Andrew and mommy
54%

Total votes: 13
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 126

Re: MINECRAFT - DAY ZERO

Post by S~V~S »

The way the post reads, both the bank and the ship sound "meh".

Has anyone besides BF played this? We have 2 days, and while Ambray is right that discussion allows for influence, I would guess not only bad parties have info, and discussion will allow us to take more forward from this poll into the first lynch.

At this stage home sounds better than building a bank that we don't need, or a ship that could sail off the edge of the flat world. Is there a game based reason this supposition is wrong?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 86

Post by Boogs »

blindfaeth wrote:Oh u know when I read the host post I didn't even see where they debated over working on the home. I thought we were choosing between the bank and ship. Well I've played this game once with my friend Desiree and I remember home was where you wanted to be at nighttime. She had suggested I build one in the side of the mountain until I had enough resources to build a home. Anyway, at night all the creepy things like zombies came out and they didn't bother me as I was behind a closed door, but they were definitely waiting for me to come outside. That being said and since its "night" 0 I'm leaning towards voting for home at this point.
Well maybe I cast my vote a little early because I didn't know you can't get hurt behind the door. However, I did vote bank and that's a building too so hopefully the Baddies or whatever they are can't hurt us if our majority is home? I agree that we should try to make the consensus home.
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 50

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

Well i know from actual minecraft, the first thing you want to do is build a house. going with that choice
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 29

Post by indiglo »

Hello to all and the game is upon us! Image

I have never played Minecraft and know nothing about it. I think I'll want to try to do some reading or summat to see what my best option here is. And since I've got a little while and I'm exhausted, I think I'll do my reading at another time when my brain is function better. :D
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 69

Post by reywaS »

From what I've read so far, the house sounds like the best choice, but I will wait to vote since there is still lots of time. I'll wait till we've heard from everyone at least.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

I found a Minecraft Wiki! May contain good info for those of us who are completely unfamiliar with the game: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki

They have a beginner's tutorial, and it talks about what your first priorities are during Day 1 of the game, and having a bed was #1. So I'm thinking it does look like House/Home would likely be the most logical choice for Day 0. Still have plenty of time to discuss and vote though.

I'd also like to look at the mafia roles more carefully and see if a couple of the options would perhaps make more sense for one of those teams, if that makes sense, and assuming there are clear cut Mafia/Civ poll options.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Snow Dog »

We already have a house and have no interest in enlarging it. Sounds boring. Bank or Ship for me.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Got a busy day ahead of me at The National Zoo so I need to vote now.

Glad there was some discussion and I am picking Home. I do not want to be outside for the Zombies to find. Nothing better than being home and sleeping in your own bed.

Happy Monday all! <3
;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Roxy wrote:Got a busy day ahead of me at The National Zoo so I need to vote now.

Glad there was some discussion and I am picking Home. I do not want to be outside for the Zombies to find. Nothing better than being home and sleeping in your own bed.

Happy Monday all! <3
But as I just said. We already have a home.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Yah we have a home, ship and Bank what is your point?
;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Roxy wrote:Yah we have a home, ship and Bank what is your point?
That you are already protected from zombies. But the ship and bank aren't finished.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

If the ship and bank aren't finished (the Home isn't finished either) and I pick one of those then I wouldn't be protected would I?

Did I miss something that said I was protected from Zombies?
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Its early so I read the Host post again. The Bank and Ship both seem to have been started and the Home just needs some expansion. Since the Home is finished it will have a door. From what I gather from others posts is that Zombies cannot enter through a door so again I am happy with my pick.

Pick what you will Snow but don't try and make me be unsafe by trying to convince me to pick the Ship or Bank.
;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Roxy wrote:Its early so I read the Host post again. The Bank and Ship both seem to have been started and the Home just needs some expansion. Since the Home is finished it will have a door. From what I gather from others posts is that Zombies cannot enter through a door so again I am happy with my pick.

Pick what you will Snow but don't try and make me be unsafe by trying to convince me to pick the Ship or Bank.
So you think if we expand the home there will be no NK tonight? And I am not trying to convince you of anything. I don't care at all what you choose. I just question voting house under the pretext that we don't already have a home and that we are unprotected.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

EDit^ I question everyone, not you.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Snow Dog wrote:
Roxy wrote:Its early so I read the Host post again. The Bank and Ship both seem to have been started and the Home just needs some expansion. Since the Home is finished it will have a door. From what I gather from others posts is that Zombies cannot enter through a door so again I am happy with my pick.

So you think if we expand the home there will be no NK tonight? And I am not trying to convince you of anything. I don't care at all what you choose. I just question voting house under the pretext that we don't already have a home and that we are unprotected.
There is no NK tonight, so no worries on that front :)

Generally these polls can be one of two things; either One, a directional poll; something happens based on our choice that will point us in a general direction as a whole, or perhaps based on who voted for what option. OR Two, a boon will be given to the group that wins the poll, once choice representing civs, one baddies and the other Indys. Generally I tend to think that directional polls would be less likely to have info, or to require much thought. Boon polls are a different story.

Had Kate not said "yes, there is info" I would have voted for Home already as it is most appealing based on the post alone, regardless of game related info about Zombies or what have you.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

No NK tonight? Must have missed that info.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Unless that is standard practise? I don't remember. :haha:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Zany Dex »

I don't think I've ever won anything from one of these day 0 polls...

Don't think that's gonna change this time either but ill amuse our hosts :p

Ill hold of voting just yet see if Nything goes down.

Awesome opener hosts!
a stopped clock is right twice a day
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Flyin' High »

Yay a new game! Double yay a game about Minecraft!
blindfaeth wrote:Anyone have input on the poll who is familiar with the game? Are the stevie twins good?
I have played Minecraft extensively. I was playing the game back when it was in it's alpha phase. I love Minecraft! XD

As for the Stevie twins--that is just two people playing in the same world. And unless you use a Minecraft skin for your player character, then you play as the default "Steve". So yes, they are good. :)

And yes, in the game, typically the very first thing you want to do is build a house because when the sun sets, the zombies, spiders, skeletons, and creepers come out and roam the land. If they see you they attack. But they cannot open doors so if you're inside a house (or as BF said, build yourself into a mountainside) you'll be safe (though really, having torches helps a ton because monsters don't spawn in blocks that are lit (though they can wander into them). However, in taking a closer look at the house in the picture provided, I see that the floor is made of grass and I can't see any torches. That is somewhat concerning because if there are no torches, then the mobs can spawn directly inside of the house at night because it'll be just as dark as outside and they can spawn on grass! :eek:

Anyway, my gut reaction is to say that home is a safe option but I have some reservations about the grass floor and no apparent lighting in the provided picture.

I'm not sure about the ship, but it sounds fun! And frankly, if it's far enough out into the water you should be relatively safe as I am pretty sure the mobs can't swim. They can enter shallow water, but I don't recall them being able to move beyond where they can stand on solid ground. In fact, in some of my Minecraft worlds, if I didn't get my act together in time to build a house or found myself too far away from my house at night, I have simply swum out into the deeper water and stayed there until the sun came up in the morning to stay safe (there are no sharks or any sort of bad mob in the water, just squids).

As for the bank, I'm not sure I see much use of that personally. I mean, currency might become important (like emeralds for trading with villagers), but in the beginning I just don't think it sounds like a crucial option.

So yeah, I'm currently torn between ship and home. I'm not sure if I'm over-analyzing the pictures provided and should just stick with my gut that home is the safe option, or if I'm right to think that the home provided isn't as safe as we're meant to think. Eek!
ImageImage

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Elohcin »

Yay Game! :lorab:

I have never played mincraft, but this looks like it will be fun. It is my second Mafia game and I am excited to play :D

I spend the majority of my time at home, so I say we go on an adventure. I am voting for the ship! :bounce:
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

*Votes Ship*
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 50

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

Flyin' High wrote:Yay a new game! Double yay a game about Minecraft!
blindfaeth wrote:Anyone have input on the poll who is familiar with the game? Are the stevie twins good?
I have played Minecraft extensively. I was playing the game back when it was in it's alpha phase. I love Minecraft! XD

As for the Stevie twins--that is just two people playing in the same world. And unless you use a Minecraft skin for your player character, then you play as the default "Steve". So yes, they are good. :)

And yes, in the game, typically the very first thing you want to do is build a house because when the sun sets, the zombies, spiders, skeletons, and creepers come out and roam the land. If they see you they attack. But they cannot open doors so if you're inside a house (or as BF said, build yourself into a mountainside) you'll be safe (though really, having torches helps a ton because monsters don't spawn in blocks that are lit (though they can wander into them). However, in taking a closer look at the house in the picture provided, I see that the floor is made of grass and I can't see any torches. That is somewhat concerning because if there are no torches, then the mobs can spawn directly inside of the house at night because it'll be just as dark as outside and they can spawn on grass! :eek:

Anyway, my gut reaction is to say that home is a safe option but I have some reservations about the grass floor and no apparent lighting in the provided picture.

I'm not sure about the ship, but it sounds fun! And frankly, if it's far enough out into the water you should be relatively safe as I am pretty sure the mobs can't swim. They can enter shallow water, but I don't recall them being able to move beyond where they can stand on solid ground. In fact, in some of my Minecraft worlds, if I didn't get my act together in time to build a house or found myself too far away from my house at night, I have simply swum out into the deeper water and stayed there until the sun came up in the morning to stay safe (there are no sharks or any sort of bad mob in the water, just squids).

As for the bank, I'm not sure I see much use of that personally. I mean, currency might become important (like emeralds for trading with villagers), but in the beginning I just don't think it sounds like a crucial option.

So yeah, I'm currently torn between ship and home. I'm not sure if I'm over-analyzing the pictures provided and should just stick with my gut that home is the safe option, or if I'm right to think that the home provided isn't as safe as we're meant to think. Eek!
Mobs cannot spawn in water, but they can follow you into any depth of water and not be harmed. Also, mobs (with exception of the creeper) will be set on fire during the day time in direct sunlight, but they can avoid being killed by the sun by standing in water, therefore surviving through the day.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Epignosis »

Someone could tell me that evil vultures will spawn on the Ides of March and swoop down and peck out your eyes if you are at sea when the sun is at its zenith, and I'd probably believe that person.

I am woefully ignorant of Minecraft. :blush:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote:Mobs cannot spawn in water, but they can follow you into any depth of water and not be harmed. Also, mobs (with exception of the creeper) will be set on fire during the day time in direct sunlight, but they can avoid being killed by the sun by standing in water, therefore surviving through the day.
Maybe this has changed because I certainly don't recall zombies, skeletons, etc. being able to follow me out into deep water at all when I play. As I said, I frequently use the tactic of swimming (or boating) out into deep water to avoid dying at night if I can't make it back to my house in time/don't have the materials to construct a temporary home (and this includes if I'm being chased by a mob at night). But I haven't played Minecraft on the current update so maybe mobs can swim now?
ImageImage

Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Great discussion so far! Epi, I loved your analysis of our options. :haha:

I think S~V~S's info about there being two possible types of polls was pretty useful. Being a relative newcomer, I didn't know whether there were possibilities beyond what I had seen in my first 2 games. So thanks for that!

It seems pretty likely to me that this would be a boon poll. There are 3 options, which could correspond to civvies, baddies, and indies, respectively. If that is the case, I think nothing good could come of being on open water at night if the baddies can swim, so for me it comes down to bank and house. In real life I like my house a lot more than any bank, and since our house is currently dark and doorless I think we should spruce it up some before anything bad can happen.

*votes House*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Epignosis wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:Oh u know when I read the host post I didn't even see where they debated over working on the home. I thought we were choosing between the bank and ship. Well I've played this game once with my friend Desiree and I remember home was where you wanted to be at nighttime. She had suggested I build one in the side of the mountain until I had enough resources to build a home. Anyway, at night all the creepy things like zombies came out and they didn't bother me as I was behind a closed door, but they were definitely waiting for me to come outside. That being said and since its "night" 0 I'm leaning towards voting for home at this point.
Hey birdwithteeth- THERE'S the information I should've waited for. Zombies come attack you at night? And you're safe in your house?
Right now, that certainly seems to be the consensus. Too late for either of us to change now though.

Don't worry though. If we end up going with house, I'll be sure to help yank you inside to protect you from any monsters. :knight3:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@ Snow~ generally Day Zero is a pregame, no kills is pretty standard. I have not played every game ever played, but I myself do not ever recall an NK in a Day or Night Zero phase that I have played.

@ FH~ I am clueless about what can happen to mobs in water. What makes me leery of ship is the sailing off the edge of the world thing mentioned in the host post.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

S~V~S wrote:@ Snow~ generally Day Zero is a pregame, no kills is pretty standard. I have not played every game ever played, but I myself do not ever recall an NK in a Day or Night Zero phase that I have played.

@ FH~ I am clueless about what can happen to mobs in water. What makes me leery of ship is the sailing off the edge of the world thing mentioned in the host post.
I just don't remember, does day 0 go straight into day 1?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 217

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:
S~V~S wrote:@ Snow~ generally Day Zero is a pregame, no kills is pretty standard. I have not played every game ever played, but I myself do not ever recall an NK in a Day or Night Zero phase that I have played.

I just don't remember, does day 0 go straight into day 1?
The other two games I have played here have started on NIGHT 0 and gone into Day 1. With this one starting on DAY 0, I assumed the next step would be Night 1, but perhaps I am wrong. Clarify, Kate and Andrew, clarify!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

EBWOP~ I did allow a randon night power night one iin Cats/Dogs at HV. I don't think it was a kill but I don't recall, and I am on phone, so I can't look it up. So other thanTHAT possibility, I don't recall kills during thepregame.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

There will NOT be a night 0. When the post goes up tomorrow night, Day 1 will begin!
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

For what it's worth, there is no "edge of the world" in Minecraft--new chunks spawn as you move through the world so there is always more to explore. Basically think of it as a giant, ever-expanding sandbox. :biggrin:
ImageImage

reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Interesting discussion. It still sounds to me like the house is the best option, but now that we know there will be no night zero I'm not so sure what it matters?
Some day, Some day
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

is there anything else that this poll could represent besides night time safety?
Some day, Some day
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

reywaS wrote:is there anything else that this poll could represent besides night time safety?
A sense of ennui?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

thellama73 wrote:
reywaS wrote:is there anything else that this poll could represent besides night time safety?
A sense of ennui?
I'm sorry...since it was Easter, I assumed that people would need 2 days to check in, but looks like everyone is here. I can start day one tonight if everyone wants me too and all the votes are in.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kate wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
A sense of ennui?
I'm sorry...since it was Easter, I assumed that people would need 2 days to check in, but looks like everyone is here. I can start day one tonight if everyone wants me too and all the votes are in.
I think Logan was referencing the Stevies' general disinterest in profitable labor.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Epignosis wrote:
Kate wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
A sense of ennui?
I think Logan was referencing the Stevies' general disinterest in profitable labor.
OH, LOL...ok! But we can still get things going if everyone wants to :)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kate wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Kate wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
A sense of ennui?
OH, LOL...ok! But we can still get things going if everyone wants to :)
That suits me. :)
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I agree with Robert/Epig. I'm perfectly fine with only having a 24 hour day if most people are okay with it.

I do know MP said he probably won't be back until tomorrow, but that's okay because no one cares about him. :) :feb:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm okay with it!

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: I do know MP said he probably won't be back until tomorrow, but that's okay because no one cares about him. :) :feb:
We know he is just a lying baddie anyway. Why not lynch him on the first day? :feb:

Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 86

Post by Boogs »

Kate wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
A sense of ennui?
I say yes, Kate. I wanna get the game started :fiesta:
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Fine with me as well. :) and I voted home.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:I agree with Robert/Epig. I'm perfectly fine with only having a 24 hour day if most people are okay with it.

I do know MP said he probably won't be back until tomorrow, but that's okay because no one cares about him. :) :feb:

:haha: Well I only care because he hasn't voted yet!

Hehe...Just kiddin' MP! ;) ;) ;)
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

I'll go ahead and vote if this gets the ball rolling. While I'm still torn between house and ship, I decided that ship sounds more exciting than house.

So *votes ship*
ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:

A sense of ennui?
What's wrong? All this nasty discussion boring you? :)
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

I've seen Day 0 polls range anywhere from netting the "winners" nothing (as in it was just for storytelling purposes) to awarding the winners a prize, information, protections, extra lynch votes, etc. Really it could be anything from my experience. I've also never seen a Day 0 poll head into a night, they generally go straight to Day 1, as Kate is planning for this one.

Oh wow, I thought the poll was closing today at the specified time, but it's actually not till tomorrow. Regardless, I may as well go ahead and vote. Home makes the most sense to me. So that's where my vote's going.

*votes Home*

XOXO Epi Girl
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Flyin' High wrote:

For what it's worth, there is no "edge of the world" in Minecraft--new chunks spawn as you move through the world so there is always more to explore. Basically think of it as a giant, ever-expanding sandbox. :biggrin:
This may well be true, I don't know. i do know that the host specifically said you could sail off the edge of the flat world, so perhaps there is significance in that. It did not sound very positive to me.

While I myself would like the maximum of discussion before going into a 24 hour lynch to avoid "OMG, I don't know who to vote for, no one has caught my eye" I am willing to vote now if that is the consensus (who besides me & MP are left?).

My first reaction to Bank was, "No dang way~ I am not donating my labor to a massive corporation so that I can be ripped off by them" (I am kind of an Anarchist at heart and not a fan of banks or corporations), but then i remembered that I didn't write the host post, Kate did. And from her perspective, if the Stevies build a bank, and deposit their small amounts there, it is true the banks will profit, but so will the Stevies. But I still don't particularly like the Stevies focusing on profit when "shelter" is a life necessity.

I really don't like the boat; I can't see anything about it that isn't subjective, especially when referenced to the host post. Adventure is awesome, but so is a home port. And since Zombie is one of the roles, i don't think that going to sea will help us escape him any more than building a secure home base, which apparantly IS known to be a positive thing, so I am gonna vote for House~

We may not need the protection directly tonight, but since there is info, this 'feels' like the civviest option to me, so hopefully some of us will benefit :fiesta:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”