It's going to happen regardless...
30%

Total votes: 20
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84

Re: [DAY 5] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Black Rock »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Black Rock said nothing about Fuzz before he was lynched, and didn't appear to be present as the CFD developed (she left just before it started to rev up). Her earlier focus seemed to be more on Turnip Head and to a lesser degree Epignosis. I do like the way she responded to the results of the CFD/Fuzz flip though, at least in that her perspectives align well with my own other than the same sig read I've disagreed with nearly everyone else on. I don't get overwhelmingly good vibes in the absence of interactions with the dead mafioso, but I wouldn't call her a suspect either. Leaning slightly townward.

I also don't remember much talk about him before I left. He wasn't a player I was thinking about at all. Because of my work schedule I haven't been able to be here near the end of the lynches. Otherwise I would have been here fighting for LC when he got lynched.

So the lynch ends today? I could have sworn it ended yesterday. I came here to see the result. I am still very far behind. I work in a bar, yesterday was St Pattys day and I worked lunch and dinner. I am exhausted. I'll see what I can do but over 40 pages doesn't seem appealing right now.
ImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

I'd forgotten that I did already ISO TH, so I'll put up a full rainbow.

Sloonei
Golden
thellama73
indiglo

sig
S~V~S
soneji
a2thezebra
Matt 2.0
chaindeath
Silverwolf

Black Rock
Draconus
Turnip Head
Scotty

Nerolunar
ika
Epignosis
Quin

Serge
Boomslang
Dragon D. Luffy

The tiers are ranked, but the names within them aren't.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 580

Post by Golden »

509 - what would your view of epi be on each side of how DDL flipped?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Prisoner 920077 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 920077 wrote:
Prisoner 413022 wrote:
I for one, look forward to hearing what Blondy has to say about this one.
He basically gave me a pat reply and then has kind of stayed out of the way, none of which have changed my mind. But, you've got to fight the battles people are willing to fight, and no one is biting, so I've moved on... I'm assuming we're heading back to the slammer soon, anyway, so it's not like it's my problem!
I gave you a truthful reply, not a dissertation. I'm not going to spend the limited time I have repeating what I've already said.

Do you even know what a dissertation is, Chronos?
Who is Chronos? Honest question. And why be snarky?
You're Chronos, God of Timestamps.

Snark is how I respond to people who are both cocky and wrong.

You're also a criminal, so there.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Paul Stevens »

Prisoner 920077 wrote:
Prisoner 740359 wrote:
WIFOM, jimmy rustlin'. No way to crack "did he or didnndnt he" methinks.

You can ignore or you can vote to lynch him. His name being Golden.
Golden as Warden? I can't see it. Warden didn't post enough for it to be Golden. Golden would have been more active in taunting us, etc. if he were that role. :shrug2:
I agree with this. I don't think Golden is the warden.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 413022 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Speaking of indiglo, I want her to name a suspect or two who is/are not currently being widely suspected in the thread.
why with that limitation? What has she done that we have not seen that makes her behavior this phase so call out worthy?
My observation of indiglo at the time was that she was participating in a number of the big bandwagons/lynches throughout the game, but she always seems to come in late, after things have I already been discussed. I was not, and still am not, totally sure whether this was opportunistic scum piggybacking, or just a genuine case of a player who is constantly in ketchup. I am leaning towards the latter, but it never hurts to ask.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

I am switching to Boomslang, Quin is still my guy, but I think Enrislang is a good shot at a baddie based on his reactions to Day 2. DDL seems like the big train,and with all those votes, I would like the second most votes to be someone that a lot of people seem to think is bad, too. Making shenanigans harder.

Linki, no I think Golden is a civ based on here. Plus I don't think he's have teh time to be all civ here & tormenting you guys over in Prison.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Golden wrote:509 - what would your view of epi be on each side of how DDL flipped?
It'd be more difficult to read Epignosis as a baddie if DDL flips baddie, but I don't think it would have an exonerating effect either. As inspired as Epi's attacks on DDL this phase have been and as thorough as he's been in recounting the full game, his vote remains on sig. His analysis has also largely come after DDL began to accumulate a lot of votes. Essentially if DDL is a baddie, I think the case against Epi would start to feel a bit like tinfoiling -- but not necessarily illogical. I'd want to talk through things with him before pursuing his lynch.

If DDL flips town, I don't think it'd change my perspective of Epi. It wouldn't make him more or less suspicious; he'd remain at the "mildly suspicious" tier. I can't fault someone for doing all that work and just being wrong, it happens. I also can't allow that forgiving mentality to be what lets him off the hook.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:I would like the second most votes to be someone that a lot of people seem to think is bad, too. Making shenanigans harder.
I like this.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ebwop, and I am not as sold on ika being bad as I am on Enrislang.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

While I'm fine voting DDL, just be aware that Norton comes in, votes sig, and people scamper away from sig like they just found out he has TB (the disease, not Bubbles formerly known as TinyBubbles).

Go on and think about that for a minute.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Epignosis wrote:You're also a criminal, so there.
But are you? :smoky:
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Golf »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Prisoner 740359 wrote:I have a better idea.

CFD Golden the Warden.
I'd love to lynch the Warden, but I really don't know who he/she is. I honestly don't know why Golden should be considered a top suspect for that role, or even a suspect at all.
Taunted with our identities.
Changed his testimony from "I was having fun to myself" to "I was bringing levity in the game".
Freaked out when he realized prisoners have voting priviledges this phase. Melodrama'd his situation into "oh the prisoners will all lynch me", when he hardly garnered the suspicion of two such inmates.
Started throwing "there be undercover cops" among prisoners.
Started complaining about 14 prisoners = 14 votes being not fair, waah, waah. Has no issue, on the other hand, with the concept of there being undercover cops among prisoners, coming here to wreck the setup. The former is unbalance to him. The latter, no issues there. Huh.
Banters on Warden voting sig, as in sig being the Warden and voting for himself, only to then moves his own vote from sig.
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Golden
Ew. Why does Golden the Warden get strong green again. When CFD was initiated on EoD2, he brought up names like Matt and some other totally not main wagon player, before settling with RadicalFuzz, once others agreed to this path.

Can I please post, homies?
Fractal
sprityo
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Epignosis wrote:While I'm fine voting DDL, just be aware that Norton comes in, votes sig, and people scamper away from sig like they just found out he has TB (the disease, not Bubbles formerly known as TinyBubbles).

I don't think sig lost more than one or two votes after that. Most of the "scampering" has been from people moving off of people other than sig, or from people placing their first votes of the day.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

740359, I respectfully submit that you are mistaken about Golden. Does the Warden give you extra swag like real food or beer or cigarettes if you lead lynches on civvies?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:
Epignosis wrote:You're also a criminal, so there.
But are you? :smoky:
No man! :grin:

The Warden's here. :ninja:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Don't feed the troll.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MP has over 100 posts in this thread...

:beer:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:Don't feed the troll.
I can't help it sometimes. I got this big ol' bag or Purina Troll Chow.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Buut since there's no momentum to lynch the Warden today - even more so, he's being called, lyl, a "civ", for now I'm willing to move my vote to Boomslang. I think there's something to Enrique being so venomous during that EoD2 and the point made about him also reacting bitter in Tree Mafia as scum is fair meta. I should still make an attempt to read him, DDL and a few other suspects, but time is running out, life outside is too beautiful not to take a good look at it whilst it's not too late (and homie50 kinda stole my limelight at doing hard analysis work anyway :ninja: ). I'll see what I can do in the next hour and a half, but ech.
Fractal
sprityo
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Prisoner 740359 wrote:Taunted with our identities.
I don't think he did that. Prisoners know the rules. If anyone breaks them, it's their fault not Golden's.
Prisoner 740359 wrote:Changed his testimony from "I was having fun to myself" to "I was bringing levity in the game".
Is that a "change"? I think those are essentially the same thing.
Prisoner 740359 wrote:Freaked out when he realized prisoners have voting priviledges this phase. Melodrama'd his situation into "oh the prisoners will all lynch me", when he hardly garnered the suspicion of two such inmates.
Golden typically responds with emotion when he starts receiving votes, especially when he doesn't understand the reasons for them.
Prisoner 740359 wrote:Started throwing "there be undercover cops" among prisoners.
I dunno about this, please point the way.
Prisoner 740359 wrote:Started complaining about 14 prisoners = 14 votes being not fair, waah, waah. Has no issue, on the other hand, with the concept of there being undercover cops among prisoners, coming here to wreck the setup. The former is unbalance to him. The latter, no issues there. Huh.
That strikes me as consistent. If he feels the voting power is unbalanced, then his theory about undercover cops would represent the counter to that unbalance in his mindset.
Prisoner 740359 wrote:Banters on Warden voting sig, as in sig being the Warden and voting for himself, only to then moves his own vote from sig.
I don't think Golden is the sort to reveal his hand by way of banter.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:While I'm fine voting DDL, just be aware that Norton comes in, votes sig, and people scamper away from sig like they just found out he has TB (the disease, not Bubbles formerly known as TinyBubbles).

I don't think sig lost more than one or two votes after that. Most of the "scampering" has been from people moving off of people other than sig, or from people placing their first votes of the day.
I'm not talking just votes. I'm talking suspicion in general. This marks three days of "sig's bad" to "nah, not going to vote sig today." If sig is bad, I'm going to tear this thread apart looking for the people who kept their kid gloves on and why. :srsnod:

Time permitting. :sigh:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:Don't feed the troll.
I can't help it sometimes. I got this big ol' bag or Purina Troll Chow.
I understand. Me too. I am trying to exercise immense restraint.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:MP has over 100 posts in this thread...

Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

S~V~S wrote:740359, I respectfully submit that you are mistaken about Golden. Does the Warden give you extra swag like real food or beer or cigarettes if you lead lynches on civvies?
The Warden gave me nothing but crap and a lightless cell in which to rot for all eternity. There is nothing more I desire than to lynch him.

Why is Golden civ?

Also, I'm not leading anything at the moment, because nobody cares. Overdramatizing much?
Fractal
sprityo
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:

I'm not talking just votes. I'm talking suspicion in general. This marks three days of "sig's bad" to "nah, not going to vote sig today." If sig is bad, I'm going to tear this thread apart looking for the people who kept their kid gloves on and why. :srsnod:

Time permitting. :sigh:
I'll wear the "adult" gloves and just say that I think the case against sig sucks. :shrug2:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@epi - I can only speak for myself, but as I thought solidly through my own reasons for voting sig they are beginning to fall away, eg part of it was based on the fact he wasn't suspecting gleam either... I will feel very stupid if sig is bad after all this time but I just feel much better about a DDL vote today than a sig vote.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Prisoner 740359 wrote:Taunted with our identities.
I don't think he did that. Prisoners know the rules. If anyone breaks them, it's their fault not Golden's.
Homie-I-forgot-his-number was pretty eloquent in how some players might not be able to restrain themselves, in such conditions.
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Prisoner 740359 wrote:Changed his testimony from "I was having fun to myself" to "I was bringing levity in the game".
Is that a "change"? I think those are essentially the same thing.
Doing something for yourself and doing something with intent in the thread is the same thing?[/quote]
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Prisoner 740359 wrote:Freaked out when he realized prisoners have voting priviledges this phase. Melodrama'd his situation into "oh the prisoners will all lynch me", when he hardly garnered the suspicion of two such inmates.
Golden typically responds with emotion when he starts receiving votes, especially when he doesn't understand the reasons for them.
Two votes =/= prisoners will mob me.
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Prisoner 740359 wrote:Started throwing "there be undercover cops" among prisoners.
I dunno about this, please point the way.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 79#p247779
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Prisoner 740359 wrote:Started complaining about 14 prisoners = 14 votes being not fair, waah, waah. Has no issue, on the other hand, with the concept of there being undercover cops among prisoners, coming here to wreck the setup. The former is unbalance to him. The latter, no issues there. Huh.
That strikes me as consistent. If he feels the voting power is unbalanced, then his theory about undercover cops would represent the counter to that unbalance in his mindset.
If the former is a danger to the setup, why is the latter counterbalance. If he's civ, undercover cops showing up in addition to the five remaining in the game would be HELL.
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Prisoner 740359 wrote:Banters on Warden voting sig, as in sig being the Warden and voting for himself, only to then moves his own vote from sig.
I don't think Golden is the sort to reveal his hand by way of banter.
[/quote]

:shrug2:
Fractal
sprityo
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Prisoner 740 is Golden. Discuss.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

:rolleyes:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

That wasn't at you, TH.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Has Norton posted today?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Gunther »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:I'd forgotten that I did already ISO TH, so I'll put up a full rainbow.

Sloonei
Golden
thellama73
indiglo

sig
S~V~S
soneji
a2thezebra
Matt 2.0
chaindeath
Silverwolf

Black Rock
Draconus
Turnip Head
Scotty

Nerolunar
ika
Epignosis
Quin

Serge
Boomslang
Dragon D. Luffy

The tiers are ranked, but the names within them aren't.

I see we are on similar wavelengths, 509. Here is my list in descending order:

EVIL
Dragon D. Luffy
Epignosis
ika
Boomslang

SEMI-EVIL
Serge
Quin
Black Rock
sig

QUASI-EVIL
Draconus
chaindeath
Scotty
Turnip Head
S~V~S
Nerolunar

THE MARGARINE OF EVIL
thellama73
soneji
Matt 2.0
Golden
Silverwolf

THE DIET COKE OF EVIL
Sloonei
indiglo
a2thezebra
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Turnip Head wrote:Prisoner 740 is Golden. Discuss.
No, we already debunked this insanity angle with Matt 1.0 being dead, prisoner and replacing as 2.0. :haha:
Fractal
sprityo
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Prisoner 740359 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:740359, I respectfully submit that you are mistaken about Golden. Does the Warden give you extra swag like real food or beer or cigarettes if you lead lynches on civvies?
The Warden gave me nothing but crap and a lightless cell in which to rot for all eternity. There is nothing more I desire than to lynch him.

Why is Golden civ?

Also, I'm not leading anything at the moment, because nobody cares. Overdramatizing much?
During and after the Fuzz lynch he was absolutely gleeful, REALLY gleeful. Solid civ Golden like he used to be in years past. I recognized that guy. I think the whole package backs him up, his thread, his votes, his consistency, along with my gut. I did not see the Warden or what he did to you, but lots of people can be meanies, not just Golden :)

I realize you aren't getting any traction from your Golden vote, but you are still trying, that was all I meant. It was meant as a punchline for my bribery joke :haha:

My jokes often fall flat :|

linki, lol @TH
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:Has Norton posted today?
No he hasn't, I see.

Chronos, God of Timestamps, I summon thee!

Six posts, EST:

Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:47 pm
Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:53 pm
Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:43 pm
Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:17 am
Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:41 pm
Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:29 pm

You might not want to take any consideration of Norton's posts or vote, but I bet that's something to look at. :grin:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I thought it was a good joke
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

S~V~S wrote:
Prisoner 740359 wrote:

Why is Golden civ?

During and after the Fuzz lynch he was absolutely gleeful, REALLY gleeful. Solid civ Golden like he used to be in years past. I recognized that guy. I think the whole package backs him up, his thread, his votes, his consistency, along with my gut. I did not see the Warden or what he did to you, but lots of people can be meanies, not just Golden :)

I realize you aren't getting any traction from your Golden vote, but you are still trying, that was all I meant. It was meant as a punchline for my bribery joke :haha:

My jokes often fall flat :|

linki, lol @TH
I got your joke just fine, I just sensed that your phrase had a double meaning to it, tbh.

Otherwise: Ok, then. Don't say I didn't warn you, though... :beer:
Fractal
sprityo
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Gunther »

Golden wrote:I thought it was a good joke
Zip it.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Can you be more specific, Epignosis?
Fractal
sprityo
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:I've had good vibes about llama purely from my gut, so I'll check my intuition against thread data:
thellama73 wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote: Gleam makes a good point. The normal result of players tying for a lynch vote would be both of them dying, no?
Um... no. In what universe has that ever been true?
Assertively rejects a semi-question from Fuzz about typical tied lynch rules.
thellama73 wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote: Llama can you elaborate on your conclusion that Luffy's posts scream "cop?"
Sure.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:The whole Golden vs Matt argument feels like a waste of time.

Just my two cents.
Steering. This is a big pattern I see in Luffy. He is very interested in pumping people for opinion, GTH reads, explanations, and speculations on mechanics. He is constantly trying to get conversation going on a variety of topics... but the topics are of his choosing. When people discuss something he hasn't steered them towards, he tries to kill it.

Here's another example, where he quickly dismissed my suspicion of him.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Not sure if serious or just llama.
Here's another example, where disucssion of the lynch wasn't going where he wanted it to, with people complaining about his leading them by the noses.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Seriously guys, not gonna deny I had some influence in that lynch, but why are half the people on it saying they voted because "DDL said so"? A little more independent thinking, please? And I didn't even vote for Diiny myself, for fuck's sake. Worse is that the two guys are apparently players who always get lynched as civs for doing stupid crap, so I'm like "how do I even deal with them"?
What I am seeing is a very manipulative game. He seems like a great participant, because he always gets discussion going, but he controls the direction of the discussion and squashes it when it displeases him.
Fuzz asked llama to expand on his suspicion of DDL, and this was his response. This is obviously more about DDL than it is about Fuzz, but that Fuzz felt the need to prompt this might mean there's a connection to be drawn between he, llama, and/or DDL. As of right now I would lean towards DDL being the suspicious one from this, but this might be worth returning to later either way.

llama wasn't around during the CFD at the end of Day 2. His vote that day went to DDL (it was the 2nd final vote placed of the phase). This could perhaps be seen as slightly contradictory given his more recent dejection over pursuing a DDL lynch that he didn't feel would take hold with other players. I am not concerned though because this vote was placed so early, and he was indeed absent from the thread when the vote switching started to envelop discussion.
thellama73 wrote:SVS is right. Golden is the civviest of civs, and I will go to bat for him on that.
This is surprising. I thought llama was opposed to people broadcasting town reads. I think this post is strategically fine and dandy, but I wouldn't have anticipated it coming from this guy. Perhaps a buddying scenario can be drawn out.

He spent most of Days 3 and 4 trying to mount support for a DDL lynch, but it seems that support didn't really materialize (or that other players were the focus instead). Actually that has continued into this day phase too.

-----------------------

I think the content in the thread mostly supports my gut read. I have no beefs with llama.
I think it's fine. In Zodiac, llama had a rainbow list going within a day and he was civ. Perhaps his opinions are changing.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

ABORT MISSION ABORT MISSION
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

hyuckhyuckhyuck
Fractal
sprityo
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:ABORT MISSION ABORT MISSION
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Prisoner 740359 wrote:Can you be more specific, Epignosis?
I mean looking at the posting times and narrowing down who the warden is.

There has been no activity for Friday, so I'm starting with that.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

It's fixed.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epignosis wrote:
No he hasn't, I see.

Six posts, EST:

You might not want to take any consideration of Norton's posts or vote, but I bet that's something to look at. :grin:
Dat 4:17am post... that looks like either European a.m. or west coast USA to me.

And big lols at the Warden putting me at the tippy top of their civ reads.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Rachel Green »

Epignosis wrote:
No he hasn't, I see.

Six posts, EST:

Oh boy! :beer:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Someone else who hasn't posted today: Dragon D. Luffy :ponder:
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 740359 wrote:Can you be more specific, Epignosis?
I mean looking at the posting times and narrowing down who the warden is.

There has been no activity for Friday, so I'm starting with that.
I tried to monitor players that way in a game once. Couldn't actually match up one single player with their suck, really.
Fractal
sprityo

Return to “Previous Jobs”