you had caught up on the night's posts at that time.

What pings me is that was the Night where Enrique made a big stink about me claiming Alfred and being a liar, you couldn't have missed it.

Not everyone knows this, but I know you pay close attention to me in games just like I pay close attention to you. For me it's weird that you didn't give any sort of opinion on me one way or another at this time. It felt like you were content to let it play out without getting involved. That is not what I'm used to from civvie BR.
Don't want my point on BR to get lost in this madness.
Is it fair to use that point when Black Rock has already made mention of the fact that she is lost in the sea of posts?

It doesn't rescind her from being Mafia though.
I'm looking at the timeline Mac. She made a post at 7:24 that was a response to a post made at 1:13, which in itself was a response to her post from 11am. Then at 8:29, she responds to a post from 8:25 with a joke. From her on-topic post at 7:24 which was a response to something directed at her, to her joke at 8:29 about the thread, is it unreasonable to assume she was catching up on what she missed in between? Alternatively is it unreasonable to assume she didn't really care about catching up?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Turnip Head wrote:
sprityo wrote:I plan on being back around 30 minutes before deadline, so I'll be able to vote then

I guess not :| I asked you yesterday who you wanted to lynch because reading your ISO you've not named any suspects. Guess I'll find out at deadline huh

You are correct

Though as of now, I'm fine with any of the suggested no shows. As well as typh. Albeit it's a weird case, I'm judging it to be 50/50

I did like the point Enrique (I think) brought up earlier about how we should be looking for Nero's teammate as opposed to penguin hunting .
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

MacDougall wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I'm just gonna stop speaking to you because you either don't realise or don't care how ridiculously patronising you are.
I am aware that I was being patronising, but I would consider it the usual level not "ridiculously" and also it was with my tongue firmly in my cheek. I don't think your emotional reaction here is genuine at all. I know you pretty well from sharing scum btsc with you and I don't consider you to be someone who could be shook by something like this.
You obviously don't know me that well if you don't know that the absolute best way to genuinely piss me off is to make me feel patronised.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sprityo wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

You are correct

Though as of now, I'm fine with any of the suggested no shows. As well as typh. Albeit it's a weird case, I'm judging it to be 50/50

I did like the point Enrique (I think) brought up earlier about how we should be looking for Nero's teammate as opposed to penguin hunting .
I'm pretty sure Nero's most obvious teammate is dead but everybody is taking her gambit of roleclaiming an indy as gospel.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

sprityo wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

You are correct

You like the idea that we should be looking for Mafia rather than the Penguin, yet you want to vote for someone who is accused of being the Penguin? Or maybe a no show?

Which of the no shows do you think is Neros teammate?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

MacDougall wrote:Bullzeye's first post in Talking Heads Mafia where he was my teammate.
Bullzeye wrote:Hi everyone! I'm glad to be here :) I have a few things to do this morning but should be able to catch up a bit within a few hours. Anyone who wants to help bring me up to speed on the current discussions would be much appreciated too.
First post in this game.
Bullzeye wrote:Hey everyone, I've just got home and back to my laptop! Have a few errands to run and will hopefully catch up soon enough.
This is so dumb. I replaced into Talking Heads so of course I needed to catch up. I missed the first 30-40 hours of this game so again needed to catch up. Usually I prioritise real life over mafia because I'm just weird like that.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
You obviously don't know me that well if you don't know that the absolute best way to genuinely piss me off is to make me feel patronised.
Patronised? Like you feel I am talking down to you?

What am I supposed to think Bullzeye? You pinged the hell out of me yesterday to the point where I voted for you and now today all you can talk about is TH's case on me (in inconsistent ways) and me calling Matt The Riddler and how it's hypocritical. You've barely made any non Mac content since I voted for you. It's the most obvious OMGUS ever.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

@svs

No shows and Nero's teammate are two different thoughts

They do not have to be correlated
Banners:
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Bullzeye's first post in Talking Heads Mafia where he was my teammate.
First post in this game.
This is so dumb. I replaced into Talking Heads so of course I needed to catch up. I missed the first 30-40 hours of this game so again needed to catch up. Usually I prioritise real life over mafia because I'm just weird like that.
What is dumb about going back to the last game I recall you being Mafia in and finding the most obvious similarity possible right off the bat?

You could, you know, quote me a first post from a civ Bullzeye game to counter it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

sprityo wrote:@svs

No shows and Nero's teammate are two different thoughts

They do not have to be correlated
No... but I an still curious about how your biggest named suspicion is suspected of being the Penguin.
When Penguin hunting is a backburner for you.

Do you think he might actually be bad, or do you think you might just vote for him because he's a topic of discussion?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Black Rock »

juliets wrote:BR, one of the things i don't understand is why, if you had plenty of time to read then but not now, did you skip big chunks when you had plenty of time but didn't want to employ that same procedure when you had no time. (holy crow was that sentence long enough? I hope you understand what I'm saying)
I felt engaged in GoC, I didn't feel engaged in this game.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I don't want to sound bandwagony but in GoC (I know I was scum) but I was reading Black Rock as very very civ. Star Wars as well.

Here, I am reading her fairly differently.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:Black Rock you made 5 posts during Night 2.

One is a reply to Dom's question towards you earlier
One is a reaction to the lynch which is cool
Two of them are about whether the host would bus or help his teammates
And the last one is a joke about the thread being gigantic

Those posts range from 11am to 8:30pm; the fourth was at 7:24pm and the last one was at 8:30 and was a response to the post directly above it. Given these facts I don't think it's unreasonable to assume you had caught up on the night's posts at that time.

What pings me is that was the Night where Enrique made a big stink about me claiming Alfred and being a liar, you couldn't have missed it.

Not everyone knows this, but I know you pay close attention to me in games just like I pay close attention to you. For me it's weird that you didn't give any sort of opinion on me one way or another at this time. It felt like you were content to let it play out without getting involved. That is not what I'm used to from civvie BR.
I also pay closer attention to you when I think you're bad. I have already decided you're not bad. If you got yourself in too much trouble then you'd hear my opinion on you. I don't think you are likely to be lynched any time soon.
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

MacDougall wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
First post in this game.
What is dumb about going back to the last game I recall you being Mafia in and finding the most obvious similarity possible right off the bat?

You could, you know, quote me a first post from a civ Bullzeye game to counter it.
It just means nothing and you almost certainly know it because what difference does it make how I say hi to a thread? Here is my first post in Star Wars, where I was a civ and I seem to recall you hounding me for a lot of that game....
Bullzeye wrote:Yay! I'll catch up as quick as I can but in the meantime if anyone would like to summarise what has gone on so far I'd appreciate it.
Replaced in even later than I replaced into Talking Heads.

In A World Reborn I was a neutral with absolutely no intention of playing civ until the baddies killed the best half of my role:
Bullzeye wrote:Yay :) Just checking in atm will pop back in in a bit!
Note how different it is to all the others, including Talking Heads despite the fact that as far as I was concerned, I was already bad. Also for reference, two games where I was bad:
Bullzeye wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I voted nudge-nudge because I like it better than wink-wink.
In that case I shall vote wink-wink because it's actually way better!
Holy Grail - just announcing my day 0 vote.
Bullzeye wrote:Hooray for a new game! Feels like I haven't played in years. I voted for the key, because a key has to unlock something and that something might be cool or exciting.
HSK - again annoucing my day 0 vote.

So if anything I'm more likely to be bad when the first thing I do is to throw down a vote. I still think there's very little consistency to how I start games in relation to my alignment.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

MacDougall wrote:I don't want to sound bandwagony but in GoC (I know I was scum) but I was reading Black Rock as very very civ. Star Wars as well.

I barely played Star Wars if I do recall. I even got demerit points for that game so I know my game play was not the same between those two games.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Black Rock wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I don't want to sound bandwagony but in GoC (I know I was scum) but I was reading Black Rock as very very civ. Star Wars as well.

I barely played Star Wars if I do recall. I even got demerit points for that game so I know my game play was not the same between those two games.
I assure you I read you as civilian in that game. I know you posted very little but your tone was very genuine.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
First post in this game.

It just means nothing and you almost certainly know it because what difference does it make how I say hi to a thread? Here is my first post in Star Wars, where I was a civ and I seem to recall you hounding me for a lot of that game....
Bullzeye wrote:Yay! I'll catch up as quick as I can but in the meantime if anyone would like to summarise what has gone on so far I'd appreciate it.
Replaced in even later than I replaced into Talking Heads.

In A World Reborn I was a neutral with absolutely no intention of playing civ until the baddies killed the best half of my role:
Bullzeye wrote:Yay :) Just checking in atm will pop back in in a bit!
Note how different it is to all the others, including Talking Heads despite the fact that as far as I was concerned, I was already bad. Also for reference, two games where I was bad:
Bullzeye wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I voted nudge-nudge because I like it better than wink-wink.
In that case I shall vote wink-wink because it's actually way better!
Holy Grail - just announcing my day 0 vote.
Bullzeye wrote:Hooray for a new game! Feels like I haven't played in years. I voted for the key, because a key has to unlock something and that something might be cool or exciting.
HSK - again annoucing my day 0 vote.

So if anything I'm more likely to be bad when the first thing I do is to throw down a vote. I still think there's very little consistency to how I start games in relation to my alignment.
I dunno I can see the similarities between all your scum games and the difference between your civ games. You are more to the point in your civ games. In your scum games you add little quips and explanations.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

What difference does it make how you say hi to a thread?

I catch people in their first posts too often for it to be coincidence so if you're trying to convince me of all people that there is nothing to be found in opening posts then you're shit outta luck.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

You're reading way too much into it and only seeing what you want to see. I think the two most similar posts listed are Star Wars and Talking Heads, where I had completely different alignments.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bullzeye wrote:You're reading way too much into it and only seeing what you want to see. I think the two most similar posts listed are Star Wars and Talking Heads, where I had completely different alignments.
Maybe I am.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

You're also completely ignoring context, some games start in the middle of the night for me so I don't get to them until they're several hours in - perhaps I'll check in on my way out of the house and return later, occasionally some kick off while I'm awake and online so I can just jump straight in. The idea that I'm bad because my first post was loosely similar to a post I made once as a baddie but also once as a civ is completely ridiculous.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bullzeye wrote:You're also completely ignoring context, some games start in the middle of the night for me so I don't get to them until they're several hours in - perhaps I'll check in on my way out of the house and return later, occasionally some kick off while I'm awake and online so I can just jump straight in. The idea that I'm bad because my first post was loosely similar to a post I made once as a baddie but also once as a civ is completely ridiculous.
I wasn't ignoring context. I just put it out there to see what you'd say.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Also it wasn't "loosely similar" it was fucking incredibly similar.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I mean they were both written by the same person.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bullzeye wrote:I mean they were both written by the same person.
Lol you can't see the similarities at all or are you just being facetious?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Voting for Black Rock. I'll cheerlead this lynch.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Okay TH show me what real cheerleading looks like.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

I shall laugh myself to death at this puppy-headed monster. A most scurvy monster! I could find in my heart to beat him
Image Image Image Image
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Sorsha »

I'm leaning towards a BR vote also.

My second choice would be MP.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Oh joy, Matt here to really shake things up.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

lol Matt which of them is the monster?

I'm going to go ahead and vote BR too (ahead of whatever cheerleading is going on) for reasons already discussed in the thread.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote:Okay TH show me what real cheerleading looks like.
Vote for Black Rock. If she's bad we're gonna be on a roll. If she's not you get to watch me fall flat on my face. Win win for you :grin:
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

MacDougall wrote:
I can see some similarity I just don't think it means much. I use the same words to describe the same contexts - in Talking Heads it's not like saying I needed to catch up was related to me being bad, it was because I replaced in with a few hours left in the second lynch of the game. When I arrived to this thread I'd missed most of day zero so I had to catch up and see what had happened. That's probably why they're similar. But I do think if you were to collate all my first posts you'd see a lot of similarities regardless of alignment just because all the posts were written by me.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

You're so wrong TH.

Well I'm voting for Dom. He is soooooo bad. He's got that nasty edge to him like his baddie self. Then he pulls himself back and is very gentle. No matter how this lynch goes I hope some of you will take some time and look at Dom. There is no way he is a civvie this game.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I like how your Black Rock vote occurs and then Sorsha and juliets appear to lend their weight to it. Makes me really comfortable voting for her.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Black Rock wrote:You're so wrong TH.

Well I'm voting for Dom. He is soooooo bad. He's got that nasty edge to him like his baddie self. Then he pulls himself back and is very gentle. No matter how this lynch goes I hope some of you will take some time and look at Dom. There is no way he is a civvie this game.
Sorry Black Rock I'm not allowed to scum read Dom.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
I can see some similarity I just don't think it means much. I use the same words to describe the same contexts - in Talking Heads it's not like saying I needed to catch up was related to me being bad, it was because I replaced in with a few hours left in the second lynch of the game. When I arrived to this thread I'd missed most of day zero so I had to catch up and see what had happened. That's probably why they're similar. But I do think if you were to collate all my first posts you'd see a lot of similarities regardless of alignment just because all the posts were written by me.
I mean like literally you said that you had errands to do before you'd come back and catch up similar. It's like you're coming into the thread and making an excuse for your forthcoming scumminess.

You say you don't THINK it means much. Wouldn't you KNOW it didn't if it didn't?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

It occurs to me that if nobody votes Mac today then we'll know for sure whether or not Typh is the Penguin, for all the good that'll do us.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

MacDougall wrote:

You're not allowed? Because he got his panties in a knot? That happened because he is bad.
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

Black Rock wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

You're not allowed? Because he got his panties in a knot? That happened because he is bad.
A laughter.
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote:Oh joy, Matt here to really shake things up.
Ahem
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

sig wrote:I was suspicious of Mac early in this phase and did think TH made some good points, however I also liked Mac responses and his posts in general. So I won't be voting for him.

I will look over TH's case on BR in a bit, I did have a minor ping of her early on, but can't recall what it was from.

I'm also still considering a Typh vote, but I don't think I will end the phase with that vote. Besides if he is Penguin and tries to blackmail Mac, he can always find a way to tell us tomorrow and we can lynch Typh then.

Enrique's switch from hunting Inmates to not hunting is funny, are you sure you aren't an inmate Enrique? :P

Golden's vote is a slight ping, but not really I'm still reading him as a civ.

@SVS did you answer my question? If not could you please do that.
@DFaraday What are your current thoughts?
sig posts like this more or less exemplify my problem with you. For the whole game, you've stuck to wishy-washy behavior like this. "Heh maybe I think this but I'm also not sure," and then, when you actually do form a strong opinion, you end up going back on it almost immediately. With the major exception being, of course, your insistence that info had to be shared (yes I'm bringing this up because it's still relevant).
sig wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Enrique wrote:Zebra, your team in of Montreal got away with making up a role and getting Made lynched because nobody who was paying attention was left. Inactive players are a huuge disadvantage, and there's no guarantee they're not bad either.

I'm not saying this isn't the case, all I'm saying is that aiming for their lynch unless there's simply no other option is something I can't agree with and can't get behind it.

I haven't paid a lot of attention to sig but I don't like the way he talks about me vs Golden. Then again I feel this way about sig in almost every game... at the beginning he's sensible and I agree more with him than most, then we completely lose track of each other.
sig pinged me pretty hard very recently when he advocated encouraging map discussion from the civs, when the host himself has said that it is essentially discouraged for everyone in general.
The second and imo more important part is Zebra. She is one of the few people who visited a place on her own and is trying to shut down us discussing any messages we received. This is very pingy. The mafia will already be sharing any information they got and they would most likely have picked different locations. The fact she doesn't want to discus this at all is troublesome to me. The host did say it was discouraged true, but we are still allowed to do it.

I'd like some other opinions on this. Should we or should we not share information about map locations?

linki: It was one of the main reasons for your conflict with Golden, and I thought you where implying he had anti civ motives or not wanting to equally focus on the inmates. Since then I think you've clarified your stance on the inmates/mafia and I find it less pingy. However, yes that is how I perceived portions of your discussions.
It's nice that he starts out asking for opinions right? Well, this is what he hears.
a2thezebra wrote:I'm not trying to shut down discussions about the map and even if I was that shouldn't be pingy. It's pingy that you're encouraging discussion about it despite acknowledging that the host discourages that, not for the game's balance, but for those in particular who would be discussing it. It seems to me like you know how mafia could take advantage of the civs discussing where they've been so you want to see that happen to gather information.
Bullzeye wrote:
sig wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Enrique wrote:Zebra, your team in of Montreal got away with making up a role and getting Made lynched because nobody who was paying attention was left. Inactive players are a huuge disadvantage, and there's no guarantee they're not bad either.

I'm not saying this isn't the case, all I'm saying is that aiming for their lynch unless there's simply no other option is something I can't agree with and can't get behind it.

I haven't paid a lot of attention to sig but I don't like the way he talks about me vs Golden. Then again I feel this way about sig in almost every game... at the beginning he's sensible and I agree more with him than most, then we completely lose track of each other.
sig pinged me pretty hard very recently when he advocated encouraging map discussion from the civs, when the host himself has said that it is essentially discouraged for everyone in general.
The second and imo more important part is Zebra. She is one of the few people who visited a place on her own and is trying to shut down us discussing any messages we received. This is very pingy. The mafia will already be sharing any information they got and they would most likely have picked different locations. The fact she doesn't want to discus this at all is troublesome to me. The host did say it was discouraged true, but we are still allowed to do it.

I'd like some other opinions on this. Should we or should we not share information about map locations?
According to the polls thread, Zebra isn't the only person who went to the docks. Typh did too. I agree with you that the mafia will be discussing the info anyway and think it's probably in the civ's interests to have some discussion but if the hosts are discouraging it then maybe the subject should be dropped or at least approached with care. Based on the 'info' I got, I don't know if it'll do us much good anyway at this stage of the game.
Enrique wrote:For what it's worth, I think discussion of the map is pointless and if the hosts discourage it then maybe we shouldn't do it.

You guys realize that the biggest (aka all) Mafia teams have two members, right? They know the results to two of the places as most. It's not like they have some sort of massive advantage over us, why are we contributing to what they know?
And he somehow concludes, without a warning, to post all of his information for the thread to see. This is after it's been pointed out how the thread discourages it, how it's feeding info to the mob not cancelling them out somehow.
sig wrote:
Enrique wrote:okay sig that's not a good look. It's like you simultaneously borrowed from and completely ignored my last post.
I already said we should share some information about our locations, so of course I'd share the information I had, if I didn't it would have looked even worse no?
Then why ask for opinions in the first place?
sig wrote:It isn't a persistent push to discuss maps I've brought it up and am trying to create discussions around it, but I'm not hounding anyone to talk about it. Putting persistent in front of push is an attempt to make it seem like I'm being stubborn and anti-town, stop using evil adverbs on me :P .
Remember this post. "I'm not hounding anyone to talk about it."
sig wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
sig wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I voted City Hall for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I've no idea at all what the hell I'm doing in this game and being the 'outsider' I always seem to be, it seems appropriate for me to select such a location. At 13 pages, this game has gotten so far away from me now... I just can't... :(
Again Glorfidnel was I believe the only person to go to City Hall yet he doesn't want to share what he found out. This seems scummy to me and I know other people disagree however, my opinion on that won't change. Nothing much else here, I think him using the term outsider is strange, though I'm assuming he means from a lore point of view.
Please explain why that is scummy to you. Especially since you're so dead-set on it being scummy that you outright state that your opinion won't change.

linki @ sig - Absolutely. I'll take them over french fries any day.
I just find it to be scummy/Inmatish to hide information especially if it might help us to catch people.
DharmaHelper wrote:Enrique brought up a good point. The mafia right now are two groups of two, so like, does anyone think they'd have the balls to actively participate in early talks? I don't. This bodes well for the current crop of dicussions, and reinforces my thought that nothing suspicious has really happened yet.
I didn't think of this, which actually sounds like a good thought, then again if a high poster gets mafia would they change their play style that much and be able to remain unnoticed?
"I just find it to be scummy."
sig wrote:"not in your best interest" Whose interest though? It isn't in all players best interest but I'd think it could be in the civs/pro civ independents best interest. This doesn't seem to be the general conscience of other players though.
This interpretation still makes no sense. He has backed down from everything else at this point, but never this. He even has to make excuses for it. "It could be in the civs' best interests." Really?? That's what you get from rule #14??
sig wrote:Okay after thinking about it more I guess not discussing locations isn't necessarily suspicious mafia behavior. Having said this I don't like that Zebra is saying me discussing locations is anti-town I think she is saying this for nefarious purposes.
"Not scummy anymore."

However, he insists that Zebra is being disingenuous by calling him out on this.
sig wrote:This is the post I'm talking about.
DharmaHelper wrote:Enrique brought up a good point. The mafia right now are two groups of two, so like, does anyone think they'd have the balls to actively participate in early talks? I don't. This bodes well for the current crop of dicussions, and reinforces my thought that nothing suspicious has really happened yet.
Now, I think this is interesting. He asks for opinions on a post where DH is saying "Mafia's hiding, nothing suspicious has happened." Then his very next post...
sig wrote:So enrique do you think Matt is mafia?

I also find it curious your voting for me, even though besides my idea of exchanging info you have nothing!? I'd further point out it makes no sense if I'm bad or even an Inmate for me to take a stance that is unpopular and gives me negative attention. I could have never mentioned it or even sided with literally every other player but I didn't. I also dislike how you brushed off my question and know your answer to it is "well it doesn't matter and I can't see inside her head" the whole point of mafia is to try and figure people out yet you refuse to do so re zebra. It is obvious she was trying to set me up and you are refusing to even consider she could be doing this as a baddie/inmate?
Borrowing directly from it. "Why wouldn't I be hiding instead?"
sig wrote:
Enrique wrote:sig I think it makes sense for the Mafia to convince the town to go with what benefits them. That alone is more than I have on like, everyone else, but while Golden could argue and make me think he was being genuine, a lot of your responses just came off worse than anything you'd said before. You kept pushing for a stance and didn't pull the best arguments when challenged. I haven't voted for you yet but I don't see who else I'd vote for at this point.

I brushed the Zebra thing aside because I think it's silly. I don't know if she did it as a civvie, I don't know if she did it as a baddie. I don't care. Frankly I'm not sure anyone got any valuable info, and at least I personally have no reason to get stuck on that.

What makes you ask that about Matt?

sig thats a spin but also im in class brb
You think Matt/Zerba could get lynched am I correct in saying you think Zebra is a civ? IF you feel the same about Matt why vote for me know/soon? Why not hold your vote to save a strong civ voice? I disagree, I don't think the mafia would be as active and try to discuses sharing information so much. If anything the mafia would be against it, they'd go with the herd and not want to spread information so they don't look suspicious or better yet not even mention it at all. I see no reason for why if I was mafia I'd draw attention to myself about sharing information especially when it became clear it was an unpopular opinion.
WIFOM, but most importantly a strong-willingness that you don't see him show on any other topic. In this post he also makes up that I've claimed to read Matt and Zebra as civs and uses it to paint me in a bad light.

To Glorfindel around this time:
I'll also point out you're saying I'm not playing as Town Sig, which isn't always a good playstyle so why shouldn't I be trying to improve it? I repeatedly get lynched and suspected early as town (like right know) so shouldn't I try to stop this from happening? However, this is like the ultimate WIFOM self drag argument and I believe your insincere in pushing it. Or perhaps your being paranoid since I've in the past fooled you as mafia. Which I'm not doing Matty since I'm not mafia this game.
You're right, I'm not playing as Town Sig, but when you say it it's insincere!
sig wrote:
Enrique wrote:Would anyone be willing to follow Matt's formula here? Three players per location to keep the others in check? I spoke against it before but the numbers actually kinda work out.
Still catching up, but are you serious like seriously? You voted for me, BECAUSE I wanted to share info and know you are advocating for not only sharing info but coordinating every player to go to certain locations? like seriously?
Not what I was doing.
sig wrote:
Enrique wrote:Except I'm not advocating for info sharing? Hold your horses, all this does is make sure nobody pulls any info out of their ass.
Even if info isn't given this will help the mafia hide among voters and gather more intel with no explanation, and either way info sharing or no, this is still a complete 180 from your previous view?
How would that plan have helped mafia hide among voters?? They were gonna vote one way or another already! My previous view was "no info sharing," my view at the time of this post was "no info sharing."
sig wrote:I just don't see how it is bad to suggest sharing info? I can see your argument that it is a bad idea, but saying I'm scum for saying it doesn't make much sense to me.

Also welcome sabie.
It's days later and he's still trying to contradict the hosts.

On Glorfindel:
Note I'm not saying you aren't paying attention, I'm saying your mafia/Inmate trying to set up my lynch. :beer:
I'd be up for a Glorfindel lynch today. I will ISO him tomorrow, but my gut is telling me he isn't pro civ at all.
linki: @Scotty Yes as I said earlier Glorf is always nice and carefully words things etc. However, as mafia he tries to act the same way and usually his posts just come out as slightly off. He is unable to keep up the nice Glorfindel act without well sounding off. I've had gut pings of him all of day 1 and I'm convinced he isn't pro civ. I will say this I'm usually 100% right on Glorfindel if he is a civ you can tell, however I've got the same vibe as I did in Star Wars some of his posts seemed like his usually self others seemed like he was trying to be his regular self, I was right in Star Wars, but never pushed him to hard mainly since I was trying to turn to the Dark Side and thought he might be a future teammate. :P
You don't seem as genuine in your niceness this game. Also using your niceness meta as an excuse for being town is untrue. If they read over your baddie game here (star wars) they will see you where nice there to.
I'm not sure about TH first he tried to get me lynched and that didn't pan out, so he switched to Scotty on flimsy reasons. I'd need to think about him more, but right know I still think Glorfindel is bad.
Sounds intense, right? Then it's just nahhh nvm.
Oh I also read over Glorfindel's Star Wars and Pikimon game, he defiantly isn't playing the same as in Pikimon, but not as obviously strange as in Star Wars. You claimed you weren't mafia okay maybe that is true. So tell me which Inmate are you Glorfidnel?
I also still think Glorfindel sounds slightly weird, but as off right know I don't think he is mafia so I won't be pursuing that for the time.
Much later on, when I think Matt is Batman but I don't want to give it away.
Okay good. I saw something but I'm not going to tell anyone CUZ REASONS!
Lets all play like this since ya know it is dangerous to talk in the thread, in fact lets all not talk for the rest of the game about anything game related cuz that's dangerous. just lynch who I tell you to.
He refuses to say just believe him cuz reasons it would be dangerous to say like super dangerous. So just trust him and Not lynch Matt since it would be bad like super bad. just let the mafia kill him tonight.
sig wrote:
Enrique wrote:sig you're literally asking me to out a civvie how am i the scummy one

As long as there's ambiguity I doubt he'll be nightkilled.
I'm asking you to give real reasoning, you suddenly switch your views, tell everyone they are scummy if they have or then do vote for Enrique then paint a big KILLL MATT in the thread. How is that not scummy? Plus he still thinks your a baddie.

Also if Zebra agrees with me that means I'm onto something. :noble:

I was going to vote for Matt, but I really see no point and am curious as to how Nero will flip so I'll go with him.
I'm pretty sure not lynching a civvie is a good thing, but oh well. You can call it "target painting" but what do you think will happen if I out him? At that point he was just begging me out someone I had reasons to believe was good, because if I didn't that was the baddie move.

I admit, this is a lot weaker than I expected on paper. But dammit I don't trust him. You know how Golden called him forgetful earlier? That's what I get from him. He doesn't take positions, and when he does he just immediately abandons them, with one exception. He's probably called me both civ and mafia the most times in this whole game, sometimes 40 minutes apart. He was dead sold that Glorfindel was bad, but then he read another game and that was enough to forget about him forever. Maybe I'm tunnelling or whatever, but I can't shake it. I can't see this dude as anything but bad and I will be voting for him. He is my number one suspect, after all. :noble:
ImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

MacDougall wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
I mean like literally you said that you had errands to do before you'd come back and catch up similar. It's like you're coming into the thread and making an excuse for your forthcoming scumminess.

You say you don't THINK it means much. Wouldn't you KNOW it didn't if it didn't?
Okay I KNOW it doesn't mean anything. Have you considered the fact that both times I had things I needed to get done? Funnily enough my participation in both games began with me getting home from spending a few days with my brother who lives in Wales. I went straight onto my laptop to find out what was going on with this game because I'd been looking forward to it, I hadn't even unpacked or anything.

Return to “Previous Jobs”