Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Night 8

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:Yes, I think the hosts have done a phenomenal job. You all make good points as to why LC should remain insanified.
Indeed, let's just hope the post comes soon and enjoy the extension of N8 while we can!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I am also specifically interested in hearing Epig 2.0's thoughts on why he thinks Chris is lying about the role claim for one of two roles and what is he thinking about other players at the moment, whenever he gets to it.
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

I don't know where I stand on the insanifier convo. Night is tchnically over, but Chris makes a good point that strictly speaking this long dawn delay is an unintended glitch. At any rate I reckon LC can stand this balloonery a little longer. :haha:

Chris, just want to clear up the fact that my vote for Sabie had nothing to do with your cases. I switched from Epig to Sabie because my vote for Epig was based on flimsy circumstantial evidence, whereas Sabie seemed quite conspicuous.

As for Epignosis, idk what to say. If you don't want to play the game, quit the game, y'know? Real life comes before mafia, that goes without saying, but we all have lives. I feel like this is more of a popularity contest than a game for some folks here.

I agree that the hosts have done a great job. These delays happen in every game, no biggie.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
keys56000000000
The Mark

What's the deal with Dana, btw? I see her name on IRC everyday. Did she just bail?
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I don't necessarily believe Epig doesn't want to play, he just has seemed busy to me and hasn't had the chance to contribute amid defending himself. Sure, could be a baddie ploy, but I don't know. I've never seen Epig act like this before in a game; "disinterested" is the last word I thought I'd ever use to describe his play in a game. Additionally, you could argue that same thing for Dana or Gotrees, doesn't mean anything about their alignment.

I know you mentioned your suspects for Cyber and such, keys, but who is your #1 suspect (if you had to choose) and why? And do you think there's a recruiter role or what are your thoughts on that?

Linki: I think she has fallen greatly behind and hasn't yet caught up. It's a shame because she had a lot to contribute earlier in the game, some of which was insightful IMO, so hopefully she comes back soon.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

This game DOES have a crapton of posts; as Dom pointed out, it has more than any other game on this site already. I'll take most of the blame for that. :P

But my point being that while it is frustrating when players don't fully participate, that could have some effect on the behavior of a few relatively inactive individuals.

To Dana and Gotrees, I say, even if you feel you can't catch up, just start from where you come in now and play with us!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Maybe Epi's entire baddie team is about to get decimated and he doesn't feel like going through the motions anymore. :p

And maybe he's having fun doing all those other things instead of playing mafia, I'm sure he is, but the Epi I'm used to would brag about how he had time for real life AND mafia.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

keys56000000000 wrote:Chris, just want to clear up the fact that my vote for Sabie had nothing to do with your cases. I switched from Epig to Sabie because my vote for Epig was based on flimsy circumstantial evidence, whereas Sabie seemed quite conspicuous.
To me it felt like you switched your vote because Chris asked you to in order to help save him. Was that not the case? And when did you change your mind re: your vote for Epi, did you always believe it to be based on "flimsy circumstantial evidence"? And what do you think about Epi now?
keys56000000000
The Mark

Turnip Head wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:Chris, just want to clear up the fact that my vote for Sabie had nothing to do with your cases. I switched from Epig to Sabie because my vote for Epig was based on flimsy circumstantial evidence, whereas Sabie seemed quite conspicuous.
To me it felt like you switched your vote because Chris asked you to in order to help save him. Was that not the case? And when did you change your mind re: your vote for Epi, did you always believe it to be based on "flimsy circumstantial evidence"? And what do you think about Epi now?
I was trying to save Chris, although I didn't think he was in particular danger like he was in the lynch before. I didn't see why changing from Epignosis to Sabie would help Chris. I changed my vote because I was afraid I was voting for a civ - bottom line. Sabie was genuinely acting suspicious, so it made sense to switch.

I always believed it to be flimsy. I can see Canuck being bad, being invested in another game, wanting not to let anybody down, doing the right thing and backing out before it was too late. What do I think of Epignosis now? :shrug: I lean towards misguided civilian.

MP7, my top suspects are DF, Gotrees, Hedgeowl, and to a lesser extent, Bass, ninjukyugou and Elohcin. I don't have a front-runner; I don't know whom to vote for.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

Keys, did you see my previous post in response to you?
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Why did you vote for Epi in the first place Keys? Just following Chris?
keys56000000000
The Mark

I think it was you that swayed my thinking on Canucklehead and thus Epignosis, TH.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

What did TH say?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I remember what I said that prompted Keys to vote for Epi now. We were talking about Canuck and whether or not she'd sub out as a civvie or baddie. FWIW I think each is equally likely. It's definitely a flimsy premise for a vote.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Anyways I still suspect Epi and if I'm alive after the night post I'll be sure to start picking that case apart. But I'm still just as concerned about Bass. And I think we need to start making some headway on finding The Master and the recruiter before it's too late.
keys56000000000
The Mark

Hedgeowl wrote:Keys, did you see my previous post in response to you?
Yeah, you make a good case for your innocence, you say all the right things. I'm new here, but I think you are extremely sharp. Slick play is exactly what I'd expect, so you can see my dilemma.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Burn out is pretty much it- it's not me disliking this game, which is amazing (and I even made sure to let the hosts know this). I have never been replaced and won't be here.

MP's return to the land of the living is not surprising to me.

Regarding sabie voters, three of them I feel I can trust (at present), but I will refrain from naming them. Out of ten voters, I'd bet money a sabie teammate crept in there, and my money is on DFaraday. His first Day 8 post reeks of tactical maneuvering. His second post noted that sabie hadn't said anything to change is mind, but sabie didn't say anything at all between his first post and his second other than this. Sounds like a canned response.

Finally, I stand by my current suspicion, whom I'll be voting for again.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

duh DUH DUH!!!

And who, pray tell, would that be Epig?

Why are you insisting that I'm The Master? I know you didn't role check me... did you get bad info? Other than me surviving 2 NKs, and not voting MM, do you have any actual thread evidence?

Or is it all hyperbole?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I didn't know I was insisting that.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I think Chris is the recruiter.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:I think Chris is the recruiter.
Is this a newfound belief? And why do you think that? I'm intrigued.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

He's bringing up a lot of cases, drudging up voting records etc but he hasn't looked into any leads on who recruited Roxy. I think it was him. In addition he's been obsessive in mentioning he's not the Master which just makes me think he has a different role to hide.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

You may be on to something. If i change my opinion tomorrow..... :p
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
keys56000000000
The Mark

Epignosis, I think Chris was targeted by the Cybermen and lived. So The Master is all he could be, other than this mysterious recruiter fellow.

Chris ain't the recruiter, TH. He's a civilian. Belie' dat.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Turnip Head wrote:He's bringing up a lot of cases, drudging up voting records etc but he hasn't looked into any leads on who recruited Roxy. I think it was him. In addition he's been obsessive in mentioning he's not the Master which just makes me think he has a different role to hide.
I told you where I was looking yesterday for the recruiter.I told you that after looking at them for a while, I didn't like where it was heading. I also told you that I was a little burnt out. You say that I put all that effort into the Cyber cases...is'n't that kinda enough? I mean, how much do I need to do? I'm at work now, and I've been checking here and there. I do have a life you know... :P

You want to hold me feet to the flame on who the recruiter could be? I think it could be either Juliets, Ninju, I thought Elo but you seemed to indicate that if I thought that, you'd say I was bad, and also Dana, but MP sounds like he'll start a lynch on me if I think that way.

So really, where am I supposed to look? And why aren't you looking for the recruiter? Or anyone else that is?

Dredging up voting records is what got us Sabie for fucks sake.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Is this a newfound belief? And why do you think that? I'm intrigued.
It's what I think. That, or that he was recruited.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Chris I'll be happy to answer any questions you have. Would you share the reasons you think I'm the recruiter?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Also, I'd like to know why you think ninja blooper is the other possibility.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Because I was pressed into it by TH, juliets.

I said I didn't like it. The only reason I even looked at the one I mentioned was because you guys were on the lower end of the post count, but not non-existent. Around just enough.

But I couldn't find much to back it up.

There's NOTHING to work with when looking for The Master or the recruiter. The Master's BTSC partner was recruited, who knows when, and most likely never had contact. What is there to look for?

I think we need dumb luck to get either. But it ain't me.

And TH, you think the recruiter has NK protections too? 2 or more? How powerful would you like this recruiter to be???
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Thanks for your response Chris.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Chris wrote:There's NOTHING to work with when looking for The Master or the recruiter. The Master's BTSC partner was recruited, who knows when, and most likely never had contact. What is there to look for?

I think we need dumb luck to get either. But it ain't me.
I'm not talking about the master recruiting MM though. I'm talking about whoever recruited Roxy. Why can't we look at how people played with Roxy? Who voted for her, who didn't, why or why not, that seems like a good start. Why are you saying there's nothing to look at?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Well, first of all, i don't think that MM was recruited by The Master. The recruitment you saw in his lynch post was a recruitment from the same person who recruited Roxy.

Second, I studied, analyzed, and theorized every vote of Roxy's, trying to first figure out if there was anything to her claim, since I didn't want to go after and lynch a civ. Then I went over it again, when I thought that The Master was the recruiter. Then Dom pointed out that The Master with recruitments would be WAY to overpowered, and I agreed. Then I went over other people's votes and posts looking for info on The Master, since he has a kill. That's when I came to the conclusion that I was of the opinion that MM never made contact with The Master.

He's a loner... it's going to be very hard to find him. I'd say look at the people who survived NKs, and I know that would include me, but we've already done that, and all the people who have survived NKs got vouched for.

You jumped down my throat for trying to look at Elo... and then siad it was just a read. She's survived Strax's kill... why can't she be The Master?

As far as the recruiter... I already explained what happened there.

TH, I'm not sure you realize it, but there wasn't one Cyber lynch, and as for as anyone knows, not a Cyber kill before I made the case on Sabie. I'll allow that Roxy sent me in the direction, but no one was looking.

I did. And I got us Sabie. And if we get to lynch Bass, that'll be another CyberMan.

Why is it you suddenly suspect me of being the recruiter or The Master when I don't do enough to look for them?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Turnip Head wrote:I'm talking about whoever recruited Roxy. Why can't we look at how people played with Roxy? Who voted for her, who didn't, why or why not, that seems like a good start. Why are you saying there's nothing to look at?
I'm not stopping you or anyone else, am I? :confused:

Go ahead! Be my guest. Go nuts.

I'm kinda confused by this one...
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

You know what? I'm tired of people who don't play the game living, while the ones who do play the game get NKed or lynched.

Well, until she comes back or gets replaced, I'm going to vote for Dana. And after she comes back or dies, I'll then vote whoever else isn't playing.

And once everyone is playing again, then I'll start baddie hunting.

If you think this is a baddie ploy, lynch me...
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

I'm playing the game while dead.

Hope a game starts soon, I've got an empty week off here.
keys56000000000
The Mark

Chris, you didn't get us Sabie. You need to stop posting these wacky cases or you are going to get yourself lynched, and I ain't coming to the rescue the next time! :haha:
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

keys56000000000 wrote:Chris, you didn't get us Sabie. You need to stop posting these wacky cases or you are going to get yourself lynched, and I ain't coming to the rescue the next time! :haha:
Ok.

I'm done.

I'll do my own research, and vote for who I think is a baddie.

But only after Dana is playing again, replaced, or dead.

That is, of course, if I survive this upcoming night post.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Playing Yahtzee with people who insist on firing the dice from a trebuchet gets old after a while too.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I hear yeah Epig. But Jesus fuck! Dana hasn't voted or posted since day 4, with the exeption of this:
Dana wrote:Okay, first thing first. I want to sincerely apologize for being MIA for the past few days. I'm especially sorry to BWT and Bea for not participating as much as I should be in this great game that you both worked hard on. Midterm/project season has been kind of insane but I'm going to try as hard as I can to keep up and be more involved. I've been checking in to read the night and lynch posts, but as far as actual conversation, I'm still pretty far behind.

The one thing that I've seen that I think I should address as soon as possible was Nijuu's case against me has the wrong person. She says I have a lot of posts defending Snow Dog and then I voted for him, but I was speaking about Daisy (I had only said SD. I'm pretty sure I wrote out Snow Dog every time and only used SD to refer to Daisy). I didn't ever defend Snow Dog, which is why I was surprised about his lynch result because I actually did believe he was bad. I defended Daisy because I strongly believed she was good. I thought this was an important thing to bring up because it changes the situation greatly when you see that it was two different people.

Now back to catch up, and once again, I'm extremely sorry.
Where is she? Why is she getting a pass? Why the fuck am I putting my neck on the line playing this game, and she hasn't done anything. And while she's the most extreme, there are other players who are barely playing as well.

So yeah, I feel yeah Epig. I'm sure I posted a lot lately. That's what I do when I'm at risk of being lynched. But fuck, if more than just a few of us played this game the way it's supposed to be played, I wouldn't be posting so much, and trying so hard.

And then as a reward for 2 days of looking for mafia, I get suspected for not doing what TH calls enough. And keys saying I didn't get Sabie lynched.

It's like, why bother?

So don't worry Epig. No more trebuchets. Not even sling shots.

From now on, all my dice rolls are straight outta the cup, by hand.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I actually agree with what Chris is sayng about absent players. Why should people who are actually playing the game get all the heat?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Legend of Zelda (Ganon's Conquest) has five slots left. Sign up if you would like.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

If you survive tonight Chris(by which I mean not targeted, if you survive a NK is another matter) I think I may lay off you. No promises.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I am down Acolyte of Death Ela the deadwood. Is Dana Dr. Von Dreszen lowest living poster?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Actually no, there are several below her. Ninjablooper looks like the lowest. Then there are some people like bass, BR, Gotrees, Elo, etc. I didn't name them all or name them by number of posts just giving you an idea.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

faraday and hedgie are the other two I see that come before dana. But, maybe chris is looking at voting record as well as posts.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

It's certainly a possibility.
keys56000000000 wrote:Epignosis, I think Chris was targeted by the Cybermen and lived. So The Master is all he could be, other than this mysterious recruiter fellow.

Chris ain't the recruiter, TH. He's a civilian. Belie' dat.
How do you know he hasn't been recruited?
Snow Dog wrote:I actually agree with what Chris is sayng about absent players. Why should people who are actually playing the game get all the heat?
Let's lynch all the non actives!!!!!!?????

MP seems pretty confident about Dana...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

No Dom. Not all of them! :p
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Dom wrote:MP seems pretty confident about Dana...

OH! I forgot about that!

I'm sorry....

Forget that she hasn't participated in THE most important part of the game mafia for the ENTIRE 2nd half, and made one post in that time frame.

MP says she's god.

OK, so... forget Dana, where do we look?

WAIT! I know a better way... let's make a list of who HASN'T been vouched for... Surely The Master and the recruiter will be in that group, right?

Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Chris wrote:
Dom wrote:MP seems pretty confident about Dana...

OH! I forgot about that!

I'm sorry....

Forget that she hasn't participated in THE most important part of the game mafia (voting) for the ENTIRE 2nd half, and made one post in that time frame.

MP says she's good.

OK, so... forget Dana, where do we look?

WAIT! I know a better way... let's make a list of who HASN'T been vouched for... Surely The Master and the recruiter will be in that group, right?

*fixed
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

And before you get all NO Uy again... its not an attack on you. Rather, it a thing about all the vouching.

Return to “Previous Jobs”