Fujin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
60%

Total votes: 15
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 440

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 8]

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:09 pm I changed my mind I want to lynch kyle
Mafia already killed Kylemii. So... He's not maphier
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Jay has pretty much outlined my reasons for suspecting Eloh. Her treatment of Simon in this game is at odds with her treatment of him in vocaroo mafia where they were both civs, and her treatment of marmot during the marmot lynch seemed more focused on being contrary than actually figuring out whether he was guilty or not.

in addition, her suspects lately have included more players i believe are civs than ones who I believe could be mafia
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Oh, I was going to ask JJJ why he was still on Made if Eloh's metaread was that strong

but here we are.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Elohcin »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:28 pm Jay has pretty much outlined my reasons for suspecting Eloh. Her treatment of Simon in this game is at odds with her treatment of him in vocaroo mafia where they were both civs, and her treatment of marmot during the marmot lynch seemed more focused on being contrary than actually figuring out whether he was guilty or not.

in addition, her suspects lately have included more players i believe are civs than ones who I believe could be mafia
My treatment of Simon was different because I had no reason to see him as civ this game like I did in Vocaroo 2. I had no reason to battle the votes on him.

Yes, I thought Jay's suspicions were silly and I repeatedly said so. BUT, if you think that I was more focused on being contrary than trying to figure out if Marmot was guilty or not, then you are just as wrong as Jay on that point. I sat here for hours talking about marmot and reading marmot trying to see for myself. I will not let y'all tell me that I didn't put in any effort on that because it simply isn't true.

I understand our suspects are not the same. Can you tell me why you think Lap is civ? Did you read my posts about why I am suspicious of her?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:58 pm I understand our suspects are not the same. Can you tell me why you think Lap is civ? Did you read my posts about why I am suspicious of her?
Why don't you care at all about Glorfindel's handling of lapluie?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 553

Post by lapluie »

:noble:
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Elohcin[/mention], I hope you're still able to discuss matters. I am still listening.

lapluie isn't getting lynched. You should explain why you think MacDougall should be.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 7]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:03 pm I think I suspect Wilgy more than anyone...hear me out.

I think Dom was the first player that was in need of replacement. I think I remember Epi saying that at some point in the thread.

Let's say Wilgy, Nova, and Dom are the remaining baddies. Marmot is lynched...the last of the participating baddies. Wilgy suddenly decides..."shit, I gotta start talking in the thread now." Dom is finally replaced (with Mac). Wilgy thinks...I will put a vote on him right away to make people think Mac has entered as a civ and not a my baddie teammate.

Am I crazy, or does that sound likely?
Here is the theory you provided that Mac is mafia. It relied upon DrWilgy also having been mafia and placing a distancing vote on Mac.

Wilgy died and flipped civilian. So what does this do to your perception of Mac?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

There is not a lot of reason to think anyone in particular is mafia. Everyone thinks you and kyle are independent. Everyone says Lap was basically confirmed civ by glorf. I think quin is civ because of his posts and his actions about being gone on the cruise(?). Chuck seems like a helpful civ, imo. That leaves Dave, Mac, Made, and Nova. Those are three low/non-participants and Mac who replaced in right after marmot was lynched. Marmot was a participating baddie and may have been the only participating baddie. Then...we had a kill last night...LC, right? I think that was most recent. So in MY POE, Mac is the last participating baddie and was able to replace in just in time for the next night kill. Tell me if I have my facts wrong.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Elohcin wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:38 pm There is not a lot of reason to think anyone in particular is mafia. Everyone thinks you and kyle are independent. Everyone says Lap was basically confirmed civ by glorf. I think quin is civ because of his posts and his actions about being gone on the cruise(?). Chuck seems like a helpful civ, imo. That leaves Dave, Mac, Made, and Nova. Those are three low/non-participants and Mac who replaced in right after marmot was lynched. Marmot was a participating baddie and may have been the only participating baddie. Then...we had a kill last night...LC, right? I think that was most recent. So in MY POE, Mac is the last participating baddie and was able to replace in just in time for the next night kill. Tell me if I have my facts wrong.
Last participating baddie would require 2 nonparticipating baddies right? Dave and who else?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:38 pm There is not a lot of reason to think anyone in particular is mafia. Everyone thinks you and kyle are independent. Everyone says Lap was basically confirmed civ by glorf. I think quin is civ because of his posts and his actions about being gone on the cruise(?). Chuck seems like a helpful civ, imo. That leaves Dave, Mac, Made, and Nova. Those are three low/non-participants and Mac who replaced in right after marmot was lynched. Marmot was a participating baddie and may have been the only participating baddie. Then...we had a kill last night...LC, right? I think that was most recent. So in MY POE, Mac is the last participating baddie and was able to replace in just in time for the next night kill. Tell me if I have my facts wrong.
Made and NVN have both posted recently enough that they could be delivering kills, right?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:41 pm
Last participating baddie would require 2 nonparticipating baddies right? Dave and who else?
I said non/low participating...that's what I meant the second time saying it too, sorry. And it would be made or nova. Yes, those have posted (to answer Jay as well) but not all that much. If they aren't participating much in thread, I can see them not being around for night actions too. I am just trying to make sense of it all with looking at it from the thread's point of view as y'all have basically categorized so many players into certain spots. Meaning, the independents and named certain players as civs. If I have to agree with you guys on those players, and I am civ, then I have to make my own POE list and try to make out who is bad among them. Does that make sense?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:52 pmIf I have to agree with you guys on those players, and I am civ, then I have to make my own POE list and try to make out who is bad among them. Does that make sense?
It does make sense. We just have to judge the sincerity.

Would you lynch Made?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I always see him as bad :p. So I have a hard time knowing if he really is or not. But, yes. I suppose I would vote made after taking a good look at all the players and putting aside my thoughts on lap. I'm trying to stop being so stubborn. Can you tell? I know I have a problem. I blame Epi. We have been together too long. Don;t tell him I said so :D
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I voted Made.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

ok...I will go there too and hope it's what is right. I wasn't a fan of this POE thing when I first saw it used a few games ago. I felt like it was a cop-out. But it actually seems to work when you get down to the end of the game. I guess I just miss seeing all the connections players used to make to find mafia. I was never good at it myself, but it was still fun to read.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Perhaps it's a symptom of one being here and the other not, but I do think Elohcin sounds genuine in her attempt to POE a game that is otherwise POEing her.

I think a Made lynch is preferable.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

and you're positive about this?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:12 pm and you're positive about this?
I'm not positive, no. You'll recall though that I have cased Made at least as hard as I have Elohcin, and in the latter's case I see a little more room for error in my judgment. The Simon comparison re: Vocaroo 2 isn't rigid for one thing, as in that game her defenses were based upon his non-usage of the computer in the house. That factor may not apply here, given Simon's time on the computer or the relaxed demands of a text game vs. a voice game. Elohcin is right that she did discuss Marmot more thoroughly than I let on; indeed I was intentionally harsh in my delivery of that accusation to stir her response.

It's also still plausible that they're both mafia. For now I think the Made case is the stronger one.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

We have like 90 seconds.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Oh, the poll ends tomorrow. I thought this was literally EOD. :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:19 pm We have like 90 seconds.
it's saturday :p
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Good then. Plenty of time to talk it over.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:19 pm We have like 90 seconds.
heheheu these are the greatest
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 226

Post by MacDougall »

Nah
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:15 amNah
what are you disagreeing on? say it loudly
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lynch elo
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

oke I support u
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:25 amLynch elo
but wat about Made?!??!?!1111111

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:36 am
Tbh I don't really care
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

if Eloh is innocent then mafia is probably..... made, nova and.... dave?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck is also a wildcard tinfoil possibility but i think he's probably alright???
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:44 am if Eloh is innocent then mafia is probably..... made, nova and.... dave?
How do you feel about Elohcin's most recent responses to criticism?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:39 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:36 am
Tbh I don't really care
Don't you say that, MacDougall! Don't you ever say that! You do care! YOU CARE! :puppy:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'm just burned out. Too much of a good thing you know.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:47 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:44 am if Eloh is innocent then mafia is probably..... made, nova and.... dave?
How do you feel about Elohcin's most recent responses to criticism?
she seems genuinely frustrated. But I think at this late stage of the game where it feels like both sides are in the edge of losing I can't imagine frustration at being lynched would be alignment indicative.

her recent posts have put some amount of doubt in me, and maybe that was the point? Idk... I really want to do this right. I'm rereading Eloh's posts through the lens of "what if this is the same Eloh that was playing vocaroo" and things look... different.

I remember being really confident that Elohcin was mafia in vocaroo mafia, because her suspects all went against the most common PoE lists, im worried maybe that's what's happening here? Eloh is never afraid to go against the norm... and a mafia Eloh defending mafia marmot the way she did would have been more aware of how conspicuous she was being.

i think out of Dave, Eloh, Novaselinever, and Made only one of them can be a civilian, two of those 4 being good would require tinfoil on MacDougall or maaaaybe speedchuck?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:46 am i think out of Dave, Eloh, Novaselinever, and Made only one of them can be a civilian, two of those 4 being good would require tinfoil on MacDougall or maaaaybe speedchuck?
It's a dilemma. You've even forgotten about Quin (or maybe not?). I'm still feeling three mafia in the group of four you cited:

Dave
Elohcin
Made
novaselinenever

I kind of gave Dave a break because of my previous observation of Marmot's call for a vig shot on him. That means less now that I realize there's no living and public vigilante in the game. It'd require a secret ability to exist, meaning Marmot wasn't inviting anything to happen that he had a real reason to fear.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

mmmmm Marmot didn't know that scorpion was the dead 1-shot vigilante, I also have to assume the mafia expected a vigilante of some kind since one of their roles is a doctor (or whatever the mafia version of doctor is), which would be an almost useless role without a chance for kills targeting the mafia
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

when did novaselinever vote for mac?

is anyone silenced today?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:07 am mmmmm Marmot didn't know that scorpion was the dead 1-shot vigilante, I also have to assume the mafia expected a vigilante of some kind since one of their roles is a doctor (or whatever the mafia version of doctor is), which would be an almost useless role without a chance for kills targeting the mafia
das troo :ponder:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I believe everyone who would be expected to make posts this phase has made posts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

would marmot have had anything to gain from asking for a vig kill on a silent teammate Dave? it's not like you can gain civ credit by bussing a teammate that way...
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I suppose Made hasn't posted today. He's been flaky most of the game though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:19 pm I suppose Made hasn't posted today. He's been flaky most of the game though.
silenced or just absent?

[mention]Made[/mention] you might be about to die, plz help us decide whether it's a good idea or not
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

made has not posted at all during this day phase.

I'd kinda assumed Jax was either dead or opting not to use their silence power late-game since discussion is our strongest weapon (and also cus there's a role that needs Jax dead)

i can't imagine made would be a good silence target since he's already been p spotty with participation so far
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I will be at a Super Bowl party this evening which may or may not last to the deadline.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I have DnD tonight. I see no reason not to lynch Made.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:10 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:09 pm I changed my mind I want to lynch kyle
Mafia already killed Kylemii. So... He's not maphier
Lol ok then.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

we have 2 hours, are we all still okay with Made?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I just changed my vote to Made and I want you all to know that if he flips Mafia I deserve the credit

Return to “Previous Jobs”