Don't Starve Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Okay, once more, and this time with feeling.

Poll ended at Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:00 pm

Belzy
No votes
falcon45ca
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
25%
Lime Coke
33%
motobot
17%
Porscha
No votes
Ricochet
No votes
Seanzie
No votes
Zenon
No votes
Dragonfly (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
25%

Total votes: 12
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 387

Re: Don't Starve Mafia [Day 1]

Post by tutuu »

MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:38 pm
S~V~S wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:34 pm Now I almost wish I had picked food because this trying to push townreads for this reason somehow bothers me.

I don’t see how wanting to live is inherently bad.
I've shrugged it since basically almost anything on the list contributes to living in some capacity whether that be surviving the day or night

the only one that doesn't quite do that under every circumstance is yours and JJJ's umbrella
its not the same since the wood and flint are useless to the mafia

it says in their description they specifically protect from mafia night kill, not from any kill like a vigilante

u shrugging them off and perceiving them as equal (or least representing that ur doing that) sounds believe to me, looks to me like u town told. enjoy the ride buddy
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Am I reading this right? The day # corresponds to how many hidden votes we receive?

Ie day 4 if we choose food, we’ll have +3 votes against?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 163
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

tutuu wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:42 pm
S~V~S wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:34 pm Now I almost wish I had picked food because this trying to push townreads for this reason somehow bothers me.

I've shrugged it since basically almost anything on the list contributes to living in some capacity whether that be surviving the day or night

the only one that doesn't quite do that under every circumstance is yours and JJJ's umbrella

it says in their description they specifically protect from mafia night kill, not from any kill like a vigilante

u shrugging them off and perceiving them as equal (or least representing that ur doing that) sounds believe to me, looks to me like u town told. enjoy the ride buddy
I disagree, having a protection from the factional night-kill, even as mafia, gives the potentially very useful explanation as to why you didn't meet some very scary friends in the dark.

Although maybe that's not really an issue for the mafia (or whoever it is) early on ig.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:47 pm

I disagree, having a protection from the factional night-kill, even as mafia, gives the potentially very useful explanation as to why you didn't meet some very scary friends in the dark.

Although maybe that's not really an issue for the mafia (or whoever it is) early on ig.
I like this angle

Or, I guess more specifically I like that you bring it up. Townlean

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 80

Post by S~V~S »

I would also think the wolves would like to get items town can use to make protections off the table ASAP. If the wolves have some of the protection making supplies, it makes it harder for town to protect itself.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

And sidenote I'm coming into this game with a fairly open mind and I suggest others do too. I still remember that GOC some years ago (which Epi either had input in or made himself) where a 3p inherited the factional kill and that contributed to town losing the game as they thought mafia still existed.

I'm gonna presume very little about this game.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:47 pm I disagree, having a protection from the factional night-kill, even as mafia, gives the potentially very useful explanation as to why you didn't meet some very scary friends in the dark.

its just a 1-shot protection though and they're alerted to it so it doesnt stop their kill. mafia can ... explain surviving for 1 night sure but then they are permanently gonna have to have that +1 vote on them and wheres the explanation for surviving the next night

unless they just keep hoarding the wood and flint

actually i didnt think if someone just keeps hoarding wood and flint yeah...

well mafia still has a chance to kill them. they arent immortal

hm

ok ill concede that there's room for wifom here

but u still towntold so cry + seethe + mald + cope + L + bozo
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Oh!!! There’s still Flint

[VOTE: Flint] aubergine

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Scotty wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:44 pm Am I reading this right? The day # corresponds to how many hidden votes we receive?

every day u get hungry and get 1 more vote against u

1 vote on u on d2
2 votes on u on d3
3 votes on u on d4 etc

eat 1 food to permanently dial back the vote counter by 1
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

oh this is an interesting dynamic for the mafia. they may purposefully leave hungry townies alive. they can aim to achieve mechanical win by just calculating the hunger votes. i mean they are probably going to leave them alive anyway since the hungry townies will be protecting themselves from night kills. interesting

so ... if u pick non-food, i think u better hope ur reads are good and u can get nked early. coz otherwise u being a living townie in the end game will be bad for town
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i bet mafia has a roleblocker with the rain or smth and jay's umbrella protects him from getting roleblocked. thats the most simple explanation im coming up with. i played the game a bit (the video gaem)
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

tutuu wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:54 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:44 pm Am I reading this right? The day # corresponds to how many hidden votes we receive?

1 vote on u on d2
2 votes on u on d3
3 votes on u on d4 etc

Gooooootcha

Well why don’t I just go to the corner store, sell this flint I found at a nominal profit and then buy 2 foods?

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:49 pm

I would also think the wolves would like to get items town can use to make protections off the table ASAP. If the wolves have some of the protection making supplies, it makes it harder for town to protect itself.
oh oops i missed this post there were a lot all at once

i didnt think of that. sure its possible, we dont know their roles
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

tutuu wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:58 pm oh this is an interesting dynamic for the mafia. they may purposefully leave hungry townies alive. they can aim to achieve mechanical win by just calculating the hunger votes. i mean they are probably going to leave them alive anyway since the hungry townies will be protecting themselves from night kills. interesting

so ... if u pick non-food, i think u better hope ur reads are good and u can get nked early. coz otherwise u being a living townie in the end game will be bad for town
Townlean for even bringing this up.

You and Martin are lookin nice! I hope you don’t starve

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Scotty wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:02 pm

1 vote on u on d2
2 votes on u on d3
3 votes on u on d4 etc

Gooooootcha

Well why don’t I just go to the corner store, sell this flint I found at a nominal profit and then buy 2 foods?
sir this is a mcdonalds
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Scotty wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:03 pm
tutuu wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:58 pm oh this is an interesting dynamic for the mafia. they may purposefully leave hungry townies alive. they can aim to achieve mechanical win by just calculating the hunger votes. i mean they are probably going to leave them alive anyway since the hungry townies will be protecting themselves from night kills. interesting

you too buddy, for being excited to pick the non-food nice and early

tutuu
jay
lime
scotty

everyone here is lock town for me
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

if a townie is hungry by 2 points they are essentially dead

coz in an fx scenario (like 3v2) - the mafia all stacks on the hungry. 4 votes, win by maj, it doesnt even matter what the townies reads are. unless mafia starved itself too and the townies counter stack

if a townie is hungry by 1 point they are 1 foot in the grave. mafia can go for a 50/50 by all stacking there

so yeah, it does seem to me like mafia will want to starve the townies

if this list of items stays the same, 7 people starve every day. i dunno if it changes but (edit actually 5 because 2 items give 2 food)

a lot of starvation. so im definitely confident here that ... the most basic / simple / straightforward strategy for mafia here is to be picking food, and let townies starve

mafia COULD pick non-food for the wifom / town cred. it is possible. but thats the more fancy-schmancy play. its more risky

im rly sure that the most straightforward play for them is to try to pick food as much as they can, obv evaluating the risk of being scumread for it

also im pretty sure there has to be at least 1 town role that feeds another player every night. it just makes sense from design pov
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

tutuu wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:03 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:02 pm

1 vote on u on d2
2 votes on u on d3
3 votes on u on d4 etc

Gooooootcha

sir this is a mcdonalds
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:38 pm
[VOTE: Happy Meal] aubergine
well now I feel stupid. I’ve been doing it all wrong :pout:

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tutuu wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:05 pm

tutuu
jay
lime
scotty

forgot martinwp69 oops
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Scotty wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:13 pm well now I feel stupid. I’ve been doing it all wrong :pout:

hhihihihi pattt pattt good scotty good :blush
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i bet one of the mafia roles is webber

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Webber

which one of u guys randed this one?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

maxwell another wolf role https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Maxwell

probably 4 wolves in an 18er right
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

id make wigfrid mafia too

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Wigfrid

"Excels in battle. Absorbs the power of fallen foes. Only eats meat. "
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

wendy and abigail probably masons and/or lovers https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Wendy
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Tutuu is probably just town. I like the progression here in early d1, in particular with how they came in here with an assertive attitude and yet they still pondered about optimal mech play later on (despite perceived optimal or probable play by certain alignments being part of the basis for their earlier statements). Just not something I do as wolf, and I am going to venture to say other wolves probably don't usually do that either.

The only thing I could question is them reading Lime Coke when Lime Coke posted at a time they weren't even in the discord hub (lol). Felt it was like giving out candy, but I'm writing it off as nothing meaningful.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 130
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

tutuu wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:05 pm

tutuu
jay
lime
scotty

why not me?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:29 pm The only thing I could question is them reading Lime Coke when Lime Coke posted at a time they weren't even in the discord hub (lol). Felt it was like giving out candy, but I'm writing it off as nothing meaningful.
wait i didnt know that LOL

thanks for the catch, martinwp69

u are now without a doubt innocent child towncore. thanks for the save
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:29 pm why not me?
hey rondo-chan! i am way of sounding like a broken clock, although im also wary that i dont wanna come across as uncooperative of u. you picked food, i wrote a whole lot on my thoughts on that XD
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 47

Post by falcon45ca »

I AM TOWN!

We can't stop here...this is bat country
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

tutuu wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:33 pm
hey rondo-chan! i am way of sounding like a broken clock, although im also wary that i dont wanna come across as uncooperative of u. you picked food, i wrote a whole lot on my thoughts on that XD
but I am town
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:36 pm
but I am town
okay, if we're going for the literal route, i'll entertain you - i dont know if you're town or not. because im town. all i can do is try to guess. i made up a reason to guess other people being town. i dont have a reason to guess you're town
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

tutuu wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:41 pm
but I am town
okay, if we're going for the literal route, i'll entertain you - i dont know if you're town or not. because im town. all i can do is try to guess. i made up a reason to guess other people being town. i dont have a reason to guess you're town
make one up. Also there is probably a 3p
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:42 pm Also there is probably a 3p
there might be one. i dream of the blissful day i can enjoy a role madness game here with no 3p but i accept that 3ps are really beloved here

4 mafia vs 14 town
and 4 mafia vs 13 town vs 1 3p make sense to me
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

3 mafia might be a possibility too coz of the starving mechanic slowly killing us all

yea now i like 3 more. well depending on how strong the roles are to combat the starvation
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 214
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

First time I've ever seen someone talk mechs in a game and feel towny.

Good job Tutuu.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Idk how to explain this but I'm going to be straight to the point.

Yeah didn't join the hub before I posted because I didn't realize it was there since I didn't check it.

So yeah I just posted to pick the thing up to make sure I had something.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I am town though, so it's cool baby, I got this.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Lime Coke wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:52 pm First time I've ever seen someone talk mechs in a game and feel towny.

Good job Tutuu.
Why tutuu and not me?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:01 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:52 pm First time I've ever seen someone talk mechs in a game and feel towny.

Good job Tutuu.
Why tutuu and not me?
You...haven't...talked...mechs?

Or at all?

You just had generic opening game banter, that was it.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Lime Coke wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:04 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:01 pm

Good job Tutuu.
Why tutuu and not me?
You...haven't...talked...mechs?

Or at all?

You just had generic opening game banter, that was it.
but I am town
but I am town
tutuu wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:46 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:42 pm Also there is probably a 3p
there might be one. i dream of the blissful day i can enjoy a role madness game here with no 3p but i accept that 3ps are really beloved here

4 mafia vs 14 town
and 4 mafia vs 13 town vs 1 3p make sense to me

Good job Tutuu.
I started the conversation
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:42 pm
but I am town
make one up. Also there is probably a 3p
Meant to quote this one
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

"There might be a 3P" and "But I am town."

First one is actual mech discussion the other one is...

A defense? A claim? A retort? Idk it's not really mech discussion beyond something that's surface level.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Good job Tutuu.
im gonna drink u
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

tutuu wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:08 pm

Good job Tutuu.
im gonna drink u
😳
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

I am basically inno child this game. Gonna give my food to everyone else like I normally do in dont starve and then die because you gotta kill me
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

So has anyone been playing cosmateer? I have been consumed by trying to survive on the hardest difficulty. I cant do more than break even atm. I think I need to start manually controlling the ship. Any thoughts?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:26 pm So has anyone been playing cosmateer? I have been consumed by trying to survive on the hardest difficulty. I cant do more than break even atm. I think I need to start manually controlling the ship. Any thoughts?
oh this looks great ive always wanted something better than FTL gonna try this
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

ALSO WAIT I JUST REMEMBERED i had devised a plan to troll by coloring all of my gameplay related posts in OT green and leaving my off topic posts default white. eh whatever too late now. i cant be a troll now too late im already settled in being lawful good this game
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:22 pm I am basically inno child this game. Gonna give my food to everyone else like I normally do in dont starve and then die because you gotta kill me
[VOTE: RondoDimBuckle] aubergine

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

tutuu wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:30 pm ALSO WAIT I JUST REMEMBERED i had devised a plan to troll by coloring all of my gameplay related posts in OT green and leaving my off topic posts default white. eh whatever too late now. i cant be a troll now too late im already settled in being lawful good this game
That...actually helps more than anything, imo.

Return to “Previous Jobs”